IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.
#2801 3 years ago

Just ordered a topper, being made in September run

#2802 3 years ago

That topper is incredible. Congrats to all of you who were able to get one.

#2803 3 years ago

I just received mine today. I ordered from FUN! around mid March, right before the shutdown. Thanks to Craig and Steve for getting that done!

Its hard to play now because I want to watch the topper. He told me to stop playing with my phone while I was taking this:

Topper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#2804 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just ordered one from coin taker,sad they just recieved a shipment.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered one from CT. We’ll see when it shows up.

#2805 3 years ago

I ordered my BKSOR topper from LSOG prior to pandemic and recieved it yesterday. Easiest install! 4 screws, 2 plug ins and a update WHAM! ITS ALIVE!!!
best topper ever!!!!!

#2806 3 years ago

Super legit ya’ll. This is the best Stern topper ever. Amaze-balls!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2807 3 years ago

just got my topper....holy fak! BEST TOPPER EVER!!!

#2808 3 years ago
3F8312C6-3B45-43CC-8883-4478B9782F3A (resized).jpeg3F8312C6-3B45-43CC-8883-4478B9782F3A (resized).jpeg
#2810 3 years ago

I finally managed to reach RANSOM (second retro Knight mode) today. Only took 1474 games to achieve..

It's a better mode than the first retro mode I think. The scoring goals are outlined in the mode intro and has an extra ball is on offer. Shot points could be boosted making the mode worth more (it is a mini wizard mode after all). Only down side is it's a timed mode, which is somewhat frustrating given the sheer difficulty in reaching it - you're only able to play it for 60 seconds before all balls are forced to drain

Interestingly there's a mode total displayed after the timer runs out, but no corresponding high score entry to put your name against (on the off chance you actually manage to reach it ).

Now that I've been able to play it, I think making it more accessible to players for some multiball variety (especially on the Pro) is an absolute must. I don't think it needs to hide behind the first retro knight mode either and instead allow the player to choose which one they trigger.

#2811 3 years ago

Holy cats, 1474 games to see RANSOM. I'll probably never see it as the Knight beats my butt a lot.

#2812 3 years ago

On Friday i received this awesome game; Premium version, dedicated to our pinball club in Sundsvall Sweden. Could not mount it until yesterday and i must say it exceeds the expectations so far. Not too many games run yet, but what a game! Topper is as many others say really awesome!

IMG_9791 (resized).jpgIMG_9791 (resized).jpg

#2813 3 years ago

Anyone get any notices yet this week of Toppers? Or has the latest run already finished being shipped? I'm thinking I have to wait for another run to get mine. Ugh...Stern.

#2814 3 years ago

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone get any notices yet this week of Toppers? Or has the latest run already finished being shipped? I'm thinking I have to wait for another run to get mine. Ugh...Stern.

Ugh Stern is right. I honestly don’t understand how they are still a going concern. I have been waiting for a few simple plastics and a hex post for my BKSOR since FEBRUARY! I’ve send no less than 15-20 emails, and of course you can’t call, it’s just a message that hangs up on you, LOL.
The best part is, after tons of emails since February, I finally got a reply back saying my stuff was shipping...it arrived missing one piece and the other two pieces were wrong. Unreal.

#2816 3 years ago

Just received the topper--any recommendations where to buy a larger plume/feather?

#2817 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ugh Stern is right. I honestly don’t understand how they are still a going concern. I have been waiting for a few simple plastics and a hex post for my BKSOR since FEBRUARY! I’ve send no less than 15-20 emails, and of course you can’t call, it’s just a message that hangs up on you, LOL.
The best part is, after tons of emails since February, I finally got a reply back saying my stuff was shipping...it arrived missing one piece and the other two pieces were wrong. Unreal.

That it isn‘t complete is a bummer.

That you really sent 20 emails regarding a topper during a global pandemic halt is a bit unreal tough.

#2818 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Just received the topper--any recommendations where to buy a larger plume/feather?

I got mine at Hobby Lobby. Found it in the area around the floral picks. If you go to the section of the store where they sell craft elements like ribbon, you can find feathers, but none like the big plumes in the floral area.

