IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 112.
#2951 3 years ago

Took a look at my LE but could not find plastic #37?

#2952 3 years ago

I found the same plastic in my premium that came out during gameplay. I searched all over the playfield and can’t find it either.

#2953 3 years ago

The family is still sleeping so I couldn't turn the games on to get a better picture. Sorry about that.

That plastic goes under the elevated shooter lane. Mine fell off too about ten games in out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Brian

20200913_070835 (resized).jpg20200913_070835 (resized).jpg
#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

The family is still sleeping so I couldn't turn the games on to get a better picture. Sorry about that.
That plastic goes under the elevated shooter lane. Mine fell off too about ten games in out of the box.
Hope this helps.
Brian
[quoted image]

That same piece fell off of mine last night, two small black screws hold it into place without nuts, jeez I wonder why it fell off. I was only able to locate one of the screws unfortunately.

#2955 3 years ago

^^^^^^ Mine came loose but never fell out. I Just put Loctite on it haven't had a problem since.

#2956 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I am going to put a playfield protector on it, so when I take it apart I am guessing I will see what they go to. I absolutely love this game. I am not mad at Stern. It just is a letdown. This is my new favorite Stern. It is a blast to shoot and play. I dont why the hate or lack of interest comes from? The distributor has a few les in stock and that suprised me. I bought it. I even found a topper from another distributor and it is on its way. I loved original black knight so that pushed me into this game heavy. Not disappointed. I will never sell or trade it. I will post pictures of the missing part locations if I find them. Again thanks for the tips.

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Found this #-37 plastic in the shooter lane of my Premium this evening, wedged between the right rail and the ramp. I've got no idea where this goes - I've eyeballed the game a half dozen times and don't see anything missing, and the otherwise-really-nice manual doesn't have a layout guide for the plastic pieces (yet my older Star Trek Pro manual has a plastics layout guide, go figure).
Anyone know where this goes? Wherever it goes, I likely have 2 screws missing as well as there's no evidence that this piece has broken off of anything. [quoted image]

How difficult was it to replace the decals on your other machine?

#2958 3 years ago

Heat gun and they come right off. Clean off glue residue and makes sure the wood is spotless clean or it will show up under decal. Dirt or lint.

#2959 3 years ago

Sorry misread post. Ignore that. My bad. I thought it was about body decals.

#2960 3 years ago

Retiring it to the vault?

Not boding well for a code update. Hope I'm wrong.

Last Chance (resized).pngLast Chance (resized).png
#2961 3 years ago

I don’t think the sales numbers were what Stern expected, so I’m not surprised it’s getting shelved. However, I love the game. It’s a System 11 on steroids with code depth that matches the layout and ball times. Certainly the code can be so much better, but the art, LCD and tunes makes the game super fun.

Oh, and it has the best topper ever!

#2962 3 years ago

Anybody have a line on custom cards? I know there where a few out there, can’t find them now....

#2963 3 years ago

C’mon, Tim - how about at least one more code update before the game is shelved?!

#2964 3 years ago

Well... just ordered a Premium on Saturday; just in time, I guess

Looking forward to be joining the club!

#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Anybody have a line on custom cards? I know there where a few out there, can’t find them now....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5154072

#2966 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

C’mon, Tim - how about at least one more code update before the game is shelved?!

right now without a pin home and a freeplace to fill, if this happends in the next few days, than i'll be in the club !

#2967 3 years ago

I was really excited to see an email this morning from Stern with "Black Knight" in the title. A code update? More toppers shipping? Oh...

I'm disappointed to see the game being retired so soon. Not just for us owners who are hanging out for fixes to the 1.01 code, but also the team who worked on it.

It's not a big surprise though as my impression is that sales have unfortunately been average. Which is a real shame as the game has so much going for it when you look at the art, animations, sounds & call outs. Add on the best topper of all time and you're immersed in the world of The Black Knight. In my view, the code is where it trips up and hasn't been able / allowed to grow and flourish.

#2968 3 years ago

My topper is getting close now. Just have to get it from one side of the country to other thanks to fact for whatever reason USPS stuff is now landing there instead of Sydney . I have feeling based on another recent delivery it might turn up next week

#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

My topper is getting close now. Just have to get it from one side of the country to other thanks to fact for whatever reason USPS stuff is now landing there instead of Sydney . I have feeling based on another recent delivery it might turn up next week

Did it land in Perth? Hoping you have more luck than me.

I had a USPS parcel from Titan arrive at Perth on Aug 4th. Then on Aug 26th it went to New Zealand before showing up in NSW on Sept 12 and now finally in Melbourne on Sept 15th.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Did it land in Perth? Hoping you have more luck than me.
I had a USPS parcel from Titan arrive at Perth on Aug 4th. Then on Aug 26th it went to New Zealand before showing up in NSW on Sept 12 and now finally in Melbourne on Sept 15th.

Yeah landed Perth on 13th. Assuming from a similar situation with another USPS shipment that landed in Perth on the 5th Sept, it will turn up some time next week all things being equal. Not that I'm anywhere near as confident as I used to be with postal deliveries right now.

#2971 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for topper the Game exchange in Colorado had the topper in stock!I got it today. I dont get the games lack of interest? It plays great and has fantastic touches in art and music. The throw back mode is amazing and its a fun game to play. Absolutely love this game.

26FEA3CD-908A-4C59-B97A-9B5EEE67F67F (resized).jpeg26FEA3CD-908A-4C59-B97A-9B5EEE67F67F (resized).jpeg
#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

If anyone is looking for topper the Game exchange in Colorado had the topper in stock!I got it today. I dont get the games lack of interest? It plays great and has fantastic touches in art and music. The throw back mode is amazing and its a fun game to play. Absolutely love this game.
[quoted image]

you are preaching to the choir here.

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Remember, the frames are sized to accept the standard Stern cards. The card slides into the slots on the top and bottom edge.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

[quoted image]

I didn't see any. You have a link.

#2975 3 years ago

My premium arrived on Tuesday and I absolutely love it! Topper, shaker, new code, and Powerbladez installed today. My first NIB Stern that followed Monster Bash Remake SE that I bought 3 weeks ago. No regrets at all with either machine. Eying possibly JP premium next. Not sure. Wish I could find MMr. Late to pinball collecting. Started a year ago . Nine pins in the collection now.

160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg160BDDB8-ADD8-47A3-BD57-E99636E67347 (resized).jpeg5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png5913A892-ECBF-4610-BE91-7A0FED55F367 (resized).png75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).png75E76BE0-DD03-4331-BFFB-1E2EBA386FCA (resized).pngAA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpegAA00CE52-994C-4EB0-84BE-25F7E1630C3D (resized).jpegCA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpegCA42C9CB-1F58-4D42-8345-FFC4EC6CB3AF (resized).jpeg
#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I didn't see any. You have a link.

When I ordered it they still showed them in stock. It looks like they are now out of stock now. Google the part number for topper shown on my invoice. Thats how I found it online. Looks like I got lucky.

F6D63B3A-491F-43D4-A14D-E05830DDD488 (resized).jpegF6D63B3A-491F-43D4-A14D-E05830DDD488 (resized).jpeg
#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

second time i went to a location near our house to play BK PRO (mainly, and a few games on STh, which really is not for me)
i really enjoy playing it like this, on the wild, and not sure it will be the same if i get it home !? as let's admit its very repetitive, and also mainly using right flipper only
but OK, the fact is that i enjoyed my afternoon a lot, its a true adrenaline pin, theme is very nice (if you're a '80 boy), you sweat for sure while you're playing this
about the code, and as a "player", think i have to say the same as lots of guys here : surelly this needs some minor adjustements (Tim if you're reading, tanx)
KNIGHT letters not easy to get (only reached 1 time NIGHT mode level 2 ), and didnt fully beat the BK as getting there 2 times on the afternoon...
if this pin could get an update, than may be i'll think to buy one
here's what i left to the others (lol), MIC is my tag...

last day of my vacation, than decided to spend some houres on that BK again...
same as before, i've enjoyed it for sure, but than there's really something that can/should/could be done with the code, that black castle is so frustrating again (but not in the way you wanna get there again)
compare to all others modes, which are OK, completing the wizard mode seems more to be a matter of luck than of skill !? of course you will say : "well, we are battling against the black knight !!!"

i've than scored 1.5B, reaching 2 times the BC in the same game (also got 3 knight modes) :
1st time i lose at 3rd shot, with the middle target sending ball back at 300MPH SDTM...
2nd time, gone to 5 ou 6 shots, than right slingshot send a great airball perfectly in the left outlane !!! oh dear, did i really deserve that ? (lol)

Tim, are you reading ? (said friendly of course)

#2978 3 years ago

Ok, that darn Mudflaps i must credit - influenced me to take a second shot at this title.
Damn did I underestimate it.
So what have you all done to clean that hazy upper pf?
Easy fix?
Think I’m down for finding one soon and joining this horde.

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok, that darn Mudflaps i must credit - influenced me to take a second shot at this title.
Damn did I underestimate it.

People are totally sleeping on this title. I think there is just to much out there.

#2980 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

#2981 3 years ago

My topper got delivered to my office yesterday, and ironically its one week I won't be there.

#2982 3 years ago

I noticed that my catapult was getting a little bouncy when I hit a ball in it. Are the sides supposed to be welded to the base ramp? It looks a little like the tabs (circled in red) are broken welds?

SOR-welds (resized).pngSOR-welds (resized).png
#2983 3 years ago

^^^^^ the welds on mine did the same. It takes a pounding, so I'm sure they will all fail sooner or later. I've been having problems with the optos on the catapult and noticed the broken welds. I Got the welds fixed, but I'm still having problems with the optos registering a ball when there is no ball. I've cleaned and adjusted them but still the same. I contacted Stern and haven't heard back.

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottBot:

I noticed that my catapult was getting a little bouncy when I hit a ball in it. Are the sides supposed to be welded to the base ramp? It looks a little like the tabs (circled in red) are broken welds?
[quoted image]

It’s shoddy stern worksmanship. Happened to me too, just look back in the thread. Good luck getting help. Took me MONTHS to get them to see that their crappy welds failed and got a new catapult. Now, I have small simple plastic failures and they are claiming the game is “out of production”. What a joke of a company.

#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

... I've been having problems with the optos on the catapult and noticed the broken welds.

Wow. That's the exact same reason that I dug into this. My ball three opto is not always registering the last ball. I was hoping that maybe if I secured the catapult again, it would fix the intermittent opto.

How did you fix it? I was thinking some JB Weld or super glue (I know, I know...) would hold. I don't really feel like tearing it all out to take it somewhere to get it spot welded.

#2986 3 years ago

I took mine to a welder, it needs to be TIG welded. Good luck getting any help from Stern now that Chas is gone. The problem with my optos, it's registering balls when there are no balls in the catapult. I've been messing around with mine for months now, adjusting it, cleaning it and nothing seems to work for more than a week and it starts doing it again.

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I took mine to a welder, it needs to be TIG welded. Good luck getting any help from Stern now that Chas is gone. The problem with my optos, it's registering balls when there are no balls in the catapult. I've been messing around with mine for months now, adjusting it, cleaning it and nothing seems to work for more than a week and it starts doing it again.

I concur on it being amazingly difficult to get help now.

Anyway, double check the tiny black screws holding in your catapult logos. They are very common ones to work loose and fall out. I lock tighted all mine

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I concur on it being amazingly difficult to get help now.
Anyway, double check the tiny black screws holding in your catapult logos. They are very common ones to work loose and fall out. I lock tighted all mine

None of the screws are falling out on mine. I just can't get the optos to work right no matter what I've done to them. The game can just sit there with nobody playing and the coil in the Catapult starts going off by itself. I'm hoping Stern will just send me new optos hahaha.

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

None of the screws are falling out on mine. I just can't get the optos to work right no matter what I've done to them. The game can just sit there with nobody playing and the coil in the Catapult starts going off by itself. I'm hoping Stern will just send me new optos hahaha.

Sounds just like the issue I had with my Elvira HOH. The hole Stern put in the plastic was two small for the opto. Any vibration and a kicker was going off. I had the make the hole bigger. Ill try to find that post and link it here.

Edit: see this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/55#post-5592156

#2990 3 years ago

Thank you waldo34 that sounds about right, I'll give that a try. I've been moving the opto boards back and forth and they work for a little while and then they start screwing up again. Now I have to take it all apart again.

#2991 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

... Good luck getting help. Took me MONTHS to get them to see that their crappy welds failed and got a new catapult. Now, I have small simple plastic failures and they are claiming the game is “out of production”. What a joke of a company.

My experience is, thankfully, opposite of yours. I submitted the issue from their "contact us" page on the website. Within 15 minutes Patrick responded. I sent him the info he wanted and I have a replacement catapult on the way! Just hoping it has better welds

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottBot:

My experience is, thankfully, opposite of yours. I submitted the issue from their "contact us" page on the website. Within 15 minutes Patrick responded. I sent him the info he wanted and I have a replacement catapult on the way! Just hoping it has better welds

Amazing. Either they hate me for my persistence, or there really is some poor fool wandering the aisles of the Stern warehouse for 5 months, looking for my parts. LOL

I’m concerned about the welds on my replacement catapult, as well. Could be a big issue for longevity in these games, on a part that is neither cheap nor particularly fun or easy to replace.

#2993 3 years ago

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So now that the game has been out for a while, is the pro a good choice, or premium the way to go.

Definite answer:

It depends!

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Pro = Great choice. Fast, flowy. Same callouts and music without some of the Premium code exploits. Two spinners.

Premium = Another great choice. Upper playfield with two extra modes.

Depends what you dig or what kind of player you are. Pages and pages of this in the thread. In either case, get the topper!

#2996 3 years ago

Ya got the topper, just didn't want to read 3000 posts. Lol have played both but a while ago both with early code. Just being if it has last ability in home use.

#2997 3 years ago

Is it just my game, or does everyone's topper not obey the setting to disable it during attract mode?

Kinda of sucks since I like to leave my games on but not keen on the Knight wearing his gears out moving around all day for no particular reason.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

easy :

you're a player ? go PRO
you're a collector ? go PREM/LE

#2999 3 years ago

premium in all cases imo.

#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yours must be bent or the stack up is still not right. I have never had a ball even slow down in that area let alone get stuck. I've had the upper playfield out at least three times to install mods and plastic protectors and it just goes right back in and lines up with the plug perfectly every time.

You’re just the bloke I need to talk to then. I’m going to be fitting Roberts Custom Bumper caps and translucent bands.
So the upper playfield comes off relatively easy then. I haven’t had a really close look yet. Anything in particular I need to know with removal and install. Thanks in advance. John_I

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.