IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRudyB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 4 years ago

My eyes may be deceiving me from that pic but based on that bubble it looks like your game is leaning slightly to the right; the bubble is not quite centered left/right even though it looks good upper/lower. You might try raising the right side ever so slightly.

1 week later
#264 4 years ago

@taz: Love the shrine. For some reason I keep hearing the words “sudden death.”

1 week later
#363 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I don't know, more of a bug fix than anything else. I love the game, but I don't expect any improvements at this point, though I wish I was wrong.

Your wish is granted: you're wrong.

Although I wish you were right. Because if this release really was mostly a bug fix, then I can't wait to see what Tim will come up with when he finally gets around to seriously working on enhancements and new stuff.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Easy to say that would be cool to see, but probably a lot of work for the team to implement. Progress indicators of some sort are always welcomed.

But if they were able to reflect the damage progress in the images of the monsters themselves it would also present video game players (especially those who have not really looked at/played pinball before) with something extremely familiar to them. It just might entice a couple of them to give BKSOR a try and using the light side of the force for a change (which simultaneously means playing pinball instead of video games as well as perhaps playing a Star Wars pin next.)

#455 4 years ago

Mine arrived today. When my Premium is finally built and delivered, there's going to be a lot of great enhancements for me to work on.

Another part of the reason I think the stormtrooper plunger is odd is because (at least to me) it looks upside down. If the BKSOR plunger was oriented that way and I couldn't convince Stern to do a run with them the way they actually made them, I would have passed on it. As a player (and especially as a player+owner), this stuff should look good from where I'm standing. Literally.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Be sure to tap the machine screw holes prior to putting on. Makes it a much easier install. For a hundo you would think we could get the screw holes covered prior to painting them. They are loaded with black paint overspray; thus making the machine screw an unfriendly fit.
Tappy tap tap!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have to install the entire new plunger assembly, or could you just switch the plunger rods? Don’t have my game yet, so I can’t check it myself.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

When are the premiums shipping?

I heard the first ones started shipping yesterday. My distributor told me to expect mine sometime this coming week, but will of course call when they know for sure.

#488 4 years ago

I just stumbled across this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R4TNBF8/

$19.00 shipped. Not a Stern-authorized BKSOR item, but you already knew that when I said it was $19.00 (just a little very friendly ribbing to my friends at Stern since I already bought the authorized plunger to go with my game. )

61f0xsR4A0L._SL1002_ (resized).jpg61f0xsR4A0L._SL1002_ (resized).jpg
#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those look amazing!

Super ***WOW*** @pinupgirl1975!!! No offense to the artists at Stern, but I like the look of these a *LOT* better than the blades you get from the factory with the LE.

But now the MILLION DOLLAR question from me once again: are you folks going to do these as PowerBlades too?

Although I don't own a Munsters, I absolutely love the lightning effects you've created with the Power version of those. I can only imagine how even more incredible these would look on BKSOR if they had appropriate illumination effects too.

I think they would also "complete" the interior of the play field cabinet really well. Because now (since the fire already burns on the playfield back panel), the sides would have animated light effects too!. All three interior cabinet sides that the player sees would have light effects!!!

Please tell me this is going to happen. Fingers crossed!!!

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Hey therudyb Yes...We will have them made as powerbladez but we need at least 10 pre-orders to make it go into production. We haven't received our animation yet, and I believe it's coming on Monday.
But, I will lower the price to $249 for A Fathers Day Sale to the first 10 people that pre-order TODAY June 16 ONLY without seeing the animation! This ends at midnight. (Regular price is $299)

Send me a PM with BKSOR POWERBLADEZ IN THE SUBJECT and your contact details for an invoice.

OK pinupgirl1975 - PM sent. I am *IN* - and especially for 50 bucks off.

It's going to look SO FRICKIN' COOL when my Premium has animations happening on all THREE sides around the playfield (PowerBladez plus the factory fire.) You're also going to make a lot of LE buyers a bit envious with these PowerBladez too, pinupgirl1975 ... unless of course they're willing to cover up their special factory LE blades to get the same effect that us PowerBlade owners will have.

So who else is in?

1 week later
#607 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

A free post and rubber on the upper playfield that'll help bounce the ball back up to the upper flipper.

Didn’t catch the live stream and can’t watch the video until much later tonight. Are they sending the post thing automatically to owners, or do we have to “order” it?

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Here is the bottom line, the super loop champion on my current BK2000 is 22 loops. This new BK will never be able to achieve such glory! The upper playfield loops on the new BKSOF are weak at best, which points to the design flaw. That plastic doesn’t appear to help much as I don’t think I saw 2 consecutive loops in that entire video. I love Steve like the rest of you, but even the greatest designer cannot nail it every time. I will be buying this game either way as I am Black Knight obsessed, but I am still not convinced that the premium is the way to go? That being said, aside from the layout, I love everything about this game! Thanks for making this Stern!

Myself and several people I've talked to got the Premium because in our humble opinions:

- We personally prefer the Premium backglass and cabinet art work over the Pro and the LE (despite the playfield toy, the game is called "Sword of Rage", not "Flail of Rage")
- The ability to stack Triple Knights Challenge and Catapult Multiball for 6-ball play is mega-awesome
- We are using the extra $1500 to pick and choose the updates/mods we want ... and we'll have likely spent a lot less than $1500 to make ourselves really happy once we're done
-Adding better speakers/subwoofer, speaker lights, real knocker, HD glass, Stern shooter rod, shaker motor, animated Pingraffix Powerbladez (if they get just a few more people to commit to ordering), have our side armor, legs and other such metal parts powdercoated to our individual tastes, etc.
- Will it be possible to get a replacement LE mirrored backglass if something were to happen to mine? Or would I have to go back to a translite in such an unfortunate event?
- Not sure why I'd want/need a certificate of authenticity. Is some evil manufacturing entity flooding the market with knockoff BKSORs? I'm pretty certain it will be quite obvious who made my game both today and years from now.

Even if all the improvements I opt for cost more than $1500, it's not likely to be much more. And having that extra $1500 is one heck of a head start.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Same thoughts as this is great game and one I will be keeping.

Ditto. Mine is never going anywhere ... well ... except for wherever I go!

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

You will be glad to know that the PowerBladez and also another surprise are coming very soon....
Going to be off the hook!
Please sign up to our newsletter to get the latest info..
https://www.pingraffix.com

Sweet music to my ears is this news for the upcoming PowerBladez candy for my eyes!

And another surprise too? Looks like I'm officially on the hook that you'll soon be off of, Joe!

1 week later
#737 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Sword fight anyone?
Flipper topper proto finish test.
Coming soon to Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image]

Awesome! I'm in.

Hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.
Yeah, there are a few out there already.
And that's precisely why I hope you'll be doing a BKSOR shooter plate too.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Its hard to make something cast in metal and compete with the plastic printed items.
If the swords flippers go over well the shooter plate would be next followed by dare I say - monster figure?
All depends on what the market demands.
Love making this stuff.

If your shooter plate for BKSOR would come out even half as nice as your one for Munsters looks, I for one wouldn’t give the plastic ones another look.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Just wait till you see Wonka

I'm sure that one will look fantastic too!

But right now I'm looking for a BKSOR shooter plate that I like to go with a BKSOR game, not a Wonka game to go with a Wonka shooter plate that I like.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I had a few ideas for BK this might be a good place to discuss?
Thought of doing the helmet outline in Gold to include eye holes and mouth guard dots.
Then thought what about paying homage to the King for the trilogy maybe the bolts down the side with BK and SR on a shield in the same scroll type font.
Even drew out the original pop cap crest on a shield.
Any thoughts shoot them at me.

One of the reasons I don't care for the existing BKSOR shooter plates currently out there all that much is that they don't (at least to my eyes) "match" the game/theme as well, especially in terms of color. This became even more true for me after Stern released the special BKSOR shooter knob and I bought one for my game. Particularly now that I have that on the game, I want a shooter plate that really looks great with this shooter knob that also really looks great.

Brief detour:

Just to give you an idea of what my pinball eyes make my pinball brain do, the first "mod" I did to my BKSOR Premium edition was to swap a blue start button in for the green one. (I'm also adding blue lighted flipper buttons in a few days too.) I totally understand that for games on location, high-contrast items help attract the eye and are thus desirable. This is another reason I think Stern uses the black-on-yellow scheme for its pricing and instruction card as well the photo-sensitive seizure warning information - not simply because that color combo is also considered the most readable. But for HUO, I don't need nor want such serious contrasts on my games. So to my eyes, the green one looked out of place. I'm doing a few riffs on other folk's pricing and instruction cards and will post those once I'm happier with them. I may do an overlay for the seizure warning too with the same words, still in easy-to-read colors, just not so jarring.

Back to the main road:

Perhaps I was influenced by seeing your Munsters shooter plate, but when I was putting the BKSOR shooter knob on my game the first thing I thought of was: "it looks like a door-knocker on the Black Knight's castle. So try using that thought as just one among many other inspirations I'm sure you already have for a BKSOR shooter plate. A BK helmet, a shield, are all possibilities. Not sure I'd want another fanged skull, however, since the special Stern knob has that element pretty well covered. But others keeping the standard knob (or going some other non-sculpted knob) might like to have a fanged skull option. Heck, you could even make it look like a castle drawbridge or a portcullis to complete the "door knocker" effect. -) -)

1 week later
#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Physical enhancement arrived today[quoted image][quoted image]

I put mine on yesterday.

I followed the instructions to where it said to remove the old plastic and discard it. So (naturally) I had to compare the old one with the new one. The two pieces were identical - and I mean EXACTLY identical. That perplexed me for a second. It took me a bit to realize that there's a fifth hole in the new one that was not present in my new plastic.

It was a minor nuisance I easily corrected with a Dremel and a drill bit, but still a nuisance.

#787 4 years ago

As I finally get into my BKSOR Premium modding groove (upgraded speaker, speaker lights and bill acceptor also now installed; lighted flipper buttons and real knocker next on the list with more to come after that), I thought I'd post a pic of my current riffs on a custom instruction and pricing card. Not sure these will be the final version, but I just had to get rid of those yellow cards ASAP so this is what I've got so far.

On the pricing card, you'll see that I've dubbed my machine the "Ultra Premium Edition" in anticipation of what it will eventually look like once everything I want on it is installed. I've also moved the Black Knight image to the right to open a spot for one of my two BKSOR Pin-A-Go-Go coins that a fellow Pinsider was so kind enough to pick up for me. It's slightly crooked in the picture, but that is easily rectified the next time I open the game: I superglued a strong, thin magnet to the back of the coin, so it can be easily turned a bit. I really wanted the coin on the bottom arch so players could see it, but until I thought of sliding the Black Knight image to the right on the pricing card, I was at a loss to figure out a reasonably good place for it.

BKSOR Arch Cards and Coin (resized).jpgBKSOR Arch Cards and Coin (resized).jpg
#790 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Love to see a BKSOR Prem / Pro sound mod. Lets distort Steve's voice like the Hardware did back in the day.
I think that would go a long way.
Also like to see some of the Harsher callouts go away. Your A loser one is one I don't like my kids hearing.

Make it an adjustment so owners/operators can set it for their particular location.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Until the blockheads at stern wake up I can't make that sort of change to the system.
Until then all we have is the Sound Mod utility that someone posted up here awhile back.
Fix Steve Richies voice and that will be amazing.

I was talking to Tim/Stern, not you.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Today I'm installing the real knocker and the quiet fan mod.

Quiet fan mod? Is there something that you did to silence the existing jet engine or did you just replace it with a quiet one?

#813 4 years ago

Now that the ball can be kept on the upper playfield a lot longer because the bump-post is installed, make even more of a conscious effort to hit the catapult, the lock target and loops or at least partial loops. Several times this morning I found myself (pardon the term) flailing away up there but because I wasn't making any switch-hits for a bit, ball search started as it normally would and should. But I was far more pissed off at my flailing than the fact that a normal ball search started. In a way, it was like another way the game was taunting me. Actually, it might be cool to have the Black Knight say a line similar to one that's already in the game when a ball search happens: "When is any actual fighting going to resume?" or some such. Then it would sound like the Black Knight himself is looking for the "missing" ball and making all the solenoids pop (and it would work when a ball search is needed legitimately too.)

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Pinsider@Vireland sells them.[quoted image]

Thanks, Captainhook!!!

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Joined the club yesterday (Premium) - loving the game....
One issue keeps happening - My spinner doesn't want to spin. even with very clean shot it can almost trap the ball or .... kills the momentum and it most often never makes it up to the WAR section. Anyone else with this issue ?
When I touch it seems to not be physically stuck but not ever having a newer game like this before I don't know what to expect.

My spinner will spin just fine (it hasn't trapped a ball during any game on my Premium so far) but the issue I'm having is that my spinner quite frequently comes to rest in a horizontal position rather than returning to vertical. It's not binding up or suddenly stopping that way - I just get 50/50 horizontal vs. vertical stops when it slows down and stops normally. Personally I suspect the spinner is just jealous of the flail and trying too hard to imitate it, but if anyone is having a similar issue and knows how to correct such behavior in a spinner, I'm all ears. BKSOR is the first game I've ever actually owned that has a spinner, so I'm extremely light on spinner expertise. Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions in advance.

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's great! The new callouts with BK trying to talk you out of fighting when you are qualifying the modes are freaking hilarious! "Can't we talk about this?" "Let's lay our weapons down and have a discussion". LMAO!

To paraphrase the Joker “What happened? Did his balls drop off?”

Sorry, but these call outs completely ruin the image of the Black Knight for me. When I want humor with my knights and castles, I’ll play Medieval Madness.

So perhaps another adjustment can be created in the next code release. Call it Black Knight Persona. Options are Evil Badass or Bully Wuss.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Re: spinner not settling. Make sure the spinner arms are square as well as the bracket and that nothing is binding. I put a little bit of graphite lube on a q-tip and applied sparingly to the two arms as well as the flat of the switch lever where it contacts the activating arm and my spinners are super juicy.

Thanks, Chalkey! Really appreciate it.
Got a few things to tweak on the playfield so I will definitely check everything and do as you suggest.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

To each their own.. i havent installed the new update yet but ill be sure to voice my opinion as well.

I'm totally serious about the adjustment (well ... OK ... name it KNIGHT HUMOR with a YES/NO option) and let the owner/operator choose based on their location(s.) Like I said, for *me* the humor ruins the image of the Black Knight from the first two games. But I totally understand that others like it and would (and should) be allowed to keep it.

