IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 112.
#4701 2 years ago

I might be purchasing a Pro . I love SR games with the flow and speed , but as I watch gameplay videos it seems the music is redundant
Any thoughts on this from an owners perspective ?

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I might be purchasing a Pro . I love SR games with the flow and speed , but as I watch gameplay videos it seems the music is redundant

There are two lengthy soundtracks. One metal with several different tracks, one orchestral with quite a few tracks as well. Also a couple hidden tunes. The music is one of the best parts of this game to me.

#4703 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

There are two lengthy soundtracks. One metal with several different tracks, one orchestral with quite a few tracks as well. Also a couple hidden tunes. The music is one of the best parts of this game to me.

Ok kool , I’m an 80s metal head so I do dig the music , just want a variety when switching modes , the vids I watched seem to be the same riffs

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I think it's a pretty good mix and the quality is great. The music changes up in the different modes and multiballs so it doesn't get too boring. I think cranked up with a subwoofer is the best way to play it!

#4705 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

buy it and don’t look back “meat-bag”. Lol
Forget the awesome music, have you heard the callouts?
The pro is super awesome!

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

It may sound redundant, but the number of music tracks is astounding.

#4707 2 years ago

Ok thanks for the replies

#4708 2 years ago

Did you figure out why the head was stuck on your topper? Was it the servo motor?

#4709 2 years ago

I tried to install that connected stuff in a pre/le but it kept resetting the game. I took out the micro SD and the wifi dongle for now until I can figure out whats going on. anyone else have this issue?

Also the piano wire that moves the black knights head around on the topper snapped, anyone know where to get one?
I sent my distro the part number to that and star trek stern ramps (cracked entry... stern plastic ramps suck), but been waiting 4 months now.
Figure worse comes to worse I'll just make one.

#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I tried to install that connected stuff in a pre/le but it kept resetting the game. I took out the micro SD and the wifi dongle for now until I can figure out whats going on. anyone else have this issue?
Also the piano wire that moves the black knights head around on the topper snapped, anyone know where to get one?
I sent my distro the part number to that and star trek stern ramps (cracked entry... stern plastic ramps suck), but been waiting 4 months now.
Figure worse comes to worse I'll just make one.

In my game, I had to switch the wi-fi adapter to a different one. My IC kit had the Startech or something like that, and whenever I logged into IC and played, the game would crash and reset. Troubleshooted with Stern and narrowed it down to the wi-fi adapter, switched it with a different brand one I had laying around the house, and it works fine now.

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

In my game, I had to switch the wi-fi adapter to a different one. My IC kit had the Startech or something like that, and whenever I logged into IC and played, the game would crash and reset. Troubleshooted with Stern and narrowed it down to the wi-fi adapter, switched it with a different brand one I had laying around the house, and it works fine now.

Stock USB WiFi adapters are total trash. I have swapped all of my games to this....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00

I've used these guys for YEARS. My pinroom is on the fringe of wifi so I was getting 1 bar not to mention it caused Mandalorian issues for whatever reason...didn't even want to try and connect to WiFi. Switched all of my games to this, and we are off to the races as soon as the game starts. Spend the 10 bucks.

#4712 2 years ago

Deleted (Double post)

#4713 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

interesting, thanks I'll give it a shot. you'd figure they'd have this worked out for the kits they're shipping.... guess not

#4714 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

interesting, thanks I'll give it a shot. you'd figure they'd have this worked out for the kits they're shipping.... guess not

Well, the one thing I pointed out was that the game should not crash and reset mid-play just because of a shaky wi-fi connection. Imagine that happening on your best game ever or something. It should just gracefully disconnect from IC and let you keep playing. Hopefully the tech will share that feedback with the engineers.

#4715 2 years ago

For the pro , does the original music play when you reach a certain mode ?

#4716 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

For the pro , does the original music play when you reach a certain mode ?

The retro music? Yes, it plays during the knight modes.

#4717 2 years ago

Retro knight multi-ball? Open the coin door and crank the volume !!

#4718 2 years ago

Just beat the game and made the Black Knight my bitch (Pro version, stock settings).

Spoiler alert: The Rage multiball/Wizard Mode that follows is terrible. Seriously, zero effort was put into it. I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin the disappointment for anyone to experience first hand.

