IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 112.
#3251 3 years ago

Game code!

LE V1.02 - November 23, 2020
==========================
Fixed:
- "TOPPER EFFECTS IN ATTRACT MODE" would not prevent the topper motors from
moving during attract mode. This has been fixed.

Tweaked:
- Retro Multiball scoring changed.
- Base values for each shot start at 350,000.
- Scores increase by 25,000+5,000 for each shot made.
- Various sound and music tweaks.
- Flipper Power adjustments now take a decimal value from 100 to 255 (max)
instead of the SOFT, NORMAL, HARD adjustments. The default flipper strength
values remain the same and at the designer's recommendations, but now give the
operator more precise control over flipper coil strength adjustment.

New:
- Added support for DJ MIXER
- Choose between the following playlists:
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage original soundtrack
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage alternate soundtrack
- Retro Black Knight soundtrack

Moved to System 2.63:
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0

- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.

- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.

- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.

- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.

- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.

Moved to OS V2.0.18

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Game code!
LE V1.02 - November 23, 2020
==========================

Where?? Not on Stern's website.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Where?? Not on Stern's website.

Strange - it was there 10 minutes ago, but looks like the links have been removed.

I'm downloading it now..

Great to see new code - but really underwhelmed at the change list given the current state of supers, retro mode, knight letters, missing UI, etc

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yeah it's there - https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
I'm downloading now.
Great to see new code - but really underwhelmed at the change list given the current state of supers, retro mode, knight letters, missing UI, etc

Not showing on the website from a US IP address.... BKSOR isn't even showing in the "All Games" dropdown...

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Not showing on the website from a US IP address.... BKSOR isn't even showing as a game in the dropdown...

Yeah it's not showing for me either anymore on the game code page.

But it was there as I was able to click on it to start the download.

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yeah it's not showing for me either anymore on the game code page.
But it was there as I was able to click on it to start the download.

Weird. Wonder why they pulled it.

#3258 3 years ago

My download is completed but I think i'll hold off installing in case it's bugged.

Strange the SD card versions are still available to download.

#3259 3 years ago

LOL - I'm just finishing up a custom alternate soundtrack that I've been working on since yesterday.

Oh well, the hard part of song editing is nearly done, no big deal to re-import what I've done so far. I'm betting song locations have changed and looking forward to the Retro soundtrack!

New:
- Added support for DJ MIXER
- Choose between the following playlists:
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage original soundtrack
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage alternate soundtrack
- Retro Black Knight soundtrack

#3260 3 years ago

I recently picked up a BKSOR Premium. Only adjustment out of the box was getting the plastic in the correct place under the upper flipper, after that everything was great.
Now, after about 75 games, I'm noticing like a lot of other people on here have noted, the ball just won't go up the flail ramp 90% of the time, no matter how clean of a shot you make. I've tried dropped the flipper power to normal but that didn't help.
I've seen this problem repeated on here by multiple people but still haven't seen a fix. Maybe I'm just missing it, but what can be done. The game as is, is just miserable to play because almost every shot up the flail ramp goes straight down the middle.

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Weird. Wonder why they pulled it.

Recently, Stern pulled Stranger Things code down same day they released it on the website due to some serious bug-eration. Possibly same thing here.

Quoted from Photopin:

the ball just won't go up the flail ramp 90% of the time

First thing to check is the coil stop on your bottom right flipper. The stop Stern installs is junk and routinely breaks causing weak flipper power. First thing I do before playing any new stern is to replace coil stops on all flippers.

#3262 3 years ago

I’m glad BK is getting some love, even though the update seems a bit light. I’d also be super careful updating code that was pulled... there may some problems.

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Recently, Stern pulled Stranger Things code down same day they released it on the website due to some serious bug-eration. Possibly same thing here.

First thing to check is the coil stop on your bottom right flipper. The stop Stern installs is junk and routinely breaks causing weak flipper power. First thing I do before playing any new stern is to replace coil stops on all flippers.

Pinball life is best place to buy, maybe blk Friday prices too

#3264 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I recently picked up a BKSOR Premium. Only adjustment out of the box was getting the plastic in the correct place under the upper flipper, after that everything was great.
Now, after about 75 games, I'm noticing like a lot of other people on here have noted, the ball just won't go up the flail ramp 90% of the time, no matter how clean of a shot you make. I've tried dropped the flipper power to normal but that didn't help.
I've seen this problem repeated on here by multiple people but still haven't seen a fix. Maybe I'm just missing it, but what can be done. The game as is, is just miserable to play because almost every shot up the flail ramp goes straight down the middle.

Stern dropped new code today, then took it down. Prob bug fix. There was an incremental flipper setting on it so that will help

#3265 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Stern dropped new code today, then took it down. Prob bug fix. There was an incremental flipper setting on it so that will help

It’s had incremental settings, but the new one is just way more precision options

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

It’s had incremental settings, but the new one is just way more precision options

Before was just 3 choices i believe?

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I no matter how clean of a shot you make.

I had the same issue on the one i played at my distributor a few times.
I bought a used LE and no issues with it.

#3268 3 years ago

I haven't had mine apart or looked at the top of the ramp, could there be a switch or catch up there that's not doing its job correctly?

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I had the same issue on the one i played at my distributor a few times.
I bought a used LE and no issues with it.

The first few games on my Premium I noticed the flail shot was rejecting almost all the shots. Took a look under the upper playfield and saw a plastic ring that holds wires, right above the ramp near the back. I rotated it away from the ramp and haven't had the issue since.

#3270 3 years ago

No brave souls installed those files? Lol

Maybe they took it down because Tim forgot to add the part where you DON’T COMPLETELY START OVER when a ball drains fighting black castle!

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No brave souls installed those files? Lol
Maybe they took it down because Tim forgot to add the part where you DON’T COMPLETELY START OVER when a ball drains fighting black castle!

Not sure about anyone else, but I decided to play it safe and will download it again once the update is back on the site.

Normally I wake up to an email from Stern announcing any code updates, which I didn't receive this morning. Add to the fact the link was removed from one of the support pages, it seems like it wasn't intended to be there today. If there is an issue with that update, Stern should have made an announcement to warn anyone who managed to download it during the time window the link was open. Nothing has been posted, so it's possible the only issue is the link went live early.

I guess we'll find out soon enough

As I mentioned above, it's an underwhelming update. Especially given the outstanding issues with various aspects of the game and 9 months since the last update. So hopefully yes, Tim suddenly realised things like the Black Castle game start over (and several other things) need to be fixed before the next code release. Or, even better, who ever put the code and readme up today put up an older version from 5 months ago and Tim has already addressed the issues from 1.01. We can only hope..

#3272 3 years ago

Sd card download is still there.....anyone to try?

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Sd card download is still there.....anyone to try?

#3274 3 years ago

the code is available on stern's website. i've done the update and all seems to be working ok. and gotta say of all of the DJ mixer updates, this one is great so that we all can hear the kickass music on-demand now.

#3275 3 years ago

The new code is back up on Stern’s website. Doesn’t look like they altered Black Castle battle mode at all unfortunately. Tim should have at least threw us a bone with a hurry up timer reset shot for Black Castle mode after you drain. Adding the retro Black Knight soundtrack was a nice touch though.

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I had about a 30% rejection rate on mine. I adjusted the alignment from between the ramp and the upper playfield, and then it became SUPER easy. Basically, it's just a 180* ramp, and it was sitting kind of low relative to the playfield, causing the ball to hit the lip and then come back down. My fix lasted for several hundred games, but now I'm starting to get more rejections. I'm going to readjust it and tighten it more this time.

#3277 3 years ago

Nice. Not a huge update, but any update is a good thing. Looking forward to playing with the sound options!

#3278 3 years ago

I don’t see the code. Did they pull it again?

#3279 3 years ago

I dont see anything at all for bk

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont see anything at all for bk

It was there an hour ago (I grabbed it), now it's gone again.

#3281 3 years ago

Just did the update using balena etcher and the 1.02 code from the stern site. Works perfect. Dj mixer is nice.

#3282 3 years ago

Really annoying how they keep pulling it down. Maybe Tim is adding those features now, LOL!

