IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Black Knight Feature matrix. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #27 Rules card. Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #539 remove upper Playfield Posted by Captainhook (4 years ago)

Post #4057 Link to Upper Playfield removal video. Posted by PeterG (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

On the list for a Premium!

1 month later
#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Agreed- I hate the power switch location on the new Stern games. Plus when you have a pingulp cup in between it really sucks....

It's the worst. And the resulting lack of a service plug in the cabinet can be a major PIA on location. Whoever justified this should be fired.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The power switch in the head it literally the dumbest thing they ever did. What’s worse is they know we hate it and that it’s a bad idea yet they don’t do anything about it.

At one point we had to put a sign on the front of the head at our location for these Spike games so the waitresses could find the power switches to turn the games on/off. We had a SW there that never got turned on for about a week because of this.

2 months later
#895 4 years ago

Guys I was able to update my Pro yesterday no issues to 1.0 code.

However, I now notice that the castle fire effect isn't working properly for me, the fire just flashes on and off without any of the "smooth" fire transitions, etc.

My game is on location so I didn't note if it was okay prior to the code update or not.

Anyone else had this kind of issue with the castle fire?

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Game on location is like that the whole time.

Sorry, are you saying that you have a location game that behaves the same way?

My game wasn't like this before, but I only noticed it after I did the 1.0 update. Just wanted to make sure nobody else saw it after they updated code in case it was a code issue somehow.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes.

Try to install the update again. The thing I wanted to say was only that I think it's propably pretty easy a cable shakes loose so the the fire Panel won't work as it should. So I would check that if reinstaling the update won't change anything.

Ah I see. Well I did a Full Update with Verification so not sure if re-installing will do much. I also had a quick look at the wires going to that LED panel behind the backboard and all I noticed was a simple 2-wire power feed to it. I might have missed someting but it seems the fire effect is created via board in the panel itself, which maybe fails after extended use on location.

I'll give Stern support a call.

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Uhm ... by the way it was marketed.
Perhaps you never saw any of the marketing, but take a look at the teaser trailer that kicked off the anticipation:
Then again, perhaps you saw it and it made you LOL. And that's OK if it did.
No pinball game is ultimately serious. But, just as in movies, video games and other fictional stories/worlds, you suspend your disbelief when you enter. But there still needs to be a fairly consistent and logical set of parameters established and followed to allow us to continue to maintain that suspension of disbelief.
Steve may have talked for 18 years about creating a "Beige Knight." Cool. But the game I bought specifically says "Black Knight Sword of Rage" not "Beige Knight Sword of Miffed."
For those of us who grew up with Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 and love the lawful evil nature of the character, suddenly giving the Black Knight in Sword of Rage an increasingly cowering sense of humor in a code update is not Black Knight 3 - it turns the game into a Black Knight reboot. And that's not what was advertised and why I bought one.
But again: just make it an adjustment along with adding an adult option and everyone will be very happy because whoever comes to own a BKSOR can select the Black Knight's persona based on where they're operating the game, thus tailoring it to everyone from HUO family with kids to adults-only locations.

Perhaps the Black Knight has just been misunderstood all these years, and he's really a pretty swell guy!

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Lord_RyGuy:I set my speech attenuation to 5 and it sounds great. I equate it to lowering the "preamp" so it stops distorting and raising the volume of the "power amp" (by raising the main volume from the coin door) and it should be loud and clear.

This the is the answer. I don't have my settings in front of me but cranked down the callout levels by increasing the Speech Attenuation and increased the music via decreasing the Music Attenuation on my location game, so the callouts were less booming and overwellming and you could actually hear the rockin' guitar tunes.

2 weeks later
#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I changed all of the GI bulbs to warm white, because I thought the red really hid a lot of the art, and the cool white didn't look "Black Knighty" enough.
If I could make a BKSOR wish, I would ask Tim to code a "Warmer Colors" mode that made RAGE and WAR look more warm like the original Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 colors. KNIGHT is cool as it is.
Anyway, here's what it looks like with Titan Warm Whites. If you were considering it, and you hated it, you can thank me for saving you some time.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So much better, it's not even close.

Did the same on my IMDN. I wish Stern would hire a light designer with a clue...

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The flames in the back don't work if the insert brightness is set below 100%.

Wow - thanks for posting this. I thought my flame panel was defective!

