Upper Flipper Bat Assembly 2 (resized).jpg
9979C0D7-43D8-4EF2-BB6F-A647AF1F940D (resized).jpeg
Image from iOS (22) (resized).jpg
PXL_20220426_014740835.jpg
PXL_20220426_014721601.jpg
PXL_20220426_014712998.jpg
20220422_213123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.
#4751 66 days ago

Anyone know how to disassemble the knight? Have major issues with fail getting stuck on ramp and notice the entire knight assembly is very loose. I see no way of getting to the screws without taking the night apart.

Video (ignore the test shims on right side): https://www.veed.io/view/fed06848-8d6b-4ec2-ade9-8e4ba189c888?sharingWidget=true

Also added a pic of a very loose bolt behind the assembly (not sure if this one is playing a part in the issue as well, or not)

Image from iOS (22) (resized).jpg
#4752 61 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Anyone know how to disassemble the knight? Have major issues with fail getting stuck on ramp and notice the entire knight assembly is very loose. I see no way of getting to the screws without taking the night apart.
Video (ignore the test shims on right side): https://www.veed.io/view/fed06848-8d6b-4ec2-ade9-8e4ba189c888?sharingWidget=true
Also added a pic of a very loose bolt behind the assembly (not sure if this one is playing a part in the issue as well, or not)
[quoted image]

I haven't looked myself, but I would bet there is an exploded view in the manual. You can grab that from Stern's site under support section, I believe.

#4753 61 days ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

[quoted image]

I recall others have had this - try below

Quoted from Fytr:

No, the problem was caused by the large nuts holding the whole knight assembly coming loose, which allowed the knight to dip left causing the flail to start hitting the ramp.
I applied blue locktite and re-tightened the knight down, problem solved.
Also, the scuff marks on the ramp are not super noticeable and have grown on me, kind of give the flail more gravitas to see the damage it can inflict!

#4754 60 days ago

Anyone know if the LE cabinet art is available as a file somewhere? I wanted to make a customer insider connected instruction card and the Knight pointing his sword while on the horse would be perfect. Can't find any straight on shots to use, so far. Premium cab side would work too, but again, can't find any good files/pics.

#4755 55 days ago

Been playing with the Stern alt soundtrack. I really dig it. Makes the game feel like you're on a quest more than the metal soundtrack does. Got to the Black Castle the other night, but didn't beat the Black Knight. I hit the 3 lit shots and drained on the 3rd, as the whole playfield lit up purple to do more damage to him, I assume. The insider connected gave me the achievement for defeating the knight, even though I don't think I did. Had only been to the knight once before, on a non insider connected game and did not get very far, then, either....one more game.

#4756 55 days ago

Just found what I think may be a bug.

Logged into IC in case it matters.

Chose the Ransom Challenge mode.

Played the mode to completion with like 46 mil.

Expected to get the enter initials screen since it was the highest I've done the few times I've played it.

The game went into regular game mode with my 46 mil already there and was in ball 2.

I went ahead and played the game out to see what would happen.

Ended up at 226 mil or so and the game awarded me Ransom Champion with the full game score, not my 46.

Pretty sure that's a bug. Not sure if it has been reported.

#4757 54 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Expected to get the enter initials screen since it was the highest I've done the few times I've played it.
The game went into regular game mode with my 46 mil already there and was in ball 2.
Ended up at 226 mil or so and the game awarded me Ransom Champion with the full game score, not my 46.

You might want to report this, because I'm not running into this bug on the Pro model. This may just be isolated to the LE model only.

#4758 54 days ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

You might want to report this, because I'm not running into this bug on the Pro version. This may just be isolated to the LE version only.

I'm on a pro, as well. I'll report it. Haven't tried to reproduce it, yet.

#4759 54 days ago

I ran into the crash/freeze bug when having IC connected and found what's causing it.

The fix is to turn off the Reset adjustment (which is on by default) in the SPI Adjustments. This feature doesn't suppose to be on when Free Play is turned on.

Added 53 days ago:

*Restart not Reset

#4760 53 days ago

I joined the knighthood. Will be adding a shaker motor this weekend. What is everyone using for flipper rubbers and what is your flipper power set to?

9979C0D7-43D8-4EF2-BB6F-A647AF1F940D (resized).jpeg
#4761 53 days ago

Played Ransom Challenge Mode a few more times and have not encountered this again, yet.

#4762 52 days ago

Is there a plastic protector available for the super skinny fragile plastic that wraps around the right side shield VUK? I can see that snapping at some point. I don't see it in any of the sets folks are selling. I use clear lexan washers for slings and stuff, but would buy a custom cut piece for that VUK plastic.

#4763 52 days ago

Is there a plastic protector available for the super skinny fragile plastic that wraps around the right side shield VUK? I can see that snapping at some point. I don't see it in any of the sets folks are selling. I use clear lexan washers for slings and stuff, but would buy a custom cut piece for that VUK plastic.

Mine was snapped when I got it. Definitely a fragile piece.

#4764 52 days ago
Quoted from SNES:

Mine was snapped when I got it. Definitely a fragile piece.

Mine is good, so far. This game has almost 6000 plays on it and looks fantastic. I'll be installing my Cliffy saucer protectors soon. Waiting for my Nov Sword to arrive since I'll be working in that area and don't wanna dismantle the game multiple times. While I'm on the right saucer side, I'll see if there's any room for something or maybe trace that plastic and send to Cliff to see if he can make a metal protector. I don't think that plastic lights up, right?

#4765 52 days ago

Does anyone know the part number for the hex spacer/post above the upper playfield flipper? It broke off and I need to order another but I am completely lost.

#4766 52 days ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Does anyone know the part number for the hex spacer/post above the upper playfield flipper? It broke off and I need to order another but I am completely lost.

This?

Upper Flipper Bat Assembly 2 (resized).jpg
#4767 52 days ago

More likely this....

Upper Playfield Assembly (resized).jpg
#4768 52 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

More likely this....[quoted image]

Thank you but it doesn't look like it's identified. I went through the manual to look for the part. Here is the post I am looking at. Maybe I am just blind lol

IMG_0238 (resized).jpg
#4769 52 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I made a horrible mistake :/. I removed my upper play field to install a protector and upon reinstalling I broke one of the metal posts used to secure it . It seems that these posts are really soft aluminum and with barely any force it was able to sheer off the entire thread portion into the female post you screw into.
Does anyone know what posts are being used for the male and female versions? I can’t get to the female version right now because it is too hard to hold the upper play field while unscrewing it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just broke one of these. Do you know what part number this was by any chance? Thank you!

#4770 52 days ago

Mine is good, so far. This game has almost 6000 plays on it and looks fantastic. I'll be installing my Cliffy saucer protectors soon. Waiting for my Nov Sword to arrive since I'll be working in that area and don't wanna dismantle the game multiple times. While I'm on the right saucer side, I'll see if there's any room for something or maybe trace that plastic and send to Cliff to see if he can make a metal protector. I don't think that plastic lights up, right?

That would be cool. I don’t think it lights up either. Now to find a replacement plastic…

#4771 52 days ago

Finally beat the black knight when logged into Insider connected. Was kind of dramatic though. Last ball, last shot to beat him. Hit the shot but ball drains sdtm... I scream, but then see the achievement pop up that I beat him. So I guess we killed eachother at the same time.....

#4772 51 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Finally beat the black knight when logged into Insider connected. Was kind of dramatic though. Last ball, last shot to beat him. Hit the shot but ball drains sdtm... I scream, but then see the achievement pop up that I beat him. So I guess we killed eachother at the same time.....

That's what happened to me. I wasn't sure if I actually beat him or not since it seemed like there was more happening and I did not reach RAGE wizard mode.

#4773 47 days ago

Just joined the club with a pro model and I love this game but mine seems to have a weird issue on the right side. When the ball is rolling down the right orbit it hits the top slingshot post and bounces into middle of playfield instead of going to the flipper most times. Is this normal or do I need to start adjusting things?

#4774 47 days ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Just joined the club with a pro model and I love this game but mine seems to have a weird issue on the right side. When the ball is rolling down the right orbit it hits the top slingshot post and bounces into middle of playfield instead of going to the flipper most times. Is this normal or do I need to start adjusting things?

