419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 111.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Are the sides of the auto launch supposed to be bent in just a hair?

im gonna say yes, as those tabs on my machine look exactly like yours.

#4002 2 years ago

What is the stock number for flipper coil stops for BKSOR? I've looked at several parts sites and can't find them.

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

What is the stock number for flipper coil stops for BKSOR? I've looked at several parts sites and can't find them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:im gonna say yes, as those tabs on my machine look exactly like yours.

No idea what's going on with mine. I've tried everything I can think of and the issue persists. Sometimes it works great. Sometimes it makes it alllllllmost there, then falls down..a lot of those go right for the left drain. Some only go about halfway up and then come back down. I assume there's different programming to shoot the ball to the upper vs half shots depending on the scenario at hand.. Right?

#4005 2 years ago

I assume there's different programming to shoot the ball to the upper vs half shots depending on the scenario at hand.. Right?

oh gosh - that sure would be a neat idea, but I doubt the code is that sophisticated enough to include variable auto plunge strength. i kinda hope I'm wrong because that is a super cool concept.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

oh gosh - that sure would be a neat idea, but I doubt the code is that sophisticated enough to include variable auto plunge strength. i kinda hope I'm wrong because that is a super cool concept.

I wouldn't think the code is this smart either, but I'm just trying to one up with patterns when it's falling. I don't really get it. It seemed to be working fine before (or at least I hadn't noticed it), now it sucks. But I see nothing mechanical that would support the overall....crappiness.

#4007 2 years ago

I removed the upper screw because it seemed to offer kind of a...burr? Idk, but it wasn't level with the ramp. I thought that seemed to improve things but a few games later it came right back. Dropped the legs all the way to the floor, for the weakest slope possible....nope.

I don't get it. Nothing seems obviously wrong from any mechanical standpoint. The alignment looks just fine from what I can see. And yet it persists. But sometimes it's fine. It's crazy.
PXL_20210607_003458808 (resized).jpgPXL_20210607_003458808 (resized).jpg

I can't imagine how, but I don't remember having these issues prior to removing the upper PF... Is it possible I reassembled incorrectly? I can't see how that would have anything to do with the launch ramp since the only piece that fits on/over the upper is that scoop, buuuuut... I've tried pretty much everything else. Maybe I should remove the upper and put it back on, again, and see if that fixes it? I'm completely stumped.

#4008 2 years ago

I removed the upper screw because it seemed to offer kind of a...burr? Idk, but it wasn't level with the ramp. I thought that seemed to improve things but a few games later it came right back. Dropped the legs all the way to the floor, for the weakest slope possible....nope.
I don't get it. Nothing seems obviously wrong from any mechanical standpoint. The alignment looks just fine from what I can see. And yet it persists. But sometimes it's fine. It's crazy.
[quoted image]
I can't imagine how, but I don't remember having these issues prior to removing the upper PF... Is it possible I reassembled incorrectly? I can't see how that would have anything to do with the launch ramp since the only piece that fits on/over the upper is that scoop, buuuuut... I've tried pretty much everything else. Maybe I should remove the upper and put it back on, again, and see if that fixes it? I'm completely stumped.

I would focus on the auto-fire mechanism.
Take the glass off, put the game in diagnostic mode in the service menu, and then lay a ball in the shooter lane. It should be auto-fired immediately and easily to the upper PF.
You can also do this with the glass on in "CLR," which is a trough-switch diagnostic mode. Just press the start button to fire the balls, one after another.
If it auto-fires reliably, then you know your gameplay power setting is too low.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I would focus on the auto-fire mechanism.
Take the glass off, put the game in diagnostic mode in the service menu, and then lay a ball in the shooter lane. It should be auto-fired immediately and easily to the upper PF.
You can also do this with the glass on in "CLR," which is a trough-switch diagnostic mode. Just press the start button to fire the balls, one after another.
If it auto-fires reliably, then you know your gameplay power setting is too low.

I did that test and it was all over the map. Sometimes it made it, easily, sometimes it was lazy. But I see nothing out of whack with the mechanism. Everything is smooth and I've already replaced the sleeve. I have the power setting at 255 which is max. Doesn't seem like I should need to have it that high, but even that isn't consistently getting it there.

#4010 2 years ago

I did that test and it was all over the map. Sometimes it made it, easily, sometimes it was lazy.

Can you post a video with a few of those tests/launches?

#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Can you post a video with a few of those tests/launches?

Sure, I'll take that today as soon as I can.

#4012 2 years ago

Have you checked to make sure the mech is undamaged, moves freely and screwed in tight? Is the ball bouncing off something in its path along the way? I have a pro so I'm not sure what the prem ball path looks like

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Have you checked to make sure the mech is undamaged, moves freely and screwed in tight? Is the ball bouncing off something in its path along the way? I have a pro so I'm not sure what the prem ball path looks like

Mech seems just fine. Nothing wobbly, new sleeve, moves smoothly both in and out of the machine.

The only potential issue I saw was with that screw but I removed it entirely and it didn't seem to change anything.

#4014 2 years ago

I somehow missed that post. Yeah I'd definitely check to make sure you got the upper PF back exactly how it's supposed to be. Once again, no premium for me to reference but things like ramp flaps being tightened down too far can have a huge effect on geometry and ball speed.

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I somehow missed that post. Yeah I'd definitely check to make sure you got the upper PF back exactly how it's supposed to be. Once again, no premium for me to reference but things like ramp flaps being tightened down too far can have a huge effect on geometry and ball speed.

While I definitely agree and am absolutely willing to consider that the upper may not be installed correctly, I still don't see how anything other than the flap itself could have anything to do with the auto launch. But maybe it's got the entire thing twisted or something, idk. I'll take it apart and reassemble again after I get some video today. Most of the shots failing to reach the upper don't seem to even be making it to that flap.

#4016 2 years ago

^^^ Don't forget to turn power back down after you bend the forks.

#4017 2 years ago

Well... you had said everything was fine until you removed / replaced the upper so I feel like that checks out logically.

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Well... you had said everything was fine until you removed / replaced the upper so I feel like that checks out logically.

Indeed! I had a similar problem with the habitrial on my Pro.

I went and replaced the metal washers with plastic ones and all of a sudden the ball kept on jumping out of the habitrial. It turned out that the mounting bracket was a little off. The ball kept on hitting a nut that holds one of the plastics down.

#4019 2 years ago

Anyone within reasonable driving distance of West Michigan want to trade me a HUO Stranger Things Premium w/UV Kit or AFMr SE for my HUO BKSOR Premium w/shooter, shaker, topper, speaker upgrade, and blades?

1 week later
#4020 2 years ago

New member . My first LCD pinball

I was wondering about the #43 plastic kit, I don't think I have this.. To confirm is this only to help give a little bump to the 3rd flipper? Is there a general consensus of preference for this if this is all it is? i.e., it seems like the nudge is not too bad, and more like the original BKs?

Thank you-

20210614_214337 (resized).jpg20210614_214337 (resized).jpg
#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

New member . My first LCD pinball
I was wondering about the #43 plastic kit, I don't think I have this.. To confirm is this only to help give a little bump to the 3rd flipper? Is there a general consensus of preference for this if this is all it is? i.e., it seems like the nudge is not too bad, and more like the original BKs?
Thank you-[quoted image]

Congrats, and welcome to the club! I prefer having the kit in myself and indeed it's only to give a little bump to the upper playfield flipper.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43

#4022 2 years ago

Welcome Koji! Nice topper!

Quoted from Mathazar:

Congrats, and welcome to the club! I prefer having the kit in myself and indeed it's only to give a little bump to the upper playfield flipper.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43

Carted for my next order....

Probably going to order another auto launcher assembly too. Mine seemed to work decently well when I bent the tabs way in, and it already sucks again. I'm tired messing with the flimsy piece of crap.

#4023 2 years ago

Ok thanks.. I'll order it.. seems easy enough to swap one way or the other.

Bad news is, I discovered something kind of nasty in the CC. The good news is the seller is a friend so they are going to take care of it.. Bad news again, is I don't get to play it as it is off to a pros house so they can rebuild the clear and seal the job with a cliffy. I guess I can wait .

I'll take solace in the fact that I will eventually challenge the black knight again.

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Bad news is, I discovered something kind of nasty in the CC.

What do you mean by CC?

Whatever it is it's definitely not Cactus Canyon.

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Ok thanks.. I'll order it.. seems easy enough to swap one way or the other.
Bad news is, I discovered something kind of nasty in the CC. The good news is the seller is a friend so they are going to take care of it.. Bad news again, is I don't get to play it as it is off to a pros house so they can rebuild the clear and seal the job with a cliffy. I guess I can wait .
I'll take solace in the fact that I will eventually challenge the black knight again.

Yikes! Something THAT bad on the playfield? That sucks!

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

What do you mean by CC?
Whatever it is it's definitely not Cactus Canyon.

Sorry.. meant Clear coat.

#4027 2 years ago

Added this one to the lineup last night.

5A97AEFF-E2A2-419E-A79C-4748E6041393 (resized).jpeg5A97AEFF-E2A2-419E-A79C-4748E6041393 (resized).jpeg
#4028 2 years ago

Random, why is the auto launcher so thin and flimsy compared to Tron? I'm convinced I'd have no problems if not for this flimsy pos.

PXL_20210616_175509504 (resized).jpgPXL_20210616_175509504 (resized).jpgPXL_20210616_175517891 (resized).jpgPXL_20210616_175517891 (resized).jpg
#4029 2 years ago

Sorry to hear my fix didn't work for you! Mine is still working 99% of the time after about a year.

#4030 2 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Sorry to hear my fix didn't work for you! Mine is still working 99% of the time after about a year.

Mine worked great for a couple of games. Lol

Currently it's back to lazily throwing it halfway up the ramp and then immediately down the left outlane.

So imo you were right on the fix, I just think maybe my bracket is worn out. My game has like 4000 lifetime plays.

#4031 2 years ago

Here's what mine looks like compared to yours.

20210616_141005 (resized).jpg20210616_141005 (resized).jpg
#4032 2 years ago

So, talking to PBL it looks like it'll run me a hair over $60 to convert to the more robust configuration stern used on Tron. I might have to order a connector too, idk on that one. Might just go ahead and do it though, I'm tired of messing with it.

#4033 2 years ago

So, talking to PBL it looks like it'll run me a hair over $60 to convert to the more robust configuration stern used on Tron. I might have to order a connector too, idk on that one. Might just go ahead and do it though, I'm tired of messing with it.

If that actually resolves the problem, $60 seems cheap to rid yourself of that frustration!

#4034 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

If that actually resolves the problem, $60 seems cheap to rid yourself of that frustration!

Kinda what I'm thinking lol. I'm surprised more people aren't having issues with the damn auto launcher. Looks flimsy as all hell to me. Not sure if the fact that mine has 4000ish plays is the reason.. Maybe it's just worn out. Idk.

#4035 2 years ago

Back in the club for the third time!! You would think i would have learned the first time! Either way i got a beautiful HUO example of it and loving the battle, such a great under appreciated game.

43647DED-A67B-44A5-A1A4-FC69DED9A2EE (resized).jpeg43647DED-A67B-44A5-A1A4-FC69DED9A2EE (resized).jpeg
#4036 2 years ago

Nice! "Get back in the fight, coward!"

#4037 2 years ago

I wouldn't count on the older style mech fixing anything, and if it does it's by luck. The older one wasn't much different in the mechanism itself, and there were just as many problems in that era as there are with them now. It is luck of the draw honestly, and some games a weak plunge is much less noticeable than others. Tron is one that could have a crappy one and not make much difference since it doesn't have to go up any sort of ramp to make it to the top of the playfield. It's simply a poor design. Lots of moving parts and joints with tolerances too loose to work together 100%. The best you can do it adjust the forks to give the best ball contact and maybe try to take up some slop in the mech with a washer or e-clip. And that can be tricky too as if you take up too much tolerance, you can lose power by binding up. There is simply no way to get a 100% perfectly consistent launch with how this mech is designed. Hopefully you can tweak things enough to make it good enough for your game.

#4038 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't count on the older style mech fixing anything, and if it does it's by luck. The older one wasn't much different in the mechanism itself, and there were just as many problems in that era as there are with them now. It is luck of the draw honestly, and some games a weak plunge is much less noticeable than others. Tron is one that could have a crappy one and not make much difference since it doesn't have to go up any sort of ramp to make it to the top of the playfield. It's simply a poor design. Lots of moving parts and joints with tolerances too loose to work together 100%. The best you can do it adjust the forks to give the best ball contact and maybe try to take up some slop in the mech with a washer or e-clip. And that can be tricky too as if you take up too much tolerance, you can lose power by binding up. There is simply no way to get a 100% perfectly consistent launch with how this mech is designed. Hopefully you can tweak things enough to make it good enough for your game.

Yep, I agree with everything you said. It's not noticeable on my Tron or metallica because there's no additional incline to the launch. The design is crap for sure. Thicker metal on the tabs would keep them from bringing l bending out over time I think but you're right that the design still sucks. PBL is special ordering a new (stock) kicker arm for me, so I'll have it on hand one way or another.. I'm still kicking around whether or not to spend the $60 on the Tron style. Probably won't, for the reasons you mentioned, but idk.

