IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Guys I was able to update my Pro yesterday no issues to 1.0 code.
However, I now notice that the castle fire effect isn't working properly for me, the fire just flashes on and off without any of the "smooth" fire transitions, etc.
My game is on location so I didn't note if it was okay prior to the code update or not.
Anyone else had this kind of issue with the castle fire?

Game on location is like that the whole time.

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sorry, are you saying that you have a location game that behaves the same way?

Yes.

Quoted from Fytr:

My game wasn't like this before, but I only noticed it after I did the 1.0 update. Just wanted to make sure nobody else saw it after they updated code in case it was a code issue somehow.

Try to install the update again. The thing I wanted to say was only that I think it's propably pretty easy a cable shakes loose so the the fire Panel won't work as it should. So I would check that if reinstaling the update won't change anything.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I was going to buy bksor. I need to watch on YouTube the new code callouts. I liked the evil taunts...they got rid of that?

Why would they?

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

But since the humor was sprung on us well after the game was being marketed and sold...

Uhm,... you do know that the main goal & backstory in the game is to fight the Black Knight because he hoards all the arcade quarters he earned from pinball? Even being evil he is just obver the top funny and Steve Ritchie talked for 18 months about wanting to creage a "Beige Knight".

There is a skeleton with a 2-skeleton driven flamethrower.

How could anyone ever think of this as a serious game?! XD

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I know we are a picky bunch, but using this as a reason to not buy the game seems pretty extreme.

Especially when you can swap the callouts in pinball browser.

#951 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Uhm ... by the way it was marketed.
Perhaps you never saw any of the marketing, but take a look at the teaser trailer that kicked off the anticipation:
Then again, perhaps you saw it and it made you LOL. And that's OK if it did.
No pinball game is ultimately serious. But, just as in movies, video games and other fictional stories/worlds, you suspend your disbelief when you enter. But there still needs to be a fairly consistent and logical set of parameters established and followed to allow us to continue to maintain that suspension of disbelief.
Steve may have talked for 18 years about creating a "Beige Knight." Cool. But the game I bought specifically says "Black Knight Sword of Rage" not "Beige Knight Sword of Miffed."
For those of us who grew up with Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 and love the lawful evil nature of the character, suddenly giving the Black Knight in Sword of Rage an increasingly cowering sense of humor in a code update is not Black Knight 3 - it turns the game into a Black Knight reboot. And that's not what was advertised and why I bought one.
But again: just make it an adjustment along with adding an adult option and everyone will be very happy because whoever comes to own a BKSOR can select the Black Knight's persona based on where they're operating the game, thus tailoring it to everyone from HUO family with kids to adults-only locations.

A teaser is a teaser and it is absolutely clear if you look at the story and some of the enemys, the Match sequence etc. that they don't take it 100% seriously.
(Additionally I listened trough the first Code that was released via Pinball Browser and all the "funny" snippets were allready in.)

If this ruins your game, just change the callouts or load some code where someone allready did this (I'm sure it'll happen).

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I completely understand where you're coming from. While I don't mind the soft call outs, I do feel they are being played a too often right now. When I hear 3 soft call outs in a row and I'm only at the third realm (still some distance from the castle), it feels a little early for the BK to start wavering. I think a setting to adjust the frequency down or off would be great and give everyone the ability to set the game as they enjoy. It would be worth sending a friendly email to Stern with the feedback. I did. It may get ignored, but it stands more chance of helping to make our games better by putting the feedback in front of them

Ah, that I didn't know.

Thought they get played shortly before defeating him.

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Perhaps the Black Knight has just been misunderstood all these years, and he's really a pretty swell guy!

That's what he actually says!

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Last time I looked (about an hour ago) there were four copies for sale on eBay - but brace yourself for the prices.

I want one, but not for that price.

I hope they make it downloadable or let my buy a cassette...

...yes, I still have a cassette radio in my car and use it.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Good luck with the choice!

You made it even harder for me!

I actually read all that, thx.

One question:
Care to elaborate the shaker integration?
Does the shaker now go off if you hit the Black Knight target?
The "kinetic satisfaction" in that shot is/ was the only thing that doesn't fully feel right for me.
Or how is it integrated?
(For me the shaker just saves the whole GoT Pro, making the machine shake when the Dragon flaps his wings or you shoot the ram.)

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Just saw the side armor today it looks ok, I like the Deadpool ones better.

Huh, what, where?
Link PLZ!!!

#996 4 years ago

Additionally (and sorry to spam this thread):
Is there noe a red "running light" mod available for the ramp on the Pro, to make it look like on the Premium/ LE?

1 month later
#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Another quality control thing for people to check.
Kept looking through the rule guide for why the black knight target only counted one out of every two or three hits, but couldn’t find anything.
Finally looked up close and sure enough, the target was mounted so that the right side was jammed into the post rubber just to the right of it. So the target could only physically register if you happened to hit it hard and way on the left side.
Corrected the target and much better now! It actually counts when I hit it.
Before and after pics[quoted image][quoted image]

The machine where I use to play on location has that problem.

1 week later
#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone have a date for the topper? need xmas ideas for the wife

A13usaonutL._CLa-2140,2000-81tw6PgnKkL.png-0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX385_ (resized).jpgA13usaonutL._CLa-2140,2000-81tw6PgnKkL.png-0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX385_ (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1350 4 years ago

Side question: Did Stern hand out protection plastics as promised for... well the plastics that seem to break regulary from early buyers?

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

BOOOM!
This topper is rocking !!

I don't even have the game yet, but I NEED THAT topper!!!

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Yep, once that topper is available I’m in. That is way cooler than other toppers I have seen for just about any game!

I found something to nitpick on!!!

Why 2 castles and the Helmet looks plasticy...

But man, Stern won Expo with this! At least for me.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I was thinking the same thing, awesome topper, but two castles seems odd. Needs a castle on one side and something like a volcano on the other.

Little fan that lifts some flat plastic "strings" up, shined on to look like a wall of fire would be cool.

#1381 4 years ago

But man, you'd have to animate him in synch to EVERY SINGLE CALLOUT, so he shakes his head while laughing etc.

