419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 111.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Damn - My understand had been it was there in Spike 2 - Thanks for clarifying that
I wonder if a USB dongle could be released to allow Spike 2 systems to network - but that's another hoop to jump through

Last thing I want is network. Read up on Deeproot.

#3452 3 years ago

Any of the official stern shooters left or does anyone have one ?

#3453 3 years ago

That’s enough, that’s how i reserved small rings problems...

14BC5C6E-DFE9-4A0E-BCE1-35EB7946BE97 (resized).jpeg14BC5C6E-DFE9-4A0E-BCE1-35EB7946BE97 (resized).jpeg
#3454 3 years ago

about to join the club next week with a premium. Anyone know where I can find the stern shooter rod? Shops I usually check are sold out.

Side note- What is the best pitch to set the game at?

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

about to join the club next week with a premium. Anyone know where I can find the stern shooter rod? Shops I usually check are sold out.
Side note- What is the best pitch to set the game at?

I’m looking for it too think it’s done ?

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ugh. Luckily I am acquiring a topper as well. My first topper, couldnt resist.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I couldn't find one anywhere, so I went with the tilt graphics one and shooter plate (and lockdown plate, and coin bezels, . . . ) I think I have a problem

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

That’s enough, that’s how i reserved small rings problems...
[quoted image]

How may games has that had?

#3459 3 years ago

Did you just see the Maiden update that just dropped?? On such a polished game already?? The BKSOR programmer should be ashamed at the BS we just got handed. Why even bother? Oh yeah, the jukebox thing that was probably mandated... Right.... Hope to be proven wrong in the future. And, yes, I still love my game.

#3460 3 years ago

Would be nice to have an option in setting if you want to continue BC after you drain.

Sucks getting there then losing a ball and its over.

Honestly it just seems like common sense to have that from the beginning. Especially when all the modes are timed and you can continue from where you left off when you start it again.

Does this dude even play pinball or just write code?

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Would be nice to have an option in setting if you want to continue BC after you drain.
Sucks getting there then losing a ball and its over.
Honestly it just seems like common sense to have that from the beginning. Especially when all the modes are timed and you can continue from where you left off when you start it again.

Agreed - no other monster modes play that way. I'm all for making the final battle more difficult and I think the shot sequence achieves this - especially with the flail and shield able to send the ball down the middle before you can blink. I can also understand under comp settings you may want to have the wizard mode only accessible if you can do the final battle on one ball - but it's never made sense for the home environment.

It's such a deflating feeling knowing you're back to square one again - not what you want players to feel mid game. Most players struggle to reach Black Castle once in a game - let alone reaching it a second or third time. I managed to reach Black Castle on ball 1 a few days ago only to lose quickly and be back at the start. All that effort down the drain. Pretty sure Tim would have heard me swearing all the way from Australia.

Quoted from Cobra:

Does this dude even play pinball or just write code?

Tim's a comp player and unfortunately I think that bleeds through a little too much with the way some things have been implemented in Black Knight. The difficulty for Black Castle, Retro mode 2 locked away for most to never see and the way supers are implemented (limited usefulness to anyone who isn't a pro and nullified if your ball is lost before activating retro mode 1). I hope LZ owners get a more balanced experience.

Quoted from pinghetto:

Did you just see the Maiden update that just dropped?? On such a polished game already?? The BKSOR programmer should be ashamed at the BS we just got handed. Why even bother? Oh yeah, the jukebox thing that was probably mandated... Right.... Hope to be proven wrong in the future. And, yes, I still love my game.

I was curious and had a look through the update notes for all the games today. That Maiden update looked pretty good - I wasn't expecting that. I also saw that Dwight added a new challenge mode to Turtles! I love the challenge mode in my JP Pro. It's a nice break from the main game and offers up some variety depending on my mood. Even further, you can speed run it or go for points - which gives additional variety on how to play it. Having a challenge mode against the Black Knight seems like it would be a great fit. Even something like a boss rush mode - which would work for points or speed run. But if we can't get a slide added to the instant info..

#3462 3 years ago

Topper on

20201223_180534 (resized).jpg20201223_180534 (resized).jpg
#3463 3 years ago

What worse is when you get there it takes like 20 shots to beat it. Ya good luck with that.

