IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 112.
#201 4 years ago

My LE will be delivered Thursday.

#202 4 years ago

Played a bunch last night before going to bed and gotta say I'm loving this machine!

#203 4 years ago

Curious if this is decent? Still don’t understand the appeal of the SUPER features, don’t seem nearly rewarding enough...

05867A4C-793C-447C-8375-A4F553269C61 (resized).jpeg05867A4C-793C-447C-8375-A4F553269C61 (resized).jpeg
#204 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Curious if this is decent? Still don’t understand the appeal of the SUPER features, don’t seem nearly rewarding enough...
[quoted image]

After ~200 games my best is still just 76 million, so yeah your score is awesome! On another note, what happened to the knight that's supposed to be at the upper left of the playfield? Seems like yours is missing.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I operate at a high traffic location. There are about 75 games. San Francisco. BK was the #1 earner in its first two weeks ever, which is cool.
The idea is that you can op with a protector to mitigate damage then remove it when you flip — or in my case, trade up for a premium. The pf is then minty, undimpled fresh. Maybe it’s even had some time to set and won’t dimple as much.
No one in all of the league nights, PAPA tournaments, or regular long hours play has ever noticed, commented on, or found a problem with the protectors on some games at this location. They are thinner now, too so most people haven’t even played on one. There is a Pinside/home use argument that’s totally valid against protectors. Doesn’t make any difference to me though. Would recommend for anyone in my situation (no one here).

Possibly not for this thread, but could you post exactly what you removed to install it? I am always looking for shortcuts when installing them.

#206 4 years ago

I now skip the skill shot and plunge the ball to the left flipper 99% of the time.

Hope the WAR lights go back in the next code update .

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

After ~200 games my best is still just 76 million, so yeah your score is awesome! On another note, what happened to the knight that's supposed to be at the upper left of the playfield? Seems like yours is missing.

The nut vibrated off and haven’t bothered re-installing yet.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I now skip the skill shot and plunge the ball to the left
flipper 99% of the time.
Hope the WAR lights go back in the next code update .

Holding L flipper and hitting the knight/sword/shield is the
right move imo. It will give you a cpl points for the super skill
shot sure but more importantly, you want to take advantage of
hitting the knight during ball save time as much as possible,
regardless of how fast the mace is spinning. Holding flipper will likely give just a smidgeon more time to hit the knight than a regular plunge. That’s not even mentioning the fact the holding L flipper will give more consistent feed than a regular plunge. A regular plunge can land you a weird feed off the right rail that either doesn’t make it to the R flipper or makes it in a “weird” spot.

The whole point of the game is the danger and chaos created from
hitting the knight, right in the middle of the table. So if you can
do that during ball save you’ve mitigated the biggest threat.

The shots are otherwise super wide and true to Ritchie, all can
be backhanded easily except the R orbit.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Holding L flipper and hitting the knight/sword/shield is the
right move imo. It will give you a cpl points for the super
skill
shot sure but more importantly, you want to take advantage of
hitting the knight during ball save time as much as possible,
regardless of how fast the mace is spinning. Holding flipper
will likely give just a smidgeon more time to hit the knight than a
regular plunge. That’s not even mentioning the fact the holding L
flipper will give more consistent feed than a regular plunge. A
regular plunge can land you a weird feed off the right rail that
either doesn’t make it to the R flipper or makes it in a “weird”
spot.
The whole point of the game is the danger and chaos created from
hitting the knight, right in the middle of the table. So if
you can
do that during ball save you’ve mitigated the biggest
threat.
The shots are otherwise super wide and true to Ritchie, all can
be backhanded easily except the R orbit.

Thanks ATLpb that is the best way to go.
Fast and fun pin.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Here it is. Blue sparkle powdercoat looks great. Even got a figure of the guitarist from Anthrax who did the music for the game.
[quoted image]

Looks amazing! I made some enhancements to mine that revolve around blue colors since the Power is associated with light blue in the game so that armor would perfectly compliment my BK3...light blue star posts for slings, light blue Titan flipper rubbers on blue Williams bats - a little nod to BK1 & 2!

20190509_220210.jpg20190509_220210.jpg
#211 4 years ago

LE made it! Now to set it up.

010E6F81-D4B0-4E33-A8D0-6F1D132A1ECD (resized).jpeg010E6F81-D4B0-4E33-A8D0-6F1D132A1ECD (resized).jpeg6B5A856F-DA37-4EBB-A761-23753CE6D32D (resized).jpeg6B5A856F-DA37-4EBB-A761-23753CE6D32D (resized).jpegF6AB44BB-CF54-47DE-AB5A-0D9FE2009D91 (resized).jpegF6AB44BB-CF54-47DE-AB5A-0D9FE2009D91 (resized).jpeg
#212 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

LE made it! Now to set it up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, What are the red spacers on the legs?