Biggest Kudos to Stern for all that effort!!!

Who did that chore? - I buy him a drink!

#1398 4 years ago

LISTEN BETTER!!!

Does the head tilt back when you hit the knight and he "ouch"es?

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks man. Doesn't sound like you can really go wrong with either. Alright back to this being a Black Knight thread.

As someone that generally loves Steve Ritchie games but sold his NIB SW Pro after 2 weeks I at least want to add to that that SW in my opinion is missing the physical "batteling something" aspect BK, GoT, ST have (either with the Knight, the Dragon & ram, or the Vengeance ship)... the small Tie Fighter doesn't really compare.
SW is way more rules & depth more then anything else, while BK is the easiest game to get ("There's the Black Knight. Fight him!") I know.
I personally find the latter way more fulfilling.
The rest is typical Steve Ritchie and SW is blazing fast but I'd still prefer any of the named games.

In that regard I honestly have more interrest in the SW Home Edition, where you can battle your way up to the Death Star (Tie Fighter Drop Targets that block the ramp) to hoot it (with an actual target).

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone have an idea on price of the topper and when new code is going to be released?

500$ if they stick with their pricing model... maybe more.

#1437 4 years ago

Our location got JP today, and uh... I kinda bricked it with my 2nd ball. XD

WP_20191021_20_38_33_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20191021_20_38_33_Pro (resized).jpg

Oh well,... f*** it, BK SoR is better anyway, let's play it the whole night!

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The upper pf isn't frustrating once you've worked out how to play it and what to do up there. It adds so much to the game.

As someone that doesn't care for scoring (wich is the main things you list) what does it add other then a 2nd multiball?

No troll question.

Loving the pro but can see the "1 trick pony" argument. Did not yet have the chance to play the Premium/ LE yet. But on video hitting the loop just not seems the biggest of fun especially since you loose that nice ramp.

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Only listed scoring opportunites as some pro owners may not have had a chance to play it and know whats going on up there as far as ruleset. You cant watch a video easily and see how the rules work so just putting it up there as more info for a perspective buyer to consider. If you like the pro cool... I have a pro guardians and starwars in my line up. nothing wrong with pro games but in this case I personally think its worth it to have the full game.
The loops are great when you get a double and they are fun to build up throughout the game as every loop increases its value plus loop champion is always fun to beat, my record is at 35 loops so once you have the shot its easier to hit and very lucrative. the lock shot is always extremely satisfying, particularly for triple and quadruple jackpots and the skillshot. Also being strategic when setting up both multiballs is important.
For me personally the way a shot feels and also its "value" in the game make the shot great. nothing wrong with not caring for scoring but if its a great shot but worth shit in scoring then I don't rate the shot too highly. personal taste though of course.

Thx for the input, definitely giving the Premium/ LE a try before pulling the trigger.

As said my "opinion" (wich really isn't one) is only based of of video... and there the lit ramp and upper playfield RGB lighting are more prominent then any "feel". (I hope it's understandable what I'm trying to say.)

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

I love my BKsor Pro and Steve work, but i wanted to try something to add a bit of variety and beauty in the game.
What do you guys think about that ?
Still a prototype and not playable for the moment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The idea is awesome.

How does it play?

2 weeks later
#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I really like your mod and think it would be an incredible enhancement to the pro. I do like the sword but I would be equally interested if it were just a wire form that mirrored the right side. It would probably be cheaper and easier to produce and ship.

How would it be easier to weld a couple of steel wires together into a certain shape to form a ramp (where the welding points can break in shipment) compared to just cutting the sword out of a sheet of metal???

2 weeks later
#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My prediction:
This game needs a 2nd set of monsters and more mode content, but we will get topper integration and a few tweaks and fixes.

Nah, Monstermodes are enough. Refine them a bit (is there a "finishing" animation?) and add some stuff to do on the sides, like visibly/ in numbers building up damage to the castle wall/ collecting money (wich you allready do I suppose but I still didn't get how sicne I only play on location).

#1654 4 years ago

70$ shipping... -_-;

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Does each album come with it's own LE sticker?

Meh...

Honestly I really want one but 70$ for the CHEAPEST (up to 115$) shipping method? :-/

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

$70 CD album. [...]
What the hell is going on here...? Oh wait, it’s pinball; carry on, nothing to see here...

It's a Vinyl Record and it's 26$.

What the hell is going on here...? Oh wait, it’s pinside; carry on, nothing to see here...

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yeah, how is releasing a vinyl record already available on eBay anything worth shouting about???Really expected new code and the topper yesterday otherwise don’t say anything.
Wasn’t pissed off before but now I’m annoyed! But, I’ve still got an awesome bk premium to play!

Stern got a lot of shit for making the record exclusive to a convention and people reselling that thing near 300$ on eBay. So there's obviously people waiting for this. Me included.

#1675 4 years ago

Stern BLACK Knight Vinyl on FRIDAY in a FIRE edition on SALE...

I think it's clever!

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Also realize that there is a grand total of just 23 minutes of music on the album. *Not* 23 minutes per side - 23 minutes of music altogether.
Don’t get me wrong - I’m glad I have it. But if you were/are expecting a more traditional/full length album, you’ll be disappointed.

Ok, now I'm glad I didn't pay 70$ shipping or I'd bite my a*** off. o.O;

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I understand, but to vinyl collectors it’s a big difference. The Baby Blue vinyl was limited to only 100 copies and the Orange is limited to 200.

Us who actually listen to them want standard black.

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What am I to do with a record??? Put the thing on a CD or Youtube.

An approprtiate comment... but not in a forum about pinball.

Hey, buy one, open it, keep the download code and send me over the record (for $$$ of course), win win!

#1699 4 years ago
atlantis (resized).jpgatlantis (resized).jpg
#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So my distributor took my order for the Black Knight topper today! It is supposed to be released any day.

Pricing?

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Is that $200 deposit refundable if you don’t like the final price?

I don‘t know US/ Canadian law but here without a final price you can‘t close a final buying contract.
So in my opinion it has to be completely refundable.

