IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 112.
#4201 2 years ago

rotordave The Welds suck!

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

rotordave The Welds suck!

Yeah I can see how they’d be an issue. The tabs that join them are super small.

Oh well, guess I’ll get it welded at some stage.

Don’t want to make the game too easy.

rd.

#4203 2 years ago

Happy the shooter rods got back in stock.
So now Stern, plz do a rerun of the topper!

8F23D3B1-1D4D-48DC-A371-EFFA75B64E80 (resized).jpeg8F23D3B1-1D4D-48DC-A371-EFFA75B64E80 (resized).jpeg
#4204 2 years ago

Do you have the link for that shooter rod? Can't find it on the Stern website.

#4205 2 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Do you have the link for that shooter rod? Can't find it on the Stern website.

They're all sold again it seems.

Heard it on the TPN podcast couple of weeks ago that Stern got them again (thx Zach) and Cointaker got a bunch back in stock (now all sold), so I was able to order them without astronomical shipping costs.

#4206 2 years ago

All sold out!!

#4207 2 years ago

I just started tweaking mine and had a ball come off the wire form return at the last bend. I was curious if this is common and there is a known solution or if I should just try a washer to shim it.

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I just started tweaking mine and had a ball come off the wire form return at the last bend. I was curious if this is common and there is a known solution or if I should just try a washer to shim it.

Mine had a screw thread and locknut sticking up into the ball path close to the last bend. It would cause the ball to jump off and land in the outlane. I cut the thread down and it no longer interferes.

#4209 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sure thing - if you cracked 1b on a Pro...

yep, and my 1.5B are not really informative, as, again, the TILT on that location BK was way too friendly (even more for hardcore players)
must be honest & admit i wouldnt have scored that on a pin settled as in my home

#4210 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Mine had a screw thread and locknut sticking up into the ball path close to the last bend. It would cause the ball to jump off and land in the outlane.

Same here with mine.

I didn't have to cut the screw down though. I just moved the wire form at the slingshot screw point a little, so that pesky screw sits on top of the crossbar of the wireform.

#4211 2 years ago

Thank you both, I think you are correct and I didn’t have to do slow mo video.

#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Happy the shooter rods got back in stock.
So now Stern, plz do a rerun of the topper!
[quoted image]

Nice, I managed to get one as well. Stern, let's do another topper run!

#4213 2 years ago

I would be in if they did another run of the side armor. Managed to snag a shooter rod though.

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sure thing - if you cracked 1b on a Pro you’d be hitting that Knights Challenge lock shot an awful amount of times!
In saying that, my upper playfield is pretty funky. Hard loop it around - I might adjust the upper flipper.
I noticed the welds on sides of the catapult lock have come open, so any “non perfect” shot up there just rattles around and comes back out. Is that a thing, anyone else have that issue with the welds?
rd

Yes it happens a lot, sadly. Happened on my game after about 100 plays and also has happened on my friend’s. I called and wrote stern about 100 times until SIX MONTHS LATER I got the replacement catapult metal. The game plays like garbage with broken welds. Way too sloppy and gives up all the inertia of the ball.

#4215 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I would be in if they did another run of the side armor. Managed to snag a shooter rod though.

If you really want it (and pay extra) there's still dealers in europe having it.

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/stern-pinball/black-knight-side-armor-kit-502-7086-n3_40373_12208

#4216 2 years ago

Do you guys hear that they might do another topper run or not?

#4217 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Have not heard anything credible, but SR confirmed in his interview that the theme experiement of the Black Knight property was a sales flop next to other licenses. I get the feeling Stern will prob just wipe there hands of all of it?

#4218 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Called a few distributors and they keep telling me they don't think they will get any in stock. Hoping that changes soon.

#4219 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Have not heard anything credible, but SR confirmed in his interview that the theme experiement of the Black Knight property was a sales flop next to other licenses. I get the feeling Stern will prob just wipe there hands of all of it?

Perhaps but that topper is a license to print money. I know I'm not the only one that would buy it if Stern does another run.

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Perhaps but that topper is a license to print money. I know I'm not the only one that would buy it if Stern does another run.

Yeah.. would be great to know how many SOR units were sold VS how many toppers are out there.

I remember when the topper came out, it was like.. wow.. it's amazing.. but $500? lol.

Now looking back.. best topper ever.. so CHEAP!

Have to imagine, if they re-released it would be substantially more $

#4221 2 years ago

Thought I would post here before I actually listed it to see if anyone had interest in trading their BK Le w/ topper for a pimped and powdered Stranger Things Premium...sorry for intruding if not..lol

#4222 2 years ago

There are multiple NIB BKSoR toppers on german ebay for a whopping ~3000$!

i h8 people. -_-;

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

You have a link to this?

#4225 2 years ago

The links works. So now that Steve is officially gone, does this mean there will never be a code update for BK????

#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The links works. So now that Steve is officially gone, does this mean there will never be a code update for BK????

I don't know how it works at Stern. I get the feeling_ that Stern likely would not allocate budget for code on a game which is "complete" so far as the project goes.. and sales are pretty much done AFAIK.

So the hope would lie mostly in Tim Sexton... pulling something like a Lonnie or Lyman in so far as updating code seemingly on their own time?

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

We wouldn‘t have gotten one either way!

#4228 2 years ago

Someone on here needs to make a call...Tim.

#4229 2 years ago

Such a ridiculously easy change to make the game way better by letting Black Castle continue if you have balls left to play. Haven’t heard much from Tim lately, though.

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Such a ridiculously easy change to make the game way better by letting Black Castle continue if you have balls left to play. Haven’t heard much from Tim lately, though.

I'd make it an optiona in the menu:

"Maggot Mode" -> No / Yes, I'm a Baby bububububooo!

#4231 2 years ago

If they make code changes I'd like a gameplay option to let you steal catapult locks in multiplayer games

#4232 2 years ago

Picking up an LE tomorrow. Any advice on adjustments before putting it on the floor?

#4233 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Picking up an LE tomorrow. Any advice on adjustments before putting it on the floor?

Congratulations!
Check the post between the 1st and 2nd lane on the left side. Consider installing a cliffy here (I think the deadpool one can work), as I think the clear is frequently damaged here unless locked down.

Tighten everything down.. with the shaker motor on, stuff seems to go loose.

I needed to torque down the upper flipper a bit.

I'm running mine with the bubble just past the top line, I dialed the flipper strength back quite a bit... noticed some fatigue to the power over long play sessions.. but with the power dialed back, the power is more consistent and ample to make the shots.

Ended up dialing just about all the coil power back actually.. not sure if this is the usual for these newer machines.. it was my first newer one, and factory default seems to have everything cranked.

#4234 2 years ago

I’m an official member

95974CCC-C70B-409E-8DBA-D200B3CB727F (resized).jpeg95974CCC-C70B-409E-8DBA-D200B3CB727F (resized).jpeg
#4235 2 years ago

Welcome, this game grows on you more than you'd expect.

#4236 2 years ago

Yes I’ve loved it from the beginning. It seems like every time one goes up for sale I don’t have the money. Finally found someone willing to trade their black knight away.

#4237 2 years ago

where in the menu is the adjustment to try the alternate soundtrack?

#4238 2 years ago

I just picked a Pro few days ago. Great game, lightshow is awesome. But i think it really lacks a 2 ball Multiball who can be stack with other modes. Just one 3 ball MB stackable is not enough. I hope there will a last code update. For now i find Knight MB pointless (what the point of a MB who cannot be stack with others modes, a MB just for point is lame)

#4239 2 years ago

? Doesn't it stack with whatever mode you're in?

#4240 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

? Doesn't it stack with whatever mode you're in?

Yes

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I just picked a Pro few days ago. Great game, lightshow is awesome. But i think it really lacks a 2 ball Multiball who can be stack with other modes. Just one 3 ball MB stackable is not enough. I hope there will a last code update. For now i find Knight MB pointless (what the point of a MB who cannot be stack with others modes, a MB just for point is lame)

TBH, I think Knight MB (retro) might be one of my favourite modes of all. The real strategy for it is trying to enter it with numerous and preferably boosted super features... this can be very nerve racking

It does end whatever mode you are currently in, this makes sense to me, as the idea is to keep the display and sound nostalgic etc.

#4242 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I don't recall, but it's not super hard to find. I enjoy the alternate soundtrack and have left it on since trying it shortly after I purchased on initial release. Explore the menu's you'll find it in short order.

#4243 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

TBH, I think Knight MB (retro) might be one of my favourite modes of all. The real strategy for it is trying to enter it with numerous and preferably boosted super features... this can be very nerve racking
It does end whatever mode you are currently in, this makes sense to me, as the idea is to keep the display and sound nostalgic etc.

Yeah, I didn’t think he meant retro MB but yeah that doesn’t stack.

#4244 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Adjustments >> BK Adj >> At the tale end of the list

#4245 2 years ago

Yes Retro/Knight MB, it's the same thing. I think it's a bad idea. The nostalgic side of the MB is fine, but it should have been a hidden mb but not one of the main 2 mb. This MB stops the current (monster fight) mode so it can help progress to the Black Castle, but it is a MB whose purpose is to make points. Impossible to stack this mb with a fight, so the interest is zero. I hate MBs that cannot be stacked, I thought they didn't exist since the 90s. Also, the lack of a 2-ball MB is also a shame. It could have greatly improved the gameplay ...
I think BKSOR is a great game, but the code would have deserved more fun and originality. Imagine if Lyman would have done the code ... An Iron Man style code but with the lightshow and the atmosphere of the BK would have been magical. I think Tim could have done better.

#4246 2 years ago

Has anyone ever seen the audits menu showing all zeros for pretty much everything except for scores? Just curious to see what the gameplay has been like on this new LE just picked up. But there's no data not even free games after we have played at least 200.

#4247 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Has anyone ever seen the audits menu showing all zeros for pretty much everything except for scores? Just curious to see what the gameplay has been like on this new LE just picked up. But there's no data not even free games after we have played at least 200.

I had this same issue when my game first arrived.

To fix it, I had to:

1) Remove the translite and insert a USB stick into the Spike board (with the machine off)
2) Turn machine on and let the game boot
3) Open service menu via coin door
4) Select Audits
5) Select dump audits

This then dumps an audits file to the USB. After that action, the audits started recording correctly in game.

Give that a go, play a few games and hopefully that solves it for you too.

#4248 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I had this same issue when my game first arrived.
To fix it, I had to:
1) Remove the translite and insert a USB stick into the Spike board (with the machine off)
2) Turn machine on and let the game boot
3) Open service menu via coin door
4) Select Audits
5) Select dump audits
This then dumps an audits file to the USB. After that action, the audits started recording correctly in game.
Give that a go, play a few games and hopefully that solves it for you too.

That did it! Thanks Jesder!

#4249 2 years ago

Maybe the stern insider connected update for black Knight will come with some additional tweaks. I hope.

#4250 2 years ago

There will be a maggot mode where every switch hit Steve Ritchie calls you a maggot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/85?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.