IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2535 3 years ago

Just received my Prem today. I played the Pro and really enjoyed so I decided to buy the Premium. That upper playfield takes the game to another level, awesome game. I don't understand the hate towards it.

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I like the upper playfield. Learning how to loop it, using the target to score mode shots, and the lock make it a great addition. I like the added strategy of using the catapult multiball stacked with modes. And ofcourse, the stacking for 6 ball multiball is very cool. I enjoy the upper playfield more at home than I did on location. On location I just used it for locks. But, I can see the Pro argument. For less cost, the Pro is still a great game in itself. As a new owner (I've not even had it for a week) I would recommend raising the music volume and lowering callouts.

They need a setting to remove the jackpot callout during Catapult MB, that already wore thin. This may have the best spinner to rip in a game, so satisfying.

#2553 3 years ago

I saw a post about someone that had to replace plastic number 43, but what exactly was wrong with the plastic? I just got a prem with a build date of June 17th 2019, I haven't noticed any issues but just want to make sure.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

The new replacement piece of plastic has a built in post that pushes the rubber outward a bit from behind. Without this, when the ball rolls down that rail it usually goes right to the lower playfield. With that post protruding the rubber slightly, there's more of a chance of the ball getting sent to the upper flipper more often when the ball rolls down that rail.

Sounds good, I've just been nudging it to keep it up there. Is Stern sending them out for free?

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anyone here have a decent amount of playing time on both versions?
I dig my BK pro. Bought it shortly after release. Opted for it over Prem because I was underwhelmed with the sparse upper pf, and seems like the ball is up there a lot. Also didn't like that it was a clear plastic pf, like Elvis & WPT, as opposed to wood w/artwork and inserts etc. Looked cheap. Anyway, that's what drove my initial purchase. That and the fact the Pro is really fun.
Is this one of those titles where you should definitely go Premium, like AC/DC, or is it not so clear, like Metallica? Seems like the latter, but I have very little time on the Prem/LE, so I'm really not sure.
I am open to upgrading if the playing experience is really that much better.

I only played the Pro before buying a prem NIB. The ability to hit the target on the upper PF to advance against the monsters is a great option.

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Forgot to mention that. I'm 50/50 on that because I feel like it makes it kind of easy to cheese through modes if you're consistent on your shots up there. I think from a code perspective that needs to scale up the same way that lighting locks works.

I like it, I upped all the monster difficulties to hard to compensate. I like that it gives a reason to shoot for the dangerous flail lane and get up there for a few easy shots.

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have yet to try that, but I think I'm going to give it a shot. I also feel like it will make my bad games feel EXTRA bad, so i'm hesitant lol.

My bad games are bad, but I've saved a couple with Last Chance MB. Does the pro have Last Chance?

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Last Chance is hugely fun, but it has a huge problem too -- the game doesn't communicate the mode's nature to the player well at all. The first three players to encounter Last Chance on my machine all thought that something had gone wrong with the game. (Heck, I'm only half-embarrassed to say that I thought that too, and I've played the game before.) One of them walked away from the machine because he saw the lower flippers go dead and thought that he had tilted somehow.
My biggest pet peeve with modern pinball is that those big, gorgeous backbox screens often manage to communicate less information than earlier pins did with a small DMD.

First time I played Last Chance, it said what to do right on the screen, Lock Three Balls in Catapult and started counting down.

3 weeks later
#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Wow. Wonder how many people have ever done it. Has to be under 5. What was your score?

I've beaten the Black Knight twice in 100 games so far on my Prem. I feel all the shots are familiar but a little difficult, mostly the ricochets. I've even turned up the difficulty on all the monsters and the qualify to start a monster. This game is highly underrated, it a shooters game for sure, love it.

5 months later
#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I had the same issue on the one i played at my distributor a few times.
I bought a used LE and no issues with it.

The first few games on my Premium I noticed the flail shot was rejecting almost all the shots. Took a look under the upper playfield and saw a plastic ring that holds wires, right above the ramp near the back. I rotated it away from the ramp and haven't had the issue since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=PokerJake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.