This game could have been a long term keeper for me. I got it like 3 months ago and ready to ditch it.

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Topper on [quoted image]

Congrats! Best topper imo. I bought the topper before I bought the game. Would love to get an LE backglass to put in my premium

#3465 3 years ago

BK SOR is a good game! It has this 80's style of play I am missing in my other modern games. But when I see how polished the code in games like Elvira or Iron Maiden developed over time, I am always thinking how much better this game could be. Perhaps after LZ they will give Tim Sexton time to go back to this game.

#3466 3 years ago

I can't recall is did we even start a list of proposed code enhancements? Assuming Stern reads some of what goes on here.

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I can't recall is did we even start a list of proposed code enhancements? Assuming Stern reads some of what goes on here.

There are lists in here somewhere. Tops is to “restore the roar” they gotta fix BC tho. I’ve gotten terr 4 or 5 times and usually only hammer 2-3 shots before it’s over. Just sucks the life outta ya when it happens. It’s the opposite of “just one more game” imo.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Yes there are some lists. Also a whole Tilt Forums thread on it where he used to reply.

About 2-3 pages ago, some white knight came on here chastising people for trying to communicate wanted/needed code changes to him, like folks were going to picket outside of his house or something LOL. But yeah, we’ve been trying for a while and have some decent lists throughout thus thread not too long ago.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

There are lists in here somewhere.

My two complaints about the pre/LE are its to easy to qualify catapult over and over. Also, all you have to do to advance the game is stay on the upper playfield, it'd be better if some of the mandatory shots were down below. Kind of takes away the challenge, I like the game otherwise.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Here is a copy/paste of my wishlist:

I've said it before, but KNIGHT letters should be more like TWD's multikills. Instead of one per mode or the crazy dangerous hurry-ups only, have them earn-able for additional goals. Super skill shot. Certain number of u-turns. Super jackpot. So many drop bank completions. Etc, etc. That's a way better solution to making RANSOM more obtainable without just spotting more letters.

I agree Black Castle should be able to continue on ball drain. Every other mode works that way, so why make the hardest, most dangerous, difficult to get to mode a one-shot deal? Even with the continue, it is still a super hard mode to complete. I have gotten there many times, but only finished it to see RAGE twice.

The game, especially the pro just needs more obtainable_ content. The sad part is that the cool content is there, it's just locked behind insanely difficult requirements that the average player will never, or very rarely, see. That's ok for a very deep game, like TWD, TSPP, etc...but for a game with the simplicity of BK, you can't lock half the game behind those walls.

If you want to keep RANSOM and RAGE that difficult to get to, then give us more lower level content. Catapult multi on the pro would be a nice start, and very easy to implement by lighting lock with the drop bank, then lock in the left scoop. Done. That adds much needed content utilizing assets that already exist, and gives us a reason to shoot at the right side of the playfield. Win-win. Everyone's happy with a minimal amount of work. I'd love to see more than one monster per realm, but I'm sure that's a pipe dream and would be a much bigger undertaking.

The supers system has potential to be awesome, but it needs...something. At least a better way of cashing out other than wasting a magna-save. Not sure what to do here. I don't hate it as-is, but it seems like something could be better. That's the least of my wants though.

Seriously, this game is so close to amazing that it's infuriating to see it stagnate as-is. With a small amount of effort it could be so much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but rapidly loosing hope at this point. I enjoy the game as-is...but it could be so much more with a few minor tweaks.

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I put together a list of bugs and feature improvements awhile back. I've cleaned it up a bit as Tim did address some things in the 1.01 update at the start of the year. This list is based on my experience with my PRO, with just under 1700 games. The lists are not in any particular order and the improvements are only based on my own opinion - so I don't speak for everyone with the things I list. Some of the improvements are not likely to ever happen, but will list them anyway

--= BUGS =--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Magma Beast fight]

This is assuming you're not using the sword of rage. By default this mode requires 8 shots to complete. When you clear all 7 lit shots, it should then relight all 7. It only relights 6, with the last shot you hit not relighting. This crept in with the 1.02 update.