#1744 4 years ago

Whenever I go to my nearest location I only play BK and JP, because they are my favorite games there.

JP definately has more to discover and depth, so I think it "objectively" is the game you can get more out of in an home environment.
But, beginning with the slow "main map" music it feels slow paced compared to BK, wich is an adrenaline rush!

The BK package grabs me from top to bottom, even if it might get shallow overtime (wich on location it won't but I nontheless wanna buy one soon)!

#1782 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

My wife emailed Stern today about the topper. Their response was, it goes into production in two weeks so there you go. She got a response right away, probably because it wasn't playfield related LOL.

You mean you can ask the hotline things and they answer?!

What is this concept called?

Why'd most pinside users never heard of that but insist to speculate their **** ***?!?

SCNR

2 weeks later
#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The 3 bank of drop targets light magna save (when all 3 are dropped) plus they fill the sword of rage meter quicker.
Having the lock down bar button for magna save really limits how it can be used in the game sadly If Stern had kept magna save to a second button on the cabinet, the lock down bar button would be freed up for use in play.
Now that I have a second new Stern in my line up (JP), it's given me more perspective on what sort of depth new pins offer in terms of rules and features. It's highlighted how far behind the code on this game is. Even though it's at 1.0. Like you, I certainly feel like the game is further back from 1.0.
I find supers worthless outside of retro mode. You also collect any active supers when you enter retro mode, so there's no point setting them up before hand.
The game has many strong points though. The art package on this game is awesome. The display animations are fantastic. Love the call outs (excluding the soft ones - others like them though - so the up coming option will be welcomed by all). The music and sounds kick butt. Love the setting in the game. I'm on a journey to the Black Castle to defeat the black knight and his minions. The game oozes personality. Wrap all that up in good code and it's a killer game. The only thing missing is the good code. Which is why i'm scratching my head that it's at 1.0 and we're not seeing updates.
On a more positive note, I've started working on a small mod for my BK PRO that will add animated LED strips to the flail ramp.
[quoted image]
Currently it just cycles through 4 different animations every 4 seconds. The plan is to add a sensor which i'll mount near the rear of the flail to detect the state and adjust the animation accordingly. That way I can play different animations for the open, closed and swinging states of the flail. A short video of it in action on my desk:

A write up on my progress can be found here: http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2019/12/27/black-knight-sword-of-rage-ramp-leds-update-1/
Still lots to do, but hope to get more time over the coming weeks.

That is great!

I think Stern should sell us that LED board tough.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

And easy implementation for the lock down button is something like smart missiles or vip... easy to put in the code.
I really hope Tim pulls his finger out and goes to the next level for this code and tries some innovative rules... otherwise he's not off to a good start in the coding game. As it stands he's coded an average to above average game in it's current state.... good but not great. He talks the talk quite a bit... and he obviously knows what makes a killer game.

I would suppose for Stern as a company the game is pretty much "finished" and all ressources have been spread on different projects.

So the code updates that'll come eventually are done on the side or completely in their free time... so don't poop too much on those guys.

And yes of course I'd like there more "on the sides" to do but for me BKSoR is kind of a perfect game, because it has such a clear goal and easy structure to it. (Wich is not only a thing of code of course.) In this regard this game is way ahead of most recent Stern efforts.

Edit: I post that I like the game in an owners Club (wich is generally more positive) and get negative votes for that. That is... interresting. XD

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Thanks for tracking those pics down, @tilted81.
As I feared, at least to my tastes, they don’t do it for me at all. I hate to say it, but it’s like they phoned this one in. All three cabinets already have swords on them - all pointing towards the player. Plus the side armor sword creates a visually strange angle with the cabinet swords as I see it.
Oh well. On the plus side, with money I’m saving on the side armor now, I’m only $179.01 away from the $429.00 I need for the topper - presuming they stick to this price initially floated to the distributors.

It‘s made differently as usual also, isn‘t it?

I remember all Sideböades having the pictures engraved/ printed behind a cutout.
This here looks just straightly printed on.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If the community and owners don't give the coders a hard time and put some pressure on chances are the code won't get that extra polish. It's the nature of the situation.

Of course you are right with that.

Quoted from John1210:

It's not a personal attack on Tim... but owners have paid big dollars for this game and it is his job to code the game as best he can. As I said in my original post at present it's only a good game not great. He needs to sort it and get that code up to scratch and add some deeper rules and objectives.

That's the thing, I just don't want to make it "too personal".

Customers have paid big dollars to Stern. So Stern should "make it Tims job" to be able to continue on the code.

Truth is we don't know what Tims Job is at the Moment and he might be on the next game and do this additional codework in his spare time, like Lyman did with Metallica and Walkind Dead and I think Dwight partially also. And it feels wrong (for me) to hold Tim personally responsible.

(Partially because I know the situation and have to make a cut with what I "deliver" within the timeframe and monetary restrictions I get from a client.
If that restrictions are too tight I won't take the job, because the lack of quality will fall back on my reputation. But the difference is I'm able to choose because I'm self employed.)

Of course you should insist on a code update... loudly!
But from "Stern", so they'll listen and allocate some time for that.

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Pinball software engineers have spare time?

You know... the 30 minutes at the microwave wall?

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I could never code and chew food at the same time.

CODE BETTER!!!

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Not at all! there are kill animations for every monster since a few updates ago!

Thank you, them got me worried, since tha machine onb location still has early code and I want to buy one.

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

The orange ones look amazing on this playfield. Matches perfectly.

I don't like them.

The cool the multi color GI is, it's allready kinda *meh* that you have a lot of areas on the plastics where you loose any coor and everything is just red.
If you add in those protectors the whole artwork is tinted.

I like that protextors with games like GoT, Star Trek or my Johnny Mnemonic because there are more or less only patterns on the plastics, not a painted artwork. But if there's an artwork I don't want that to be "rainbow puked".

#1972 4 years ago

I wonder if the LE\ Premium lightboard would work in the Pro.

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just joined the club!
Premium on the way, hopefully arriving early next week. Already ordered my standard list of tacky mods. Bring on the topper!

