IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4950 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Why would anyone know who "Bill" is or where to find his site?

https://superskillshot.com/

10 months later
#5282 6 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Just joined the club. Was lucky enough to to find an LE with topper and shooter rod. Easily the crown jewel of my collection. [quoted image][quoted image]

Sick…what a beauty! I’m on the hunt for an LE myself. Such a gorgeous game and that topper!

3 weeks later
#5347 5 months ago

Stern does it again. I've been lusting after a BK LE for years. Will have to pull the trigger on one after secondary prices crash!

3 months later
#5493 37 days ago

Looking for BK LE on West Coast. Will also consider purchasing and shipping via STI/Beltmann. Let me know what you have, thanks

2 weeks later
#5523 20 days ago

I’m picking up a mint BK LE with 24 lifetime plays on Saturday. I already ordered the topper and bunch of other mods, I’m super pumped! Who makes the best plastic protectors for this game? I see Freddy’s has complete sets for upper and lower playfields, but pricey. Which color looks best, yellow, orange or red? Any insight would be appreciated!, thank you
IMG_1727 (resized).pngIMG_1727 (resized).png

#5526 19 days ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

I picked this neon yellow. I thought it looked cool, but some folks don't like it because it changes the color wash of your playfield.
Was actually wondering how much better a red would look.
Be sure to post when you choose & install.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, yellow does look good. I'm leaning toward orange protectors for the upper and lower playfields, but haven't decided yet.

Which knight on horse figure is that? I ordered the 2005 Papo Black Knight figurine on eBay and it looks good enough to me! I see Mezel Mods also sells the same knight on horse, but with an illuminated sword. I don't really need the sword lit up, so not a big deal. Are there any other recommended high-quality figurines to dress up the playfield?

I'll share pics of the game once I get it all pimped out. If there are any must-have mods besides the topper, do let me know

#5530 16 days ago

First mods installed on my new BK LE! Tilt Graphics goodies. Official Stern topper will arrive next week and planning to also order LED flipper buttons and either orange or yellow plastic protectors.

These gold pop bumper caps look like they’ll be a bear to install having to remove the entire upper playfield. Any tips? Also, is this modified plastic with the bump recommended?

IMG_1765 (resized).jpegIMG_1765 (resized).jpegIMG_1776 (resized).jpegIMG_1776 (resized).jpegIMG_1783 (resized).jpegIMG_1783 (resized).jpegIMG_1787 (resized).jpegIMG_1787 (resized).jpegIMG_1788 (resized).jpegIMG_1788 (resized).jpegIMG_1789 (resized).jpegIMG_1789 (resized).jpegIMG_1815 (resized).jpegIMG_1815 (resized).jpegIMG_1816 (resized).jpegIMG_1816 (resized).jpegIMG_1817 (resized).jpegIMG_1817 (resized).jpegIMG_1818 (resized).jpegIMG_1818 (resized).jpegIMG_1820 (resized).jpegIMG_1820 (resized).jpegIMG_1821 (resized).jpegIMG_1821 (resized).jpegIMG_1822 (resized).jpegIMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
#5533 16 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Really depends on the players and if you want your machine to be nudged during play.
I personally dislike the bump mod... But without it you need to witness people nudging the machine to keep the ball in play on the upper, it does allow for longer upper pf ball times, longer Mb etc.

Thanks for the explanation. I do nudge quite a bit when playing, which really helps to keep the balls in play and I find it to be a crucial technique. I was nudging during play last night to make shots on the upper playfield, so if that bump plastic helps to kick the ball toward the third flipper, I think I'll go ahead and install it. This game is brutal enough, so anything that helps to keep the balls alive would be a plus. That center target and those posts near the Black Knight are deadly; have to nudge very quickly to save some of those STDM shots that rocket back toward the center. Steve's taunting callouts don't help either LOL

#5535 15 days ago

Updated the game from original code to the latest code and it’s like a completely different game, wow. The alternative soundtrack is so nice as the original metal track was like nails on a chalkboard. Retro mode blew my socks off, it took me right back to my teens. This game is incredible!

#5537 12 days ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

I installed those gold pop bumper caps, and it wasn't a very difficult thing to remove the upper playfield. In fact there a good youtube video on how to do it. Only shame is it's hard to see those caps, because they are cool.

OK, I’ll look for that YouTube video. It sure looks daunting, but will be worth the effort as they look sweet. Will also clean things up while the upper playfield is off. Thanks

#5538 11 days ago

I installed my topper today and have a few questions. First, is there a way to center the knight? He looks slightly to the left, even when centered in the game test or during play. Second, is there a recommended source for larger high quality ostrich feathers as the one that came with this topper is kind of puny. Otherwise, this thing is amazing, it adds so much to the game!

IMG_1923 (resized).jpegIMG_1923 (resized).jpegIMG_1925 (resized).jpegIMG_1925 (resized).jpegIMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1932 (resized).jpegIMG_1932 (resized).jpegIMG_1934 (resized).jpegIMG_1934 (resized).jpegIMG_1935 (resized).jpegIMG_1935 (resized).jpeg

#5540 10 days ago

Anyone know who makes large high-quality black Ostrich feathers for BK knight helmets? I'm looking for a feather like this guy installed, but not sure which feather this is or where he sourced it. I was looking at this site, but don't know how straight the feathers are or if they're good quality:

https://www.moonlightfeather.com/small-packs/ostrich-sp/10-pieces-19-24-black-ostrich-dyed-drabs-body-feathers/

Pinside_forum_5630650_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5630650_0 (resized).jpg
#5543 10 days ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

This was 4 years ago from Moonlightfeather. Ordering bundles provided an ability to find one better than the rest. I suspected the 'perfect' feathers are used in their personal projects while 'OK' feathers are sold through their site. Many of the feathers were heavily trimmed; likely removing damaged areas. I suggest doubling the feathers and using electrical connectors to mount them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for replying! I saw your post with the red and black feather and used the electrical connector trick myself on the Stern feather. Worked like a charm!

I'll do some searching around for nice large black plume or drab feathers that would look good on the Black Knight helmet. I learned more about Ostrich feathers than I ever wanted to know with this topper LOL. Will post pictures here once I get a nice large fluffy feather installed.

https://blog.americanduchess.com/2012/10/v277-working-with-ostrich-feathers.html

#5579 6 days ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

I don’t have a solution, but I understand.
Mine also has a slight off centre position and I attribute that to when it was packed it the shipping box. Seems like the head needed to be turned slightly to get the protective packaging around it.
It’s worked properly from the get go, so my willingness to tinker and screw things up went away.

Good to know, thanks. I'm inclined to just force his head to center with the game powered off, but slightly concerned that will damage something.

If anyone has a definitive answer on how to properly adjust the knight head to center, please share the procedure. Obviously, the topper wasn't placed in the shipping box that way, it must have been knocked out of alignment during transit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=darkryder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.