The easiest way to keep everyone happy now that humor has been introduced is to give us the option to choose via an adjustment. That way if/when I get tired of evil Mr. Meanness kicking my butt, I can always press the secret buttons to give him a humorous persona. Vice versa for those who prefer the humor too.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

100% this. Not a fan of the soft callouts. Really like the polishing the game got everywhere else, but I’ll likely revert back to .94 if 1.0 goes unchecked. I was totally turned off by it last nite!

Agreed. Phenomenal update in every other regard.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Just get pinball browser and copypasta the mean sound files you want over the other ones.

I don't want redundancy - I want depth. Of course if Steve would be willing to record some additional "confident knight" callouts, I would gladly install them. Then again, if Steve would record those additional callouts, why not just put them in the game in the next code release with the afore-suggested adjustment?

Quoted from Chalkey:

Rage over the knight getting progressively less confident is a pretty bold take. Just get pinball browser and copypasta the mean sound files you want over the other ones.

So if in Return of the Jedi Darth Vader said "C'mon Luke ... let's put down our lightsabers and chat about this" you would have been fine, would you? (said at the risk of giving Disney any ideas.) I want to play against Black Knight Evil, not Dr. Evil (plus there's already a game for the latter if/when I ever do.)

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I knew there would be at least a few people in this camp. I would agree if he were being a wuss right from the start, but it's cleverly programmed so he only loses confidence as the player gets closer to his castle. He is as cocky and evil as ever in the beginning, only wavering once he sees your power. I think it helps tell a cool narrative.

To reiterate an apropos comparison: If Darth Vader started getting scared of Luke leading up to his final lightsaber battle with Luke in Return of the Jedi in this same way, you'd have walked out of the theatre.

I don't recall a big evil boss getting scared of any protagonist in any movie, video game or real-life story. To me the narrative is conflicted: on the one hand, you're building up towards that final battle with the big evil boss, but on the other hand the big evil boss is getting scared of you - and is blatantly telling you that he's getting scared of you. Totally deflates the importance of the final battle. That's why I named this persona the Bully Wuss persona. A bully really IS a wuss right from the start; the wuss just doesn't emerge until the bully is called on it/challenged. Then they quickly (to borrow the callout) run home to mommy.

If his balls suddenly grew back when final battle begins, that's inconsistent too. Sorry, but I wouldn't buy the explanation that the Black Knight is just pretending to wimp out either.

That said, I again have no issue with having the humor as an option now that it has been introduced. My beef is it was introduced WELL AFTER they sold hundreds and hundreds of the games based solely on the Evil Badass persona in both the game itself and the marketing of the game. But now those of us who want to maintain that Evil Badass persona are stuck with a Bully Wuss. And that really sucks.

I've said many times in other postings that my BKSOR isn't going anywhere. Now, I'm not only considering dumping it, but replacing it with a JJP game. The next update of BKSOR code will make the decision for me when I see if I've got a choice or if I'm going to be stuck with a Bully Wuss.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

You don't like it. I understand your reasoning. I happen to like it, but I enjoy a bit of humor in my games. I am sorry you feel so strongly about it that it's ruining the experience for you though. I personally can't see something like that driving me to dump a game I otherwise enjoy (much less driving you to purchase JJP instead). Have you thought about using Pinball Browser to replace the callouts you dislike? You could simply reuse a few of your favorite taunts. Even though you'd be reusing, I am guessing it wouldn't be any more redundant than the earlier code was (before the wussy callouts existed). Just a thought. Hate you see you sour on such an awesome game over it!

It's not the game play/layout/features that I'm souring on. Those are actually what's making me hang on until the next code release. It's just hard for me to have a humorous version of the Black Knight sitting next to the first two Black Knights and a Medieval Madness (which already covers the knights-and-castles humor thing for me.)

The hardest aspect, however, is still that I bought the game in significant part because of the Evil Badass persona it was marketed with - perpetuating and intensifying the evil persona of the Black Knight that I grew up with. When Williams shut its pinball doors, I never thought there'd ever be a third Black Knight game, let alone by the legendary designer of the first two. But the miracle of miracles was formally made real back on March 26th. Instant pre-order.

I enjoy humor in my games too. But not at the expense of character. For an equally disconcerting (and hopefully hypothetical) example, imagine if the next code release for Deadpool suddenly REMOVED all the humor and cast him as a totally serious character. I'd be pretty danged perturbed about that too.

I'd also welcome an adult persona. But since the humor was sprung on us well after the game was being marketed and sold, the best way to keep everyone happy is to offer an adjustment to change the persona of the Black Knight to fit a given mood and/or location. Make the option choices HUMOROUS, REGULAR EVIL, and SAMUEL L. JACKSON.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I was going to buy bksor. I need to watch on YouTube the new code callouts. I liked the evil taunts...they got rid of that?

No - the evil taunts are still there.

But in version 1.00 they included additional callouts where the Black Knight begins to lose that persona and say some humorous things indicating that he's becoming afraid of your strength/power/abilities as you progress in the game.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uhm,... you do know that the main goal & backstory in the game is to fight the Black Knight because he hoards all the arcade quarters he earned from pinball? Even being evil he is just obver the top funny and Steve Ritchie talked for 18 months about wanting to creage a "Beige Knight".
There is a skeleton with a 2-skeleton driven flamethrower.
How could anyone ever think of this as a serious game?! XD

Uhm ... by the way it was marketed.

Perhaps you never saw any of the marketing, but take a look at the teaser trailer that kicked off the anticipation:

Then again, perhaps you saw it and it made you LOL. And that's OK if it did.

No pinball game is ultimately serious. But, just as in movies, video games and other fictional stories/worlds, you suspend your disbelief when you enter. But there still needs to be a fairly consistent and logical set of parameters established and followed to allow us to continue to maintain that suspension of disbelief.

Steve may have talked for 18 years about creating a "Beige Knight." Cool. But the game I bought specifically says "Black Knight Sword of Rage" not "Beige Knight Sword of Miffed."

For those of us who grew up with Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 and love the lawful evil nature of the character, suddenly giving the Black Knight in Sword of Rage an increasingly cowering sense of humor in a code update is not Black Knight 3 - it turns the game into a Black Knight reboot. And that's not what was advertised and why I bought one.

But again: just make it an adjustment along with adding an adult option and everyone will be very happy because whoever comes to own a BKSOR can select the Black Knight's persona based on where they're operating the game, thus tailoring it to everyone from HUO family with kids to adults-only locations.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

A teaser is a teaser and it is absolutely clear if you look at the story and some of the enemys, the Match sequence etc. that they don't take it 100% seriously.

I agree. It is pretty obvious that they don't take the whole game 100% seriously. And one need look no further than movies and TV for hundreds of examples of very evil villains who have stupid and/or funny minions. But why didn't they tease the humor, then? The story, the enemies, the Match sequence, etc. are not the Black Knight character himself.

I want my big boss battle to be against the Black Knight I saw in all the marketing - a Black Knight who is at his strongest and who will bring it relentlessly, not a Black Knight who keeps telling me that I'm making him more and more nervous about fighting me and who is suddenly having second thoughts about it. I want to defeat a VERY formidable villain, not one who's getting scared of me and who I've already half-beaten before the final battle begins. I want to earn and savor defeating the Black Knight at the top of his game - both in terms of playfield objectives necessary and persona conveyed.

In D&D terms, I consider the Black Knight, especially as portrayed in the first two games, to be a lawful evil character. He's not a clown. He's not chaotic. He's intelligent and calculating in addition to being arrogant and strong. And he forcefully but respectfully acknowledges your success in beating him (think "You are champion" in BK2K); he does not wimp out even in defeat.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

(Additionally I listened trough the first Code that was released via Pinball Browser and all the "funny" snippets were allready in.)

Wonder why they waited until version 1.00 to activate these callouts then? Perhaps 1.00 is a trial to see how they go over.
Regardless, it's rather simple to make it an adjustment code-wise.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

It was only sold at the the 2019 comic con in California at the Stern booth. All 100 copies gone . Not sure if they will re release on digital or wax format.

Last time I looked (about an hour ago) there were four copies for sale on eBay - but brace yourself for the prices.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Just saw the side armor today it looks ok, I like the Deadpool ones better.

Where did you see it, Carz?

It doesn’t seem to be on the Stern site yet unless I’m missing it.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Yes. Stern is an ass for not letting LE owners get the first shot at those albums. I bid up to $140 on the ebay one last night... it sold for $202.
Theres no way I could have gotten one, i live on the other side of the country.

They should have followed their own production model: LE buyers get (or minimally get first dibs on) a deluxe/exclusive limited release, then Pro/Premium owners can either get what's left over (first come first served) or only be able to purchase it on black vinyl and/or CD and/or digital download.

What baffles me is why (at least so far) they decided to only take in a whopping $2,000 gross on it. Given the following of Anthrax, Scott Ian, etc., I could see people who never heard of BKSOR and people not even interested in pinball wanting to buy this music. And I bet a few of them are happily paying the eBay prices right now along with some of our pinhead fanatics right here.

#1007 4 years ago

Speaking of music downloads, can anyone confirm whether or not you get access to a download of the album if you purchased (or subsequently purcha$$$$ed) the vinyl?

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just ordered a Black Knight Pro yesterday....! I'm finally in the club! Any must have mods?

An upper playfield.

Just KIDDING!!! Both versions are adrenaline-pumping, just-one-more-game fun.

Mods I absolutely had to have were speaker upgrades and the Stern shooter knob (spring strength should not be an issue on the Pro as it has been for some folks on the Premium/LEs.) I also added speaker lights and lighted flipper buttons - each doing a "slow breathing" breathing effect. Went for the real knocker too.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

"Need an upper PF.....You sumbitch!!! haha!!! Those are great ideas. I noticed on my DP premium...the stock speakers weren't too bad. However, with a kickass soundtrack with Black Knight....I may do that.

If you really want great sound, be sure to get the top-of-the-line subwoofer offered by the speaker upgrade vendors above their regular upgraded subwoofer if not already included. Bonus: after installing that on a BKSOR you won't need a shaker motor.

1 week later
#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Shaker is a must.

Not if you have upgraded to a top-of-line subwoofer.

1 week later
#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone actually confirmed a "black nub of death" on a BKSOR instead of blue? Are they available for purchase anywhere?

A quick check of Marco for Part #626-5057-01 (which the manual calls a Bumper Pad) yields this one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5057-01 which looks darker blue in the photo, but still blue nonetheless. There's plenty of different sizes and shapes at both Marco and Pinball Life, but they are all that sore-thumb sky blue.

The closest thing I found in black with a few minutes of poking around is https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24290 but it's for sticking on the back of Gottlieb metal switches, not being used as a playfield bumper.

I'm still considering doing a little precision surgery with a Sharpie scalpel.

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I got it from Cointaker. It’s awesome. It is a shame that this corner was cut. Backboxes should flash and pulse.

I'm thinking about it. But I'm also waiting to get a little more info on this imminent arrival from Pingraffix too: https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/pre-order-bksor-translite

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Side armor[quoted image]

Official Stern or 3rd party?

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Carz5811:

Official Stern

Hmmm. I know the game is "Sword of Rage" but the cabinets of all three versions already have large swords prominently featured on their side artwork. I also fully admit in advance that I have no idea what could have been put on the side armor in lieu of a sword either.

I'm trying to mentally envision this armor installed on each of the 3 BKSOR models. In all 3 cases it will add another sword pointing in the opposite direction at what (to my eye) could be an odd angle on any of them.

On first glance, these also look pretty "thick" to me ("wide" is part of that look, but there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that's making me say "thick" for some reason.)

By contrast, I instantly liked the katana sword side armor for Deadpool the first time I saw it. There's no katana swords that I recall on the cabinet sides, so it brought a new element to the sides of the cabinet. It was also comparatively quite "thin" (in my personal view) thus complementing and enhancing the cabinet side art without competing with it or potentially dominating it; maybe that's where I'm getting my notion of "thick" from.

I'm going to wait until I see pics of them installed on a Pro and a Premium. As much I have some hesitancy on first look, they could just as easily end up conveying a very cool battle clash of "player's sword" versus "Black Knight's sword" when installed given their opposing orientations. So I'm going to wait and see how they ultimately look on a game before ordering them.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Same here.
If you look at DeadPool or Munster side armors, the shapes are way better imo. These ones feel like they hide way too much of the art.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep. While I still want to see a pic (or to-scale rendering) of them mounted on a Pro and a Premium just in case they might look better than I’m envisioning), I’m not leaning toward purchasing these as they stand.

After thinking about it for a while, maybe they could do something with the “rivet motif” and/or the fanged gold skull. That would also complement the Stern custom shooter rod and the recently released skull-fire-and-rivets shooter plate from Tilt Graphics.

Maybe we can convince the Black Knight himself to challenge the team: “Side armor? Forge better!”

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Maybe we can convince the Black Knight himself to challenge the team: “Side armor? Forge better!”

Thinking about it after sleeping on it overnight, here's a couple of ideas for BKSOR that could yield a sleeker/thinner side armor ala Deadpool and Munsters that will protect the area around the flipper buttons and complement the cabinet side art by bringing in an additional element(s) without covering up a broad stretch of it. Combine appropriately/tastefully:

- something with the rivet motif and/or gold fanged skull (as I mentioned before)
- something with fire/fireballs headed toward the player/flipper buttons
- something with castle bricks/gate/drawbridge
- something with lightning bolts like those on the flipper return lanes plastics
- something with the MagnaSave yellow and red ringed circle with the blue/white lightning (could ring the flipper buttons on both sides)
- something with the Black Knight's spiked gauntlet, perhaps poised above the flipper button as if he's about to clamp down on it (mirrored for left/right sides, of course)

Anyone else got some ideas?

The more and more I look at the "plain thick sword" side armor image first posted by @carz5811, the less and less I like it.
I've pretty much decided that I am not buying them if that's what Stern releases for the BKSOR side armor.

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I thought about that idea too.
They could also cut into the black area around the sword "a la Deadpool", but I'm not sure that the shape would be nice.

I agree. I doubt cutting off some of the black would leave an appealing shape too.

[Brief detour: why not make a plastic of the MagnaSave circle + lightning that could be used to actually ring the button on the lockdown bar - clearly creating and indicating a connection between the button and the same spot on the Playfield?]