That's 3 thumbs up, sadly I can only give one!

3 weeks later
#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Cant wait for the stern of the union to finally shed some light on all things bksor!

*giggle*

Well, I „hope“ it‘ll happen.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I wish they would incorporate more GI effects into the modes. Example: Deep Freeze would be white GI only. Wicked Cavern could be red GI only. Other modes could be partial (both GI on upper portion , single GI on lower portion)

Not sure that partial thing is possible. Depends how they build it/ if they made the GI controlable like in SW.

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The gi does change between red and white with varying modes plus brightness. The upper pf rgb lighting really sets that part of the game off and is incorporated well into the game. That said gi could probably be used better in some cases.... maybe in this long awaited code update.

I was only talking/ answering about „partial“ control of the lighting, so that you can light a part of the red GI for example, but not all.

So of course you can control the red and white, but can you control each bulb individually? That depends how it’s wired.

I suppose it isn‘t possible to control individual GI bulbs, because from what I‘ve seen they‘re allways activated as a whole.

#2159 4 years ago

It‘s funny how 399$ suddenly seem like a bargain. XD

#2193 4 years ago

I wonder if that "new" Soundtrack ist the "old" one, before Scott Ian joined in.

I you watch the several making of videos you see Steve Ritchie giving directions how he wants the music to be (drumsounds that mimic galopping horses etc.).

Have to "properly" listen to it yet, but for me the Scott Ian music is one important part in making that game stand out/ special.

3 weeks later
#2325 4 years ago

Even if you guys ordered the Topper 2000 BC it just was announced to be available officially a week or two ago.

Give it some time. XD

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The topper is worth the wait. It's amazing and the game integration is top notch.
Little things like seeing the Black Knight on the topper shake his head as if he's dizzy after the target under the knight in the game is hit is just badass.

Some Genius plz take that topper mechanics and minaturize it to give the Knight on the playfield this animated head.

2 weeks later
#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Here are some videos, that topper is so awesome, best Topper out there !

Why did you delete the videos?

Wanted to show & persuade my wife to get one.

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

It's an issue for me too; it's blinding. Thinking about installing tinted plastic lenses.

Give him some sunglasses!

That'd be awesome!

2 weeks later
#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I like how the Black Knight is looking at your cat suspiciously.

He's thinking: "Lucky I don't have my feather on!"

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Just picked up a Pro. Any recommendations for setting it up? I changed the flipper strength to normal, liking the results. Thanks in advance.

I recommend indoors and horizontal!

And: Gratz!

2 weeks later
#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Hello all! I've got a BK:SOR on its way to me for home use -- any game-specific advice on common failures to look for, default settings to change, etc.?

Do not actually fight the Black Knight!

2 weeks later
#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I know this was mentioned before, but does anyone think that the Up-lighting (Bright white LEDs) of the topper is done to intentionally make it look like shadows of ravens flying, when they alternate?

Pic?!

1 month later
#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why not go with the pro?

Taste aside: He asked how to get the game easier, the Pro would make it even harder!

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

thanks to the anonymous pinsider, soundtrack files received. They are 192 kbps MP3
[quoted image]

Plz, me too.

I'll donate as well!

#2710 3 years ago

Well, hat was not really worth it. It's the same length as the pinball browser files. XD

Screenshot_2020-07-21 Spenden (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-21 Spenden (resized).png

Still, a promise is a promise!

1 week later
#2754 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I just received my topper this evening. Installation was simple, but I'm not sure it's working properly. Everything in the topper lights up at times, but the head hasn't moved once in five games. Is there a setting I need to turn on, or any other ideas?

Usual Support question 1: Are you running the latest code?
(Topper Support is only in the lastest update)

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I don't know of any new code coming out. The game is fun but would be much more enjoyable if there were more multiballs, especially on the pro model. The game does not have any mini mode objectives and is too repetitive.

Knight Multiball, tripple Knight Multiball, Knight/ Retro Multiball, Ransom/ Retro Multiball, Rage/ Wizard Multiball

1 week later
#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ugh Stern is right. I honestly don’t understand how they are still a going concern. I have been waiting for a few simple plastics and a hex post for my BKSOR since FEBRUARY! I’ve send no less than 15-20 emails, and of course you can’t call, it’s just a message that hangs up on you, LOL.
The best part is, after tons of emails since February, I finally got a reply back saying my stuff was shipping...it arrived missing one piece and the other two pieces were wrong. Unreal.

That it isn‘t complete is a bummer.

That you really sent 20 emails regarding a topper during a global pandemic halt is a bit unreal tough.

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I said nothing about sending 20 emails about a topper

Then I misread that, sorry. No need to hate.

1 week later
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got my topper also epic service from cointaker! PA to the UK in two days!
Marcospec had them.

Wow!

1 week later
#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

GG confirmed another code update for Black Knight:SOR - hahahaaaaaa!

Of course. To get the new Sound Test Mode (Mixer?) in.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Feel like a proud papa right now.
[quoted image]

Uh... Is that your private collection?

If so, why do you have both? You love the game that much?! XD

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I have a new topper I bought a few weeks ago and deciding I’m going to trade the game. I still have the box with the original packing materials. Selling for $700 Pm me if interested. I know that Stern has officially discontinued it and I believe everyone might be out of stock now

And PM me for overpriced and (not) out of stock Star Wars Topper.

1 week later
#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Joined the le club. I have no luck with Stern. Paid 9k nib and the front decal needs to be replaced, missing screw for ball mech that is mia, found a post screw that I have no idea where it goes and lastly played it and a black painted screw just slid down the playfield. And I have no idea where it came from or goes. Contacted vender and hes contacting stern for a decal. It looks like paint was still wet when they banded it and it crept up behind decal and poof! I love the game otherwise and I will replace the decal when I get it. Sad truth is I had to do front decal on Star trek and Kiss when I bought them nib. I am cursed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Srsly that‘d kill all the fun for me. :-/

I have the same curse with Sony products. They‘re either DOA, very soon after or at least partially defective.

