D97CEE43-3295-44EC-8FF3-F116858634BD (resized).jpeg
D499EB90-BA4A-497E-88EE-B491E44149E1 (resized).jpeg
20220611_155446 (resized).jpg
20220611_155512 (resized).jpg
IMG-20220717-WA0001-1 (resized).jpg
530-5679-00 (resized).jpg
25C461C2-0700-461D-9BCA-2F7DCB7F3E43 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 98.
#4851 40 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My auto launch stopped making it to the upper playfield all of a sudden. I’ve replaced the coil sleeve and cleaned the linkage, but that didn’t seem to help. The coil stop looks good, so I am not suspecting any issue there either.
Lastly I upped the coil strength to 240 in the settings which didn’t seem to have any effect. (Unless I picked the wrong setting)
Anyone have tips for that?

Check the alignment of the plunger with the ball. If you can take a video of the ball being plugged and watch it back in slow motion, ensure the plunger is hitting the ball squarely in the middle. If it's off to the side a bit, the ball may not have enough velocity to reach the upper playfield.

#4852 40 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Check the alignment of the plunger with the ball. If you can take a video of the ball being plugged and watch it back in slow motion, ensure the plunger is hitting the ball squarely in the middle. If it's off to the side a bit, the ball may not have enough velocity to reach the upper playfield.

It is the auto launch. The plunger is good. The auto launch “forks” look perfectly centered. Is it possible for the coils to fade over time? I mean I have games from the 80s with solid coils so I don’t know how likely that is.

#4853 40 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Quoted from Aniraf:

It is the auto launch. The plunger is good. The auto launch “forks” look perfectly centered. Is it possible for the coils to fade over time? I mean I have games from the 80s with solid coils so I don’t know how likely that is.

This applies to the auto launcher (aka auto plunger) as well. The forks can get bent out of alignment and the ball starts to veer off course. Record the auto launch, slow down the video and see if the ball is resting on the two forks before it launches. You're not the only one that has experienced this problem on this thread. Previous findings varied from slightly bent forks to worn out rubber tip on the manual plunger.

If all else fails, try waxing the shooter lane. That will get rid of any drag at least.

#4854 34 days ago

Any issues out there with the new 1.13 code?
I installed the code and my IC kit and now the game LCD freezes after about a minute, and all sound goes. Flippers still work.

#4855 34 days ago
Quoted from LowScores:

I installed the code and my IC kit and now the game LCD freezes after about a minute, and all sound goes. Flippers still work.

I haven't experienced any issues with the 1.13 update on my Pro.

#4856 34 days ago
Quoted from LowScores:

I had a similar issue when I installed my IC kit where the game froze the first few times after the install.

I swapped the WiFi dongle into the other USB slot and never saw the issue again.

#4857 30 days ago
Quoted from LowScores:

I tell you what, I made an account just to get involved in this because it's been driving me crazy. I just got BKSOR 5 days ago (my very first pin!!!! Woohoo!!), updated it to 1.13 and it crashed maybe 4 times in an hour of play and it's still happening, just not as frequently. The only thing I've changed since then is I reinstalled the 1.13 code and chose a full, verified update install. As a newbie I have no idea what difference that makes but there you go. I picked up the machine with something like 0.93 installed, old but it didn't crash once.

Worth noting that I've got a Pro and I don't have IC installed.

For me, a crash is the LCD animations stop dead, flippers still work for about 40 seconds and then the whole machine powers down and resets. This can happen on any ball and I've noticed it happens right after hitting a skill shot (I think). If anyone has any clue as to how to fix this or if they can point me in the direction of maybe getting my hands on 1.12 (if it's more stable) or something I'd appreciate it. I don't seem to see older code on Sterns site!

#4858 30 days ago
Quoted from yeahirock:

I tell you what, I made an account just to get involved in this because it's been driving me crazy. I just got BKSOR 5 days ago (my very first pin!!!! Woohoo!!), updated it to 1.13 and it crashed maybe 4 times in an hour of play and it's still happening, just not as frequently. The only thing I've changed since then is I reinstalled the 1.13 code and chose a full, verified update install. As a newbie I have no idea what difference that makes but there you go. I picked up the machine with something like 0.93 installed, old but it didn't crash once.
Worth noting that I've got a Pro and I don't have IC installed.
For me, a crash is the LCD animations stop dead, flippers still work for about 40 seconds and then the whole machine powers down and resets. This can happen on any ball and I've noticed it happens right after hitting a skill shot (I think). If anyone has any clue as to how to fix this or if they can point me in the direction of maybe getting my hands on 1.12 (if it's more stable) or something I'd appreciate it. I don't seem to see older code on Sterns site!

I'd reach out to stern for support. Even if you dig up an old version that works, there is a problem for sure as the majority of pros are not going to have ic. It should be working for sure.

#4859 30 days ago

seems the last IC big update is causing more than few resets on more than few pinballs... :/

#4860 30 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seems the last IC big update is causing more than few resets on more than few pinballs... :/

Yeah, I've seen it reported in a few threads across multiple games, for sure. No issues with my Rush Pro, so far, but I don't have it on for long periods of time.

#4861 30 days ago

Our BKSOR Premium is resetting occasionally after updating to 1.13.0

All older code versions seem to be unavailable on Stern website. Not thrilled. Hoping for a fix soon.

#4862 30 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Our BKSOR Premium is resetting occasionally after updating to 1.13.0
All older code versions seem to be unavailable on Stern website. Not thrilled. Hoping for a fix soon.

I have a BKSOR Premium as well, no IC. My machine is at 1.11.0 (I skipped 1.12.0) and I still have the "sword_of_rage_le-1_11_0.spk.zip" 2.2G binary file if you want it and have a place for me to upload to.

#4863 30 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I have a BKSOR Premium as well, no IC. My machine is at 1.11.0 (I skipped 1.12.0) and I still have the "sword_of_rage_le-1_11_0.spk.zip" 2.2G binary file if you want it and have a place for me to upload to.

Do we have the best community or what? Thanks man. I may take you up on that if Stern doesn't break the silence soon. Want to observe under what conditions it crashes a bit longer. Calling it morbid curiosity at this point.

#4864 30 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Do we have the best community or what? Thanks man. I may take you up on that if Stern doesn't break the silence soon. Want to observe under what conditions it crashes a bit longer. Calling it morbid curiosity at this point.

I'm in the exact same boat, I intend on reaching out to Stern but I want to properly note the crashes. Glad we're suffering together though, has me hopeful for a fix soon enough!

#4865 29 days ago

Stern should do a run of Toppers to make up for the code crashes!!

#4866 29 days ago

Nic I'd recommend the flash operation folks talk about. No reports of errors with the latest code on site for us.

#4867 29 days ago

After reaching out to Stern they acknowledged that there is an issue with this IC code and they gave me a download to 1.12. Good few hours of play put into it yesterday and not one crash! I'll be letting them know the same later on today after a few more games.

It's good that they're aware though, fingers crossed for a fix soon

1 week later
#4868 21 days ago

My Pro has been locking up after the last Codie update too. I think I still have the previous code. I started saving them all since the internet doesn’t. Is it okay to roll back?

#4869 21 days ago

I rolled our BKSOR Premium back to 1.12.0. Seems to be back to normal. No reboots reported yet... fingers crossed it stays up.

#4870 20 days ago

Reports like this are why I'm still on 1.01.

#4871 20 days ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Reports like this are why I'm still on 1.01.

If you don't care about IC (and if you're on 1.01 you don't) 1.11.0 is as solid as any release.

#4872 19 days ago

Anyone have advice on how to polish the balls on the spinning Flail. Mine are pretty dull & id rather not take this apart to do so. Thanks for any help, John

D57FADF2-45DA-42A3-80C0-85B7B567E65B (resized).jpeg
#4873 19 days ago

I think taking it apart and media tumbling might be the only way. I haven't seen or heard of anybody doing anything like that though. Those things look rough!

#4874 19 days ago

My friend who has this game said they are supposed to look like that. I don’t know.

#4875 19 days ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

My friend who has this game said they are supposed to look like that. I don’t know.

Yes they are meant to look like that. Adds more character to the toy. Leave as is.

