IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Latest BK3 accessory listed. Seems like something they could have added to all machines and or the LE model at the very least. 92$ total with shipping.
[quoted image]

Ordered one after seeing the post. It arrived today and wow, has some size to it. I don't know if I'll launch from the skull-heads or the tail. The handle is lighter than it looks and appears antique-ish (photos without flash look represent the color well). Fun project for the weekend.

20190605_205607 (resized).jpg20190605_205607 (resized).jpg20190605_205617 (resized).jpg20190605_205617 (resized).jpg20190605_205623 (resized).jpg20190605_205623 (resized).jpg
#453 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I ordered the plunger today. It looks really nice, plus it has a nice shape that should feel and function like a regular plunger. Something about having an odd shape like a stormtrooper just takes away from the feel of making a skill shot plunge.

Yeah. The storm-trooper head is really odd. I actually don't want to explain what it fells like to use it.

#459 4 years ago

You know, I found orange 'dust' in the bottom-front-right side of the newer Stern cabinets. I looked the flipper coils; hmpf, I don't know? I bet its from that launcher spring.

6 months later
#1747 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Don't ask me how I know, but don't expect the topper by Christmas. The Star Wars topper has taken priority in the production queue.

Shucks. Last week, my hopes were lifted for both by Christmas. Must have been a rough week.

2 months later
#2288 4 years ago

Received a message today, "Your topper is ready for pickup". Luckily the storm went south so the drive in/out was nice.

Be mindful of the head while unpacking and prepare for feather installation before placing the header on the cabinet. My feather's quill is a bit tiny for the feather-hole and lock. I rolled electrical tape around the quill to provide a firm installation.

I play HCUO (home credit use) and was surprised to find the top-knight has something to say about each coin deposited. I couldn't catch the exact call-out changes, but noticed the knight's eye-flashing-while-talking were swapped from the play-field to the topper. At game's-end; he head-bangs until the music fades. It's pretty neat. I'd have to say this topper and the R2 unit are freeaaking nice. I'm thankful and lucky to have 'em.

Header (resized).pngHeader (resized).png
#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Anyone who has the toppers IN STOCK or knows where they are in stock, please post here or IM me. I am tired of waiting for my SW topper and not going to make the same mistake this time. I will order one immediately if I know it is in stock and ready to ship.

The local dealers are at an advantage when driving in to Stern and picking up their machines, parts and accessories. They have quick access to information and vendor/supplier chains like Pinball Life. I wonder if a dealer search using Chicago zip codes will provide a dealer for your in-stock needs.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What was the installation like? Pretty easy bolt on job?
I just had to stop myself from annoying my distributor about when mine would ship.

Very easy and identical to their other headers. The Stern machines have a wire plug and (4) screws pre-installed. Simply remove the (4) screws and plug, slip the wires thru, place the topper and re-install the screws. There's (2) connections; one for power and one for signal.

Quoted from Mando:

Where did you get it ? Lucky you nice !

My local dealer is Hemispheres. Kurt and Mark are pretty cool; they've provided most of my Stern machines and accessories.

Quoted from crobi1017:

Awesome! rockfordreplay can you tell me the height of the BKSOR topper with and without the feather? I have some ceiling height limitations, so want to make sure it would fit before ordering. TIA!

It looks like 7-1/2". I'd suggest 7-3/4" at a minimum and push for 8". The head is a high-point and the movement needs to be considered.

1 week later
#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern's distribution method for toppers seems to be completely random and really pisses me off. I order my Star Wars topper from a large distributor many months ago when they officially came available. It seems like every other distributor in the world has gotten them in but crickets on mine.
The other thing is that the toppers should be available either at game release or shortly there after. I've had my BK for almost a year now and would have bought one with the machine if I could have.

I feel bad. Perhaps I should head over there this weekend and assemble toppers. Here's one for Wolf, another for John, another for...

#2342 4 years ago

I love the clear upper playfields. To see the art below and actively play on both levels is an excellent feature. This machine's art, lighting and fire dance really make it pop.

#2359 4 years ago

Discovered a few high-spots in the wire-frame ramp while cleaning. Flattening the weld and replacing the balls provides a better future, but I wonder if a ramp replacement is best. The balls were, without a doubt, ready for a swap.

WireframeWeld (resized).pngWireframeWeld (resized).png
#2367 4 years ago

The large feather looks great. I felt my feather was less-than-substantial too. A package should arrive today with a variety of Black, Red and Gold feathers. The plan is to mix the colors, then replicate the arrangement on the play-field knight. Should be fun.

Quoted from Jesder:

For you lucky guys that have the topper now, what are your thoughts on it? Does it enhance the playing experience? How many custom call outs are there for topper owners?
I don't think the Aussie shipment is arriving until late April and curious to hear what people think of it now they actually have it on their machine.

The topper makes the machine feel 'cathedral-like'. That sensation of walking into an old church and looking up at the features above. At first, it distracts game-play. In time; it become's part of the experience and the machine will feel naked without.

#2369 4 years ago

Flippin' Feathers. Yeah, it's a bit excessive. Lots of room to play.

Feathers (resized).pngFeathers (resized).png
#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

...LEDs just too intense for my personal taste...

