IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 112.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It's available on LP form on eBay. Not cheap though.

Link?

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It's available on LP form on eBay. Not cheap though.

Thank you but I don't want the vinyl, just a copy of the digital version

#2703 3 years ago

$75 BIN is the cheapest ebay.com link: sch

#2705 3 years ago

Just checked with LSOG. No word from Stern when they will be shipping toppers.

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Thank you but I don't want the vinyl, just a copy of the digital version

The vinyl comes with a digital download. You could always buy it, and sell the vinyl without it.

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

The vinyl comes with a digital download. You could always buy it, and sell the vinyl without it.

That seems like a waste of shipping costs for a download. If you own the record, can you please send me the digital download files?

#2708 3 years ago

thanks to the anonymous pinsider, soundtrack files received. They are 192 kbps MP3

donation (resized).pngdonation (resized).png
#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

thanks to the anonymous pinsider, soundtrack files received. They are 192 kbps MP3
[quoted image]

Plz, me too.

I'll donate as well!

#2710 3 years ago

Well, hat was not really worth it. It's the same length as the pinball browser files. XD

Screenshot_2020-07-21 Spenden (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-07-21 Spenden (resized).png

Still, a promise is a promise!

#2711 3 years ago

Files received, donation made. I also purchased the album on eBay to get the vinyl and full length download.

713EEFC5-B736-4EC6-8FD7-3442353713B2 (resized).jpeg713EEFC5-B736-4EC6-8FD7-3442353713B2 (resized).jpeg
#2712 3 years ago

Cool mod

B3C53DD1-BF47-4D7E-97FA-286D1A3F0C17 (resized).jpegB3C53DD1-BF47-4D7E-97FA-286D1A3F0C17 (resized).jpeg0D1B9D52-ECBA-41D9-A1A2-07D418E13F43 (resized).jpeg0D1B9D52-ECBA-41D9-A1A2-07D418E13F43 (resized).jpeg
#2713 3 years ago

When is the new code coming out?

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is the new code coming out?

Why does this game need new code? Just wondering what is the rage high score for? It surely can’t be getting mystery after mystery after mystery?

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Why does this game need new code? Just wondering what is the rage high score for? It surely can’t be getting mystery after mystery after mystery?

Retro mode is basically ruined (no points value), manga save for bonus collect is not a good implementation, wasted (no value) reverse loop shots up too, lots of useful info still missing from the display, black castle mode should continue after a drain or certainly not restart from square 1. Mini battle mode would be nice.

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Retro mode is basically ruined (no points value), manga save for bonus collect is not a good implementation, wasted (no value) reverse loop shots up too, lots of useful info still missing from the display, black castle mode should continue after a drain or certainly not restart from square 1. Mini battle mode would be nice.

Now that I think about it the goods games I’ve had include a massive catapult super jackpot in the high 100 or early 200m range you add in a few good monsters and you’ve got a 500m game. Triple knight I really only use to beat a monster it’s not worth much.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Pretty much sums it up nicely! I think supers in general play need work too, but that also of ties in with how they feed to retro mode and collection as you mention.

I think the Lich Lords realm requires some tweaking too as the use of the sword for scoring isn't in line with other modes (at least on the Pro - maybe different for Prem/LE).

I'd imagine Tim's attention is now focused on whatever his new project is, but I'm disappointed to not see another update to address at least some of things over the last few months.

#2718 3 years ago

Don’t forget they need to bring back the menacing beast roars! they leveled off the volumes in that last update.

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Don’t forget they need to bring back the menacing beast roars! they leveled off the volumes in that last update.

Indeed!!!!

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I agree with all of these. I feel like the more recent update was in someways a step backward, especially using the magna save to collect the bonus. I feel like we could at least have an option to collect on the left loop like we did before.

I also really don't like those new "butcher" callouts. They sound to me like someone is trying to make fun of an intellectually disabled person, I hope they will at least include the option to turn these off.

#2721 3 years ago

Any ideas on rage champ?

#2722 3 years ago

Any ideas on rage champ?

RAGE multiball is the wizard mode you open once you defeat the Black Knight.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

RAGE multiball is the wizard mode you open once you defeat the Black Knight.

Ah hu!! I thought black castle was going to be the wizard but I guess I was wrong!! Ok time to get to rage multiball!

#2724 3 years ago

Ah hu!! I thought black castle was going to be the wizard but I guess I was wrong!! Ok time to get to rage multiball!

Black Castle is the final battle against the Black Knight, which is just a single ball fight like the monsters as you progress through the realms. The main difference here though (and a common complaint against the game) is you get only one shot at it. The fight is a lot harder than the monsters since you're force to battle the flail and shield, which can so easily send the ball straight down the middle. If the timer runs out or you drain, then you're all the way back to fighting the first monster again. Which really sucks as making it to the Black Castle is an achievement in itself and few people are going to do it twice in the one game.

The music and rules in Black Castle are really enjoyable, so it's a shame this can end so quickly. My experience is on the Pro though, so I'm unsure if the upper playfield can make this mode easier on the Prem/LE models. But still - one shot at the mode is adding an artificial difficulty that doesn't need to be in an already tough game.

I'd like to see the second retro knight mode more accessible in the next update too. With close to 1500 games on my Pro now, I've yet to activate it even once. I've had more success reaching Black Castle and then the final Wizard mode than a mini wizard mode, which doesn't make sense.

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Black Castle is the final battle against the Black Knight, which is just a single ball fight like the monsters as you progress through the realms. The main difference here though (and a common complaint against the game) is you get only one shot at it. The fight is a lot harder than the monsters since you're force to battle the flail and shield, which can so easily send the ball straight down the middle. If the timer runs out or you drain, then you're all the way back to fighting the first monster again. Which really sucks as making it to the Black Castle is an achievement in itself and few people are going to do it twice in the one game.
The music and rules in Black Castle are really enjoyable, so it's a shame this can end so quickly. My experience is on the Pro though, so I'm unsure if the upper playfield can make this mode easier on the Prem/LE models. But still - one shot at the mode is adding an artificial difficulty that doesn't need to be in an already tough game.
I'd like to see the second retro knight mode more accessible in the next update too. With close to 1500 games on my Pro now, I've yet to activate it even once. I've had more success reaching Black Castle and then the final Wizard mode than a mini wizard mode, which doesn't make sense.

Agree 100%. I've had my machine just over a year and only gotten to RAGE once and RANSOM twice I think, and I'd like to think I'm a decent player. Black Castle is a fairly common achievement for me...I'd say 1 or every 10 games or so I can get there. The battle against BK should be hard, but as it is now, it's just too much. It's an amazing mode, but it has way too many shots required, and way too many of them being the three center shots which are all instant death risks. I understand "Play Better", but there is no strategy or skill involved with surviving those three shots...it's literally all luck. At bare minimum, the fight should continue into the next ball like every other fight does. That will not help me much as I rarely get there on anything but my last ball, but it would be something! An instant extra ball for getting to the castle would be a nice bonus, and combined with continuing the fight would be a perfect solution. Still hard, but more manageable. Possibly smart programming of short ball saves when those center shots are required would be nice, but I'd hate to see it get TOO easy. (yeah right ). All this could be managed in the settings to keep people that like the crazy difficulty happy too.

RANSOM I have complained about many times. That's another one where the only practical way to get there is by making tons of the three center shots by doing WAR hurry-ups over and over and over. We all know that's playing with fire. This could be made much more manageable by simply adding more ways to collect letters. Think about HORDE in TWD. There are many ways to earn multikills, which makes HORDE obtainable but I do not think anyone would argue it's too easy to get to. Follow the same philosophy for collecting letters and you'd increase the number of people that can enjoy RANSOM exponentially. At minimum add a letter for completing a super skill shot. As of now, all you get for a super skill shot is a few extra points, but lose out on the easy WAR letter. Not worth it at all. Give me a letter and it would be worth it! Letters could be added for every so many jackpots (or for a super jackpot) in TKC and maybe even Retro. That would make those multiballs more useful than they are now too. Letting WAR hurry-ups happen in Retro would help, but it would take away from the theme of the mode, so I do not think I would want that. You could even give a letter for every so many orbit shots or drop target bank completions...giving you more reason to actually shoot the right side of the playfield.

This is a great game, but honestly as-is it is missing a layer of things to do. This is especially true of the pro, which has a big gap where Catapult multiball should be (and 100% COULD be if they simply mapped the lock shot to the left VUK or something similar). As it is now, two awesome modes are locked behind requirements that only very good players will ever see, and only the elite will enjoy regularly. In a super deep game such as LOTR, TSPP, TWD, etc...it's ok for the final wizard modes to be that far away. For something with the depth/breadth of BK though...it just doesn't leave enough to do for the average player. I honestly think they either need to make those two modes more obtainable, OR add another layer of things to do for those that struggle to get to the end (or...perfect world, both!).

I know I sound like a broken record for those that have read my previous posts, but this is such a fun game, and is SO CLOSE to greatness. I really hope Tim pushes this over that line. Unfortunately seeing the radio silence on this game while we see almost all of the other games released recently get huge update after update makes me start to lose hope. It's a GOOD game as it sits, but it could be a GREAT game with some relatively minor tweaks. (Or course if they want to go huge and give us a second set of monsters for each realm too, my head would explode, LOL).

/Rant off. Love the game...just hope to see some minor tweaks that would make a huge difference.

#2726 3 years ago

Good Rant - there is tons of stuff in the game I'll never see. I'm just not that good

#2727 3 years ago

To quote Nick Weyna:

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Agree 100%. I've had my machine just over a year and only gotten to RAGE once and RANSOM twice I think, and I'd like to think I'm a decent player. Black Castle is a fairly common achievement for me...I'd say 1 or every 10 games or so I can get there. The battle against BK should be hard, but as it is now, it's just too much. It's an amazing mode, but it has way too many shots required, and way too many of them being the three center shots which are all instant death risks. I understand "Play Better", but there is no strategy or skill involved with surviving those three shots...it's literally all luck. At bare minimum, the fight should continue into the next ball like every other fight does. That will not help me much as I rarely get there on anything but my last ball, but it would be something! An instant extra ball for getting to the castle would be a nice bonus, and combined with continuing the fight would be a perfect solution. Still hard, but more manageable. Possibly smart programming of short ball saves when those center shots are required would be nice, but I'd hate to see it get TOO easy. (yeah right ). All this could be managed in the settings to keep people that like the crazy difficulty happy too.
RANSOM I have complained about many times. That's another one where the only practical way to get there is by making tons of the three center shots by doing WAR hurry-ups over and over and over. We all know that's playing with fire. This could be made much more manageable by simply adding more ways to collect letters. Think about HORDE in TWD. There are many ways to earn multikills, which makes HORDE obtainable but I do not think anyone would argue it's too easy to get to. Follow the same philosophy for collecting letters and you'd increase the number of people that can enjoy RANSOM exponentially. At minimum add a letter for completing a super skill shot. As of now, all you get for a super skill shot is a few extra points, but lose out on the easy WAR letter. Not worth it at all. Give me a letter and it would be worth it! Letters could be added for every so many jackpots (or for a super jackpot) in TKC and maybe even Retro. That would make those multiballs more useful than they are now too. Letting WAR hurry-ups happen in Retro would help, but it would take away from the theme of the mode, so I do not think I would want that. You could even give a letter for every so many orbit shots or drop target bank completions...giving you more reason to actually shoot the right side of the playfield.
This is a great game, but honestly as-is it is missing a layer of things to do. This is especially true of the pro, which has a big gap where Catapult multiball should be (and 100% COULD be if they simply mapped the lock shot to the left VUK or something similar). As it is now, two awesome modes are locked behind requirements that only very good players will ever see, and only the elite will enjoy regularly. In a super deep game such as LOTR, TSPP, TWD, etc...it's ok for the final wizard modes to be that far away. For something with the depth/breadth of BK though...it just doesn't leave enough to do for the average player. I honestly think they either need to make those two modes more obtainable, OR add another layer of things to do for those that struggle to get to the end (or...perfect world, both!).
I know I sound like a broken record for those that have read my previous posts, but this is such a fun game, and is SO CLOSE to greatness. I really hope Tim pushes this over that line. Unfortunately seeing the radio silence on this game while we see almost all of the other games released recently get huge update after update makes me start to lose hope. It's a GOOD game as it sits, but it could be a GREAT game with some relatively minor tweaks. (Or course if they want to go huge and give us a second set of monsters for each realm too, my head would explode, LOL).
/Rant off. Love the game...just hope to see some minor tweaks that would make a huge difference.

Awesome post! I'm not sure if Tim frequents Pinside much, but this is required reading for him. Looking back through the pages of this thread, there's some really good constructive feedback covering the current state of features under 1.01. I really hope Tim does check in here at times and take it on board for an update. It's excellent to see people care enough about their game, wanting to help it go beyond a good game to being great.

Awhile back I felt putting the 1.0 label on the code was possibly premature. Having spent so much time with the game in my home now, I still strongly feel this is the case. The game is good, no doubt about it. But there's still work to be done.

I was listening to an old Coast 2 Coast podcast during the week that had an interview with Tim just before the game was released. He briefly made a comment that Steve was wanting to do something with magna save for bonus collection, which is where I think the current method for collecting super came from. I'm not a fan of it, but found it interesting to hear it was something they discussed back when the code was in the 0.9's versions (or even earlier). Another interesting thing that came up was Tim talking about not wanting features were the player finds themselves "locked out" of things. I found this part of the discussion interesting as the newest implementation of supers under 1.01 with the retro mode where it has no value if you drain before activating it is doing that.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Good Rant - there is tons of stuff in the game I'll never see. I'm just not that good

Keep playing, you'll get there! Owning a BK:SoR has taught me to become a better player not just at this game, but others too. It really is a not stop fight from the moment the ball is on the playfield. When I play other games now, I feel like I'm on holiday It took me awhile to reach Black Castle for the first time, but I get there more consistently now (maybe 1 in 15 - 20 games) and my low scores now used to be my GC scores. So keep going!!