I updated my code to 1.0 awhile back and noticed the flames weren't working properly anymore, just flashing on and off. I didn't make the connection between setting my insert brightness <100%. I will try restoring this setting to 100% and see if it fixes it for now.

Nice catch!

3 weeks later
#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't know. I gotta believe every LE game that Stern releases with the visible 5.25" speakers and the speaker surrounds were intended to be lit, but cut for cost. Why not pick up better than factory speaker lighting for those LEs?
Individual addressable RGB LED lighting with 358 different color / color transitions and adjustable brightness and speed. These "Deluxe SPIKE 2 - 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" should be listed soon at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com
- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

Which kit provides the speaker-only lighting like in your pic? The website ones all light up the entire speaker rectangle which I find unappealing.

#1176 4 years ago

Is anyone having issues with the top-left gate not opening to allow for a super-skill shot consistenly (Pro)?

On my game it works about 2/3rds of the time. Always been that way. I kind of figured it was a sw bug at first but now I'm not so sure.

2 months later
#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Bug report:
I set my LED Insert brightness to 85% and max = 210.
Standard adjustments 72 &amp; 73.
My flame panel stopped working. I believe it is non-dimmable LEDs.
After reverting back to 100% and 255, it started working again
Has anyone else had this problem / can someone else confirm? If it's not just me, maybe it could be added to next software update.

Quoted from DrJoe:

Yes, I found this a month or so ago and reported it on here somewhere. Hopefully it can be fixed with software.

Yep. I thought my fire LED had crapped out but it was the dimming setting. I never would have thought of it had I not seen DrJoe 's post about it.

2 weeks later
#1812 4 years ago

So, has anyone actually gone ahead and installed a second magna-save button in the side of the cabinet like science and Jebus intended?

I'm thinking of doing it to my pro. Sorry if someone did and I missed it.

#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

For those of us tall enough and gutsy enough, it's much better where it is - we can quickly activate Magna-Save at anytime without ever taking our fingers off the flipper buttons: we just briefly lean over and into the game a little more from our regular stance.

Without trying to visualize that too closely...

I'd leave the original button in-place as a visual indicator that MS is ready, but only wire the side button to activate it. If I wanted both buttons to work I'd have to create some kind of circuit that would isolate them so pressing either would trigger it. Hmm, that could be pretty confusing on location though... Ah well, Magna Save isn't for the weak minded.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'll take a look - thanx for the clue. I've got a shaker in my machine as well and I know that has a tendency to loosen up some screws as well.

Pretty sure the shield coming loose is chronic issue, with the early builds anyway. Needs blue locktite applied to these screws.

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

wow, that’s crazy. Sure would think it would be related to the missing screw since I don’t see how that could just start out of nowhere. That’s a shame. I know it’s frustrating not finding that screw missing either. Unfortunately it may be from “under” or “in” something. I had a random tiny screw show up on mine and it ended up being under the plastics for the catapult, and it was one of the opto board screws...not good!
Not sure what’s up with this machine, but I’ve had to go through and loc-tite a TON on it, and I’ve had 3-4 screws randomly show up on the playfield. I’ve owned my AC⚡️DC vault for a year longer and NEVER had a single loose screw or anything on it. And both machines have shakers.

Yep. I just went through and re-tightened a bunch of the posts on the playfield in front of the flippers that had loosened off with play. Like a brand new game the rebounds off the posts are so fast and solid now.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

As far as code, dont get your hopes up and you wont be let down. I was a big advocate for this game but my enthusiasm has died. It is the best looking game stern has put out but the gameplay is lacking. It could be a great game if the code had more to offer. I own an LE and havent played it in atleast a month but i do enjoy looking at it.

I hope Tim isn’t tagged as the new Lonnie over this. Maybe he’ll surprise us all yet...

2 weeks later
#2023 4 years ago

Is anyone having intermittent issues with the super-skill shot gate not opening when the left flipper button is held at plunge?

On my Pro it only seems to work about 50% of the time. I tested the gate in coil test and it seems to work reliably there so not sure what the problem could be. I originally thought maybe it was a sw bug.

Can anyone confirm if this is abnormal or not?

3 weeks later
#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Would be nice to see them add some more multiball modes to the game.

The Pro needs a two ball multiball, like the orig. BK had.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

The pro needs an upper playfield like the original BK had.
I kid, I kid.

Well, that ship has sailed.

Given how it turned out, I actually prefer the Pro I think.

2 weeks later
#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was getting an insane amount of airballs off the slings, misc posts, etc. Discovered that basically EVERY post in the game was loose. In some cases barely finger tight or less. Went through and tightened them all and it plays much better now. Still get an occasional airball, but no where near as bad. At minimum check your sling posts and the posts around the knight, ramps, etc. But it wouldn't hurt to check them all. Not sure what Stern is thinking, but they really need to check and follow their torque specs. Most of my newer machines have had this issue, but none quite to this extent.

This! My location pro has needed virtually every post and screw going into the playfield tightened.

- Shield fell off first, then the posts around the centre of the PF beside the knight all came loose. Games plays so much faster with these nice and snug.
- Then the ball guides next to the flippers came loose, and last week the flail started hitting the ramp. The entire knight assembly was loose and rocking in place. 4 giant machine screws with nylon nuts and it still worked its way that loose. Had to take the entire area apart to get at those and used blue-loctite on them.
- Finally the left spinner upkicker guide was flopping in the breeze.

I'm pretty sure they didn't tighten things down very well at the factory when these were being produced, possible due to the PF pooling and chipping issues?

In any case, definately check everything on your games and keep them nice and tight.

#2296 4 years ago

Those look great! Maybe a shade of purple that matches the backglass for the lighting?

1 week later
#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Has anyone had an issue with the flail hitting the metal ramp? One of the balls on the flail is striking the center ramp but not the other... I had not noticed it until last night but it is causing a good amount of damage to the ramp.. I can also hear it hitting which I never heard before.. The knight is tight, the spring is tight and firmly attached. I tried to push the ball on the end of the spring but it did not budge, maybe it is coming loose or sliding off? Has anyone seen this?

Yes. The entire Knight assembly had come loose and was rocking on it's bolts.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5482318

5 months later
#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I usually ignore all shots other than going up top and hitting sky loops to crank my monster hits

Pro model for the win!

4 weeks later
#2997 3 years ago

Is it just my game, or does everyone's topper not obey the setting to disable it during attract mode?

Kinda of sucks since I like to leave my games on but not keen on the Knight wearing his gears out moving around all day for no particular reason.

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I know a very good player who has an LE and he said and also others to get the prem/LE.
Played the LE but not a pro, seemed good to me.
I have heard people with pro’s say this too but none about for me to try

Ignorance is bliss, get the one you've been able to play and enjoy and forget about the other.

#3044 3 years ago

I recently bought the clear slings and ball guide set from PBL for $9.99. Can't beat that.

Not a fan of colored protectors due to the color-washing effect they have.

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

I’m assuming this isn’t normal and that I’m missing a spacer on one side of my flail, right? The ball freely moves between the end of the rod and the spring. See pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, if by "spacer" you mean the black zip ties that Stern used for this purpose. Fortunately should be an easy fix, just apply a new zip tie.

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I am debating between an BK LE and a DP LE.

I have BKSoR Pro and DP Pro next to each other. Both fun, both in-your-face aggressive. I'd give the nod to DP if I had to choose one. Better shots, with more variety overall.

1 month later
#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I had a loose flail ball and it scuffed the lower ramp directly under the flail. I cannot identify the ramp part in the manual. Working with Stern, but hard to replace when we can’t find a part number. It’s different that the Pro version Marcos offers because of the thunderbolt cutouts for the LED’s. They show the upper ramp, but not the lower. Anyone have a part number or suffered this ramp fate?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine did the same thing. I just live with it.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Did you replace the flail?

No, the problem was caused by the large nuts holding the whole knight assembly coming loose, which allowed the knight to dip left causing the flail to start hitting the ramp.

I applied blue locktite and re-tightened the knight down, problem solved.

Also, the scuff marks on the ramp are not super noticeable and have grown on me, kind of give the flail more gravitas to see the damage it can inflict!

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Are they planning another code update on this pin or is a deal where we just don't know yet? Any rumors floating around regarding future updates?

Very low probability. Maybe if they decided to vault it someday, but resale prices would need to go way higher for that to be a thing. I think we've got what we're getting on this one, Stern has moved on.