Might also be able to incorporate the shield somehow.

Or - since it is side *ARMOR* after all - just do a combination of the gold images that appear on the Black Knight’s armor including rivets, lightning bolts, and the shoulder spikes on black metal? In other words: make the BKSOR side armor look like it was cut from the Black Knight’s armor!

#1144 4 years ago

DARK BLACK KNIGHT

Tonight - just to try it - I played BKSOR with all other lights and games in the room turned off. Noticed a couple of things:

1. It's an even bigger blast as the music, animations, call outs and light shows feel more intense, really amping up the adrenaline another notch
2. At several points during various light shows, the playfield very briefly goes almost completely (if not completely) dark
3. The Black Knight's beady little red eyes seem to be laser-aimed and focused directly into my eyeballs

#1 is from the effect of being otherwise surrounded by darkness. You're not really seeing things around you out of the corners of your eyes; it's just you and him (well, OK: the game)

#2 definitely adds an extra challenge to game play. During multiball, for example, losing sight of all the balls very briefly every now and then required even more rapid recalculation/adjustment once the lights came back on and you could see where the balls had gotten to from where they were split seconds ago.

#3 Didn't want to mess with it tonight, but does anyone know if the Black Knight's head is adjustable (like able to be tilted up and down) as a unit or if his LED eyes can be? Never really noticed it/paid much attention to it/felt affected by it when playing in a reasonably well-lit environment, but in the dark the Black Knight on my game seems to have his head/gaze raised up; he's looking at me up through the glass rather than straight ahead ("straight ahead" would technically be at an angle a little below parallel to the playfield since in theory he's watching the pinballs so he can block them with his shield and his flail.)

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Being plastic, I dont think he’s too fussed at what he’s looking at..
Balls, sacks, faces.. he dont give a sh*# just wants to kill it all!

He sure turns into a plastic wuss awfully fast for wanting to kill it all.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yes, I was hoping he would get meaner the further you go.. he starts weeping pretty quick

And while I haven't made it there yet, I'm presuming he suddenly (re-)grows a pair and goes full confident arrogant evil in the final battle. Hard to tell if the effects of all that beer he's been chugging while he was wussing out are kicking in or wearing off by then.

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I too had no preconceived notions about Black Knight as I hadn't played the older versions of it. Game stands alone by itself very well as a title. Lot's of fun to play. This is a very good game and nice to have in a collection.
I'd like to see Stern give a whirl at another original non licensed themed pin. Maybe a really good Space or Western themed one might be cool or some other general interest that might have appeal across the board. I know licensed themes sell, but a good game is a good game. Pick a good topic or theme and execute it well and it will sell.
Enjoying BKSOR. Let's see another neat original themed pin in the future.

Given that I never thought there would ever be another Black Knight pin after Williams got out of the pinball business, perhaps the King is working on a few successors to some of his other non-licensed themes like Flash, Firepower, High Speed, and F-14 Tomcat.

But if the licensing gods are with Steve, perhaps he could convince the powers that be to do a *real* Mortal Kombat pin - because these certainly do NOT count:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/arp9v7/i_came_across_this_vintage_mortal_kombat_pinball/

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know. I gotta believe every LE game that Stern releases with the visible 5.25" speakers and the speaker surrounds were intended to be lit, but cut for cost. Why not pick up better than factory speaker lighting for those LEs?
Individual addressable RGB LED lighting with 358 different color / color transitions and adjustable brightness and speed. These "Deluxe SPIKE 2 - 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" should be listed soon at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com
- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

Gotta say I dig Doug and his Speaker Light Kits! His standard set looks fantastic on my Premium. If I had an LE, this would be first on my list of mods to install. Once you see them in the videos on his website (let alone once you have them in your game) you’ll “forget” that they didn’t come pre-installed from the factory. Great product, great service, great guy.

I also recommend the BriteButtons lighted flipper buttons. I installed blue ones on my Premium. The latest version has an inline control that lets you select the brightness and some effects like blinking. I set mine to the slow pulse effect. To me it adds a nice visual element that is simultaneously beautiful and “intimidating” in that medieval magic sort of way.

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I installed the Black Knight LE kit and it took 15-20 minutes. Not complicated at all.

Don't let the "complication" or number of steps worry you.
Doug is just VERY detailed in his instructions because he wants to ensure that you don't have any problems and that it works from the very first time you power the game on after installation.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Got a few games in. So much fun with the 6 ball multiball.
My only gripe is that I’d say about 40-50% of the time on a SOLID right flipper shot up the flail lane, the ball “rejects” when it hits the scoop where it should go onto the upper field, and rockets back down (often draining SDTM). Seems unfair and not right. I saw SR’s post about checking for screws sticking up, but I don’t see or feel any doing that.

I’ve gotten my ration of those same rejections. Nothing seems to be affecting the ball on my game. Checked the ramp and it all seems smooth. No alignment problems that I could see on the scoop end. Even played it with the sound turned way down to listen for any signs of the ball rattling or hitting something. Every time it happens to me, it at least seems to be because my shot ultimately didn’t have quite enough oomph to make it - like when I used to play miniature golf and the ball wouldn’t make it up a loop-de-loop and then would come zooming back to the tee mat.

I’ve also gotten at least as many flail ramp shots in which the ball “vanishes” for about 3-5 seconds and then slowly comes back into view up top and finally plops onto the upper playfield like a dead weight - as if I shot it at the precise minimum speed that would still get the ball up there. It always pleasantly catches me off guard as I prepare for the drain rocket that doesn’t happen.

I’ve concluded that it’s all a combination of intentionally “evil” game design (you know: the good kind of evil) coupled with the Black Knight using his magic powers. I used to think that it was just the Black Knight’s sword that had magic in it but then I realized that he has magic powers himself: it finally dawned on me that I’ve watched him conjure up extra balls out of thin air right in front of my eyes on many occasions but never connected the dots.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Thanks for the info and experience. I dunno...seems like something isn’t quite right. I mean, my right flipper shots are SLAMMING up there. Plenty of force. To me it almost seems like the ball knicks or spins into something from having tTOO much force maybe? Or there’s just something it’s hitting that I haven’t seen yet. I played with the glass off for a half hour and manually tossed the ball up the ramp but couldn’t conclude anything. I’ll explore some more when I have time and it isn’t 4am lol

You're, welcome, @ezatnova. And I'm certainly not saying that you aren't having an issue with something causing so many of those rocket drains from the flail ramp. It's entirely possible that your issue is an extreme case of my barely-makes-it experience. I've had plenty of solid shots go through to the UP as one would expect and a tolerable amount of rocket drain rejections - but then there's those barely-makes-it shots I get - which I started wondering more about after reading your post.

In your case, something could very easily be in the way or mis-positioned in a way resulting in your rocket rejections. But perhaps the same obstruction on my game just happens to be wide enough to allow the ball through once the full weight of the ball rests on it and gravity works on it for a couple of seconds. Because when I have a barely-made-it ball plop onto the UP, it has no momentum at all.

I'll stay tuned because once you identify what is causing your rocket drains, I'll want to look at the same thing on my game. There's probably a good chance that I've overlooked the issue on my game since I could plausibly be causing it with my shots and because the pathway looks and acts "normal" every time I've sent a ball through it in gameplay or by hand.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This is a great game, but the code needs a bit more depth. Are they still working on adding to this game?
I'd love to see some more minions and monsters.

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more code updates. There have been plenty of tweaks and suggestions here since 1.00 was released, Tim undoubtedly already had/has his own list of things he wants to address in the next code release, and I have a very good feeling that the game team as a whole is far from exhausting their creative talents in regard to surprising us with some new features as time goes on.

More minions and monsters would be great and I'm all in favor of it as an owner, but I also want to first and foremost recognize and acknowledge the heavy lift of the additional work it would create for the art team.

That said, it would be extremely interesting and add more depth if there was a second monster in each of the Black Knight's lands. The lands themselves are pretty much set in stone because they're on the lightning wheel. For example, in addition to the Lich Lords in the frozen wasteland (the name I made up for it right here on the spot; nothing "official"), there could be an "Abominable Ice Man" or something. And with two monsters in each land, you do the current set leading up to the first black castle and the others in the second set. Or, to make it a little more interesting, have the game randomly pick which monster you'll face when you enter that land - and have different shot objectives/completion requirements for monsters in the same land just to vary the game each time through - even leading up to your first black castle.

Otherwise, more minions and monsters sprinkled throughout the game either with specific features attached to them or just for more visual accents and effects in the display would be great too. One last suggestion in that regard: I'm surprised that there aren't more skeletons prominently appearing in the display. The end of game match sequence is excellent. The one with the flamethrower voiced by Ed Robinson is excellent too. It also sounds like at least one skeleton has some callouts (Ed again? Saying "I'm the leader of the boneheads!", "We must stop them from getting to our master", etc.), but they otherwise don't seem to play much of a foreground role given that Mr. Meanness has a whole army of them.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We are doing a soft launch for our flipper toppers. We will list them here in our pinside shop today. The web site will have them by Sunday night. Kits come with the black flipper cover and our metal cast swords. Black mask overly install is optional but it really makes the swords pop.
Orders placed here on pinside will ship by Monday.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Had a particularly bloody battle against Mr. Meanness this evening using the HOOKED flipper toppers.

First test install; just experimenting ... easy enough to undo/redo.
My apologies for the bad shadows, reflections and jitters in the quickly-snapped pictures - they look much better in person.
Still, a work in progress.

Lower (resized).jpgLower (resized).jpgUpper (resized).jpgUpper (resized).jpg
#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any word on the topper yet?

Only "new thing" I recently spotted is that if you check out Pingame Journal's BKSOR Behind the Curtain video:

you'll hear Tim mention the topper - and get a glimpse of it in early development (scrub ahead to 16:25 and watch for it in a few seconds. But the entire video is really worth watching, so be sure you do!) Looks like more LED flames coming on both sides of what I presume will be an animated 3D Black Knight head per Steve's comments a good while ago. This one is definitely on my to-buy list if they continue along those lines.

Haven't heard much about the side armor in a while either. Then again, I hope that's because they're redesigning it. Those first pics looked like they were phoned in and were not appealing to me at all, thus they are definitely not on my to-buy list.

#1238 4 years ago

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here that I recall, so I'll just ask (and ask advance forgiveness if I missed it): does everyone's Knight raise and lower his shield three times at the new game start - just on Player 1, Ball 1 - regardless of how many credit were rung up/players will be playing? Mine does, but that's the only time it happens.

I never really thought much about it before but it's suddenly begun getting on my nerves ... to the point that I started wondering if it is NOT supposed to do that and I might have something wacky going on. If it is intentional, is it being done as an effect to make the Knight appear "threatening" or "ready to fight the player(s)" at game start and/or demonstrate to the potential first time player that the shield raises and lowers? Seems to be three unnecessary rapid wear-increasing firings of the shield up/down mechanism if it is being done on purpose.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Mine does that. I never noticed it before latest code update tho. I thought it was only when you first boot the machine and start a game. But yeah, pretty sure it's intentional so the knight look intimidating.

Yes: only after power-on with the first press of the start button that starts a game - I wasn't very clear (headed) when I posted that last (k)night.

Glad to know it is intentional and there's nothing wrong with my game, but I personally think it's another candidate to add to the list of suggested adjustments so owners and operators can enable/disable it as they prefer.

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm already seeing bubbling around the posts around the center ramp. It'll eventually chip off, I'm sure.[quoted image]

Pro, Premium or LE?

If others see this, post your model too. It may provide some (hopefully and admittedly) small data we can analyze as to what, where and/when it is/was happening.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Nice,probably one of the only newer stern/jjp that i really want,the knight is one of the coolest toys in pinball history

I agree.

That also made me think of a question about something that is, while obvious, not something I thought about before.

The BK on BKSOR has two devices in one toy that interacts with pinballs: his flail and his shield. I’m calling the BK *one* toy because it would not make much sense for a standalone flail and/or a standalone shield to exist on the game without someone wielding them, thus creating two toys. I’m also not counting the standup bash target as something that interacts with the ball as part of the BK toy because it is not a “device” made more or less exclusively for one particular game.

Also one “device” may actually do more than one game-affecting thing in and of itself, but it still counts as only one device. For example, the flail can spin in both directions as well as stop in open or closed positions. I’m still counting it as just one device. The shield can be bashed and used to slam the ball back at you when down, or raised to shoot behind it, but again it’s just one device. But both devices are part of the BK toy, so the BK toy has two devices in one toy.

Rudy on Funhouse is one toy with one device: his mouth is either closed so you can bash it or open so you can shoot into it. Yes, Rudy’s eyes open, close and follow the ball around the game, but they do not affect your gameplay (well, as long as that doesn’t creep you out so much that you can’t focus.) In other words, if Rudy’s eyes stopped working, no shots on the game would be affected.

With those definitions/parameters, what other games have “one toy” that has more than one device which directly affects gameplay? I’m not saying there aren’t any; rather I’m looking for help to think of others so I miss as few as possible.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Most "toys" do only do one thing which is another thing that makes the knight such a great toy but rudy does have a hideout in the back of his head and the open and closed mouth situation so rudy is pretty damn cool,another amazing game as well,Ill scratch my head about toys cause now you got me thinkin..

Rudy is incredibly cool - no doubt about that. But I’ve never considered the hideout to be a part of Rudy since a head is not something that would realistically have a “hideout.” I’ve always considered the hideout to be a secret place that Rudy goes to when he feels he needs to, but for obvious reasons never actually happens during the game ... the player just stumbles upon it with a skill shot or slow rolling orbit shot. A flail and a shield OTOH are two things that would quite often be used together by a knight and thus it makes sense that a knight toy could, would and now does have both.

The closest thing that’s crossed my mind so far is the castle on Medieval Madness. I’m specifically thinking of the drawbridge and the gate/portcullis. On the one hand, you have to open both before you can destroy the next castle; if either or both are not working, you cannot shoot into the castle (I don’t own the game nor have I seen it happen, but I presume the game compensates when either or both are disabled.) OTOH, they both protect the same shot, so their effect on gameplay isn’t really different even though their opening and closing motions are different. I don’t count the collapsing towers as a device for discussion purposes here since again they don’t effect/alter the actual shots in the game.

Way too tired to think more about it now. Time to sleep on it.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The knight is great, one of my favorite pins ever but so far Rudy is still the best.

