IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bagdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#628 4 years ago

Is it normal that my flail look a bit rough? I thought it would look polished like a pinball, but it actually look a bit like rough material?

P1030827 (resized).JPGP1030827 (resized).JPG
#636 4 years ago

Quick question: Should I install the playfield "mylar" that was included in the box if my pin is for HUO?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, the wrong text on page 8 in the Black Knight LE owner's manual

Haha, yeah I notice the same yesterday.

1 week later
#703 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Definitely white.

How does it look overall? Do you have complete playfield picture?

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Maybe clear (lexan,polycarb,etc) washers to protect the slings? Work great and look much better - hardly noticeable.

I would also like to see what the game look like with something else than black rubbers. ...Maybe couple of pink GI in the back too ...

2 weeks later
#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Joined the club this past weekend. Love this game! Just put in the Stern art blades tonight and I think they look awesome and really help fill in the vertical space on the pro. Love them!

Looks great.

I'm really hesitating between art blades or mirror blades. I have a Premium tho. I wonder if the second PF and other stuff on the Prem will hide too much of the art. Plus, I really like the "lighting reflection effect" that the mirror blades create…

Any thoughts?

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I just installed mine, coming down the bottom it throws it right to the flipper, definately keeps the ball up there longer.

How does the nylon nut's installed under the new post? Is it just sitting on the second PF? Can you show a picture?

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:It doesnt hit the upper pf, it just hangs down forcing the rubber out a bit. Im about to try to fix the ironing board plastic so i will grab a pic of the physical game enhancement

Thanks for the clarification, and pictures. Where did you get the replacement part? Stern directly or Distributor?

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Premium Catapult Update[quoted image]

What's the update? Pink lights?

1 week later
#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

Where is that from?

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We are doing a soft launch for our flipper toppers. We will list them here in our pinside shop today. The web site will have them by Sunday night. Kits come with the black flipper cover and our metal cast swords. Black mask overly install is optional but it really makes the swords pop.

How do they attach to the flipper?

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

5) If a ball is stuck behind the upper right flipper on the white plastic “ironing board” shaped plastic, you are missing the metal washer in the “flipper stack” consisting of a 2” long clear small diameter spacer, a fat white nylon spacer, a metal washer between the fat spacer and the ironing board from bottom to top. Some games got out without the metal washer. Use a metal washer (with a ¼” inner diameter, and just about any outer diameter under ¾”) and insert into the stack on the flipper shaft between the fat nylon spacer and the ironing board. Here’s how to do it:
* You do not have to remove the plastic upper playfield.*

I hope someone post a video of this. It would be less intimidating than reading that wall of text

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

“Crawl home to your mamma, maggot!”

Haha, yeah what do you want, I'm a visual.

1 week later
#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I changed all of the GI bulbs to warm white, because I thought the red really hid a lot of the art, and the cool white didn't look "Black Knighty" enough.

Can you post a picture of the "whole" playfield?

#1109 4 years ago

Anyone changed their rings for Titans or SuperBands? How does it play?

I've seen a complete kit of red superbands on marco. Curious to see what it would look like with all reds.

Also curious to see how it looks with other colors.

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I went with orange Titans on mine.

They are more bouncy than the black.

Interesting, do you have a picture without the lighting?

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

On first glance, these also look pretty "thick" to me ("wide" is part of that look, but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that's making me say "thick" for some reason.)

Same here.

If you look at DeadPool or Munster side armors, the shapes are way better imo. These ones feel like they hide way too much of the art.

Katana_Armor_REVComp_072418_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgKatana_Armor_REVComp_072418_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgMunsters.Pro.Armor_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgMunsters.Pro.Armor_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

- something with the MagnaSave yellow and red ringed circle with the blue/white lightning (could ring the flipper buttons on both sides)

I thought about that idea too.

They could also cut into the black area around the sword "a la Deadpool", but I'm not sure that the shape would be nice.

#1121 4 years ago

Found this on YouTube. (Video of upper playfield removal)

Might interest some.

#1129 4 years ago

Installed Stern Art Blades in my Premium this morning, using the wet method.

Left side went like a charm, but I managed to make a freaking 7cm fold line on the right side while lifting the playfield during installation.

"Luckily", the fold is totally hidden behind the ramp, making it impossible to see when the playfield is down. When the playfield is lifted tho that's another story, it looks pretty bad.

I'm hesitating on ordering a new pair and replace the blade on the right side, or just accept that there is an ugly monster hidden under the playfield and carry on with my life.

P1040002 (resized).JPGP1040002 (resized).JPGP1040003 (resized).JPGP1040003 (resized).JPGP1040006 (resized).JPGP1040006 (resized).JPG
#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from CodeMonkey:

Any idea where this plastic goes ?
I found it loose under the mid-playfield ball launch chute exit.
Also why does the manual not include the plastic parts location map ?

Right Under the ramp.

P1040010 (resized).JPGP1040010 (resized).JPG
#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I had the exact same issue over the weekend. The game continued to play fine, but inserts were not matching the gameplay. I noticed it once or twice a week ago, but brushed it off as a code bug. On the weekend however it was present across multiple games in a row. I also had times where the WAR inserts wouldn't light.
I went through checking connectors in the headbox and under the playfield. Checking everything was seated and also reseating the ethernet connectors.
Nothing looked out of place, but I haven't seen the problem since. I may still have an issue there, so will be keeping an eye on it.

Haven't noticed anything related to inserts but something that happent to me a couple of time was the addition of player 2 while I was playing. (At least 3 times since last code update)

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Same method I used/ water/soap. If you can't see the fold I would leave it.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about that. I was thinking of maybe ordering a new pair, just for the tranquility of mind, and keep them as spare. If at some point my installed blades get scratched or anything, I'll replaced the folded one.

1 week later
#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Will they still ship it? Did everyone here install it or did most leave it off?
What's everyone's speech vs music settings at?

I had to order the post kit directly from Stern.

Speech +4 Music -4

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

- mods on the way: shaker, FF speaker kit, speaker lights, gray and orange titan flipper rubbers, orange start button, orange flipper buttons, orange plastic protectors, “wood” flipper-top decals, the lockdown bar graphic (makes me appreciate my AC⚡️DC metal lockdown bar accent)

Please post some pics once your Titans are installed. I want to change mine, but unsure what color to choose.

#1206 4 years ago

I'd love to see some more minions and monsters.

You know I was thinking about that too, but I had little hope due to the amount of work involved.

Then I had this idea: They could use the good old videogames/boardgames tricks of having variations of the same monster using a different color. You know when they have a green goblin (easy), blue goblin (medium), red goblin (hard) etc. They could re-use the same animations & models, but re-render the video using a different shading/color for the monster. They could have a "master" hell hand (Green), or a "master" Lava Beast with Cyan Lava, etc. They could have matching inserts color that pulse and you have to shoot only when it's lighted. I think it could be nice to add "levels" for monsters using those kind of tricks.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here that I recall, so I'll just ask (and ask advance forgiveness if I missed it): does everyone's Knight raise and lower his shield three times at the new game start .

Mine does that. I never noticed it before latest code update tho. I thought it was only when you first boot the machine and start a game. But yeah, pretty sure it's intentional so the knight look intimidating.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Another quality control thing for people to check.
Kept looking through the rule guide for why the black knight target only counted one out of every two or three hits, but couldn’t find anything.
Finally looked up close and sure enough, the target was mounted so that the right side was jammed into the post rubber just to the right of it. So the target could only physically register if you happened to hit it hard and way on the left side.
Corrected the target and much better now! It actually counts when I hit it.

I didn't had that issue with the Black Knight target, but I noticed the upper playfield Light Locks Target was touching the rubber post. I moved it to the center using the 2 screws on the light locks plastic but it seems after a couple of games, it's starting to lean back toward the rubber post. Still, it's not touching yet. I noticed some screws holding the whole thing located Under the upper PF. It might be worth investigating, maybe they aren't tight enough.

P1040022 (resized).JPGP1040022 (resized).JPG
#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, everyone check your BKSORs carefully.
No chipping here, but my BKSOR LE has some of the pooling of clear around the posts. Shows up as a ripple around the posts. Not bad compared to the Wonka and JJPPOTC games as I've seen and it is only on a handful of post and not on others. I have contacted my distributor and sent a bunch of detailed pictures. Basically the clear has not fully cured. It is soft. I went ahead and put clear washers underneath the two worst of the posts.

I noticed that my game has some "lifting" Under the war lane posts.

What's the best way to fix this? What were the clear washers that was used?

I spotted theses, would that be usefull?

https://www.pinballlife.com/narrow-post-playfield-protector.html

P1040025 (resized).JPGP1040025 (resized).JPG
#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from SmasheyBashe:

I've seen it mentioned before that people are getting pretty short life out of their balls on this game, specifically the factory balls from stern, as people say they are generally lower quality than what people are replacing with. Mine are looking a bit dinged up so I ordered some shiny new balls for all my machines from ball baron. Side note - this was my first time buying from ball baron and the entire transaction was great. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for balls.

Yeah, I changed mine too for Ball Baron, just remember to order the Carbon Steel balls because of the magnet.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which model and date build?
Neil.

I have one center post with "bubbling", and one war lane post with "lifting".
[Premium April 2019 Canada]

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Orange plastics

Are they the one from PBlife? I want to order them too, but the shipping is Killing me. (37usd to Canada....Seriously)

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Does anyone know how to order or the part numbers for the upper playfield enhancement for the ball to bounce to the upper flipper like in sterns last video?

Had to deal with Stern Tech Support directly, my distributor did not had the parts.

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The lifting (which is barely even visible) I have around some of the posts to me anyway is not a concern and falls well within the boundary of what I expect. My distro explained Stern doesn't consider it grounds for replacement.. and I agree. I was told if it ever cracks or breaks etc then its a new populated pf....

Yeah, I don't really care for the bubbling/lifting too, since it's barely visible. But if it chips over time, I'm gonna be really offended.

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would love to see a second monster for each realm. I am guessing (and just a guess) that was planned, at least in the beginning. Otherwise it doesn't make sense that they labeled the inserts with the realm name instead of the monsters name. That said, I realize that is a huge undertaking and am not holding my breath. Sure would be cool though since the character designs in this game are freaking awesome...I'd love to see more.

I think they could just add a "level 2" of the same monster. Changing his color and a bit his appearance and then re-render the animation.

Quoted from Jesder:

Bugs
--------------
- Extra Ball lit / Extra Ball awarded play out of sequence. If you get the ball into the lock behind the shield before the extra ball is lit animation plays, it will play the extra ball awarded screen first. In this scenario it doesn't make sense to play the extra ball is lit animation at all, but at a minimum they should play in the correct order.
- On occasions the game will add a second player on a single press of either the start or lockdown bar buttons.

I've seen the second player bug a couples of times.

Also the extra ball award callout, and then extra ball is lit callout.

1 week later
#1361 4 years ago

I had one screw and one washer hanging around on the upper playfield. Never found where they are supposed to go. Any ideas?

#1391 4 years ago

Have you seen or heard anything on the side armors?

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I'd like to see a pic of it installed on all three models. But right now I'm not feeling it.

Same here, I think they are way too "large". But never know, I'd like to see installed picture too.

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

first post a picture of it

These, they were lying between the catapult and the curve metal rail.

P1040028 (resized).JPGP1040028 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#1540 4 years ago

Hooked was working on a bumper mod but I haven't seen update for a while.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p209/Black-Knight-BK-Sword-of-Rage-Pinball-Pop-Bumpers.html

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thank you for this informative post. So the super level is indicated by color?

If you want to go deep into the rules:

http://tiltforums.com/t/black-knight-sword-of-rage-rulesheet/5210

#1552 4 years ago

Yeah, I think it's worth installing too. It's not going to change a lot, it just help with a little bump.

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot?

I noticed mine was'nt going down in certain occasions and thought something was wrong. Then I noticed it's only in certain modes, like multiballs. So not sure if it's wanted or not.

1 week later
#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I just installed these flipper toppers and pop bumper toppers, That I ordered from Hooked on Pinball.[quoted image]

Anyone knows what type of LED is used for the pop bumpers? I ordered Hooked Bumper caps and wonder how would it look if I change the LEDs for Red or Amber.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Anyone know the rubber ring sizes on this game? Looking especially at the rings around the 'kill my shot drain posts' around the knight, shield, and other posts in that area. TIA!

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1587635/Stern-Pinball-Black-Knight-Sword-Of-Rage.html?page=36#manual

p.36

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

Question about installing this fix. How does the 5th post attach to the playfield? Do you have to drill a hole for it? Is it just held in place by the whole on the new plastic piece?

If you got the kit from Stern it should have a 5th hole. I've read that the kits from "other places" were missing the hole.

My distributor asked me for 200$ in advance, but didn't have the final price.

#1772 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Aww man I replaced my pop bumper skirts and bodies and now the pops don't work. The switch does not register in the switch test but the coil fires when in ball search. I did all the work with the game off and did have to cut and splice the LED wires together but they work fine. Ive even lifted the pf up with a game running to manually press the pop bumper switch but nuthin.!@# Anyone have a clue or tip?

Can't help you but maybe you can help me. Can you tell me what type of LED and Sockets are used in the bumpers?

#1777 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The pops have little LED boards so no bulb or socket.

That's what I feared. So there's no way to change that "meh" soft warm white...

#1790 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

There is! replace the pop body with transparent yellow (thats what I used) orange or red transparent pop bodies by zitt. Then I used tranparent red skirts too. I will post a pic tomorrow. Mine look sweet, they just dont work

It's more the Warm White LEDs that bother me, but I'm curious to see yours.

Quoted from John_I:

Just pull the board out and put another in. Or replace it with a socket.

So I could buy some Red colored boards? where?

2 weeks later
#1862 4 years ago

I'm trying to install something on that screw but it's all loose due to the screw hole being all stripped. I though I was due to a loose metal post under the PF but I saw there is no post, it's only screwed in a thin plastic piece, which was stripped.

What would be the best way to make that hold? LocTite? Is it safe for plastic? and removable if needed?

screw (resized).JPGscrew (resized).JPG
#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

And I’m yet to understand what the right hand side 3 bank drop targets do??? Anyone? Maybe I’m missing something..

It activate the Magna Save.
http://tiltforums.com/t/black-knight-sword-of-rage-rulesheet/5210

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Or install a longer original size screw and put a lock nut on it if there isn’t one holding it in replace already.

If I go for the lock nut, I need to see if there is enough space behind the 2 posts to install the nut. Those 2 posts have pooling around, hopping removing them will not cause chipping.

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Thanks for tracking those pics down, @tilted81.
As I feared, at least to my tastes, they don’t do it for me at all. I hate to say it, but it’s like they phoned this one in. All three cabinets already have swords on them - all pointing towards the player. Plus the side armor sword creates a visually strange angle with the cabinet swords as I see it.
Oh well. On the plus side, with money I’m saving on the side armor now, I’m only $179.01 away from the $429.00 I need for the topper - presuming they stick to this price initially floated to the distributors.

Yeah It's less bad than what I was expecting, but still, they only look "okay". Way too large imo. Hope someone else create some nice armor.

On another topic, I'd tried installing Hooked flipper swords without the decals under them, and after 1-2 shot of flipper, they all went out in outer space. Any idea how to make them stick correctly? Should I just install the decals to create a sticky surface? It seems my flippers are too slippery.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I had the same experience. No way am I putting them back even with better glue. I figure they might come off while someone else is playing my game and maybe get under the flipper or somehow do serious damage to the playfield. Just not worth it.

Did you had the decals installed? I've seen many pictures of people using them with decals and they look fine.

And yeah, I had the "brilliant" idea to use better glue to make them stick and same result. Went flying after 1-2 shots. Thing is, now I have glue residu on all my flippers and I need a way to hide that. Flipper decals? of give another shot to hook with decals?...

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Get some acetone, Goof-Off, Goo Gone, etc. It took me a while to recover from my similar attempt, but with a little patience you can remove that residue. Once the flippers are smooth again, try the tape solution I just posted.

I have tried goo gone after the incident, but not for very long. What did you rub the flipper with (cloth)?, any suggestion? I used super glue.

