IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 112.
#4301 2 years ago

With Steve gone, good luck on any further BKSOR love.

#4302 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yep! The bulk of the list was sent to Stern quite some time ago, along with another email a few months back detailing a couple of extra things.
I never heard anything back though.
I popped the list above into a new email and resent today. Would be great to see the code improved and the game fulfill its potential! Hopefully Tim is up for it!

I remember seeing an email address where you could send bug issues directly to someone at Stern. Would be nice if we had Tim's direct email so your list could also be sent to him as well.

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I remember seeing an email address where you could send bug issues directly to someone at Stern. Would be nice if we had Tim's direct email so your list could also be sent to him as well.

Yeah, or pool some $ to fund it if needed. As the game is archived on Stern, I can't imagine anyone being able to bill to the project.

#4304 2 years ago

Does anyone know in total (all three models) how many machines have been made? According to the poll it would be 230. How does that work when there are 600 LE's?

#4305 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does anyone know in total (all three models) how many machines have been made? According to the poll it would be 230. How does that work when there are 600 LE's?

Wich poll? And why would a poll here reveal anything significant?

There were 600 LE, Premiums and Pros. I know at least 3 other machines in person so it‘s 604+

Only Stern „knows“.

#4306 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I don't think Stern release the sales figures on any of their games (even the best selling titles). The only thing we know for sure are the LE numbers and I think it's safe to assume those sold.

My thoughts are though, since BK was taken off the production line so quickly (compared with other titles that remain available to purchase for years), the Prem/Pro models didn't sell well.

#4307 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I don't think Stern release the sales figures on any of their games (even the best selling titles). The only thing we know for sure are the LE numbers and I think it's safe to assume those sold.
My thoughts are though, since BK was taken off the production line so quickly (compared with other titles that remain available to purchase for years), the Prem/Pro models didn't sell well.

I don't think they do either but they did release the number of Iron Mans made. I wonder if that is even confirmed regarding the LE's. Do anyone on here have number LE # 600 ?

#4308 2 years ago

LEs are sold trough to distributors. But the LEs are mostly still in stock, at least here.

So there's not 600 LE games in peoples homes, but most likely still manufactured.

With the new price increase the premium ist kinda dead now (if that game is to be manufactured again), as long as you can still get LEs for about the same price.

#4309 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

LEs are sold trough to distributors. But the LEs are mostly still in stock, at least here.
So there's not 600 LE games in peoples homes, but most likely still manufactured.
With the new price increase the premium ist kinda dead now (if that game is to be manufactured again), as long as you can still get LEs for about the same price.

I thought LE's have all been sold last year when then sold them with free topper. I would not know any distri in West europe who has one.

#4310 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I thought LE's have all been sold last year when then sold them with free topper. I would not know any distri in West europe who has one.

Free toppers? Lol!

https://pinball-universe.de/880-black-knight-sword-of-rage-limited-edition-le

https://www.fun-house-games.de/startseite/60-black-knight-limited-edition-le-nib-flipperautomat-kaufen.html

#4311 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Hopefully I can figure out how to do the flame effect speaker lights next.

If you don't want to figure them out........I should have an easy to install "Flamin' Frames" Speaker Light Kit available soon.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Added over 3 years ago:

A higher quality clip.....I finally figured how to properly export video clips from my 9 year old iPhone 5!!!

#4312 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If you don't want to figure them out........I should have an easy to install "Flamin' Frames" Speaker Light Kit available soon.

Nice!

#4313 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Very nice. I’m in…

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Very nice. I’m in…

Count me in as well!

#4315 2 years ago

Count me in!! Looking forward to this!!

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Will it also include the mode detection?

#4317 2 years ago

I have a very nice HUO - Stern Black Knight SOR Premium with Stern Topper and Stern Shooter rod.
I'm kind of on the fence selling this game. What do you think the value is.

I've seen them sell 10k with topper to 9200.. Any ideas what a "fair price"is?

#4318 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Sold! In future tense! I mean, will order soon!

#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I have a very nice HUO - Stern Black Knight SOR Premium with Stern Topper and Stern Shooter rod.
I'm kind of on the fence selling this game. What do you think the value is.
I've seen them sell 10k with topper to 9200.. Any ideas what a "fair price"is?

I'd agree with the numbers you've seen.. that's what I'm seeing too.

#4320 2 years ago

1/2 OT but now with seeing Godzilla I'm saving up to upgrade my BK Pro to an LE even more.

Meaning: While Godzilla imho has a more interesting layout and lots of toys, I think that BKSoR is a far more "homogenous" package; the best of most recent stern. Godzilla is a mashup of "Dialed in" like rendered City view, movie Clips and even B/W movie Clips. The sound is made up of the original Theme song, some rocking but random guitar tunes and the blue oyster cult song, and the comic artwork and toy look nothing like the Godzilla in the movie clips.

I'll stick to my position that BKSoR is one of the best packages all around that Stern has ever made... that nobody cares to notice. XD

(And yes of course I still want a Godzilla, it's a great game it seems.)

#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

Will it also include the mode detection?

No, the "Flamin' Frames" Speaker Light Kits I will be selling are not game specific and do not connect to the games boards. They will work in any SPIKE 2 game, but obviously be more fitting for some themes and art packages than others.

#4322 2 years ago

What angle are you guys running your games at ? I’ve tried the regular 6.5 and moved up a bit to 6.7 still seems to play a bit slow and clunky.
Flippers also don’t seem to have much power even on high setting : (

#4323 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Count me in too!!

#4324 2 years ago

Interested too

#4325 2 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

What angle are you guys running your games at ? I’ve tried the regular 6.5 and moved up a bit to 6.7 still seems to play a bit slow and clunky.
Flippers also don’t seem to have much power even on high setting : (

I have it set at standard 6.5. I suggest waxing the playfield.

Do you have a pro, premium, or LE model?

#4326 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I have it set at standard 6.5. I suggest waxing the playfield.
Do you have a pro, premium, or LE model?

It’s a premium. Got it NIB but it’s been sitting in Marcos warehouse for a while , Born on date 2019

#4327 2 years ago

Question for those with the Stern shooter rod. When you launch the ball, does the rubber hit the bracket which auto shoots the ball? It seems to hit it a little and wondering if this is normal.

#4328 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

Question for those with the Stern shooter rod. When you launch the ball, does the rubber hit the bracket which auto shoots the ball? It seems to hit it a little and wondering if this is normal.

Mine doesn't! It sounds like your shooter rod is misaligned.

#4329 2 years ago

Question for premium/le players; has anyone had issues with the ball almost never getting up the flail ramp? i can hit it clean and centered and 85% of the time in bricks right back down usually to a perfect center drain. Its almost as if I'm hitting it TOO clean.. but I feel like something else must be up. It's a tough spot to inspect with that upper playfield there. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated!

#4330 2 years ago

I've never had an issue on mine.

Upper playfield is actually designed to be serviced fairly easily, so I would definitely recommend removing that to take a look for anything that might be interfering with the ball.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from Becomeastranger:

Question for premium/le players; has anyone had issues with the ball almost never getting up the flail ramp? i can hit it clean and centered and 85% of the time in bricks right back down usually to a perfect center drain. Its almost as if I'm hitting it TOO clean.. but I feel like something else must be up. It's a tough spot to inspect with that upper playfield there. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure the screws holding the metal plate under the flail (i.e. the ramp "floor") are nice and tight. Steve Ritchie has a post in this thread explaining it, #579.

Also if this tends to happen after 30+ mins of play, your flipper coils are overheating and fading. When I brought mine to pinfest, after a few hours of people flailing it was almost impossible to make that shot!

#4332 2 years ago
Quoted from Becomeastranger:

issues with the ball almost never getting up the flail ramp

check for stray wires or other obstructions in the back uturn part of the ramp. also keep the ramp nice and clean. i recently novus 2'ed my ramp and afterward, the ball ripped up top way better than before the cleaning.

#4333 2 years ago

I set up my Insider Connected account today and found Black Knight: SoR is one of the first 6 games to support the new achievement system.

I've posted the list of achievements below for anyone that's interested.

Some initial thoughts from me:

I love achivements and trophies on Playstation and Xbox, so am really excited to see them coming to my Stern machines now.

Good to see achievements spanning most game features and also some cumulative achievements too that you can chip away at over time. Also good to see some easy achievements for younger players to start with.

Nothing surprising listed though in terms of the features covered, although no achievements around mystery or u-turns. I was hoping to see a few for a new challenge mode or some rework on existing modes (e.g retro mode) - but that doesn't seem to be on the cards. One that caught my eye though is "POWER - Start a POWER feature" achievement. It's listed under Sword of Rage. Initially I was thinking it was just for activating the sword during a monster battle - but each monster has an achivement for using the sword. So maybe this is something new - otherwise it's just a double up of any of the "Activate power in <monster>" achievements.

I would have liked to see more creativity with the achievements though as some of them are uninspiring. For example, there's nothing unique about the achievements for the monster battles - the same 5 achievements are repeated for each monster. Tim really could have made them more interesting by being unique to the particular battle. He could have included some more challenging achievements also for advanced play, encouraging players to build their skills (for example - have all supers lit at level 4, stack multiball with a monster and war hurry up at once, clear all targets in retro mode X times, collect X number of u-turns in a single ball, 3 successful magna saves in a single game, collect the knight letter in TKC multiball, etc).

I like the timed achievements for completing monster battles quickly though. I wish there were more like these.

The text for some of the achievements is wrong:

Hydra Speed - Complete the Mud Bug in less than 45 seconds
Magma Beast Speed - Complete the Mud Bug in less than 45 seconds
Magma Beast Power - Activate POWER in the Hydra

SKILL SHOT
-----------------------------------
Skill Shot - 10pts
Make the Skill shot

Super Skill Shot - 10pts
Make the Super Skill Shot

HYDRA
Hydra Started - 5pts
Start the Hydra mode

Hydra Completed - 10pts
Complete the Hydra mode

Perfect Hydra - 15pts
Complete the Hydra mode without losing a ball

Hydra Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Hydra

Hydra Speed - 20pts
Complete the Mud Bug in less than 45 seconds

MAGMA BEAST
Magma Beast Started - 5pts
Start the Magma Beast mode

Magma Beast Completed - 10pts
Complete the Magma Beast mode

Perfect Magma Beast - 15pts
Complete the Magma Beast mode without losing a ball

Magma Beast Power - 10pts

Magma Beast Speed - 20pts

SAND WORM
Sand Worm Started - 5pts
Start the Sand Worm mode

Sand Worm Completed - 10pts
Complete the Sand Worm mode

Perfect Sand Worm - 15pts
Complete the Sand Worm mode without losing a ball

Sand Worm Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Sand Worm

Sand Worm Speed - 20pts
Complete the Sand Worm in less than 45 seconds

HELL HAND
Hell Hand Started - 5pts
Start the Hell Hand Mode

Hell Hand Completed - 10pts
Complete the Hell Hand Mode

Perfect Hell Hand - 15pts
Complete Hell Hand without losing a ball

Hell Hand Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Hell Hand

Hell Hand Speed - 20pts
Complete the Hell Hand in less than 45 seconds

LICH LORDS
Lich Lords Started - 5pts
Start Lich Lords

Lich Lords Completed - 10pts
Complete Lich Lords

Perfect Lich Lords - 15pts
Complete Lich Lords without losing a ball

Lich Lords Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Lich Lords

Lich Lords Speed - 20pts
Complete the Lich Lords in less than 45 seconds

BLACK CASTLE
Black Castle - 25pts
Start Black Castle

Beat The Black Knight - 40pts
Complete Black Castle

KNIGHT
KNIGHT - 15pts
Spell KNIGHT

Knight Letters - 25pts
Collect 10 Knight Letters in a single game

More Knight Letters - 20pts
Collect 50 KNIGHT letters (cumulative)

Even More Knight Letters - 25pts
Collect 100 KNIGHT letters (cumulative)

The OG - 25pts
Start Black Knight retro mode

BK2K - 25pts
Start Black Knight 2000 retro mode

TRIPLE KNIGHTS CHALLENGE
Triple Knights Challenge - 10pts
Start Triple Knights Challenge multiball

Knights Super - 25pts
Get a super jackpot in Triple Knights Challenge

Add-a-Ball - 10pts
Get an Add-a-Ball in Triple Knights Challenge

SWORD OF RAGE
Sword of Rage - 10pts
Fill the Sword of Rage

POWER - 10pts
Start a POWER feature

CATAPULT MULTIBALL
Catapult Multiball - 10pts
Start Catapult Multiball

CATAPULT SUPER JACKPOT
Catapult Super Jackpot - 10pts
Get a super jackpot in Catapult Multiball

Catapult 2x Super Jackpot - 15pts
Get a 2x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball

Catapult 3x Super Jackpot - 20pts
Get a 3x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball

Catapult 4x Super Jackpot - 25pts
Get a 4x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball

WAR
WAR - 10pts
Complete a WAR hurry up

WARx3 - 25pts
Complete 3 WAR hurry ups in a single game

World War - 25pts
Complete 25 WAR hurry ups (cumulative)

Total War - 50pts
Complete 100 WAR hurry ups (cumulative)

MAGNA SAVE
Magna Save - 5pts
Use the Magna Save

LAST CHANCE
Last Chance - 20pts
Activate the Last Chance Feature

Super Catapult Multiball - 30pts
Start Super Catapult Multiball

RAGE
RAGE - 50pts
Start Black Knight RAGE Wizard Mode

SUPER LANES
Super Lanes Activated - 5pts
Start Super Lanes

Super Lanes Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Lanes to Level 4

SUPER ORBITS
Super Orbits Activated - 5pts
Start Super Orbits

Super Orbits Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Orbits to Level 4

SUPER POPS
Super Pops Activated - 5pts
Start Super Pops

Super Pops Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Pops to Level 4

SUPER SLINGS
Super Slings Activated - 5pts
Start Super Slings

Super Slings Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Slings to Level 4

SUPER SPINS
Super Spins Activated - 5pts
Start Super Spins

Super Spins Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Spins to Level 4

SUPER TARGETS
Super Targets Activated - 5pts
Start Targets Spins

Super Targets Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Targets to Level 4

SUPER JACKPOT
Collect Super Jackpot - 5pts
Collect the Super Jackpot

2x Super Jackpot - 10pts
Collect the Super Jackpot during 2x playfield scoring

3x Super Jackpot - 15pts
Collect the Super Jackpot during 3x playfield scoring

#4334 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I set up my Insider Connected account today and found Black Knight: SoR is one of the first 6 games to support the new achievement system.
I've posted the list of achievements below for anyone that's interested.
Some initial thoughts from me:
I love achivements and trophies on Playstation and Xbox, so am really excited to see them coming to my Stern machines now.
Good to see achievements spanning most game features and also some cumulative achievements too that you can chip away at over time. Also good to see some easy achievements for younger players to start with.
Nothing surprising listed though in terms of the features covered, although no achievements around mystery or u-turns. I was hoping to see a few for a new challenge mode or some rework on existing modes (e.g retro mode) - but that doesn't seem to be on the cards. One that caught my eye though is "POWER - Start a POWER feature" achievement. It's listed under Sword of Rage. Initially I was thinking it was just for activating the sword during a monster battle - but each monster has an achivement for using the sword. So maybe this is something new - otherwise it's just a double up of any of the "Activate power in <monster>" achievements.
I would have liked to see more creativity with the achievements though as some of them are uninspiring. For example, there's nothing unique about the achievements for the monster battles - the same 5 achievements are repeated for each monster. Tim really could have made them more interesting by being unique to the particular battle. He could have included some more challenging achievements also for advanced play, encouraging players to build their skills (for example - have all supers lit at level 4, stack multiball with a monster and war hurry up at once, clear all targets in retro mode X times, collect X number of u-turns in a single ball, 3 successful magna saves in a single game, collect the knight letter in TKC multiball, etc).
I like the timed achievements for completing monster battles quickly though. I wish there were more like these.
The text for some of the achievements is wrong:
Hydra Speed - Complete the Mud Bug in less than 45 seconds
Magma Beast Speed - Complete the Mud Bug in less than 45 seconds
Magma Beast Power - Activate POWER in the Hydra
SKILL SHOT
Skill Shot - 10pts
Make the Skill shot
Super Skill Shot - 10pts
Make the Super Skill Shot
HYDRA
Hydra Started - 5pts
Start the Hydra mode
Hydra Completed - 10pts
Complete the Hydra mode
Perfect Hydra - 15pts
Complete the Hydra mode without losing a ball
Hydra Power - 10pts
Hydra Speed - 20pts
MAGMA BEAST
Magma Beast Started - 5pts
Start the Magma Beast mode
Magma Beast Completed - 10pts
Complete the Magma Beast mode
Perfect Magma Beast - 15pts
Complete the Magma Beast mode without losing a ball
Magma Beast Power - 10pts
Magma Beast Speed - 20pts
SAND WORM
Sand Worm Started - 5pts
Start the Sand Worm mode
Sand Worm Completed - 10pts
Complete the Sand Worm mode
Perfect Sand Worm - 15pts
Complete the Sand Worm mode without losing a ball
Sand Worm Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Sand Worm
Sand Worm Speed - 20pts
Complete the Sand Worm in less than 45 seconds
HELL HAND
Hell Hand Started - 5pts
Start the Hell Hand Mode
Hell Hand Completed - 10pts
Complete the Hell Hand Mode
Perfect Hell Hand - 15pts
Complete Hell Hand without losing a ball
Hell Hand Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Hell Hand
Hell Hand Speed - 20pts
Complete the Hell Hand in less than 45 seconds
LICH LORDS
Lich Lords Started - 5pts
Start Lich Lords
Lich Lords Completed - 10pts
Complete Lich Lords
Perfect Lich Lords - 15pts
Complete Lich Lords without losing a ball
Lich Lords Power - 10pts
Activate POWER in the Lich Lords
Lich Lords Speed - 20pts
Complete the Lich Lords in less than 45 seconds
BLACK CASTLE
Black Castle - 25pts
Start Black Castle
Beat The Black Knight - 40pts
Complete Black Castle
KNIGHT
KNIGHT - 15pts
Spell KNIGHT
Knight Letters - 25pts
Collect 10 Knight Letters in a single game
More Knight Letters - 20pts
Collect 50 KNIGHT letters (cumulative)
Even More Knight Letters - 25pts
Collect 100 KNIGHT letters (cumulative)
The OG - 25pts
Start Black Knight retro mode
BK2K - 25pts
Start Black Knight 2000 retro mode
TRIPLE KNIGHTS CHALLENGE
Triple Knights Challenge - 10pts
Start Triple Knights Challenge multiball
Knights Super - 25pts
Get a super jackpot in Triple Knights Challenge
Add-a-Ball - 10pts
Get an Add-a-Ball in Triple Knights Challenge
SWORD OF RAGE
Sword of Rage - 10pts
Fill the Sword of Rage
POWER - 10pts
Start a POWER feature
CATAPULT MULTIBALL
Catapult Multiball - 10pts
Start Catapult Multiball
CATAPULT SUPER JACKPOT
Catapult Super Jackpot - 10pts
Get a super jackpot in Catapult Multiball
Catapult 2x Super Jackpot - 15pts
Get a 2x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball
Catapult 3x Super Jackpot - 20pts
Get a 3x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball
Catapult 4x Super Jackpot - 25pts
Get a 4x Super Jackpot in Catapult Multiball
WAR
WAR - 10pts
Complete a WAR hurry up
WARx3 - 25pts
Complete 3 WAR hurry ups in a single game
World War - 25pts
Complete 25 WAR hurry ups (cumulative)
Total War - 50pts
Complete 100 WAR hurry ups (cumulative)
MAGNA SAVE
Magna Save - 5pts
Use the Magna Save
LAST CHANCE
Last Chance - 20pts
Activate the Last Chance Feature
Super Catapult Multiball - 30pts
Start Super Catapult Multiball
RAGE
RAGE - 50pts
Start Black Knight RAGE Wizard Mode
SUPER LANES
Super Lanes Activated - 5pts
Start Super Lanes
Super Lanes Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Lanes to Level 4
SUPER ORBITS
Super Orbits Activated - 5pts
Start Super Orbits
Super Orbits Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Orbits to Level 4
SUPER POPS
Super Pops Activated - 5pts
Start Super Pops
Super Pops Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Pops to Level 4
SUPER SLINGS
Super Slings Activated - 5pts
Start Super Slings
Super Slings Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Slings to Level 4
SUPER SPINS
Super Spins Activated - 5pts
Start Super Spins
Super Spins Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Spins to Level 4
SUPER TARGETS
Super Targets Activated - 5pts
Start Targets Spins
Super Targets Maxed - 10pts
Increase Super Targets to Level 4
SUPER JACKPOT
Collect Super Jackpot - 5pts
Collect the Super Jackpot
2x Super Jackpot - 10pts
Collect the Super Jackpot during 2x playfield scoring
3x Super Jackpot - 15pts
Collect the Super Jackpot during 3x playfield scoring

I feel like this is where the cut-back versions cause an issue as well.. good luck with the catapult achievements, when so many SORs on location are Pros... or maybe incentive to seek out a premium somewhere else. This is why I suck at business

I imagine there would be a connected code update coming at some point? Really hoping some of the minor adjustments brought up in this thread can be addressed.

#4335 2 years ago

Meh. Not spending 200 bucks on that.

#4336 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Meh. Not spending 200 bucks on that.

Yeah.. doesn't make sense for home use.. I could see having some fun with it on locations, particularly if it tracked where the achievement was made etc.. almost like a pinball journal if you will.... or tying some players to machines.. ie, Steve Ritchie played this Black Knight on this date.. lol

for home use, maybe they could have a model where it provides 50 games per month or something that are captured for free, with a less expensive link kit.. who knows.

#4337 2 years ago

Just update the code Tim.

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just update the code Tim.

What's the magic word?

#4339 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What's the magic word?

“ForChristsake” ?

#4340 2 years ago

So collectively consumers have purchased well over 1 million US dollars of Stern product between the 3 Black Knight Models and we need to ask Tim nicely to fix / update a game which is much lacking in code? Both models have desperately needed a deserved code update. This game has so much potential and yet it has been brushed to the side despite the loyal following it has. One of the most common complaints amongst pro owners is the difficulty in achieving a multiball, as well as the lack of multiball modes obtainable in the game. Another Pinsider posted a whole page of needed updates to this forum and even emailed them to Stern yet nothing. Not a single thing has been changed!!! I don't care that Steve left Stern. Stern owns the title and can still have Tim update the game for all of us. Loyal Black Knight owners have been asking nicely for months, if not longer. What has that achieved??? How much would it even be for them to update the code? Pro models selling MSRP for $6000 are being bought by the dealers for $4,500 -$4,700. That still leaves money left for Stern to work on this code.

#4341 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So collectively consumers have purchased well over 1 million US dollars of Stern product between the 3 Black Knight Models and we need to ask Tim nicely to fix / update a game which is much lacking in code? Both models have desperately needed a deserved code update. This game has so much potential and yet it has been brushed to the side despite the loyal following it has. One of the most common complaints amongst pro owners is the difficulty in achieving a multiball, as well as the lack of multiball modes obtainable in the game. Another Pinsider posted a whole page of needed updates to this forum and even emailed them to Stern yet nothing. Not a single thing has been changed!!! I don't care that Steve left Stern. Stern owns the title and can still have Tim update the game for all of us. Loyal Black Knight owners have been asking nicely for months, if not longer. What has that achieved??? How much would it even be for them to update the code? Pro models selling MSRP for $6000 are being bought by the dealers for $4,500 -$4,700. That still leaves money left for Stern to work on this code.