And I think a big reason for that is that Rudy has a large mechanically expressive personality whereas the knight looks and speaks at the player with LEDs. I'm not knocking the knight for this - I think that choice was perfect given what the team was creating (imagine if instead of the flail and the shield we had a knight's big head on the playfield and you bashed his face piece to open it and shoot into his helmet = why? + ugh! + WTF?)

Rudy is a classic ventriloquist's figure. Rudy's head is a 100% faithful replication of how an actual ventriloquist's figure's head looks and how its jaw moves. Shooting a ball into his mouth to (at least temporarily) shut him up makes total sense. And given his personality, he makes you *want* to do that. Perfect. (This is also why I was not fond of Red and Ted in Roadshow - while it was great to see two physical "Rudy relatives" on a game, I had no desire to bash them with pinballs or shoot pinballs into their mouths to temporarily shut them up ... well, OK: not until after I played it a few times.)

But back to BKSOR:

- Eagerly awaiting more details and updates on the topper

- Anyone heard anything more about what's going on with the side armor? The photos of the ones that were posted a while back look like Stern phoned it in. While BKSOR themed, IMHO they didn't complement the game very well at all and they were something I would definitely NOT purchase if released like that. Hopefully they went back to the drawing board (literally) and are working something much more worthy of the game and our dollars.

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

u left out incredibly creepy. Rudy's best character attribute.

That kinda goes without saying (so I didn't) as I think all ventriloquist's figures are incredibly creepy.
But Rudy most certainly tops them all.

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've spent quite a bit of time with my Black Knight (Pro) since buying it. I hope there are more code changes in the works and thought I'd post a few things I see as bugs or feature improvements.

Improvements
-----------------
- Soft call outs drastically minimised and/or ability to switch off completely. These happen way to much. They start at only the third realm. I almost want to list it as a bug since they are so frequent at this point. It's still a few boses away from the castle yet the Black Knight becomes incredibly soft only mid way through the journey. I don't mind the idea of them as a bit of an easter egg or joke right at the end. But it completely kills the bad ass image of the Black Knight to be cracking so early and so fast.

I've called for it to be an adjustment ever since it was activated and released in the latest code. Some people like it, some people don't. Both are fine. In fact, as someone firmly in the latter camp, I'd love to be able to switch the setting every once in a while to make some of my more frequent player-guests do a double take ala "What did he just say?"

But IMHO and from the overall perspective of the game and the Black Knight character I grew to know and hate (love!), Mr. Ritchie making the Black Knight wimp out at any point in the game is like George Lucas making Greedo shoot first.

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I hope they introduce an adult setting to the knight taunts

Like I said a couple of months ago: create a KNIGHT PERSONA adjustment and give us the option choices of HUMOROUS, TRADITIONAL EVIL, and SAMUEL L. JACKSON.
(I think Amazon read the latter suggestion and ran with it!)

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

This would be the same SR that put F bombs and other profanity deep into AC⚡️DC code lol

I have the profanity ROM in my T2 - just one Ahnuld call-out that I know of and only in Free Play mode ("F-you, a-hole" in the database/mystery award and you get nothing.) I installed that ROM just a few months after I bought the game NIB back in 1991 (my very first ever NIB.)

That obviously pre-dates Pinball Browser. So does anyone know if this was a SR "approved" ROM, or did the programmers do it with his (initial) knowledge?

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This would work as well for me. I just hate that such a great dark themed pin with that kind of thrash style music has the moronic sounding, bad humor pinball call out crap. I have my speech basically att to the point its inaudible but it affects other speech that I want to hear. So either i wish they would give u the option to choose ur style or shut it off. So many great pins are plagued with this.

I was about to bolt my BKSOR to the floor when they activated these call outs in the code release.

If indeed he blesses the wussy Black Knight as the knight's permanent and only persona, then it's quite clear that Steve Ritchie has irrevocably gone full-George Lucas and created his pinball version of Greedo shoots first. Very sad. Because we all know that's just a gateway to him creating his pinball version of Jar Jar.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

A couple sources said theyre not done with the code.

So how then? The only change I made to get it my game was to swap ROMs.

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You all are so dramatic. If it's so offensive to you just use pinball browser and dupe / change / delete the callouts you don't like.
It c :-)an't just be "I don't like the callouts" it has to be Steve Ritchie ruined my childhood and has IRREVOCABLY used humor in a way that makes my eyes rain because the black knight belongs to all of us and when he used to say give me your money it was funny scary not funny haha.
How dare he alter the rich and deep canon of the world of the black knight.

I didn't buy the game with humorous knight call outs. I bought the traditional evil knight as Stern advertised it and as they initially delivered.
But then - after letting us be thrilled with the evil knight that many of us came to know and love - they go and activate the surprise wuss knight whose callouts were already sitting dormant in the game and they do not give us the option to adjust it as a factory setting. You wouldn't be very happy if Christopher Nolan replaced Christian Bale's Batman with Adam West's Batman in The Dark Knight and proclaimed that this is his Batman now - anymore than most people where when Joel Schumacher actually did exactly that to Tim Burton's Batman.

I don't buy NIB games so I can use Pinball Browser to change them back to the game the way it was advertised and that I thought I bought. If the next day you jump into your Chevy Corvette and discovered that it now permanently had the horsepower of a Chevy Spark after your most recent oil change, I imagine you'd be just a little upset. Had you known your Corvette was going to do that, you never would have bought it. That totally applies here and that's how many of us feel. But you're clearly NOT able to comprehend our position as a valid one.

You're also still not able to understand that we are NOT advocating that the humor go away. We totally get that there are folks who love it. And that's fine. So make it an adjustment and everyone is happy.

Sorry that you think Greedo shoots first is the better canon. But gee: at least we have the option to watch whichever version each of us prefers now, don't we?

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Play better, give me your money

"Give me your money" is originally from Black Knight 2000.

1 week later
#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I love it. Where is that from? Nothing yet even on Stern Insider. I was actually worried the Black Knight topper would be delayed after all the problems with the Munsters topper.

Gary Stern personally pointed it out in his opening remarks at the beginning of the Pinball Expo Stern Factory Tour this morning. It was on top of the game in the Stern Arcade area where they have playable samples of their latest games. Gary said this was the FIRST one completed. I was also told that they are really trying to get it into production in time for folks to have one before Christmas. The Black Knight's head moves UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT!!!

Other good news: I also heard from another a very high-placed Stern source that an adjustment for the amount of cowering in the Black Knight's callouts is coming in the next code update. There will be two options you can choose from that basically make the BK cower quickly or not until much later. And oh yeah: there will be a third setting that keeps him totally evil throughout - no cowering at all. Everybody wins!!!

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sounds good if they kill the jokes as part of that I'll be a happy little camper.

No, that's NOT part of it - That's ALL of it!!! If you don't want the BK turning into a wuss sooner or later but staying evil the entire time, you (we) will have exactly that option in this new adjustment.

I actually plan to let some of my regular guests (none of whom I have had over to play my game yet) get used to the totally evil knight but then after a few visits to play, I'll secretly switch him to wuss out ... and then watch them all do "What did he say?" double-takes while initially trying to convince them they're hearing things. Then I'll fess up when I can't up the ruse any longer!

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Didn’t I see a BKsor topper on one of the two BK games in the Marco/Stern room? The ones just inside the door?

That's because the only "complete" BKSOR topper that currently exists is the one on top of the Premium in the Stern Arcade at the factory. The art may or may not be finalized at this point, but I was told that the code is still growing; the BK will minimally react even more during gameplay by the time the topper is produced and orders are taken - and who knows what else these ingenious pin geniuses will get it to do by then?

Once more: they are hoping to have the toppers ready so folks can order, receive and install them by Christmas.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Have you seen or heard anything on the side armors?

Side armor is live for ordering on Stern's website:

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/black-knight-side-armor

I'd like to see a pic of it installed on all three models. But right now I'm not feeling it.

[Unrelated: the lit mosquito-in-amber shooter knob for JP is also live ... looks pretty neat.]

BlackKnightArmor-01_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).JPGBlackKnightArmor-01_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).JPG
#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m not sure about that armor, but the shooter rod looks bad ass.

The shooter rod is indeed very badass - and even more so since it's facing the right way when a player looks at it; it's not upside down like the stormtrooper helmet or baby Groot shooters.

But Stern really needs to post pics of the armor installed on all three models. At the moment, they way I'm envisioning it will look on a game is not taking me anywhere close to purchasing it. I'm certainly keeping open the possibility that once I see it installed on a game I may change my mind - but that opening for changing my mind to a purchase is getting narrower with every passing day.

2 weeks later
#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone heard anything about topper ship date? My wife wants to get me it for xmas and she keeps asking me when it will be available?

None that I have heard since Pinball Expo: Steve, Tim and team are working to have it available for purchase so folks will receive it by Xmas - exactly what you and I and I’m sure many more are hoping happens too. It will be released in tandem with the next code update.

IMHO I would have been happy if I could have bought the one I saw at Expo as is. But Steve and Tim had no intention of leaving it at that for us BKSOR owners; they’re recording more (new!) call outs and creating additional animation effects and synchronizations to ensure that the BKSOR topper is the topper of all toppers. I think Steve, Tim and the team intend to create a fourth level of awesome for Steve Ritchie games - i just don’t know what they’ll call the level that comes after “biggest.”

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I really want those, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take off the upper playfield to install them.

I think they look great too, but would they fit on a Premium/LE given the upper playfield?

#1550 4 years ago

IMHO, if you’re a player with good nudging skills and/or you don’t mind the game playing tougher on the upper playfield, then leave it off. Otherwise, swap it in.

But because it is such a simple thing, you can easily switch it either way whenever you want. So maybe you like it always playing tough upstairs, but when you have a pinball party at your place you want to make the game a smidge easier for players at a more modest skill level.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

nope. takes about 30 seconds.

Exactly - it's all "right on top" of everything.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t notice my upper playfield being any “easier” since installing it. If anything It gives you a new wait time after a loop shot.

The big thing it does is bump the ball coming around the loop or from the VUK more toward the upper flipper than the game normally does without it. For me, that makes the game/upper playfield easier. Your mileage may vary.

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Just joined the Club!......#538 LE
Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot? I feel like I have to crank it for it to go down. Maybe its like scoleri brothers in Ghostbusters and need to tighten up the spring? then once I get to the VUK it just shoots it straight to the drain on the upper playfield, making it useless to go for that shot to get to the upper playfield.[quoted image]

Do you have the "bump" enhancement installed? And does it still drain directly with that enhancement in place?

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

therudyb - How does one go about getting this kit? Is it a “call Stern” scenario or will our distributor get it on our behalf by asking them?

You can do either and get it for free. Or pay $2.99 plus shipping and get it faster from Pinball Life (hopefully with the extra hole needed already drilled it by now that mine didn’t have several months ago.) Or if you want something even faster, look at the pictures of it online and just wedge a spare star post or something in there to create a similar bump in the same spot in the rubber ring.

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

No not yet, it’s coming the mail. That should help it though hey?

Yep!

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Finally found a pro with the help of a fellow pinsider. How do people feel about a shaker in it? Meh? or F Yeah?

My personal rule for adding a shaker motor to my games is to ask if a shaker motor enhances the game's theme and further brings you into the game's world when you play. So games like Earthshaker (obviously), Twister, etc.: Is there anything in the theme that might cause the ground and/or the surrounding area to shake/quake/rattle/rumble/vibrate? So WWF Royal Rumble counts - not because of the word "rumble" in its name but because stomping, bodyslams, etc. cause a wrestling ring to shake. Games where car engines are regularly revving and bombs are frequently exploding are some more great examples. I would also put a shaker motor in any Jurassic Park game because of approaching T-Rex's steps, etc.

So all of that said, I haven't put a shaker in my BKSOR (and likely won't) because I'm still not seeing many (if any) places where a shaking effect would make $100 worth of sense to me. It makes no sense to me (again: in my personal opinion) for a game to just shake for no apparent, well-integrated reason. Plus I did the speaker+subwoofer upgrades because of the soundtrack, so I already have a well-integrated shaker motor! (When it comes to rock band/heavy metal games, get/add the top-of-line speaker and subwoofer upgrades. Trust me on this: you won't NEED a shaker motor after that upgrade.)

So for BKSOR, my $0.02 is to put the shaker dollars towards the sound system upgrades instead.

1 week later
#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Stern goes out of their way to piss off their fans.

Also realize that there is a grand total of just 23 minutes of music on the album. *Not* 23 minutes per side - 23 minutes of music altogether.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m glad I have it. But if you were/are expecting a more traditional/full length album, you’ll be disappointed.

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

BTW, the vinyl released yesterday is different from the SDCC version.

Do you have a track list and/or play times? Other than being orange instead of baby blue, I haven’t heard that there’s anything different between the two editions.

#1682 4 years ago

The vinyl color and the number produced is the difference.

Cost of attending Comic-Con and subsequent eBay prices notwithstanding, price is another difference: the orange one costs $5.99 more than the original blue one did.

But speaking for myself since I’m only interested in the music, none of those makes a difference to me.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:I don't even have a turn table. Doubt I will ever open it. I will display it on the wall in my game room and pass it along with the machine in a couple of years when I sell it. To me this should have come with the LEs in the first place...

You really ought to open it - it comes with a code for a digital download of the music inside.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Us who actually listen to them want standard black.

And it is the BLACK Knight, after all - not the Cyan Knight or the Pumpkin Knight.

#1691 4 years ago

So they shouldn’t advertise a product they’re selling that’s not been released to the mass public?

It's not about advertising a product they’re selling that’s not been released to the mass public - it's about them setting expectations in the minds of their customers. Whether they realize they are/were doing it or not, something touted as a "Black Knight Friday" announcement/sale for the traditional Black Friday elevates expectations in their customers - particularly when those customers have been waiting for announcements of enhancements and additional products to go with what they have already purchased.

Exercise: Imagine if you've been waiting until the holidays to buy a new TV at WalMart. Then when you get to the store/website on Black Friday, you discover that instead of insanely good doorbuster prices on TVs, they opt to sell their TVs at the regular price, but throw in an exclusive limited edition R2D2 or Darth Vader (your choice!)-themed universal remote with every TV sold for free. How would you feel? But point taken: Star Wars collectors might very well buy two TVs from WalMart that day just to ensure they get one of each of the limited edition remotes.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That's not how much it is, that's the star wars topper. BKSoR is $430ish.

