IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 112.
#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Picked up my Pro today. There is an odd cyclical buzzing sound that's happening non stop (attached). Game or attract mode, it's happening. It's coming from all three speakers. When it first boots up it's a little fuzzy like a hard drive sound, but quickly turns into this. Please advise!

Might want to post to tech forum. Maybe this is a known stern issue. New to me.

#3053 3 years ago

October's Stern of the Union list of code updates is not boding well for BKSOR owners.

We really should get one final update if nothing more.

C'MON TIM!!!

#3054 3 years ago

I am looking for a good location for 12v power to put lights in the drain and behind the black kinghts shield.

Any suggestion ? I have the alligator clips, lights ready to go just need to find a good location to clip them.on with correct voltage

#3055 3 years ago

Finally made it to the Black Castle such a rush. One flip later game over. So that blew.

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Finally made it to the Black Castle such a rush. One flip later game over. So that blew.

Awesome! I agree, This game is a rush!

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

October's Stern of the Union list of code updates is not boding well for BKSOR owners.
We really should get one final update if nothing more.
C'MON TIM!!!

I'm disappointed at the absence (or at least mention) of code update for BKSOR. The last code drop was back in early Feb I think and while that was a sizable update, it created issues and left a number of things still needed to be addressed. On the lead up to that, Tim was posting a lot on Instagram of him and Steve play testing the game code, but there's been none of that for a long time.

At this point, the only piece of news we have was George Gomez mentioning there was an update (in some form) coming (if I remember that correctly).

Given the push for "Last Chance" sales, it seems like now would be THE time to promote and release a code update to help entice those that are tempted to buy. Once the last units are sold, I can't see any benefit for them to spend resources on updates.

Quoted from waldo34:

Nice effort in getting there! Just reaching Black Castle is an achievement! Bombing out like that though is such a deflating feeling and we've all experienced it (multiple times). Pretty sure Tim has managed to hear me swearing all the way from Australia when that happens. With no way to bring multi ball in, no ball save and relying on luck from shield and flail deflections - it's far more brutal than it should be. I can understand the logic that it's the Black Knight, so intended to be hard. But I know from my time making video games for others to play, just because something makes logical sense to implement, it doesn't necessarily make it fun.

Pick yourself up though. Dust off the battle and get back in there

#3058 3 years ago

the cameo video when beating the BK is very nice...
i suppose evbd saw it !? if not, shuuuuuuuuuuuut and no spoiler

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

How do I get to this. Only had game for a short time and still learning. Haven’t found a good tutorial yet just gameplay.

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

How do I get to this. Only had game for a short time and still learning. Haven’t found a good tutorial yet just gameplay.

well easy pin/rules to understand : just complete all modes to get to the last one : black castle

#3061 3 years ago

I’m assuming this isn’t normal and that I’m missing a spacer on one side of my flail, right? The ball freely moves between the end of the rod and the spring. See pics.

7532F390-1E1B-4E71-A4E5-E5EF58B78D65 (resized).jpeg7532F390-1E1B-4E71-A4E5-E5EF58B78D65 (resized).jpegBC3D164B-B67A-4085-9E44-387BAB184011 (resized).jpegBC3D164B-B67A-4085-9E44-387BAB184011 (resized).jpeg
#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

I’m assuming this isn’t normal and that I’m missing a spacer on one side of my flail, right? The ball freely moves between the end of the rod and the spring. See pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, if by "spacer" you mean the black zip ties that Stern used for this purpose. Fortunately should be an easy fix, just apply a new zip tie.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

Mine was like that too; yes, both ends should have the same spacer, which is just a black zip tie (don't remember the exact size, I just raided my junk box and eyeballed it).

#3064 3 years ago

Good news: I figured out why holding the left flipper button at launch doesn't always activate the top gate to let the ball make the full orbit skill shot. It's the rollover just above the shooter lane. At full power the ball launches so hard that it will fly over the rollover wire before landing and not trigger the gate to open. If you plunge it at 75% or less power the ball will drop faster and activate the switch every single time.

Bad news: I'm just a rookie here, and I don't know how to properly adjust that rollover switch to be more sensitive. My only guess is to pinch/bend the wire to peak higher above the playfield, but I imagine there will be some unintended consequence from that. I leave this all in your hands to guide me from here!

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Good news: I figured out why holding the left flipper button at launch doesn't always activate the top gate to let the ball make the full orbit skill shot. It's the rollover just above the shooter lane. At full power the ball launches so hard that it will fly over the rollover wire before landing and not trigger the gate to open. If you plunge it at 75% or less power the ball will drop faster and activate the switch every single time.
Bad news: I'm just a rookie here, and I don't know how to properly adjust that rollover switch to be more sensitive. My only guess is to pinch/bend the wire to peak higher above the playfield, but I imagine there will be some unintended consequence from that. I leave this all in your hands to guide me from here!

Look to see where the plunger is striking the ball,it may be stricking it to low and making the ball jump,you can loosen the bolts inside the shooter housing and move it a bit,try that first and then you can play with the switch

#3066 3 years ago

The toppers finally arrived with AMD here in Australia on Friday. Paid my invoice this morning and should have it in the next day or so

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The toppers finally arrived with AMD here in Australia on Friday. Paid my invoice this morning and should have it in the next day or so

I found a topper over The Weekend. Can’t wait to get it!

#3068 3 years ago

There's a topper avail here on market

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There's a topper avail here on market

yeah, Way over priced and gouging as much as they can. I bought mine yesterday for 500 shipped. I was happy to find it!

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

yeah, Way over priced and gouging as much as they can. I bought mine yesterday for 500 shipped. I was happy to find it!

You’re going to love the topper. Really adds that extra dimension and appeal to the game.

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Cmon, dealers were asking more, unless yours used, which is prob way to find em

#3072 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cmon, dealers were asking more, unless yours used, which is prob way to find em

Nope, nib from a dealer in Omaha, Nebraska. Sold it to me for 500 shipped. Maybe I got lucky

#3073 3 years ago

Thats a good score! Does your brother have any more?

#3074 3 years ago

Congrats tho. Its so cool!!!!!@

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Ironically glad I got mine from LSOG knowing that. On the flip side glad AMD got me my JP topper the a couple of weeks ago, not long after my BKSOR. Toppers all taken care of till the next Stern I buy, which won't be Queen but will be if in miraculously JAWS lol.

#3076 3 years ago

I saw on utube someone had flame effect speaker light for bksor. Does anyone know where to get? Comments off on utube feed so I can't ask him. Thx,

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I saw on utube someone had flame effect speaker light for bksor. Does anyone know where to get? Comments off on utube feed so I can't ask him. Thx,

hehe In the process of making some myself Just in the design phase right now for the LED frame/diffuser.

#3078 3 years ago

I was wondering the same thing re. the flame themed speaker lights. Those things are awesome! If anyone knows where they can be found - please share!

If you haven't seen them - here's a link to the video referenced above.

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

hehe In the process of making some myself Just in the design phase right now for the LED frame/diffuser.

Please share when you do. Thx,,,,

#3080 3 years ago

Got my topper today. This thing is sweet! The kids love it

24C8DAE2-2412-4892-9E8A-3D951D6289E0 (resized).jpeg24C8DAE2-2412-4892-9E8A-3D951D6289E0 (resized).jpeg
#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I was wondering the same thing re. the flame themed speaker lights. Those things are awesome! If anyone knows where they can be found - please share!
If you haven't seen them - here's a link to the video referenced above.

That is the coolest thing ever. Makes me want to buy a BK just to get that.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Got my topper today. This thing is sweet! The kids love it
[quoted image]

I've got the topper, now just gotta go get game nx week!

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

That is the coolest thing ever. Makes me want to buy a BK just to get that.

it’s worth it. If I could post a video I would but it’s pretty realistic.

#3084 3 years ago

There is an LE around me with the topper for sale for 11.2K Can.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

There is an LE around me with the topper for sale for 11.2K Can.

sounds like a good deal - especially if huo

#3086 3 years ago

Yes it is. Second owner. First owner was Ed from Bare Naked Ladies.

#3087 3 years ago

Cool

#3088 3 years ago

I think this game is great, if you are a casual player like me. The challenges are understandable and not to difficult though not always easy to get. But I made it to castle black now a few times so not impossible. I made it to knight multibal but notal the time. I like that. From a tournament player point of view or if you are really good. I think this will get boring soon. But if you are really good what game isn't going to get boring......

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I think this game is great, if you are a casual player like me. The challenges are understandable and not to difficult though not always easy to get. But I made it to castle black now a few times so not impossible. I made it to knight multibal but notal the time. I like that. From a tournament player point of view or if you are really good. I think this will get boring soon. But if you are really good what game isn't going to get boring......

I agree, We love this pin. We liked Bk2k and enjoy this one more. Friends that come and play it also say it’s great. Not sure why it doesn’t sell well but I’m glad I go mine

#3090 3 years ago

We just added a premium to our location the other day and I'm noticing flippers losing strength on longer playing games. Anyone else experienced this? I lifted playfield to check them and the coils were definitely pretty warm, coil stops were checked and are good, but suddenly the ramp becomes basically impossible to hit from the right flipper and tougher from the left.

#3091 3 years ago

I am debating between an BK LE and a DP LE.

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

For me it would Depend on price difference. Both are great but dp is usually worth more. We have a DP pro and it’s one of our favorites. I got BKSOR le for around 7k usd and was happy

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Deadpool LE wasn’t even a second thought. Bksor is a good game but deadpool is above and beyond

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We just added a premium to our location the other day and I'm noticing flippers losing strength on longer playing games. Anyone else experienced this? I lifted playfield to check them and the coils were definitely pretty warm, coil stops were checked and are good, but suddenly the ramp becomes basically impossible to hit from the right flipper and tougher from the left.

I had a lot of trouble on coil fade with a few of my games. Heat = #1 issue. I ended up simply putting in new coil sleeves. And in one case - had to rebuild a flipper mech.

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I have BKSoR Pro and DP Pro next to each other. Both fun, both in-your-face aggressive. I'd give the nod to DP if I had to choose one. Better shots, with more variety overall.

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

For me it would Depend on price difference. Both are great but dp is usually worth more. We have a DP pro and it’s one of our favorites. I got BKSOR le for around 7k usd and was happy

The BK LE is 11.2 with topper. DP LE is 12K.

I am getting Avengers, GnR, Elvira and was set on getting DP. But i have been watching vids on this game and played it a bit and it really calls to me. My buddy has a DP LE thatt i can play and i can grab one down the road i guess. Financially right now 4 is the limit so I am torn between the two.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

The BK LE is 11.2 with topper. DP LE is 12K.
I am getting Avengers, GnR, Elvira and was set on getting DP. But i have been watching vids on this game and played it a bit and it really calls to me. My buddy has a DP LE thatt i can play and i can grab one down the road i guess. Financially right now 4 is the limit so I am torn between the two.

The topper definitely helps as it’s awesome. Probably the best I’ve seen. I would go with BKSOR since you have access to a DP

#3098 3 years ago

Is this backglass mod still available with the moving lights? That is a mod right?

#3099 3 years ago

I’d be hesitant to get another game coded by Tim since there’s not a lot on BK and it has its share of bugs and tweaks that have been neglected for months. Especially some of the scoring rules like TKC is worthless and Catapult is worth a ton. I also really don’t like the manga save to collect the super, and he nerfed it way too much.

At least with Elwin or Lyman, you know your game’s gonna get solid updates and be very deep.

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Is this backglass mod still available with the moving lights? That is a mod right?

I've never seen it before, but it looks like it was well done. I have seen others attempt to use addressable LEDs and a programed board to control backbox lighting before, but it was so poorly done you couldn't really tell any difference from what they were doing and just having random LEDs lighting behind the translite.

This looks very well done, especially the spinning flail lights. Personally, if had the know how for that kind of programming, which I do not, I would be integrating some color changing sweeps in the lettering. As stated....at least this backbox lighting has purpose on it's addressable lighting. It also has part of the lights (and the speaker lights) wired to the GI, which is a nice touch. I would imagine that backbox light board is quite intricate on it's light layout, programing and wiring. I'm going to guess it as a 1 off DIY project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/62?hl=jbigdoggf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.