1 week later
#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe after they get Led Zeppelin out the door and ready to go. I imagine Tim has been very busy in the lead up to that release. Maybe by the time I actually find one on the used market, the code will receive it's final polish.

Don't kid yourself. They are done with BKSoR, don't expect a single additional code update unless someone discovers a game-breaking bug.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Not sure how they are going pump out LZ when people are waiting for games like Avengers and JP.
Probably TMNT also.

They are stuffing the sales bookings for 2020, obviously. Why wouldn't they take orders on games they can't produce for months while they can? Someones bonus no doubt benefits greatly from the "orders booked in 2020" number, regardless of how many they actually manufacture and ship.

Nothing inherently wrong with it, I guess, so long as folks realize how long they might be waiting for their game when they order it.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

With network support coming to the Stern line up at some point in the future, it's my belief that BKSoR will be updated to include that like it was for the Jukebox mode. There's no guarantee of course - but that's what I think will drive the next update. Will that update contain anything else though? I absolutely hope so, but don't have much confidence now.
One thing I am confident on is there's no chance of an update coming before LZ hits at least 1.00.
I think 1.02 was the chance Tim had to fix the last few bugs and add those bits of polish the game really needed - and he didn't/couldn't. Even on something as small as adding a missing slide to the Quick Info screens to show the current progress towards the next U-Turn award (which was pointed out to him back in April). Working on my own homebrew, I know how simple that would be to do code wise (and how few minutes it would take). A tiny change that has no impact on possible rule/scoring imbalances. I'm left scratching my head wondering why even the smallest things were overlooked in the last update.

Network support will use a new Spike 3 board and won't be compatible with older games.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Just a friendly reminder, Check your posts First time I've really dug into this game since I've had it (was putting some titan rubbers on) and noticed several posts leaning.. turns out they weren't tight at all. All 3 screws were cross threaded in the t-nuts not allowing to get tight. Right sling plastic was slightly warped as well. Lucky I had a couple screws and t-nuts on hand (one of the screw posts broke off in the t-nut.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, especially those posts right in the middle/front that take a beating from the ball. Also check that the whole Knight assembly is bolted tightly to the PF or your flail will eventually start to hit the ramp.