You may have to cut it down to size depending on the ceiling height above your game and you'll still have to thicken the stem to secure it firmly in that ingenious (ugh) feather mount in the knight's head, but the effect is well worth the effort.
My Feather (resized).jpgMy Feather (resized).jpg

#2819 3 years ago

New to club, two weeks I believe. Wanting to put sling and lane protector on. Whats a good choice of color. Fluorescent Orange Protector,
Fluorescent Yellow Protector,
Fluorescent Red Protector.
Blue, Green or what looks best.
Thanks

20200811_155022 (resized).jpg20200811_155022 (resized).jpg
#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

New to club, two weeks I believe. Wanting to put sling and lane protector on. Whats a good choice of color. Fluorescent Orange Protector,
Fluorescent Yellow Protector,
Fluorescent Red Protector.
Blue, Green or what looks best.
Thanks
[quoted image]

In my opinion clear always looks best. Why change the original colors of the plastics to a single washed out color?

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

In my opinion clear always looks best. Why change the original colors of the plastics to a single washed out color?

Wish I could give this like 6 thumbs up. Colored protectors kill the art just as bad as color bombed LEDs.

#2822 3 years ago

Ok, clear is Clearly the winner. Thanks.
Just want to remove the big washer under the slings and use the protectors.

#2823 3 years ago

Starting to think I've also missed this latest batch of toppers from LSOG. Seems like any they got have all shipped now.

#2824 3 years ago

Some more topper action then...

#2825 3 years ago

I'm being told by a distributor that these are no longer being made. Is this true?
If this is true, wouldn't most of the online vendors who show this item for sale, and show it out of stock, remove it from their website?

#2826 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Starting to think I've also missed this latest batch of toppers from LSOG. Seems like any they got have all shipped now.

Me too...hopefully next batch for me. Ordered early April.

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That it isn‘t complete is a bummer.
That you really sent 20 emails regarding a topper during a global pandemic halt is a bit unreal tough.

I said nothing about sending 20 emails about a topper (I sent none...just found one in stock and ordered, then received 2 days later back in March). These are BKSOR plastics and a post that failed under normal home use.

If you had parts you were waiting on since February, and the phone number literally hangs up on everyone automatically, you really think it’s odd that I have ~20 emails sent over a SIX MONTH period of waiting? I’d say it’s not nearly enough. I expect slightly better after buying numerous NiB Sterns.

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I said nothing about sending 20 emails about a topper

Then I misread that, sorry. No need to hate.

#2829 3 years ago

Chas over at Stern just passed away this week. There's going to be no customer service now.

#2830 3 years ago

Another meat bag joined the club this week. Who would have thought finding a larger feather would be harder than scoring the topper lol.

34999F15-7721-4FC8-8B40-B0DC7DF968E6 (resized).jpeg34999F15-7721-4FC8-8B40-B0DC7DF968E6 (resized).jpeg
#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Another meat bag joined the club this week. Who would have thought finding a larger feather would be harder than scoring the topper lol.
[quoted image]

This is what I got for mine, but I like TheRudyB’s recommendation better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DQXRV5Z

#2832 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Chas over at Stern just passed away this week. There's going to be no customer service now.

Shocking news. I only had the need to speak with tech support once (last year) and it was Chas. Super friendly and professional.

Here's a tribute thread I found: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chas-an-amazing-tech-support-engineer-at-stern-has-passed-away-

#2833 3 years ago

I went w/ the 8-10 inchers
1FA54F86-DEF4-47CC-814B-8CCB2F5C5AC9 (resized).jpeg1FA54F86-DEF4-47CC-814B-8CCB2F5C5AC9 (resized).jpeg

#2834 3 years ago

Anybody have a BKSOR Premium/LE within a couple hours drive of Bay Area California that would be interested in an (original owner HUO) BKSOR Pro + cash (or straight sale, if price is right)?

Here's some of the mods:
Mirror blades
Flipper Fidelity speakers / sub
Interactive (with flashers) Undercab LEDs
Knocker kit
Shaker moter
Tilt graphics BKSOR PlayField Accent Decals
Red and white LEDs under ramp (interactive with GI)
Mezel mods Flail cover
Colored gels for inserts
Clear flipper buttons (I haven't gotten around to LEDing them yet

#2835 3 years ago

Let's get the new code out already! We have waited long enough.

#2836 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Me too...hopefully next batch for me. Ordered early April.

Mine was ordered March 16, so I must have just missed out on the last batch annoyingly as I swear there were other March orders who got theirs.

#2837 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I said nothing about sending 20 emails about a topper (I sent none...just found one in stock and ordered, then received 2 days later back in March). These are BKSOR plastics and a post that failed under normal home use.
If you had parts you were waiting on since February, and the phone number literally hangs up on everyone automatically, you really think it’s odd that I have ~20 emails sent over a SIX MONTH period of waiting? I’d say it’s not nearly enough. I expect slightly better after buying numerous NiB Sterns.

Curious of what you ordered?