#4876 19 days ago
Quoted from koji:

By spot a mode do you mean the catapult lock stand up counting as a hit on a monster?
Yes there are a few adjustments for it, including lock functionality in or out of modes, as well as if it counts as a monster hit etc. This can all be toggled.
Tbh there is good strategy to leave this default imo.. One of my favourite rule aspects here is to use the loop to go crazy on shot value, and then spam this in the last few seconds. . Real risk reward in maxing out shot value VS timer countdown and drain.
Also wonderful for catapult super jackpot.. One of my favourites of late..
For #2 I'm not sure.. I have it. It's the best topper ever IMHO. It adds no gameplay value. Monetarily it goes for around 2k and higher usd.?

When you mean adding shot value via loops are you referring to the skyloops? How much does each loop add?

#4877 19 days ago

I build a small mod. I'll get a premium soon ! I am excited !

It changes the colour really slow...

Greetings Daniel

Screenshot_20220906-084255.pngScreenshot_20220906-084323_(1).png
#4878 19 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

When you mean adding shot value via loops are you referring to the skyloops? How much does each loop add?

Yes, the repeatable skyloop shot.. sometimes I can get quite a few in a row.

I'm not exactly sure I recall how much per loop. I'll need to check specifically.

I can say that we have some decent monster mode GCs like I have a 179,600,000 Mud Bog GC... 145,400,000 Burning sands.

I don't always have a good eye on the LCD.. but it's tough since obviously, if you burn up your mode time hitting skyloops for shot values, you can be under a lot of pressure to wrap up the mode quickly.

I'm guessing perhaps it is the same increase as all versions have when you hit the flail when a mode is lit but not started. This also boosts the shot value for when it starts... but it isn't really viable IMHO, since the flail is typically dangerous.

#4879 18 days ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I build a small mod. I'll get a premium soon ! I am excited !
It changes the colour really slow...
Greetings Daniel[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy hell this is awesome. Fits in so well with the theme too! Where are you gonna put it in the game?

#4880 18 days ago
Quoted from yeahirock:

Holy hell this is awesome. Fits in so well with the theme too! Where are you gonna put it in the game?

Hey thanks, it's pretty easy.

The treasure chest i used is from the brand papo, just search it on ebay (papo treasure chest). I drilled a hole inside to fit a standard stern bumper lamp holder and added a slow led colour changing light bulb.
The crystals are from the brand green stuff, they are made of resin in the colour red (size small). But you can choose a other brand for sure.

Just glue them on the treasure chest and finish the lamp holder with alligator clips.

To be honest i don't have a clue where to put the treasure chest, because i still waiting on my game . But next week the wait is over.

#4881 17 days ago

Finally beat the doors into the Black Castle after about 600ish games! That last multi-ball is awesome!

I have a question for anyone that's encountered the same issue as me, maybe I'm the only one but I'll only know by asking. Has anyone got any experience with the ball getting caught on the little gate in the lock shot? It happens to me regularly enough that I'd like to see if there's anything I can do about it!

A ball search often sorts it out but I have also had games end where the ball search has tried it's best and the ball has stayed right in there. Even with the ball search though, it ruins the flow of the game for me. Any help is appreciated!

#4882 17 days ago

It's all over this thread. You need to bend the spring steel that holds the gate down so it doesn't exert as much force.

#4883 17 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's all over this thread. You need to bend the spring steel that holds the gate down so it doesn't exert as much force.

Makes perfect sense, I'll have to have a go at it later, thanks so much

1 week later
#4884 9 days ago

Survivor TZ trade for BKSOR Premium

F22984EF-F332-42AC-AA87-A0F55D1A9672 (resized).jpeg
#4885 9 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Survivor TZ trade for BKSOR Premium
[quoted image]

Nice, so BKSOR Prem incoming?

butt kicker for a butt kicker.. checks out

#4886 6 days ago

Looks like I might be able to get a BKSOR on trade... what's the current going rate for a BKSOR Topper? I saw a couple go over $2K at the beginning of the year but they seem to have dried up even at that.

This is one game that A TOPPER IS A MUST for me. Love the interaction with this one..

#4887 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Looks like I might be able to get a BKSOR on trade... what's the current going rate for a BKSOR Topper? I saw a couple go over $2K at the beginning of the year but they seem to have dried up even at that.
This is one game that A TOPPER IS A MUST for me. Love the interaction with this one..

Hard to find the topper now, way overpriced if you do.

