IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 112.
#3751 3 years ago

My shaker stopped working.. in test mode it just flickers for a split second ... any ideas ?

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Back when I got my pro the flail got jammed. The e-clip fell off and wedged it’s self to prevent it from spinning. If you can grab the flail and slide it out to the left, then this is your problem. It required removing the whole knight to fix

Thanks guys - I’ll give these things a try. It doesn’t spin up at all, but doesn’t appear to be hitting anything. It’s brand new out of the box so I don’t think any of the ramps are loose.

I’ll check it out here in a few when I get home and send some pics! Thanks all for the assist

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does it ever spin even on start up? Mine wouldnt spin right when i got it but it was just the flail hitting the ramp and i tightened down the 4 screws on the ramp and it was good to go but your sounds like something different. If you need any pics of anything let me know!

Never moves at all, even under diagnostic.

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Never moves at all, even under diagnostic.

when you spin the flail by hand does it have resistance like its spinning the motor or is it locked in one place or just freely spinning with no resistance?

#3755 3 years ago

Well it wasn’t this obvious until I moved it. But this connector wasn’t attached at all. Doesn’t look like it ever was. Good ole’ QC! All good now and working as expected. Sorry for the fire drill - thanks for the assist!

2794BD84-D44E-40EF-B00C-2C9957A54C74 (resized).jpeg2794BD84-D44E-40EF-B00C-2C9957A54C74 (resized).jpeg

#3756 3 years ago

Nice detective work! Glad your new machine is up and running!

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Well it wasn’t this obvious until I moved it. But this connector wasn’t attached at all. Doesn’t look like it ever was. Good ole’ QC! All good now and working as expected. Sorry for the fire drill - thanks for the assist!
[quoted image]

Glad it was an easy fix. QC sucks at stern in recent years.

#3758 3 years ago

Ok since y’all are so helpful - two other questions :p

How do I prevent this ball stuck situation under the upper playfield? How do you clear it being so inaccessible? I manually ejected a few balls and just played until another ball hit it loose, but it was definitely a pain!

Second, what’s the deal with these huge oversized washers? They look out of place compared to my other stern machines. Do y’all have the same washers, and can they be swapped for something smaller?

1A8AD0B3-E890-4629-A219-10D91465EDF4 (resized).jpeg1A8AD0B3-E890-4629-A219-10D91465EDF4 (resized).jpeg2D00474A-0137-40C0-8C62-5CC55481B2B9 (resized).jpeg2D00474A-0137-40C0-8C62-5CC55481B2B9 (resized).jpeg
#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Second, what’s the deal with these huge oversized washers? They look out of place compared to my other stern machines. Do y’all have the same washers, and can they be swapped for something smaller?

I swapped mine for clear washers. Most pinball parts places sell them.

I wouldn't go too small though as they are there to protect the sling plastics - so you want some excess visible past the sling plastic.

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

How do I prevent this ball stuck situation under the upper playfield?

you need to remove the UP...
than unscrew down right & push it max to the right/scew, and if not enough unscrew down left push a bit to the left/screw (keeping enough space for the A or you have to continue to move them all to the left)
and if still not enough change the small ruber with even smaller ones

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I swapped mine for clear washers. Most pinball parts places sell them.
I wouldn't go too small though as they are there to protect the sling plastics - so you want some excess visible past the sling plastic.

Thank you!

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you need to remove the UP...
than unscrew down right & push it max to the right/scew, and if not enough unscrew down left push a bit to the left/screw (keeping enough space for the A or you have to continue to move them all to the left)
and if still not enough change the small ruber with even smaller ones

Well that’s a pain . But makes sense!

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Current download link for the Rammstein soundtrack. Earlier post has also been updated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yq31_EQZtJLHyonqI95rXXgbVwlQlAmR/view?usp=sharing

I started in pins as an EM guy, and make one work with my eyes closed. Having updated our lineup more recently at the request of my kids, (I do Love them too) I am dreading having to do even an update. Can you walk me though how I would go about installing this sound track? In dummy terms please lol Or is there a youtube I can watch repetitively to help me?

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

My shaker stopped working.. in test mode it just flickers for a split second ... any ideas ?

Anyone have their shaker go in and out intermittently..

Checked connections looks good... any advice ?

#3765 3 years ago

Hey folks may have a line on a premium soon. What extras other than optional topper and shaker does this one need?
I’ll dig into thread but any help is appreciated!