I just stopped buying anything Sony I can avoid.
Problem with Stern is there are nearly no alternatives.

1 week later
#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

Definite answer:

It depends!

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What do you do with the heat gun?

The job...

(...of replacing his front decal.)

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Good call. Colored protectors are like the next generation of color bombed GI LEDs.

In some games that have no real art (motives) but only some patterns on‘em it‘s totally fine in my eyes.

But since Stern actually gives a shit about the looks of their games (after GoT) it would be a waste to blur/ color bomb them out.

5 months later
#3677 3 years ago

.delete me XD

2 months later
#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

TWIP update today mentioned an interview with Tim Sexton. It says he talks about BKSOR but doesn't give any details. I'm sure it would be all over here if he said anything about a code update... But, did anyone hear the interview??

I tried to listen but...

...let's say the host sounds very... "special".

#3903 2 years ago

I'm not in the club (yet) but after "live happened" and I'd sold my whole pinball collection I'm back in the game, having my eye on BKSoR since it came out, played it on our bowling alley (when it was open) - but never played the Premium/ LE.

So before pulling the trigger I wanted to play the upper playfield Version and man did I never read an explanation of how I personally felt they differ.

I mean, I like my DennisK and ZMeny (who prefer the Pro) and going by video footage I agree that the up tier version has less flow.

But I didn't know why there was a drop on the left lane. I didn't see in the Videos that on the LE, the flail lane is closed after each shot, while you could basically hit it all day on the pro.

So you actually have to fight the Knight, with all these mean short distance shots, to even get to that upper playfield.
That really makes it a "second level" for me. It feels like "I'm in (front of) the castle" or at least have fought my way past the enemy line and can now launch & land my attacks (relatively easy and save as a reward).

I can see that people may not like how it shoots but man, wow, that is some of the best theme integration into the playfield layout (the shots itself) I've ever seen.

Aaand now I have to save up even more money to get a Premium/ LE... XD

#3905 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

To be clear, BKSOR is out of production?
Does Stern have any plans to re-run this? (I assume: not at this time, maybe never).
Does anybody know of any pros available at distros?
Thanks

Yes ("Last Chance" for ordering was last fall).
Your assumption is correct. (No plans yet, as said on FB.)
I know of NIB available Pros (in Austria), but I dunno where you're from.

You're welcome.

1 week later
#3914 2 years ago

Finally in the club!!!
(Still want an LE but this will do for a while. )

06562D12-6F7C-4D3A-9329-4798CDE94D37 (resized).jpeg06562D12-6F7C-4D3A-9329-4798CDE94D37 (resized).jpeg
#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I'm enjoying the game but the lack of being able to achieve the multiballs sucks. Especially for newer players. I hope in the much much needed NEW CODE they will do something about this.

Play better!

But srsly, it‘s not „that“ hard to reach tripple Knights Challenge, easy to reachCatapult Multiball (not on Pro), and the difficulty to spell „Knight“ to get BK Multiball is adjustable.

1 week later
#3950 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I guess 'alternate soundtrack' doesn't say 'retro'.

The whole 'regular' Soundtrack is retro/ a modern version of the BK2K OST plus additional songs for the modes.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The pro just flows so much more. The premium is all about getting the ball back to the upper playfield.

While that is correct, as I described a bit earlier now that I've finally played both plenty, with the left shot beeing blocked by a drop target (and the flail usually closed), that "reaching the upper playfield" stuff is synonymous for fighting yourself past the Black Knight and get up in front of his castle (to make major damage). So I like it very much since it perfectly mingles the setting with the playfield layout... wich is ridiculously rare nowadays, imho.

But yes, I only have the Pro, I like the flow better, but it IS a pretty different game and lacks that integration.

Edit: That said I wonder why there's no mod wich molds an actual brick wall for where are now that blue brick Stickers around the upper playfield, and something you can put over the catapult. That one is lacking "looks"wise. - That would up the theme integration imho.

#3974 2 years ago

Alright so I cheated, glass off, to get to retro MB which I absolutely loved so now I'm curious.. What's the best strategy to actually get to retro MB during a game? The path I took (WAR lanes) seems nigh impossible to actually achieve during a game... At least for me.

I set the Knight Letters to "very easy", so with completing one mode and the WAR Lanes you can usually start the BK Multiball.

I'm a horrible player but now get this one now and then.

(I'll never reach the BK2000 Mode tough.)

#3978 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

All Tim needs to do is add another multiball to the Pro and it will make it that much better. Should be in the next code update.

I'm not long enough into the hobby it seems to share the excitement for multiballs.

We have 4 Multiballs in the Pro, no? - Tripple Knights, Retro Mode/ BK Multiball, Ransom Mode/ BK 2000 Multiball, Rage/ Wizard Multiball? (Not sure about the names/ wich is wich but it's 4 or 5 MB I think.)

#3981 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Correct, there are 4 multiballs on the PRO
- Triple Knights Challenge
- Knight Mode 1 (Black Knight Retro)
- Knight Mode 2 (BK2000 - Ransom - timed).
- Rage- Wizard mode for completing Black Castle without draining (17 shots).
Most players will never see BK2000 and Rage sadly due to the difficulty.

There is an easy fix for that, I think the Black Knight even tells you:

"PLAY BETTER!!!"

(I never reached a single Wizard Mode on ANY game, but still... getting better is the goal and the Black Knight is very good at motivational speech! )

#3984 2 years ago

Mine likes to call me a loser....

You clearly aren't, because you are a man of excellent taste (for buying this game)!

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

In my opinion, the first Triple Knights Challenge should only require you to hit the light lock target once, keeping the shield up for locking three times. This would add a more attainable, exciting goal for novices to the game.

No game can fit every role at the same time and with the theme alone I don't "want" the Black Knight to be easy -> by default that is.
You may have as many multiballs as you want/ make the game easier as a service menu option, of course.

With it not being easy I feel like I've accomplished something in return.

In comparison, when I play Munsters ans shoot Herman (for whatever reason) two times and get multiball I feel nothing.

