36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 406 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bk pos 2 (resized).jpg
bk pops (resized).jpg
20191211_202019 (resized).jpg
Bkmeme (resized).jpg
BK+BKSOR (resized).JPG
atlantis (resized).jpg
IMG_7376 (resized).jpg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpg
BKAlbum_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
ee41df12ae70c269e3402f6784481c38085d070c (resized).jpg
PB060052 (resized).JPG
PB060048 (resized).JPG
20191124_155756 (resized).jpg
20191124_125417 (resized).jpg
15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg
20191116_010056 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 7 months ago

I was going to check out the mech, send like there should be an adjustment one way or another but I couldn't find a manual on stern's site (I am on mobile though so could be something wonky). Maybe just some screws that hold it to the bottom of the playfield need to be tightened or something?

#119 7 months ago

Rgb matching the insert? You'll sell 1000 of these.

1 week later
#148 7 months ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

My first new pin. Loving it so far. Noticing a few things and wondering if I am the only one.
When the ball goes through the R in the W A R lanes up top, if it does not have significant speed, it stops at the bottom of the slot cut in the playfield. A slight nudge will dislodge it. Not a huge issue, but it does stop the flow of the game.
When the ball comes down off the right orbit, about 75% of the time it falls into the right slingshot instead of the right flipper.
Anyone else have the same issue?
The knight toy is awesome, but I think it is the call outs and taunts that really make this game great. So glad I have it in the game room where this is the only game playing. I think you will miss a huge part of the game with the sounds being drowned out on location.

What does your leveling bubble look like?

#150 7 months ago

Well played.

#189 7 months ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Put a playfield protector on today. Very easy.
Remove: Flips, slingshot plastics, wireform, backboard (yes, the whole backboard). This will allow you to bend the pf protector into place. No hangup issues on this one.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa. I def. Didn't remove the backbox but I did remove the entire ramp, the lower part of which was a PITA.

#191 7 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Playfield protectors SUCK

Pinside shitposters suck.

#195 7 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Unless you're putting your pin on location and that location gets a ton of traffic and the pin a ton of plays, playfield protectors are a waste of time IMO.

Mine is on location. They're only a waste of time if you don't care about playfield wear or resale value. Rolling metal ball is going to win eventually, it's just a question of how long it will take. If you want to debate it please find one if the PF protector threads and keep this one on BKSoR.

#199 7 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I'm afraid this is a bogus newb fallacy. I have sold tons of well-kept pins over the years and never once had to discount for lack of playfield protector.

You are bad at logic.

#231 7 months ago

Got just over 150mil today. Almost 3x my previous high. My first time in classic mode, what a blast!

#246 6 months ago

There is a rule sheet in progress at tilt forums. You get knight letters for different accomplishments, such as getting to a certain number of shots in a mode, collecting super jackpots, war hurryups, etc.

#266 6 months ago

Damn dude that sucks. I hope stern gets you back up and running in short order.

#273 6 months ago

How many of your 80 games were on the pro vs premium / le?

#275 6 months ago

You may consider it worth mentioning, while you declare the prem/LE to be the best version of the game, that you've never even played a pro.

#278 6 months ago

Knight mode is awesome! Took me many games before I got there.

#282 6 months ago

Retro (spelling knight). Haven't gotten to castle yet!

#302 6 months ago

Full set protectors:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/Vht9yuFZo06d7XYKcRU2Sg

While they are spendy, I might hold out for a colored set. They look really good on my IMDN.

#333 6 months ago

Like 6 inches up from where it's sitting maybe?

#336 6 months ago

What's your raw material & source? Looks great. Did you have to flame polish the edges or anything or does it cut clean?

#349 6 months ago

Total break out game here. Still didn't get to the black castle! Drained right after qualifying. GC at our location was 252 mil and I didn't think it'd ever get beaten, nevermind by a scrub like me.

This game has a crazy "just one more game" factor.

20190527_174956.jpg
#395 6 months ago

I feel like I hit the blue lit sword shot and nothing happens to show me I'm in an advanced scoring mode or anything. Is it off during multiball or certain times or something? What's going on here? So far I havent seen a reason to aim for the right side drop targets.

#397 6 months ago

Where is the 2x multiplier shown?

The other thing I dont have a handle on is the orbit inserts. I know the gates are open when they are lit red but I dont know what controls it.

#473 6 months ago

Those are pretty dope. Animated ones on the way?

#497 6 months ago

Those balls reserved for future expansion. Probably.

Maybe balls 5 and 6 will turn out to be our "are you a god?" Lol

#508 6 months ago

I called stern and they sent me one for free. They said they stopped including them with munsters.

1 week later
#567 5 months ago

Modes are worth a lot of points but it seems like you can get a lot more with supers at the current code.

#576 5 months ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

What is your favorite mode?

Hydra, the biggest lizard he could find. (Bog?)

It's a simple mode but it's really fun. I've had 3 different occasions where I sealed 4 heads and sliced the right orbit only to run out of time. One of those times I extended on the left standups like 6 times before running out, it's maddening and has become my white whale. Usually I drain way before then, though.

#588 5 months ago

You can adjust that switch to a hair trigger to decrease the reduction in momentum if that's hanging it up at all. You may have a small amount of olay in the posts and can loosed the screws and justify the posts outward if the lane is too narrow.

#620 5 months ago

I have a pro but I will say I was surprised how quickly the stock pinballs started to look dinged up. Take a look at yours and see if they need changed out.

