IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 112.
#401 4 years ago

I still see "Invalid" in the Mystery awards after patching and the ball save award still doesn't work. Does Stern test their code at all? This happened with Munsters too where they would list things that were not actually fixed and then fix it for real in the next patch.

Very minor bugs but also very frustrating since it gives the impression that Stern doesn't care enough to have decent testing process for their code and bugs.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I still see "Invalid" in the Mystery awards after patching and the ball save award still doesn't work. Does Stern test their code at all? This happened with Munsters too where they would list things that were not actually fixed and then fix it for real in the next patch.
Very minor bugs but also very frustrating since it gives the impression that Stern doesn't care enough to have decent testing process for their code and bugs.

I've noticed this as well. The skills shot works most of the time for me but something the gate up top doesn't open and it's like up you missed. The lights are fixed though.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I've noticed this as well. The skills shot works most of the time for me but something the gate up top doesn't open and it's like up you missed. The lights are fixed though.

I could also just be crazy I keep trying to reproduce it and it's not happening. I get the one more game feeling like a mofo on this game. Love the music and crank the fuck out of it on my headphones. Best $100 pinball mod ever. The game room is quiey so no complaints about music being to loud muhahahah

#404 4 years ago

Any reason to plunge to lower playfield ?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any reason to plunge to lower playfield ?

Yep! I like to stack the multi balls. Load 2 in the catapult then focus on the 3 behind the shield. Then once you start that multi lock the last one in the catapult for 6 ball multi ball. Such fun! So after I lock 2 in catapult I launch to lower so I can finish the shield one.

#406 4 years ago

Latest BK3 accessory listed. Seems like something they could have added to all machines and or the LE model at the very least. 92$ total with shipping.

BlackKnight-Plunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgBlackKnight-Plunger_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#407 4 years ago

I just ordered one for mine. Now we just need the topper!

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yep! I like to stack the multi balls. Load 2 in the catapult then focus on the 3 behind the shield. Then once you start that multi lock the last one in the catapult for 6 ball multi ball. Such fun! So after I lock 2 in catapult I launch to lower so I can finish the shield one.

Seems like you could just launch to upper let it come down wireframe .

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Seems like you could just launch to upper let it come down wireframe .

Depending if validated, could mean precious ball save seconds

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Depending if validated, could mean precious ball save seconds

I hear you just seems like the safer shot more easily controlled .

#411 4 years ago

Hey everyone! I’ll be streaming the black knight LE today with new code. 3pm eastern. Would be nice to have some of you LE players there to help us learn the new code! Also there will be prizes for random viewers in the chat so come hang out with us!

Main thing I’m unclear on is how to relight your locks for catapult MB after you’ve played it once.

Thanks!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone! I’ll be streaming the black knight LE today with new code. 3pm eastern. Would be nice to have some of you LE players there to help us learn the new code! Also there will be prizes for random viewers in the chat so come hang out with us!
Main thing I’m unclear on is how to relight your locks for catapult MB after you’ve played it once.
Thanks!

There is a light lock switch on the upper playfield that you need to hit, one of my big complaints is this switch has no light or anything, feels hidden.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

There is a light lock switch on the upper playfield that you need to hit, one of my big complaints is this switch has no light or anything, feels hidden.

Ah. Thanks. Isn’t there just the one target up there? So shots are target, lock, and loop?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ah. Thanks. Isn’t there just the one target up there? So shots are target, lock, and loop?

Yup.

#415 4 years ago

Ok, need some feedback here. I was originally in on an LE until I saw the reveal stream. It looked like a drain monster....and I backed out. I finally got to play the pro version last night....and couldnt get enough. Is the upper pf worth the extra?

