418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2907 3 years ago

I have not bought Black Knight yet and plan on to in the near future. I have a chance to get a topper now. Will Stern continue to make the topper for the rest of the year? Or what is made and sold is it? I don’t want to miss the chance to own one.

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I'd say if you find a BKSOR topper, get it - even if you don't have the game yet.
Too many ifs on its future. Best topper of all time and really enhances the game experience.

Thanks for your advice. I went ahead and ordered it. Your right too many ifs and it’s probably one of the best toppers ever in my opinion. At the worst I will be able to sell it.

#2913 3 years ago

Played the premium tonight and I think I decided I will go with the premium over the pro. The upper playfield grew on me after a few plays. The pro definitely plays faster but I like how the upper playfield looks and brings the game together for me.

I think if I got the pro I would regret it. Made the catapult shot a few times but couldn’t get multi ball going. It gave me the one more game feeling. Monster Bash SE arrives tomorrow and black Knight topper ordered today.

2 weeks later
#2975 3 years ago

My premium arrived on Tuesday and I absolutely love it! Topper, shaker, new code, and Powerbladez installed today. My first NIB Stern that followed Monster Bash Remake SE that I bought 3 weeks ago. No regrets at all with either machine. Eying possibly JP premium next. Not sure. Wish I could find MMr. Late to pinball collecting. Started a year ago . Nine pins in the collection now.

160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).png75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).pngAA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpegAA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpegCA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpegCA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is the whole mod.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43
I do recommend putting it in. Before the mod, I didn't like the fact that everyone banged the machine to bounce the ball off that rubber rather than letting it drain from the upper playfield. Now the ball bounces up naturally helping weaker players but making the bounce a little less controllable for the people who were previously banging the game.

What does the mod do and where do you put it? Bought my first NIB Stern and it’s a BKSOR premium and I love it. Over 400 plays and bought it in September 2020. Also since I updated the code I sometimes have 2 balls get ejected at new turn in the game.

Bought the topper before I bought the pin lol. Had to have it especially at retail price. Sorry for the noob question. Thinking about TMTN pro next.

#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And if you boughtvnew your distributor should have a free one for ya

Ok cool I will contact him. Appreciate your help!

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put it on tonight, bout 5 minutes is all. Makes huge difference in gettin ball to flipper

Awesome thank you so much!

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you don't have it, I put a small playfield rubber around 2nd post then put big rubber back over it. Same result as the plastic post mod. New piece looks better tho so I did it

ok good to know. Is this something Stern is providing for those who bought from a distributor or do we have to buy on our own?

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Both. I found it easier just to add it to a Pinball Life order. Its only $3.

I have nothing else to order at the moment but still working on getting a Gorgar up and running after I finished restoring it. Sucks PL shipping is so high now for even the cheapest part.

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put a small band on the 2nd post. Works as well

Good idea

3 weeks later
#3216 3 years ago

New problem today. The catapult is not locking balls when one goes in and releases it. Also when I hit the catapult and the ball stays it doesn’t recognize that the ball is in there and does a ball search and the ball is released.

And sometimes it kicks out two balls when a game starts or on the 2nd or 3rd ball. I am running the new code. Did upper Playfield ball lock test and nothing registered with balls in. Bad opto board already? I got it in September new.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Check the opto board for loose connector or wire. If that checks good likely a bad opti board. Also if you can check and see if you have voltage going to the board.

Thank you so much. Will check ASAP.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Second this. Also everyone NEEDS to locktite those tiny screws all in and on the catapult, including the opto-board. The screws holding the catapult plastics came loose on week 1 of mine, and around week 3, I found a TINY black mystery screw popping around the playfield. Took me forever to find that it was one of the four opto board screws.
Granted, I have a shaker in mine, but I've had WAY too many screws come loose in this game. For reference, I've had a shaker in AC/DC since day one, two years before I got BKSOR, and exactly 0 things have come loose.

I also found a little black screw and luckily it was by the plastic playfield piece it came from and I didn’t have to see where it came from. Came loose after 1 week pre shaker.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Check the opto board for loose connector or wire. If that checks good likely a bad opti board. Also if you can check and see if you have voltage going to the board.

Loose opto board connector. Pulled plastic off to check front opto first and was fine of course and ended up losing small black screw. Rear one was loose and of course didn’t need to remove anything to check it

1 week later
#3319 3 years ago

BKSOR premium is my first NIB Stern purchase and I love it especially with the topper. Bought in September and have well over 400 plays. Looking to either get EHOH or AFMr SE as my next NIB. I have MBr SE and love it also. Going to play EHOH and AFM tomorrow with my daughters and see which one we like better.

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

EHOH is awesome if you like horrifying, bone melting, brain eating, ghouls ghouls ghouls, headless zombie, b-movie MADNESS!
The trailer at the end in the new code is making me smile each time.
AFMSE solid martians machine.

The wife and kids love old b movies and Elvira. Definitely not an easy choice because we love b movie alien movies also. For my wife Elvira and AFM are tied.