Mine seems that way as well. Giving the cab a smack as it is on that right rail helps it to the flipper. My game is steep and level.

3 weeks later
#4775 25 days ago

I took out my shaker motor now it has no sound everything else works fine. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

#4776 25 days ago

This only happens in Shaker Heights.

#4777 25 days ago

Captainhook shaker motors are required in shaker heights

#4778 24 days ago

GI flaking out / flail & shield optos quitting.

Howdy, I have a BKSOR on route and yesterday I got a call saying the GI was going out sporadically and the shield would not lift to allow ball in, as well as the flail not working. I browsed the forums, and it appears others have had similar issues. However, I never got a concrete answer on what the solution is/was...has there been any word from Stern on what exactly is causing this? I suppose those of you who have gone through it will know right away, but I don't see it being a widespread issue.

Anyone got any advice? I'm heading up to grab it tomorrow, and hope to have more info on what I'm about to deal with...

Thanks in advance.

#4779 24 days ago
Quoted from Wheelzzz:

GI flaking out / flail & shield optos quitting.
Howdy, I have a BKSOR on route and yesterday I got a call saying the GI was going out sporadically and the shield would not lift to allow ball in, as well as the flail not working. I browsed the forums, and it appears others have had similar issues. However, I never got a concrete answer on what the solution is/was...has there been any word from Stern on what exactly is causing this? I suppose those of you who have gone through it will know right away, but I don't see it being a widespread issue.
Anyone got any advice? I'm heading up to grab it tomorrow, and hope to have more info on what I'm about to deal with...
Thanks in advance.

Mine was a while back and I forget the exact details but I’m sure I posted it here. Soon after I got I NiB, my upper red GI would cut and it would show an error and I had some issue with the shield not working correctly. I swear it never impacted my flail tho.

After trouble shooting and swapping mode boards nothing helped.

Finally stern sent me a bag of all new GI bulbs and I went through the pain of replacing every one of them. Bingo, that fixed it. Some bad or failed bulb was basically causing a mini short or something.

#4780 23 days ago

I have a brand new flaming torch speaker mod i ordered 4 months ago that just came in i no longer have the machine just looking to get what i paid for it 140 shipped

#4781 20 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I made a horrible mistake :/. I removed my upper play field to install a protector and upon reinstalling I broke one of the metal posts used to secure it . It seems that these posts are really soft aluminum and with barely any force it was able to sheer off the entire thread portion into the female post you screw into.
Does anyone know what posts are being used for the male and female versions? I can’t get to the female version right now because it is too hard to hold the upper play field while unscrewing it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I used this part from Marco Specialties (02-4250-40). It's a bit longer, but it worked for me.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=02-4250-40

#4782 18 days ago

Anyone know how to remove the front part of the knight, the rubber on the left side of the bash target is missing. I tried removing the front 2 screws but the top platform wouldn't move still. Thanks!

20220609_124558 (resized).jpg
#4783 18 days ago

Just unscrew those front two screws and you should be able to shimmy the rubber in there

#4784 17 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Just unscrew those front two screws and you should be able to shimmy the rubber in there

This is the answer. I have to do this once a month it seems.

#4785 17 days ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I used this part from Marco Specialties (02-4250-40). It's a bit longer, but it worked for me.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=02-4250-40

You are awesome. Thank you!

#4786 17 days ago
Quoted from madamyates:

This is the answer. I have to do this once a month it seems.

Quoted from Chalkey:

I've tried twice now and I can't lift it up far enough to get the rubber inserted

#4787 17 days ago

I may be joining the club next week with a rather nice LE. Quite honestly one of the super-awesome things about getting a new machine is marking a new owners club topic in my favorites!

I'll be having a good read through the topic, but would be nice to know if there's any obvious things to look out for or possibly tweak with this one?

There aren't many key posts that have been marked, which makes me think that this one has been relatively issue free!?

#4788 16 days ago

It honestly is pretty easy peasy. Plus when pinside made it mods only for key posts nobody does it anymore.

#4789 16 days ago

Can anyone chime in on the current price of a NIB Black Knight topper? I just picked up a Pro and want to add one. I know they are pricey, and I'm good with that... just need to figure out if $2K is fair? I see one in the marketplace for $2600.