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I put together a list of bugs and feature improvements awhile back. I've cleaned it up a bit as Tim did address some things in the 1.01 update at the start of the year. This list is based on my experience with my PRO, with just under 1700 games. The lists are not in any particular order and the improvements are only based on my own opinion - so I don't speak for everyone with the things I list. Some of the improvements are not likely to ever happen, but will list them anyway
--= BUGS =--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[Magma Beast fight]
This is assuming you're not using the sword of rage. By default this mode requires 8 shots to complete. When you clear all 7 lit shots, it should then relight all 7. It only relights 6, with the last shot you hit not relighting. This crept in with the 1.02 update.
[Mode intro music]
Easiest way to replicate this is to have a monster mode active and then shoot the left saucer to start Knight mode. The Knight retro music will start playing while the monster mode complete screens play out. The lit shots on retro mode 1 will also start playing here too. The retro music will then reset once the Knight mode intro starts. Another way to see this is to light mystery and start Black Castle. The Black castle music will play over the top of mystery and then reset once the Black Castle intro starts. This could be more of a polish item, but as a coder, I view it as a bug.
[Lich Lords Sword of Rage]
The Lich Lords is the one mode you don't want to activate the sword of rage in as it will result in less points. All other monster battles (beside Black Castle) are made easier AND more valuable scoring wise by activating the sword. Here though, the mode is made easier with all shots lit and only 4 shots to complete - but this results in less points being available (even though each shot is worth more with the sword active). You're better off not using the sword, clearing the 3 shots and then doing it again. The way I think this mode should play out (to keep it in line with the other monster battles with the sword active) is to light all shots (currently happens) but instead of only requiring 4 shots to complete, each shot needs to be hit twice. First to tag and the second to clear. Do this for 4 shots to complete the mode. This keeps the battle in the same format and would then reward the player with the proper points for using the sword in this mode instead of penalizing them.
[Average Scores audit]
This value has always shown 00, so is never updated. This audit may have no use in BK, but though I'd list it anyway.
--= IMPROVEMENTS =--
[Monster intros]
The ROARS that were in the monster intros at 1.00 were fantastic. The Lich Lords and Hydra were awesome! My neighbors could be forgiven for thinking all hell was being unleashed next door. These were sadly nerfed with the 1.01 update and now sound far too soft. They need to be restored to their proper glory. This is Black Knight - Sword of Rage, not The Black Knight - Petting Zoo.
[Retro Mode 1]
This mode has an awesome soundtrack and I love the retro sfx. But I find it really uninspiring to shoot. It's a mini wizard mode that's not easy to reach so should be rewarding. The lit shots are not worth much (even after the 1.02 update) and there's no interesting logic or advancement to the mode. Simply clear the shots and start over again. No additional rules or even an extra ball available. The mode relies far too heavily on having multiple supers active and leveled up - but that requires so much set up that most players will never be able to take full advantage of the mode. Add to the fact that if you lose your ball right before starting the mode, the best you could hope for is all supers at level 2, which still requires a lot of set up and presents risk that isn't worth the payoff at that point.
[Black Castle]
All other monster battles let you continue when lose your ball. Even if they time out, you can start them again by hitting the flail/knight/shield X number of times. After all the effort in reaching this battle, it's so deflating being sent back to the start should you fail. There's no ball save at the start. No ball save available with in the mode. You can't stack multi ball with it. You're forced to hit the 3 most dangerous shots in the game 12 times. The flail and shield are well known for sending the ball straight down the middle with no opportunity for the player to react. By all means have an option to send the player back to the start under comp settings. But in the home environment, the current set up should never have been the default. It otherwise has an awesome music track and is an enjoyable shot layout to battle against the Black Knight. But the way in which the player is punished (often due to bad luck from the shield or flail) is not fun.
[Instant Info]
Right now instant info does not show information of the progress of U-Turns towards the next award. It would be good to also see here what the current value of each super is worth. For example: Super pops - level 2 - 50K, Super slings - level 1 - 15K, etc.
[U-Turn progress animation]
The number of u-turns required until the next award can often be hidden behind the skeleton animation that plays over the top of it. This often makes it hard to determine how many more you need until the next extra ball is ready - especially when the number is below 10. The animation needs to be moved or the text moved to make this easier to read. Even some call outs here would help.
[Multiball Progress UI]
I'd love to see the Triple Knights Challenge multiball progress shown on the main UI. Yes it's viewable in the Instant Info screens, but I see value in having this added as small orbs/gems that light based on what you have locked. As a player I can instantly see where I'm at with the progress and factor that into my play.
[Challenge mode]
I love the challenge mode in my JP. When I'm tired of the normal game, I love playing Escape Nublar. On top of that, I can either play it for points OR speed run it since it has high score tables for both. It just adds a nice layer of variety onto an already polished game. Some sort of boss rush mode or challenge mode against the Black Knight and his army would be a great alternative to the normal game that gives players more options when switching the game on.
[U-Turns]
Right now there are only 2 awards from U-Turns - extra balls at set levels. Most players will never reach the second extra ball level. This could have other awards available as you progress the counter like KNIGHT letters, points, 2X playfield scoring, ball save, etc. It doesn't need to be locked at just 2 awards.
[Supers]
This is one my real annoyances with the game scoring and has been for some time. In their current form, I find them mostly useless. When you activate a super, it's random. There's no way of knowing which super you'll get. I can't use skill to activate supers I want. I have to rely on the RNG gods and pray it's pops or spinner. I find it limiting too that the supers get cleared out on losing a ball or collection. I find that collecting the super jackpot is only ever worthwhile after Retro mode 1 - that's only IF I managed to get some supers active before starting it. Otherwise, the few million points that builds up just isn't worth spending my magna save. Speaking of which...
The other things is collecting supers via the magna save - ok, it was an idea and it's been tested - but it's just not good. As a player, I should not have to sacrifice my magna save AND have it hit the right return lane switch to collect the super jackpot. Right now, I will always shoot the ball either to the ramp or left saucer and press the action button while the ball returns down the rail. The game plays the magna save animation and triggers the magnet, but the ball is safely on the rail.
I don't know what the right way to improve supers are. In a game with limited content, I'd love to bring them into my play more. But I don't find there's enough payoff in general play and no real reason to use them.
[Knight letters]
Right now it's far too difficult to spell Knight twice to reach the second retro mode. Only 1 letter is available from each monster. It's a very, very rare mystery award. You can get one by advancing far enough into multi ball. All others are from WAR hurry up, which is often dangerous since it's always the same 3 central targets that can each result in a straight down the middle response. There are a number of other ways they can be awarded. U-Turns, skill shots, drop targets, pop bumpers, etc.
[Retro mode selection]
Two issues I have with the second Knight mode (RANSOM) - 1) It's near impossible to reach (only been there 3 times in 1700 games) and 2) It's a short 60 second mode - which means it's over all so quickly after the very long journey to get there. Allow the player to select which Knight mode they want to play once they spell KNIGHT. It allows the player to have some variety in which retro mode they play and also allows players to make a decision based on strategy - Do I have lots of supers going? Then retro mode 1 seems like a good move. Limited or no supers? Retro mode 2 makes more sense.
[Additional multiball on PRO]
Right now on the PRO, most players will only ever see Triple Knights Challenge and Retro Mode 1. Retro Mode 2 - RANSOM - as fun as it is, is locked behind such a difficult wall most will never see it. Same for RAGE - which is locked behind having to defeat the Black Knight on 1 ball. This leaves PRO owners with only 2 accessible multiball modes. The game is crying out for either a smaller 2 ball multiball and/or the inclusion of Catapult multiball. The game already has all the assets for catapult, so a chunk of the work is done. It's been mentioned before that it could be done by lighting locks via the drop target bank.
[More lower level content]
If Retro mode 2 and RAGE absolutely have to be locked away behind difficult requirements, then more obtainable lower level things need to be there for the average player to enjoy. Combo shots or Mini battle challenges for example.
[Secondary monsters in each realm]
I have sometimes wondered if originally there were plans for multiple monsters in each of the realms - perhaps for second play through once you get beyond the Black Castle. Or even to add variety each time you play. This would certainly be a nice addition to help add that extra layer of variety to the realms. This requires a lot of work though with assets, etc - so won't happen.
[Alternative sound track]
Great to see this added in 1.01, but would like to have this as a selectable option at the start of a game. Having to go into the service menu to switch between them is not helpful. This could be implemented by holding both flipper buttons in before starting a game and selecting to start a game with the desired sound track.
I think I might have missed a couple of small things - but that's most of the items I've spoken about for the last 12 months. It's a good game - it has a solid core with great potential. It's just being held back sadly.