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Congrats, What are the red spacers on the legs?

Those are old style leg protectors which aren't needed on modern Sterns. Stern started including the new style awhile back which hold the legs off of the cabinet itself, plus the decals are now cut to not go under the legs. I wouldn't use these as I'm pretty sure they could actually increase the chance of decal damage due to being larger than the legs themselves and potentially rubbing on the decals.

#214 4 years ago

Sad news autographed toy lovers... I didn't get one

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Those are old style leg protectors which aren't needed on modern
Sterns. Stern started including the new style awhile back which
hold the legs off of the cabinet itself, plus the decals are now
cut to not go under the legs. I wouldn't use these as I'm pretty
sure they could actually increase the chance of decal damage due to
being larger than the legs themselves and potentially rubbing on
the decals.

I considered not putting them on, but I do like the looks of them. I may take them off. Now where is the friggin on switch??

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I considered not putting them on, but I do like the looks of
them. I may take them off. Now where is the friggin on switch??

Under the right side of the head

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I considered not putting them on, but I do like the looks of
them. I may take them off. Now where is the friggin on switch??

I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just me. Flashbacks of pretty much every Transformers ever are flashing through my head.

LOL on the switch...I think you need to clap twice.

Congrats on the new game...I'm jealous! Have fun!

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Possibly not for this thread, but could you post exactly what you removed to install it? I am always looking for shortcuts when installing them.

Sure:

The flippers

The sling plastics

The cross-game single wireform (4 nuts)

The back board (four screws in two brackets on rear of back board, 3 wood screws under playfield)

That’s it!

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I wouldn't take the risk, but that's just me. Flashbacks of
pretty much every Transformers ever are flashing through my
head.
LOL on the switch...I think you need to clap twice.
Congrats on the new game...I'm jealous! Have fun!

Oh, the wrinkle - exactly why I started using these in the first place. They're actually designed to prevent that so I'd be shocked if it screwed up the decals. But you're right, the legs weren't touching the decals at all so there was zero risk without them on. I'll probably remove them.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Oh, the wrinkle - exactly why I started using these in the first place. They're actually designed to prevent that so I'd be shocked if it screwed up the decals. But you're right, the legs weren't touching the decals at all so there was zero risk without them on. I'll probably remove them.

The type of hardish plastic protectors you have on there were originally meant for games with screen printed cabinets or painted cabinets. They were meant to protect and also cover up damage that was already done by the legs digging in the cabinets. People started using them on games that had decals.....and that was bad. It would make the decals wrinkle. Then Stern started using the metal corner brackets that are screwed into the cabinets....which they later cheaped out on and went to plastic. Having the corner protectors (metal or plastic) will prevent the legs or those hardish protectors from even touching the cabinet.

So in summery....your plastic protectors are fine. As long as you didn't remove the plastic corner protectors that were there from the factory....you can leave them there and it won't hurt (or even touch) the cabinet.

#221 4 years ago

Finally got a descent score of 126 million, took almost 200 games to get there though!

IMG_20190514_173545 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_173545 (resized).jpg
#222 4 years ago

I just joined the club! Thank you project pinball.

Screenshot_20190514-185248_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190514-185248_Gallery (resized).jpg
#223 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I just joined the club! Thank you project pinball.
[quoted image]

You got my game. Congratulations on the win. Nothing better than winning a game. I know, I got Iron Maiden because of them. Have fun with your new toy. I love playing it on location.

#224 4 years ago

LE owners please post your machine # when you receive it.

#225 4 years ago

My LE comes tomorrow. Does anyone sell clear plastic protectors yet? How about Cliffy protectors? Anyone adding mylar or other protection want to share?

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My LE comes tomorrow. Does anyone sell clear plastic protectors yet? How about Cliffy protectors? Anyone adding mylar or other protection want to share?

Who did you buy it from?

#228 4 years ago

Bought the pro version on demo at Allentown from the Tilt guys. My second machine overall and complements my BK2K. Loving it so far but it is definitely a tough machine that isn't as forgiving as others. It is making me a better player I think. As this is my first new machine I'm not familiar with having to update the software so this forum has been insightful. I will have to check to see what version I'm running. Thanks to everyone for their collective knowledge here.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from BKRay2K:

Bought the pro version on demo at Allentown from the Tilt guys. My second machine overall and complements my BK2K. Loving it so far but it is definitely a tough machine that isn't as forgiving as others. It is making me a better player I think. As this is my first new machine I'm not familiar with having to update the software so this forum has been insightful. I will have to check to see what version I'm running. Thanks to everyone for their collective knowledge here.