[Mode intro music]

Easiest way to replicate this is to have a monster mode active and then shoot the left saucer to start Knight mode. The Knight retro music will start playing while the monster mode complete screens play out. The lit shots on retro mode 1 will also start playing here too. The retro music will then reset once the Knight mode intro starts. Another way to see this is to light mystery and start Black Castle. The Black castle music will play over the top of mystery and then reset once the Black Castle intro starts. This could be more of a polish item, but as a coder, I view it as a bug.

[Lich Lords Sword of Rage]

The Lich Lords is the one mode you don't want to activate the sword of rage in as it will result in less points. All other monster battles (beside Black Castle) are made easier AND more valuable scoring wise by activating the sword. Here though, the mode is made easier with all shots lit and only 4 shots to complete - but this results in less points being available (even though each shot is worth more with the sword active). You're better off not using the sword, clearing the 3 shots and then doing it again. The way I think this mode should play out (to keep it in line with the other monster battles with the sword active) is to light all shots (currently happens) but instead of only requiring 4 shots to complete, each shot needs to be hit twice. First to tag and the second to clear. Do this for 4 shots to complete the mode. This keeps the battle in the same format and would then reward the player with the proper points for using the sword in this mode instead of penalizing them.

[Average Scores audit]

This value has always shown 00, so is never updated. This audit may have no use in BK, but though I'd list it anyway.

--= IMPROVEMENTS =--

[Monster intros]

The ROARS that were in the monster intros at 1.00 were fantastic. The Lich Lords and Hydra were awesome! My neighbors could be forgiven for thinking all hell was being unleashed next door. These were sadly nerfed with the 1.01 update and now sound far too soft. They need to be restored to their proper glory. This is Black Knight - Sword of Rage, not The Black Knight - Petting Zoo.

[Retro Mode 1]

This mode has an awesome soundtrack and I love the retro sfx. But I find it really uninspiring to shoot. It's a mini wizard mode that's not easy to reach so should be rewarding. The lit shots are not worth much (even after the 1.02 update) and there's no interesting logic or advancement to the mode. Simply clear the shots and start over again. No additional rules or even an extra ball available. The mode relies far too heavily on having multiple supers active and leveled up - but that requires so much set up that most players will never be able to take full advantage of the mode. Add to the fact that if you lose your ball right before starting the mode, the best you could hope for is all supers at level 2, which still requires a lot of set up and presents risk that isn't worth the payoff at that point.

[Black Castle]

All other monster battles let you continue when lose your ball. Even if they time out, you can start them again by hitting the flail/knight/shield X number of times. After all the effort in reaching this battle, it's so deflating being sent back to the start should you fail. There's no ball save at the start. No ball save available with in the mode. You can't stack multi ball with it. You're forced to hit the 3 most dangerous shots in the game 12 times. The flail and shield are well known for sending the ball straight down the middle with no opportunity for the player to react. By all means have an option to send the player back to the start under comp settings. But in the home environment, the current set up should never have been the default. It otherwise has an awesome music track and is an enjoyable shot layout to battle against the Black Knight. But the way in which the player is punished (often due to bad luck from the shield or flail) is not fun.

[Instant Info]

Right now instant info does not show information of the progress of U-Turns towards the next award. It would be good to also see here what the current value of each super is worth. For example: Super pops - level 2 - 50K, Super slings - level 1 - 15K, etc.

[U-Turn progress animation]

The number of u-turns required until the next award can often be hidden behind the skeleton animation that plays over the top of it. This often makes it hard to determine how many more you need until the next extra ball is ready - especially when the number is below 10. The animation needs to be moved or the text moved to make this easier to read. Even some call outs here would help.

[Multiball Progress UI]

I'd love to see the Triple Knights Challenge multiball progress shown on the main UI. Yes it's viewable in the Instant Info screens, but I see value in having this added as small orbs/gems that light based on what you have locked. As a player I can instantly see where I'm at with the progress and factor that into my play.

[Challenge mode]

I love the challenge mode in my JP. When I'm tired of the normal game, I love playing Escape Nublar. On top of that, I can either play it for points OR speed run it since it has high score tables for both. It just adds a nice layer of variety onto an already polished game. Some sort of boss rush mode or challenge mode against the Black Knight and his army would be a great alternative to the normal game that gives players more options when switching the game on.