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

What extras other than optional topper and shaker does this one need?

+External sub (a must), side art, stern shooter rod

In other news, I just solved some slow up-ramp (both flail and shooter) shots with my brilliant idea of cleaning them. Imagine that! A good rubdown with novus 2 then 1 and the now flies up both ramps just like new. moral of the story kids, keep your ramps clean

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

[quoted image][quoted image]

This is what I put on mine https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0121-00

While your at it, get you one of these too! A few people’s got busted up, so Terry got these done. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0189-00

#3768 3 years ago

Just started thread for BKSOR topper NIB 2k firm. Either that or I have to find a machine close by!

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

This is what I put on mine https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0121-00
While your at it, get you one of these too! A few people’s got busted up, so Terry got these done. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0189-00

Ordering. Thank you!!

#3770 3 years ago

Have many of you replaced your shooter rod spring on the Prem / LE? The auto plunge seems to have about 40% more power than a full manual plunge with the rod. Seems bizarre and very underpowered.

Maybe it’s because of the abrupt downturn into the UP, and stern was worried about too much power going into it? But we should at least be able to plunge with the same power as the button press no?

#3771 3 years ago

So...toppers are now $2,000? That’s wild. What did these things sell for originally? Is Stern going to do another run of them at some time? Any knock offs or copy cats available?

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So...toppers are now $2,000? That’s wild. What did these things sell for originally? Is Stern going to do another run of them at some time? Any knock offs or copy cats available?

IIRC, I think they retailed for $500. Distributors early on were selling for $450 before prices started getting jacked upwards. I'm really regretting not picking one up when they came out....as much as I want one now, no way in hell will I pay these freaking prices. I was on the fence when they were $500 but would gladly pay that now.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So...toppers are now $2,000? That’s wild. What did these things sell for originally? ...

I was charged $499 for the BKTopper at the game's release in March 2019. The physical topper at that time was undetermined; a future item.

In February 2020, we saw the BKTopper introduced on Stern's website; the price displayed was $399. It was quickly removed. It was re-listed shortly after at $449. My distributor provided a credit for difference and there was peace in the World. Since then, it has been crazy, crazy, Crazy, Crazy, CRAZY, CRAZY CRAAAZZZZEEEEE!

#3774 3 years ago

I bought one of the last LE's in europe, topper was included to boost some sales......crazy to see that this game was not moving, this was last summer.

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from Troostr:

I started in pins as an EM guy, and make one work with my eyes closed. Having updated our lineup more recently at the request of my kids, (I do Love them too) I am dreading having to do even an update. Can you walk me though how I would go about installing this sound track? In dummy terms please lol Or is there a youtube I can watch repetitively to help me?

PM sent.

If anyone would like the alt soundtrack on an SD card mailed to them, I can do it for $50 shipped.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

PM sent.
If anyone would like the alt soundtrack on an SD card mailed to them, I can do it for $50 shipped.

hope that is just making fun........with new EULA and all in place.....

#3777 3 years ago

The link to the soundtrack I made available for free. So any concerns I had about a EULA, that's out the window.

Only offering to make a copy for anyone not tech saavy or not have enough bandwidth to download.

#3778 3 years ago

Decoding GI Capacity for SPIKE 2 by Node Board Inventory:

Below is a screenshot of the Service Manual showing the node boards present in BKSOR.
George Gomez, in his SPIKE 2 System tutorial on YouTube, says that the "core node boards" power, among other things, three strings of sixteen GI sockets. That's 48 sockets.
How many such boards does BKSOR have? The chart below suggests it has two - one each at nodes 8 and 9.
BKSOR has about thirty GI bulbs. Does that mean the two core node boards together still have capacity for another sixty-or-so sockets? I only ask because I would like to use that additional capacity to power some spot lights but I don't want to fry the node boards.

Screenshot (43) (resized).pngScreenshot (43) (resized).png

#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'm really regretting not picking one up when they came out....as much as I want one now, no way in hell will I pay these freaking prices. I was on the fence when they were $500 but would gladly pay that now.

Man, I’m totally with you. I’d buy one if they re-ran it. Is a re-run out of the question? I mean, sure seems like something they could do easily enough...have they said they are not re-running the topper?

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I’m totally with you. I’d buy one if they re-ran it. Is a re-run out of the question? I mean, sure seems like something they could do easily enough...have they said they are not re-running the topper?

