IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 112.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And if you boughtvnew your distributor should have a free one for ya

Ok cool I will contact him. Appreciate your help!

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put it on tonight, bout 5 minutes is all. Makes huge difference in gettin ball to flipper

Awesome thank you so much!

#3153 3 years ago

If you don't have it, I put a small playfield rubber around 2nd post then put big rubber back over it. Same result as the plastic post mod. New piece looks better tho so I did it

#3154 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you don't have it, I put a small playfield rubber around 2nd post then put big rubber back over it. Same result as the plastic post mod. New piece looks better tho so I did it

ok good to know. Is this something Stern is providing for those who bought from a distributor or do we have to buy on our own?

#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Personally I love the alt soundtrack way more.. seems more adventureish.. the original just gets so repetitive.

I actually find the original music (and game) a bit -too- stressful. Which feels ridiculous to say. But it's true. The alternate takes some of that edge off for me.

BK SOR has been eye opening for me because I've played hundreds of pins and never felt STRESSED during a game. But the combination of brutal gameplay, music, color, etc seems to make my heart pound on every game...and swear. Out loud. A lot. It will probably be put on the "For Sale" list soon.

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

ok good to know. Is this something Stern is providing for those who bought from a distributor or do we have to buy on our own?

Both. I found it easier just to add it to a Pinball Life order. Its only $3.

#3157 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro.
Need to update the code from 0.93 to the latest version...

What are the odds of finding a topper anywhere for less than a ridiculous price??
Bonus points if it’s already in Canada (the exchange rate is PAINFUL)...
Is it pretty much a lost cause?

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I actually find the original music (and game) a bit -too- stressful. Which feels ridiculous to say. But it's true. The alternate takes some of that edge off for me.
BK SOR has been eye opening for me because I've played hundreds of pins and never felt STRESSED during a game. But the combination of brutal gameplay, music, color, etc seems to make my heart pound on every game...and swear. Out loud. A lot. It will probably be put on the "For Sale" list soon.

Speaking solely for me, these are the exact things I *want* in *some* of my pins.

If my (admittedly small) collection of pins consisted solely of games I could soundly beat the vast majority of the time, I'd sell half of them and replace those with far more challenging games.

I like owning a range of games that span the spectrum from casual/easy to play/beat to ones that I beat very seldom - or haven't beaten yet in the case of a game I've recent acquired.

That also helps when I introduce guests new to pinball for their first time or re-introduce guests to pinball if it's been a while for them. "I suggest you start with one of these three (pointing) and play several games on them, before you (pointing again) try to tackle any of those three ..." goes a long way in setting expectations and letting folks know that pinball isn't all the same from machine to machine - and that you need to develop serious playing skills rather than just the games being random and hoping you get lucky.

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Just joined the club with a pro.
Need to update the code from 0.93 to the latest version...
What are the odds of finding a topper anywhere for less than a ridiculous price??
Bonus points if it’s already in Canada (the exchange rate is PAINFUL)...
Is it pretty much a lost cause?

Nothing as cool as this topper is lost cause. Swallow your pride and buy it. I did. Way too much, but its great and I think it will hold its value

#3160 3 years ago

Ya topper is cool.

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Both. I found it easier just to add it to a Pinball Life order. Its only $3.

I have nothing else to order at the moment but still working on getting a Gorgar up and running after I finished restoring it. Sucks PL shipping is so high now for even the cheapest part.

#3162 3 years ago

Thought I'd play around with Doug's Type13 kit while I'm still trying to design a holder on the Rectangular speakers(hoping to have something completed in the next couple of weeks). Going to play around with some different WS2812b LED count per meter as well.

This is how it looks just hooking things up to the Type13 kit with a little tweaking of the code. I dig it, but personally I think the rectangular version will show the flame effect better.

#3163 3 years ago

Looks good.

But ya the whole rectangular speaker lit up would look good too.

#3164 3 years ago

Topper head no longer moves left/right. Fire LEDs out on the left side.

I already sent a note to Stern, but anything I can do while I wait for a response?

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have nothing else to order at the moment but still working on getting a Gorgar up and running after I finished restoring it. Sucks PL shipping is so high now for even the cheapest part.

Put a small band on the 2nd post. Works as well

#3166 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put a small band on the 2nd post. Works as well

Good idea

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

while I'm still trying to design a holder on the Rectangular speakers(hoping to have something completed in the next couple of weeks).

Speaking of the light frames...try not to copy the hard work that I've already done in designing my light frames while you are at it.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Speaking of the light frames...try not to copy the hard work that I've already done in designing my light frames while you are at it.

No intention of stepping on any toes Doug

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper head no longer moves left/right. Fire LEDs out on the left side.
I already sent a note to Stern, but anything I can do while I wait for a response?

I’m in the same boat man, my topper only moves left/right since brand new out of the box. Started a warranty repair order with Stern but it’s been almost 2 months now and they won’t return emails. I wish you luck getting it fixed, please post an update when you hear something.

#3170 3 years ago

Have u tried in settings adjusting up down left right bias?

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have u tried in settings adjusting up down left right bias?

settings adjustments for the topper? I didn't know there were any. My topper (knock on wood) is working great however his head is ever so slightly turned left of center. is there an adjustment for that?

#3172 3 years ago
20201026_150155 (resized).jpg20201026_150155 (resized).jpg20201026_150206 (resized).jpg20201026_150206 (resized).jpg
#3173 3 years ago

No luck with the bias setting. I removed the topper and checked all connections. Still no left/right. Awaiting resolution from Stern. Hopefully a node board or replacement motor covered under warranty.

#3174 3 years ago

Joined you guys with a pro...not easy to find used. In 2-3 weeks, look like i achieved two third of the programation....man,it took me 5-6 month on my JP Pro. But what a challenge unique layout...so BRUTAL decent but smart!

#3175 3 years ago

Has anyone found mini post rubbers that match the somewhat decorative and more durable ones that came stock from Stern?

A couple of mine have broken recently, and generic 7/16 ODs, while they fit, don't look the same and are breaking easily.

#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Has anyone found mini post rubbers that match the somewhat decorative and more durable ones that came stock from Stern?
A couple of mine have broken recently, and generic 7/16 ODs, while they fit, don't look the same and are breaking easily.

Pinballlife.com has some in different colors. They are superband material so durable

https://www.pinballlife.com/716-od-super-bands-transparent-mini-post-rubbers.html

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I was wondering the same thing re. the flame themed speaker lights. Those things are awesome! If anyone knows where they can be found - please share!
If you haven't seen them - here's a link to the video referenced above.

That flame speaker mod sure looks like the kit I've seen on Pinball Life and this site

https://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

But someone either changed the LED light strips by using the typical 12v RGB strips found on eBay and adding resistors to fix the color on a strip and maybe even laying multiple strips on top of each other and using some logic board to animate them.

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

That flame speaker mod sure looks like the kit

But someone changed the LED light strips

and using some logic board to animate them.

I think your statement can be edited (as I did on this post) to be pretty much true.

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

No luck with the bias setting. I removed the topper and checked all connections. Still no left/right. Awaiting resolution from Stern. Hopefully a node board or replacement motor covered under warranty.

After some back and forth, the topper is boxed up and headed to Stern for repair. Pablo was super quick to respond and helpful.

#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

After some back and forth, the topper is boxed up and headed to Stern for repair. Pablo was super quick to respond and helpful.

Pablo is awesome!

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Had posts on Metallica that would break and I would have to replace every time I took it to a show. I replaced them with these and I haven't replaced them again. Just wipe them down and they're good to go!!
Cointaker has the 7/16OD super-band rings in lots of colors. They are super durable and easy to clean!!

https://cointaker.com/products/716-od-transparent-post5-rubbers

Phoebe

#3182 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been posted but anyone come with a fix for the upper playfield flipper plug (white piece) coming loose.I know SR had something about the flipper sticking and I remedied that but now that plug keeps popping out.I'm sure a piece of mylar would do it just wondering if there was a better solution.Thanks.