#416 4 years ago

I love the upper playfield. It adds a lot to the game. As others have mentioned, you can get a six ball multiball by building the catapult and knight mb at the same time. Trying to loop and then lock is tough as hell. No way is the upper playfield easy. Nice to have a Stern that is not 2-flippers. And yes, I don't care what anyone says, Black Knight is not Black Knight without the upper playfield.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Ok, need some feedback here. I was originally in on an LE until I saw the reveal stream. It looked like a drain monster....and I backed out. I finally got to play the pro version last night....and couldnt get enough. Is the upper pf worth the extra?

The upper pf is worth it. If you have funds you won’t regret it. The catapult and loops are super fun. The satisfaction of plunging and smacking the ball right into the catapult lock in one flip is dope. The multiball and stacking strategy is deeper. No disrespect to pro whatsoever I had a blast with that too, but they are different titles almost.

I also disagree with the growing consensus that it’s (either version) a drain monster. Ball save on left, player controlled magna save on the right. Never hit his shield when it is down. Never hit his chest during single ball play.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

Eric’s the man.

I’ll be streaming my LE in the next week or so as well.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

100% agree. Sneaking some sort of LED or insert or something creatively up there would have been super cool.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Latest BK3 accessory listed. Seems like something they could have added to all machines and or the LE model at the very least. 92$ total with shipping.
[quoted image]

Agree. Should have been on LE. Negligible difference to their profit and ever so slightly meaningful differentiation for LE owners that are basically bending over.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I was reluctant but extremely happy now. I love the layer of strategy it adds

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Love my pro. I understand the love of the upper playfield but was just too congested for me. Really like the openess of the pro, such as seeing the metal ramp all the way up and into the back of the game. Without the upper pf, there is still plenty of action on this game. Glad the upper playfield is receiving great reviews – happy for those that bought it – but am very happy with my pro and zero regrets. Just my opnion of course.

#423 4 years ago

Regarding that ball trap under the top right flipper, Steve Ritchie had said:

This is a symptom of a missing washer in the stack on the flipper shaft underneath the "ironing board."

It can be fixed on most machines by adding a 1" dia. X 1/4" hole washer under the ironing board. Most games included this washer, but I guess not all.

Even without the washer, loosen the hex screw at the flipper shaft and remove all up and down play in the flipper. Re-tighten and check if ball can be stuck behind the flipper.

Finally got time to work on this.

When looking at the schematic, there is no washer.

On mine, there was a washer above the 1" plastic spacer and below the "plug". However, that spacer was a 0.5" outer diameter. Replacing it with a 1" washer seems too have worked. There's still a bit of play in the plug, but not enough to trap the ball.

#424 4 years ago

SDTM LIVE Stream: Black Knight LE with Chuck Wurt and Pin Stadium Scott

Check out that camera UNDER the glass!

#425 4 years ago

Dear Tim Sexton,
Please turn the music vocals up in the next update.
Sincerely,
Your biggest fan.

Also just to constructively critique.
1. More confirmation when modes are completed.
2.Clearification of progress to defeating modes.
3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden.
4.Incorporate lower orbit gates open more.
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game.
6. Combos & combo champ
7. More to do with power sword.

#426 4 years ago

Also please add lighting to the upper playfield when a catapult super jackpot is ready to collect. Or if it’s always ready to collect, when the value is really high.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Dear Tim Sexton,
Please turn the music vocals up in the next update.
Sincerely,
Your biggest fan.
Also just to constructively critique.
1. More confirmation when modes are completed.
3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden.
4.Incorporate lower orbit gates open more.
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game.
6. Combos & combo champ
7. More to do with power sword.

Agree with all. Note you can fine tune the music and speech attenuation in feature settings. Negative means louder.

#428 4 years ago

Ive got the music attenuation to -10 and the speech to 3. But the vocals in the music need to be turned up. "You got the power, you got the might" part needs to be louder.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

One thing that bothers me with the current code is the hydra on the screen is shown with all 5 heads even when you cut them off. Why not show the hydra with the number of heads remaining? Would be cool way to display the progress in the mode.

