IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 112.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

My topper got delivered to my office yesterday, and ironically its one week I won't be there.

At least you know where it is. Mate it’s awesome. I was lucky to grab an LE with topper and shooter rod. Great game great mods!

#3002 3 years ago

Shout out to Stern for new decal and automated services for getting it to me for the front cabinet one that was bad. And I might be nuts, but this is my favorite Stern game that they have made.

ED89B97B-015B-4DBA-8C2C-1F3737EA80E9 (resized).jpegED89B97B-015B-4DBA-8C2C-1F3737EA80E9 (resized).jpeg

#3003 3 years ago

So I am joining the club tomorrow
My wife just loves it and we bumped into one again at a buddy’s the other night and it’s all about this game to her
She loves the pro so I am getting one that has the topper
The head doesn’t move but I have been informed that on old code it would not move so I will have to update it I guess is all?

#3004 3 years ago

The game is on 1.0 now I guess 1.01 would make the head move?
Just want to be sure

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

The game is on 1.0 now I guess 1.01 would make the head move?
Just want to be sure

Correct - topper support was added in v1.01

Here's a link to the 1.01 release notes: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SwordofRage_PRO-1_01_0-README.txt

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Correct - topper support was added in v1.01
Here's a link to the 1.01 release notes: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SwordofRage_PRO-1_01_0-README.txt

thank you!
It’s a drive and decent chunk of change

#3007 3 years ago

Installed playfield protector and I still do not see where that post screw went. I am guessing it was left back corner and they dropped it into cabinet and just got another one. There are no empty spots or holes so??

36B8CAFA-7FCB-432A-9293-0D01EFA14673 (resized).jpeg36B8CAFA-7FCB-432A-9293-0D01EFA14673 (resized).jpeg261E428A-4BD8-4418-AE9D-F824F718B13B (resized).jpeg261E428A-4BD8-4418-AE9D-F824F718B13B (resized).jpeg
#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Shout out to Stern for new decal and automated services for getting it to me for the front cabinet one that was bad. And I might be nuts, but this is my favorite Stern game that they have made.
[quoted image]

How long did it take to put on?

#3009 3 years ago

It takes about an hour with a heat gun for whole job.

#3010 3 years ago

So I just joined the club,updated the code
This topper is ridiculous
Only problem is between my wife and son I can’t get in a damn game myself

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3011 3 years ago

I'm sure they're all sold, but does anyone know of an available topper?

#3012 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

At least you know where it is. Mate it’s awesome. I was lucky to grab an LE with topper and shooter rod. Great game great mods!

Actually looking at my topper just now in fact. Hopefully have time to fit later today. Also, ironically, much to my words a month or so back, the JP toppers are in and mine is being sent down today. So two toppers in a week lol!

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

Im an advocate for pros typically. Just bought tmnt pro but in the case of this title the premium is really the best choice by a mile.

The strategy, shots etc. Its just the complete package with the upper pf. I wouldn't even consider a pro for this game. Its just missing too much.

The extra consolation spinner on the pro does nothing but couple of extra points.

#3014 3 years ago

So I got to black knight mode for the second time tonight. I thought the mode continued if you lost your ball. Tonight it didn’t and I really felt robbed of the continuance of the game to defeat the black knight. Managed like 512m at ball 1 before the extra ball and choked out to 599.5m by the end of the game.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So I got to black knight mode for the second time tonight. I thought the mode continued if you lost your ball. Tonight it didn’t and I really felt robbed of the continuance of the game to defeat the black knight. Managed like 512m at ball 1 before the extra ball and choked out to 599.5m by the end of the game.

Nope, doesn’t continue. This is a big flaw that a lot of us have tried to get Tim’s attention on. Not fun and makes no sense that after all the work to get there, one drain puts you back to square 1

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Nope, doesn’t continue. This is a big flaw that a lot of us have tried to get Tim’s attention on. Not fun and makes no sense that after all the work to get there, one drain puts you back to square 1

Glad it’s not just me then. Was happy to get there again an almost on ball 1 and just kicked me in the nuts having to go for those 3 hard shots over and over again!

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Glad it’s not just me then. Was happy to get there again an almost on ball 1 and just kicked me in the nuts having to go for those 3 hard shots over and over again!

Yep, it’s a bummer. My most wanted list is probably:

- fix black castle mode to not start from square one on a drain

- improve/change the super bonus collect to not be done via the magnasave. Much preferred the old VUK collect way.

- somehow make the second KNIGHT mode for Retro 2000 more accessible (I know, play better!)

- make the first retro mode actually valuable again. It got nerfed way too much on the last big update.

Hopefully we get an update soon. Tagged Tim in a post on TiltForums asking for any hint of an update on the way, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

... Tagged Tim in a post on TiltForums asking for any hint of an update on the way, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

after this : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/60#post-5858686

i've PMed/asked him, no reply

i really wanted to go/buy a BK PRO, but now for sure, until i see a code update (?), its 100%... "no way !" (as the BK said)
pity, but that's how i see it for me

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yep, it’s a bummer. My most wanted list is probably:
- fix black castle mode to not start from square one on a drain
- improve/change the super bonus collect to not be done via the magnasave. Much preferred the old VUK collect way.
- somehow make the second KNIGHT mode for Retro 2000 more accessible (I know, play better!)
- make the first retro mode actually valuable again. It got nerfed way too much on the last big update.
Hopefully we get an update soon. Tagged Tim in a post on TiltForums asking for any hint of an update on the way, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Menacing beast roars! Then everything else you mentioned.

#3020 3 years ago

Dupe post

#3021 3 years ago

Ahh, Hydra, catapult multiball and triple knight multiball!! And it still kicked my ass. Love the game!

#3022 3 years ago

Its a shame as there are so many good things in the code, it just needs some polished and rejigging... i was always a bit on the fence with Tim S coding... this lack of polish has confirmed my suspicions that he just ain't that good.
I put him in the same league as dwight... some really good moments in the coding and filled with exploits yet falls short every damn time.
Just proves again how lucky thise of us are who have a lyman game in our collection. Night and Day.

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

It takes about an hour with a heat gun for whole job.

What do you do with the heat gun?

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

I like the pro much better. Too much wasted time when the ball is in the upper playfield on the prem.

#3025 3 years ago

I like the Premium or LE. Upper playfield is so cool, catapult lock and multiball. Also Last Chance mode. Plus hitting that upper lock target is also good to defeat the monsters. Love it. I understand that the Pro has more flow due to the missing upper playfield, there is no rest playing the pro.

#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like the Premium or LE. Upper playfield is so cool, catapult lock and multiball. Also Last Chance mode. Plus hitting that upper lock target is also good to defeat the monsters. Love it. I understand that the Pro has more flow due to the missing upper playfield, there is no rest playing the pro.

Also, the upper playfield gives you an extra way to accumulate loops shots. Plus, sometimes strategically it's better to get the ball off the upper playfield as soon as possible, so it's literally and figuratively a significant extra layer to the game. On the Pro, unless you do the left lane sword return mod, it definitely feels like it's missing stuff to do.

#3027 3 years ago

I will have one sooner or later, but it has to be the double decker version

7FF3F0E0-0F86-4CA1-8DC7-9521DCEDDB50 (resized).jpeg7FF3F0E0-0F86-4CA1-8DC7-9521DCEDDB50 (resized).jpeg86AA9D8E-1742-443C-BCDF-E44DBF4C703D (resized).jpeg86AA9D8E-1742-443C-BCDF-E44DBF4C703D (resized).jpeg
#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What do you do with the heat gun?

The job...

(...of replacing his front decal.)

#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I will have one sooner or later, but it has to be the double decker version [quoted image][quoted image]

again, absulotly not agree with this
first, i was thinking like every pinball fans, a BK should have 2 levels playfield !!!

but than, after playing the 2 versions of the BK3, i didnt like the upper playfield, not much to do there, and its really to easy to keep the ball (even without the adjustement from STERN !!!)

than again, if you're a good player, go PRO
else its OK to go PREM/LE...

#3030 3 years ago

Wanted to share a good story and say thanks to Terry at Pinball Life.

Unfortunately, an airball (or three) landed on my left drop target plastic (07) and cracked it where it is weak.

Extremely unfortunately, I have literally written Stern weekly for 4+ months to get a replacement and they are apparently still wandering the vast depths of the factory in search of such an amazingly elusive part. Absolutely infuriating. In fact, I was told last week that NOW, at this, point it is even harder to find the piece (that they were “looking for” for MONTHS already), because the game is now out of production. LOL. What a joke.

ANYWAY, a month or so ago I bought the plastic protector from Pinball Life that said it was for that plastic. Unfortunately, when I went to install it, it was clear it was for a Pro, which has the spinner there, and ended up giving no protection to the exact area where 07 on a Premium is vulnerable.

After a while I noticed PBL updated their page to specify it was for a Pro.

I reached out to them to ask about a Premium version and immediately got a refund for the “wrong” part that I bought, without even asking for it. Then they asked me to ship my Premium 07 plastic and they would make a true Prem/LE protector piece for it. 5 days after I shipped it, I have the part back and the new protector in hand.

It can’t reverse the damage done, but maybe if by some miracle the gods of parts at Stern search deep in the catacombs of plastics for parts from a game that stopped production last month, I will have some nice support protection for this vulnerable piece where it’s weak over the drop target. For now, I’m happy it should help prevent the crack from getting worse, since it adds a layer of support under plastic 07.

A+ service from PBL, and I assume they will soon offer this protector for Prem/LE for sale on the site, and I would highly recommend installing it.

62CEC5E7-A2EE-462A-92AC-CB2F5AE0B024 (resized).jpeg62CEC5E7-A2EE-462A-92AC-CB2F5AE0B024 (resized).jpeg
#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

first, i was thinking like every pinball fans, a BK should have 2 levels playfield !!!
but than, after playing the 2 versions of the BK3, i didnt like the upper playfield, not much to do there, and its really to easy to keep the ball (even without the adjustement from STERN !!!)