#4888 6 days ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Anyone have advice on how to polish the balls on the spinning Flail. Mine are pretty dull & id rather not take this apart to do so. Thanks for any help, John

Mine were like this too.. I asked Stern for a replacment (back in the days) because I saw the flail on the demo game at my distro showroom and it was super polished (like pinballs). They sent me a new flail from the factory...Guess what, they were exactly like that (unpolished)....

I was planning to try and polish the new one with buffer and compoud but never got into it. It's still on my to-do list. I'll post picture before-after if that ever work.

#4889 6 days ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Mine were like this too.. I asked Stern for a replacment (back in the days) because I saw the flail on the demo game at my distro showroom and it was super polished (like pinballs). They sent me a new flail from the factory...Guess what, they were exactly like that (unpolished)....
I was planning to try and polish the new one with buffer and compoud but never got into it. It's still on my to-do list. I'll post picture before-after if that ever work.

one guy on here said they are supposed to be like that. I left it alone & just cleaned them. I’ve seen them on some games like you said all polished up. I don’t know how you take them apart to do that at the moment.

#4890 6 days ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Hard to find the topper now, way overpriced if you do.

Just like everything in pinball right now

#4891 4 days ago

I am in the Club... BKSOR Premium ...

I couldn't play it that far... Black Knight kickedy ass....

IMG-20220805-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20220805-WA0003 (resized).jpg
#4892 4 days ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I couldn't play it that far... Black Knight kickedy ass....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!.. welcome!

Go for some crazy Super Catapult Jackpots

#4893 4 days ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Nice looking machine!

Looks like you have plastic protectors EVERYWHERE! Or the camera just doing some weird stuff.

I have plastic protectors at the inlane/outlane and kickers only.

Anyway............gonna do my best right now to beat the Knight.

Welcome to the club.

#4894 3 days ago

Anyone grab the 1.14 release today? Yawn....Insider Connect only changes. Seriously doubting we'll ever see gameplay bug fixes.

LE v1.14 - September 20, 2022
==========================
Moved to System 3.22

- Corrected potential game reset issue.

- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
- The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or scanning
- the WiFi setup QR code.

- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
- and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
- WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
- to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
- inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
- signals are problematic.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
- Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
- set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
- mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
- the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
- Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
- adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
- registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.

- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
- "NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
- The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
- switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
- be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.

- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
- fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.

- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

#4895 2 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Anyone grab the 1.14 release today? Yawn....Insider Connect only changes. Seriously doubting we'll ever see gameplay bug fixes.
LE v1.14 - September 20, 2022
==========================
Moved to System 3.22
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
- The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or scanning
- the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
- and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
- WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
- to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
- inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
- signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
- Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
- set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
- mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
- the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
- Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
- adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
- registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
- "NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
- The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
- switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
- be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
- fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

Why would TIM not take the time to fix this game????

#4896 2 days ago

Yep. Super lame update. Fixing crap they broke with the stupid insider connected module push

You know what I don’t need? My game that I’ve played hundreds of times to tell me I’ve beaten all of the monster. What I do need? Polished actual game code and meaningful fixes.

#4897 15 hours ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

one guy on here said they are supposed to be like that. I left it alone & just cleaned them. I’ve seen them on some games like you said all polished up. I don’t know how you take them apart to do that at the moment.

So I finally did the polish test I wanted to do for years now...

On the first picture you can see the flail Stern send me from the factory 3 years ago, it look pretty much like the one I have in the game at the moment.

On the second pic, you can see I have polished the right side only, it look much better than the left side, you can actually see the reflexion of the camera and the paint can I used for reflexion test. The left side is still completely blurred and mushy.

Third image show both balls polished. It's pretty close to a pinball, but you can still see some of the "dimple" they had in the finish (at least they shine now )

I used a buffing wheel and green compound, and Mother's mag polish for the final touch (optional).

Now all I need is the courage to install it....

P1060752 (resized).JPGP1060754 (resized).JPGP1060755 (resized).JPG
#4898 15 hours ago

Nice work. If you do install I’ll take the old one off your hands. It looks really great. John

#4899 14 hours ago

I actually had my first power outage yesterday even after the update. Got to black knight multiball, flippers died, game lights did wierd stuff, ball finder kicked in and gave me a ball but never got to play the multiball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 4,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!