[U-Turns]

Right now there are only 2 awards from U-Turns - extra balls at set levels. Most players will never reach the second extra ball level. This could have other awards available as you progress the counter like KNIGHT letters, points, 2X playfield scoring, ball save, etc. It doesn't need to be locked at just 2 awards.

[Supers]

This is one my real annoyances with the game scoring and has been for some time. In their current form, I find them mostly useless. When you activate a super, it's random. There's no way of knowing which super you'll get. I can't use skill to activate supers I want. I have to rely on the RNG gods and pray it's pops or spinner. I find it limiting too that the supers get cleared out on losing a ball or collection. I find that collecting the super jackpot is only ever worthwhile after Retro mode 1 - that's only IF I managed to get some supers active before starting it. Otherwise, the few million points that builds up just isn't worth spending my magna save. Speaking of which...

The other things is collecting supers via the magna save - ok, it was an idea and it's been tested - but it's just not good. As a player, I should not have to sacrifice my magna save AND have it hit the right return lane switch to collect the super jackpot. Right now, I will always shoot the ball either to the ramp or left saucer and press the action button while the ball returns down the rail. The game plays the magna save animation and triggers the magnet, but the ball is safely on the rail.

I don't know what the right way to improve supers are. In a game with limited content, I'd love to bring them into my play more. But I don't find there's enough payoff in general play and no real reason to use them.

[Knight letters]

Right now it's far too difficult to spell Knight twice to reach the second retro mode. Only 1 letter is available from each monster. It's a very, very rare mystery award. You can get one by advancing far enough into multi ball. All others are from WAR hurry up, which is often dangerous since it's always the same 3 central targets that can each result in a straight down the middle response. There are a number of other ways they can be awarded. U-Turns, skill shots, drop targets, pop bumpers, etc.

[Retro mode selection]

Two issues I have with the second Knight mode (RANSOM) - 1) It's near impossible to reach (only been there 3 times in 1700 games) and 2) It's a short 60 second mode - which means it's over all so quickly after the very long journey to get there. Allow the player to select which Knight mode they want to play once they spell KNIGHT. It allows the player to have some variety in which retro mode they play and also allows players to make a decision based on strategy - Do I have lots of supers going? Then retro mode 1 seems like a good move. Limited or no supers? Retro mode 2 makes more sense.

[Additional multiball on PRO]

Right now on the PRO, most players will only ever see Triple Knights Challenge and Retro Mode 1. Retro Mode 2 - RANSOM - as fun as it is, is locked behind such a difficult wall most will never see it. Same for RAGE - which is locked behind having to defeat the Black Knight on 1 ball. This leaves PRO owners with only 2 accessible multiball modes. The game is crying out for either a smaller 2 ball multiball and/or the inclusion of Catapult multiball. The game already has all the assets for catapult, so a chunk of the work is done. It's been mentioned before that it could be done by lighting locks via the drop target bank.

[More lower level content]

If Retro mode 2 and RAGE absolutely have to be locked away behind difficult requirements, then more obtainable lower level things need to be there for the average player to enjoy. Combo shots or Mini battle challenges for example.

[Secondary monsters in each realm]

I have sometimes wondered if originally there were plans for multiple monsters in each of the realms - perhaps for second play through once you get beyond the Black Castle. Or even to add variety each time you play. This would certainly be a nice addition to help add that extra layer of variety to the realms. This requires a lot of work though with assets, etc - so won't happen.

[Alternative sound track]

Great to see this added in 1.01, but would like to have this as a selectable option at the start of a game. Having to go into the service menu to switch between them is not helpful. This could be implemented by holding both flipper buttons in before starting a game and selecting to start a game with the desired sound track.

I think I might have missed a couple of small things - but that's most of the items I've spoken about for the last 12 months. It's a good game - it has a solid core with great potential. It's just being held back sadly.

Added over 3 years ago:

[Triple Knight Challenge Intro]

We get some shaker motor action on the ball 1 and ball 2 locks, but none on the intro to Triple Knights Challenge. A nice bit of polish to this intro would be the inclusion of the shaker motor during the lightning strikes.

#3472 3 years ago

Well I guess now we just need a hope and prayer a Stern insider does a little reading.

#3473 3 years ago

Lets send Tim a christmas gift card with these on it, and a box of chocolates

#3474 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the new code and found any issues. I'm running older code and having no issues.
I want the juke box feature, but if it means having issues, I can live without it.