The only topper they have re-run was GOT back when they came out with the vault edition. I would say if they come out with a vault edition of bksor it’s possible, but still unlikely. That said, the only game that’s been vaulted that actually had a topper was GOT so again if it gets vaulted.

#3781 3 years ago

Brand new BKSOR - can someone look and tell me if their upper flipper is properly aligned against the white base piece? Mine isn’t, but from what I can tell it should be. Also, there’s a standing threaded post behind the flipper with a female open threaded hole on top. Should that have something in it? Seems odd to just be there open.

Thank you!

2DF12839-5063-4F0A-B057-30AD17B17513 (resized).jpeg2DF12839-5063-4F0A-B057-30AD17B17513 (resized).jpeg
#3782 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Brand new BKSOR - can someone look and tell me if their upper flipper is properly aligned against the white base piece? Mine isn’t, but from what I can tell it should be. Also, there’s a standing threaded post behind the flipper with a female open threaded hole on top. Should that have something in it? Seems odd to just be there open.
Thank you!
[quoted image]

Flipper needs to center in the white base piece. The post is suppose to look liked that.

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Flipper needs to center in the white base piece. The post is suppose to look liked that.

Thank you. trying to figure it out. Doesn't seem to be an adjustment thing as when I mess with it it returns to that position about half of the time. It's weaker than on location games I've played, and seems to have some resistance in the movement. I feel like it's the white piece below which just kinda flops around. Might see about removing it for a bit to test gameplay.

#3784 3 years ago

Well never mind. Looks like my flipper assembly wasn’t properly assembled from the factory. Back to work on my brand new machine :-/

#3785 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The post in question is one of two hex spacers that is used to mount/fix the upper PF. The other is on the far left, behind the Cat' lock mech. The "white piece" below the flipper is actually a bushing. It's shaped like that because the upper PF is designed to lift up/off the flipper without actually releasing the flipper shaft from the crank, down under the main playfield. It's kind of a slick design, but the bushing is too small relative to the bore in the upper PF, creating slop in the flipper shaft.

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Well never mind. Looks like my flipper assembly wasn’t properly assembled from the factory. Back to work on my brand new machine :-/

Just remove your balls and raise your playfield, then find the plunger assembly for the upper flipper and use a 4mm hex-wrench socket loosen the cap screw that binds the shaft in the crank. Loosen it only so much that the flipper shaft will turn stiffly in the crank. This will help when setting the position. With the PF raised, reach around and feel the flipper to know if it can move. Lower the PF, set the flipper position, re-raise the PF and torque the cap screw. And yeah, you want that flipper to match the bushing beneath it to ensure smooth loops.

It's rare that a new pinball doesn't need lots of dialing/tweaking when it's first set up. A flipper out of position is small potatoes, believe me. I would also check the position of the shooter tip in relation to the ball. It needs to be directly and squarely behind the equator of the ball, and not more than a few millimeters away, for a true/smooth plunge up that ramp.

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

<snip>I feel like it's the white piece below which just kinda flops around. Might see about removing it for a bit to test gameplay.

I don't advise removing the bushing. It must be there to support the flipper shaft, just like your lower flippers have flipper bushings that support their shafts, etc. If you take it out and try to flip, the poor shaft will wander all around and stress various parts in ways you don't want to allow.

#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

It must be there to support the flipper shaft

and it also keeps the ball from getting stuck in that pf cutout

#3789 3 years ago

Need help guys. Today whenever I hit the catapult it recognizes it and says catapult ball X locked and then kicks it out. I didn’t change anything and can’t find anywhere on the settings for a virtual ball lock yes or no.

I thought I saw it in earlier code and I have looked 3 times in settings. I am running the Ramnstein alternate soundtrack and had no issues prior to today. Still launches all three balls when third ball hits catapult but prefer all three coming out from the catapult.

Appreciate any help.

#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Need help guys. Today whenever I hit the catapult it recognizes it and says catapult ball X locked and then kicks it out. I didn’t change anything and can’t find anywhere on the settings for a virtual ball lock yes or no.
I thought I saw it in earlier code and I have looked 3 times in settings. I am running the Ramnstein alternate soundtrack and had no issues prior to today. Still launches all three balls when third ball hits catapult but prefer all three coming out from the catapult.
Appreciate any help.

Take the plastic cover off and look at all the optos. Those tiny opto screws are some of the worst and loosening and flying out which will cause an opto to dangle. While you’re interested there even if they are ok, put some blue loc tite on them.

