IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#849 4 years ago

Having problems with installing the new code V1.0 on my BK LE. Never had a problem before and I have installed new codes in many pins. In this case, the pin just does not recognize that there is a code in the USB. Updating to .97 was easy. I've read that others have had a problem as well. I may just wait to see if someone resolves the mystery or Stern "fixes" whatever the problem is. I've tried reloading the code, unzipping the file (no good it has a .000 file extension when you unzip it) and nothing happens ...

#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry you are having trouble. My pro updated with no problem. You mention unzipping though...these newer games do not require unzipping. Just download and go. I even download direct to my USB drive now to save the step of moving the large file once it's done.

Understand. I had never unzipped before, and in this case when I re-tried I did not unzip. There may be a problem with the new LE code. I even used the same USB stick that I have used in all my code updates.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

Yes sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 is the file name. Dowloaded zip file to desktop. Copied spk file out of zip file. Then copied/pasted file onto thumb drive. Worked fine. Not sure if I am running Windows 10. I can confirm when I get home tonight.

I have unzipped the file, but I can't get it to open. I use Mac. Apple store programs have not been able to open it up either. The Premium and LE downloads appear to be different in Stern's web site. May be the problem is exclusively with the LE. I send a message to Stern about this problem as I never had a problem updating codes until today. We'll see what happens.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Huh, the extraction tool must been the issue, what tool did you use to extract?

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

Don't want to waste anybody's time any more. Thanks for your support.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

I just went through this exercise on my Deadpool Premium I just picked up. Tried to unzip and it didn't work. Turns out the file you download is what you have to use. The file you download is filename.spk.zip. you just have to remove the .zip from the end of the name so you are left with filename.spk. Copy that to the USB drive, plug it in, turn it on, and you will be updated in no time.

Thanks. I just tried your procedure -- it didn't work either.

1 month later
#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Don't let the "complication" or number of steps worry you.
Doug is just VERY detailed in his instructions because he wants to ensure that you don't have any problems and that it works from the very first time you power the game on after installation.

I bought the light set from Doug and it is simply awesome. Took about 15 minutes to install. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. The speaker lights along with the acrylics Doug developed are a must for BKSOR. An exceptional mod.

IMG_2055 (resized).jpgIMG_2055 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2178 4 years ago

Question on the new update. What is the difference between a "quick" update and a "full" update. My Stern pins have always defaulted to a full update and that's what I've used. This update defaulted to a quick update, so I changed it to a full update. The pin reflects the new update when it boots up.

The reason I'm asking besides an understanding between quick and full update is because although I uploaded the full update, it did not take as much time as other updates I've loaded. Did I do something wrong?

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

Last time I updated my BKSOR code, I used a windows system. Now I only have a Mac. Wonder if it’ll cause any problem if I update using the Mac. Love my premium and don’t want to screw it up

I have a Mac and had no problem updating the code.

1 month later
#2388 4 years ago

My apologies in advanced if this strategy has been discussed before, but ... what is the strategy necessary to reach "Black Castle?" I got there the other day for the first time, but I have no idea of how I got there. Is this strategy been posted anywhere? Thanks.

#2395 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone on the information on how to get to "Black Castle." I applied the advise and got there twice since. Also, I got to "Black Knight 2,000" for the first time ever. This pin continues to amaze me, great machine.

2 weeks later
#2461 4 years ago

Question, I was playing my BKSOR LE when all of the sudden the lights in the upper playfield go off when I hit the right flipper. If I play a little longer they come back on, but as soon as I hit the right flipper off they go. Has anyone had this happen? I assume the issue is with the right upper flipper; but again if anyone has come across this problem would you share your knowledge?

3 months later
#2792 3 years ago

Just got my topper today ... WOW! Best topper ever, and it works great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=avidpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.