I played a few games on that very machine and loved it. Tilt was great as well; I ended up with more things that I didn't know I needed

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

LE owners please post your machine # when you receive it.

Why do you want to know the number?

#231 4 years ago

Got just over 150mil today. Almost 3x my previous high. My first time in classic mode, what a blast!

#232 4 years ago

Got the word from Project pinball today machine ships out Monday or Tuesday, so a week at the most I should have it.

#233 4 years ago

Black Knight LE #11 is in the house at Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA! Can't wait to shoot it tonight!

123951(41) (resized).jpg123951(41) (resized).jpg123951(42) (resized).jpg123951(42) (resized).jpg

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Why do you want to know the number?

Just think itd be fun to see who got what #.

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Black Knight LE #11 is in the house at Helicon Brewing in Oakdale PA! Can't wait to shoot it tonight!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now thats a good #

#235 4 years ago

Arrived at the castle today. BK3LE #127. Good Times. Pictures to come. Some old and some new.

Kudos to Fun! Billiards and Gameroom Superstore in Mesquite, Texas for a turnkey purchase.

IMG_4235 (resized).JPGIMG_4235 (resized).JPG
#236 4 years ago

Just put black mirror blades on my BK Pro. There are actually three fire pits in the first two pics.

Just wanted to share

IMG_5174 (resized).JPGIMG_5174 (resized).JPGIMG_5161 (resized).JPGIMG_5161 (resized).JPGIMG_5170 (resized).JPGIMG_5170 (resized).JPGIMG_5176 (resized).JPGIMG_5176 (resized).JPG

#237 4 years ago

“Go home to your mama Maggot!!”

Black Knight for the call out of the year!!!

#238 4 years ago

BK3 is in the house.

Tough game. Good, with the potential to be very good. I’m very pleased where DP landed with 1.02. I’m hopeful that BK3 follows the same path.

I have had the ball get stuck under the upper play field flipper several times. There is a groove there for the flipper and the ball gets stuck in the channel. You can’t free it with the flipper alone, but ball search frees it with the shaker motor.

2F60AC96-9564-46FC-8504-04BD55062DFD (resized).jpeg2F60AC96-9564-46FC-8504-04BD55062DFD (resized).jpeg

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Just put black mirror blades on my BK Pro. There are actually three fire pits in the first two pics.
Just wanted to share
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very very nice. BK pro is the single most applicable and I’d argue necessary even, machine for mirrors. My god there is soooo much sidewall.

#240 4 years ago

#319 delivered Tuesday. Can someone tell me how to spell night and get to classic mode???

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

#319 delivered Tuesday. Can someone tell me how to spell night and get to classic mode???

KNIGHT!

#242 4 years ago

Buwahahahaa - ok, can some one tell me how to spell K-N-I-G-H-T?

#243 4 years ago

I get it very often and I couldn’t tell you how I’ve scored a single letter, it’s not clear at all. Sometimes it seems to come during a mode successful shot, sometimes with WAR lanes... maybe? *shrugs*... I can’t bring myself to google the rule sheet yet, I like trying to figure out sometimes.

I will make cards this weekend probably.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Very very nice. BK pro is the single most applicable and I’d argue necessary even, machine for mirrors. My god there is soooo much sidewall.

Waiting for stern to release the inner side art. Mirrors are plan B. Either one should be big improvement

#245 4 years ago

LE #168. So so great. As someone who has a lot of love for the previous two games, this one is ticking all the boxes for me.

45ED7703-34DC-4712-B120-72D5CC5669BD (resized).jpeg45ED7703-34DC-4712-B120-72D5CC5669BD (resized).jpeg
#246 4 years ago

There is a rule sheet in progress at tilt forums. You get knight letters for different accomplishments, such as getting to a certain number of shots in a mode, collecting super jackpots, war hurryups, etc.

#247 4 years ago

I took the day off today to wait for my LE arrival. Trying to figure out which game moves to the garage to make room.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There is a rule sheet in progress at tilt forums. You get knight letters for different accomplishments, such as getting to a certain number of shots in a mode, collecting super jackpots, war hurryups, etc.

Thanks I’ll look it up eventually. Wondering if there are specific things I should be doing once I get KNIGH in order to complete. Also wondering if one tactic can be spammed (doubt that).

My distro had a small snafu with stern so my LE won’t land at My Parents Basement until next week. Super jealous of you gals and guys receiving yours already!

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

LE #168. So so great. As someone who has a lot of love for the previous two games, this one is ticking all the boxes for me.

How are you liking the upper playfield so far?

#250 4 years ago

Is the upper lock only a lock or does it open up to be used as a shot/ramp that lets the ball go thru it without it locking...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/5?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.