IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 112.
#3851 2 years ago

I enjoy the LE, all happy

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I enjoy the premium more than the pro. At least we are both happy.

The upper playfield just slowed the game down for me.

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The upper playfield just slowed the game down for me.

The pro was too fast for this old man I need that break on top. Also love the catapult shot.

#3854 2 years ago

Thanks so much for the referral! I was able to get in touch with them this morning and have a Pro headed my way. Adding in hundreds for freight was making it a tough decision for me versus my original plan for a Stranger Things, which many distros have free shipping available for, but I was able to get a floor model shipped to me at a price that was more agreeable.

I had been saving for a Stranger Things, but a night at a barcade in Denver a couple weeks ago made me realize that BK Pro just has "the fizz" that is lacking in Stranger Things. I have played the Prem/LE as well and found both layouts are great fun! Looking forward to joining the club officially when the big Stern box shows up at my door.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Thanks so much for the referral! I was able to get in touch with them this morning and have a Pro headed my way. Adding in hundreds for freight was making it a tough decision for me versus my original plan for a Stranger Things, which many distros have free shipping available for, but I was able to get a floor model shipped to me at a price that was more agreeable.
I had been saving for a Stranger Things, but a night at a barcade in Denver a couple weeks ago made me realize that BK Pro just has "the fizz" that is lacking in Stranger Things. I have played the Prem/LE as well and found both layouts are great fun! Looking forward to joining the club officially when the big Stern box shows up at my door.

Awesome man! Mike will get it out to you quick im sure.

#3856 2 years ago

Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between soundtracks without opening the coin door?

#3857 2 years ago

If any of you are curious, I will share my impressions of my new'ish BKSOR.

I think the playfield lighting is dreamy. I thought I would find it too "red," but it's fine. The ball looks great up on the upper PF.

Game adjustments I found helpful:

1. Lowering the power on all the flippers, in particular on the upper. Lower power helps me hit loops up there. It does make it harder to lock balls though. Lower power down low just helps me get control of missed shots sooner and lowers the odds of an impossible-to-react-to brick return.

2. Lowering the power on the trough kick-out and the auto-launch, as well as the Castle VUK.

Protection:

I "chip proofed" the game by pulling the stainless lane guides where appropriate and adding broad washers at the fixing points. I put mylar at the foot of the short-plunge shooter-lane dump. It worried me watching the ball crash onto the PF, so I put a large circle there. I also added Cliffys, upgraded the speakers, and changed the GI to frosted bulbs from Comet. I also added a very nice set of custom plastics protectors from Silverball Designs OH. I sent him all of my vulnerable plastics and he made a protector for each using his CNC laser-cutting rig. They look sharp. I made my own protector for the super-slender plastic that stretches from behind the Black Knight to the Shield VUK. I threw in several PF spots lights - some warm white, some red - and gelled the flashers in the arch to gold from white. I ordered a set of PinGraffix Pinblades, too. I should have them by Saturday if I'm lucky.

As for the game, I'm liking it more as I put more time on it. At first I thought it was murderously hard. Now I'm getting used to it. My favorite shots, in order:

6. Flail from left flipper
5. Shield lock from right
4. Loop
3. Cat lock
2. Left orbit
1. Right orbit

I was struggling to reach the Black Castle, so, just to get there, I adjusted the difficulty level of the modes to "Easy." On the very first game after that I did that, I got to the Black Castle. It's hella cool. You finally hear the music that was used in the teaser. Tragically, I drained on my very first shot on a rejection from the flail. Big mistake not to hit the shield from the right first. I was crushed. I haven't played TKC MB very well so far. I haven't reached the second phase of that or any MB. It's also rare that I complete the W-A-R Hurry-ups.

Are most of you now good at flipper staging? By that I mean cradling on the lower right but flipping on the upper right as necessary. I can't do it to save my life. The stageable switch makes subtle flipping - tapping, for example - harder on the right. I also think the off-the-shelf flipper lane guides are weirdly lifeless. I think it has to do with how the elbows are too tight. It's hard to roll pass because the ball loses too much momentum getting through there. My game's pitch has the spirit level about one-third above the middle zone, although an inclinometer shows just 6.5-degrees. I have Titan's Super-Shiny chromium-steel balls and they look great. I may be kidding myself, but the Magna-Save's power seems so week that I'm not worried about magnetizing the balls.

The music is okay. I thought it would get on my nerves, but it doesn't. The sound effects are good. The SR BK callouts are great, but those of the Briton who does the majority of the more descriptive ones are just okay. No disrespect to Ed Robertson, but his "goofy" callouts - "Butcher" and the pyromaniac skeleton soldier - aren't my cup of tea. I don't think there's any place for goofy in this theme, but that's just me. I browsed all the sounds in the service menu under Diagnostics/Speaker and I even heard some by Timballs. I guess they got the whole team in the recording room! Oh, and you can set how much "backpedaling" your hear in the B.K. settings. The default is none, but I turned it on and it's fun to hear him struggle a bit as you score hits.

#3858 2 years ago

Thanks for the info on the backpedaling setting. That must be why I hadn't heard any at the locations I have played it (and totally not because I suck and lose money quickly on it. Can't be that.....)

#3859 2 years ago

Hi guys, stupid question here; where can I change the soundtrack to try the alt one?
I've searched in the menu, no luck...

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys, stupid question here; where can I change the soundtrack to try the alt one?

Make sure you're running code version 1.01 or 1.02 and you'll find it in the service menu:

- Enter the service menu
- Select Adjustments
- Select Feature adjustments
- Cycle to feature adjustment 100 - Alternative Soundtrack

Quoted from hank35:

Is there an easy way to switch back and forth between soundtracks without opening the coin door?

Sadly no. It's one of the polish items I sent feedback on as they went to the trouble of adding a completely alternate soundtrack, but make it a pain to switch between.

#3861 2 years ago

How is your game pitched?
My spirit level shows I'm good, but inclinometer app shows just 5.8 degrees.
I'm guessing Steve Ritchie intended at least 6.5 degrees.
Ball is pretty lazy at this pitch.
Thoughts?

9938B830-66A4-4882-AD9B-2A3D48FA1E38 (resized).jpeg9938B830-66A4-4882-AD9B-2A3D48FA1E38 (resized).jpeg
#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Alternative soundtrack is abbreviated.
Tracks are reused for multiple modes.
It's a hodgepodge of music that was probably picked off the cutting room floor from other games. I can hear EHOH's "Gappa angry!" in one of them. Oh, and one is definitely a castoff from GOTG.

#3863 2 years ago

I had the "too much reject" issue with my flail ramp and finally decided to take a look.

There was a hanging wire & clip under the UPF and some ramp screws were a bit loose.

Not sure if that was the issue or if I re-installed the UPF more correctly, but I played a couple of games and no more rejects now.

Adding images for future ref.

P1050219 (resized).JPGP1050219 (resized).JPGP1050221 (resized).JPGP1050221 (resized).JPG
#3864 2 years ago

Intermittent Flame Panel: What Gives?

Set to "Always on," but it's off most of the time during gameplay. Will come to life for a second or two, then go dark again.

I reseated the connectors - in the wiring harness and at the playfield 48V core-driver node. I also updated the game code. Please tell me I don't need a new driver node. If the panel works fine during attract, I assume it's fine but the signal to it is interrupted during gameplay.

Ideas?

#3865 2 years ago

Recently been having the game eject two balls during play (for example when locking one in catapult and having it auto fire a new one). Any thoughts? Optos, or auto plunger adjustment? I almost think it’s trying to fire a ball, and it gets hung up, and then the game thinks it didn’t try to eject one so then it ejects two.

#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Recently been having the game eject two balls during play (for example when locking one in catapult and having it auto fire a new one). Any thoughts? Optos, or auto plunger adjustment? I almost think it’s trying to fire a ball, and it gets hung up, and then the game thinks it didn’t try to eject one so then it ejects two.

It could be a trough-eject power issue. You can bump it up or down in the settings under Adjust/BK/Trough. I would experiment there first.

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Intermittent Flame Panel: What Gives?
Set to "Always on," but it's off most of the time during gameplay. Will come to life for a second or two, then go dark again.
I reseated the connectors - in the wiring harness and at the playfield 48V core-driver node. I also updated the game code. Please tell me I don't need a new driver node. If the panel works fine during attract, I assume it's fine but the signal to it is interrupted during gameplay.
Ideas?

Nobody? I could really use some ideas here.
Whad'a ya' got?