I think you nailed it with this list.

2 months later
#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Video to check out the alternate soundtrack:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SaUkXPAa3z6ogsEE7
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egVqrLHmdObIs_hFZv73lqySNQDXcW_e/view?usp=sharing
Nothing to lose by trying it out since you'll burn that image to a new SD card. Pop out your SD card, insert this one and you can swap back and forth. You won't lose settings or high score because they're saved on your original SD card.

This sounds really cool. Any way to get a version for the Pro model?

2 months later
#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone have a decal that can cover up this chipped off of artwork?[quoted image]

I *think* Cliffy has a protector that would cover that damage. Look for his DP rail protector.

My game did the same, I was able to hand touch-up the missing color with some hobby paints and then covered with a small piece of mylar - after installing washers under the rail supports to life it off the playfield to avoid any further damage. I can't fathom why Stern hasn't figured out they need to lift these rails a few mm...

#3919 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shaker Motors:
Do the shaker cues in BKSOR make a shaker a must-have?
Does it shake for anything apart from jacks, supers, WAR hurry-up completions, and hits to the BK during BC?
Who is running a Pinball Life generic shaker?
Who has the capacitor kit from Stern installed to beat the slam-tilt switch issue?

I was pleasantly surprised with the shaker motor integration on my BKSoR Pro. Relatively subtle, but effective. I have the generic PBL Spike 2 shaker. No idea what you are referring to re: slam tile switch issue?

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks for your take. It's encouraging that you're able to use the cheaper PBL shaker without a problem.
The capacitor kit is described here...
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-ShakerMotorAdvisory.pdf

Interesting. I've had no issues at all with my shaker without that kit. I only bought it last fall though so maybe PBL updated their design or something to avoid the slam tilt issue?

#3952 2 years ago

Hey guys, I'm selling my amazing BKSoR Topper as I've just sold my game.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115730 if you're interested.

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

D’oh. Wish I would have known you were selling. would have bought game and topper

Sorry about that, game went to an acquaintance who had first right of refusal. He just didn't want to stretch for the topper too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.