And for that price, the Star Wars topper better do more than just have R2D2 twist his head, blip and bleep. Odd that Stern hasn't posted them on its website as of this writing. Official announcement days be damned - this is the run up to Xmas: get all the orders (and $$$) you can! Plus we'd all love to have our toppers BEFORE Xmas so we can have them up and running on our games FOR Xmas.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Does anyone have any practical experience using the Quiet Fan Mod?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html
Just got my BKSOR Premium on Friday and boy, I now see (hear) what you guys are talking about in regards to loud fan noise. Curious to know if the above fan works well and since it's spinning a tad slower (and for longer periods) if there are any backbox temperature issues with it or premature burning out if it has to run longer.

This looks to be the same kit from PinMonk. Well worth the price and effort. So see:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/7#post-5295307

And as I said over there:
=====
I have been very remiss in adding my big thanks and appreciation for PinMonk's kit as well which I installed many months ago.

I did the entire switch out on my BKSOR in 20 minutes - 10 minutes of which was just being extra careful clearing enough of the goo holding the original fan connector wire in place.

Don't let the instructions intimidate you at all - they are just very detailed, well-written and clear. Do one "panel" of the instructions at a time; it goes way faster than it reads.

After installing it, my Black Knight has never again sounded like he's periodically blow-drying his hair, vacuuming, and leaving on his private Boeing 747.
=====

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

Question about installing this fix. How does the 5th post attach to the playfield? Do you have to drill a hole for it? Is it just held in place by the whole on the new plastic piece?

Just from the new plastic. Try it and you’ll see how it works.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

My distributor asked me for 200$ in advance, but didn't have the final price.

Is that $200 deposit refundable if you don’t like the final price?

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don‘t know US/ Canadian law but here without a final price you can‘t close a final buying contract.
So in my opinion it has to be completely refundable.

That's what I would expect, @DS_Nadine, but it seems odd that a distributor would offer a pre-order and actually take a deposit without stating the final price up front. I've pre-ordered lots of things with a deposit, but I always knew the price before transmitting my deposit payment - including for my BKSOR Premium.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You mean just not shipping the topper yet? Cuz it looks like the best topper in modern pinball.
As far as code I'll say two things. I don't know if he's in charge as far as these things but Tim hasn't released incremental code updates with this game in the way it happens with most stern titles. We've gotten what, 3 big-ish code updates? 4? Most titles get semi-weekly updates the first few months they're out. So maybe he's saving up for a big one.
Point two: less popular games get less attention. There's plenty of options for animation updates, additions, and code expansions but with the way people just don't seem to be digging this game as much as myself and many of you I am a bit pessimistic as to how much more they're going to put into it. I hope I'm wrong and there's going to be a lot in there along with the topper update. As somebody that loves the classics I think this game is an A-1 top titties marriage of classic brutality and modern smoothness but the rest of the pinball community ignores it and is enamored with generic dinosaurs I just can't seem to get into for some reason.
I really want to love JP3 but it just doesn't click. At all. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills the way people are throwing praise at it.

Amen to all of that.

I think there will be at least a modicum of renewed interest in BKSOR once the topper gets out there. And I bet there will be a number of folks who passed on BKSOR up to this point who will now decide to buy a game to go with this incredible topper as opposed to the usual sequence of buying the topper to go with their game.

IMHO, the package is already an excellent integration of theme, music and play. But adding this topper to it will increase the experience (at least for me) by another level of magnitude.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Don't ask me how I know, but don't expect the topper by Christmas. The Star Wars topper has taken priority in the production queue.

Would have been nice to have it for Xmas but having the ~ $450 worth of extra spending leeway available over these next 2 weeks won’t hurt me either.

But no topper by Xmas likely means no code update by Xmas either since topper integration will be a major component of the next release.

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im getting ready to buy my second pin and am waiting on the new stern announcement. But after watching a lot of gameplay of black knight I am really torn. This game looks awesome. I love the theme and the idea of a brutally hard pin. I havent gone thru the whole thread but whats the consensus on pro vs premium? Im not a huge fan of secondary playfields. But if the premium is better I am ok spending the money.

For me, the ability to stack Triple Knights' Challenge multiball and Catapult Multiball to earn an in-game non-wizard mode 6-ball multiball alone made the Premium worth it for me. Plus I liked the art package on the Premium the best out of the three - and it's the only one of the three where the Black Knight is brandishing the Sword of Rage on the backglass. While I like the translite/mirrored backglass on the other two and I know the big thing on the playfield is the flail, the game is named Black Knight Sword of Rage, not Black Knight Flail of Rage.

I've played the Pro and it's great too (LE is pretty much the same as the Premium except for cosmetics.) They are each great in their own ways. If there's any way you can go someplace and play a Pro and a Premium/LE for about 30 minutes each before placing your order, you'll be glad you did as that will ensure you get the one you like the best.

#1760 4 years ago

And if there are things you like about the LE over the others, you can add a lot of the same stuff later (like a shaker motor) for less than the cost of the LE.

#1765 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks to the above and good advise. none of my main spots around me(im in NJ) have a black night yet. So I need to find someplace to try it out. Might just need to make an appointment at distributers showroom

If you can try them in a distributor's showroom, by all means do it. That way you'll be playing games that are far closer to what you'll get NIB than by finding ones on location that may not have had the best upkeep - even if it's not initially visible. You don't want someone's lack of attentive maintenance tainting your opinions of any or all models. Distributors are far more likely to have very well-functioning and well-maintained games to play on their display floor since it will hurt their sales if they don't.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

The thing is Stern NEVER promised anything or made official announcement that Black Knight SoR topper would be delivered or available to ppl for X-mas (unless i missed something). The only thing stated by S. Ritchie was they HOPED to get it ready for X-mas and that's all.
All in all they can't be blamed or take the piss for something that was never announced in the first place.

That's exactly, precisely, unequivocally spot-on correct.

The grumbling (mine included) stems from Stern teasing "Black Knight Friday" and then only releasing a second pressing of the soundtrack album on a different color wax.

Traditional Black Friday instantly creates thoughts and images of big doorbuster announcements and discounts. Given that so many of us have been absolutely drooling for the topper since images and video of it were released at Pinball Expo in October (me too: I was one of the many who first saw it on the Stern tour) and the new code that would be released to go along with it (topper integration plus many other new game features), it was impossible for us NOT to presume it would be released that day. And it was impossible NOT for us to grumble when our expectations were dashed.

But as gkralicek noted: Steve, Tim and the team only said they were working TOWARD and HOPED that it would be ready in time for folks to order and receive by Xmas.

In the end, while slightly disappointed because of the whole Xmas-present thing, I'm happy to wait. The BKSOR topper is clearly quite far along and we've already seen something close to its final physical package if not already the final physical package itself. I'd rather they take their time and make it the best topper of all time from an operational/game play integration standpoint as well as physically.

Compare where we are with the BKSOR topper with where the Star Wars topper crowd was with their topper nine months after their game's release. Then compare what we are going to get with what those fine actually folks got after all the intervening time. And we're going to have ours in far less time.

So again, I'm happy to wait for the best BKSOR topper possible. That said, please hurry up!!!

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

My wife emailed Stern today about the topper. Their response was, it goes into production in two weeks so there you go. She got a response right away, probably because it wasn't playfield related LOL.

Well, Christmas is 2 weeks from today. Perhaps they'll start production that week and maybe even open it up to place orders ... maybe even in time for another reason to celebrate New Year's Eve. But that's a lot of perhaps maybes, so I'm hoping for it but not counting on it.

Regardless, we know it's still not that far off in the grand scheme of things.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Dang!!! I just went to order this and it is sold out! Crap.

There are already several on eBay for $100+.

1 week later
#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So, has anyone actually gone ahead and installed a second magna-save button in the side of the cabinet like science and Jebus intended?
I'm thinking of doing it to my pro. Sorry if someone did and I missed it.

For those of us tall enough and gutsy enough, it's much better where it is - we can quickly activate Magna-Save at anytime without ever taking our fingers off the flipper buttons: we just briefly lean over and into the game a little more from our regular stance.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Couple hundred games in on my LE and I'm yet to walk away from a game having the shits with the position of the magna save button. It may be better next to the left flipper button but I don't see a big enough problem to warrant moving it.

Stern didn't seem to have a problem putting 2 extra flipper buttons on the cabinet for Munsters Premium and LE, so it's not like they couldn't put a second one on the right side of the cabinet for BKSOR Magna-Save. That said, I personally like the challenge of it - not only for having to move a hand (if not a gut) to hit the center button for Magna-Save, but also to unlearn the reaching for it on the side that has been drilled into me over many years playing BK2K.

Simply put, I see it as an "in this game, something that used to be there is now over here" - sorta like what happens on every playfield of every pin (the blatant rip-offs notwithstanding.)

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Was really hoping I'd get the damned topper already!

Yeah, it would have been nice to get the topper and the updated code by now, but if it means even better actions and integration of the topper along with some additional features in the code beyond what we already know will be included, I can wait.

IMHO, it sure looks like the BKSOR topper is already infinitely better and much closer to release than the Star Wars topper was at this point after that game’s release. And if Stern sticks to the pre-announced price, we’ll be getting a lot more in the BKSOR topper for a lot le$$. While I’d probably bite the co$t bullet and find a budgetary way to buy the Star Wars topper if I had the game, I’d still be pretty disappointed in what i got for what I paid for that one.

#1854 4 years ago

Has anyone purchased the BKSOR side armor from Stern? If so, would you folks be so kind as to post some pics of it installed on your game? Or link to an image of them installed on someone else's game? I still haven't found a pic of the side armor installed on any model.

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I found these online and figured id share. I’d like to see em on a pro, but It’s already got a large sword on the side so..
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for tracking those pics down, @tilted81.

As I feared, at least to my tastes, they don’t do it for me at all. I hate to say it, but it’s like they phoned this one in. All three cabinets already have swords on them - all pointing towards the player. Plus the side armor sword creates a visually strange angle with the cabinet swords as I see it.

Oh well. On the plus side, with money I’m saving on the side armor now, I’m only $179.01 away from the $429.00 I need for the topper - presuming they stick to this price initially floated to the distributors.

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

On another topic, I'd tried installing Hooked flipper swords without the decals under them, and after 1-2 shot of flipper, they all went out in outer space. Any idea how to make them stick correctly? Should I just install the decals to create a sticky surface? It seems my flippers are too slippery.

Get this tape. I got a roll at my local hardware store. Amazon also has it for less than $5 a roll.

It's not thin like normal double-sided tape, but at only 0.042" thick it works fine. With or without the decals, I've never had a problem with the swords flying off the flippers after mounting them with this stuff several months ago.

Procedure:

1. Unroll and trim off a piece that's just a few millimeters less than the length of a sword.
2. Scrape off the adhesive already on the sword.
3. Peel off one side of the film, exposing one of the sticky sides of this piece of the tape.
4. Carefully align and press a sword onto the sticky side so that just that small amount of the sword's handle and tip hang over the edge of the tape.
5. Using an X-acto knife or other fine blade carefully trim around the sword to remove the excess. You may want to trim at a slight angle to cut away a little bit beneath the sword so you don't have the tape visible at the edges of a sword (that's why I suggested making the piece a little shorter than a sword - that takes care of any excess at the end of the handle or the tip.)
6. You now have a Hooked Flipper Sword ready to install atop a flipper.
7. To install just peel off the now sword-shaped tape backing.

Be VERY CAREFUL to get your alignment correct BEFORE pressing the sword onto the flipper!!! While you can remove it by carefully running a piece of piano wire or some such under the sword any time you want, this stuff really does hold upto 50 lbs. of stuff as advertised in its regular uses. I suggest holding the sword between your thumb and forefinger with both hands - one hand holding the tip and the other holding the ends of the hilt. "Hover" the sword with both hands like this slightly above the flipper to determine your placement - and be sure you're looking STRAIGHT DOWN at the sword over the flipper because viewing it at an angle can fool you. Then gently lower the sword into place and press it down.

Hope folks find this as useful as I have.
T-Rex Tape (resized).pngT-Rex Tape (resized).png

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Did you had the decals installed? I've seen many pictures of people using them with decals and they look fine.
And yeah, I had the "brilliant" idea to use better glue to make them stick and same result. Went flying after 1-2 shots. Thing is, now I have glue residu on all my flippers and I need a way to hide that. Flipper decals? of give another shot to hook with decals?...

Get some acetone, Goof-Off, Goo Gone, etc. It took me a while to recover from my similar attempt, but with a little patience you can remove that residue. Once the flippers are smooth again, try the tape solution I just posted.

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I have tried goo gone after the incident, but not for very long. What did you rub the flipper with (cloth)?, any suggestion? I used super glue.

I can't remember what brand of superglue I used in my eventual learning experience, but whatever it was it took a lot of patience and time to finally get all of the residue off. A lot of that was motivated by my fear of chemically damaging the flipper bat itself, but fortunately it was never affected.

But in order to get it all off, I ended up using Goof-Off, Goo Gone and straight acetone in a rotation until the residue was all gone. I'd soak a Q-tip in the one that was up in the rotation, carefully smear the residue with the tip of the Q-Tip, let it sit for a few moments, and then start working on it with a Scrub Daddy (available all over the place; I found mine at the same place that I got the T-Rex tape from.) It was stiff enough to work, but soft enough not to scratch the flipper bats. But it took repeated round-robin chemical applications and firmness using the Scrub Daddy to get it all off.

Another big tip: be sure to hold the tip of the flipper bat up with the thumb and forefinger of the hand you're not scrubbing with and/or find a suitably thick but non-abrasive piece of something you can use as a shim to keep the flipper bat level when you're scrubbing away. Again: don't expect to get all the residue off in a couple of minutes. It's not like it will take an hour (of actual scrubbing time), but don't give up if you don't see a whole bunch of it come off in an application or two.

One more observation: once clear progress was being made during the removal, I found that the straight acetone was doing a much better job than the Goo-x products, so when the residue on a flipper was about half gone, I just used the acetone to finish it up.

Quoted from Bagdad:

They have this tape in stock in a store nearby, I Wonder if that would be a nice equivalent. They say it hold up to 50kilo and it's 1.14mm tick: .08mm thicker than Trex tho.
https://www.lepage.ca/en/lepage-products/build-things/construction-adhesive/no-more-nails/no_more_nails_heavydutymountingtape.html

It looks to be about the same stuff. Once you peel the red backing off the T-Rex tape, it's a translucent clear/white. Take a look and ensure the color of the tape itself will work for you with the black or yellow (decal/no decal) way you plan to install the swords.