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Usually the "trough jam" opto when this stuff happens. On the old SAM and Whitestar systems, it was just a cold solder on the trough 1 / jam board. Haven't seen much on a Spike. But try taking the balls out and hit the playfield a little in switch test. See if any of the trough switches flicker... Hope this helps.

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Check to make sure the connectors to the trough opto board (attached to the trough itself) are firmly seated. I had a recurring problem on my ghostbusters where the connector would loosen up over time and the issue would pop up intermittently, reseat connector and it would work fine for a few months.

#3870 2 years ago

Flame panel action: when is it on and why?

When I first got my game, I thought the flame panel was on almost all the time. This made me happy, as the glowing effect is great. Then it seemed to be on rarely. I was confused. I was sure I'd broken something. I etched a fresh SD card of the latest code and installed it, since I assumed the panel action was controlled by the CPU. No change. Still rarely on. I went to another collector's home just to see how *his* flame panel behaves, and there I saw that his, too, wasn't on all that much.
So, my question is, what turns it on and/or keeps it on?

#3871 2 years ago

The stars seemed to align, . . . If only for a moment. Still didn't get BC (haven't been there yet) , but was my first time getting BK2K MB! Didn't realize it was a timed wizard mode! Definitely got 85MM from a single war HU!

20210429_201355 (resized).jpg20210429_201355 (resized).jpg
#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

The stars seemed to align, . . . If only for a moment. Still didn't get BC (haven't been there yet) , but was my first time getting BK2K MB! Didn't realize it was a timed wizard mode! Definitely got 85MM from a single war HU!
[quoted image]

Holy shirt!
Almost $700M!
You slay!

#3873 2 years ago

Where can I download the soundtrack?

#3874 2 years ago

Holy shirt!
Almost $700M!
You slay!

Thanks! I bounce back and forth between this and my AIQ:Prem (don't think I've broken 500MM on that one yet). Regarding your flickering panel flame display question, I'll see if I remember to check mine next time I play and let you know. Cheers!

#3875 2 years ago

Flame panel action: when is it on and why?
When I first got my game, I thought the flame panel was on almost all the time. This made me happy, as the glowing effect is great. Then it seemed to be on rarely. I was confused. I was sure I'd broken something. I etched a fresh SD card of the latest code and installed it, since I assumed the panel action was controlled by the CPU. No change. Still rarely on. I went to another collector's home just to see how *his* flame panel behaves, and there I saw that his, too, wasn't on all that much.
So, my question is, what turns it on and/or keeps it on?

Ok, just checked mine. Definitely only on certain times. What I've noticed as on activity:

-attract mode
-opening light show
-knight letter award
-bonus award at end of ball

I'm sure there are more but when I watched it was definitely off more than on. Hope that helps but I'm sure there is a detailed description of its activity on the interwebs somewhere

#3876 2 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Ok, just checked mine. Definitely only on certain times. What I've noticed as on activity:
-attract mode
-opening light show
-knight letter award
I'm sure there are more but when I watched it was definitely off more than on. Hope that helps but I'm sure there is a detailed description of its activity on the interwebs somewhere

Oh, and also when you hit the "realm" shot to lock in the monster

#3877 2 years ago

Got my Pro today! Some loose and missing screws, and the ball was jumping out of the wireform due to a too-long screw thread sticking up, but we got that all taken care of and having fun now. That's my buddy, not me in the photos.

0430211609_HDR (resized).jpg0430211609_HDR (resized).jpg0430211635_HDR (resized).jpg0430211635_HDR (resized).jpg0430211707_HDR (resized).jpg0430211707_HDR (resized).jpg0430211811a_HDR (resized).jpg0430211811a_HDR (resized).jpg
#3878 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my Pro today! Some loose and missing screws, and the ball was jumping out of the wireform due to a too-long screw thread sticking up, but we got that all taken care of and having fun now. That's my buddy, not me in the photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Congrats!!
It's a super fun and addictive game!

#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my Pro today! Some loose and missing screws, and the ball was jumping out of the wireform due to a too-long screw thread sticking up, but we got that all taken care of and having fun now. That's my buddy, not me in the photos.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!! Awesome pin.

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Can't beat Black Knight and Star Trek in the lineup!