Happy Holidays.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Has anyone installed the new code and found any issues. I'm running older code and having no issues.
I want the juke box feature, but if it means having issues, I can live without it.
Happy Holidays.

No issues for my Pro, not much changed as I am sure you know.

#3476 3 years ago

We talked about the magna save super collect a few times. I agree it’s pretty annoying, I typically forget. what if a successful collect resulted in not loosing your magna save? It adds that much more “reward” for a successful collect.

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I put together a list of bugs and feature improvements awhile back. I've cleaned it up a bit as Tim did address some things in the 1.01 update at the start of the year. This list is based on my experience with my PRO, with just under 1700 games. The lists are not in any particular order and the improvements are only based on my own opinion - so I don't speak for everyone with the things I list. Some of the improvements are not likely to ever happen, but will list them anyway
--= BUGS =--
[Magma Beast fight]
This is assuming you're not using the sword of rage. By default this mode requires 8 shots to complete. When you clear all 7 lit shots, it should then relight all 7. It only relights 6, with the last shot you hit not relighting. This crept in with the 1.02 update.
[Mode intro music]
Easiest way to replicate this is to have a monster mode active and then shoot the left saucer to start Knight mode. The Knight retro music will start playing while the monster mode complete screens play out. The lit shots on retro mode 1 will also start playing here too. The retro music will then reset once the Knight mode intro starts. Another way to see this is to light mystery and start Black Castle. The Black castle music will play over the top of mystery and then reset once the Black Castle intro starts. This could be more of a polish item, but as a coder, I view it as a bug.
[Lich Lords Sword of Rage]
The Lich Lords is the one mode you don't want to activate the sword of rage in as it will result in less points. All other monster battles (beside Black Castle) are made easier AND more valuable scoring wise by activating the sword. Here though, the mode is made easier with all shots lit and only 4 shots to complete - but this results in less points being available (even though each shot is worth more with the sword active). You're better off not using the sword, clearing the 3 shots and then doing it again. The way I think this mode should play out (to keep it in line with the other monster battles with the sword active) is to light all shots (currently happens) but instead of only requiring 4 shots to complete, each shot needs to be hit twice. First to tag and the second to clear. Do this for 4 shots to complete the mode. This keeps the battle in the same format and would then reward the player with the proper points for using the sword in this mode instead of penalizing them.
[Average Scores audit]
This value has always shown 00, so is never updated. This audit may have no use in BK, but though I'd list it anyway.
--= IMPROVEMENTS =--
[Monster intros]
The ROARS that were in the monster intros at 1.00 were fantastic. The Lich Lords and Hydra were awesome! My neighbors could be forgiven for thinking all hell was being unleashed next door. These were sadly nerfed with the 1.01 update and now sound far too soft. They need to be restored to their proper glory. This is Black Knight - Sword of Rage, not The Black Knight - Petting Zoo.
[Retro Mode 1]
This mode has an awesome soundtrack and I love the retro sfx. But I find it really uninspiring to shoot. It's a mini wizard mode that's not easy to reach so should be rewarding. The lit shots are not worth much (even after the 1.02 update) and there's no interesting logic or advancement to the mode. Simply clear the shots and start over again. No additional rules or even an extra ball available. The mode relies far too heavily on having multiple supers active and leveled up - but that requires so much set up that most players will never be able to take full advantage of the mode. Add to the fact that if you lose your ball right before starting the mode, the best you could hope for is all supers at level 2, which still requires a lot of set up and presents risk that isn't worth the payoff at that point.
[Black Castle]
All other monster battles let you continue when lose your ball. Even if they time out, you can start them again by hitting the flail/knight/shield X number of times. After all the effort in reaching this battle, it's so deflating being sent back to the start should you fail. There's no ball save at the start. No ball save available with in the mode. You can't stack multi ball with it. You're forced to hit the 3 most dangerous shots in the game 12 times. The flail and shield are well known for sending the ball straight down the middle with no opportunity for the player to react. By all means have an option to send the player back to the start under comp settings. But in the home environment, the current set up should never have been the default. It otherwise has an awesome music track and is an enjoyable shot layout to battle against the Black Knight. But the way in which the player is punished (often due to bad luck from the shield or flail) is not fun.
[Instant Info]
Right now instant info does not show information of the progress of U-Turns towards the next award. It would be good to also see here what the current value of each super is worth. For example: Super pops - level 2 - 50K, Super slings - level 1 - 15K, etc.
[U-Turn progress animation]
The number of u-turns required until the next award can often be hidden behind the skeleton animation that plays over the top of it. This often makes it hard to determine how many more you need until the next extra ball is ready - especially when the number is below 10. The animation needs to be moved or the text moved to make this easier to read. Even some call outs here would help.
[Multiball Progress UI]
I'd love to see the Triple Knights Challenge multiball progress shown on the main UI. Yes it's viewable in the Instant Info screens, but I see value in having this added as small orbs/gems that light based on what you have locked. As a player I can instantly see where I'm at with the progress and factor that into my play.
[Challenge mode]
I love the challenge mode in my JP. When I'm tired of the normal game, I love playing Escape Nublar. On top of that, I can either play it for points OR speed run it since it has high score tables for both. It just adds a nice layer of variety onto an already polished game. Some sort of boss rush mode or challenge mode against the Black Knight and his army would be a great alternative to the normal game that gives players more options when switching the game on.
[U-Turns]
Right now there are only 2 awards from U-Turns - extra balls at set levels. Most players will never reach the second extra ball level. This could have other awards available as you progress the counter like KNIGHT letters, points, 2X playfield scoring, ball save, etc. It doesn't need to be locked at just 2 awards.
[Supers]
This is one my real annoyances with the game scoring and has been for some time. In their current form, I find them mostly useless. When you activate a super, it's random. There's no way of knowing which super you'll get. I can't use skill to activate supers I want. I have to rely on the RNG gods and pray it's pops or spinner. I find it limiting too that the supers get cleared out on losing a ball or collection. I find that collecting the super jackpot is only ever worthwhile after Retro mode 1 - that's only IF I managed to get some supers active before starting it. Otherwise, the few million points that builds up just isn't worth spending my magna save. Speaking of which...
The other things is collecting supers via the magna save - ok, it was an idea and it's been tested - but it's just not good. As a player, I should not have to sacrifice my magna save AND have it hit the right return lane switch to collect the super jackpot. Right now, I will always shoot the ball either to the ramp or left saucer and press the action button while the ball returns down the rail. The game plays the magna save animation and triggers the magnet, but the ball is safely on the rail.
I don't know what the right way to improve supers are. In a game with limited content, I'd love to bring them into my play more. But I don't find there's enough payoff in general play and no real reason to use them.
[Knight letters]
Right now it's far too difficult to spell Knight twice to reach the second retro mode. Only 1 letter is available from each monster. It's a very, very rare mystery award. You can get one by advancing far enough into multi ball. All others are from WAR hurry up, which is often dangerous since it's always the same 3 central targets that can each result in a straight down the middle response. There are a number of other ways they can be awarded. U-Turns, skill shots, drop targets, pop bumpers, etc.
[Retro mode selection]
Two issues I have with the second Knight mode (RANSOM) - 1) It's near impossible to reach (only been there 3 times in 1700 games) and 2) It's a short 60 second mode - which means it's over all so quickly after the very long journey to get there. Allow the player to select which Knight mode they want to play once they spell KNIGHT. It allows the player to have some variety in which retro mode they play and also allows players to make a decision based on strategy - Do I have lots of supers going? Then retro mode 1 seems like a good move. Limited or no supers? Retro mode 2 makes more sense.
[Additional multiball on PRO]
Right now on the PRO, most players will only ever see Triple Knights Challenge and Retro Mode 1. Retro Mode 2 - RANSOM - as fun as it is, is locked behind such a difficult wall most will never see it. Same for RAGE - which is locked behind having to defeat the Black Knight on 1 ball. This leaves PRO owners with only 2 accessible multiball modes. The game is crying out for either a smaller 2 ball multiball and/or the inclusion of Catapult multiball. The game already has all the assets for catapult, so a chunk of the work is done. It's been mentioned before that it could be done by lighting locks via the drop target bank.
[More lower level content]
If Retro mode 2 and RAGE absolutely have to be locked away behind difficult requirements, then more obtainable lower level things need to be there for the average player to enjoy. Combo shots or Mini battle challenges for example.
[Secondary monsters in each realm]
I have sometimes wondered if originally there were plans for multiple monsters in each of the realms - perhaps for second play through once you get beyond the Black Castle. Or even to add variety each time you play. This would certainly be a nice addition to help add that extra layer of variety to the realms. This requires a lot of work though with assets, etc - so won't happen.
[Alternative sound track]
Great to see this added in 1.01, but would like to have this as a selectable option at the start of a game. Having to go into the service menu to switch between them is not helpful. This could be implemented by holding both flipper buttons in before starting a game and selecting to start a game with the desired sound track.
I think I might have missed a couple of small things - but that's most of the items I've spoken about for the last 12 months. It's a good game - it has a solid core with great potential. It's just being held back sadly.

