IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 112.
#2751 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My friend just got his BK and he has that upper flipper issue happening. I can’t remember what the fix was for this. Does anyone have a link to the instructions that fix they released?
[quoted image]

Not sure if that's what your looking for but: post #1039

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/21

#2752 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My friend just got his BK and he has that upper flipper issue happening. I can’t remember what the fix was for this. Does anyone have a link to the instructions that fix they released?

Is this what you're looking for? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/41#post-5416836

#2753 3 years ago

I just received my topper this evening. Installation was simple, but I'm not sure it's working properly. Everything in the topper lights up at times, but the head hasn't moved once in five games. Is there a setting I need to turn on, or any other ideas?

#2754 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I just received my topper this evening. Installation was simple, but I'm not sure it's working properly. Everything in the topper lights up at times, but the head hasn't moved once in five games. Is there a setting I need to turn on, or any other ideas?

Usual Support question 1: Are you running the latest code?
(Topper Support is only in the lastest update)

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

When/where did you order?

#2756 3 years ago

I got my topper from Trent at Tilt Amusements. I think I ordered it in the back half of May. It sure took a while. I suspect there will be a flurry of toppers delivered in the next few days.

I'll check to see if I'm behind on code. Thanks DS_Nadine!

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll check to see if I'm behind on code.

Yep, I just found out that I was guilty of dereliction of game code update duty. I guess there's a first for everything. Thanks for the advice. The topper is amazing now! It really seems like it's talking to you. Whoever coded in the topper movements really hit a home run.

#2758 3 years ago

No, unfortunately that doesn’t look like it. I thought there was a service bulletin where the upper playfield flipper was basically assembled in the wrong order. I recall it needing something like a plastic washer or a disassembly to stack the parts in the correct order.

Thank you and Bagdad for the responses. I’ll keep looking. Also he will contact stern tomorrow.

#2759 3 years ago

Hi, new to the BKSOR, was wondering how the end of game works when you get unlimited balls and need to shoot the catapult lock on the LE? Is that a mode? How to achieve that?

#2760 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hi, new to the BKSOR, was wondering how the end of game works when you get unlimited balls and need to shoot the catapult lock on the LE? Is that a mode? How to achieve that?

It is a consolation mode if you drain the last ball from the outline and haven't started Catapult MB yet. You get limited time to lock the remaining balls on the upper playfield. The jackpot counts down with time but can also be built up by hitting the loop. If you lock the 3rd ball before time runs out you get the MB with whatever jackpot you had locked in when it started.

#2761 3 years ago

Thanks! Such great things in this machine

#2762 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Thanks! Such great things in this machine

yes, it's another sequel/tribute to the "last chance" in the 1st Black Knight...

#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

[quoted image]

There are a couple parts Stern will send you to fix it. I got the kit, but once I took the flipper mech apart, it turned out a washer and spacer were swapped and that was causing it. If I can dig out a photo, I’ll edit and add it for reference.

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

No, unfortunately that doesn’t look like it. I thought there was a service bulletin where the upper playfield flipper was basically assembled in the wrong order. I recall it needing something like a plastic washer or a disassembly to stack the parts in the correct order.
Thank you and bagdad for the responses. I’ll keep looking. Also he will contact stern tomorrow.

There was a service bulletin for one of the plastic pieces in the upper playfield, but I don't recall one specifically for the stacking order/missing washer for the upper playfield flipper. On my machine, the washer was there but stacked in the wrong order (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/37#post-5367034).

Here's some text from Steve Ritchie himself that someone posted earlier in this thread:

If a ball is stuck behind the upper right flipper on the white plastic “ironing board” shaped plastic, you are missing the metal washer in the “flipper stack” consisting of a 2” long clear small diameter spacer, a fat white nylon spacer, a metal washer between the fat spacer and the ironing board from bottom to top. Some games got out without the metal washer. Use a metal washer (with a ¼” inner diameter, and just about any outer diameter under ¾”) and insert into the stack on the flipper shaft between the fat nylon spacer and the ironing board. Here’s how to do it:

* You do not have to remove the plastic upper playfield.*

Remove all 6 balls from the lower trough. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox making sure that it is stable, (check the manual) then loosen the upper right flipper shaft clamping block (on the bottom of the wood playfield) with a 5/32” hex (Allen) wrench allowing a bit of rotational and up and down movement of the flipper shaft. Use your manual to locate assemblies if you don’t know the names of the parts I’m mentioning.

Lay the playfield back down on the playfield support brackets. Pull the playfield toward the front of the game until the round rubber feet on the playfield support brackets are securely in the hand protector trough. Carefully prop up the rear of the playfield with an 18” long piece of 2X4 or other prop using the cabinet floor and a blank spot on the bottom of the playfield so that the entire flipper stack is visible and within your reach from the right side of the game.

Slowly pull the loosened flipper shaft upward, freeing up the different parts of the flipper stack, and removing them carefully. Remove the flipper shaft pulling upward. When you have the flipper removed from the game, slide the ironing board on the shaft, then slide the new metal washer up the shaft under the ironing board, then the fat white nylon bushing, then the clear plastic bushing onto the shaft, and feed the lower tip of the flipper shaft through the plastic upper playfield and back into the flipper bushing on and through the lower wood playfield. Guide the ironing board into the flipper-shaped hole in the plastic upper playfield. Remove the playfield prop and lower the rear of the playfield onto the playfield cabinet rails. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox while holding the upper right flipper in place. Feed the flipper shaft through the flipper clamp block and tighten just enough so that you can still rotate and move the flipper up and down in the clamp block.

Next, the goal is to have zero up and down play in the upper right flipper assembly. Locate the plastic flipper body over the ironing board and aligned the flipper with it on all sides. Push down on the flipper and up on the clamping block until there is zero up and down movement of the flipper. Tighten the hex screw with the 5/32” Allen wrench lower the playfield back into the company and check for flipper alignment and up and down end play. The ball will no longer stay stuck behind the upper right flipper. There will still be enough up and down play due to the flexiblity and softness of the plastic parts in the stack.

#2765 3 years ago

New code is needed for this game.

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

New code is needed for this game.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

There was a service bulletin for one of the plastic pieces in the upper playfield, but I don't recall one specifically for the stacking order/missing washer for the upper playfield flipper. On my machine, the washer was there but stacked in the wrong order (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/37#post-5367034).
Here's some text from Steve Ritchie himself that someone posted earlier in this thread:
If a ball is stuck behind the upper right flipper on the white plastic “ironing board” shaped plastic, you are missing the metal washer in the “flipper stack” consisting of a 2” long clear small diameter spacer, a fat white nylon spacer, a metal washer between the fat spacer and the ironing board from bottom to top. Some games got out without the metal washer. Use a metal washer (with a ¼” inner diameter, and just about any outer diameter under ¾”) and insert into the stack on the flipper shaft between the fat nylon spacer and the ironing board. Here’s how to do it:
* You do not have to remove the plastic upper playfield.*
Remove all 6 balls from the lower trough. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox making sure that it is stable, (check the manual) then loosen the upper right flipper shaft clamping block (on the bottom of the wood playfield) with a 5/32” hex (Allen) wrench allowing a bit of rotational and up and down movement of the flipper shaft. Use your manual to locate assemblies if you don’t know the names of the parts I’m mentioning.
Lay the playfield back down on the playfield support brackets. Pull the playfield toward the front of the game until the round rubber feet on the playfield support brackets are securely in the hand protector trough. Carefully prop up the rear of the playfield with an 18” long piece of 2X4 or other prop using the cabinet floor and a blank spot on the bottom of the playfield so that the entire flipper stack is visible and within your reach from the right side of the game.
Slowly pull the loosened flipper shaft upward, freeing up the different parts of the flipper stack, and removing them carefully. Remove the flipper shaft pulling upward. When you have the flipper removed from the game, slide the ironing board on the shaft, then slide the new metal washer up the shaft under the ironing board, then the fat white nylon bushing, then the clear plastic bushing onto the shaft, and feed the lower tip of the flipper shaft through the plastic upper playfield and back into the flipper bushing on and through the lower wood playfield. Guide the ironing board into the flipper-shaped hole in the plastic upper playfield. Remove the playfield prop and lower the rear of the playfield onto the playfield cabinet rails. Carefully lift the playfield and stand it up against the backbox while holding the upper right flipper in place. Feed the flipper shaft through the flipper clamp block and tighten just enough so that you can still rotate and move the flipper up and down in the clamp block.
Next, the goal is to have zero up and down play in the upper right flipper assembly. Locate the plastic flipper body over the ironing board and aligned the flipper with it on all sides. Push down on the flipper and up on the clamping block until there is zero up and down movement of the flipper. Tighten the hex screw with the 5/32” Allen wrench lower the playfield back into the company and check for flipper alignment and up and down end play. The ball will no longer stay stuck behind the upper right flipper. There will still be enough up and down play due to the flexiblity and softness of the plastic parts in the stack.

