IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago

I'm in for an LE, this game is pure metal!

#49 5 years ago

I wait until it's in my home before putting it on my list, but yeah, doesn't matter.

3 months later
#865 4 years ago

I've got an LE, code loaded up fine. Download the zip, extract it and copy what it extracts onto a thumb drive. Turn off game, insert usb, turn on game, update. Easy.

Thoughts on the code:
I feel like it was a mistake lowering the default mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.

My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.

That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

#873 4 years ago

Have you tried just loading that file onto a stick and running it?

#875 4 years ago

That's weird. I just loaded up the usb drive I used (that worked) and it's the exact same file. No different name (same .spk.001.000 ending), no different size. Maybe try updating to the last code first? (if you're not on it already)

#878 4 years ago

I successfully updated and I'm on LE. I followed the steps Stern gives:

1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open folder, copy only the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick. Do
not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#882 4 years ago

You could also try re-downloading the archive, unlikely, but it could have been corrupt.

#921 4 years ago

I would love an Adult Mode (more aggressive, profanity-laden insults, less g-rated) on this game!

#1008 4 years ago

None of you guys must be into vinyl collecting if you think $250 USD is ridiculous for rare vinyl. Hell my original pressing of Aenima by Tool by was like $300 and it isn't even *that* rare. 100 copies from a known producer of a niche property with a great sound to boot? Shit, I'm surprised they're not listed for $500. That being said, I don't need it. I listen to it every time I play, there is no reason for me to buy it other than just to have it.

3 months later
#1596 4 years ago

Clearcoat

Mylar

Pick one. For home use, you don't need both. Realistically, for home use you don't need either.

#1660 4 years ago

Really hoping we'll see new code today, but the only thing I'm seeing is this got put up today:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/collectibles/products/black-knight-lp

And according to facebook they gave away a signed pf to a stern insider.

3 weeks later
#1841 4 years ago

WTB updated code

1 month later
#2167 4 years ago

*Added alternate game soundtrack.*

SACRILEGE.

There are so many changes with scoring, I'm excited just to play and see what happens! I'm updating the code now and in a few hours (~2pm MST) I'll be streaming with direct audio/video capture @ twitch.tv/aeonblack6

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...alternate soundtrack is a headscratcher for sure. I thought that was the part of the machine most people agreed was awesome. But hey...I'm all for options so interested to see (err...hear) what it is.

Game Specific Feature 110. I just played one game on it to see what it is. It is a very generic, but not bad, orchestral type of score. It lacks any of the personality or oomph of the real soundtrack, but I'll spend some time on it today during my stream to see if maybe some of the modes have some good stuff added in. It definitely felt tacked on from what I could tell.

It will make a great addition for all the soft boys who are afraid to worship at the altar of anthrax.

#2190 4 years ago

I talked about it in my stream today, but overall this code is a big improvement, however I still feel like the risk vs. the reward of the supers is just not there to make it worth it. Losing all progress on your supers from a drain is bad enough, but losing it while using the magnasave just doesn't make any sense to me. I love that you can build up all the supers at once, but handicapping the player to say "well, if you are buildings supers, never use magnasave" is a bad move imo. I would like to see a setting for this: the magnasave removes *some* progress from your supers (say you are at tier 4, it puts you down to tier 3, or maybe it removes one of your supers but not all) and potentially even the same thing from a drain. Currently, you can spend an entire ball unlocking and building up all your supers and if you have a bad bounce and use magnasave, you lose all of that progress. I just don't really understand the thought process behind so thoroughly punishing the player when that center shot to unlock the super is such a risky shot already.

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I get the impression that the change was more so due to the Pro because of the clunky manner of activating the super jackpot cash in. I agree, in the Prem/LE it really makes things an unfortunate gamble that takes things out of your hands if you need to save the ball. The left drop and then left VUK was at least all skill.

I don't even really find the left drop and left vuk to be too difficult. Sure it's an extra shot to take, but it's not exactly a risky shot compared to the center shot needed to collect the super.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

True lol. It was about the second or third monster where he asked to have a beer.
Quick clarification question on Retro Multiball (the first KNIGHT one). When you’re activating supers by hitting the spinner and then the center target...all those points earned are instant, right? You don’t need to activate the super jackpot (now the magnasave right return lane) to earn them, right? It’s just a black screen with a retro logo and score, so I figured it was instant and not points you have to unlock through the super jackpot, right?

I'm actually not sure if you get any sizeable amount of points for lighting the super or collecting the super (on the center target), the main points from them are gained by hitting the shots associated with them (super spinner? rip the spinner for points). The magnasave collect of the super jackpot completely removes all of your supers and "collects" but I don't think the value is there to make it worth more than just hitting shots and playing the game.

#2204 4 years ago

That was my thoughts on the supers as well when reading the log. However, my experience as an average player is that you will use your multiballs just to safely hit the center target and collect the supers, any other time you risk draining and losing all progress, or using magnasave and losing all progress. I'm starting to sound like a broken record on it, but I really don't think supers are completely where they should be yet, but they are taking big steps in the right direction.

#2243 4 years ago

UNFORGIVABLE

Edit: But for real, get in contact with stern, that's unacceptable for a game this new. Only other time I've seen that happen was on my TOTAN, the skill shot back popped off.

1 week later
#2280 4 years ago

It looks damn good!