I know a very good player who has an LE and he said and also others to get the prem/LE.
Played the LE but not a pro, seemed good to me.
I have heard people with pro’s say this too but none about for me to try

#3032 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I know a very good player who has an LE and he said and also others to get the prem/LE.
Played the LE but not a pro, seemed good to me.
I have heard people with pro’s say this too but none about for me to try

Ignorance is bliss, get the one you've been able to play and enjoy and forget about the other.

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Not all are pinball gods.

#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not all are pinball gods.

well, you are quoting me, but i'm not that good (lol), and than still far away for the true pinball wizards

#3035 3 years ago

Joined the club today! Awesome pin, I tried finding a topper from a dealer but all sold out. Oh well, it’s just a nice to have but loving this pin! Crazy it gets such a bad rap

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, you are quoting me, but i'm not that good (lol), and than still far away for the true pinball wizards

#3037 3 years ago

my son wanna go to visit the location this afternoon, let's see if we can break, again, some higher scores (as of course its becoming hotter each time)

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Wanted to share a good story and say thanks to Terry at Pinball Life.
Unfortunately, an airball (or three) landed on my left drop target plastic (07) and cracked it where it is weak.
Extremely unfortunately, I have literally written Stern weekly for 4+ months to get a replacement and they are apparently still wandering the vast depths of the factory in search of such an amazingly elusive part. Absolutely infuriating. In fact, I was told last week that NOW, at this, point it is even harder to find the piece (that they were “looking for” for MONTHS already), because the game is now out of production. LOL. What a joke.
ANYWAY, a month or so ago I bought the plastic protector from Pinball Life that said it was for that plastic. Unfortunately, when I went to install it, it was clear it was for a Pro, which has the spinner there, and ended up giving no protection to the exact area where 07 on a Premium is vulnerable.
After a while I noticed PBL updated their page to specify it was for a Pro.
I reached out to them to ask about a Premium version and immediately got a refund for the “wrong” part that I bought, without even asking for it. Then they asked me to ship my Premium 07 plastic and they would make a true Prem/LE protector piece for it. 5 days after I shipped it, I have the part back and the new protector in hand.
It can’t reverse the damage done, but maybe if by some miracle the gods of parts at Stern search deep in the catacombs of plastics for parts from a game that stopped production last month, I will have some nice support protection for this vulnerable piece where it’s weak over the drop target. For now, I’m happy it should help prevent the crack from getting worse, since it adds a layer of support under plastic 07.
A+ service from PBL, and I assume they will soon offer this protector for Prem/LE for sale on the site, and I would highly recommend installing it. [quoted image]

I'd buy one

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son wanna go to visit the location this afternoon, let's see if we can break, again, some higher scores (as of course its becoming hotter each time)

"the A team : i love it when a plan comes together"

and than, just back home, we didnt beat my 1.5B score, but we all two fully beat the BK !

first my son for his 1st time to black castle, not bad heh :

and few games later, me :

again, let's admit the TILT is set way to loosy (than yes we abuse the pin)

#3040 3 years ago

I reached castle black today for the first time. Was watching the animations on the screen, first shot direct on the BK target, drained stdm....next time better

#3041 3 years ago

I'm getting a premium this week and wondering what color is best for plastic protectors? Any pics would be great and best place to buy. Thx

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm getting a premium this week and wondering what color is best for plastic protectors? Any pics would be great and best place to buy. Thx

When I asked what color, what's wrong with clear. Was the answer I got. I'm going to cut my own, when I get time. It's the same pattern as GoT I believe.

#3043 3 years ago

Personnaly I would go with clear. Since the colored ones always wash away the art, which is already the case on this pin since there a some red lights in the GI. Not the best for the art. But if you would go with colored, I think orange would be a good alternative.

#3044 3 years ago

I recently bought the clear slings and ball guide set from PBL for $9.99. Can't beat that.

Not a fan of colored protectors due to the color-washing effect they have.

#3045 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the later builds of BKSoR have the coin door lockout switch inside the cabinet? Stern stopped installing them around the early Star Wars time frame and began putting them in the cabinet again not too long ago. My LE doesn't have it, but the LE's were pretty early builds. I am thinking most or all of the Premiums will have one and that means the support is built into the software.

#3046 3 years ago

Thx for the response. Clear protectors it is!

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx for the response. Clear protectors it is!

Good call. Colored protectors are like the next generation of color bombed GI LEDs.

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Good call. Colored protectors are like the next generation of color bombed GI LEDs.

In some games that have no real art (motives) but only some patterns on‘em it‘s totally fine in my eyes.

But since Stern actually gives a shit about the looks of their games (after GoT) it would be a waste to blur/ color bomb them out.

#3049 3 years ago

Picked up my Pro today. There is an odd cyclical buzzing sound that's happening non stop (attached). Game or attract mode, it's happening. It's coming from all three speakers. When it first boots up it's a little fuzzy like a hard drive sound, but quickly turns into this. Please advise!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/61?hl=jbigdoggf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.