#430 4 years ago

^^^ I thought the same thing! ^^^

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One thing that bothers me with the current code is the hydra on the screen is shown with all 5 heads even when you cut them off. Why not show the hydra with the number of heads remaining? Would be cool way to display the progress in the mode.

THIS X 100!!

#432 4 years ago

In fact, shouldn't the hands fingers be chopped off? I can't tell if any of the ice lords (I can't recall their names) die in the animation, either. And does that worm ever show damage?

#433 4 years ago

"This is the biggest lizard I could find!"

#434 4 years ago

Yeah good point. That would be a great addition to all the modes to have the enemies show damage as you complete them.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah good point. That would be a great addition to all the modes to have the enemies show damage as you complete them.

Even just a health bar or percentage... i feel like the additional graphics for cutting off hydra heads and hell hand fingers might be asking too much.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Even just a health bar or percentage... i feel like the additional graphics for cutting off hydra heads and hell hand fingers might be asking too much.

That would be a low end solution, but one that I would accept. Actual damage would be badass.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

That would be a low end solution, but one that I would accept. Actual damage would be badass.

Id be happy if it just let me know when they were defeated. And id rather the mode end when the ball drains. Not end in completion but end and need to be re-acquired to complete

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Yeah. Easy to say that would be cool to see, but probably a lot of work for the team to implement. Progress indicators of some sort are always welcomed.

#439 4 years ago

Downloaded the latest pro code .94 and noticed the Black Knight constantly talking (a lot of AHH, AHH) and the ball is not even in play. Also would be nice if when modes begin add some shaker motor rumbling as when the sand worm or hydra heads rise from the ground.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Downloaded the latest pro code .94 and noticed the Black Knight constantly talking (a lot of AHH, AHH) and the ball is not even in play. Also would be nice if when modes begin add some shaker motor rumbling as when the sand worm or hydra heads rise from the ground.

Sounds like the switch in front of the black knight is triggering.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Easy to say that would be cool to see, but probably a lot of work for the team to implement. Progress indicators of some sort are always welcomed.

But if they were able to reflect the damage progress in the images of the monsters themselves it would also present video game players (especially those who have not really looked at/played pinball before) with something extremely familiar to them. It just might entice a couple of them to give BKSOR a try and using the light side of the force for a change (which simultaneously means playing pinball instead of video games as well as perhaps playing a Star Wars pin next.)

#442 4 years ago

Tim Sexton,

Would love to see a flipper button combination to release the ball trapped behind the shield so we don't have to wait for a ball search. Left, left, right, top - or something like that.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:In fact, shouldn't the hands fingers be chopped off?

I think we're poking him in the eye. He goes a little bonkers after we hit him and his eye seems damaged in a quick scene before he comes back.

#444 4 years ago

I wonder if the shield vuk power is set too high. I found mine was pointed at the wireform correctly but that it would shoot out so hard it would rebound from the wireform onto the playfield. Reducing the power on that vuk in the menu has resolved the problem 100% over 20 games. See the old and new power values attached. As far as I know this doesn't hurt anything so just figured I'd share if anyone else was having the issue. NOW STAND UP AND FIGHT!!!
IMG_20190604_180229 (resized).jpgIMG_20190604_180229 (resized).jpgIMG_20190604_183224 (resized).jpgIMG_20190604_183224 (resized).jpg

#445 4 years ago

Double post sorry

#447 4 years ago

Thank you Mathazar ! That was very nice of you to do for me! Should I post the design in here? Or no?

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

Thank you mathazar ! That was very nice of you to do for me! Should I post the design in here? Or no?

Yes

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

[quoted image]

Ordered one after seeing the post. It arrived today and wow, has some size to it. I don't know if I'll launch from the skull-heads or the tail. The handle is lighter than it looks and appears antique-ish (photos without flash look represent the color well). Fun project for the weekend.

20190605_205607 (resized).jpg20190605_205607 (resized).jpg20190605_205617 (resized).jpg20190605_205617 (resized).jpg20190605_205623 (resized).jpg20190605_205623 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/9?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.