That said the vivak or whatever is likely less durable than the lexan.

1 week later
#701 5 months ago

You know GD well I've never seen it!

#725 5 months ago

That's pretty dope. I like the leather.

My pro came with a blue post, it was from early in production. Black would have been cool.

1 week later
#759 4 months ago

I wish they would give us peasant pro owners a code update.

1 week later
#816 4 months ago

Lack of code updates is not encouraging for a pro owner. Hopefully they're working on some good stuff and this game hasn't fallen to the wayside.

#828 4 months ago

Lots of good stuff in the pro update! Yay! Looking forward to seeing how the modes and war hurryup values change the game.

It says multiball stops super timer, I assume that is to say supers are not eligible in multiball? Or is it a super free for all in multiball?

#867 4 months ago

For the pro the easier modes are going to be a big help for enjoyability, especially on location I believe.

#905 4 months ago

Re: spinner not settling. Make sure the spinner arms are square as well as the bracket and that nothing is binding. I put a little bit of graphite lube on a q-tip and applied sparingly to the two arms as well as the flat of the switch lever where it contacts the activating arm and my spinners are super juicy.

#911 4 months ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

You know what we need...... adult mode callouts. Make it so, Tim and Steve. Instantly makes it a cult classic

Bahaha this is a much better idea than mean knight mode.

Rage over the knight getting progressively less confident is a pretty bold take. Just get pinball browser and copypasta the mean sound files you want over the other ones.

1 week later
#1024 4 months ago

The lightning flippers actually shot really well. I played it once and got over 60m which I felt like was pretty good. Not sure why they felt they needed to make the game even more of a bastard though!

1 week later
#1051 4 months ago

Update now. Changes the game for the better.

2 weeks later
#1130 3 months ago

I had some funky issues with insert lights a little bit ago but didnt have a chance to troubleshoot. Is there anything with this system like loose connectors or anything? For example extra ball was lit when it shouldn't be, and the "lock" and "light lock" inserts were both lit (they should be mutually exclusive). The hell hand inserts were also blue instead of purple. Weird stuff.

2 weeks later
#1202 89 days ago

Did you physically inspect the EOS to make sure it didnt break off or anything?

3 weeks later
#1320 67 days ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I was about to bolt my BKSOR to the floor when they activated these call outs in the code release.
If indeed he blesses the wussy Black Knight as the knight's permanent and only persona, then it's quite clear that Steve Ritchie has irrevocably gone full-George Lucas and created his pinball version of Greedo shoots first. Very sad. Because we all know that's just a gateway to him creating his pinball version of Jar Jar.

*Eyeroll*

#1323 67 days ago

You all are so dramatic. If it's so offensive to you just use pinball browser and dupe / change / delete the callouts you don't like.

It can't just be "I don't like the callouts" it has to be Steve Ritchie ruined my childhood and has IRREVOCABLY used humor in a way that makes my eyes rain because the black knight belongs to all of us and when he used to say give me your money it was funny scary not funny haha.

How dare he alter the rich and deep canon of the world of the black knight.

#1328 66 days ago

Your logic is bad.

1 week later
#1384 55 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not really a topper guy but Damn.

Same. This is the first one that's tempting.

#1433 52 days ago

Probs line up with the topper release

#1462 49 days ago

That could be pretty dope

2 weeks later
#1509 33 days ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just rebuilt my flippers yesterday as they had the dreaded coil stop disintegration issue.
I was hoping it would help with the weak right flipper, but it didn't.
Can't make the center ramp on my premium after a long game.
What are people doing about this issue?

Are you positive it has the correct amount of up/down play?

#1530 30 days ago

So who tries to light the outlane save vs. Trying to hit the black knight mode qualifying targets during ball save?

2 weeks later
#1630 15 days ago

Has anybody gotten an ETA on topper production / shipping?

#1639 14 days ago

My prediction:

This game needs a 2nd set of monsters and more mode content, but we will get topper integration and a few tweaks and fixes.

#1642 14 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

Games with good momentum/sales get regular updates, games like munsters, wrestling, even aerosmith and guardians, code takes a lot longer to flesh out for weak selling games. just one guys observation

This is the basis for my hypothesis.

#1644 14 days ago

How do they not have an animation for the hydra showing which heads you have cut off?! No brainer!

#1701 10 days ago

That's not how much it is, that's the star wars topper. BKSoR is $430ish.

#1734 5 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Sterns asleep at the wheel with this one, topper and code.

You mean just not shipping the topper yet? Cuz it looks like the best topper in modern pinball.

As far as code I'll say two things. I don't know if he's in charge as far as these things but Tim hasn't released incremental code updates with this game in the way it happens with most stern titles. We've gotten what, 3 big-ish code updates? 4? Most titles get semi-weekly updates the first few months they're out. So maybe he's saving up for a big one.

Point two: less popular games get less attention. There's plenty of options for animation updates, additions, and code expansions but with the way people just don't seem to be digging this game as much as myself and many of you I am a bit pessimistic as to how much more they're going to put into it. I hope I'm wrong and there's going to be a lot in there along with the topper update. As somebody that loves the classics I think this game is an A-1 top titties marriage of classic brutality and modern smoothness but the rest of the pinball community ignores it and is enamored with generic dinosaurs I just can't seem to get into for some reason.

I really want to love JP3 but it just doesn't click. At all. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills the way people are throwing praise at it.

#1766 1 day ago

Damn 16 new posts I thought we had a code update or topper info

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cypress, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7,499.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chalkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside