IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 112.
#4051 2 years ago

Got my flaming speaker lights to change colour based on which mode is playing

https://vimeo.com/565235614

#4052 2 years ago

Ok. I’m man enough to admit I’m wrong.

I preferred BKSOR Pro to the Prem/LE.

I was wrong.

Upper playfield (on later codes) adds a heap to the game.

Just smacked a 4x Catapult Super Jackpot. 200m shot. Awesome. Real test of skill to set that up and smash it when required.

This game came from my friend Yee’s estate - he passed away last month. He was the co-founder of NZ Pincade. It was the last pin he bought - We have renamed it Black Knight - Sword Of Yee.

rd
ED01D189-2FC2-4575-87E2-E0ADFE6DC4D2 (resized).jpegED01D189-2FC2-4575-87E2-E0ADFE6DC4D2 (resized).jpeg

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok. I’m man enough to admit I’m wrong.
I preferred BKSOR Pro to the Prem/LE.
I was wrong.
Upper playfield (on later codes) adds a heap to the game.
Just smacked a 4x Catapult Super Jackpot. 200m shot. Awesome. Real test of skill to set that up and smash it when required.
This game came from my friend Yee’s estate - he passed away last month. He was the co-founder of NZ Pincade. It was the last pin he bought - We have renamed it Black Knight - Sword Of Yee.
rd
[quoted image]

BK without an upper is just wrong, idc if the game is 'better' without it. JMO. I haven't played a pro but I love my premium.

Sorry to hear about your friend, that's too bad. Kick the black knight's ass in his honor!

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The other thing I really like ... the alternative music option.

I’m a big “metal guy” and a fan of Scott Ian and Anthrax ... but the music gets a bit samey after a while.

I really like the other music option - gives the game more a “game of thrones” (the show) type feel.

And liking the artwork and the animations.

Some of Sterns best work of the last few years. Imo.

rd

#4055 2 years ago

Yeah artwork is great on the LE. Display animations way better than my old Deadpool LE. Glad you’ve come over to the dark side rotordave

#4056 2 years ago

Next time someone removes their upper playfield if you wouldn’t mind sharing a few photos of the support posts you screw into and if there is a washer under them or not at playfield level. Also if when its back in place if you can shoot me a photo of how it lines up to where the ramp dumps it onto that little rail next to the catapult. I think the previous owner was messing around with it some and it just doesn’t look right.

#4057 2 years ago

there is a video on youtube

#4058 2 years ago

So I saddle up to give my Star Trek (daughter's current favorite) some love last night, and my seven year old moves her step stool over to BK and pulls off a 96M. Way to go, kiddo!

0622211953a_HDR (resized).jpg0622211953a_HDR (resized).jpg
#4059 2 years ago

Since Stern went radio silent on this one...

...I have a Plotter, and I won‘t hesitate to use it! XD

This hopefully should do the trick. (Not perfect by any means, the Macrolon I had left was scratched to begin with...)

34B4B232-3ECB-4577-97F5-FC09CFB8F165 (resized).jpeg34B4B232-3ECB-4577-97F5-FC09CFB8F165 (resized).jpeg45AA57F4-F8EA-4650-BC5F-AE917B3069E7 (resized).jpeg45AA57F4-F8EA-4650-BC5F-AE917B3069E7 (resized).jpeg

Made those for the Slings and outlanes as well, but these are widely available online.

(I bought the machine used with orange neon protectors, but that killed the effect with the switchable lighting AND the protector for said plastic 22 was broken as well.)
sling (resized).jpgsling (resized).jpg

They're only 0,75mm thickness, but they stand over 1mm and are a bit flexible, so they absorb quite an amount of force imho.

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

So I saddle up to give my Star Trek (daughter's current favorite) some love last night, and my seven year old moves her step stool over to BK and pulls off a 96M. Way to go, kiddo!
[quoted image]

bravo !

#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from Fubar:

This is awesome... can you please PM me or tell me how I can do this. I'm picking up a BK Saturday and can't wait.
Thanks.... RK

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from RKip455:

This is awesome... can you please PM me or tell me how I can do this. I'm picking up a BK Saturday and can't wait.
Thanks.... RK

Agreed, absolutely sick!

My BK is being picked up today so should have in 7-10 days, and would love to do this mod

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Thanks.... RK

Quoted from chickenscratch:

Agreed, absolutely sick!
My BK is being picked up today so should have in 7-10 days, and would love to do this mod

Thanks guys, glad you like it You're going to like this game even more, it's epic! ^.^

Right now the mod is a bit fiddly to setup - it requires soldering omg There is a separate thread for it, started by another guy who did the flame effect (not mode-aware), and I just made it change colour when a mode is running.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

#4064 2 years ago

I just joined the club guys! The game already had upgraded sound and a shaker. I plan to add speaker lights.

Can you guys recommend any must have mods?

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I just joined the club guys! The game already had upgraded sound and a shaker. I plan to add speaker lights.
Can you guys recommend any must have mods?

Awesome! Mine is en route so hopefully in a week. Bought a shit load of mods already lol. Only one I was unsure of was that Knight on a Horse. It looked so big and photos make it look like the damn thing is on top of the glass lmao. Anyone have a picture of this mod on the Premium, and do you like it?

Definitely like the flaming speakers idea, fully plan on doing that one and while I have no issues with an iron, glad someone figured out how to do it without, and it’s actually better since the speaker flames are then not in sync, looking more natural in my mind.

#4066 2 years ago

I'm now six years into the hobby and now that I have BKSoR, and ONLY have BKSoR (playable), I finally start seeing progress in my "skillz". XD

Since all shots/ entrances are pretty close to the flipper just "keeping the ball in the game" and "aim when it is possible" won't do anymore.
I finally learned how to "dead flip" (is that how it's called) and "catch" most balls on the flippers, neutralizing any impact they had.

I thought this'd never happen. Hard games really DO make you a better player. XD
(That said I don't think the Black Knight is too "hard"... or maybe it is just not "unfair".)

Still saving up for an upgrade!

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

It’s shoddy stern worksmanship. Happened to me too, just look back in the thread. Good luck getting help. Took me MONTHS to get them to see that their crappy welds failed and got a new catapult. Now, I have small simple plastic failures and they are claiming the game is “out of production”. What a joke of a company.

My catapult welds also failed after ~1k games. All 6 of them on the underside.

I took it to a local shop to TIG weld back together, they charged £20. Cheap! They said the original welds were autogenous, i.e. no filler used, which may make them weaker. In any case they used some filler for the fix and so far so good. (Although I've not yet played another 1k games since! )

If yours fail, it's really not difficult to take apart. Just take a photo of the side with the coil first, to ensure you put it back together the right way It does need TIG welding to fix otherwise it'll fail again a hurry. Here is mine after being fixed:

IMG_3759 (resized).JPGIMG_3759 (resized).JPG
#4068 2 years ago

If

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm now six years into the hobby and now that I have BKSoR, and ONLY have BKSoR (playable), I finally start seeing progress in my "skillz". XD
Since all shots/ entrances are pretty close to the flipper just "keeping the ball in the game" and "aim when it is possible" won't do anymore.
I finally learned how to "dead flip" (is that how it's called) and "catch" most balls on the flippers, neutralizing any impact they had.
I thought this'd never happen. Hard games really DO make you a better player. XD
(That said I don't think the Black Knight is too "hard"... or maybe it is just not "unfair".)
Still saving up for an upgrade!

That's awesome... I had a similar step up with maiden but BKSoR is so much harder. Totally necessary to use control, and I find myself trying to backhand shots as much as possible.

#4069 2 years ago

For anyone in the market and within driving distance of Minneapolis...

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “Black Knight: Sword of Rage” Premium Pinball Home-use-only 735 lifetime plays Beautiful, vivid, lustrous playfield No wear apart from light/normal dimplin...”
2021-06-07
Minneapolis, MN
6,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1094 times

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

For anyone in the market and within driving distance of Minneapolis...

I was actually looking at this the other day. I’ve been planning to get a pin for about 6 months now but have been waiting to sell my house to ensure I don’t have to put any more money into it than I have saved up. House sold today. I close on the 29th of July. If it’s still around in a month I may be trying to get in touch with you.

Machine - For Sale

Black Knight Sword of Rage (Premium)

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “For Sale:

Stern “Black Knight: Sword of Rage” Premium Pinball

Home-use-only

735 lifetime plays

Beautiful, vivid, lustrous playfield

No wear apart from light/normal dimplin...”

22 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

6,700 (OBO)

Jason_Jehosaphat

#4071 2 years ago

I ordered an LE when they first came out. Haven’t taken delivery yet, cause new house isn’t finished.

Last night, I finally got to play an LE. This game is AMAZING!!!

#4072 2 years ago

I noticed there are occasions where the skill shot animation & SFX don't play, even though I successfully hit the skill shot. I spent a little time tracking the bug down and can now reproduce it 100%. This is on my PRO running 1.02. Not sure if it applies to the Prem/LE and my be present in earlier code versions too.

To reproduce:
1) Start a new game
2) Complete a monster mode to light extra ball
3) Collect extra ball
4) Drain
5) While the "Shoot Again" animation is playing on screen, launch the ball and achieve the skill shot (flashing WAR lane)
6) Skill shot animation & SFX will not played.

The skillshot success points will be awarded to the players score. However the call out, SFX and light shows do not play.

The same issue can be observed if you perform the super skill shot (hold left flipper button in when launching) while the Shoot again animation is playing.

It's all related to the "Shoot again" animation playing on screen and I suspect taking a higher priority than the skill shot success show.

Follow steps 1 - 4 above. But this time for step 5, launch the ball once the "Shoot Again" animation is complete. Hitting either of the skill shots will now play the success animation and SFX.

I put the info into an email for Stern. It's a minor issue. But with the other bugs & polish I reported awhile back, hopefully Tim can address them in a future update.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I noticed there are occasions where the skill shot animation & SFX don't play, even though I successfully hit the skill shot. I spent a little time tracking the bug down and can now reproduce it 100%. This is on my PRO running 1.02. Not sure if it applies to the Prem/LE and my be present in earlier code versions too.
To reproduce:
1) Start a new game
2) Complete a monster mode to light extra ball
3) Collect extra ball
4) Drain
5) While the "Shoot Again" animation is playing on screen, launch the ball and achieve the skill shot (flashing WAR lane)
6) Skill shot animation & SFX will not played.
The skillshot success points will be awarded to the players score. However the call out, SFX and light shows do not play.
The same issue can be observed if you perform the super skill shot (hold left flipper button in when launching) while the Shoot again animation is playing.
It's all related to the "Shoot again" animation playing on screen and I suspect taking a higher priority than the skill shot success show.
Follow steps 1 - 4 above. But this time for step 5, launch the ball once the "Shoot Again" animation is complete. Hitting either of the skill shots will now play the success animation and SFX.
I put the info into an email for Stern. It's a minor issue. But with the other bugs & polish I reported awhile back, hopefully Tim can address them in a future update.

I'm sure he will get on it right away. Just like the additional multiball code update for the pro we have been requesting.

#4074 2 years ago

The fitted piece of plastic below the flipper on the upper playfield, is moving along with the flipper. It moves out of the fitted slot when flipping. Obviously loose, but do I need to remove the upper pf to tighten it? I don’t see a set collar or screw I can get to from underneath or from the side. Thanks

F862B17C-5ADD-4433-9880-7FAE042B88AD (resized).jpegF862B17C-5ADD-4433-9880-7FAE042B88AD (resized).jpeg
#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

The fitted piece of plastic below the flipper on the upper playfield, is moving along with the flipper. It moves out of the fitted slot when flipping. Obviously loose, but do I need to remove the upper pf to tighten it? I don’t see a set collar or screw I can get to from underneath or from the side. Thanks
[quoted image]

Do a search back through this topic. There's several posts on this issue and how to fix it.