#3283 3 years ago

Hope so.

#3284 3 years ago

Code update is back on stern's website now.

#3285 3 years ago

Wow, big code drop day. Avengers, Stranger Things and BKSOR. Thanks Stern!

#3286 3 years ago

Perhaps the plan was to release all three together, which would explain the removal yesterday.

Redownloading now and will install on my morning break.

This is a good game for the DJ Mixer to be in - although surely an option to select between original and alternate soundtracks at the start of a game would be simple enough to implement with this update.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Perhaps the plan was to release all three together, which would explain the removal yesterday.
Redownloading now and will install on my morning break.
This is a good game for the DJ Mixer to be in - although surely an option to select between original and alternate soundtracks at the start of a game would be simple enough to implement with this update.

After seeing the extent of the AIQ and STh updates, this is kind of a big old middle finger after how long we've been waiting. This game is so good, but could be great with a few minor tweaks. I am really disappointed in Tim's lack of dedication to this game compared to pretty much any other coder, including Lonnie who usually gets crapped on (but is killing it with STh code). SMH

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

After seeing the extent of the AIQ and STh updates, this is kind of a big old middle finger after how long we've been waiting. This game is so good, but could be great with a few minor tweaks. I am really disappointed in Tim's lack of dedication to this game compared to pretty much any other coder, including Lonnie who usually gets crapped on (but is killing it with STh code). SMH

Couldn't agree more. Disappointing. Only thing that would be a bigger middle finger... A code update for Munsters that only adds DJ Mixer.

#3289 3 years ago

Yeah not gonna lie, this update sucks. It’s like Tim did it last minute and he didn’t really address any of the major flaws or obvious bugs in the game.

#3290 3 years ago

I haven’t see him post anything in a LONG time on tiltforums either where he used to be active in responding to code and rules questions and concerns.

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I haven’t see him post anything in a LONG time on tiltforums either where he used to be active in responding to code and rules questions and concerns.

Maybe partly because there’s barely any rules to ask questions about lol

#3292 3 years ago

Tim's excited at least.

excited (resized).pngexcited (resized).png

Going to install the update now.

I'm curious about 2 points from the readme:
- Various sound and music tweaks.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.

Have the monster intros been restored to their roaring glory? and has the music issue been fixed where mode music would start playing too early?

#3293 3 years ago

What does DJ Mixer do other than play the music? I was looking for a retro soundtrack, but maybe there is not?

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Tim's excited at least.
[quoted image]
Have the monster intros been restored to their roaring glory? and has the music issue been fixed where mode music would start playing too early?

Lmao at the Tim post
Hoping to play test once I get the kids to bed.. fingers crossed on these as well!

#3295 3 years ago

Ok why can I not set the damn game to retro soundtrack? Is it really ONLY in the stupid jukebox mode??

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ok why can I not set the damn game to retro soundtrack? Is it really ONLY in the stupid jukebox mode??

Yep - It's only an option in the DJ Mixer.

It's not a full soundtrack and only the two retro mode music tracks.

A full retro soundtrack would be AWESOME!!

A positive I guess is the majority of people who will never make it to the second retro mode can at least hear the music now..

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Yep - It's only an option in the DJ Mixer.
It's not a full soundtrack and only the two retro mode music tracks.

ugh. I can’t even find it in Mixer lol. I press the flippers to fast forward a song but never come across the retros?

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

ugh. I can’t even find it in Mixer lol. I press the flippers to fast forward a song but never come across the retros?

Press the action button (lockdown bar) to switch the playlists

#3299 3 years ago

Played a few games and don’t notice anything at all really new or better. Might be random coincidence because I had 3 great games in a row (370+) but I got two extra balls each game. The normal first one for the monster but then along the way a second one lit each time. Not sure if there’s something new that makes achieving that easier or not.

Don’t notice a ton of difference to the Retro mode score. Maybe a bit of a bump but not a lot.

#3300 3 years ago

Bummer. I thought there was an alternate, alternate retro soundtrack.

Oh well. Tomorrow while I work I am converting my custom tracks to the new software's alternate soundtrack.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/66?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.