BK Beat (resized).jpgBK Beat (resized).jpg
#4719 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Just beat the game and made the Black Knight my bitch (Pro version, stock settings).
Spoiler alert: The Rage multiball/Wizard Mode that follows is terrible. Seriously, zero effort was put into it. I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin the disappointment for anyone to experience first hand.
[quoted image]

You happen to film this one, Nick? I'd be interested to see it. Congrats on beating it. This one is an ass kicker.

#4720 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This one is an ass kicker.

still with last code ?

#4721 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

still with last code ?

The pro is an ass kicker. Premium is too easy. I haven't put many games on the new code, though.

#4722 2 years ago

My favorite quote in a long time:

I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin the disappointment for anyone to experience first hand.
[quoted image]

#4723 2 years ago

The pro is an ass kicker

yes i know, as i beat it too on a previous code (should be 1.01)
and from than, never played it again with latest (easier ???) codes, thats why i was asking

#4724 2 years ago

You happen to film this one, Nick? I'd be interested to see it. Congrats on beating it. This one is an ass kicker.

Wish I had it filmed, but no such luck. And thank you.

The trick was putting in the Insider Connected. I felt motivated to get through the game, in a way that I never was before.

#4725 2 years ago

Wish I had it filmed, but no such luck. And thank you.
The trick was putting in the Insider Connected. I felt motivated to get through the game, in a way that I never was before.

I now have two games with IC and as jank as some of thought this would be....it's surprisingly fun. You're playing and bam!...you hear that you've unlocked something. Really diggin' it.

Hey Stern....if you're reading this...can I bake you some cookies or something and get another 4 IC kits? They are reallllll f'n good cookies.

#4726 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I now have two games with IC and as jank as some of thought this would be....it's surprisingly fun. You're playing and bam!...you hear that you've unlocked something. Really diggin' it.

Yep, it just works.

Now though, it needs more, it's super basic. I know more is coming, but it's been awhile since this was released, and impatience is kicking in.

#4727 2 years ago

Anybody have the powerbladez on the BKSOR? How do you like them? Are they worth the money?

#4728 2 years ago
Quoted from playerofpin:

Anybody have the powerbladez on the BKSOR? How do you like them? Are they worth the money?

I have a set on my Premium and I love them. I think I posted a pic a while back. They look amazing when the game is powering up and when the machine turns off GI at various times. When it is fully lit you don't notice them as much.

As for installation, just take your time and follow the install videos out there. There is a slight bulge where the wiring harness comes in but it isn't too bad.

All in all, A- on the Powerbladz

#4729 2 years ago

I would have to think that there are, or at least were, plans to add another stackable multiball to the pro. The game uses 6 balls, but as far as I'm aware, you can only ever have 4 in play at once, on the pro, currently. Hopefully, we will get a nice fat update later, like with GB and GOT. Maybe we aren't whining loud enough lol.

#4730 2 years ago

I would have to think that there are, or at least were, plans to add another stackable multiball to the pro. The game uses 6 balls, but as far as I'm aware, you can only ever have 4 in play at once, on the pro, currently. Hopefully, we will get a nice fat update later, like with GB and GOT. Maybe we aren't whining loud enough lol.

I think RAGE might use all 6, but I'm not positive. I also can't remember for sure how many RANSOM uses. But either way, I agree that another multiball would really finish the game off nicely. I have said it enough to be a broken record, but there is literally no reason we couldn't have catapult multiball, and since the assets are already made, it should be a relatively easy thing to implement. Use anything you want to light the lock (I think I would use a drop bank completion since they aren't physically labeled as a specific function, but you could also use the Add Time standups or even the orbits), and use the left saucer as a virtual lock. The upkicker looks like a catapult anyway, so it makes sense. You could easily flash or pulse the lightening insert in front of it (if memory serves they are RGB, so you could use green, or alternate colors when needed for mode shots) to indicate the lock is lit. I am no programmer, but I am guessing this should be a pretty easy thing to do, and would be such a HUGE adder for the pro. I realize Catapult multiball was an "exclusive" mode for the prem/LE guys, but since they aren't being made anymore, and we are a few years down the road, I wouldn't think anyone would be offended that it trickled down to the lowly pros at this point.