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Do a search back through this topic. There's several posts on this issue and how to fix it.

I had tried “Upper flipper” and “Flipper spacer” on the search prior to my question. Only read about ball getting stuck in groove of spacer and correct stacking order for flipper components.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

#4077 2 years ago

So I guess my game just isn't already tapped for a shaker, huh. Don't think the kit came with any #8 tee nuts, either... :/

20210708_202805 (resized).jpg20210708_202805 (resized).jpg20210708_202851 (resized).jpg20210708_202851 (resized).jpg
#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

So I guess my game just isn't already tapped for a shaker, huh. Don't think the kit came with any #8 tee nuts, either... :/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Ohps!

#4079 2 years ago

Surprise, maggots! Tapped but not drilled all the way through. Weird. Shaker installed, all is well. Lol

20210708_211609 (resized).jpg20210708_211609 (resized).jpg
#4080 2 years ago

..and yet it got the "QA Accepted" stamp

Good to see you've got it sorted though!

Love shaker motors. There's a few extra places I'd like to see it used in Black Knight - especially during the intro the Triple Knights Challenge.

#4081 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

..and yet it got the "QA Accepted" stamp
Good to see you've got it sorted though!
Love shaker motors. There's a few extra places I'd like to see it used in Black Knight - especially during the intro the Triple Knights Challenge.

Lmaoooo yeah I definitely had a good laugh at the QA stamp. Seems the staffer was too ashamed to put his name down though so... maybe that's why. lol

Initial thoughts on the shaker, it seems a lot less active than the one on my Metallica or tron, but that's just with a couple of games played. Not really a fair evaluation period tbh.

#4082 2 years ago

Something for the pro users...
Black Knight Sword Of Rage DOOM Eternal *unofficial*Soundtrack (1.02)
Original soundtrack (because it has more sound options) is replaced and just for variation of the awesome original tracks:
Intro -> Nero - Doomsday
Hell Hand -> Moaan Exis - On Fire
Hydra -> Extra Terra - Cyberpunk
Lich Lords -> Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
Magma Beast -> Hyper - FCKD
Retro Mode -> NAndrew Hulshult - Departure to Destruction
Sandworm -> Muzzy - Horsepower
Tripple Knights Challenge -> Noisia - Lilith's Club
War -> Gost - Maleficarum
----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://heerser.com/dld/sword_of_rage_pro-1_02_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw-DOOM.zip

DE (resized).jpgDE (resized).jpg
#4083 2 years ago

I do not have a pro but would love to see some video of this version.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Surprise, maggots! Tapped but not drilled all the way through. Weird. Shaker installed, all is well. Lol
[quoted image]

Yes, mine was the same way. I had to do a little digging to get the bolt holes open.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Current download link for the Rammstein soundtrack. Earlier post has also been updated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yq31_EQZtJLHyonqI95rXXgbVwlQlAmR/view?usp=sharing

Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is still using 1.0.1 code correct? Would you have an image that combines the custom soundtrack and 1.0.2 - thanks

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Heerser:

Something for the pro users...
Black Knight Sword Of Rage DOOM Eternal *unofficial*Soundtrack (1.02)
Original soundtrack (because it has more sound options) is replaced and just for variation of the awesome original tracks:
Intro -> Nero - Doomsday
Hell Hand -> Moaan Exis - On Fire
Hydra -> Extra Terra - Cyberpunk
Lich Lords -> Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster
Magma Beast -> Hyper - FCKD
Retro Mode -> NAndrew Hulshult - Departure to Destruction
Sandworm -> Muzzy - Horsepower
Tripple Knights Challenge -> Noisia - Lilith's Club
War -> Gost - Maleficarum
----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://heerser.com/dld/sword_of_rage_pro-1_02_0.Release.8G.sdcard.raw-DOOM.zip[quoted image]

Out of curiosity, why does this only work for Pro? Are there different playlists due to things missing from Pro, like the catapult multiball?

