IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 112.
#3401 3 years ago

Haven't owned mine very long, have been to first retro many times. How do I get to bk2000?

#3402 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haven't owned mine very long, have been to first retro many times. How do I get to bk2000?

You need to spell KNIGHT for a second time.

Quoted from ezatnova:

With all the recent venting about the lackluster latest code drop, I do feel like we owe Tim a huge thanks for being the inspiration for adding the retro modes in.
FINALLY got to BK2000 for the first time since I got the game 15 months ago. What a shame it isn’t more accessible but so so cool!
Also helped me beef up to my new Grand Champ score. I was one shot away from activating Black Castle, too. The shield was up. Oh well.
Earned three extra balls in this game. One for the first monster, second just for looping or something, abs the third during BK2000.

Congrats on finally reaching it!!!

Out of the two retro modes, I think this one is easily the better one. Nice intro explaining the rules, more actual rules to shoot and an EB available. The only real downside is it's locked away behind a much too difficult barrier and on the rare occasion you make it, you only get to experience it for 60 seconds before being forced to exit.

For me, that's where being able to choose or control which mode you get to play has benefit. Not only does it give some variety (which retro mode am I in the mood for in this game?), it also allows for some strategy in play (If I have multiple supers active, then retro mode 1 is the way to go. If I have no supers or am locked to level 1 only supers, then RANSOM is the go).

I can't remember if you've made it to RAGE yet.. if not - seems like a good challenge for the weekend

#3403 3 years ago

Thx

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

You need to spell KNIGHT for a second time.

Congrats on finally reaching it!!!
Out of the two retro modes, I think this one is easily the better one. Nice intro explaining the rules, more actual rules to shoot and an EB available. The only real downside is it's locked away behind a much too difficult barrier and on the rare occasion you make it, you only get to experience it for 60 seconds before being forced to exit.
For me, that's where being able to choose or control which mode you get to play has benefit. Not only does it give some variety (which retro mode am I in the mood for in this game?), it also allows for some strategy in play (If I have multiple supers active, then retro mode 1 is the way to go. If I have no supers or am locked to level 1 only supers, then RANSOM is the go).
I can't remember if you've made it to RAGE yet.. if not - seems like a good challenge for the weekend

Rage is after you beat the BK In Black Castle, right? Never beaten black castle. Only gotten there twice abs died very fast both times.

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Rage is after you beat the BK In Black Castle, right? Never beaten black castle. Only gotten there twice abs died very fast both times.

Yep it's the Wizard mode once you beat the Black Castle.

Still one more battle for you conquer then. As the Black Knight likes to remind foes - "Get back in the fight coward!"

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yep it's the Wizard mode once you beat the Black Castle.
Still one more battle for you conquer then. As the Black Knight likes to remind foes - "Get back in the fight coward!"

I’m still trying to get to Black Castle...... I know, play better

#3407 3 years ago

Question for you guys who got to black castle. The two times I did, I LOVED the song that played during the battle. I swear I’m not seeing it in the new code feature where you can play the soundtrack from the game. Is it in there? What a shame if it’s missing!

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Question for you guys who got to black castle. The two times I did, I LOVED the song that played during the battle. I swear I’m not seeing it in the new code feature where you can play the soundtrack from the game. Is it in there? What a shame if it’s missing!

It's there. Just hit the start button to select your playlist

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from Heerser:

It's there. Just hit the start button to select your playlist

I see the standard, alt and then the two retros songs as the three playlists. I just didn’t notice the black castle song when popping through the standard soundtrack. Anyone know what song it is?

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I see the standard, alt and then the two retros songs as the three playlists. I just didn’t notice the black castle song when popping through the standard soundtrack. Anyone know what song it is?

Sorry select djmixer and press lockdown bar button to change the playlist. Best version is the soundtrack list and skip to "sword of rage".

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from Heerser:

Sorry select djmixer and press lockdown bar button to change the playlist. Best version is the soundtrack list and skip to "sword of rage".

Ha, I’m an idiot. Sorry. Somehow I messed with it a lot and never got to Sword of Rage. It’s like it’s LITERALLY the name of the entire game LOL.

Anyway, I cranked that up and tuned up the 10 band EQ settings paired with the Flipper Fidelity set. Shame it only really shines with a thick sound above around 20 on the volume. If it were up to me the machine would never be below 25 but the family might disagree around 1 am.

Making my way through learning the Sword of Rage song. It’s in drop D tuning and seems fairly simply for the most part...7 chords I think. Then there’s the nice solo/backtrack notes that shine towards the end. Love the gritty main riff though. This song goes so perfectly with the theme of the battle with BK. Shame most of us can’t get there and enjoy it for long during the game lol.

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ha, I’m an idiot. Sorry. Somehow I messed with it a lot and never got to Sword of Rage. It’s like it’s LITERALLY the name of the entire game LOL.
Anyway, I cranked that up and tuned up the 10 band EQ settings paired with the Flipper Fidelity set. Shame it only really shines with a thick sound above around 20 on the volume. If it were up to me the machine would never be below 25 but the family might disagree around 1 am.
Making my way through learning the Sword of Rage song. It’s in drop D tuning and seems fairly simply for the most part...7 chords I think. Then there’s the nice solo/backtrack notes that shine towards the end. Love the gritty main riff though. This song goes so perfectly with the theme of the battle with BK. Shame most of us can’t get there and enjoy it for long during the game lol.

#3413 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea where I can find a topper for this game?

#3414 3 years ago

Are they planning another code update on this pin or is a deal where we just don't know yet? Any rumors floating around regarding future updates?

#3415 3 years ago

If you ask 3 times crazy Levi appears behind you and calls you a jerk

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Are they planning another code update on this pin or is a deal where we just don't know yet? Any rumors floating around regarding future updates?

I'm confident there will be at least a 1.03 update when the network support is officially launched and patched in to existing titles. When that will be though and what else it might contain (if anything), who knows.

#3417 3 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Anyone have any idea where I can find a topper for this game?

Sure, there's one for sale right now on Pinside for a low, low price of just under $1600.00 Hurry, hurry!

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Very low probability. Maybe if they decided to vault it someday, but resale prices would need to go way higher for that to be a thing. I think we've got what we're getting on this one, Stern has moved on.

#3419 3 years ago

Took a video yesterday of gameplay with a custom soundtrack. I replaced the alternate soundtrack that's available in the Settings with my own. Wish every Stern came with an alternate soundtrack to play with. Works out great with a setting to switch back and forth from the original to mix things up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gxTMH1SztUMwdKef7

I'll make it available if anyone wants it.

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Took a video yesterday of gameplay with a custom soundtrack. I replaced the alternate soundtrack that's available in the Settings with my own. Wish every Stern came with an alternate soundtrack to play with. Works out great with a setting to switch back and forth from the original to mix things up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gxTMH1SztUMwdKef7
I'll make it available if anyone wants it.

Very nice, if my pro was a prem I would be requesting. Did you use pinball browser?

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Very nice, if my pro was a prem I would be requesting. Did you use pinball browser?

Yes I used Pinball Browser and I will take a look at the pro software. If I can make some changes to it I’ll make it available as well.

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes I used Pinball Browser and I will take a look at the pro software. If I can make some changes to it I’ll make it available as well.

That would be awesome! Is it difficult to replace the music?

#3423 3 years ago

So there's a time out for Black Castle? Reached it again tonight and was doing battle pretty well with the Black Knight. Got about 15 hits in (most ever for me) and felt I was close, then all of a sudden a graphic on the screen said "Black Knight Survives" and the monster battle started over without losing a ball. I don't recall hearing any audio cues that time was running out, like on the other monster modes. Oh, well....PLAY BETTER!

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

That would be awesome! Is it difficult to replace the music?

No, just takes time editing the audio clips, figuring out what works where and importing them.

1 week later
#3425 3 years ago
#3426 3 years ago

I downloaded pinball browser and I can't even figure out how to open spk files.

#3427 3 years ago

At startup, when Ye Old Medieval Madness comes up on the screen, it’s in a “Smoothing” format. But all the other screens, plus the scenes during game play, are in a “Dots” format. Is it possible to change all the scenes to Smoothing? Thanks!

8BD164FF-6377-4753-B425-0EF9F9ED5898 (resized).jpeg8BD164FF-6377-4753-B425-0EF9F9ED5898 (resized).jpeg8FAA482F-B09C-4EA5-B8D4-3C638998294E (resized).jpeg8FAA482F-B09C-4EA5-B8D4-3C638998294E (resized).jpeg
#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

At startup, when Ye Old Medieval Madness comes up on the screen, it’s in a “Smoothing” format. But all the other screens, plus the scenes during game play, are in a “Dots” format. Is it possible to change all the scenes to Smoothing? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you might be storming the wrong castle here...

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I think you might be storming the wrong castle here...

Ha! My apologies!! Knights versus Kings....

#3430 3 years ago

How did you get pinball browser to open the 2 spk files? I assume i have to combine them somehow.

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

How did you get pinball browser to open the 2 spk files? I assume i have to combine them somehow.

There should be one file inside the zip. Open Pinball Browser, Open Firmware and open that file.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There should be one file inside the zip. Open Pinball Browser, Open Firmware and open that file.

I figured it out. I'm supposed to use the SD card image instead of the spk files.

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Ha! My apologies!! Knights versus Kings....

I was going to say “Go away, you peasant from another kingdom, you” but I didn’t want to be Grimm.

#3434 3 years ago

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are we ever going to see the much needed low hanging fruit tweaks that this game needs?

Maybe after they get Led Zeppelin out the door and ready to go. I imagine Tim has been very busy in the lead up to that release. Maybe by the time I actually find one on the used market, the code will receive it's final polish.

#3436 3 years ago

If you think Tim Sexton or Stern is going to give 2 shits about BKSoR code while looking down the barrel of a new game launch you're going to have a bad time.

#3437 3 years ago

Not sure how they are going pump out LZ when people are waiting for games like Avengers and JP.

Probably TMNT also.

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe after they get Led Zeppelin out the door and ready to go. I imagine Tim has been very busy in the lead up to that release. Maybe by the time I actually find one on the used market, the code will receive it's final polish.

Don't kid yourself. They are done with BKSoR, don't expect a single additional code update unless someone discovers a game-breaking bug.

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Not sure how they are going pump out LZ when people are waiting for games like Avengers and JP.
Probably TMNT also.

They are stuffing the sales bookings for 2020, obviously. Why wouldn't they take orders on games they can't produce for months while they can? Someones bonus no doubt benefits greatly from the "orders booked in 2020" number, regardless of how many they actually manufacture and ship.

Nothing inherently wrong with it, I guess, so long as folks realize how long they might be waiting for their game when they order it.

#3440 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are we ever going to see the much needed low hanging fruit tweaks that this game needs?

With network support coming to the Stern line up at some point in the future, it's my belief that BKSoR will be updated to include that like it was for the Jukebox mode. There's no guarantee of course - but that's what I think will drive the next update. Will that update contain anything else though? I absolutely hope so, but don't have much confidence now.

One thing I am confident on is there's no chance of an update coming before LZ hits at least 1.00.

I think 1.02 was the chance Tim had to fix the last few bugs and add those bits of polish the game really needed - and he didn't/couldn't. Even on something as small as adding a missing slide to the Quick Info screens to show the current progress towards the next U-Turn award (which was pointed out to him back in April). Working on my own homebrew, I know how simple that would be to do code wise (and how few minutes it would take). A tiny change that has no impact on possible rule/scoring imbalances. I'm left scratching my head wondering why even the smallest things were overlooked in the last update.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

With network support coming to the Stern line up at some point in the future, it's my belief that BKSoR will be updated to include that like it was for the Jukebox mode. There's no guarantee of course - but that's what I think will drive the next update. Will that update contain anything else though? I absolutely hope so, but don't have much confidence now.
One thing I am confident on is there's no chance of an update coming before LZ hits at least 1.00.
I think 1.02 was the chance Tim had to fix the last few bugs and add those bits of polish the game really needed - and he didn't/couldn't. Even on something as small as adding a missing slide to the Quick Info screens to show the current progress towards the next U-Turn award (which was pointed out to him back in April). Working on my own homebrew, I know how simple that would be to do code wise (and how few minutes it would take). A tiny change that has no impact on possible rule/scoring imbalances. I'm left scratching my head wondering why even the smallest things were overlooked in the last update.

Network support will use a new Spike 3 board and won't be compatible with older games.

#3442 3 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have good advice on how to properly adjust the center switch. I need to fix it each 10 games it's becoming annoying.

Thanks for your help

#3443 3 years ago

Wow! I'm in the process of creating a Rammstein for my IM but i was thinking having it on Black Knight...

Good job! Now i want it for my pro

#3444 3 years ago

Just a friendly reminder, Check your posts First time I've really dug into this game since I've had it (was putting some titan rubbers on) and noticed several posts leaning.. turns out they weren't tight at all. All 3 screws were cross threaded in the t-nuts not allowing to get tight. Right sling plastic was slightly warped as well. Lucky I had a couple screws and t-nuts on hand (one of the screw posts broke off in the t-nut.)

20201217_093401 (resized).jpg20201217_093401 (resized).jpg20201217_093408 (resized).jpg20201217_093408 (resized).jpg20201217_095129 (resized).jpg20201217_095129 (resized).jpg
#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Just a friendly reminder, Check your posts First time I've really dug into this game since I've had it (was putting some titan rubbers on) and noticed several posts leaning.. turns out they weren't tight at all. All 3 screws were cross threaded in the t-nuts not allowing to get tight. Right sling plastic was slightly warped as well. Lucky I had a couple screws and t-nuts on hand (one of the screw posts broke off in the t-nut.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah...I think I posted a similar PSA earlier in the thread, and it's well worth mentioning again. Every new Stern I have bought the past few years have had loose posts, but not to the extent of BK. Literally every post on my game was finger tight or worse. Stranger Things, GOTG, SW, TMNT, all also had many loose. I just unboxed an Avengers:IQ and while it had a couple loose, it wasn't nearly as bad as those.

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Hey guys, does anyone have good advice on how to properly adjust the center switch. I need to fix it each 10 games it's becoming annoying.
Thanks for your help

Crank it really tight after adjusting it centered. I finally laid into mine after the same frustration, and it’s been fine for 6 months.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Just a friendly reminder, Check your posts First time I've really dug into this game since I've had it (was putting some titan rubbers on) and noticed several posts leaning.. turns out they weren't tight at all. All 3 screws were cross threaded in the t-nuts not allowing to get tight. Right sling plastic was slightly warped as well. Lucky I had a couple screws and t-nuts on hand (one of the screw posts broke off in the t-nut.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, especially those posts right in the middle/front that take a beating from the ball. Also check that the whole Knight assembly is bolted tightly to the PF or your flail will eventually start to hit the ramp.

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Also check that the whole Knight assembly is bolted tightly to the PF or your flail will eventually start to hit the ramp.

FWIW, my flail started hitting the ramp about 6 months or so into ownership. Turned out to be the ramp itself....the screws securing it to the playfield had become slightly loose, enough that the ramp was starting to rise up a bit.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Crank it really tight after adjusting it centered. I finally laid into mine after the same frustration, and it’s been fine for 6 months.

Did you remove the knight to adjust it?

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Network support will use a new Spike 3 board and won't be compatible with older games.

Damn - My understand had been it was there in Spike 2 - Thanks for clarifying that

I wonder if a USB dongle could be released to allow Spike 2 systems to network - but that's another hoop to jump through

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/69?hl=mathazar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.