417097555_1228869401835703_4979142609357805569_n (resized).jpg
416920913_901717834755173_2602695712813108074_n (resized).jpg
416920911_355043443979959_1132858094408128494_n (resized).jpg
416897945_895423155646672_2278790504956894979_n (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).png
IMG_8726 (resized).jpeg
20231218_153713 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 110.
#4551 2 years ago

reading your advices guys

to me, not saying BK is bad...
but for sure this could be so much better, just needing a little more love from Tim (even if i understand not evbd is Lyman)

#4552 2 years ago

I see that godzilla has the same issue with the score showing in small boxes at the bottom of the screen. And also empty ones when you play alone. Strange since that is also a Keith Elwin like JP.

#4553 2 years ago

For the most part it seems everyone feels this game needs much more attention from Tim.

#4554 2 years ago

I spent time yesterday going through my various bug, polish & improvement notes from the last 18+ months and collated them into what will probably be my final email to the Stern bug report address for Black Knight. I ended up spending far more time on it than I should have, cleaing up things up, adding details and testing the game with the glass off to see if I could better describe an item.

There were originally some items about Black Castle and challenge modes that I was able to remove, so that's a positive

There's a number of items listed here that I know will never get done (unless maybe via DLC) - which is why I've moved them to a section titled "Large (dream) feature improvements". Even items in the "Small feature improvements" section are unlikely - but could see the light of day since they would be building on already established game features.

The items listed under "Bugs" and "Minor Polish" really should be addressed though in my opinion.

These have now been sent off to the Stern bug report email address. It's a bit of a long read - but I wanted to put as much info in as possible. As I re-read it, I probably could have included more details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUGS

Magma Beast fight shots not relighting correctly
---------------------------------------------------------
This is assuming you're not using the sword of rage. By default this mode requires 8 shots to complete. When you clear all 7 lit shots, it should then relight all 7 so you can make the 8th and final shot to complete the mode. It only relights 6 of the 7 shots, with the last shot you hit not relighting. I believe this bug was introduced in the 1.02 code update.

Retro mode intro music starting too early
------------------------------------------------
The way to replicate this where it's most noticable is to have a monster mode active, it requires 1 final shot to the left VUK to complete and retro mode 1 ready. Then shoot the left VUK to start the retro Knight mode. The retro music will start playing while the monster mode complete animation play out. The lit shots on retro mode 1 will also start early and be lit during the monster complete animation too. The retro music then goes quiet for the Knight mode intro before finally starting up again. Another way to see this is to light mystery and start Black Castle. The Black castle music will play over the top of mystery and then reset once the Black Castle intro starts. The retro mode music shouldn't start playing until the monster complete sequence is finished. Same with the Black Castle music - this should not kick in until the mode intro sequence starts.

Lich Lords - Sword of Rage scoring
-----------------------------------------
The Lich Lords is the one mode you don't want to activate the sword of rage in as it will result in less points. All other monster battles (beside Black Castle) are made easier AND more valuable scoring wise by activating the sword. Here though, the mode is made easier with all shots lit and only 4 shots to complete - but this results in less points being available (even though each shot is worth more with the sword active). You're better off not using the sword, clearing the 3 shots and then doing it again.

I've included steps below to help explain:

- Take glass off & start a new game
- Launch ball and use spinner to select Deep Freeze
- Hit middle knight target a few times to ready Deep Freeze and also fill power meter to full
- Start Deep freeze
- Activate power sword (now all shots lit making the mode easier and are worth 2X)
- Activate 4 shots to complete mode - you will be awarded around 25million points
- Reset game

- Start a new game
- Launch ball and use spinner to select Deep Freeze
- Hit middle knight target a few times to ready Deep Freeze (do not fill power meter this time)
- Start Deep freeze
- Tag all 3 lit blue shots & then hit any of them to clear all 3 & collect points
- Hit 3 shots to reset (left orbit, middle, lock)
- Tag all 3 lit blue shots & then hit any of them to clear all 3 to complete the mode
- You will be awarded around 55million points

That's an extra 30 million for NOT using the sword. The power sword serves two purposes in the monster modes - make them easier AND more valuable. This is the case in ALL other battles, except for Deep Freeze. You're essentially penalised (point wise) for using the feature here. It's a shame as the Lich Lords are one of my favorite battles!

