IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 112.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

How are you liking the upper playfield so far?

I love it - it ads variety to the game and leaves the main level pop bumper/lanes path totally viable (and not hidden away) - thanks to the really neat clear floor. I haven't played a PRO and I am sure its lightening fast and also great, but I appreciate not being in white knuckled danger the entire time. It functions alot like BK2K without the lanes - which are below. Loops and locks.

Quoted from newtoit:

Is the upper lock only a lock or does it open up to be used as a shot/ramp that lets the ball go thru it without it locking...

It is a lock only. If you launch a ball in there without lock being lit, it just spits out the front most ball and re-slots the remaining one in the previous order.

#252 4 years ago
20190517_144948 (resized).jpg20190517_144948 (resized).jpg
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

I love it - it ads variety to the game and leaves the main level pop bumper/lanes path totally viable (and not hidden away) - thanks to the really neat clear floor. I haven't played a PRO and I am sure its lightening fast and also great, but I appreciate not being in white knuckled danger the entire time. It functions alot like BK2K without the lanes - which are below. Loops and locks.

Thanks for the feedback - there has some debate on this online and its nice to hear it is fun!.

Does any one have any new videos of LE/PRM game play since these are showing up in homes now?

#254 4 years ago

Picked up my LE today.

#256 4 years ago

My LE ships out beginning of next week can't wait!

#257 4 years ago

Such a stellar game overall. Super satisfying shots all over the place...

#258 4 years ago

Just ordered some mods for mezel mods!

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My distro had a small snafu with stern so my LE won’t land at My Parents Basement until next week. Super jealous of you gals and guys receiving yours already!

Well damn, that sucks. Was in there last weekend and they mentioned you had one coming. I played the Pro in Vegas a couple of weeks back and loved it so I'm really looking forward to trying out an LE.

#260 4 years ago

While unpacking, I was surprised to see how sturdy the cabinets are now. Even the bottom board is super nice 3/4 inch plywood. In comparison my Star Wars has 1/2 inch particle board. There are plenty of corner braces now too.

20190517_203554 (resized).jpg20190517_203554 (resized).jpg
#262 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I made black knight sword of rage custom instruction cards. My only goal: better than yellow.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-sword-of-rage-custom-instruction-cards#post-5000584

DFEDB14E-E856-43CB-A122-555F31E68B2A.jpegDFEDB14E-E856-43CB-A122-555F31E68B2A.jpeg
#263 4 years ago

I finally received my Pro model yesterday. I only played maybe 10 or 12 games before Node Board 8 failed, but it was fun while it lasted. I really like this game and especially the call out insults. This is the first time I've had a node board go bad. Has anyone else had this happen yet to their Black Knight?

The Dungeon (resized).jpgThe Dungeon (resized).jpg
#264 4 years ago

@taz: Love the shrine. For some reason I keep hearing the words “sudden death.”

#265 4 years ago

Bummer on the node board , but props on the setup !

#266 4 years ago

Damn dude that sucks. I hope stern gets you back up and running in short order.

#267 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I have a cobble stone pathway rug on order to finish off my dungeon. I've already filled out a warranty note through Stern's site on the board, so I'm sure I'll be back up and running soon. I've had Spike games for several years now and never had the node board problem before. Fortunately, node board 8 is up by the flippers and should be easy to replace. The game play is awesome so far, and brutally fast. I've read complaints about the magna save button location. I don't think location would matter for me, because some of my right outlane drains are so fast that I sometimes don't even get a glimpse of the ball until it's six inches past the magnet. Black Knight has that Iron Man replay feeling.

I just noticed that a piece of cardboard was stuck on the bottom front when I took my first picture. Haha!

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've already filled out a warranty note through Stern's site on the board, so I'm sure I'll

Are they replacing node boards directly with the customer now?

I went through my distro and got my board in 3 days, shipped from Stern. He did the warranty paperwork and confirmed it. This was for a brand new Aerosmith, so it's been a couple years.

#269 4 years ago

Taz, you can swap node 8 in from your BM66 in the interim.

#270 4 years ago

I suggest ditching the carpet and putting cobblestone in. Nice setup!

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I finally received my Pro model yesterday. I only played maybe 10 or 12 games before Node Board 8 failed, but it was fun while it lasted. I really like this game and especially the call out insults. This is the first time I've had a node board go bad. Has anyone else had this happen yet to their Black Knight?
[quoted image]

And btw that setup is ridiculously cool.

Node boards fail, it happens. I’ve had I think almost every Spike, some multiple copies, multiple times. I’ve had I think 2 bad node boards, both times a simple phone call to stern/distributor and fixed in 3-4 days. I’ve swapped from game to game while waiting with no issue (as long as the part no is the same obviously)

#272 4 years ago

Put 80 games on a brand new BKSoR LE. Wow fun game. First 20 games I learned the shots, or more specifically where not to shoot. This game me confidence and next 20 games I learned the rules and what you are supposed to do and how to keep the ball alive. Those were practice games, but the next 40 games I got down and dirty.

