419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 111.
#3201 3 years ago

>

Quoted from Frboisvert:

someone knows how to decrease the strength of the rider's red eyes ... it gives me a headache...thks

I put a small bit of semi-sheer black fabric inside the eye holes on both the playfield and topper knights’ helmets.
Go to Walmart or JoAnne Fabrics and buy a few small pieces of different fabrics and experiment. Won’t cost you much. Use your cellphone’s flashlight to test how sheer each one is. Be sure to test pretty close against the fabrics since the red LEDs will be close.

A nice bonus is it covers the bare LEDs when the game is OFF too, giving him an even more mysterious, soul-less evil appearance.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

I’ve owned this game from launch. And plan to keep it long term as it’s unique to me and I keep coming back to it. But damn , can’t beat the black knight. Been there many many times. Tonight the timer ran out with soooo little mote go to kick that azzholes azz. Grrrrr

I have never been able to make it to the BK. I have it on 3 balls per game.

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have never been able to make it to the BK. I have it on 3 balls per game.

I have all my pins on 5 ball and set the extra balls to certain points. It is still challenging to get through a game. This just allows longer games and a better chance to see more of the games.

Have seen lots of posts where guys sell a game after a few years and say they have never seen half of what the game offers as far as modes and wizard modes.

I just make it easier to play. I'm not training for tournaments.

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I have all my pins on 5 ball and set the extra balls to certain points. It is still challenging to get through a game. This just allows longer games and a better chance to see more of the games.
Have seen lots of posts where guys sell a game after a few years and say they have never seen half of what the game offers as far as modes and wizard modes.
I just make it easier to play. I'm not training for tournaments.

I do the same for certain games. This one forsure.

#3205 3 years ago

Topper returned in record time from Stern. I can happily report the knight is still able to taunt me and move his head in all directions.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper returned in record time from Stern. I can happily report the knight is still able to taunt me and move his head in all directions. [quoted image]

The best topper ever!! I'll prob never sell game because topper is sooo fun

#3207 3 years ago

Do you ever think Stern would make more?
I’m a new Pro machine owner and would love to get my hands on one!
Out of luck?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The best topper ever!! I'll prob never sell game because topper is sooo fun

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Do you ever think Stern would make more?
I’m a new Pro machine owner and would love to get my hands on one!
Out of luck?

Prob not, but there are a few for sale here or ebay. I had to pay over retail price, but didn't care.

#3209 3 years ago

About 20% of the time the ball will bounce back out of the lock hole behind the shield. I put a small piece of furniture foot pad where it hits, but it still is bouncing back too often. Suggestions/adjustments? I've looked for some sort of double stick memory foam but can't find anything on the market. I can't believe I'd be the only one experiencing this!

at :23
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PbZMXynATj86TWFaL97HLUrPvq0KgJvh/view?usp=sharing

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

About 20% of the time the ball will bounce back out of the lock hole behind the shield. I put a small piece of furniture foot pad where it hits, but it still is bouncing back too often. Suggestions/adjustments? I've looked for some sort of double stick memory foam but can't find anything on the market. I can't believe I'd be the only one experiencing this!
at :23
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PbZMXynATj86TWFaL97HLUrPvq0KgJvh/view?usp=sharing

There should be a one-way gate stopping that from happening. Yours must be missing or needs to be adjusted.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There should be a one-way gate stopping that from happening. Yours must be missing or needs to be adjusted.

interesting. I don’t remember a gate of sorts on mine. I’ll have to take a look. I get about 10% or less bouncing out but I thought it was hitting and bouncing back earlier in the metal curve, not all the way back into the actual hole like this video shows. Could be just to fast to see correctly with the naked eye tho.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

interesting. I don’t remember a gate of sorts on mine. I’ll have to take a look. I get about 10% or less bouncing out but I thought it was hitting and bouncing back earlier in the metal curve, not all the way back into the actual hole like this video shows. Could be just to fast to see correctly with the naked eye tho.

Yup. I had to adjust mine a bit as a slow moving ball would occasionally get stuck in the gate. Never had a bounce out, even with making it looser by bending up the spring steel flap a bit.
76E88990-06F3-4FC0-AA8F-281D3D9936EC (resized).jpeg76E88990-06F3-4FC0-AA8F-281D3D9936EC (resized).jpeg

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yup. I had to adjust mine a bit as a slow moving ball would occasionally get stuck in the gate. Never had a bounce out, even with making it looser by bending up the spring steel flap a bit.
[quoted image]

Wow, never knew there was a device like that in there. I’ll have to try and watch it next time. I do see it there in mine tho.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Wow, never knew there was a device like that in there. I’ll have to try and watch it next time. I do see it there in mine tho.

me too

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah, after more video I see it was the gate bouncing back up JUST as the ball was trying to come back out. The spring for the gate was bent up (intentionally), so I bent it down a bit. So far so good. Thanks for pointing out the now-obvious gate!

#3216 3 years ago

New problem today. The catapult is not locking balls when one goes in and releases it. Also when I hit the catapult and the ball stays it doesn’t recognize that the ball is in there and does a ball search and the ball is released.

And sometimes it kicks out two balls when a game starts or on the 2nd or 3rd ball. I am running the new code. Did upper Playfield ball lock test and nothing registered with balls in. Bad opto board already? I got it in September new.

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

New problem today. The catapult is not locking balls when one goes in and releases it. Also when I hit the catapult and the ball stays it doesn’t recognize that the ball is in there and does a ball search and the ball is released.
And sometimes it kicks out two balls when a game starts or on the 2nd or 3rd ball. I am running the new code. Did upper Playfield ball lock test and nothing registered with balls in. Bad opto board already? I got it in September new.

Check the opto board for loose connector or wire. If that checks good likely a bad opti board. Also if you can check and see if you have voltage going to the board.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Check the opto board for loose connector or wire. If that checks good likely a bad opti board. Also if you can check and see if you have voltage going to the board.

Second this. Also everyone NEEDS to locktite those tiny screws all in and on the catapult, including the opto-board. The screws holding the catapult plastics came loose on week 1 of mine, and around week 3, I found a TINY black mystery screw popping around the playfield. Took me forever to find that it was one of the four opto board screws.

Granted, I have a shaker in mine, but I've had WAY too many screws come loose in this game. For reference, I've had a shaker in AC/DC since day one, two years before I got BKSOR, and exactly 0 things have come loose.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thank you so much. Will check ASAP.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Second this. Also everyone NEEDS to locktite those tiny screws all in and on the catapult, including the opto-board. The screws holding the catapult plastics came loose on week 1 of mine, and around week 3, I found a TINY black mystery screw popping around the playfield. Took me forever to find that it was one of the four opto board screws.
Granted, I have a shaker in mine, but I've had WAY too many screws come loose in this game. For reference, I've had a shaker in AC/DC since day one, two years before I got BKSOR, and exactly 0 things have come loose.

I also found a little black screw and luckily it was by the plastic playfield piece it came from and I didn’t have to see where it came from. Came loose after 1 week pre shaker.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Loose opto board connector. Pulled plastic off to check front opto first and was fine of course and ended up losing small black screw. Rear one was loose and of course didn’t need to remove anything to check it

#3222 3 years ago

I have one target that's not resetting. Can anyone tell me what I need to check for? Thank you.

20201117_161453 (resized).jpg20201117_161453 (resized).jpg
#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I have one target that's not resetting. Can anyone tell me what I need to check for? Thank you.
[quoted image]

Curious about this issue. You’d think it would be a whole bank that’s set to pop back up and would either all work or not. Does it register as hit when it’s hit?

#3224 3 years ago

I just played another game, don't know if it's registering or not but when it goes to reset sometimes it will reset and sometimes it won't. It pops up and acts like it's not catching, is there an adjustment for this?

#3225 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

when it goes to reset sometimes it will reset and sometimes it won't. It pops up and acts like it's not catching

so it goes up but doesnt stay up? you could stretch the spring a little bit so there isnt so much downward pressure.

It could also be that the plunger that resets the bank isn't travelling quite far enough for that specific drop target to catch on its lip

#3226 3 years ago

I'll need to pop the hood and investigate further, I'll Check out the spring and go from there.

#3227 3 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out this drop Target. They will reset manually every time, but during game play the middle one won't reset about half the time. After looking at it everything looks to be working as it should?

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

[quoted image]

I've got the opposite problem with the single drop target on the left side leading to the VUK on the Premium: it doesn't always drop when hit. Sometimes it takes several solid hits before it will drop; other times it will drop with the lightest brush of a hit.

I've tightened the spring tension (twice) but it does the same thing - it just drops a LOT faster when it does decide to drop now.

Anyone who's experienced the problem have a solution or other suggestions?

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I've got the opposite problem with the single drop target on the left side leading to the VUK on the Premium: it doesn't always drop when hit. Sometimes it takes several solid hits before it will drop; other times it will drop with the lightest brush of a hit.
I've tightened the spring tension (twice) but it does the same thing - it just drops a LOT faster when it does decide to drop now.

Someone suggested I loosen the spring holding that Target. I haven't tried that yet, I was hoping somebody else had other suggestions before I tried anything.

#3230 3 years ago

Black Knight Premium has joined the main lineup. What a beautiful game. My wife says it may be a keeper based on looks alone.

I told her to slow her roll.

97EEE21F-8331-4336-B5C1-F4FCA36CAE6B (resized).jpeg97EEE21F-8331-4336-B5C1-F4FCA36CAE6B (resized).jpeg9E2AC344-9438-4412-9DE5-18AE3FAE5FA6 (resized).jpeg9E2AC344-9438-4412-9DE5-18AE3FAE5FA6 (resized).jpeg
#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Black Knight Premium has joined the main lineup. What a beautiful game. My wife says it may be a keeper based on looks alone.
I told her to slow her roll.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same. Its a keeper cuz of the topper. Disregard what people say, and buy one. Ya, its expensive, I say enjoy!

#3232 3 years ago

I put purple siderails on black knight pro

2020-11-20 004 (resized).JPG2020-11-20 004 (resized).JPG

#3233 3 years ago

Nice experiment, but no, sorry.

#3235 3 years ago

Haha, but I'm so glad I did it. You would be amazed how well it fits in real and how much the same purple returns everywhere on the playfield, cabinet and animations.

#3236 3 years ago

What's the strategy when you start catapult multi ball?

When you get a ball on upper playfield and shoot the lock do you get a jackpot of some sort?

Is there a way to get multipliers for the jackpots?

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Haha, but I'm so glad I did it. You would be amazed how well it fits in real and how much the same purple returns everywhere on the playfield, cabinet and animations.

Hey, do what makes you happy. Don't let the experts ruin yr fun!!

#3238 3 years ago

Finally mods arrived and fitted. Hooked custom bumper caps, Beatmaster light up shooter housing. Gold shooter housing fitted, Translucent Titans. Stern topper and Stern shooter rod. speakerlight kit and acrylics from Doug. Great game and LE art package is awesome. Red chrome flipper buttons from Pinballhaus. Gold legbolts and coindoor bezels just arrived from Chris at HRA. Big thanks to John_I for the tips in removing and refitting upper playfield. Way easier than I thought. Great engineering from Stern.
C7CA33D1-EEDD-482E-B512-4913D3F1ABAB (resized).jpegC7CA33D1-EEDD-482E-B512-4913D3F1ABAB (resized).jpeg0F99966F-5638-4FBE-A126-2B540DE86EB2 (resized).jpeg0F99966F-5638-4FBE-A126-2B540DE86EB2 (resized).jpeg9DA934AA-735F-4327-9D99-DD999F06F86F (resized).jpeg9DA934AA-735F-4327-9D99-DD999F06F86F (resized).jpeg

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

What's the strategy when you start catapult multi ball?
When you get a ball on upper playfield and shoot the lock do you get a jackpot of some sort?
Is there a way to get multipliers for the jackpots?

I believe if you hit the stand up target on the upper PF during Catapult MB it will light the catapult lock lights (green lights on the catapult) and depending on how many of them you have lit (1, 2 or 3 = double, triple or quadruple) is the X amount of the jackpot when you shoot ball back in the catapult lock...

Phoebe

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Has anyone else noticed any bugs (as opposed to "things we'd still like to see") in the 1.0.1 code? I can think of two:
* No "Player 1", "Player 2", etc. callouts on Ball 1 of multiplayer games. (Later balls have callouts as expected.)
* "Super features" bonus count displayed during end-of-ball bonus is always zero.

Did you ever find out about the super features end of ball bonus always being zero? I’ve been searching for that answer too.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I think it’s a good fit on a the pro . Not on the other 2 , Nice one

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I played with mine for an hour,spring did nothing,I finally I removed the Mech and removed the paper spacer behind the plastic ledge that holds up the drops and I also sanded the ledge a very little to make it thinner so there is not so much for the drop to sit on,that fixed it but be carful not to remove to much then the drop would then shotgun not being able to fully reset.I hope you understand,I don’t think I did a good job of explaining.

#3243 3 years ago

Recently done a 180 on this game.

Played a pro a couple of months ago. Hated it. All the fast returns made me feel like i was playing breakout or pong.

Last week played a premium. Loved it.
The upper playfield and that calming of-pitch play creates balance.
You have that fast smash game, combined with the pin-juggling up top.
Great!

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I played with mine for an hour,spring did nothing,I finally I removed the Mech and removed the paper spacer behind the plastic ledge that holds up the drops and I also sanded the ledge a very little to make it thinner so there is not so much for the drop to sit on,that fixed it but be carful not to remove to much then the drop would then shotgun not being able to fully reset.I hope you understand,I don’t think I did a good job of explaining.

Wouldnt it be better to weaken the spring pushing the target forward. If you narrow the ledge you risk having it machine gunning.

#3245 3 years ago

Just installed a shaker motor in my Pro and love the little but significant change...
Easily the best mod for pretty much any game...

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Wouldnt it be better to weaken the spring pushing the target forward. If you narrow the ledge you risk having it machine gunning.

What ever works,give it a try,I never thought of that!

#3247 3 years ago

The Black knight (pro) lives in a purple world...
I play so much better now

2020-11-23 002 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 002 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 003 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 003 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 009 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 009 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 012 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 012 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 024 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 024 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 025 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 025 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 032 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 032 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 040 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 040 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 043 (resized).JPG2020-11-23 043 (resized).JPG
#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

The Black knight (pro) lives in a purple world...
I play so much better now [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the side rails are a different shade than the legs or the lockdown bar?

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Looks like the side rails are a different shade than the legs or the lockdown bar?

Depends to the angle also. These are original stern Stranger things LE armor I bought from someone who changed to an airbrush version.

#3250 3 years ago

I think they look good. As long as you like them that is really the most important part!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
11,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.