3 weeks later
#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Topper on [quoted image]

Congrats! Best topper imo. I bought the topper before I bought the game. Would love to get an LE backglass to put in my premium

1 week later
#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just joined the club yesterday with a premium complete with topper and a bunch of mods like powder coating, art blades, pops upgrades, shaker and invisiglass coming. I know its early and honeymoon period but Im really enjoying this game. I had never played it before but have seen a bunch of streams and always wanted it. Initally wanted a pro but I actually really like the upper playfield. The music, animations and style are just awesome. I have a bunch of complicated games in my collection and this seems like a nice straight forward throwback. Anyways joining the club now and love it so far.

Congrats!BK premium was my first Stern NIB. Monster Bash remake special edition was first NIB purchase. Now bought a demo Stranger Things pro and love it. I still love BK and play it everyday. I don’t understand all the hate it gets and With the topper it’s even better. Art work is top notch in my opinion. Was looking forward to Led Zeppelin but was letdown. Now waiting for my Elvira deposit to come through and for Godzilla to be revealed.

#3497 3 years ago

Still enjoying my BKSOR. I removed the white LEDs in the back when I got it. Prefer it without. Reduced the glare off of the upper playfield.

0BF0DE04-FB3F-46BF-A7CD-17F86C77AC6B (resized).jpeg0BF0DE04-FB3F-46BF-A7CD-17F86C77AC6B (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#3542 3 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

I need some honest feedback. I am thinking about added a BKSOR premium to my line up, but I'm not 100% sure. I can't play one with the lockdowns in my area, but if I do decide to purchase it, my local distributor will allow for a curbside pick up. I've never purchased a pin without playing it several times first. The wife and I watched Jack play the pin on his Deadflip youtube channel and it looks fast, cool and really engaging, my wife referred to it as a supercharged MM and she thinks it is amazing.
I have a couple of Steve Ritchie titles in my collection (SM and GOT) and I like the flow and speed of his designs, I'm just not sure and need some help to make this decision a little easier. Whenever I add a pin to my line up I typically want to keep it for a long while, I need something that I won't get bored of easily.
Any feedback and info would be great.

Bought my first Stern NIB in September last year and it was a premium BKSOR. First NIB was Monster Bash SE remake in August 2020. Played a pro first and loved the speed, and music. Then was able to play a premium BK and the upper playfield was a must have for me.

I would have felt the game would be incomplete without it. It’s a fast game and the upper playfield is a nice little break. I still love hitting the catapult ball lock each time especially on the first launch and get the 2 million point skill shot.

I have had no issues other than the catapult opto plug getting loose. I got the upgraded upper playfield plastic piece to divert the ball for free from Pablo. You will not need to buy it.

I have no regrets buying it. Also look into Stranger Things. I bought a pro and with the code updates it’s and UV kit it’s an awesome and highly underrated game. That was my second Stern but not NIB. Got a demo with 1700 plays with full warranty $5399 shipped.

2 weeks later
#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Video to check out the alternate soundtrack:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SaUkXPAa3z6ogsEE7
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egVqrLHmdObIs_hFZv73lqySNQDXcW_e/view?usp=sharing
Nothing to lose by trying it out since you'll burn that image to a new SD card. Pop out your SD card, insert this one and you can swap back and forth. You won't lose settings or high score because they're saved on your original SD card.

Hopefully will download today. Have to pick up an SD card. Thanks for making it. Can’t wait to try it. Sounds freaking awesome.

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I have Stranger Things and Deadpool. Deadpool is my favorite game but I almost sold Stranger Things last month to buy a BKSOR premium off of someone. I took too long to decide and they sold it. I think BKSOR and Stranger Things are awesome games. BKSOR is my next game in line.

I own BKSOR premium and ST pro and both are great pins and I wouldn’t sell one to get the other. ST is definitely a very underrated pin.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Walmart brand Onn cards are cheap and work fine.

Just ordered one today. Bought one for Clelands ST mod. Works great and can’t beat the price for $6.12 total. Thanks!

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Video to check out the alternate soundtrack:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SaUkXPAa3z6ogsEE7
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egVqrLHmdObIs_hFZv73lqySNQDXcW_e/view?usp=sharing
Nothing to lose by trying it out since you'll burn that image to a new SD card. Pop out your SD card, insert this one and you can swap back and forth. You won't lose settings or high score because they're saved on your original SD card.

.All I can say is that I thought the original soundtrack was amazing. This Rammstein soundtrack kicks a$$!! I can’t thank you enough. I need to learn how to use pinball browser. My kids love it! My wife will try it later.

You guys need this alternate soundtrack with Rammstein. It’s amazing!

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Thanks! I immediately thought that Rammstein could make a great match for Black Knight - the combination of metal and electronic matched the vibe of the game.
Interesting note, this is not exactly Rammstein themselves. This is a group that covers Rammstein (and other groups) with instrumental covers. That was the key for this effort working for me. I only wanted the music and didn't want to try and edit around their lyrics.

Cover or not it definitely rocks!!!what do you have your music and speech settings at on your BK?

#3594 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Could download my link up above and write the image to an SD card and pop it in. Updated code and the kickass alternate soundtrack I made available in the settings.

Still loving the Rammstein mod!!! You guys need to download it and install it.

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I have my speech at 0 and music at -16.
I agree this new soundtrack is great!
Thanks,
Mark

Awesome! Thanks Mark! I put my speech at 5. Will try at 0. Soundtrack is great for sure.

#3606 3 years ago

Got to classic black knight multiball for the first time and boy was that a blast! Love how the original backglass came up on the LCD.

With the custom Rammstein soundtrack this pin will never leave. I am an average player so still haven’t come close to beating the game. I still am having fun and enjoying the hell out of this game.

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

How big of an SD card is needed?

Get a 16gb. The file is just under 8 gigs and an 8 gig card doesn’t have a full 8 gig usable. Get a 16gb walmart for under $6. I used it for my STh and BKSOR.
00B43A99-4035-4DE1-B56A-51887FF8E320 (resized).png00B43A99-4035-4DE1-B56A-51887FF8E320 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thought I'd share some work I've been up to on my BK.
Added a custom translite and acquired a nice metal apron from Robert at Hooked on (gloss black with gold fleck) and added some custom backlit apron translites there at the corners. Also got some BK Powerblades installed. I think its looking good and the game is feeling even more epic!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the translite? Looks awesome

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looks great!
Download link for alternate Rammstein soundrtack:
This is an SD image file, so it cannot just be copied to an SD card. After extracting the zip, you need to write the image to the SD card. You can download Win32 Imager below or use Pinball Browser to write the image.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
The image file extension is RAW, so when using Win32 Imager, change the setting so it is looking at all file types to open so it see the image file. Choose the drive letter of your SD card and write the image.

Have the Ramnstein alternate soundtrack and it rocks!!

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pro might be faster but the premium/le is the superior game, there now youve been corrected....

I approve of your correction. Initially was going to get a pro and then played a premium. Bought a premium. Last week played the pro again on location and definitely still happy with my decision. The upper playfield and catapult lock takes the game to a new level for me. Still love it and haven’t even come close to beating it. Wont leave my collection anytime soon.

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Heh, yeah but the JP movie video alters the game itself and now it doesn't follow the narrative of the game.
BK has a built-in alternate soundtrack, so I made it an alternate-alternate soundtrack. Nothing in the game is changed, just the music.

The alternate alternate ramnstein soundtrack is still freaking unbelievably awesome! Took the game to a higher level for me. One of my favorite mods!

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

I joined the club last night! I debated between pro and pre for awhile and read comments for the pros/cons for each model. In the end I decided on a premium for Catapult MB.

Congrats! You made the right choice. Download the Ramnstein alternate soundtrack you wont be disappointed. Did you buy NIB?

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

I did go NIB. Hard to find a used machine right now and with NIB supply dwindling my wife said go for it!
I love the Scott Ian soundtrack, but I'll have to give the Rammstein soundtrack a try at some point.

That’s cool you found one. Glad your wife gave you the green light to get it. Get the sound track, it’s better than Ian’s IMO.

Quoted from PoMC:

The great thing is you don't lose the original Scott Ian soundtrack. I replaced Stern's alternate soundtrack available in the settings with instrumental Rammstein. Can switch back and forth by changing a setting.

Sterns alternate soundtrack to me is terrible and I haven’t switched back to Ian’s soundtrack, which is far from terrible. But Rammstein alternate soundtrack rocks.

#3789 3 years ago

Need help guys. Today whenever I hit the catapult it recognizes it and says catapult ball X locked and then kicks it out. I didn’t change anything and can’t find anywhere on the settings for a virtual ball lock yes or no.

I thought I saw it in earlier code and I have looked 3 times in settings. I am running the Ramnstein alternate soundtrack and had no issues prior to today. Still launches all three balls when third ball hits catapult but prefer all three coming out from the catapult.

Appreciate any help.

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Take the plastic cover off and look at all the optos. Those tiny opto screws are some of the worst and loosening and flying out which will cause an opto to dangle. While you’re interested there even if they are ok, put some blue loc tite on them.

Will look thank you! I had to reconnect the front opto a few months ago. It wouldn’t recognize a ball.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Take the plastic cover off and look at all the optos. Those tiny opto screws are some of the worst and loosening and flying out which will cause an opto to dangle. While you’re interested there even if they are ok, put some blue loc tite on them.

Found the issue! The connector to the rear opto was loose. Thank you so much for your help!

3 weeks later
#3833 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Speaking of changing the soundtrack - I'm sitting here with Pinball Browser open to BKSOR 1.0.2 code, and a huge library of Monty Python and the Holy Grail .WAVs. Now I just need time to assemble it, but there's so many great sound clips that would work for a BKSOR MP code mod

I have the Ramnstein sound mod and it rocks! But I am definitely intrigued by adding Monty Python to the mix.

#3850 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I enjoy the pro more than the premium.

I enjoy the premium more than the pro. At least we are both happy.

1 week later
#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my Pro today! Some loose and missing screws, and the ball was jumping out of the wireform due to a too-long screw thread sticking up, but we got that all taken care of and having fun now. That's my buddy, not me in the photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! Awesome pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.