Game looks stunning in red glow and playfield gi lighting low.

Game wants to drain so player needs to be ready to react at all times.

Gameplay is a mix of flow and some stop and watch. Ritchie fans may be confused initially, but there is plenty of speed during multiballs.

Final verdict is the game left me feeling I had played Black Knight. My preference is BKSoR > BK > BK2K

Prem and LE over the pro. I am of the camp that says without an upper playfield this is not Black Knight. The pro is still great by itself but it should almost be considered another game.

I estimate 75% of my games were spent locking and starting multiballs on both levels equally. Without the upper playfield you lose a major ball lock mech and multiball. Absence of upper playfield, your strategy and how you play the game changes for pro. Hence it is a different game. BK had a multiball on each level after locking 3/2 balls and this required one focus on starting each level multiball.

Another big advantage of having upper playfield is that during multiball you can spread the balls around better and “park” a stream of balls out of the way. Because you are keeping balls in play on 2 playfields you get that BK vibe. Congrats to entire Stern crew on a spectacular game.

#273 4 years ago

How many of your 80 games were on the pro vs premium / le?

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How many of your 80 games were on the pro vs premium / le?

100% on LE. Hence my opinion you will want to own Prem or LE of this game.

I was initially concerned how to access the upper playfield, but soon confirmed three points of entry. The left lane is always available to put a ball up top, albeit you might need to hit the drop target first. The result is ease of moving between playfields. .... perfect. This allows player to navigate both levels at his own discretion and showcase their ball management skills

Accuracy of locking balls in catapult mech increases with practice. However your skills might plateau before reaching the level of being able to put a ball in at will. I can lock ball 20% of the time so need five trips up top times three balls to start catapult mb. Of course it can be done with three plunges, but I ain’t that great yet either. I could usually start catapult mb every game and sometimes 3 or 4 times. The upper playfield is a challenging, little mofo that must be conquered and is integral to the BKSoR experience!

The story line has you starting the catapult mb to attack castle gates so it only makes sense to start it often and enough to breech the door and find the black knight. With pro you still have the burning door but no upper pf and no catapult mb. You have to wonder around looking for him, instead of using the muscle of a badass medieval weapon.

#275 4 years ago

You may consider it worth mentioning, while you declare the prem/LE to be the best version of the game, that you've never even played a pro.

#276 4 years ago

Great pin 3 weeks in!!

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You may consider it worth mentioning, while you declare the prem/LE to be the best version of the game, that you've never even played a pro.

You are correct, I have not played the pro and that might change my mind as to which version is preferable. My reasoning was if the upper pf is great to have, then not having it sux. But ignored concept of liking the flow more without it, as extreme as that sounded to me. But for now the BKSoR Prem/LE rocks hard. Also can’t wait to start knight mode, I hear it is fantastic.

#278 4 years ago

Knight mode is awesome! Took me many games before I got there.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got my keychain!
amazon.com link »

Funny, I bought the same one from Amazon. Great minds?

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Knight mode is awesome! Took me many games before I got there.

Are you talking about the retro mode, or the black castle? Both are BA

#282 4 years ago

Retro (spelling knight). Haven't gotten to castle yet!

#283 4 years ago

The Banker drove to the terminal and brought his BK LE home .. I got there to start Game play # 11 ,, I filmed # 12 , load_N to Y_Tube as I type ..

I like the feel of this pin ,, kinda like BK2K on Steroids ,, the upper p/f ball - lock is a bit tricky , gotta get the hang of it .. The animation's are Great ( if U get a Chance to View while play_N ) , Steve Ritchie knocked another pin Outa tha park ....

BKLE , etc ,, 017 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 017 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 018 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 018 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 019 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 019 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 021 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 021 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 022 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 022 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 024 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 024 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 025 (resized).jpgBKLE , etc ,, 025 (resized).jpg

#284 4 years ago

Unexpectedly joined the club today. Got a great deal I thought on LE#258. Great game so far. Music kicks ass and the animations are awesome. Still figuring out the game play but I think I got most of it down.

0E9B277A-F5D1-41B7-A687-2E9DD5D20970 (resized).jpeg0E9B277A-F5D1-41B7-A687-2E9DD5D20970 (resized).jpeg0FF889EC-BF1D-47D4-B049-A4B31DB606F4 (resized).jpeg0FF889EC-BF1D-47D4-B049-A4B31DB606F4 (resized).jpeg539EE148-A1C6-482B-A8B1-6791FC222A5F (resized).jpeg539EE148-A1C6-482B-A8B1-6791FC222A5F (resized).jpeg
#285 4 years ago

Love this game so much on location, I bought a pro on Friday. Let the punishment begin!!

Being somewhat of a noob on this one, is there an easy read on the code and what I need to be focusing on? It's been way too long since I've been really serious about playing and code.

#286 4 years ago

Having now put many games on both, I say Prem/LE all the way. The Pro feels like half a game to me.

#287 4 years ago

One of the first things I do with new Stern games is put mylar under the front on the apron to keep the edge from digging in to the clear coat. I just got a 3D printer, so I'm looking for quick projects to hone my skills. I whipped up some channel molding that snaps in place and fits perfectly.

20190520_081041 (resized).jpg20190520_081041 (resized).jpg
#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoak:

Thanks for the feedback - there has some debate on this online and its nice to hear it is fun!.
Does any one have any new videos of LE/PRM game play since these are showing up in homes now?

Pinball is very subjective. Upper pf wasnt fun for me at all, and the ball is up there a lot.

#290 4 years ago

ok mod Gods, saw this on location last night playing BK:SoR … im gonna need someone to make a protector for here and sell it along with the other protectors please...

IMG_0722 (resized).jpgIMG_0722 (resized).jpgIMG_0723 (resized).jpgIMG_0723 (resized).jpg
#291 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Pinball is very subjective. Upper pf wasnt fun for me at all, and the ball is up there a lot.

There really isnt a correct answer on this game. I agree i see the argument for both games. If you fell in love with the pro you prolly wont love the prem/LE. If you played it and craved something just a little more than youll love the LE. I got the LE and love the lock shot and with coding hoping they add more value to it. Stacking both multiballs is satisfying though

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

There really isnt a correct answer on this game. I agree i see the argument for both games. If you fell in love with the pro you prolly wont love the prem/LE. If you played it and craved something just a little more than youll love the LE. I got the LE and love the lock shot and with coding hoping they add more value to it. Stacking both multiballs is satisfying though

Well. Pinball in general is not cheap. So that’s clear. But a piece of plastic, with just one loop, 3rd flipper and another ball lock. Do not justify additional 2000$. I mean there are not even some inserts on this upper field. Except for the 3 indicators on the lock assembly. So no one knows when the loop shot is doing anything.

I know there are other changes. But the pro is the way to go. Well if I won the lottery and don’t care about the money. I would take the high end model as well. But if someone has to look at the bank account it’s a wise decision to take the pro on this one.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Well. Pinball in general is not cheap. So that’s clear. But a piece of plastic, with just one loop, 3rd flipper and another ball lock. Do not justify additional 2000$. I mean there are not even some inserts on this upper field. Except for the 3 indicators on the lock assembly. So no one knows when the loop shot is doing anything.
I know there are other changes. But the pro is the way to go. Well if I won the lottery and don’t care about the money. I would take the high end model as well. But if someone has to look at the bank account it’s a wise decision to take the pro on this one.

Personally it's not a money thing, because eventually I'll sell this game and when I do I'd lose more or less the same amount of money whether I sold a Pro or Premium. So the lifetime cost of ownership for a Pro or Premium as far as I can see is mostly the same. Pinball is extremely subjective so go with what you like.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Don't forget side blades, shaker motor, mirror backglass, limited production, high def amp, high def glass, powder coating and others I'm forgetting - and that's just on the LE. There are more that the premium and LE have together over the pro.

#295 4 years ago

Just picked up LE #2...

60789610_10217097963620135_350143283206291456_o.jpg60789610_10217097963620135_350143283206291456_o.jpg
#296 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Don't forget side blades, shaker motor, mirror backglass, limited production, high def amp, high def glass, powder coating and others I'm forgetting - and that's just on the LE. There are more that the premium and LE have together over the pro.

Absolutely. People tend to think of the Le as just an upper playfield. Having played both I’m in on an LE. The pro is fun as hell too. For the money the pro is amazing. The upper playfield is just an addition of fun. Locking balls in the mech is super fun, adds an additional challenge. If people have the money LE or Premium 100%

#297 4 years ago

Just a heads up. When you don't plunge the ball hard enough to get it to the upper playfield, it comes back, drops off the ramp and hits the playfield just below the entrance to the right orbit. There probably should be mylar there from the factory but there isn't. I went ahead and installed a square of mylar there just to keep from getting too worn over time.

#298 4 years ago

This is GENIUS !!!

You need to sell these as kits!

Quoted from John_I:

One of the first things I do with new Stern games is put mylar under the front on the apron to keep the edge from digging in to the clear coat. I just got a 3D printer, so I'm looking for quick projects to hone my skills. I whipped up some channel molding that snaps in place and fits perfectly.
[quoted image]

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

ok mod Gods, saw this on location last night playing BK:SoR … im gonna need someone to make a protector for here and sell it along with the other protectors please...[quoted image][quoted image]

After 30 plays on my LE I have the same samn broken plastic, this is such a small thin area what the heck where they thinking leaving this unprotected.

Anyone making protectors yet?

#300 4 years ago

Black Knight Sword of Rage LE #3 arrived at the castle today...

20190521_154628 (resized).jpg20190521_154628 (resized).jpg20190521_154633 (resized).jpg20190521_154633 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/6?hl=trex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.