IMG_7378 (resized).jpgIMG_7378 (resized).jpg
#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Can't beat Black Knight and Star Trek in the lineup! [quoted image]

very nice ! even more for the one in the center...

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

-attract mode
-opening light show
-knight letter award

Thanks, DBB, for taking the time to share this. Very helpful! I notice that hitting the Light Locks target up there also brings it on for a few seconds. It has its own sound effect, too - not surprisingly like a surge of flames. I will wait to hear from Stern about troubleshooting the boards anyway.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Congrats on your new game! Awesome, sunny game room!

#3884 2 years ago

Congrats on your new game! Awesome, sunny game room!

Thank you, fortunately it faces North so direct sunlight on any machines is minimized. Decent game to start my morning, beginner's luck I guess.

0501210823_HDR (resized).jpg0501210823_HDR (resized).jpg
#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Didn't know they had these NIB still.

#3886 2 years ago

One thing I'll say, this is the only game I've ever owned where I can set a new high score and still be pissed off about how a ball drained.

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Didn't know they had these NIB still.

Mine was a floor model with only 50 plays but the distro had one NIB left when I called a couple weeks ago. It was hard to find and came through a tip here on Pinside.

#3888 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Mine was a floor model with only 50 plays but the distro had one NIB left when I called a couple weeks ago. It was hard to find and came through a tip here on Pinside.

Good find, now I am hoping for a much needed code update.

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Good find, now I am hoping for a much needed code update.

After reading the rules a few times I have one question for the champions in this club...Where’s the playfield multiplier?

#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

After reading the rules a few times I have one question for the champions in this club...Where’s the playfield multiplier?

the sword (when full)

#3891 2 years ago

#3892 2 years ago

In case you're in IN or nearby:

Machine - For Sale
Routed - fresh off route - “will not separate topper. . . lighted speakers. . plastic protectors. . slight shooter lane wear game can be played at North End Pub, Lafayette, Indiana”
2021-07-07
Lafayette, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 549 times

#3893 2 years ago

Resuming Black Castle mode on next ball?

If I drain in any given mode, I continue in the mode on my next ball - assuming I have one.
Not so with Black Castle.
Is there a setting that will allow me to return to it?
I have only reached the BC a handful of times and I always drain early.
I would like the chance to keep at it and reach Rage MB.

F0CF5E67-8AF2-4FC1-8B3D-9166509CBF25 (resized).jpegF0CF5E67-8AF2-4FC1-8B3D-9166509CBF25 (resized).jpeg
#3894 2 years ago

If I drain in any given mode, I continue in the mode on my next ball - assuming I have one.
I would like the chance to keep at it and reach Rage MB.[quoted image]

Welcome to BC Frustration. There is currently no setting to allow BC to continue after a drained ball. This is one of the most requested features (fixes?) I've seen in this thread for a newer BKSOR code drop that may never come.

I've owned my BKSOR for 18+ months now. I can reach BC every 5 or 6 games or so, but I've yet to complete it. Most hits I've had in BC is 18. I read somewhere that 22 hits completes it, but I don't know for sure.

#3895 2 years ago

18 hits for you, huh?
Nice work!
I usually get off a couple and then - bang! - the ball has drained like a bullet.

#3896 2 years ago

Yeah. Ridiculous that Stern doesn’t want Tim to fix this glaring issue. Why have a final/wizard mode that is basically useless?

#3897 2 years ago

TWIP update today mentioned an interview with Tim Sexton. It says he talks about BKSOR but doesn't give any details. I'm sure it would be all over here if he said anything about a code update... But, did anyone hear the interview??

#3898 2 years ago

I would like the chance to keep at it and reach Rage MB.[quoted image]

I have never made it far enough to face the BK. I have the game set to 3 balls per game. Is that what you have your setting on?

#3899 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have never made it far enough to face the BK. I have the game set to 3 balls per game. Is that what you have your setting on?

I have mine on all standard settings and made it to BK the first weekend I had the game home. This is one of those games where when your shots are on, you can progress fairly quickly.

Sadly my shots are usually slamming off a post SDTM before I can blink.

#3900 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

TWIP update today mentioned an interview with Tim Sexton. It says he talks about BKSOR but doesn't give any details. I'm sure it would be all over here if he said anything about a code update... But, did anyone hear the interview??

I tried to listen but...

...let's say the host sounds very... "special".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/78?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.