The way I think this mode should play out (to keep it in line with the other monster battles with the sword active) is to light all shots (currently happens) but instead of only requiring 4 shots to complete, each shot needs to be hit twice. First to tag and the second to clear. Do this for 4 shots to complete the mode. This keeps the battle in the same format (also offering the player the chance to milk more points from additional shots - just like playing the mode without the sword) and would then reward the player with the proper points for using the sword in this mode instead of penalizing them.

KNIGHT Letters lost
--------------------------
If you have KNIGHT spelled out, and get another letter before starting the retro mode, it won't carry over to your 2nd KNIGHT completion. Knight letters are already tough enough to come by without losing them on the battlefield somewhere.

Skillshot success visual / sfx not played on shoot again
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hitting a successful skillshot while "Shoot Again" is shown on the display, the game will not play the skill shot success display animation, sfx or callouts to play. Points will be awarded correctly, but no feedback is given to the player.

Monster intro callouts after mystery doesn't always play
----------------------------------------------------------------
There are times where the callouts for the monster battle intro won't play after mystery is awarded. To reproduce this, spell RAGE to light mystery and also have a monster battle ready. Then shoot the ball into the shield VUK. This will play the mystery feature and then start the monster battle. The monster battle music will play over the top of mystery mode (similar to another bug I've listed above). Once the mystery sequence finishes, the monster intro animation starts, but the callouts introducing the monster battle will not occur.

Using action button to start retro challenge mode can trigger magna save
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you press the action button during the intro of the retro challenge mode, the game will trigger your magna save. The action button press doesn't need to be deliberate as I encountered this simply by pressing the action button to start the challenge mode and the game detected a second press. Doing the same during the intro to RANSOM mode correctly ignores presses to this button during its intro.

Audio glitch after match sequence and attract mode
------------------------------------------------------------
There's a weird audio glitch between a game ending and the attract mode music starting. It's very noticeable and new to either 1.10 or 1.11. This was not present in 1.02. On the PRO model, this seems to happen only after the first game. Which means it's impact is minimal, but it's there. I've heard reports this also happens after every game on the LE/Prem models - but I'm unable to confirm.

Challenge modes both start with points awarded
You start the retro challenge mode with 350,000 points already awarded. You start the RANSOM challenge mode with 1,000,000 points already awarded. Surely the score when starting both these modes should be 0 like a normal game?

Inconsistent skillshot active in retro mode 1 challenge mode
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you bypass the retro mode intro by pressing both flipper buttons, the skill shot will be active. If you let the intro play out, the skill shot will not be active. This is inconsistent behavior - should the skill shot be active in challenge modes? It is always active at the start of the RANSOM challenge mode - but only in retro challenge mode if you skip the intro.

Average Scores audit
Standard Audit 39 - Average Scores. This value has always shown 00, so is never updated.

MINOR POLISH

Add Shaker to Triple Knight Challenge Intro
---------------------------------------------------
We get some nice shaker motor action on the ball 1 and ball 2 locks, but none on the intro to Triple Knights Challenge. There are multiple lightning strikes that play during the Triple Knights Challenge multiball intro and the inclusion of the shaker motor during these moments would top the intro off nicely. Right now it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Alternative soundtrack selection
--------------------------------------
Great to see this added in 1.01, but it seems somewhat wasted to not have this as a selectable option at the start of a game. Having to go into the service menu to switch between the active soundtrack is not helpful. This could be implemented as an option from the mode select (holding both flipper buttons in before starting a game) and selecting to start a game with the desired soundtrack. It's a shame to have gone through the trouble of composing and implementing it, but then making it difficult to access.

Restore Monster intro roars from 1.00
---------------------------------------------
The ROARS that were in the monster intros at 1.00 were fantastic. The Lich Lords and Hydra were awesome! My neighbors could be forgiven for thinking all hell was being unleashed next door. These were sadly nerfed with the 1.01 update and now sound far too soft. They need to be restored to their proper glory. This is Black Knight - Sword of Rage, not The Black Knight - Petting Zoo

Additional Instant Info slides
----------------------------------
Right now instant info does not show information on the progress of U-Turns towards the next award. It would be good to also see here what the current value of each super is worth. For example: Super pops - level 2 - 50K, Super slings - level 1 - 15K, etc.

U-Turn animation gets in the way of U-Turn count
The number of u-turns required until the next award can often be hidden behind the skeleton animation that plays over the top of it. This often makes it hard to determine how many more you need until the next extra ball is ready - especially when the number is below 10. The animation needs to be moved or the text moved to make this easier to read. Even some call outs here would help.

Multiball Progress UI
-------------------------
I'd love to see the Triple Knights Challenge multiball progress shown on the main UI. Yes it's viewable in the Instant Info screens, but I see value in having this added as small orbs/gems that light based on what you have locked. As a player I could then instantly see where I'm at with the progress and factor that into my play. The assets and code to make this happen are minimal.

Retro challenge mode countdown callouts not balanced correctly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you're down to your final ball in the retro challenge mode, there is a countdown from 10 to 1. The callouts used for numbers 5 to 1 were already in previous releases and sound fine. The callouts for 10 to 6 sound new though. You can tell they don't quite match up with the originals, giving audio weirdness between 6 and 5 during the countdown.

Power inserts lights during challenge modes, despite playing no role
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The power meter fills as you hit the center target and drop target bank during the challenge modes, which will eventually light the "Power" insert. Lighting this insert should probably be disabled in the challenge mode since you will never get to use it.

Next monster insert flashes during challenge modes, despite playing no role
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next monster / realm insert flashes during the challenge modes and should probably be disabled since it's not relevant to the challenge mode.

Two KNIGHT Letters are lit in challenge modes
------------------------------------------------------
During the challenge modes, the K and N letters are lit and don't reflect the fact you're playing one of the knight modes. The KNIGHT letter inserts should behave as if collected. Having just K and N lit makes no sense in the challenge modes.

Super jackpot value not visible in challenge modes
-----------------------------------------------------------
I really wish you could see the value of the super jackpot during the retro challenge mode (this would also be very useful when playing retro mode during a normal game). It's hard to make a call on when to cash it out if you can't see its value.

Jackpot values in Triple Knights Challenge are far too low
------------------------------------------------------------------
The jackpot shots in Triple Knights Challenge don't feel anything like jackpots. A good monster battle will out perform a great TKC mode any day of the week. The actual mode itself plays great and has some key elements like progression, add a ball and Knight letter. But the scoring reward isn't where it needs to be.

Generic Player up red box HUD
------------------------------------
The Black Knight HUD has beautiful gold studded borders which suit the theme well. Since Insider Connected was added, the bottom HUD player elements are now always visible in generic red rectangles with "PRESS START" filling the lower section of screen on ball one. What's worse is unused player elements are left empty once a game starts (e.g in single player). Look at how well the Jurassic Park HUD integrates the player scores into the lower section of the HUD. If it's a single player game, or multi player game - the lower HUD feels natural as part of the JP world by filling out the wall and only showing the player elements that are needed. The "PRESS START" text is too large and when spread across the screen, looks unpleasant. Make use of those beautiful studded borders / edging from the rest of the lower HUD for the player elements (and only show the player elements that are needed).

SMALL FEATURE IMPROVEMENTS

Retro Mode 1 requires some depth
----------------------------------------
This mode has an awesome soundtrack and I love the retro sfx. But I sadly find it really uninspiring to shoot. It's a mini wizard mode that's not easy to reach, so it should be rewarding to experience and play. The lit shots are not worth much (even after the 1.02 update) and there's no interesting logic, advancement or depth to the mode. Simply clear the shots and start over again for as long as you can. No additional rules or even an extra ball available. The mode relies far too heavily on having multiple supers active and leveled up - but that requires so much set up that most players will never be able to take full advantage of the mode. Add to the fact that if you lose your ball right before starting the mode, the best you could hope for is all supers at level 2, which still requires a lot of set up and presents risk that isn't worth the payoff at that point.

On top of that, with supers being such an important part of this mode to build points, the current value of your super jackpot is not shown anywhere. So as a player, you can't make a decision when (or if) it's worth cashing in during this mode.

Improve U-Turn awards
----------------------------
Right now there are only 2 awards from U-Turns - extra balls at set levels. Most players will never reach the second extra ball level. Reaching the first extra ball U-Turn award is difficult enough for most players. This could easily have other awards available as you progress the counter like KNIGHT letters, points, 2X playfield scoring, ball save, etc. It doesn't need to be locked at just 2 awards. Having the extra ball awards as key awards is fine. I think adding more award levels here helps bring that feature into the game more.

Supers just aren't ..right..
-------------------------------
This is one my real annoyances with the game scoring and has been for some time. In their current form, I don't find them worthwhile. When you activate a super, it's random. There's no way of knowing which super you'll get. I can't use skill to activate each super I want. I have to rely on the RNG gods and pray it's pops or spinner. I find it limiting too that the supers get cleared out on losing a ball or collection. I find that collecting the super jackpot is only ever worthwhile after Retro mode 1 - that's only IF I managed to get some supers active before starting it. Otherwise, the few million points that builds up just isn't worth spending my magna save. Speaking of which...

The other thing is collecting supers via the magna save - ok, it was an idea and it's been tested - but it's just not good. As a player, I should not have to sacrifice my magna save AND have it hit the right return lane switch to collect the super jackpot. Having super jackpot collection tied to Magnasave doesn't make sense.

It's not intuitive.

Right now, I will always shoot the ball either to the ramp or left saucer and press the action button while the ball returns down the rail. The game plays the magna save animation and triggers the magnet, but the ball is safely on the rail for me to collect the super jackpot.

I've lost count of the time people ask me "What was the super jackpot for?" and "Why was my super jackpot only 100,000?".

I don't know what the right way to improve supers are. In a game with limited content, I'd love to bring them into my play more. But I don't find there's enough payoff in general play and no real reason to use them. There's so much quality gameplay experience within the coding teams at Stern that someone must have an idea on how to make them right?

Knight letters difficult to come by
---------------------------------------
Right now it's far too difficult to spell Knight twice to reach the second retro mode. Only 1 letter is available from each monster. It's a very, very rare mystery award. You can get one by advancing far enough into multiball. All others are from WAR hurry up, which is often dangerous since it's always the same 3 central targets that can each result in a straight down the middle result. There are a number of other ways they can be awarded. U-Turns, super skill shots, drop targets, pop bumpers, etc.

Super Skill shot not valuable enough
--------------------------------------------
There is far more value in the regular skill shot over the super skill shot. While the points are not quite as high for the normal skill shot, it's more valuable in a sense that I'm advancing WAR lanes and also getting pop bumper usage for the next WAR hurry up. The super skillshot needs to be more lucrative, making it worth going for. Increased points are one way and another would be to have a KNIGHT letter available there somewhere.

Retro mode selection
Two issues I have with the second Knight mode (RANSOM) - 1) It's near impossible to reach (only been there 3 times in 1700 games) and 2) It's a short 60 second mode - which means it's over all so quickly after the very long journey to get there. Allow the player to select / control which Knight mode they want to play once they spell KNIGHT. It allows the player to have some variety in which retro mode they play and also allows players to make a decision based on strategy - Do I have lots of supers going? Then retro mode 1 seems like a good move. Limited or no supers? Retro mode 2 makes more sense.

LARGE (DREAM) FEATURE IMPROVEMENTS

Additional 2 ball multiball or Catapult Multiball on PRO model
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now on the PRO, most players will only ever see Triple Knights Challenge and Retro Mode 1. Retro Mode 2 - RANSOM - as fun as it is, is locked behind such a difficult wall most will never see it (outside of the challenge mode). This leaves PRO owners with only 2 accessible multiball modes. The game is crying out for either a smaller 2 ball multiball and/or the inclusion of Catapult multiball. The game already has all the assets for catapult, so a chunk of the work is done. It's been mentioned before that it could be done by lighting locks via the drop target bank.

Boss Rush Challenge mode
---------------------------------
The addition of the retro modes as challenge modes is nice, but I think having a challenge mode where you're trying to clear all monsters as fast as possible offers far more replayability. Just like with Escape Nublar on JP - you have high score tables for points AND fastest time - giving players two ways to approach the mode. The assets are all there.

More lower level content
------------------------------
If Retro mode 2 and RAGE absolutely have to be locked away behind difficult requirements, then more obtainable lower level things need to be there for the average player to enjoy. Combo shots or Mini battle challenges against the skeletons for example. They don't need to be large mode features - just small things that the player can experience to get more variety in how they play. For example, a game like Mandalorian has several small, very simple modes like Scope, Hunter and Ambush which help break up the gameplay and offer variety without being complex.

Secondary monsters in each realm
------------------------------------------
I have sometimes wondered if originally there were plans for multiple monsters in each of the realms - perhaps for second play through once you get beyond the Black Castle. Or even to add variety each time you play. This would certainly be a nice addition to help add that extra layer of variety to the realms. This requires a lot of work though with assets, etc - so cannot see it happen.

#4555 2 years ago

Thinking with all the code updates and hype its time for Stern to do another Topper run!!

#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Thinking with all the code updates and hype its time for Stern to do another Topper run!!

It can’t be hard.. run a batch of toppers, sell out in 72 hours Win win

#4557 2 years ago

And there is the old bug (at least on my pro) if you played black castle a decent amount of time and start a new game the gi lighting effects is all f*cked and play much longer after hit a target. (too long) until you turn off and turn on the game again.

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I think you're playing on LE aren't you?
I'm on PRO, so it's possible the issue is slightly different between the models.

Finally had a chance to test it today. You are correct.. it's only after the first game (audio stutter). Subsequent games are fine. Still a issue.. just more minor as you say..
Thanks-

#4559 2 years ago

Jesder, you're the man! That's an awesome compilation and should make their job easier.

One thing that annoys me about the game is how you're pretty much punished for completing the WAR lanes. When doing so, you're somewhat locked into hitting really hard shots. I do my best to NOT spell WAR, unless I'm in a multiball, but that seems stupid. I'm on the PRO, so maybe it's different in the other versions, but it's just not worth lighting that unless I'm in a mutliball, if I'm trying to make my way through the game.

100% also agree that Jackpots in Triple Knights Challenge should be worth more. As it stands, multiball is really just a tool to get through modes, not a reward in and of itself.

It's funny: you can say this game didn't sell well, and therefore doesn't deserve a ton of attention. But also, if the rules are not great, that leads to a game being less desirable. You really have a horse/cart scenario going on here...

#4560 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Not sure why they would not do this unless it is parts availability. Amazing to me what these sell for in secondary market.

Has Stern ever done a second run on a topper?

#4561 2 years ago

Just updated my premium to 1.12. Instructions say that I should be able to select challenge modes at game start, but I don’t see how to do that. Any help figuring it out would be greatly appreciated!

#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

Just updated my premium to 1.12. Instructions say that I should be able to select challenge modes at game start, but I don’t see how to do that. Any help figuring it out would be greatly appreciated!

Hold both flipper buttons in attract mode. An option menu will pop up. Your challenge modes are selectable there, along with competition mode and DJ Player.

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Jesder, you're the man! That's an awesome compilation and should make their job easier.
One thing that annoys me about the game is how you're pretty much punished for completing the WAR lanes. When doing so, you're somewhat locked into hitting really hard shots. I do my best to NOT spell WAR, unless I'm in a multiball, but that seems stupid. I'm on the PRO, so maybe it's different in the other versions, but it's just not worth lighting that unless I'm in a mutliball, if I'm trying to make my way through the game.
100% also agree that Jackpots in Triple Knights Challenge should be worth more. As it stands, multiball is really just a tool to get through modes, not a reward in and of itself.
It's funny: you can say this game didn't sell well, and therefore doesn't deserve a ton of attention. But also, if the rules are not great, that leads to a game being less desirable. You really have a horse/cart scenario going on here...