Finally, I don't think the extra 0.08mm of thickness will make that much of difference - that's in the range of human hair thickness. And the miniscule bit of extra height might actually make it a little bit easier if you ever need to remove the swords.

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, @Bagdad!!!

Scrub Daddy (resized).jpgScrub Daddy (resized).jpg
#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems you guys should just buy some new flippers ! Haha

Only as a last resort. I'd rather spend my time and effort solely on top of the playfield if the problem can reasonably simply be addressed that way. (Yes: I hate working on flippers.)

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Hope it doesn't affect the flippers power to push/rub them too much.

That's why I recommend finding something flat, non-abrasive, and with nothing on it that might transfer off of it that you can shim under the flipper bats. Let the playfield (through the shim) take the brunt of the downward pressure distributed across the shim - not the flipper shafts.

One way to make a reasonable shim it to take clean white computer/copier paper and cut flipper-sized rectangles out of it. Slide one rectangle under the flipper. Then just keep sliding more of the rectangles underneath the existing ones until you can't slide any more in. But you may already have something of the necessary thickness that might work laying around.

If you're working on a Premium or LE, you'll want to make your shim out of something that's the right thickness but extremely rigid to span the cutout beneath the upper flipper ... like a piece of flat metal (put a strip of the paper or two underneath it to avoid marring the playfield just to be safe.) And if you make one of those shims up, you can use it for the lower flippers too of course.

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

... and he might be on the next game and do this additional codework in his spare time ...

Pinball software engineers have spare time? Things really must have changed since my couple of years doing it.

But DS_Nadine is correct: pressure the company - not the person - so official (paid) work time is allocated to it as part of the person's schedule.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dammit. So many new posts and they're all about adhesive.

Don't give up, Chalkey - do your best to stick with it.

#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You know... the 30 minutes at the microwave wall?

I could never code and chew food at the same time.

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

CODE BETTER!!!

I hear ya, @ds_nadine.
But seriously it’s not healthy to eat a meal while you’re coding/working. Gotta keep that as quasi-downtime as much as possible.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I remember when I was working in the games industry a few years ago, the company would buy everyone a hot lunch that would be delivered to their desk. To outside people it sounds like a perk, but it was just an attempt by the business owners to get people working through lunch while eating.

And it wasn’t limited to lunch. “The boss is buying pizza for everyone at 5:00pm” = “I expect you to work until at least 9:00pm.”

1 week later
#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Whelp, officially no mention of code in the January stern of the union. Not good.

Updates, updates, everywhere
But no BK code proper;
Updates, updates, everywhere
And nothing 'bout our topper.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

The thread with the custom apron cards by Coindropper got me thinking. His cards are way too nice looking to just have the corners stuck in the apron. Had the guys at the shop come up with some variations on a frame for the cards. Here is what we settled on. Pics of the right and left side with a custom card mounted in my LE, and one with the stock cards. The top surface on these does not have the final surface finish I want. They will look nicer. Made of plastic. Round pins machined onto the bottom surface just pop into the slots. Easy to remove too. Have a couple of tweaks to this setup, but it is almost finalized. Thinking about offering these if there is any interest. Probably somewhere between $20 and $30 each.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Count me in as another interested owner!

By “top surface not having the final finish you want” are you referring to the rivets, the black plastic itself, or both? In the pics the rivets look kind of copper/rose gold. Will the final version have the “dirty gold” rivets akin to the shooter knob and other rivets on the game (presuming it isn’t that way already and the light is just playing tricks on my tired eyes)?

Kudos for the frame idea too. This is the first time I’ve ever seen it for the arch cards in pinball.

1 week later
#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

Nope Steve Ritchie said they HOPED they could release the topper along with the code for x-mas 2019 (which wasn't the case obviously).
Stern never made any formal announcement.

Yep. While it would have been super sweet if that had happened, it was only a high-profile target date.

We can’t let our drooling for what will likely be one of (if not THE) greatest topper of all time pressure Team BKSOR into releasing something that’s anything less than that.

Odds are really good that one or more issues/factors arose that needed to be addressed necessitating the delay of the release. Given the internal pace and pressure that exists in such development environments, I‘m confident the team is doing everything in their control to get the topper and code update out ASAP.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

^"the team"^
Im certain there is no team working on anything bksor. One guy maybe and its not Timmy Sexton. He stopped working on the code so long ago that he forgot what he did to it.

You're right - the team is all off working on Black Knight 4.

Please: if you can't comprehend at this point in the timeline of a game that "I‘m confident the team is doing everything in their control to get the topper and code update out ASAP" refers to just the appropriate member(s) of (more often than not) the original team best able to address whatever particular issue(s) need to be addressed and certainly not the entire team, then, to channel Shoresy, give your balls a tug. Then try doing pinball game development yourself sometime for a major manufacturer.

#2074 4 years ago

Why does nearly everyone still insist on making shooter knobs that are upside-down from the player's perspective?

This was a big reason why Steve Ritchie intentionally designed the BKSOR shooter knob as he did.

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

It's the knob of a sword, so...

"Knob?" I take it you mean the pommel.
Regardless, it's the knob/pommel of an extremely short, thin and seriously not sharp sword at that.
But even if we do imagine the shooter rod to be a sword, that still doesn't explain why things like stormtrooper and Groot heads are upside-down from the player's perspective.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Finally finished the frame I was working on. The rivets look way better than the bb’s. Make your own card, or use the stock one. I’ll have installed pics later tonight.[quoted image][quoted image]

Really loving this look!!!

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Installed.[quoted image][quoted image]

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Double sided Gorilla Tape worked for me. Just apply it over the entire back side of the sword!

Expose one side of the tape.
Tape over the entire back.
Trim with Xacto knife/similar.
Peel off other side and apply to flipper.
Be sure to press the tape onto both the sword and the flipper HARD and hold it for a at least 10 seconds . You may want to hold or shim the flipper bat when applying the newly-taped sword to the flipper.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Next month they’ll put a link to new code but it’ll go to a rickroll video

Don’t give them any ideas. I don’t need to see the Black Knight doing Rick Ashley dance moves on the display. Although if they can license Never Gonna Give You Up, I wouldn’t mind having it as an adjustment setting that defaults to OFF just so I can mess with some of my frequent pin-guests.

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just saw this when toggling between a couple Stern website pages.
Looks like the topper will be $399.
It was rumored to be $430,
and feared to be R2-D2 priced.[quoted image]

Saw that too. If the topper has even more interactions than what we have already seen at that price, I bet there will be a number of folks who buy a game to go with the topper in addition to those of us buying a topper to go with the game.

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

- I set my backpedaling to infrequent but he wimped out pretty quickly lol

Play it some more to be sure. Your stellar games may very well have compelled him to wimp out quickly because you showed him no mercy.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

Last time I updated my BKSOR code, I used a windows system. Now I only have a Mac. Wonder if it’ll cause any problem if I update using the Mac. Love my premium and don’t want to screw it up

I've used a Mac to do all my updates on my Premium. Never had an issue.
You're just copying a file to a USB stick.

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It's not currently on the Stern shop, so I'd say no.

And the blank placeholder for it is gone now too.

#2233 4 years ago

I got the new code ...
They got this right ...
I’m ready to order ...
And top my Black Knight!

1 week later
#2294 4 years ago

A friend of mine (non-pinball person, but a regular player of my games when he drops by) surprised me - like REALLY surprised me - with these as a Christmas gift back in December. When I asked him where he got them, he said that he made them himself! I told him that I might know a few other folks who just possibly would be interested in getting a set, but he didn't think I was serious. So nothing ever came of it.

This morning I showed him the official Stern video of the BKSOR topper (I had previously told him about it, so not really a spoiler for him.) He loved it. So I pressed him again about his speaker accents. He finally gave me the OK to post a few pics and see if anybody else liked them.

So here are photos of them in front of red, yellow, green, and teal LED speaker lights along with what one looks like with the game turned off.

These actually stand out from the speaker grills; they are not mounted flat or essentially flat against them. The other really nice thing is that they are mounted totally from the OUTSIDE - you do not have to open the backbox, mess with removing speakers, etc. to put them on.

Right now he just wants to gauge interest and, if there is sufficient interest, said he would consider doing a run (and I'd lose my exclusive - damn it. ) But at this point there is no price set or store or orders being taken or any other sets even made; all of that would be figured out should there be enough interest. He said that the mounting hardware would be included if he does do a run, of course.

So if you might be interested in getting a set, send me a Pinside Mail message and let me know. I'll pass along the tallied level of interest as of Friday March 6th and update everyone on what he decides from there.

Thanks for taking a look.

On Red (resized).jpgOn Red (resized).jpgOn Yellow (resized).jpgOn Yellow (resized).jpgOn Green (resized).jpgOn Green (resized).jpgOn Teal (resized).jpgOn Teal (resized).jpgOff (resized).jpgOff (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Quick Update: we would also be able to do a smaller version for LE owners that would fit inside lighted speaker rings should this get the green light.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Those look great! Maybe a shade of purple that matches the backglass for the lighting?

My apologies for the pics. I've got my speaker lights set to rapidly go through a sequence of colors and repeat, with each one starting low then pulsing to a peak intensity only to fade back down to start the rising pulse of the next color.

I used my phone as best as I could to capture a sampling of the colors at peak brightness, but between my phone's camera and timing skills, I most likely didn't get it very exact. The "teal" one in particular looks bad because of the darker "box" around the helmet. But I think that's one where I caught the rich blue (like the box) fading away en route to the next color in the sequence.

But these were the best ones I got in my excitement to get something posted ASAP once he said I could ... and before he changed his mind!

#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from playerofpin:

They look killer!
Put me in for a set.

Thanks for the interest, cnagel314!
But be sure to send me a PM, though because on March 6th I'm just going to count up the number of unique members who have sent me PMs expressing interest and send the tally to him to see if it's enough to convince him to do a run.

1 week later
#2313 4 years ago

Just a quick reminder that if anyone wants to express interest in obtaining a set of these BKSOR speaker accents, be sure to let me know via PM by tomorrow March 6th.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5493516

Again, I'm just gauging interest at this point; there is no obligation on anyone's part.

I only ask that you express interest if you truly are seriously interested so we can get a reasonably good estimate of the number we'd need to make. Once we have an idea of how many would potentially need to be made, we'll be able to better figure out if it's a GO based on the cost of materials, what the price would be, etc.

Many thanks to those of you who have responded so far. It is going be interesting to see if this is actually viable over the next few days. Will keep everyone posted.

Brian

1 week later
#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Whats with this topper. Everything elsenstern announces is released within a week but not this topper

Call your local distributor and get on the list if they don’t have any in stock (i.e., buy it on back order.) I ordered mine that way on the 6th and was just informed last night by UPS that it is being delivered sometime this morning (7 days later counting the day I placed my order.) I was figuring I might not see it for several weeks yet, but I was quite pleasantly surprised by the news.

Now to go watch for my United Parcel Santa in his big brown wheeled land-sleigh ...

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Got mine in the mail yesterday! Hopefully get to install it soon (on route) been crazy busy.

Mine came this afternoon, but I can't install it until tomorrow.

I'd love to hear about any play/earnings percentage differences the game audits show post-topper vs. pre-topper i.e., "topper bump." I expect more people will pump a few coins into it now just to watch topper do its thing, but it'd be nice to see if that's what actually happens and to what degree. Of course, I would also bet the number of coins in bars/other more adult locations would increase even further if a fourth setting was added to the knight's speech adjustment: Let's call the setting "Samuel L. Jackson."

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Installed the topper and started it up. Only one eye came on, no movement or flames, and the game got wonky with this weird stuttering issue every ten seconds or so. The node board on the topper (access under the right flame gate thing) had all dip switches set to off when the first needed to be set to ON. Chas got me straight but be advised. You may want to take a peek before installing as I'm concerned it might have jacked some other stuff up as it was also giving me a node board 8 error in the menu. Only 3 screws to remove to look at it might be worth it for yall. After getting it straight the topper is awesome!!

Thanks, Chalkey!

Fortunately I didn't have time to install mine today (he said for the first time ever in his entire pinball existence) and got to read your post before I do it. Definitely going to check that out up front.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

For you lucky guys that have the topper now, what are your thoughts on it? Does it enhance the playing experience? How many custom call outs are there for topper owners?
I don't think the Aussie shipment is arriving until late April and curious to hear what people think of it now they actually have it on their machine.

While I'm far from experiencing most of it, it's a wonderful addition to the game. Gameplay-wise, He's pretty active although you don't always have time to look at him. At the same time, it feels like he's really "up there" watching you and waiting for you to screw up. Gives me the creeps, especially when playing in an otherwise dark room. I love it!!! He also does his thing here and there in attract mode and whenever the game is coined if not on free play.

Per @Chalkey, I did check my DIP switches before putting it on top of the game. Fortunately mine were set correctly (1st one ON, the rest OFF), but the peace of mind was well worth the minuscule amount of time it took to check.

Finally, I did make one "mod" to my topper before mounting it up top too. Since my Black Knight is never one to backpedal if he finds himself at a bit of a disadvantage in battle, I thought I'd bestow a feather on him to better match the size of his ego:

BKSOR Topper Feather (resized).jpgBKSOR Topper Feather (resized).jpg
#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Hi Houourable Knights,
Im waiting patiently downunder for our topper to arrive.
Does anyone has an topper installation video or tips.
Regards
[quoted image]

No video is needed - installation is EXTREMELY simple and quick. You literally unbox it, read the instructions (let’s super-generously call it 6 pages of text that are predominantly pictures and white space), remove 4 screws on top of the backbox and the access hole cap, install the feather, put the topper on the backbox (shipping weight was 12 lbs/5.5 kg) while feeding 2 cables through the access hole, screw the topper down using the 4 screws you removed, plug the 2 cables in (1 to the power distribution board, one to the remaining open RJ45 on the CPU board), close everything back up, and play!

Two tips are:

1. Check the DIP switch settings per Chalkey first. Should there be an issue, it will be less fun to fix it after the topper is mounted.

2. Make sure your feather is firmly held in place before lifting the whole thing up top. Poke around with a needle-like screwdriver or some such to probe the (shallow) depths of where the stem will go to feel how much room you have. Then thicken the stem with electrical tape and/or whittle it down (in the case of after-market feathers) to ensure a good fit before tightening the screw and little bracket.