Where did you get that dealer price est? AFAIK, the cut is MUCH smaller, to next to nothing on units.

Unless someone at Stern or in the industry with clout wants it done.. it's not going to be done unless it's a personal project by one of the dev. team.

In the realm of pinball, the code is pretty good IMHO. There are issues that would be amazing to resolve for sure.. enhancements that would take it to the next level... but I don't think there are any issues that go beyond nice to have.. the game is far from broken.

#4342 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Where did you get that dealer price est? AFAIK, the cut is MUCH smaller, to next to nothing on units.
Unless someone at Stern or in the industry with clout wants it done.. it's not going to be done unless it's a personal project by one of the dev. team.
In the realm of pinball, the code is pretty good IMHO. There are issues that would be amazing to resolve for sure.. enhancements that would take it to the next level... but I don't think there are any issues that go beyond nice to have.. the game is far from broken.

Ex dealer (not me). Almost all are making $1000 per unit if it is sold at MSRP. Which is why it is always free to ship.

#4343 2 years ago

Yes Tim if your listening please 1 more major update. Love the game..Top priority is add a second multi ball to the Pro version….

#4344 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Yes Tim if your listening please 1 more major update. Love the game..Top priority is add a second multi ball to the Pro version….

Yup. We aren't even asking for any new assets to be made or major rules to be come up with. Just give us (pro owners) catapult multiball please. Light lock wherever (I suggest drops to give us more reason to shoot that direction...or even the right orbit!), virtual locks on the left orbit/saucer. Boom. 100% happier pro owners!

Of course there are MANY other awesome suggestions scattered through this thread, but that single change would really improve the overall perception of this game. I'd personally tone down the brutality of the Black Castle BK battle too to make RAGE slightly more feasible. And give us more ways to earn letters so RANSOM is a little more common too. Less spotted letters initially, but more ways to earn them would be awesome. Make these few changes, and this is suddenly a top tier game in my mind. Something tweaked with the supers system (though I'm not sure exactly what) would be a cherry on top.

Come on Tim...please...we love you...we love the game. It wouldn't take much to push it over the top!

#4345 2 years ago

PRO OWNERS NEED:

Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball Catapult Multiball

IN THE CODE UPDATE.

#4346 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And give us more ways to earn letters so RANSOM is a little more common too. Less spotted letters initially, but more ways to earn them would be awesome.

Totally agree, plus adding another MB would provide one more opportunity for a RANSOM letter. 1 letter for collecting a maxed out super mode? That would give more reason to go for that "Super Jackpot" outside of the first Retro MB.

#4347 2 years ago

Finally found a pro.. super excited to join the club!

D0401DAF-583B-455E-80DE-EB0CD4928A88 (resized).jpegD0401DAF-583B-455E-80DE-EB0CD4928A88 (resized).jpeg
#4348 2 years ago

Lighted flippers in. Looks like molten steel.

080539BE-3E45-4ED2-BF12-F534DD829641 (resized).jpeg080539BE-3E45-4ED2-BF12-F534DD829641 (resized).jpeg90B0F2B8-6EE7-44A5-8929-9E0734FD2A8A (resized).jpeg90B0F2B8-6EE7-44A5-8929-9E0734FD2A8A (resized).jpegAD369ACF-B03F-4113-A613-A9CAE422A225 (resized).jpegAD369ACF-B03F-4113-A613-A9CAE422A225 (resized).jpegF4BF2A3F-7931-4005-B084-C2635D49B813 (resized).jpegF4BF2A3F-7931-4005-B084-C2635D49B813 (resized).jpeg
#4349 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers in. Looks like molten steel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't stand how amazing that topper looks! Those lighted flippers are pretty sweet too. Do you have mirror blades? How do you like them?

lock 3 balls (resized).jpglock 3 balls (resized).jpg
#4350 2 years ago

Dear Stern, all I want for Christmas or before, is another topper run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/87?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.