36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 402 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BK+BKSOR (resized).JPG
atlantis (resized).jpg
IMG_7376 (resized).jpg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpg
BKAlbum_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
ee41df12ae70c269e3402f6784481c38085d070c (resized).jpg
PB060052 (resized).JPG
PB060048 (resized).JPG
20191124_155756 (resized).jpg
20191124_125417 (resized).jpg
15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg
20191116_010056 (resized).jpg
20191115_211145 (resized).jpg
20191115_211142 (resized).jpg
20191115_211134 (resized).jpg
IMG_2760 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#849 4 months ago

Having problems with installing the new code V1.0 on my BK LE. Never had a problem before and I have installed new codes in many pins. In this case, the pin just does not recognize that there is a code in the USB. Updating to .97 was easy. I've read that others have had a problem as well. I may just wait to see if someone resolves the mystery or Stern "fixes" whatever the problem is. I've tried reloading the code, unzipping the file (no good it has a .000 file extension when you unzip it) and nothing happens ...

#851 4 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry you are having trouble. My pro updated with no problem. You mention unzipping though...these newer games do not require unzipping. Just download and go. I even download direct to my USB drive now to save the step of moving the large file once it's done.

Understand. I had never unzipped before, and in this case when I re-tried I did not unzip. There may be a problem with the new LE code. I even used the same USB stick that I have used in all my code updates.

#856 4 months ago
Quoted from Jalford20:

Yes sword_of_rage_le-1_00_0.spk.001.000 is the file name. Dowloaded zip file to desktop. Copied spk file out of zip file. Then copied/pasted file onto thumb drive. Worked fine. Not sure if I am running Windows 10. I can confirm when I get home tonight.

I have unzipped the file, but I can't get it to open. I use Mac. Apple store programs have not been able to open it up either. The Premium and LE downloads appear to be different in Stern's web site. May be the problem is exclusively with the LE. I send a message to Stern about this problem as I never had a problem updating codes until today. We'll see what happens.

#869 4 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Huh, the extraction tool must been the issue, what tool did you use to extract?

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

#870 4 months ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I agree reference the extraction tool. I have never had an update issue until now. I use a Mac, here is what I've done:
1. I downloaded the file and tried unzip as I've always done. The pin, would not recognize the update.
2. Downloaded the file and unzipped the file. Discarded the unzipped folder and tried to update the code with the unzipped file. The pin recognized that it was a code upgrade, but when it was to start the upgrade it gave me a message saying that it was not a valid spk file.
3. Deleted the .000 extension and left the file with spk at the end. Again the pin recognized the upgrade, but when it was suppose to start the upgrade it came back to tell me that it was not a spk file.
I can't find in the Apple store a program that would open this file ...
Very frustrating as I never had this problem before. I may just have to settle for V.97 or try it again in a week or so.

Don't want to waste anybody's time any more. Thanks for your support.

#893 4 months ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

I just went through this exercise on my Deadpool Premium I just picked up. Tried to unzip and it didn't work. Turns out the file you download is what you have to use. The file you download is filename.spk.zip. you just have to remove the .zip from the end of the name so you are left with filename.spk. Copy that to the USB drive, plug it in, turn it on, and you will be updated in no time.

Thanks. I just tried your procedure -- it didn't work either.

1 month later
#1209 81 days ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Don't let the "complication" or number of steps worry you.
Doug is just VERY detailed in his instructions because he wants to ensure that you don't have any problems and that it works from the very first time you power the game on after installation.

I bought the light set from Doug and it is simply awesome. Took about 15 minutes to install. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. The speaker lights along with the acrylics Doug developed are a must for BKSOR. An exceptional mod.

IMG_2055 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avidpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside