IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Doesn’t really seem like much point to update.

I really dont see why you wouldnt update, obviously thats your choice but I don't see the benefit of not updating even if the code update isnt as significant is it could be.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

If I have the pro model, do I need to doenload both parts? read me section and other section on the stern website? the game doesnt seem to recognize my usb stick when I turn the game on

Make sure your USB is the correct format.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from Parrothd33:

Anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck on top of the upper play field flipper plastic insert? I’ve adjusted the flipper as much as possible but it seems the plastic piece bends under the weight of the ball. I’ve considered making a piece of flat metal stock to place under it for support, but wanted to check to see if there were any existing fixes already.
[quoted image]

I've never had this issue, but it has been covered many times in this thread. I believe it is caused by a washer in the wrong place or missing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/9#post-5025737

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from Parrothd33:

Anyone else have issues with the ball getting stuck on top of the upper play field flipper plastic insert?

Quoted from John_I:

I've never had this issue, but it has been covered many times in this thread. I believe it is caused by a washer in the wrong place or missing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/9#post-5025737

In my case, the washer was there but was out of order in the stack: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/37#post-5367034

#3355 3 years ago

In my main lineup for over a year... And I stil love this bastard.

1129200121a_HDR (resized).jpg1129200121a_HDR (resized).jpg
#3356 3 years ago

Hey all! Just picked up a BKSOR PREM. and it truly is one of my favorite games out there. Really caters to what I love about the hobby! Machine has about 2k plays and after the basic flipper tests, I noticed the left flipper doesn't hold the 'low power' phase of the flip. I've searched this thread tirelessly and hadn't seen this asked as I assume this is a basic flipper issue, and not particular to Stern games or this title.

If you hold a flipper up, it should take quite a bit of back pressure and this one takes little to none. Basically, it drop catches every shot. I can pressure test the right flipper, no problem...doesn't move. Go to the left, and I can (with very little effort) push it back down. I'm electronically capable and newer to the hobby, so a bit of research shows a flipper normally has a higher power and lower power phase which is assisted by a resistor. This particular coil is a 'NR' part number...a 'no resistor.' I haven't ventured into testing the resistance of the coil yet, but can I assume this particular coil is at fault? Any help would be appreciated!

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey all! Just picked up a BKSOR PREM. and it truly is one of my favorite games out there. Really caters to what I love about the hobby! Machine has about 2k plays and after the basic flipper tests, I noticed the left flipper doesn't hold the 'low power' phase of the flip. I've searched this thread tirelessly and hadn't seen this asked as I assume this is a basic flipper issue, and not particular to Stern games or this title.
If you hold a flipper up, it should take quite a bit of back pressure and this one takes little to none. Basically, it drop catches every shot. I can pressure test the right flipper, no problem...doesn't move. Go to the left, and I can (with very little effort) push it back down. I'm electronically capable and newer to the hobby, so a bit of research shows a flipper normally has a higher power and lower power phase which is assisted by a resistor. This particular coil is a 'NR' part number...a 'no resistor.' I haven't ventured into testing the resistance of the coil yet, but can I assume this particular coil is at fault? Any help would be appreciated!

possibly End of Stroke switch. After 2k plays, I would just refurbish the whole flipper. Do new sleeves, EOS and coilstops, will set you back maybe $15 but then you would be fine for another 2k plays.

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You could implement an additional use of the action button by holding it. Hit it normal for magnasave, hold it for a few seconds for something else.

Try taking a hand off the flipper button to hold the action button "for a few seconds" mid-game and see how that goes

If there's ever a game you can't take your hands off the flipper buttons it's BK SOR.

#3359 3 years ago

Just realized a new update .
Lotsa Great changes ?

#3360 3 years ago

Nope.
Nothing great. You can set the drop target to go down after its hit during catapult multiball now.

And DJ mixer added. Nothing else noticeable

#3361 3 years ago

If anyone is having problems with installing the update: I needed to include both files (1.86GB and 258MB) on the thumb drive for it to work. Either file by itself didn't work.

I will not mention the numerous times today I tried three different USB sticks, with multiple drive re-formats, and multiple renaming of files, and re-downloads, only to find out I had downloaded the SDCARD file not USB file. Because then I'd look super stupid.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Try taking a hand off the flipper button to hold the action button "for a few seconds" mid-game and see how that goes

Shoot into the left vuk, hold action button, cash out super modes. Or shoot into pops or shoot the center ramp. There's definitely room for a mechanic like that to be worked into the game.

#3363 3 years ago

Anyone here know how to edit the code themselves? Maybe we can get an official unofficial rule set going on

#3364 3 years ago

Added a couple of home-made mods today.

IMG_20201129_182312394 (resized).jpgIMG_20201129_182312394 (resized).jpg

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What is wrong with you people?
How would you like it if someone you never met started cold emailing you ideas about how you could do your job better?
Do you really think this is something he would appreciate or welcome?

That is his job and we are keeping him employed. The code sucks and needs work.

#3366 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

That is his job and we are keeping him employed. The code sucks and needs work.

You guys are ridiculous and im sure they laugh at you as they delete your dumb emails. You guys buy a pinball machine and you think you own these people. Its obnoxious at best.

This is a great place to leave feedback about a game you bought. Or Stern’s Facebook page. That’s not enough; you think you have a right to harass these guys personally?! Dear lord.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to send unwanted feedback to the guy who programmed my toaster oven. The code sucks!!! And he’s gonna year about it! I bought a toaster and he is now my slave, because he owes me everything!!!

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are ridiculous and im sure they laugh at you as they delete your dumb emails. You guys buy a pinball machine and you think you own these people. Its obnoxious at best.
Nobody there really gives a shit what you think, sorry. Keep embarrassing yourselves.
Now if you’ll excuse me I have to send unwanted feedback to the guy who programmed my toaster oven. The code sucks!!! And he’s gonna year about it! I bought a toaster and he is now my slave, because he owes me everything!!!

What kinda toaster did u buy? What don't you like about it?

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What kinda toaster did u buy? What don't you like about it?

The wi fi capability is shit. I can’t set it to toast remotely?! What’s the point?

The light show is also terrible. With a little more effort I think they could make it more pleasant. I’m sure these coders have free time on their weekends where they could polish this code. They don’t deserve the weekend off like I do.

These guys owe me. I bought a toaster. Right now, they are just displaying shit effort and they are gonna hear about it!

#3369 3 years ago

Ok well I don't think its a big deal about all these pooling issues people are complaining about.

But I am not going into those threads and being a dick like you are here.

Seems like lots of people have issues with lots of things over the years i have seen here on Pinside.

Pooling, chipping, ghosting inserts, how lock down bars are held on, quality of cabinets etc etc.

Are you policing all those complaints also?

Whats wrong with people making suggestions on code to make the game better?

If I decided to comment on all the things I hear that I thought were silly I would have been banned long ago.

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a great place to leave feedback about a game you bought. Or Stern’s Facebook page. That’s not enough; you think you have a right to harass these guys personally?! Dear lord.

Unlike what you think, most programmers like feedback and reporting bugs/improvements. Some programmers are very open and talk to the users themselves. Others prefer you do it thru the website. This feedback and aproachability, is one of the reasons pinball has become big again. I think for most pinball programmers, it's their passion, and not a 9 to 5 job. It's not like programming a toaster or anything...

#3371 3 years ago

I've run into a problem in trying to upgrade my BKSOR to the 1.02 code. I'm currently running 1.01. I've downloaded the code three times and put the .SPK.002.000 & .SPK.002.001 file onto three different USB sticks. When I power up the machine with the USB stick installed, it does not recognize it and continues to game starts.

Is there a setting that needs changing? I've done multiple upgrades on the machine in the past.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Nate

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

I've run into a problem in trying to upgrade my BKSOR to the 1.02 code. I'm currently running 1.01. I've downloaded the code three times and put the .SPK.002.000 & .SPK.002.001 file onto three different USB sticks. When I power up the machine with the USB stick installed, it does not recognize it and continues to game starts.
Is there a setting that needs changing? I've done multiple upgrades on the machine in the past.
Thanks for any assistance.
-Nate

Double-check that the USB stick is formatted as FAT32. If the stick is >8GB in size, Windows defaults to exFAT or NTFS for the filesystem format.

#3373 3 years ago

Yes, thanks. I check that each USB stick was FAT-32. The largest one I used was 8GB. I even tried one that I had used in a previous update.

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Yes, thanks. I check that each USB stick was FAT-32. The largest one I used was 8GB. I even tried one that I had used in a previous update.

Dang. I also updated to 1.02 from 1.01 and it went smoothly. You've probably done all of these but here's what I'd go thru if it were happening to me:

- Re-download the files from the Stern website
- Make sure the .SPK.002.000 & .SPK.002.001 files are the ONLY things on the stick and in the root directory (not a folder). Reformat the stick just to be sure.
- Try using both USB connectors on the motherboard in case one is messed up (would be really rare, tho).
- If the USB sticks were formatted on a Mac, try a Windows machine. I remember some reports of formatting issues on a Mac during last year's 1.01 update.

#3375 3 years ago

Hi Mathazar,

Notes below: ">>>"

Dang. I also updated to 1.02 from 1.01 and it went smoothly. You've probably done all of these but here's what I'd go thru if it were happening to me:
- Re-download the files from the Stern website. >>Tried downloading three times.
- Make sure the .SPK.002.000 & .SPK.002.001 files are the ONLY things on the stick and in the root directory (not a folder). Reformat the stick just to be sure. >> Those we're the only files. I will reformat on a Window's machine
- Try using both USB connectors on the motherboard in case one is messed up (would be really rare, tho). >>> both tried
- If the USB sticks were formatted on a Mac, try a Windows machine. I remember some reports of formatting issues on a Mac during last year's 1.01 update. >> Will try.

Thanks

-Nate

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Nope.
Nothing great. You can set the drop target to go down after its hit during catapult multiball now.
And DJ mixer added. Nothing else noticeable

That feature has been available for a while now. I always leave it down

#3377 3 years ago

Thanks for the help.

It's always humbling when you come to realize the root problem. The 1.02 exceeded the capacity 1.7GB of two of my USB sticks, and my 8GB stick would only format to 200MB.

It is done!

-Nate

#3378 3 years ago

My new GC score by several hundred million.

5EA16770-2CA9-4ED6-8608-FDAD96B204FD (resized).jpeg5EA16770-2CA9-4ED6-8608-FDAD96B204FD (resized).jpeg
#3379 3 years ago

Marcos is telling me that the rubber "ID 13" is the same as "ID 8". But it'd seem strange to have them listed separately in the manual if they were the same. Any input would be appreciated!

BK Page (resized).pngBK Page (resized).png
#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Marcos is telling me that the rubber "ID 13" is the same as "ID 8". But it'd seem strange to have them listed separately in the manual if they were the same. Any input would be appreciated!
[quoted image]

Maybe its because 13 are the ones that get blasted by the full force of the flippers, so you want the tougher silicon style. Where the 8 posts are could get regular rubber and survive just fine.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Ok well I don't think its a big deal about all these pooling issues people are complaining about.
But I am not going into those threads and being a dick like you are here.
Seems like lots of people have issues with lots of things over the years i have seen here on Pinside.
Pooling, chipping, ghosting inserts, how lock down bars are held on, quality of cabinets etc etc.
Are you policing all those complaints also?
Whats wrong with people making suggestions on code to make the game better?
If I decided to comment on all the things I hear that I thought were silly I would have been banned long ago.

You can't read or you can't comprehend. Your complete inability to understand a very simple concept makes either a likely explanation. This has nothing to do with "complaining about issues."

It does however have to do with "being a dick" which is the one concept you apparently understand.

Harassing Stern employees privately, personally, and on their own time - as has been suggested here- is the issue here. I’m just suggesting people don’t do that.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Maybe its because 13 are the ones that get blasted by the full force of the flippers, so you want the tougher silicon style. Where the 8 posts are could get regular rubber and survive just fine.

Yup get the super-bands they are awesome and are same or better like the original.

#3383 3 years ago

My point is that I am not going into threads, telling people that they shouldn't complain to their distributors or send pics of their pooling issues to Stern because I do not agree with it.
Which is what you are doing here. You are telling all of us that own this pin, that we should not make suggestions on improving code?

If he is coming to Pinside and reading this thread, it is most likely for feed back on what we think of the game. And possibly looking to see what we think of the code.

No one is harassing him. No one is sending him emails to his personal email. If someone emails him at his work email then he is not on his own time. He is being paid. And as I understand his job was to write code for this game.

Like stated before I would think most of these guys that write code want to make their game the best it can be and like to receive positive or negative feed back.

What is the first thing people ask after a pin is announced? Who is the designer and who is writing the code.

I think you are in the very small minority of people that would consider making suggestions for improving code to be wrong.

Or is your issue that we are somehow annoying him?

Why don't you start a poll and let's see how many people think it is wrong.

#3386 3 years ago

Levi's mad cuz you're ripping on his boy's work.

I think BKSOR is the "simple" coded game that munsters should have been. There's certainly some things that could be done differently or expanded but at least it's not a complete mess. Fun as hell to shoot as it stands IMO but I wouldn't be pissed with some added things to do on the pro.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Harassing Stern employees privately, personally, and on their own time - as has been suggested here- is the issue here. I’m just suggesting people don’t do that.

Sending product suggestions to a person's business email to be read on business time is hardly harassment. You're trying too hard to be upset... stop with the hyperbole already.

#3388 3 years ago

Agree with Levi on Toasters. The new ones are pretty much crap. The old time Chrome clad 2 slicer I have makes much better toast and does it faster.

Oh and the Black Knight Sword of Rage pin - I think it's a pretty nice game. I trust the judgement of Stern's crew to tweak as needed. I am sure they consider thoughtful suggestions. Calling for gang email spamming isn't helpful. I'm sure the guys spend enough time sifting through emails and perusing the forums.

The toaster people not too much. Different story. They are probably in China anyways. Glad my pin is made in the USA.

#3389 3 years ago

How many hits does it take to complete Black Castle? I'm getting there fairly regularly now (about one game every 5 or 6), but have yet to complete it in 350 plays since I bought the pin last year. Tonight I got 8 shots into Black Castle before draining, more than ever before for me, so I know the number is higher than that. So frustrating to have to start over.....but at least I got a personal best today:

HS (resized).jpgHS (resized).jpg
#3390 3 years ago

Around 20

#3391 3 years ago

Holy Crap. Two words for me....Play Better!

#3392 3 years ago

20?! Geez. I haven't been there yet that's quite a feat.

Code wise, I guess it's hard when you frame it like this. I've had an Elvira and watching it develop from where it started when I got it to where it is now has been an absolute joy. All expectations fulfilled and exceeded. When you apply that comparison to the development of TMNT, Munsters, BKSoR, and other titles it makes for a bit of a letdown. This is why you have people saying things like "I will not buy another game by coder X until I see the final product a year later". I'm personally happy with BKSOR being a really fun and fast competition game but I can see the other side if the coin where you say "why haven't they implemented level 2 monsters when they made the modes the location names instead of monster names" and "how do they not show the hydra with the heads cut off after you make the shots" etc etc. It does have the feeling of a game that after initially disappointing sales they decided to have Tim focus on whatever was next in the pipeline.

#3393 3 years ago

Ya little tweaks would be nice. Agree on the heads being shown cut off. Or maybe show the Litch Lords blowing into pieces after being frozen then killed.

#3394 3 years ago

I had a loose flail ball and it scuffed the lower ramp directly under the flail. I cannot identify the ramp part in the manual. Working with Stern, but hard to replace when we can’t find a part number. It’s different that the Pro version Marcos offers because of the thunderbolt cutouts for the LED’s. They show the upper ramp, but not the lower. Anyone have a part number or suffered this ramp fate?

2C42E283-F6BE-4A9A-9802-0E2FF34E38BD (resized).jpeg2C42E283-F6BE-4A9A-9802-0E2FF34E38BD (resized).jpegFEF7F634-05DF-4A1F-8FE9-2C7032249236 (resized).jpegFEF7F634-05DF-4A1F-8FE9-2C7032249236 (resized).jpeg
#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I had a loose flail ball and it scuffed the lower ramp directly under the flail. I cannot identify the ramp part in the manual. Working with Stern, but hard to replace when we can’t find a part number. It’s different that the Pro version Marcos offers because of the thunderbolt cutouts for the LED’s. They show the upper ramp, but not the lower. Anyone have a part number or suffered this ramp fate?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine did the same thing. I just live with it.

#3396 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Mine did the same thing. I just live with it.

Did you replace the flail?

#3397 3 years ago

Email Stern, I'm sure they'd at least get you a par number to order from your dizzy if not replace it.

#3398 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Email Stern, I'm sure they'd at least get you a par number to order from your dizzy if not replace it.

I had a loose flail ball and it scuffed the lower ramp directly under the flail. I cannot identify the ramp part in the manual. Working with Stern, but hard to replace when we can’t find a part number.

que1 (resized).jpgque1 (resized).jpg

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Did you replace the flail?

No, the problem was caused by the large nuts holding the whole knight assembly coming loose, which allowed the knight to dip left causing the flail to start hitting the ramp.

I applied blue locktite and re-tightened the knight down, problem solved.

Also, the scuff marks on the ramp are not super noticeable and have grown on me, kind of give the flail more gravitas to see the damage it can inflict!

#3400 3 years ago

With all the recent venting about the lackluster latest code drop, I do feel like we owe Tim a huge thanks for being the inspiration for adding the retro modes in.

FINALLY got to BK2000 for the first time since I got the game 15 months ago. What a shame it isn’t more accessible but so so cool!

Also helped me beef up to my new Grand Champ score. I was one shot away from activating Black Castle, too. The shield was up. Oh well.

Earned three extra balls in this game. One for the first monster, second just for looping or something, abs the third during BK2000.

058ED2E4-EAC1-47F0-A380-DCE7AE1EF15F (resized).jpeg058ED2E4-EAC1-47F0-A380-DCE7AE1EF15F (resized).jpeg732CA83C-111D-4118-84F6-AD926D9A3402 (resized).jpeg732CA83C-111D-4118-84F6-AD926D9A3402 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.