Also, I know these were much cheaper when new.. don't care about that, I've been on both sides of the topper market and understand there's a price to pay. Just trying to figure out fair market and be done with it.

Besides, this is THE best topper in pinball and a must have!

#4790 16 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Can anyone chime in on the current price of a NIB Black Knight topper? I just picked up a Pro and want to add one. I know they are pricey, and I'm good with that... just need to figure out if $2K is fair? I see one in the marketplace for $2600.
Also, I know these were much cheaper when new.. don't care about that, I've been on both sides of the topper market and understand there's a price to pay. Just trying to figure out fair market and be done with it.
Besides, this is THE best topper in pinball and a must have!

In my searches, you'd be lucky to find one at $2K right now. Just reality. These toppers are HOT HOT HOT.

#4791 13 days ago

Had my SOR for a while now.. contemplated moving it along, but really glad I did not, as I've been into it a bit more than ever now... seems like forever since I could input my name in the machine.

Feeling that going for mode shot value has to be the best strat on a prem... esp. early on, with 2x power, with the loop shot dialed in, coming out with ~140m modes is a great rush, especially since you're cutting it to the wire to get those last few hits in as the timer is almost up...

Had a 160m Super Catapult Jackpot shot come up on a really long multiball..., thought I might have had a chance to knock my son off.. but no dice :/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4792 11 days ago

Hooray I'm now an honourable knight! Arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with it. Actually have no space for it at the moment, so it has to go into the bar area for now while I wait for Star Trek to be picked up (bit sad to see that one go). My topper knight seems to be missing his feather plume but that's easily fixable.

Only played about 20 or so games so far, and it's still on v1.01 code - so will be updating today and playing a lot more. Also totally coincidental I know but 2 very weird things happened:

1) As I was texting a friend about the machine, I must have bumped one of the flipper buttons and the BK shouted at me "STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR PHONE"!!! I almost soiled myself...
2) About 30 minutes later I was framing a nice shot of my Stern whisky glass sat on the machine - again, pressed the flipper button and what did Mr BK shout at me? "KEEP YOUR DRINKS OFF THE GLASS PUNKS"!!!

I started to get very scared...

20220621_100520 (resized).jpg
#4793 11 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hooray I'm now an honourable knight! Arrived yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with it. Actually have no space for it at the moment, so it has to go into the bar area for now while I wait for Star Trek to be picked up (bit sad to see that one go). My topper knight seems to be missing his feather plume but that's easily fixable.
Only played about 20 or so games so far, and it's still on v1.01 code - so will be updating today and playing a lot more. Also totally coincidental I know but 2 very weird things happened:
1) As I was texting a friend about the machine, I must have bumped one of the flipper buttons and the BK shouted at me "STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR PHONE"!!! I almost soiled myself...
2) About 30 minutes later I was framing a nice shot of my Stern whisky glass sat on the machine - again, pressed the flipper button and what did Mr BK shout at me? "KEEP YOUR DRINKS OFF THE GLASS PUNKS"!!!
[quoted image]

Attract mode callouts, great stuff!

#4794 11 days ago

Anyone in here looking to get rid of their pro in the Midwest ( closer to Chicago the better!)? Shoot me a message if you are! Thanks! Cash or games to trade trades for your Black knight Pro!

#4795 11 days ago

I'm a proud owner of an bksor LE. On fathers day I was surprised with bk2k, now we have all 3 black knights

20220619_104134 (resized).jpg20220619_104147 (resized).jpg
#4796 11 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

I'm a proud owner of an bksor LE. On fathers day I was surprised with bk2k, now we have all 3 black knights
[quoted image][quoted image]

The banner also, well done

#4797 11 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

[quoted image]

Wow.. you must have received the SR-AI prototype! congratulations!

#4798 11 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

[quoted image]

There's a reason this game won CALLOUTS of the year in 2019. I'm still hearing stuff I hadn't heard and smile every time. Glad to have ya!

1 week later
#4799 2 days ago

Better later than never...

Bought a premium today.
Next week will be here.
Only 300+ games on it.

Can't wait to play!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 400.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Amherst, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
$ 8.50
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 4,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!