#3990 2 years ago

Usually play 3 games a day. - Today (kids are out) 2 hours straight. XD

Best score so far... (yes I‘m a newb!)

I‘m sweating...

EA083EA0-5FD6-467F-8DF5-6C4A8B9EFD28 (resized).jpegEA083EA0-5FD6-467F-8DF5-6C4A8B9EFD28 (resized).jpeg
#3992 2 years ago

If that's noob I don't wanna know what I am. I'm struggling to crack 100m today. But the few games I've had in the 70-90m range have all been fun. Whoever said backhanding shots was easier on this game wasn't kidding. It's so much easier and less prone to instant drains.

Most times I don‘t get over 100 (More like 20), but 2 hours going straight I kinda stopped missing shots.

2 weeks later
#4041 2 years ago

SR said, when they made the Premium/ LE code update video, where that machines got a „bump“ post fot the upper playfield, that they updated this plastic here with a wire protector.

Never seen that. Where can I get it?

72BB9E09-FAD8-4207-9F1B-F3F7CE13DEC6 (resized).jpeg72BB9E09-FAD8-4207-9F1B-F3F7CE13DEC6 (resized).jpeg
#4046 2 years ago

Yeah, exactly not that one.

NOT the bump thingy. A protector for the flimsy plastic in the picture.

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've wanted one myself. I remember Steve talking about that in the DeadFlip stream a long time ago, but never saw anything ever come of it.

Exactly! -They said the new machines have a protector for that plastic. I neither know if they really do, nor have I ever seen it anywhere.

I have a Neon protector under that plastic and that‘s allready shattered to pieces. XD

#4059 2 years ago

Since Stern went radio silent on this one...

...I have a Plotter, and I won‘t hesitate to use it! XD

This hopefully should do the trick. (Not perfect by any means, the Macrolon I had left was scratched to begin with...)

34B4B232-3ECB-4577-97F5-FC09CFB8F165 (resized).jpeg34B4B232-3ECB-4577-97F5-FC09CFB8F165 (resized).jpeg45AA57F4-F8EA-4650-BC5F-AE917B3069E7 (resized).jpeg45AA57F4-F8EA-4650-BC5F-AE917B3069E7 (resized).jpeg

Made those for the Slings and outlanes as well, but these are widely available online.

(I bought the machine used with orange neon protectors, but that killed the effect with the switchable lighting AND the protector for said plastic 22 was broken as well.)
sling (resized).jpgsling (resized).jpg

They're only 0,75mm thickness, but they stand over 1mm and are a bit flexible, so they absorb quite an amount of force imho.

#4066 2 years ago

I'm now six years into the hobby and now that I have BKSoR, and ONLY have BKSoR (playable), I finally start seeing progress in my "skillz". XD

Since all shots/ entrances are pretty close to the flipper just "keeping the ball in the game" and "aim when it is possible" won't do anymore.
I finally learned how to "dead flip" (is that how it's called) and "catch" most balls on the flippers, neutralizing any impact they had.

I thought this'd never happen. Hard games really DO make you a better player. XD
(That said I don't think the Black Knight is too "hard"... or maybe it is just not "unfair".)

Still saving up for an upgrade!

2 weeks later
#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Out of curiosity, why does this only work for Pro?

Because he changed the Pro code, propably because he has a Pro.

It does not work for Premium/ LE, because these machines have different code.
It'll be mostly -if not all- the same sound files but you'd have to do it all over again.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I heard something about that for sure.. possibly some kind of rumour that was going around.. or perhaps a mix-up with the magna-save rule path to jackpot or last chance?

Sounds lika a mixup between last chance mode on le/premium when you hit magna save right when the last ball is draining.

2 weeks later
#4155 2 years ago

THe problem does appear way more often if you have a playfield protector.

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

They posted last chance videos on FB and YouTube a year ago so I would assume not. They can do whatever they want but I assume it’s over.

That was for regular production in 2020 explicitly saying there may be more later on FB, and they have made another run in 2021 as far as I know.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Interesting, I haven’t seen any at a disti in forever. I guess I would just start calling the big ones and seeing if it’s on the production schedule.

I THINK Zach said a while ago that they're making some more BKSoR Pros (can't guarantee it). The game was (is?) also moved back from archive back to current games on Sterns website.

#4203 2 years ago

Happy the shooter rods got back in stock.
So now Stern, plz do a rerun of the topper!

8F23D3B1-1D4D-48DC-A371-EFFA75B64E80 (resized).jpeg8F23D3B1-1D4D-48DC-A371-EFFA75B64E80 (resized).jpeg
#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Do you have the link for that shooter rod? Can't find it on the Stern website.

They're all sold again it seems.

Heard it on the TPN podcast couple of weeks ago that Stern got them again (thx Zach) and Cointaker got a bunch back in stock (now all sold), so I was able to order them without astronomical shipping costs.

#4215 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I would be in if they did another run of the side armor. Managed to snag a shooter rod though.

If you really want it (and pay extra) there's still dealers in europe having it.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/stern-pinball/black-knight-side-armor-kit-502-7086-n3_40373_12208

#4222 2 years ago

There are multiple NIB BKSoR toppers on german ebay for a whopping ~3000$!

i h8 people. -_-;

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The links works. So now that Steve is officially gone, does this mean there will never be a code update for BK????

We wouldn‘t have gotten one either way!

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Such a ridiculously easy change to make the game way better by letting Black Castle continue if you have balls left to play. Haven’t heard much from Tim lately, though.

I'd make it an optiona in the menu:

"Maggot Mode" -> No / Yes, I'm a Baby bububububooo!

1 week later
#4251 2 years ago

I posted multiple times that BKSoR is my favorite game since it's objectives/ story are to blatantly obvious...

...but that also goes for my children. They kinda never understood what any game was about butmaybe like the toy or in case of TNA loved thee music, but now it's "Daddy, may I try to defeat the Black Knight" all over!

It's a bummer this game is not loved as much as I think it does deserve.

1 week later
#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Stern Last Chance video released a year ago.

Last Chance THAT YEAR (according to their own facebook site).