2 months later
#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anyone here have a decent amount of playing time on both versions?
I dig my BK pro. Bought it shortly after release. Opted for it over Prem because I was underwhelmed with the sparse upper pf, and seems like the ball is up there a lot. Also didn't like that it was a clear plastic pf, like Elvis & WPT, as opposed to wood w/artwork and inserts etc. Looked cheap. Anyway, that's what drove my initial purchase. That and the fact the Pro is really fun.
Is this one of those titles where you should definitely go Premium, like AC/DC, or is it not so clear, like Metallica? Seems like the latter, but I have very little time on the Prem/LE, so I'm really not sure.
I am open to upgrading if the playing experience is really that much better.

Totally personal preference. I have an LE and have played quite a bit on pro's in league and location play. I like both. I personally prefer the prem/le not because the upper pf is great, but because I really enjoy stacking the 3 ball catapult multiball with the 3 knights multiball, getting the add a ball and carrying a mode into it. It's a unique challenge within the game to get all of that stacked up properly and I enjoy it for that. The upper pf doesn't kill the flow of the game for me; everyone acts like they are just gonna keep flipping and it's gonna be so smooth and wonderful, but then they trap up anyways, as if that doesn't "kill the flow". It's just personal preference.

I had a great game today during my stream where I basically did everything if you want to see what a decent game on a BKSORLE looks like (compared to what you know on a pro). https://www.twitch.tv/videos/623945565?t=01h50m23s

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I only played the Pro before buying a prem NIB. The ability to hit the target on the upper PF to advance against the monsters is a great option.

Forgot to mention that. I'm 50/50 on that because I feel like it makes it kind of easy to cheese through modes if you're consistent on your shots up there. I think from a code perspective that needs to scale up the same way that lighting locks works.

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I like it, I upped all the monster difficulties to hard to compensate. I like that it gives a reason to shoot for the dangerous flail lane and get up there for a few easy shots.

I have yet to try that, but I think I'm going to give it a shot. I also feel like it will make my bad games feel EXTRA bad, so i'm hesitant lol.

3 months later
#2931 3 years ago

I love my LE, but I hate hate hate the design of the plug underneath the upper flipper. Even with the "missing" washer installed underneath it, I still get the occasional ball stuck behind the flipper, and during really heated flipping, it sometimes even pops out the top (and then pops back in).

Surely someone must have a better solution to this P.O.S. design?

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yours must be bent or the stack up is still not right. I have never had a ball even slow down in that area let alone get stuck. I've had the upper playfield out at least three times to install mods and plastic protectors and it just goes right back in and lines up with the plug perfectly every time.

Yeah, I have no clue, I've adjusted it multiple times and it still isn't sitting right.

I have: Flipper, washer, plug, washer, bushing, sleeve. Is that not correct? Should the bottom washer be below the bushing instead of between the bushing and plug?

I just have a hard time understanding (aside from cost) why they chose to make a free floating, non-adjustable assembly for this piece. I understand that the upper playfield needs to be removable without removing the flipper, but there's no reason I can see why it should be free floating like this.

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

This is from Steve Ritchie (apologies...I don't remember the original poster in this thread - stacking order is in the third paragraph). I did this to mine and have not had a single ball stuck since (couple hundred games):
Remove all 6 balls from the lower trough. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox making sure that it is stable, (check the manual) then loosen the upper right flipper shaft clamping block (on the bottom of the wood playfield) with a 5/32” hex (Allen) wrench allowing a bit of rotational and up and down movement of the flipper shaft. Use your manual to locate assemblies if you don’t know the names of the parts I’m mentioning.
Lay the playfield back down on the playfield support brackets. Pull the playfield toward the front of the game until the round rubber feet on the playfield support brackets are securely in the hand protector trough. Carefully prop up the rear of the playfield with an 18” long piece of 2X4 or other prop using the cabinet floor and a blank spot on the bottom of the playfield so that the entire flipper stack is visible and within your reach from the right side of the game.
Slowly pull the loosened flipper shaft upward, freeing up the different parts of the flipper stack, and removing them carefully. Remove the flipper shaft pulling upward. When you have the flipper removed from the game, slide the ironing board on the shaft, then slide the new metal washer up the shaft under the ironing board, then the fat white nylon bushing, then the clear plastic bushing onto the shaft, and feed the lower tip of the flipper shaft through the plastic upper playfield and back into the flipper bushing on and through the lower wood playfield. Guide the ironing board into the flipper-shaped hole in the plastic upper playfield. Remove the playfield prop and lower the rear of the playfield onto the playfield cabinet rails. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox while holding the upper right flipper in place. Feed the flipper shaft through the flipper clamp block and tighten just enough so that you can still rotate and move the flipper up and down in the clamp block.
Next, the goal is to have zero up and down play in the upper right flipper assembly. Locate the plastic flipper body over the ironing board and aligned the flipper with it on all sides. Push down on the flipper and up on the clamping block until there is zero up and down movement of the flipper. Tighten the hex screw with the 5/32” Allen wrench lower the playfield back into the company and check for flipper alignment and up and down end play. The ball will no longer stay stuck behind the upper right flipper. There will still be enough up and down play due to the flexiblity and softness of the plastic parts in the stack.

Okay, so I took out the upper washer and just put the one under the plug and it was still causing issues, but the key to it was just getting rid of the up/down slack in the flipper. Literally the only flipper I've ever encountered where you're supposed to get it pushed tight down into the shaft. Hopefully this fix holds up. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.