Really easy!!!

#2382 4 years ago

Just finished a very minor bit of surgery on the knight's head on my topper similar to what I did back in October for his head on the playfield toy.

In both cases I found the knight's eyeball LEDs just too intense for my personal taste because of their pitch matching my 5' 10" height. The ones on the playfield seemed to be aimed straight into my eyeballs while playing and the ones on the topper seemed to be targeting my eyeballs whenever I looked up at it.

So after getting a bunch of weird looks from both the staff and other customers at a couple of fabric shops (JoAnne Fabrics and in the sewing section at Walmart), I found some black spandex material that fit what I needed, so I had them cut me a 6" square of it (barely cost a buck.)

The weird looks, were the result of them watching me going through all the bolts of suitable black material they had for sale (suitable = material that might actually have chance of working, i.e., no reason to test vinyl, flannel, canvas, etc.) using the flash(light) on my phone to see how much (and precisely how) the light came through each one, sometimes folding the material 2x or 4x thick depending on its regular sheerness.

I was seeking a good amount light still showing through while taking the sharp edge off the laser beam focus by diffusing it in more or less of a small circle with a more intense red dot still visible at its center. That's what I found with the spandex material I finally went with. Along the way, I discovered various materials that did everything from random dispersion to very crisp 90-degree lens flares (think four spokes emanating from the sharp center dot in the form of an x or a + depending on the orientation of the fabric.)

In addition to dampening the LED harshness, it also conceals the bare LEDs giving both knights far less of a mechanical look and more of a mysterious look.

Here's pics of my topper post-surgery turned off and on. Pardon some of the glare in the pics ... snapped them quick and posting from my phone. Zoom in to get a better look and separate the glare from what the eye openings look like now.

BKSOR Topper Dark Eyes OFF (resized).jpgBKSOR Topper Dark Eyes OFF (resized).jpgBKSOR Topper Dark Eyes ON (resized).jpgBKSOR Topper Dark Eyes ON (resized).jpg
#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Hmmm. I wonder if there's room to re-purpose sun-glass-lenses into the outside eye-sockets. Perhaps a colored polarized lens. I wonder if the reflection would be a nuisance. Hmmmm.

I went with the fabric on the inside of the eye sockets because of the smaller eye-shaped openings within the recessed areas on the helmet and it was an effective quick solution for me.

But now you got me wondering: if you diffused the LEDs with something like window film per tilted81 on the INSIDE of the eye sockets and then fit pieces of precisely-trimmed sunglass material into each of the recessed areas on the outside of the helmet, that might achieve the effect of concealing the inner eyes when the game is off, but also result in an even more evil-looking pair of eyes when the game is turned on since the entire eye opening would light up not just the “pupils.”

I have to believe those LEDs are plenty bright enough to shine through two layers of material like that.

Hmmmm ...

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I like where your going w/ that.. I hadn’t even considered how it looked while powered off. Perhaps w/ a tinted lens a reflector behind that led would be a better idea? Cut down a spotlight to cover the led with? That way it would spread the light, and perhaps brighten it a touch before the lens dulls it?

The problem with using a reflector is that there isn't much to reflect. IIRC (I'm not at home), the eyeball LEDs are the very focused kind, i.e., all the light is directed to the tip of the glass "bullet" - there's very little light coming off the sides. Diffusing that focused spot of light from just the tip is the trick.

Coincidentally enough, I have been working on virtually the exact same problem on a different game without much success since December. I've tried reflectors, window film, various papers and plastics yet none of them have worked well enough to use. But even more coincidentally I'm expecting a small package from FedEx tomorrow containing some different materials that may finally contain something that will work sufficiently. It'd be way cool if one of them solves both of these problems. I'll keep you posted!

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Sorry for the dense question but if I want to order a topper now, a) is that even possible (ie are they long gone) and b) where’s a good easy place to order from? Anywhere online or do I have to call around? Just thinking with COVID that places could be all messed up.
I don’t really have a true distributor (I buy my machines from a local pinball gallery and he gets them from stern but he isn’t a true big “distributor” that has parts available etc).
I saw mention of a distributor a page or so back but it was some abbreviation, I think.
Anyway, hoping for some guidance. Think I’m ready to pull the trigger on one.
Thanks!

I got mine from Greg at Pinball Pro. I had it in house in about 5 days after ordering it from him. The BKSOR topper never been listed in Stern's online shop like other toppers have/are.

I don't know what the remaining supply is like right now, but it's extremely well worth the effort of tracking one down and pulling that trigger the second you can.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Just added the art blades and the topper to LE. All the hardware is included with art blades and can be used as needed. The powder coat on the original rails does look nice, but the blades do have a nice touch. I could give or take on the blades. Decision to leave on. Topper is a really cool feature. It tends to mimic the action and responses. The plastics surrounding it are super fragile. Two of the pieces on mine were busted up pretty bad on delivery. Once offices open back up they plan on sending me the replacements plastics. Few photos attached to show the goods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You had me confused because you said "art blades." I thought to myself "Why do you need to add art blades to an LE - they already come with ones pre-installed exclusively for the LE, don't they? It actually took me 1 minute before I noticed the side armor installed because I kept looking at the cabinet wall inside your game!

I have a Premium and was inclined not to get them. After seeing them on your LE, I don't think I'd like them on mine. But I've been looking for someone to post a nice picture of them installed on a game before deciding that, so thank you so much!

Very sorry to hear about the arrival condition of your topper. Hopefully they'll be able to get those replacements plastics to you soon. I can't imagine they need the line to be operating to fetch them off the floor for you, but I also don't know exactly how tight of a lockdown they're under/chose to implement with all the virus stuff apparently getting worse.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I noticed today there are some new callouts with the topper installed, like Ritchie says "you look like a little baby from up here."
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/578710387

My favorite is when you add player #2 to a game, he'll sometimes say (very condescendingly) "Wow, you have a friend."

Priceless!!!

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Fyi, hometown Iowa City. Go Hawks!

Hawks (resized).pngHawks (resized).png
#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

First of all, the side armor does look good on the LE, much better than I thought. like therudyb I also have a Premium and am concerned about how these would look especially with his sword swinging at you. If anyone has pictures of the side armor installed on a Premium, please share. Otherwise I think I'm inclined to go with the generic black teardrop ones.

I was surprised that they actually do look OK after seeing a pic of them on @trex's LE. But even without seeing a pic of them on a Premium, my mental image of that armor on a Premium sees the two swords in compositional conflict: an "active/coming at you" sword in the knight's hand on the cabinet vs. a stationary flat sword on the side armor that seems to just be there without an actual integrated artistic purpose. They have also always seemed too wide for me, covering a wider swath of the cabinet art than I like. I was hoping they would be a lot more streamlined, perhaps just extending the gold/brass rivet motif to the side armor.

So instead I went with the clear flipper button cabinet protectors from Titan Pinball and I have been very happy. For under five bucks for a pair, you get two semicircular pieces of transparent soft vinyl with a small U-shaped bite in the center of the flat edge to go around the flipper button. They work like window clings (and the Colorforms vinyl playsets I had as a kid) with no adhesive. They just cling to the painted wood cabinet and can be easily peeled away, without leaving any kind of residue and then immediately put on another game. They are virtually invisible once on a game too. So much so that when I came home from being away for a few days shortly after installing my first pair, I looked at the game from about 6 feet away and then instantly looked on the floor thinking they fell off. They were still on the game. I loved how they fooled me. I'm certain they will never fall off of their own accord. No one I've had over since installing them has even noticed them. The only incredibly itty-bitty issue is that you may have to trim them a bit to make them cover the cabinet area you want to protect for games where the flipper buttons are not simply "out in the open" on the side of the cabinet.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:Ha, normally that would work, but she got me this BKSOR for my birthday and helped sneak it in the house, so she might be more tuned in to this change. We shall see!

Was the game already set up or still in the box?

If it was still in the box: "I finally got some time to put the rest of it together."
- Wife figures it came unassembled in that big box and complicated enough to take some time. You mean the money to buy it after it could be ordered.

If it was already set up: "I told them not to send it to me until after they released updated code for it."
- You mean "code that uses it", wife hears "original code for it was pretty buggy so why even have it here until it works good"
- Also to be used if wife watched unboxing of game in lieu of the option offered in the previous case

Still not sufficient? Ask me about my complete online course in the Art of Convincing Purchase Justification Without Pain.
- I'm not only the instructor, I've also successfully used the techniques taught in my course in urgent purchase justification situations for over 30 years. (Mostly on myself.)

1 week later
#2454 4 years ago

I received the "rivet" instruction card holders from ricmaz and they are very nicely done.
Here's some detail shots:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine arrived today too. To say that I'm very impressed is putting it mildly. They not only look phenomenal, but they have some serious rock-solid heft to them too. I simply cannot use the arch cards I originally designed for my game - they'd be an insult to these frames. So I'm going to work on designing some better ones more befitting for them.

#2458 4 years ago

I'll say right up front that it was a bit of a "blind purchase" at the price-point, as there's just not many mods for this game, and this one was coming at a bit of a premium for what I initially thought it would be.

I agree. I was expecting a very nice "open frame" with 3-D rivets/studs that was otherwise flat and simply bordered the card areas. And that would have been fine. I've certainly paid more for mods that looked worse than their pictures when they arrived a few times in the past. But when I saw these were rock solid full-on card holders in addition to being a beautiful frame for them (as in your pics) I was floored - and exceptionally glad I got in on the run.

I'm going to scan my originals at (very) high DPI, re-print on my color laser, laminate them and use those in the holders and hang on to my originals just in case they are ever needed again.

Try printing them on photo paper. I use glossy photo paper on my BKSOR cards and it looks great. I've also used semi-gloss photo paper too. Just depends on which game and my eyes that day. Plus you can just print more whenever you need them and skip the lamination altogether.

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I got my rivet plates also they are great quality!
Question what instruction cards are you all using ? Can you share them so I can print ?
Still using my yellow ones and they don’t quite fit.
Thank you !!

I'm about 75% of the way done designing my new ones and I'll post them once I have them installed in the Frames. For my game, I'm doing an instruction card and a pricing card (I keep my games on coin-play to get the full experience. I coin the games with my own money when I have guests over.) Both cards have some of the existing BKSOR art out there in the background: similar but different on the two cards.

The instruction card has pretty much the same words on it that the factory card has, although I did tweak it here and there to make it sound better to me.

The pricing card is for $1.00/1 Game, $2.00 for 3 Games. It also says "Ultra Premium Edition" which is not an actual Stern model, but what I'm calling my premium with lots of standard mods ... and one original mod I'll share in a few days if not at the same time I post the cards.

If anyone likes either or both of the cards but wants a few changes in the rules or the pricing cards to better suit your machine (FREE PLAY, PRO EDITION, LIMTED EDITION, or just PREMIUM EDITION), I'm willing to make those changes as they come up. But more after they're done and posted.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

What do you think? Still needs some refinement, but not a bad starting point.[quoted image]

I like it! I've always wanted to cover up that warning on games at home and also come up with a replacement card with more artwork and a much nicer arrow that points straight down at the button on the lockdown bar rather than at that odd angle.

And since we've gotten this far, it might be nice to do two matching triangular open frames to complete the arch's new Ricmaz Signature look ... or make them solid if Stern will sell the triangular decals and let LE owners request another signed one from Steve - that way everything is at the same level on the arch ...

OK - I'll hit the brain brakes now.

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

For the upper playfield, polish with Novus 2 followed by Maguires cutting compound. Worked like a champ, just take it slow and easy.

Are you talking about the M205 stuff? It's getting time for me to do my first upper playfield polish and want to make sure I have the one you like and use before working on it.

#2488 3 years ago

Well after getting sidetracked a few dozen times, here is where I am with my BKSOR instruction and pricing cards. I haven't had nearly as much time to work on these as I hoped I would, but I at least wanted to post what I have at the moment that sort of looks "complete" given that it's nearly been two weeks since I said I would. Both images have a thin frame around them. These frames are NOT to be included with the card - trim them OFF.

I ended up making more additions/deletions/wording changes and trade-off decisions than I thought I would back when I started this, so I didn't end up sticking as close to the text of the original instructions verbiage as I thought I was going to.

A little later tonight I'll also post a video of the "mod" that I've been working on to see what you folks think too. I say "mod" because it's not really a mod in the sense of the artistic stuff the real mod makers out there produce. It's more of an application of stuff already out there. Extremely simple if not obvious, actually. But I don't know of or seen anyone who's done this so hopefully a few of you will like it.

Stay tuned!
My BKSOR Arch Cards (dragged).pdfMy BKSOR Arch Cards (dragged).pdf

My BKSOR Arch Cards (dragged).pdfMy BKSOR Arch Cards (dragged).pdf
#2489 3 years ago

OK, here's the "mod" that I promised. I'm falling asleep as I write this (very long day) so I'll just post the video of it for now and write up more details about it in the morning.

This came from the thought that - even after I installed my topper - I felt like the game still needed something. Actually more of something. And then it hit me: it needed more fire. From there, it was a relatively simple process, done in several stages. Take a look and let me know what you think.

The initial footage was shot during the day. After the lone transition is some more footage with everything except BKSOR turned off in the mancave at night.

#2496 3 years ago

As Mudflaps noted, it's just Comet fire bulbs (not rocket science, eh?): https://www.cometpinball.com/products/fire-bulbs?_pos=1&_sid=c55a774b3&_ss=r (bayonet socket.) Since they are only swapped with existing GIs, they behave exactly how the GIs do for any given event in terms of being off and on during game play. Looks fine to me - as if the game came that way.

The fire effect is thus the easy part; the installation can be a touch tricky in certain places, but nothing difficult at all. The trickiest thing is ensuring the fire bulbs hit the spots you want them to. For example, if you just swap in a fireball bulb for the one behind the upper flipper, you'll get a clear half lit/half not lit thing going on because the bulb is a flat-topped 4SMD. Ditto for the explosions on the trim on the edge of the upper playfield. Luckily, there's a convenient alternative mount point in most places and it works out quite nicely that you can just move the socket. In the case of the upper flipper, the fire bulb's socket is now held in place by the not screw-capped hex post by the gate.