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Take the plastic cover off and look at all the optos. Those tiny opto screws are some of the worst and loosening and flying out which will cause an opto to dangle. While you’re interested there even if they are ok, put some blue loc tite on them.

Will look thank you! I had to reconnect the front opto a few months ago. It wouldn’t recognize a ball.

#3792 3 years ago

I don't advise removing the bushing. It must be there to support the flipper shaft, just like your lower flippers have flipper bushings that support their shafts, etc. If you take it out and try to flip, the poor shaft will wander all around and stress various parts in ways you don't want to allow.

I found the thread that discusses what that flipper stack should consist of. Mine had an extra small washer between the clear plastic shaft and the white plastic ‘ironing board’ base piece. I removed that extra washer and adjusted the flipper and it is working much better now. I also had to adjust the shooter rod as it had barely enough power to get the ball to the UP. After those tweaks I feel like the game is playing the way it should. It’s definitely more fun now.

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I found the thread that discusses what that flipper stack should consist of. Mine had an extra small washer between the clear plastic shaft and the white plastic ‘ironing board’ base piece. I removed that extra washer and adjusted the flipper and it is working much better now. I also had to adjust the shooter rod as it had barely enough power to get the ball to the UP. After those tweaks I feel like the game is playing the way it should. It’s definitely more fun now.

Nice work! I'm glad you're making progress dialing your new game.
(Screenshot attached as a visual aid for your post.)

Screenshot (44) (resized).pngScreenshot (44) (resized).png
#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Found the issue! The connector to the rear opto was loose. Thank you so much for your help!

#3795 3 years ago

Nice work! I'm glad you're making progress dialing your new game.
(Screenshot attached as a visual aid for your post.)
[quoted image]

thanks for sharing that - interestingly enough, that image is missing a metal washer and mine had TWO metal washers in the assembly, one of which needed to be removed. Fun stuff

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Found the issue! The connector to the rear opto was loose. Thank you so much for your help!

Glad that helped!

#3797 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just recieved my NIB topper this morning, super excited! installed it, everything seems to work, other than it does not go up and down. I had a look at all the connectors, on the outside, everything looks good. Going into Diagnostics, BK topper motor test, I can make the head move left to right, with the volume buttons, but cannot move it up and down, not sure if I'm doing it right, hitting the right button does nothing, the left button exits out of the test. I just discovered after pulling off the back plastic, that there appears that there is a clear connector with yellow wires not installed on the board, see picture, however, it looks like there are 2 places that it can plug into. Sent Stern an email, but in the mean time, can anyone help me? Maybe a picture of your board with the connectors? Thanks!!!
EDIT : So the clear connector is actually a termination connector, and does not plug into anything.
634392DF-16F1-471E-B947-E694A3625F27 (resized).jpeg634392DF-16F1-471E-B947-E694A3625F27 (resized).jpeg

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hey guys, I just recieved my NIB topper this morning, super excited! installed it, everything seems to work, other than it does not go up and down. I had a look at all the connectors, on the outside, everything looks good. Going into Diagnostics, BK topper motor test, I can make the head move left to right, with the volume buttons, but cannot move it up and down, not sure if I'm doing it right, hitting the right button does nothing, the left button exits out of the test. I just discovered after pulling off the back plastic, that there appears that there is a clear connector with yellow wires not installed on the board, see picture, however, it looks like there are 2 places that it can plug into. Sent Stern an email, but in the mean time, can anyone help me? Maybe a picture of your board with the connectors? Thanks!!!
EDIT : So the clear connector is actually a termination connector, and does not plug into anything.
[quoted image]

Same exact thing happened with my NIB Black Knight topper, I only have left and right movement right out of the box. My distributor gave me a replacement servo motor but I haven’t gotten a chance to install it yet to see if it fixes the problem. Please post the solution if you find one for yours. I’ll update my situation as soon as I get a chance to install the new servo.

#3799 3 years ago

Modding finished.

Filled up the empty space on the left with some guys of the black knights skeleton army.
20210327_181952 (resized).jpg20210327_181952 (resized).jpg20210327_182020 (resized).jpg20210327_182020 (resized).jpg

#3800 3 years ago

Black Knight Toy: Helmet Removal? Easy?

Just wondering if any of you have ever removed the helmet of the Black Knight to expose the eyes beneath or to change the ostrich plume. Is the helmet truly fixed on there on does it pull free with a bit of tugging?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
There are 5,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/76?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.