I'll definitly look for the tape. Thanks.

#1889 4 years ago

They have this tape in stock in a store nearby, I Wonder if that would be a nice equivalent. They say it hold up to 50kilo and it's 1.14mm tick: .08mm thicker than Trex tho.

https://www.lepage.ca/en/lepage-products/build-things/construction-adhesive/no-more-nails/no_more_nails_heavydutymountingtape.html

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, Bagdad!!![quoted image]

Looks like I'm going to hit the hardware store tomorow. Pretty much everything you mention is available.

Hope it doesn't affect the flippers power to push/rub them too much. Something I was wondering too, is the flipper on the upper PF any different from the other 2 longer shaft or anything?

Thanks for the help

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, Bagdad!!![quoted image]

I just finish the job, it worked well. I ended up using only Q-tips for the upper flipper. There is no trace of glue left.

I'll try mouting tape tomorow for the Swords. I ended up buying Gorilla Translucent & Gorilla Black. The stronger one was white and it turned me off. If it's not strong enough I'll order T-rex.

Thanks for the help Rudy.

**You can now resume "where's the code" debate.**

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

There IS still hope for the Premium/LE to get some upper playfield goodness though, since these are only Pro notes!

I pray for that too. At least something interesting to do with the upper pf "loops". I notice last time I played that I could perform "reverse" loops. Maybe there's something cool to do with that too.

Also, I remember when they were showcasing GB code update, they demontrated a way to "reboot" the game by holding start button and left flipper for 3 sec. I hope this is part of the firmware update too.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That’s in there already. You can turn it on in the settings.

Really? Any idea what the setting is called. I'll turn that on immediatly. It happens that a second player is added and I have no idea why.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have a LE coming next week. Are there any must haves? (Mods or fixes). Topper is on order
Is there a need for the anti airball plastic
ThankS, Greetings

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-looking-for-best-mod-ideas

On my side I have a couple of mods installed; by order of "Coolness"
-Art Blades
-Pop Bumpers topper
-Fluo Orange Plastic Protetors
-Swords flipper topper
-BattleShields (They look great, but they don't hold very well, and the paint chip. I might have to remove them soon)

#1964 4 years ago

Anyone else swapped the rubbers for Titans or other brand?

I've switched all my rubbers to Black Titans and noticed a small difference in the bouncing intensity. I think it make the game a bit easier since the ball bounce a bit more near the outlanes. I particularly like the effect it does on the long upper PF rubber, it make the ball bounce more after a loop or when it come slower.

I also reduced the outlanes size while I was doing the work. Now, it might have made the game a bit too easy with the Titans - small outlane combo. I need to test more, but for those looking for an easier game, this might do the trick.

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I switched to orange Titans awhile back and have found the game difficulty increased due to the greater bounce. I have a lot more side ways movement happening and faster play as a result. My playfield level maybe different to yours though. What level is your playfield set at?

I'm straight at bubble level, so I guess 6.5°.

It's true that it's faster, but on my side I find that the ball bounce a lot more near the outlane posts instead of just auto-enter the lane like before. Also, you can nudge the ball better near outlanes because of that.

I guess reducing the outlanes size helped too, it might be the combo of both. I'm under the impression that the multiballs last longer now.

Also the UPF rubber swap behind the knight really help to keep the ball up there longer.

My previous high score was 276m, and on my first game after the swap, I did a 330+m.

#1987 4 years ago

Even if they just add more monster colors with different shots to hit it would be great.

I said that many time, it's a technique they use a lot in the video game industry to save cost. Change colors and make them "elite monsters". Add some spikes, or any accessories to make them look different, different shots/insert colors, pulsings leds, etc...

1 week later
#2029 4 years ago

Some fixes there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/21#post-5140017

I've took a look at mine when I removed the upper PF. I had the washer installed, and in the correct order. But still, if I "close" the flipper on the ball, it can still stay stuck on the UPF.

2 weeks later
#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone having issues getting the toppers to stay on during play? My left one just flies off.