This was it! TY.

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:New code is needed for this game.

Is there talk of forthcoming code ,do we think there will be more code to come or is it like Munsters where it is unlikely?
I Don’t know it that well and games could always be improved but it seem pretty good to me!

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is there talk of forthcoming code ,do we think there will be more code to come or is it like Munsters where it is unlikely?
I Don’t know it that well and games could always be improved but it seem pretty good to me!

The only comment I've seen from Tim was along the lines of wanting to see the game in action at comps before deciding on anything.

Have a read back through this thread for some good constructive feedback on the current state of the rules and its short comings. It's a good game for sure but held back by a number of things due to the current state of the code.

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is this you Tim. It must be.

#2771 3 years ago
FCEA766A-9B88-4A5F-A420-54003C876BF4 (resized).jpegFCEA766A-9B88-4A5F-A420-54003C876BF4 (resized).jpeg7A21D492-8A83-463D-AEC1-BEB7C6C0B757 (resized).jpeg7A21D492-8A83-463D-AEC1-BEB7C6C0B757 (resized).jpeg
#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't know of any new code coming out. The game is fun but would be much more enjoyable if there were more multiballs, especially on the pro model. The game does not have any mini mode objectives and is too repetitive.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I don't know of any new code coming out. The game is fun but would be much more enjoyable if there were more multiballs, especially on the pro model. The game does not have any mini mode objectives and is too repetitive.

Knight Multiball, tripple Knight Multiball, Knight/ Retro Multiball, Ransom/ Retro Multiball, Rage/ Wizard Multiball

#2774 3 years ago

Got my topper today and it’s is amazing.... hope everyone is getting theirs as well !!

#2775 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Got my topper today and it’s is amazing.... hope everyone is getting theirs as well !!

Who did you order from, if you don't mind my asking?

#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Knight Multiball, tripple Knight Multiball, Knight/ Retro Multiball, Ransom/ Retro Multiball, Rage/ Wizard Multiball

I think the issue around the multiballs on the Pro is the fact that Ransom and Rage are so difficult to reach, very few people ever experience them.

Being close to 1500 games on my pro now I've never experienced Ransom and only reached Rage once.

That leaves most people on the pro with just Triple Knight and Retro multiball. The fact retro mode has no real rules for the shots and relies on a lot of set up before starting (that can be wiped out and not recoverable), you're not left with much of a mode. Triple Knight is good though and is enjoyable to play (although I think the shot values could be increased).