Is there a good guide around for creating my own playlist using Pinball Browser? I love metal, have been in IT for decades, so would be a no-brainer that I just create my own alternative soundtrack. Not sure if PB is generic enough that a tutorial for one game is the same as another, or if there are going to be enough nuisances in terms of where things are located, what needs to be modified, etc.

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Out of curiosity, why does this only work for Pro?

Because he changed the Pro code, propably because he has a Pro.

It does not work for Premium/ LE, because these machines have different code.
It'll be mostly -if not all- the same sound files but you'd have to do it all over again.

#4088 2 years ago

Just thought I would share, I know it’s probably crazy but I am loving the new button location, so many more saves! 110% worth it.

3784B079-E29C-440F-B5E7-ED974D9339C8 (resized).jpeg3784B079-E29C-440F-B5E7-ED974D9339C8 (resized).jpeg
#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just thought I would share, I know it’s probably crazy but I am loving the new button location, so many more saves! 110% worth it.
[quoted image]

You’re braver than I am, but that’s awesome!!

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from Fubar:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8106644fc61b730c7f0fd94d92a2f1006d6c32af-1626141009-1800"};
//]]>

I would really love to know how you did that. I have the same speakers and light show but I have not figured out how to make the colors change

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

#4092 2 years ago

Finally got around to finishing my topper. Not quite Stern's but I only spent about $150 in parts. Plus, mines got a real sword!!!!

IMG_20210713_143958437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210713_143958437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210713_144203954 (resized).jpgIMG_20210713_144203954 (resized).jpg
#4093 2 years ago

Question for you owners - while talking with my buddy who has a Pro I mentioned that I thought one of the code updates included a magnasave fix that would kick a ball back in the shooter lane if you hit the action button before the ball rolls over the right outlane switch. However in my searches on the forums I can't find where I read that. Is this all in my head??? 1000% possible.

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Question for you owners - while talking with my buddy who has a Pro I mentioned that I thought one of the code updates included a magnasave fix that would kick a ball back in the shooter lane if you hit the action button before the ball rolls over the right outlane switch. However in my searches on the forums I can't find where I read that. Is this all in my head??? 1000% possible.

Yeah I'm afraid that one is in your head.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I heard something about that for sure.. possibly some kind of rumour that was going around.. or perhaps a mix-up with the magna-save rule path to jackpot or last chance?

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I heard something about that for sure.. possibly some kind of rumour that was going around.. or perhaps a mix-up with the magna-save rule path to jackpot or last chance?

Sounds lika a mixup between last chance mode on le/premium when you hit magna save right when the last ball is draining.

#4097 2 years ago

Set a new GC score on my Pro today - finally breaking 900mil and painfully short of the 1 billion barrier.

Reached the final wizard mode for only the fourth time I think and BK2000 retro mode for only the third time since owning it.

bk (resized).jpgbk (resized).jpg
#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Set a new GC score on my Pro today - finally breaking 900mil and painfully short of the 1 billion barrier.
Reached the final wizard mode for only the fourth time I think and BK2000 retro mode for only the third time since owning it.
[quoted image]

Dang - and I was feeling good about my 790B score tonight (HS #3 on my Premium) till I saw your post.

Got to Black Castle and just over 640B on my first ball. Black Castle was done after only 6 hits and then the monsters started over.

#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Dang - and I was feeling good about my 790B score tonight (HS #3 on my Premium) till I saw your post.
Got to Black Castle and just over 640B on my first ball. Black Castle was done after only 6 hits and then the monsters started over.

meanwhile the PRO is for sure harder to play/score
and 6 hits only ? easier setting or something changed in the setup ? if i remember well, i had to hit something like 15-20 time to beat him

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

meanwhile the PRO is for sure harder to play/score
and 6 hits only ? easier setting or something changed in the setup ? if i remember well, i had to hit something like 15-20 time to beat him

6 hits only? You trolling me? That center target is a bitch.....drain monster 75% of the time.

Farthest I've gotten is 16 hits on Black Castle before I drained, so thinking it's 20.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/82?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.