For right now I bent the tabs WAY in and maxed the power and it's working fairly well. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Just sucks to have to babysit it so much.

#4039 2 years ago

Yep, I agree with everything you said. It's not noticeable on my Tron or metallica because there's no additional incline to the launch. The design is crap for sure. Thicker metal on the tabs would keep them from bringing l bending out over time I think but you're right that the design still sucks. PBL is special ordering a new (stock) kicker arm for me, so I'll have it on hand one way or another.. I'm still kicking around whether or not to spend the $60 on the Tron style. Probably won't, for the reasons you mentioned, but idk.
For right now I bent the tabs WAY in and maxed the power and it's working fairly well. I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Just sucks to have to babysit it so much.

Yeah...it can be a bummer for sure. The thicker forks definitely still bend though. I spent many months messing with my (original) Avengers, and eventually just had to accept the fact that between the mech and the flimsy ramp that it launches up on to, there was no way it would ever be 100%. Thankfully a crap launch just leads to a nice safe right inlane feed, so it's not a terrible issue on that particular game.

I do find that bending the forks in can help sometimes. Hope that keeps working for you or you are able to find the magic bullet!

#4040 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the topper is going to be made for the next run of the final call, sometime in 2022?

#4041 2 years ago

SR said, when they made the Premium/ LE code update video, where that machines got a „bump“ post fot the upper playfield, that they updated this plastic here with a wire protector.

Never seen that. Where can I get it?

72BB9E09-FAD8-4207-9F1B-F3F7CE13DEC6 (resized).jpeg72BB9E09-FAD8-4207-9F1B-F3F7CE13DEC6 (resized).jpeg
#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

SR said, when they made the Premium/ LE code update video, where that machines got a „bump“ post fot the upper playfield, that they updated this plastic here with a wire protector.
Never seen that. Where can I get it?
[quoted image]

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...it can be a bummer for sure. The thicker forks definitely still bend though. I spent many months messing with my (original) Avengers, and eventually just had to accept the fact that between the mech and the flimsy ramp that it launches up on to, there was no way it would ever be 100%. Thankfully a crap launch just leads to a nice safe right inlane feed, so it's not a terrible issue on that particular game.
I do find that bending the forks in can help sometimes. Hope that keeps working for you or you are able to find the magic bullet!

Haha my hulk LE is what got traded in order to get this bksor. That launch definitely can be a pita too, I agree. I really don't mind it not making the upper all that much EXCEPT that mine seems to find the left outlane the majority of the time. THAT'S rough. Maybe I should work on adjusting that sightly so if the launcher starts sucking again at least it won't insta-drain.

Love the game but it sure as hell doesn't need to be MORE difficult!

#4044 2 years ago

I really don't mind it not making the upper all that much EXCEPT that mine seems to find the left outlane the majority of the time. THAT'S rough. Maybe I should work on adjusting that sightly so if the launcher starts sucking again at least it won't insta-drain.
Love the game but it sure as hell doesn't need to be MORE difficult!

Have you tried moving the outlane post to lowest position?

Another option is to set the outlane ball save to EASY in the settings.

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Have you tried moving the outlane post to lowest position?
Another option is to set the outlane ball save to EASY in the settings.

Have not done either of those; thinking I'll try the post position first.

#4046 2 years ago

Yeah, exactly not that one.

NOT the bump thingy. A protector for the flimsy plastic in the picture.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, exactly not that one.
NOT the bump thingy. A protector for the flimsy plastic in the picture.

I've wanted one myself. I remember Steve talking about that in the DeadFlip stream a long time ago, but never saw anything ever come of it.

#4048 2 years ago

My bad, I completely misread..

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've wanted one myself. I remember Steve talking about that in the DeadFlip stream a long time ago, but never saw anything ever come of it.

Exactly! -They said the new machines have a protector for that plastic. I neither know if they really do, nor have I ever seen it anywhere.

I have a Neon protector under that plastic and that‘s allready shattered to pieces. XD

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Exactly! -They said the new machines have a protector for that plastic. I neither know if they really do, nor have I ever seen it anywhere.
I have a Neon protector under that plastic and that‘s allready shattered to pieces. XD

I am looking for this plastic as well. Please let me know if you find something. Mine is broken. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/81?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.