I would like to see another smaller 2 ball multiball mode added on the Pro as there's room for it. That requires additional code, sounds, call outs, music and art. Maybe there are assets that were cut that could be repurposed here? But it is a little bit of work to coordinate all that to implement, so I understand if there's reluctance from Tim to make that happen. I think at a minimum though, the multiball feel of Black Knight can be improved by:

- Fix Retro mode rules so the mode is rewarding to shoot.
- Make Ransom much more accessible to players (Knight letters are currently too difficult to come by and most will never spell it a second time).
- Remove the silly 1 shot chance at Black Castle to help make Rage more accessible. It's crazy that you can fail this mode from your first shot off the flipper and be sent back to the start. This also allows people to enjoy the Black Castle mode more which is one of the most enjoyable boss battles in the game.

That increases the achievable multi balls to 3 (Triple Knight, Retro, Ransom) and brings Rage more within reach if you can make it to the Black Castle. Fixing Retro and making it a properly fleshed out multiball will give it a rewarding feeling when playing and help negate any need for an extra mode. I'm not sure what the rules are like in Ransom - if this is bare like Retro, then it too needs addressing.

#2777 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Being close to 1500 games on my pro now I've never experienced Ransom and only reached Rage once.

I don’t think I’ve seen either of these on my pro either. Perhaps they can make an adjustable setting to reduce the difficulty of starting them.

I’d really like to for there to be a good tutorial of the pro. Bowen would be ideal really.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bowen would be ideal really.

Bowen is/would be ideal on every pin

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I think the issue around the multiballs on the Pro is the fact that Ransom and Rage are so difficult to reach, very few people ever experience them.
That leaves most people on the pro with just Triple Knight and Retro multiball. The fact retro mode has no real rules for the shots and relies on a lot of set up before starting (that can be wiped out and not recoverable), you're not left with much of a mode. Triple Knight is good though and is enjoyable to play (although I think the shot values could be increased).
I would like to see another smaller 2 ball multiball mode added on the Pro as there's room for it. That requires additional code, sounds, call outs, music and art. Maybe there are assets that were cut that could be repurposed here? But it is a little bit of work to coordinate all that to implement, so I understand if there's reluctance from Tim to make that happen. I think at a minimum though, the multiball feel of Black Knight can be improved by:
- Fix Retro mode rules so the mode is rewarding to shoot.
- Make Ransom much more accessible to players (Knight letters are currently too difficult to come by and most will never spell it a second time).
- Remove the silly 1 shot chance at Black Castle to help make Rage more accessible. It's crazy that you can fail this mode from your first shot off the flipper and be sent back to the start. This also allows people to enjoy the Black Castle mode more which is one of the most enjoyable boss battles in the game.
That increases the achievable multi balls to 3 (Triple Knight, Retro, Ransom) and brings Rage more within reach if you can make it to the Black Castle. Fixing Retro and making it a properly fleshed out multiball will give it a rewarding feeling when playing and help negate any need for an extra mode. I'm not sure what the rules are like in Ransom - if this is bare like Retro, then it too needs addressing.

Excellent post. Triple Knight and Retro multiball are the only two somewhat achievable ones.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Excellent post. Triple Knight and Retro multiball are the only two somewhat achievable ones.

Really enlightening to read these last several posts. I feel better now. I just thought I was a really lousy player!

#2781 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone have a link to the instructions that fix they released?

sorry I don't have or know of the link you're asking for, but can tell you mine did the same. I simply removed the flipper/rod from the linkage underneath the playfield, then thoroughly cleaned out the sleeves it passes thru. Works like new again. There are a couple of small washers that fell out into the cabinet when I removed the rod, so tell your buddy to keep an eye out for those if he does this.

#2782 3 years ago

Topper just shipped!!!!!

Ordered February 27 through LSOG.

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Topper just shipped!!!!!
Ordered February 27 through LSOG.

Just got notice from LSOG that mine shipped too!

Ordered 2/26. Being in Florida, there is a chance it will get here tomorrow.