Page #38

DON'T try superglue. I've used Gorilla tape, it holded for a while but one flyed off during the weekend. I'll give a second chance to Gorilla in case it was badly glued, but if it doens't hold I think I'm going to remove them all.

1 week later
#2238 4 years ago

I really like the update so far. Tons of small stuff everywhere. The new animations for points, the new callouts when you defeat monsters, the new way to collect supers is nice too. Positively impressed.

1 week later
#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

Anyone else move the outlane posts? I moved mine down, which I assumed would make it harder to drain, but it seems to me that they drain easier, especially the right one. I'd be curious to hear anyone else's feedback.

I moved mine to "easy" setting. I think it helped a lot. Also changing the rubbers for Titans made the ball bounce more around that area, which make it easier to nudge.

2 weeks later
#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Has anyone had an issue with the flail hitting the metal ramp? One of the balls on the flail is striking the center ramp but not the other... I had not noticed it until last night but it is causing a good amount of damage to the ramp.. I can also hear it hitting which I never heard before.. The knight is tight, the spring is tight and firmly attached. I tried to push the ball on the end of the spring but it did not budge, maybe it is coming loose or sliding off? Has anyone seen this?

I noticed damage on my ramp too. But when I looked at the flail turning, it doesn't seems to be touching the ramp...?

Also: See post #1851

4 months later
#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Anyone with a topper have an issue where the black knights head doesn't go back to centre? Mine sometimes ends up with him looking to the right instead of straight ahead. Confused and wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

I've got the same thing on mine. It's always off centered to the right when not moving.

#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My friend just got his BK and he has that upper flipper issue happening. I can’t remember what the fix was for this. Does anyone have a link to the instructions that fix they released?
[quoted image]

Not sure if that's what your looking for but: post #1039

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/21

1 month later
#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from Toby:

Sand them starting with 180 220 400 800 grit then polish them out with a bench buffing wheel

Have you tried this on the flail? I was planning to do it has mine look like crap. They sent me a replacement from the factory, but it also look like crap. Was on my TODO list.

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Anybody have a line on custom cards? I know there where a few out there, can’t find them now....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5154072

7 months later
#3863 2 years ago

I had the "too much reject" issue with my flail ramp and finally decided to take a look.

There was a hanging wire & clip under the UPF and some ramp screws were a bit loose.

Not sure if that was the issue or if I re-installed the UPF more correctly, but I played a couple of games and no more rejects now.

Adding images for future ref.

P1050219 (resized).JPGP1050219 (resized).JPGP1050221 (resized).JPGP1050221 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Anyone have advice on how to polish the balls on the spinning Flail. Mine are pretty dull & id rather not take this apart to do so. Thanks for any help, John

Mine were like this too.. I asked Stern for a replacment (back in the days) because I saw the flail on the demo game at my distro showroom and it was super polished (like pinballs). They sent me a new flail from the factory...Guess what, they were exactly like that (unpolished)....

I was planning to try and polish the new one with buffer and compoud but never got into it. It's still on my to-do list. I'll post picture before-after if that ever work.

#4897 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

one guy on here said they are supposed to be like that. I left it alone & just cleaned them. I’ve seen them on some games like you said all polished up. I don’t know how you take them apart to do that at the moment.

So I finally did the polish test I wanted to do for years now...

On the first picture you can see the flail Stern send me from the factory 3 years ago, it look pretty much like the one I have in the game at the moment.

On the second pic, you can see I have polished the right side only, it look much better than the left side, you can actually see the reflexion of the camera and the paint can I used for reflexion test. The left side is still completely blurred and mushy.

Third image show both balls polished. It's pretty close to a pinball, but you can still see some of the "dimple" they had in the finish (at least they shine now )

I used a buffing wheel and green compound, and Mother's mag polish for the final touch (optional).

Now all I need is the courage to install it....

P1060752 (resized).JPGP1060752 (resized).JPGP1060754 (resized).JPGP1060754 (resized).JPGP1060755 (resized).JPGP1060755 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#4927 1 year ago

Anyone here with a "new" BKsor Stern Shooter Rod for sale?

2 months later
#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Fuuuck what I'm i doing wrong???
[quoted image]

Is your coin door closed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bagdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=bagdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.