#3183 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Sorry if this has been posted but anyone come with a fix for the upper playfield flipper plug (white piece) coming loose.I know SR had something about the flipper sticking and I remedied that but now that plug keeps popping out.I'm sure a piece of mylar would do it just wondering if there was a better solution.Thanks.

Something must not be right with your order or number of the washers or spacer things. Not sure how the large white piece would come loose.

#3184 3 years ago

Anyone had this happen?

Turned game on and during boot up said node board not found.

After boot up hit start button and it said ball missing???? All 6 balls in trough.

20201031_153345 (resized).jpg20201031_153345 (resized).jpg20201031_153359 (resized).jpg20201031_153359 (resized).jpg

#3185 3 years ago

U sure all 6 there? Ehoh was similar, found ball behind house that search didn't shake loose

#3186 3 years ago

Yup all there. I just poked around underneath and pushed on a few connectors and it seems fine now. Maybe was just not seated fully??

#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Something must not be right with your order or number of the washers or spacer things. Not sure how the large white piece would come loose.

Everything is there and in order.It didn't start sticking until a few hundred plays.So when I adjusted the clearance it was a touch too much and the plug came loose.A real pita as the play field must be fully raised to access the crank assy while trying to keep the flipper bat in the correct position with the right clearance.All good now.At least for awhile.

#3188 3 years ago

I’ve had this pro for what feels like a month now
This topper is amazing but it helps to be in one of the best games I’ve ever owned
Just a sick game
I really dig the different monsters you have to fight
Only thing that bugs me is when war starts when I don’t want it to

#3189 3 years ago

My prem recently started having trouble getting the ball to upper field on auto plunge, after locking a ball. Can't find a specific setting for it. Any help? Thx,,,

#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My prem recently started having trouble getting the ball to upper field on auto plunge, after locking a ball. Can't find a specific setting for it. Any help? Thx,,,

Mine does the same thing. I try to manual plunge before the auto plunge kicks in. Not sure if there’s a fix...

#3191 3 years ago

I'm really getting tired of getting to Black Castle, draining quickly, and having to start over. Got to Black Castle today on Ball 2, hit two targets, then SDTM after hitting the third. Back to Square 1.

I've been getting to Black Castle about 1 out of every 30 games. I've yet to beat it!

#3192 3 years ago

Play better maggot.....you useless meatbag.....

I know the frustration....but it is the think that keeps me coming back. I see the game a lot like CFTBL. Easy to get to multibal but then very hard to achieve.

#3193 3 years ago

Posted up a DIY for those that are wanting to tackle the Flaming Speaker Grill mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

#3194 3 years ago

Looks awesome. Will check it out.

#3195 3 years ago

someone knows how to decrease the strength of the rider's red eyes ... it gives me a headache...thks

#3196 3 years ago

My 9 year old daughter is loving this game. She knows the rules and is pretty good. Lol. I keep my games on 5 ball also.

20201103_125451 (resized).jpg20201103_125451 (resized).jpg
#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Posted up a DIY for those that are wanting to tackle the Flaming Speaker Grill mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

@dugfreez, you should offer this as a turn-key add-on to your awesome speaker light kits!

#3198 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Thought I'd play around with Doug's Type13 kit while I'm still trying to design a holder on the Rectangular speakers(hoping to have something completed in the next couple of weeks). Going to play around with some different WS2812b LED count per meter as well.
This is how it looks just hooking things up to the Type13 kit with a little tweaking of the code. I dig it, but personally I think the rectangular version will show the flame effect better.

This would be awesome on a game like ACDC!!

#3199 3 years ago

I’ve owned this game from launch. And plan to keep it long term as it’s unique to me and I keep coming back to it. But damn , can’t beat the black knight. Been there many many times. Tonight the timer ran out with soooo little mote go to kick that azzholes azz. Grrrrr

#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

someone knows how to decrease the strength of the rider's red eyes ... it gives me a headache...thks

Just a thought, but some scotch tape might work well on the inside of the helmet to diffuse his eyes. It may even improve how it looks while lit also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/64?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.