#4291 2 years ago

BKSoR was active again until just some weeks ago that it moved to the archive (again).

#4305 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does anyone know in total (all three models) how many machines have been made? According to the poll it would be 230. How does that work when there are 600 LE's?

Wich poll? And why would a poll here reveal anything significant?

There were 600 LE, Premiums and Pros. I know at least 3 other machines in person so it‘s 604+

Only Stern „knows“.

#4308 2 years ago

LEs are sold trough to distributors. But the LEs are mostly still in stock, at least here.

So there's not 600 LE games in peoples homes, but most likely still manufactured.

With the new price increase the premium ist kinda dead now (if that game is to be manufactured again), as long as you can still get LEs for about the same price.

#4310 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I thought LE's have all been sold last year when then sold them with free topper. I would not know any distri in West europe who has one.

Free toppers? Lol!

https://pinball-universe.de/880-black-knight-sword-of-rage-limited-edition-le

https://www.fun-house-games.de/startseite/60-black-knight-limited-edition-le-nib-flipperautomat-kaufen.html

#4320 2 years ago

1/2 OT but now with seeing Godzilla I'm saving up to upgrade my BK Pro to an LE even more.

Meaning: While Godzilla imho has a more interesting layout and lots of toys, I think that BKSoR is a far more "homogenous" package; the best of most recent stern. Godzilla is a mashup of "Dialed in" like rendered City view, movie Clips and even B/W movie Clips. The sound is made up of the original Theme song, some rocking but random guitar tunes and the blue oyster cult song, and the comic artwork and toy look nothing like the Godzilla in the movie clips.

I'll stick to my position that BKSoR is one of the best packages all around that Stern has ever made... that nobody cares to notice. XD

(And yes of course I still want a Godzilla, it's a great game it seems.)

2 weeks later
#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just update the code Tim.

What's the magic word?

#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

“ForChristsake” ?

Yeah, people love working for that!

#4368 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Tim does not care. He was paid and now he is done assisting us with our machine.

It‘s not on Tim to decide what he is assigned for. - So either bully Stern or ask Tim (nicely) to do it in his free time.

#4374 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why don't you ask him nicely since you are such an expert at it?

I'm satisfied with the game as it is and why would I ask for you, since you're so rude?

1 month later
#4523 2 years ago

I like the update. The added play options are a welcome addition and easily understandable for everyone without any rules knowledge.
(Wife loves it!)

Thx Tim!

10 months later
#4937 1 year ago

Have my BKSoR Pro for 1 1/2 years now and just did some upgrades to rekindle the love…

…I‘m just played a short round yet but the shaker motor integration seems kinda lacking.

Shaker seems tied to all „lightning“ sounds, so that you have the most shaking actions when the game counts scores inbetween balls. -_-;

One of the minor disappointments for me with BKSoR is that the Black Knight toy doesn‘t wiggle when you hit the target beneath. - Thought the shaker would fix that. (Like it adds weight in GoT Pro to the Dragon flspping it’s wings and the treestump hitzing the gate.) Sadly no, only shaking action if the shot is lit.

That reads worse then it is. It‘s nice but… I had better.

(Maybe it will be absolutely great when I play further,… when the kids are in bed. XD )

Added 17 months ago:

Edit: Nah. It‘s absolutely barebones imho…

2 months later
#5043 1 year ago

So after 1 1/2 years I finally threw out Black Knight Pro...

...to get a Black Knight Premium.

bksor-proprem (resized).jpgbksor-proprem (resized).jpg
#5046 1 year ago

I'll have definate answer to that, once I have another 1 1/2 years with this one...

For now it's still honeymoon all over again.

Game hat one little hickup tough: I maxed the ball save time for multiball, wich are more here so that you basically can play trough multiball all day and doing so was so hard on the coils that th flippers stopped making the center ramp. XD
So, yeah... dialed that back again, but the flail lane shot is definately "harder".

#5048 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

Agreed! Pro > Premium for me on this one. But I can appreciate people wanting the upper pf too

So now that I switched from Pro to Premium, while the upper Playfields addition value is surely debateable, I like some kinda minor things.

I really missed that the Pro had no flashers. The RGB Light on the Premium/ LE upper playfield can act as Flashers AND suddenly the Apron light strobes as well -in last chance Mode- wich is a really cool effect. When the Playfield tries to illuminate itself in a color with it's RGB inserts, the upper Playfield lights add to the effect. - There is one catch tough: When the GI changes to RED, there is one white GI lamp still on, wich I think is a programming bug. -_-; (IÄll check some gameplay videos but I think about rewiring that bulb, it just kills me! XD)

The Flail Lane Shot is a 180° Ramp; so the ball has to be fast enough to spin around upwards, wich kinda feels more rewarding.

Edit:
My daughter hates the Premiun (she actually cried) and wants the Pro back. I'm not quite sure why, but my guess is, she's too small (6 years, on a stool) to see the upper playfield properly. XD

1 week later
#5056 1 year ago

Only ‚bug‘ I dislike is that you can‘t see your mode shots when RAGE is on, it should blink white&modecolor.

Plus the shaker integration is the most barebones I‘ve ever played.

Other then that it‘s mainly priority hiccups in code.

#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Lyman set a standard others are unwilling to live up to.

Plz think this to the end, then delete your account. >_<;

#5071 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So he does not reply to emails sent to him or Stern, nor does he reply on here. I believe someone on here felt that I would not speak with him personally because I am behind a computer. So to that person, provide me with his direct phone number and I will call him. At the end of all this the code is incomplete and should be finished.

When Stern calls it finished it‘s finished. Don‘t call Tim, call his bosses.

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yes, let's all be upset at people wanting the code fixed and completed. After all they only paid thousand of dollars for an item. And if someone keeps asking for the code to be updated we should have them thrown in jail. I know you are from NY which says a lot, but let's not develop positive feelings toward our captors.

I bet you yell at the cashier if store prices are too high.

Just don‘t buy if you‘re not happy with the product and let them know why. They have the same hotline for ~33years, you can do this!