Then again, there really isn't any incentive for them to add it either, other than to make us happy and build trust for future customer loyalty. It's probably hard for them to assign a dollar value to that to justify it. But...seriously...the assets are already there. I bet Tim could whip this up in a day or two! (again...I have zero idea if I'm talking out of my butt there...I don't know crap about programming).

Come on Tim...I'll treat you to foodtruck lunch at the next D82 tournament to show my gratitude!

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think RAGE might use all 6, but I'm not positive. I also can't remember for sure how many RANSOM uses. But either way, I agree that another multiball would really finish the game off nicely. I have said it enough to be a broken record, but there is literally no reason we couldn't have catapult multiball, and since the assets are already made, it should be a relatively easy thing to implement. Use anything you want to light the lock (I think I would use a drop bank completion since they aren't physically labeled as a specific function, but you could also use the Add Time standups or even the orbits), and use the left saucer as a virtual lock. The upkicker looks like a catapult anyway, so it makes sense. You could easily flash or pulse the lightening insert in front of it (if memory serves they are RGB, so you could use green, or alternate colors when needed for mode shots) to indicate the lock is lit. I am no programmer, but I am guessing this should be a pretty easy thing to do, and would be such a HUGE adder for the pro. I realize Catapult multiball was an "exclusive" mode for the prem/LE guys, but since they aren't being made anymore, and we are a few years down the road, I wouldn't think anyone would be offended that it trickled down to the lowly pros at this point.
Then again, there really isn't any incentive for them to add it either, other than to make us happy and build trust for future customer loyalty. It's probably hard for them to assign a dollar value to that to justify it. But...seriously...the assets are already there. I bet Tim could whip this up in a day or two! (again...I have zero idea if I'm talking out of my butt there...I don't know crap about programming).
Come on Tim...I'll treat you to foodtruck lunch at the next D82 tournament to show my gratitude!

And I'll provide the beverages.

Looking forward to The Great Lakes Open next month.

#4732 2 years ago

I would have to think that there are, or at least were, plans to add another stackable multiball to the pro. The game uses 6 balls, but as far as I'm aware, you can only ever have 4 in play at once, on the pro, currently.

I can confirm that the Rage Multiball (wizard mode) uses all 6 balls.

#4733 2 years ago

Just joined the club , and whoever said SW is more difficult then BK is nuts … this game is so Fkn brutal , SR you have another winner

#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Just joined the club , and whoever said SW is more difficult then BK is nuts … this game is so Fkn brutal , SR you have another winner

pro or premium? SW premium is definetly harder than BK premium imho. But BK pro is harder than premium

#4735 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

pro or premium? SW premium is definetly harder than BK premium imho. But BK pro is harder than premium

I think it's all set up. I've played some easy sor prems. And some very difficult ones..

SOR Pro has the advantage of a safer left vuk shot.

Prem let's you get through some modes with catapult and lock.

But it's pinball.. They are designed to be setup for difficulty by the operator.. So comparing them is not really valid.

#4736 2 years ago

I have a Pro and my SW was a premium . I kicked ass on SW but BK seems a more difficult

#4737 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I have a Pro and my SW was a premium . I kicked ass on SW but BK seems a more difficult

yea, BK pro is way harder than the premium/LE. SW pro is easier than the premium due to the ramp shot. Both tough games.

#4738 2 years ago

I made a custom plunger with a crystal skull. Now I have to find a way to put a light under it like JP has…

11AA7A0E-FC9D-43A7-9B94-75ADBEBD3E4B (resized).jpeg11AA7A0E-FC9D-43A7-9B94-75ADBEBD3E4B (resized).jpeg136C32F2-0341-471C-A01C-47D8AE7223BC (resized).jpeg136C32F2-0341-471C-A01C-47D8AE7223BC (resized).jpeg259D70D0-B9FA-416E-9FCF-5BEA4DA47D89 (resized).jpeg259D70D0-B9FA-416E-9FCF-5BEA4DA47D89 (resized).jpegA63CD3F4-6B90-44C1-9E0D-7F3AB222B36F (resized).jpegA63CD3F4-6B90-44C1-9E0D-7F3AB222B36F (resized).jpeg
#4739 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

an email I received from Stern support said no build date in 2022 for the topper. Not sure where the rumor for more rerun come from

probably started by someone looking to deflate the price of used black knight toppers lol

#4740 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

probably started by someone looking to deflate the price of used black knight toppers lol

Kaneda had a statement about Stern running a whole bunch of oos toppers... But sor was never confirmed... Still people figured maybe since they were doing a bunch of others.