#2784 3 years ago

Just got mine from Zach and FlipNOut pinball. Shipped it on Friday and came in via FedEx. It arrived in great shape and super easy to install with instructions even on how to install the helmet feather. It’s real interactive and really makes the pin. The best part is at the end game credits when it shows the skeleton on the turntable being swung around in circles while the knight throws the axe. When the skeleton is spinning, the knights head on topper spins around as well like he’s watching the skeleton spin. Changes colors according to the creature you’re fighting as well. Nice touch.

I ordered mine in February of 2020, so just wanted to let the topper buyers know they are being shipped now and you’re going to love it.

0D4BE196-EC11-44B6-95C8-32263112A53B (resized).jpeg0D4BE196-EC11-44B6-95C8-32263112A53B (resized).jpeg4FC76B5D-BE70-4EFC-B82C-DFA035EE1F54 (resized).jpeg4FC76B5D-BE70-4EFC-B82C-DFA035EE1F54 (resized).jpegAA977A9E-C872-4E45-AE63-71BCC390E1D2 (resized).jpegAA977A9E-C872-4E45-AE63-71BCC390E1D2 (resized).jpegCFC5FC37-49E6-4E7F-9953-9B3E2EEC152C (resized).jpegCFC5FC37-49E6-4E7F-9953-9B3E2EEC152C (resized).jpeg
#2785 3 years ago

Okay, so I loaded some pics of my grand daughter besides the topper. She’s cuter anyway!

#2786 3 years ago
7B3ADD03-E54A-41DC-8E15-6B0859523030 (resized).jpeg7B3ADD03-E54A-41DC-8E15-6B0859523030 (resized).jpegC373265A-3F9D-45D7-BEDC-4DF7538DD4BC (resized).jpegC373265A-3F9D-45D7-BEDC-4DF7538DD4BC (resized).jpeg
#2787 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Just got mine from Zach and FlipNOut pinball. (Thank you Mr and Mrs Meny) Shipped on Friday via FedEx and arrived today in great shape and super easy to install, with instructions even on how to mount the feather in the helmet. Very interactive and really makes the pin, changing colors depending on the creature you’re fighting as well.

My favorite part is at the end credit when the topper head rolls around as he tries to watch the spinning skeleton on the round table, just before the knight throws the axe. Nice touch! I like it better than the Munsters topper in regards to integration, but they both do a fantastic job.

#2788 3 years ago

So my upper flipper started sticking too.I had everything in order...thick spacer,washer,apron.My problem was the stack was too tightly assembled.Adding 1/8 clearance by moving the flipper up solved it.

#2789 3 years ago

Ordered topper in April, hope mine is in this batch.

#2790 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ordered topper in April, hope mine is in this batch.

Likewise for my March 16th order. If your April one is, mine had better be!

#2791 3 years ago

OK, who wants to make a few bucks (we all do, right)? I want a topper and will pay a premuim. Send PM.

#2792 3 years ago

Just got my topper today ... WOW! Best topper ever, and it works great!

#2793 3 years ago

My auto launcher works great to start the game and launches it to the upper playfield but when I start multiball or play for awhile it will only launch it up halfway in the shooter lane and won't make it to the upper playfield, any thoughts?

#2794 3 years ago

Ordered my topper from LSOG February 27. It just shipped on Monday. Sounds like these are finally getting delivered to long awaiting customers. I hope the wait was worth it.

Thanks LSOG, I never had a doubt you guys would come thru.

#2795 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

OK, who wants to make a few bucks (we all do, right)? I want a topper and will pay a premuim. Send PM.

Not when they're this much of a PIA to get a hold of thanks! Almost easier to buy a R&M spot than one of these suckers

#2796 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Not when they're this much of a PIA to get a hold of thanks! Almost easier to buy a R&M spot than one of these suckers

Fair 'nough! But I'll pay dearly!

#2797 3 years ago

I just ordered one from coin taker,sad they just recieved a shipment.

#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just ordered one from cointaker,sad they just recieved a shipment.

#2799 3 years ago

20200805_155859 (resized).jpg20200805_155859 (resized).jpg

#2800 3 years ago

anyone know who has extras?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/56?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.