War hurry up can get you massive points if used well... But I could see it getting in the way if you are more concerned with mode progression..

Definitely less use on the prem table... So far as scoring anyway.

Perhaps the biggest problem with this as far as rules go is the balance between pro and prem. Where they have just nixed out so many rules without the upper pf... Rather than just some mechanical differences etc.

I was happy to find the mode value increases on the flail recently. Never noticed that, but was always wondering how you can get better mode scores on pro. Still it's a lot more risky than the upper pf loops to increase your shot score.

#4564 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Hold both flipper buttons in attract mode. An option menu will pop up. Your challenge modes are selectable there, along with competition mode and DJ Player.

Thanks! Guess I just wasn’t holding the flipper buttons down long enough - too impatient!

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Has Stern ever done a second run on a topper?

Just got my second run Deadpool topper. They have rerun Elvira, Jurassic park, tmnt, Got, stranger things all to my knowledge. Any of the others I don’t think so.

#4566 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

War hurry up can get you massive points if used well... But I could see it getting in the way if you are more concerned with mode progression..
Definitely less use on the prem table... So far as scoring anyway.
Perhaps the biggest problem with this as far as rules go is the balance between pro and prem. Where they have just nixed out so many rules without the upper pf... Rather than just some mechanical differences etc.
I was happy to find the mode value increases on the flail recently. Never noticed that, but was always wondering how you can get better mode scores on pro. Still it's a lot more risky than the upper pf loops to increase your shot score.

Every single time I decide to get greedy with the flail shots on my Pro, I end up regretting it.

#4567 2 years ago

Did this today on our Pro. Wondering if it is as good as my ego thinks it might be?

On another subject, does anyone know what the guy says when you hit the super skill shot? "hey who something something big boy butcher" is all I can figure out without subtitles.

20211224_154618 (resized).jpg20211224_154618 (resized).jpg
#4568 2 years ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

On another subject, does anyone know what the guy says when you hit the super skill shot? "hey who something something big boy butcher" is all I can figure out without subtitles. [quoted image]

Hey-who threw big ball at butcher?!?!

#4569 2 years ago

I see that godzilla has the same issue with the score showing in small boxes at the bottom of the screen. And also empty ones when you play alone. Strange since that is also a Keith Elwin like JP.

#4570 2 years ago

I love black knight. Its just fun. I sold my Le to start a business and picked up a pro in a trade a few weeks ago. I have artistic dementia and could not help myself. I made a three headed dragon that the left vuk launches the ball into the mouth and feeds to right flipper. I then added a left return rail that the left ramp feeds back to left flipper just to break up the 3 shots to right. I had to move the spinner to wireform for space issues, but I like it. I figured I would share this mod in the owners club. I could make a basic set of left and right rails not as crazy as the dragons if anyone is interested in something like that please pm me.

Video of game play with the dragon head catching balls.

1E8818FE-F2C9-41A0-91C1-9438B595CA27 (resized).jpeg1E8818FE-F2C9-41A0-91C1-9438B595CA27 (resized).jpeg9A14C684-632A-4B66-B32E-61757131B47F (resized).jpeg9A14C684-632A-4B66-B32E-61757131B47F (resized).jpegFE1F988B-A76F-4BE2-92AA-E54BA2D6CBAF (resized).jpegFE1F988B-A76F-4BE2-92AA-E54BA2D6CBAF (resized).jpeg
#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I love black knight. Its just fun. I sold my Le to start a business and picked up a pro in a trade a few weeks ago. I have artistic dementia and could not help myself. I made a three headed dragon that the left vuk launches the ball into the mouth and feeds to right flipper. I then added a left return rail that the left ramp feeds back to left flipper just to break up the 3 shots to right. I had to move the spinner to wireform for space issues, but I like it. I figured I would share this mod in the owners club. I could make a basic set of left and right rails not as crazy as the dragons if anyone is interested in something like that please pm me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work!

#4572 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thats awesome its exactly what the PRO was lacking

#4573 2 years ago

great !

except, may be, for the spinner which is now not more on the same shoot (but is this a prob !? i dont know)

#4574 2 years ago

Any rumors of Stern releasing this from the vault for another run? Deadpool is coming out this July, so they say, and since it was a year older than the release of Black Knight, maybe it will be next? Wishful thinking?

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Any rumors of Stern releasing this from the vault for another run? Deadpool is coming out this July, so they say, and since it was a year older than the release of Black Knight, maybe it will be next? Wishful thinking?

Not going to happen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Not going to happen.

In your opinion, why is that though? I'm curious.

#4577 2 years ago

Despite a fervent fan base, I don't think it did well for Stern sales-wise. Distributors inventory was pretty plentiful when it was shipping, and I don't recall there ever being a "drought" so it was always easy to get. There's always at least a few low-mileage examples for sale on Pinside at any given time. Stern likely runs vault editions for pins that had high sale numbers and still has high demand.

Don't get me wrong. I love BKSOR....I've had a NIB Premium myself for the last couple of years. Doubt I'd ever part with it. In fact I wish Stern would re-run the topper for it and take my damn money.

#4578 2 years ago

Sales were very low for this machine. We are even having issues with Tim refusing to fix the current code.

#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:Stern likely runs vault editions for pins that had high sale numbers and still has high demand.

I seem to recall that Iron Man did horrible sales wise (at first) and it was vaulted. There's always a chance. I agree that it's unlikely though.

If the software were cleaned up and a bit more 'depth' was added to BKSoR, it could do well. The pin has everything in place to be a frigging classic. The only thing crippling it is the frigging software. If they'd add the topper to a vault run, it may help boost sales even more.

However, Stern has too many titles in their pipeline that have higher demand ... since components are difficult to get, they're sure as hell going to use them for the games that sell out immediately. However, if sanity is restored to the semiconductor industry and parts are plentiful, Stern might run BKSoR again in the future (assuming they don't run any SAM games like Iron Man or Tron). While I like Iron Man, I find BKSoR to be a much better overall pin.

#4580 2 years ago

I'm sure this has been addressed before so I apologize in advance but what is this mode shown in my photo and how do I get rid of it? It sucks!
Thanks,
Mark

Black Knight Mode (resized).jpgBlack Knight Mode (resized).jpg
#4581 2 years ago

That is Last Chance, if you lock three balls in the time given then you can continue the game. Yes I lost a game in a tournament due to this. No I'm not bitter. Okay maybe a little.

#4582 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

That is Last Chance, if you lock three balls in the time given then you can continue the game. Yes I lost a game in a tournament due to this. No I'm not bitter. Okay maybe a little.

Hmm. It renders the flippers inoperable so I can only launch the ball over and over again. Is something wrong with mine?
Thanks,
Mark

#4583 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Hmm. It renders the flippers inoperable so I can only launch the ball over and over again. Is something wrong with mine?
Thanks,
Mark

I realize now that you have a Pro (like mine) and not a Premium. My Pro has 1.01 code and does not have Last Chance mode. If you are running newer code then it may be a bug, as it is designed for you to lock balls in the catapult lock.

You aren't running Premium code by accident, by chance?

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

You got the wrong game code installed. Make you have the Pro version of the code install and not the Premium or LE version. Last Chance is only available in the Premium and LE models of the game.

#4585 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

You got the wrong game code installed. Make you have the Pro version of the code install and not the Premium or LE version. Last Chance is only available in the Premium and LE models of the game.

Interesting!
Actually, I am running a version with the alternate soundtrack/software by PoMC I downloaded from the forum. I see now that it is for the Premium and I don't see one for the Pro. Does anyone know if it exists?

Thanks again for your help.
Mark

#4586 2 years ago

Hey guys new here . Just updated my one and only pin, love this game!!! But………I’ve read through some of the comments about the new code and the change of the way the score layout is with the little boxes even on single player. So……what’s everyone doing about this? Has anyone reverted back to older code or are you just trying to getting use to it? My ocd is making this weird change drive me up the wall. Lmao . If you are playing one player at a time and taking turns, why does screen real estate still need to be effected. Has anyone found a way around this? Maybe some kind of setting?

Thanks

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Interesting!
Actually, I am running a version with the alternate soundtrack/software by PoMC I downloaded from the forum. I see now that it is for the Premium and I don't see one for the Pro. Does anyone know if it exists?
Thanks again for your help.
Mark

Wow.. that's cool. I missed it somehow. I don't know much about pinbrowser, but presume the tracks and adjustment need to be re-applied for the latest code update?

#4588 2 years ago

I installed black knight code on AIQ when the new code came out. Mixed up usb sticks updating them. That was slightly scary.

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I installed black knight code on AIQ when the new code came out. Mixed up usb sticks updating them. That was slightly scary.

Wow.. what happened? did it give an error? does it start up? seems like a trip.

#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Quoted from koji:

i remember, with my TWD, when swapping the CPU board (dead) with another old one (compatible) caming from an ACDC... works !!! of course not as intended, but works, see :

acdc twd (resized).jpgacdc twd (resized).jpg

i than have to just reinstall the correct code on it

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i remember, with my TWD, when swapping the CPU board (dead) with another old one (compatible) caming from an ACDC... works !!! of course not as intended, but works, see :
[quoted image]
i than have to just reinstall the correct code on it

Rosie the Well Walker. Too bad the licenses would never stand for it.. but mashups could be so much fun!

#4592 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I actually didn't even notice until I bumped into the flipper button and I heard him yell at me as they were playing the Black Knight a few machines over. I was also a few beers deep so it was very very confusing.

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

I actually didn't even notice until I bumped into the flipper button and I heard him yell at me as they were playing the Black Knight a few machines over. I was also a few beers deep so it was very very confusing.

Lol.. that's awesome.. Start up AIQ... All of a sudden you hear:

" You? Pathetic!".. hahaha

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Rosie the Well Walker

sounds good !!! lol

Quoted from koji:

Too bad the licenses would never stand for it.. but mashups could be so much fun!

+1 ... as you may not know, but my other hobby is djing, mainly making megamixes & mashups...

#4595 2 years ago

PoMC Any chance to re-roll the alternate music on the latest firmware? Or is there a way to do this with the older release you did out of the box? sorry not to familiar with the application yet.

#4596 2 years ago

Flaming Speaker Light kits are available for purchase. Doesn't look like you'll get a firm 'arrival' date, but they are there. Go get in line!
https://speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

#4597 2 years ago

I'm wildly unfamiliar with the pro but that wireform mod above looks CRAZY. Awesome work. The pro looks like an absolute punisher of a game, lol. I love (and miss! -- it's not at my house and is on its way to being sold soon) my premium..but I couldn't imagine it being any MORE difficult than it already is!

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'm wildly unfamiliar with the pro but that wireform mod above looks CRAZY. Awesome work. The pro looks like an absolute punisher of a game, lol. I love (and miss! -- it's not at my house and is on its way to being sold soon) my premium..but I couldn't imagine it being any MORE difficult than it already is!

PRO is more difficult, not only the no catapult multiball, but mainly the fact that you're not having "rest" time period on the easy upper playfield

#4599 2 years ago

A BK game with no upper just seems like no BK game at all, to me. Not even getting into the "is the pro better or is the premium?" argument, I just can't get past a BK game with no upper.

That said, I already committed to letting mine go in order to bring in my two top wishlist games (not my favorite decision of 2021, but it is what it is). I hope someday maybe I can rejoin the club, or that someone nearby buys one so I can keep playing. Mine has actually been out of my house for a few months now. NGL I do miss it.

#4600 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

A BK game with no upper just seems like no BK game at all, to me. Not even getting into the "is the pro better or is the premium?" argument, I just can't get past a BK game with no upper.
That said, I already committed to letting mine go in order to bring in my two top wishlist games (not my favorite decision of 2021, but it is what it is). I hope someday maybe I can rejoin the club, or that someone nearby buys one so I can keep playing. Mine has actually been out of my house for a few months now. NGL I do miss it.

Fair enough on the upper playfield, but even my humble Pro has earned "keeper" status in my small collection. Such a fun game that I love to hit the "Start" button on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 5,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/92?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.