#4741 2 years ago

Things which are *definitely* not going to happen to BKSoR:

a) Topper re-run
b) Catapult MB on the Pro
c) Me hitting 1 billion

We can keep dreaming though!

#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from Fubar:

Things which are *definitely* not going to happen to BKSoR:
a) Topper re-run
b) Catapult MB on the Pro
c) Me hitting 1 billion
We can keep dreaming though!

yeah.. all yours for the tidy price of 3.5k
ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#4743 2 years ago

Just brought home a pro from the local arcade here. It is a freeplay place so many of the plays are probably some kid starting a four player game and walking away shortly after

Playfield is in really nice shape from my quick initial look. It needs one opto transmitter for the front flail set. The crew said it had a couple coil stops replaced and maybe a pawl and coil sleeve or two. Traded my LZ for it and some cash. Looking forward to getting some time on this one at the house. I set it up last night and only had a chance to play a few quick games.

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just brought home a pro from the local arcade here. It is a freeplay place so many of the plays are probably some kid starting a four player game and walking away shortly after
Playfield is in really nice shape from my quick initial look. It needs one opto transmitter for the front flail set. The crew said it had a couple coil stops replaced and maybe a pawl and coil sleeve or two. Traded my LZ for it and some cash. Looking forward to getting some time on this one at the house. I set it up last night and only had a chance to play a few quick games.

Welcome to the club. Good trade!

#4745 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hey brother! Welcome to the club! She's brutal but you'll love it.

#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

only other thing I wish they would neuter is how often you can qualify catapult. Be cool if it was something like a once per monster option and then you can light locks. Think it would balance the upper and lower a bit better.

I went back through and checked the options, apparently there is an option to limit catapult MB's with modes. Stack that with having the option to get rid of the spot mode shots. It changes the game and forces you to come down to progress, thank you Tim and stern for adding these.

#4747 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. I’ve definitely been missing out.

20F6CE0A-906B-4235-8D17-987D4C0A8155 (resized).jpeg20F6CE0A-906B-4235-8D17-987D4C0A8155 (resized).jpeg35207BF3-040A-4DA3-8F2C-E41A3674A492 (resized).jpeg35207BF3-040A-4DA3-8F2C-E41A3674A492 (resized).jpegA53B4106-34E7-4265-888F-BEB044733DD3 (resized).jpegA53B4106-34E7-4265-888F-BEB044733DD3 (resized).jpegAA612871-7A8E-4673-BA53-C4D831AE238C (resized).jpegAA612871-7A8E-4673-BA53-C4D831AE238C (resized).jpeg
#4748 2 years ago

Joined the club, maggots! Mmmuhahahah!

20220422_212811 (resized).jpg20220422_212811 (resized).jpg

20220422_213123 (resized).jpg20220422_213123 (resized).jpg
#4749 2 years ago

I just played a Maiden Pro after my friend put his Stern IC kit in it. So, now the Pro has "Can I Play with Madness" mode like the Premium/LE, but it is only available if the game is connected to IC. I'm not sure if you have to be logged into IC to get it, but we were and it is there. I immediately went to the code readme and sure enough that feature was added with the IC update and is contingent upon the game being registered and online.

That got me thinking, we may see something like catapult multiball coming to BKSOR, as an IC bonus feature.

#4750 2 years ago

I spent some time on my pro tonight. I fixed the one opto that wasn't working for the front flail switch. I installed the neon orange plastic protectors for the slings and lane guides. Cleaned it up and swapped out a couple of rings. I also swapped all the white GI bulbs out with Comet sunlight frosted bulbs. Anyways this is what a machine looks like with 40000 plays ticked in the audits. As I mentioned before this machine was in a free play arcade so who knows how many of those plays were just a kid jamming start 10 times then walking away.

I played quite a few games on 1.11. Then I updated to 1.12 and installed (temporarily) an insider connected kit. I had the game lock up twice when logged in to my insider account. Then no issues for a few games after.

PXL_20220426_014712998.jpgPXL_20220426_014712998.jpgPXL_20220426_014721601.jpgPXL_20220426_014721601.jpgPXL_20220426_014740835.jpgPXL_20220426_014740835.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.