I think you nailed it with this list.

#3478 3 years ago

Fingers crossed for a code update - I’m of the belief it will happen at some point.
Seems they did a hard stop to focus on LZ release.

It would also be great if they did a small run of pins and toppers to coincide with a new code release.

other titles have been re run / or a vault edition - perhaps when there was a gap in the production line? (some that come to mind were GOT, Met, Ac/dc).

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Fingers crossed for a code update - I’m of the belief it will happen at some point.
Seems they did a hard stop to focus on LZ release.
It would also be great if they did a small run of pins and toppers to coincide with a new code release.
other titles have been re run / or a vault edition - perhaps when there was a gap in the production line? (some that come to mind were GOT, Met, Ac/dc).

Yea, but 2/3 of those were by our Lord and Savior: Lyman F. Sheats Jr.

#3480 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Damn - My understand had been it was there in Spike 2 - Thanks for clarifying that
I wonder if a USB dongle could be released to allow Spike 2 systems to network - but that's another hoop to jump through

however - I think spike 3 is backwards compat - so possible to have support. turtles has some networking item in its code.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

We talked about the magna save super collect a few times. I agree it’s pretty annoying, I typically forget. what if a successful collect resulted in not loosing your magna save? It adds that much more “reward” for a successful collect.

That's certainly a possible solution. Ideally though I think the super collection needs to be detached from magna save - it's clunky having the magna save animation/sounds play, shaker motor kick in when all you're actually doing is collecting the super. Another option I'm thinking about is holding the action button for a second to collect super instead of activating magna save.

The danger that option runs though is magna save then becomes active on the button release (if released within a second), meaning it's not quite as responsive as the current behavior.

I think Tim and Steve designed themselves into a bit of a corner by having magna save on the action button instead of adding 1 extra button to the sides. If that second button had been included, it would completely free up the action button for cashing out the super or even allowing the player to control when they activate the sword or rage. We would haven't to be thinking about work arounds to an issue that doesn't need to be there.

#3482 3 years ago

That's not true, they could just do hold to cash in or press for magna save, same as star wars with multipliers / add a ball.

Way less boring to have it tied in to the save IMO

#3483 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday with a premium complete with topper and a bunch of mods like powder coating, art blades, pops upgrades, shaker and invisiglass coming. I know its early and honeymoon period but Im really enjoying this game. I had never played it before but have seen a bunch of streams and always wanted it. Initally wanted a pro but I actually really like the upper playfield. The music, animations and style are just awesome. I have a bunch of complicated games in my collection and this seems like a nice straight forward throwback. Anyways joining the club now and love it so far.

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just joined the club yesterday with a premium complete with topper and a bunch of mods like powder coating, art blades, pops upgrades, shaker and invisiglass coming. I know its early and honeymoon period but Im really enjoying this game. I had never played it before but have seen a bunch of streams and always wanted it. Initally wanted a pro but I actually really like the upper playfield. The music, animations and style are just awesome. I have a bunch of complicated games in my collection and this seems like a nice straight forward throwback. Anyways joining the club now and love it so far.

Congrats!BK premium was my first Stern NIB. Monster Bash remake special edition was first NIB purchase. Now bought a demo Stranger Things pro and love it. I still love BK and play it everyday. I don’t understand all the hate it gets and With the topper it’s even better. Art work is top notch in my opinion. Was looking forward to Led Zeppelin but was letdown. Now waiting for my Elvira deposit to come through and for Godzilla to be revealed.

#3485 3 years ago

Thought I’d try these gargoyles. Thanks to KevyMetal , great product.
45DB426F-5AF3-45A1-B24F-B6F7D04AA940 (resized).jpeg45DB426F-5AF3-45A1-B24F-B6F7D04AA940 (resized).jpegD5DA1D7B-B886-4CEA-A1CE-1264C94D2C92 (resized).jpegD5DA1D7B-B886-4CEA-A1CE-1264C94D2C92 (resized).jpeg

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

It’s a great game. I love mine. Welcome to the club. Here’s my LE with a few mods.

95894F47-0EF4-4DA1-AFED-121ED703D778 (resized).jpeg95894F47-0EF4-4DA1-AFED-121ED703D778 (resized).jpeg
#3487 3 years ago

Has anyone on this thread successfully used the AliExpress LVDS to HDMI convertor board on their BKSOR to send the scoring screen output to a PC for streaming/recording? Mine mostly works but experiences a "blanking/glitching" issue for 1 to 2 seconds every once in a while (in a 10 minute video, there are usually 18-24 occurrences).

I got a quick response from the board vendor when I explained the symptoms, but I’m afraid it doesn’t do much good:

"That blank out is because the LVDS output signal of the motherboard is unstable and the frequency is not fixed, so please close the LVDS signal spreading function and turn on the FREERUN fixed frequency function on your motherboard."

So…that ain’t happening on a Stern MPU.

Details on how to install and configure the LVDS to HDMI convertor board is nicely documented by Hurryuppinball here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/direct-video-capture-tutorial-on-spike2-systems. I've added some posts to that thread with more details on the various capture cards I've tested along with the blanking problem.

Anybody else run into this on their BKSOR and overcome it?

#3488 3 years ago

Aaahhh! He finally got the treatment he's been begging for (and deserved) since I saw that lack luster factory paint job. C&C welcomed.

20210101_104334 (resized).jpg20210101_104334 (resized).jpg20210101_104347 (resized).jpg20210101_104347 (resized).jpg20210101_104353 (resized).jpg20210101_104353 (resized).jpg20210101_104403 (resized).jpg20210101_104403 (resized).jpg20210101_104415 (resized).jpg20210101_104415 (resized).jpg20210101_104424 (resized).jpg20210101_104424 (resized).jpg20210101_104438 (resized).jpg20210101_104438 (resized).jpg
#3489 3 years ago

GREAT !

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

He finally got the treatment he's been begging for...

Why'd you go and do that ? Now I hate my knight
Looks great !!

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Why'd you go and do that ? Now I hate my knight
Looks great !!

I paint boardgame minis as a hobby so this was definitely on my to do list from day 1

#3492 3 years ago

Did you paint it while on the playfield or disassemble?

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Did you paint it while on the playfield or disassemble?

I started on the playfield and was sweating and swearing. Then I discovered how not hard it was to remove. Made all the difference

#3494 3 years ago

Im failing at trying to find the BK shooting rod anywhere. Anyways funny story from NYE. We celebrated outside with some socially distanced fireworks. My neighbor who I am not particularly friendly with heard I have a few pins. I started to tell him I have 5 newer machines which surprised him they were making new ones. He said "tell me you have BK 2000, I LOVE that game" I told him I had the NEW BK and he was besides himself. Heh, so once things are a bit better Ill have him down to the basement to play some pinball.

#3495 3 years ago

I realize BKSOR will reset high scores at a default 2000 games, but is it possible to reset them manually?

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I realize BKSOR will reset high scores at a default 2000 games, but is it possible to reset them manually?

There is a factory reset, it will not reset total life time games played.

#3497 3 years ago

Still enjoying my BKSOR. I removed the white LEDs in the back when I got it. Prefer it without. Reduced the glare off of the upper playfield.

0BF0DE04-FB3F-46BF-A7CD-17F86C77AC6B (resized).jpeg0BF0DE04-FB3F-46BF-A7CD-17F86C77AC6B (resized).jpeg

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

There is a factory reset, it will not reset total life time games played.

I thought there was, but I’ve not been able to locate where that’s at in the menu. Do you know? Thanks!

#3500 3 years ago

Go to service menu, Utilities, install menu, scroll til you see Factory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
11,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/70?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.