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman68:

Curious of what you ordered?

1. Plastic 07 (the one over the left drop target leading to the VUK) cracked from an air ball landing on it. In a bit of bitter irony, I ordered a plastic protector for that left plastic, and it protects the entire area EXCEPT for the spot that’s cracked lol. I think the protector is only meant for the Pro because I had to drill a missing screw hole, and I believe the protector is cut out (right where I need it) because the Pro has a spinner there. Would be nice if someone produced a version for the Prem/LE that covers this weak spot over the single drop target. For some reason they skipped sending this even though Pat wrote it very clearly right on the PO paper that was in with packing.

2. Hex nut thing (long post with the male threads), a part used in a million Stern games, that I had to remove to replace my broken catapult chute (the welds separated). When reattaching it, the tiny male threads snapped off. I’ve read this is a common issue and they handle next to no torque before failing...lesson learned to hand tighten only. They sent me a female instead of a male.

3. The catapult plastics (pieces 47 and 48)...the top one where you can see the catapult balls resting cracked 47 from balls whipping up the chute. This is the second time it’s happened to me. Minor crack but annoying nonetheless. The problem is, the first time, stern sent me a loose 47 (the top one that cracked). I then realized those two parts 47 and 48 are RIVETED together from the factory! I took the time to carefully drill out the rivets of the old assembly and only barely melt the surrounding plastic. Then I found tiny screws and nuts (have to be VERY SHORT to not hit the optos) and drilled the L brackets And plastics to accommodate. A huge pain but successfully reconstructed a working version. After installing that, the top one 47 cracked yet again. After very clearly explaining to Stern (since Feb) that I need a factory riveted assembled 47 and 48 (they asked for pictures and clarity no less than 3 times), I was yet again sent loose 47 and 48 pieces lol.

So, I never got an 07, they sent a female hex bolt thing instead of a male, and I got a non-riveted 47 and 48 catapult cover. Not good!

Thankfully this is all cosmetic stuff (I found a matching thread long screw to replace the hex nut thing...frankly a better design and function all around anyway), but I can’t imagine if anyone has a game-stopping or severely impactful problem, what support they are getting (if any). I realize there is a pandemic shutdown, but come on, they have zero problem cranking out NiB machines still, so you know the parts are there for recent games like BKSOR.

On a related note, It is a HUGE and extremely sad loss of Chas. He was the main man that helped many times with Stern issues for years prior. I’m sure he helped many of us. The group over there is small enough that this is, first and foremost, likely an incredibly emotional loss. Then in the longer term, a large void to fill for a knowledgeable support person.

#2839 3 years ago

Mezco toys just came out with a death dealer one:12 would look awesome next to the pin!

#2840 3 years ago
F9765A54-9867-473B-AAA7-6CE5B9617554 (resized).pngF9765A54-9867-473B-AAA7-6CE5B9617554 (resized).png
#2841 3 years ago
Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

Mezco toys just came out with a death dealer one:12 would look awesome next to the pin!

What are the dimensions? I don’t see them listed on the website. I don’t see them listed on the website.

#2842 3 years ago

Lately on my game the ball got stuck under the gate behind the shield. The game is leveled and at 6.9. More and more games the ball getting stuck now, don't know why. I tried Steve Ritchies fix and bended the metal spring that is on the gate way up. It has no effect on the behavier. Now I think it could be connected to the Playfieldprotector that I have. The plastic of the protector is quite thick and I am playing with the thought to throw the protector out of the game, so the ball has more room to travel through under the gate?
Or is here somebody that also had problems with the ball stuck under the gate and found a better solution to it?

#2843 3 years ago

Topper received and installed today

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What are the dimensions? I don’t see them listed on the website. I don’t see them listed on the website.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE DEATH DEALER FIGURE FEATURES:
One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
Two (2) head portraits with light-up eyes
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 17cm tall
Eight (8) interchangeable hands
Two (2) pairs of posing hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of weapon holding hands (L&R)
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)

#2845 3 years ago

Got my topper last week. TOTALLY awesome!! What surprised me the most was all the new callouts that were apparently activated by the topper!

#2846 3 years ago

Any idea when the next run will be? Heard there was a September run coming. Hoping there is another run this month.

#2847 3 years ago

Holy Crap! I just got a shipping notice from LSOG for my topper!

#2848 3 years ago

My topper just arrived.... Gonna be a fun night!

#2849 3 years ago

Just got my topper. Now to find a used pro

#2850 3 years ago

got my topper also epic service from cointaker! PA to the UK in two days!

Marcospec had them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/57?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.