Along the way you'll find the biggest problem is avoiding places/adjusting places to eliminate them from shining through the cracks (literally) into the player's eyes and to handle undesirable reflections. For example, I had a fire bulb a lot higher on the left side of the spinner lane - but the fire bulb hit the player right in the eyeballs through the gaps around the spinner's switch. I was also getting a triple laser-beam effect splashing on my left art blade through the gap between the plastics covering the ADD TIME targets and the one above it. I added a small piece of black felt in the gap to stop that.

Experimentation is the key. I had exactly 4 fire bulbs lying around for quite a while when I thought to try this. So I put them in the slings. If had stopped there, I would have been totally good with it - the slings by themselves look very impressive. But since I was about to place another order from Comet for a few other things, I added 6 more fire bulbs in case I wanted to try them in a few more places. So after repeatedly ordering just "a few more" fire bulbs in a short period these past few weeks, I ended up putting them everywhere I thought they might make sense and look good - a total of 22 of them are doing all you see. Of those 22, I believe I only replaced 4 or 5 white LEDs with fire bulbs; the rest was swapping steady reds for fire bulbs (4 of which were between the slings and the return lanes IIRC.)

Any of you who run with this idea, tell us and show us what you did! I'm sure there are opportunities I missed and ways of doing things better/making things look better. I consider this to just be my first full draft.

#2498 3 years ago

A two more things to consider when trying the fire bulbs:

- As I noted earlier, the fire bulb is a 4SMD LED. There are three red LEDs and one yellow one in each. One red LED remains constantly lit while the other three cycle. Because you use the ones with the bayonet base, there are two positions in which you can insert the fire bulb. The orientation you use will thus affect the position of the yellow LED and the look you achieve, most importantly when there are a couple that will be working together in close proximity. For example, I'm extremely happy with the orientations of the four fire bulbs going up the left side of the playfield - it has a nice "one big, spread-out fire" look to it in the above video. But I've been playing around with the orientation of the eight fire bulbs that are in the slings and return lanes as their combined output syncs up a little too much yielding more of strobing look than a fire look to my eye at the moment. I'm most likely just going to remove the four in the return lane guides and put the original LEDs back in. I'm growing to like the fire effects stopping at the slings. But again, it's all about experimentation to get it how you like it. I'm also considering rotating and refastening a couple of the sockets to orient them at a 60-degree or 90-degree angle to a nearby socket to see if that will help break up any strobing effect if necessary.

- After putting fire bulbs behind the explosions facing the player on the front edge of the upper playfield, I got a bad reflection in the castle up-kicker lane and on the flail ramp from them because (duh) they're sitting on top of completely clear plastic. A little bit of gaffer's tape took care of that easily enough ... and it's not visible from the player's perspective.

If I think of any other points I forgot to state or I encounter any more issues as I keep experimenting, I'll share them.

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Nice.………….your machine looks awesome. Curious how you did this. I know you'll post the details for all to see.
I want to do the rule card frame and warning cover up you made too! PM me when you get a chance.

Those frames are not mine - they're the genius of @ricmaz. I'm just an incredibly satisfied customer. Go back to post #2005 in this thread and follow from there.

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, very cool effect, well done
in the same time, the changing lights on the speakers panel doesnt really do it (for me) while working together with your mod
may be only using red, but nothing/no light would be even better !?

I have to experiment with my speaker lights (from speakerlightkits.com, of course ) as they were one of the very first mods I installed when I received my game back in June - long before the fire bulb idea would pop into my pea brain. I'm afraid to actually try turning them off, though, as I'd hate to love that look (so to speak) the best. I can't see myself deactivating them and I've always liked their pulsating cycling. But again, time will tell.

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ok i would like the groups input on this one please. I am debating adding a second button for the magna save. I was thinking having a set up similar to Munsters premium that way i can use those lolli pop rails for it.
What is the groups though on this as far as.
Its a cool idea and i wish mine had it.
Or
Its a dumb idea live with it on the LD bar.
Would it detract anyone from buying it if it had this modded on it?
Picture is to show button layout[quoted image]

Check this thread out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-drill-bk3000-to-properly-add-magnasave-button

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

My black knight airbrush body kit is finished.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovin' me all dat!

And would love to have that for my premium!

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I used the 105. Cut through the haze pretty quickly after Novus 2. I wouldn’t use it every day, but it definitely works.[quoted image]

OK - I give up. I must be doing something wrong/not enough/missing something because my upper playfield scratches are still there after multiple applications, rubbings and buffings of the usual options (Novus 3-2-1 doing several 3s, followed by a few 2s, then 1s; the Maguiar's, etc.) And they aren't all that bad - at least I don't think they are.

In the attached pics, I purposely used the reflection of my phone to make the scratches very visible (when the game is all lit up, I don't really see them unless I look pretty specifically for them.) I can oh-so-barely feel a couple of the longer ones with my fingernail when crossing them parallel to the scratch (one or two by the upper flipper in the first picture and the longer one "underneath" the skeleton's head on the artwork below, but on none of the scratches above it, in the second.) A fingernail will detect those, but definitely NOT "fall in to" any of them/get "stopped" by any of them. My fingernail will not detect any of the other scratches in either spot in the same pass. I can, however, feel all of the scratches in both areas with the fleshy pad of a fingertip - but again just ever-so-very-slightly.

These are the only two areas that are exhibiting scratches; the rest of upper playfield is fine.

So I am wondering if any of you fine folk who have had great success removing scratches like these from your BKSOR upper playfield might be willing to post some reasonably specific step-by-step instructions as to how you do it, what tools you use if any, etc. No detail is too small or too "obvious" to leave out or gloss over for me at this point. I'd prefer you respond as if you were well-seasoned computer tech support and I'm a noob calling for help for the first time, so "plug it in" and "turn it on" are totally OK and non-insulting steps (by analogy) to include when it comes to how you remove scratches like these.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Upper Flipper Area (resized).jpgUpper Flipper Area (resized).jpgOver Skeleton Head Upper Center (resized).jpgOver Skeleton Head Upper Center (resized).jpg
#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I agree this game never got the full attention it deserves. It is a great game full of fun shots and really takes some strategy to blue up a score. The upper playfield may look plane but once you get used to it and use it to its full advantage it becomes an essential part of the game. I honestly didn’t have the highest expectations for this game but when i go down to play a game i find myself choosing this over iron maiden, JP prem and Ghostbusters.

Another reason I think it's so engaging is the storyline itself: it's simultaneously familiar but "unknown" - meaning we all know the stories of Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park; we know everything in the story from beginning to end. Our involvement in the story itself is more of a movie extra and we're challenged to relive and do things the real characters did in the films.

But in BKSOR, we are undeniably the hero and star of the story tasked with defeating the big bad boss after dispatching his minions. And (at least until we've played it for a while or read reviews/watched videos), we don't really know how that story goes, what challenges await, and exactly what happens as we get better and better at the game. Add to that the villain taunting as you play and especially you when you screw up, and you just want to get in there and slice, dice, and punch his lights out - even if only vicariously through flippers. And I love how with the addition of the topper it feels even more like the Black Knight is actually there with you as you play.

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Here you go TheRudyB. This is one piece. No posts on the backside, like you have. The posts add a lot of extra time,, and require a thicker material to start with, which means higher costs. This whole piece takes the same amount of time to machine as one of the frames that you have. Area in the middle with a frame for a smaller card with whatever you can come up with.
[quoted image]

To channel Maxwell Smart: AND LOVING IT!

1 week later
#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I know this was mentioned before, but does anyone think that the Up-lighting (Bright white LEDs) of the topper is done to intentionally make it look like shadows of ravens flying, when they alternate?

It’d sure be great if it was intentional, but I’ll bet it was just a happy side effect.

My guess is that the look of the Black Knight’s castle was one of the earlier things they designed since it would frequently appear as an image in the display as well as influence the other art yet to be created for the realm. Otherwise they would effectively be designing art for the topper and letting that drive the art for the game itself. Given the already Herculean effort that goes into designing a game, intentionally designing that intricate of an effect into a topper that far in advance would have consumed resources better spent fleshing out the huge number of art elements needed for the overall game.

But if I’m wrong (and it would be truly fantastic to learn that I am) the team deserves even more kudos than all of us have already heaped on them for designing pretty much the greatest pinball topper ever created.

2 weeks later
#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd check the alignment and make sure it is centered on the ball when it strikes. If it doesn't rest on it in the shooter lane you can shove it forward a bit and tell where it impacts.
(My BKSoR is at a closed location or I'd look at the color spring for you. Someone else will have to help with that but it shouldn't have that hard a time getting to the top.)

My BKSOR spring is orange - one step above standard.
Can't remember if that's from the factory or if I changed it.
But orange is working fine for me.

1 month later
#2696 3 years ago

Don’t forget/do be aware that there is only 23 minutes worth of music to be had. That’s not 23 minutes per side, it’s 23 minutes in total. The tracks are very short.

Great stuff, but if you’re expecting a more traditional album-length set of tracks, this is not that.

#2727 3 years ago

To quote Nick Weyna:

1 week later
#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

New code is needed for this game.

1 week later
#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Just received the topper--any recommendations where to buy a larger plume/feather?

I got mine at Hobby Lobby. Found it in the area around the floral picks. If you go to the section of the store where they sell craft elements like ribbon, you can find feathers, but none like the big plumes in the floral area.

You may have to cut it down to size depending on the ceiling height above your game and you'll still have to thicken the stem to secure it firmly in that ingenious (ugh) feather mount in the knight's head, but the effect is well worth the effort.
My Feather (resized).jpgMy Feather (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have not bought Black Knight yet and plan on to in the near future. I have a chance to get a topper now. Will Stern continue to make the topper for the rest of the year? Or what is made and sold is it? I don’t want to miss the chance to own one.

I'd say if you find a BKSOR topper, get it - even if you don't have the game yet.
Too many ifs on its future. Best topper of all time and really enhances the game experience.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Could be worth a try, but I get my machines from a local pinball arcade who can source them from Stern, not really a big distro.

Have the local pinball arcade guy call Stern for you and ask for what you need. If he can get games directly from Stern, he’s already acting as a de facto distributor, so he’s likely able to get parts from Stern too.

If that doesn’t work, call a highly-rated distributor you see mentioned on the forum and have them order what you need. Unless it’s something I can buy off Stern’s website, I’ve always had to go through a distributor to get most parts.

1 week later
#2960 3 years ago

Retiring it to the vault?

Not boding well for a code update. Hope I'm wrong.

Last Chance (resized).pngLast Chance (resized).png
#2963 3 years ago

C’mon, Tim - how about at least one more code update before the game is shelved?!

3 weeks later
#3053 3 years ago

October's Stern of the Union list of code updates is not boding well for BKSOR owners.

We really should get one final update if nothing more.

C'MON TIM!!!

2 weeks later
#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I actually find the original music (and game) a bit -too- stressful. Which feels ridiculous to say. But it's true. The alternate takes some of that edge off for me.
BK SOR has been eye opening for me because I've played hundreds of pins and never felt STRESSED during a game. But the combination of brutal gameplay, music, color, etc seems to make my heart pound on every game...and swear. Out loud. A lot. It will probably be put on the "For Sale" list soon.

Speaking solely for me, these are the exact things I *want* in *some* of my pins.

If my (admittedly small) collection of pins consisted solely of games I could soundly beat the vast majority of the time, I'd sell half of them and replace those with far more challenging games.

I like owning a range of games that span the spectrum from casual/easy to play/beat to ones that I beat very seldom - or haven't beaten yet in the case of a game I've recent acquired.

That also helps when I introduce guests new to pinball for their first time or re-introduce guests to pinball if it's been a while for them. "I suggest you start with one of these three (pointing) and play several games on them, before you (pointing again) try to tackle any of those three ..." goes a long way in setting expectations and letting folks know that pinball isn't all the same from machine to machine - and that you need to develop serious playing skills rather than just the games being random and hoping you get lucky.

1 week later
#3201 3 years ago

>

Quoted from Frboisvert:

someone knows how to decrease the strength of the rider's red eyes ... it gives me a headache...thks

I put a small bit of semi-sheer black fabric inside the eye holes on both the playfield and topper knights’ helmets.
Go to Walmart or JoAnne Fabrics and buy a few small pieces of different fabrics and experiment. Won’t cost you much. Use your cellphone’s flashlight to test how sheer each one is. Be sure to test pretty close against the fabrics since the red LEDs will be close.

A nice bonus is it covers the bare LEDs when the game is OFF too, giving him an even more mysterious, soul-less evil appearance.

2 weeks later
#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I have one target that's not resetting. Can anyone tell me what I need to check for? Thank you.
[quoted image]

I've got the opposite problem with the single drop target on the left side leading to the VUK on the Premium: it doesn't always drop when hit. Sometimes it takes several solid hits before it will drop; other times it will drop with the lightest brush of a hit.

I've tightened the spring tension (twice) but it does the same thing - it just drops a LOT faster when it does decide to drop now.

Anyone who's experienced the problem have a solution or other suggestions?

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Sd card download is still there.....anyone to try?

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

I doubt its Tim's fault. Unfortunately its not a licenced theme so it didn't sell as well as the other stern machines. They have less incentive to put time into it =(

Elvira is a licensed theme. But in terms of licenses, Elvira is no Star Wars, Jurassic Park, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yet Elvira is getting THE highest reviews since ... well ... you can fill in the blank. The playfield shot layout, toys, etc. set the mechanical "coolness" parameters, but it's the code that realizes the game's full potential and beyond ... or not.

Attack from Mars is NOT a license (despite there still being folks who insist it's a Mars Attacks clone though it isn't.) Take a good look at that playfield. IT's one of the sparsest playfields out there. A motorized stand-up 3-bank, a drop target, a jostling flying saucer, and 4 martians that can jitter above some standup targets. And 2 ramps. Yet somehow this unlicensed game is consistently ranked as one of the very best games ever made. Yes, it's the same person coding it. But there's a wide range of options for WHAT to code available to every pinball programmer.

That said, I'm also not saying that it is (or is entirely) Tim's fault. I just hope that Stern allows him time to do a few more updates to the main gameplay features going forward. With a few more significant improvements to the game which sports the best topper ever, the game could attract a much bigger (and happier) following than it has at the moment - and ever had.

2 weeks later
#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Ha! My apologies!! Knights versus Kings....

I was going to say “Go away, you peasant from another kingdom, you” but I didn’t want to be Grimm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRudyB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=TheRudyB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.