That said I‘d like some more updates as well, but the game is long dead for Stern. There is no work-budget assiged for it besides Insider Connected and you can‘t yell at someone to do your pleasing in his time off. Even if someone does take work home it‘s not ‚healthy‘.

Game is great like it is.
Could there be more? Sure.
Some of that relatively easy done? Sure as well. Frustrating but oh, well.

3 weeks later
#5106 1 year ago

So the BKSoR Premium hasx two problems my Pro had not and I'd like to ask for help.

Main thing is, the center target very quickly leans to the side and then stops registering. I remember there was some kind of hardware fix/ clamp thingy for that but I can't find it. If someone would put me in the right direction I'd appreciate that.

The other problem ist the right flipper having problem making the ramp, that's self explanatory... have to rebuild the flipper these days.

1 month later
#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Looking for head decals for a pro especially left side or a full set of premium decals.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/search?query=Black%20knight%20decal

If you can‘t find it locally…

6 months later
#5284 6 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I have a lightly used Stern topper available for sale. Taken off a mint low play count Pro only after a short period of time. PM if interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/166170

Who asks price can‘t afford it

Who doesn‘t write price knows it‘s too high.

#5291 5 months ago
Quoted from hank35:

Curious question. What is a HUO LE with topper going for these days?

Not sure what it is in the US but more and more prices here are crashing back down do pre covid days. So HUO LE with Topper goes for about the original new LE (without topper) price.

#5302 5 months ago

eBay is not free in the US?

They completely dropped all fees here… for private usage at least.

(It‘s actually pretty nice after having been basically unusable.)

#5304 5 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Free to list, but when it sells, the seller pays a fee based on the final value... that's not the case with your region?

Nope, it was 10% but now it's completely free.
No insert fee, no selling fee, even their payment services (buyer pays ebay, ebay pays you) are free. No PayPal fees.

But there is a (very high) limit and it's only free for national usage.

There IS an achilles heel, but that's within german tax law. If you have 'profit intentions' you may have to pay taxes (oversimplified), therefore ebay is obliged to report any sales above 2000€/ year to the tax office to see if you're running a business there.

(included a link to ebay but the pinside affiliate token breaks it so, here's a pic)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Sorry this completely derailed.

To get it back on track in short:
Imagine the mail you get selling a 3k Topper on eBay at 6x MSRP here.

3 weeks later
#5365 5 months ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Perhaps after looking at Elton John's release, Stern recognized that screwing with Steve's design shot themselves in the foot.
Maybe they'll release it as Ritchie had designed it.

I don’t think they redo anything, since they never do (besides protectors and stuff) BUT if they do what you say…

…there were two things he mentioned he wanted in there:

1. Shaking Black Knight figure, wich he was toldby the engineers that it was not feasible (wich I can see, knowing the belt mech inside powering the flail… yet why not even the shaker is shakeing when you hit the knight is severely lackluster)

2. Women (In like, totally not politically correct „Slave Leia“ or Heavy Metal Style by the BK in his throne room/ on the Backglass.

I like both.

In the longer making of video you see maps you can travel where the enemys of the different modes are located.

Not sure it would add a lot if you don‘t combine it with more options/ rpg elements/ and more enemys to be able to choose infividual paths to the BK lair.

BUT what I think may be a thibg Stern might add (if anything), with a release of the new and trippled by price topper (if it‘s real and not someone selling overpriced old stock) is adding an exclusive topper mode.

Like, the new Topper costing the same as before but wow this 1000$ goat mode is totally worth it!

#5368 5 months ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

A re-release is surprising because they were giving away a free topper with any LE order in Europe and other regions in the end of it's run.
It wasn't exactly flying off the shelves.

Uh. - You were eligible to buy a topper with an LE purchase but f****d if you only bought a pro/prem.
They never were available to buy on any website hrre, only if you preordered with the anouncement or bought an LE.

1 week later
#5393 4 months ago

Black Castle,… who ever reaches that?

For me the backpedalling voice is still the biggest satisfaction. XD

2 weeks later
#5433 4 months ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Topper has arrived!
Been waiting a while to grab one of these.
As a bonus, the two side fires throw quite a bit of extra light.
[quoted image]

GZ!

I‘m still waiting for confirmation that my distro get‘s one for me.

1 week later
#5441 3 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

HELP - just got a used game for the Delaware Pinball Collective. However the center target is leaning and not registering. Is there is a permanent fix for this that anyone knows of?

Centering and then tighten the screws.

4 weeks later
#5462 89 days ago

I prefer the blue set. When the light shines trough it doesn’t alternate the color of the plastics and just looks blueish white and the GI red/ white switching in the game doesn‘t loose it‘s effect.

Had orange ones that I tossed out and saw yellow ones wich both ruined that effect.

1 month later
#5489 48 days ago

Finally got the Topper and WOW IT ADDDS TO THE GAME.

I'm not much into Stern Toppers, got the Ghostbusters one, wich looked nice but basically you didn't notice it during the game.

But the BKSoR Topper, even tough it's now 3x the original price adds to the game, even when you're not looking at it.
Without looking the Lightshow (flame effect all through the room) is still intensified and the finally got "flashers".

Man I love his game!

ONLY THING i'd wish for is that the f***ing shaker would activate if you hit the center target!!!

1 month later
#5564 5 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:Sorry stern….
I’d hop back on the bksor train if the game didn’t cost 30% more than the first one I bought new
Ridiculous. Vote with your wallets, folks.

Lol, I‘d kill for 30%, just paid 300% for the Topper!!!

#5574 3 days ago
Quoted from BoilerUp:

I’ve sent the art blades available but not armor.

I have the side armor and honestly was really disappointed.

Usually the ‚picture’ is in a cut-out in the armor, but with BKSoR it‘s just a print sealed with clear… wich also makes the sidearmor a shinyier black than the legs.

#5575 3 days ago

In official AddOns:

Topper -> Best ever
Artblades -> Very nice and actually broaden the „battleground“ you‘re playing on
Shooter Knob -> Looks nice but sadly feels quite cheap
Sidearmor -> Lackluster Design to begin with and poorly executed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.