It's an issue for me too; it's blinding. Thinking about installing tinted plastic lenses.

#2387 4 years ago

Hmmm. I wonder if there's room to re-purpose sun-glass-lenses into the outside eye-sockets. Perhaps a colored polarized lens. I wonder if the reflection would be a nuisance. Hmmmm.

1 month later
#2503 3 years ago

Re-Feathered the Knight. I'm trying for something substantial while avoiding 'Vegas Showgirl'.

NewFeathers (resized).pngNewFeathers (resized).png
#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ok, thanks!
I was watching some YouTube videos of the game today. I get the feeling this game is highly underrated.

It is underrated.

A player visited with his focus on Iron Maiden. After viewing and playing BKSOR; the remainder of his night was Black Knight. Iron Maiden just sat there.

1 month later
#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Couple questions for you guys.
2) Anyone know if anyone makes sheet metal or stainless steel inside blades? Looking for just plain sheet metal, no art or imaging.
Thanks,
ace

A fine steel-wool or scouring-pad would remove the mirroring.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stern-mirror-blades

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I need a topper topper is what I need. can't find one!

Hmmm. It's surprising that manufacturers haven't created a generic fits-all Topper. Perhaps an over-sized company logo or video panel repeater showing the animations and scores.

1 month later
#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Anyone with a topper have an issue where the black knights head doesn't go back to centre? Mine sometimes ends up with him looking to the right instead of straight ahead. Confused and wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

Yes, me too; always to the player's right. I power-off, recenter the head, then power back on.

I'm not certain, but suspect the issue is turning off the machine at the same moment as the attract mode kicks-in.

7 months later
#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I just got a Premium few days ago and getting it all tuned up. I was wondering if somebody could tell me if this plastic is the updated piece or the original?
[quoted image]

Original. The updated plastic;

IMG_0203 (resized).jpgIMG_0203 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Who has this heap-of-gold-coins pop-caps HOP mod?
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p209/Black-Knight-BK-Sword-of-Rage-Pinball-Pop-Bumpers.html
Kind of spendy. From a distance, it looks like a pastry, not a heap of gold. Do you love it? Worth $70 shipped?
Just wondering.

Yeah, like 'em and wouldn't return to original, but I cannot tell you they're worth $70 shipped. I favored the change to the extent that time was spent looking for IMDN replacements. The factory art is blah; pops should have some pizzazz.

1 week later
#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So...toppers are now $2,000? That’s wild. What did these things sell for originally? ...

I was charged $499 for the BKTopper at the game's release in March 2019. The physical topper at that time was undetermined; a future item.

In February 2020, we saw the BKTopper introduced on Stern's website; the price displayed was $399. It was quickly removed. It was re-listed shortly after at $449. My distributor provided a credit for difference and there was peace in the World. Since then, it has been crazy, crazy, Crazy, Crazy, CRAZY, CRAZY CRAAAZZZZEEEEE!

2 years later
#5231 8 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Does anyone know the part number for the posts on either side of the center target? I can't find them in the manual.

This might be the one;
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-hex-bumper-post-530-5679-00.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5679-00

3 months later
#5364 5 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So what should we expect from the new LE?
What will be unique about it?
No signature since Steve is gone....... wonder if it'll be really neat like EHOH BRK, or phoned in like JP30th.

Perhaps after looking at Elton John's release, Stern recognized that screwing with Steve's design shot themselves in the foot.

Maybe they'll release it as Ritchie had designed it.

3 months later
#5497 39 days ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can someone show me the spinning metal opto actuater. So I know what I’m looking for once I get under the playfield!

Page 46 in the Manual (note the use of Loctite 222 for the screw);
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/BlackKnight_LE_Pre_web.pdf

BKoptoFlag (resized).jpgBKoptoFlag (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5519 24 days ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. I have a friend who bought my topper off me ( interstate). Was all working fine on my machine pro...
He is having issues when he plugs it in he gets node 189 fault.
It then lights up but the whole machine is glitchy with sound and power ...flicking on off on off etc.
Any ideas here guys? Thanks for any help..he is 1000miles away so I cant look at it physically.
He has tried reseating everything.

The Pro versus Premium/LE code releases are not identical. I suspect that old 1.01 PREM/LE code on the machine may not auto-program a PRO coded topper without conflict. I'd full-install the latest BKSOR PREM/LE code.

1 week later
#5541 12 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone know who makes large high-quality black Ostrich feathers for BK knight helmets? I'm looking for a feather like this guy installed, but not sure which feather this is or where he sourced it. I was looking at this site, but don't know how straight the feathers are or if they're good quality:
https://www.moonlightfeather.com/small-packs/ostrich-sp/10-pieces-19-24-black-ostrich-dyed-drabs-body-feathers/[quoted image]

This was 4 years ago from Moonlightfeather. Ordering bundles provided an ability to find one better than the rest. I suspected the 'perfect' feathers are used in their personal projects while 'OK' feathers are sold through their site. Many of the feathers were heavily trimmed; likely removing damaged areas. I suggest doubling the feathers and using electrical connectors to mount them.
MoonlightFeather.jpgMoonlightFeather.jpgRedBlackFeathers.jpgRedBlackFeathers.jpgConnector.jpgConnector.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RockfordReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=RockfordReplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.