#2729 3 years ago

The majority of the time I’m seeing 0s for my super during bonus count down is that because I haven’t “collected” them with the a successful magnasave?

#2730 3 years ago

good point !

i dont have the game, but its already on my wishlist as i enjoy playing it
i understand what you are saying, in fact not much things to add in the code, but in the end that could be the difference between a good pin and a great pin (even more when Tim is also a "player")

#2731 3 years ago

The majority of the time I’m seeing 0s for my super during bonus count down is that because I haven’t “collected” them with the a successful magnasave?

The supers part of the bonus is calculated based on the number of supers you activate during the ball and I think each time you level them up.

For example: +75K each time you activate a super and +25K every time you level one up. I'm not sure on the exact point values as I haven't drilled that far down into it but pretty sure that's how it works.

When you collect the super jackpot value using magna save, you get the value there and then.

#2732 3 years ago

can;'t see another update coming out for this game sadly but its the only game that I play that I need a sit-down and a beer after playing it - its so frenetic!

#2733 3 years ago

@ Jesder - I just need to Play Better.

My problem is I don't tend to focus playing on one pin. I have a pretty nice collection and maybe do a handful of plays each day. Some machines may not get played for pretty long periods of time between. I just play what strikes my fancy at the moment on any given day.

I really enjoy the many Stern's in my collections and have some other makes for variety. Tell you what - play a Hot Wheels if you get a chance. I got one early in the month and I just can't stop playing it. It is one of my favorites now for sure. I only mention it here as I think it's that good. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when they get to play one. Point is I don't focus too much on one particular pin to get really good playing a particular title. I probably need to put in some extended time on Black Knight to get further in the game.

Variety is the spice of life. Same goes for pins. If I'd focus on Black Knight I might get to see more good stuff. Just need to Play better. Ha Ha.

#2734 3 years ago

Unfortunately @noquaters we won’t be seeing many Hot Wheels here in Australia and they’ll most probably go into private collections when they do. It definitely looks interesting and I kind of wish that I didn’t move Houdini on but it was annoying me and I got to get black knight instead.

I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that the war hurry up should really only be gone for during multiball as it’s not really worth that much I the scheme of things. It’s a fun mechanic but not worth the danger. And I want to get to black castle again

#2735 3 years ago

I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that the war hurry up should really only be gone for during multiball as it’s not really worth that much I the scheme of things. It’s a fun mechanic but not worth the danger. And I want to get to black castle again

The first WAR hurry up isn't worth too much (it used to be much less pre 1.01 code). But additional WAR hurry ups can be more valuable as the base value gets set to what ever the previous WAR hurry up was when scored or terminated. So if you're quick to complete it, each subsequent WAR hurry up will become more and more valuable.

It's always worth planning when to activate it though. Having the shield open before starting is a must (e.g mode ready, ball lock or mystery). Bringing one in to a multiball is always worth doing too.

Depends on what you're goal is in the game too. If I'm just going for Black Castle, then it's all about survival and WAR hurry up won't be on my radar.

#2736 3 years ago

So my premium has developed an issue with the drop target on the far left lane. If a ball hits it too hard it won't drop. This happens more often than not now. Any ideas or adjustments I can make?

#2737 3 years ago

Anyone with a topper have an issue where the black knights head doesn't go back to centre? Mine sometimes ends up with him looking to the right instead of straight ahead. Confused and wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

#2738 3 years ago

For those who had topper orders with little shop of games last year, I emailed them looking for an update on my order. Below is thier reply back.

"We have been told that they are making them this week and should be shipping to us in the following week. 

audio,

Marshall Dickson"

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

So my premium has developed an issue with the drop target on the far left lane. If a ball hits it too hard it won't drop. This happens more often than not now. Any ideas or adjustments I can make?

Check the spring tension. Possibly too loose?

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You LE buyers rule!! I wish I could get myself to spend the money! It will be interesting to see if this sells out???

Update. LE still available

#2741 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For those who had topper orders with little shop of games last year, I emailed them looking for an update on my order. Below is thier reply back.
"We have been told that they are making them this week and should be shipping to us in the following week. 
audio,
Marshall Dickson"

Cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they get a big enough batch to cover all the orders.

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Anyone with a topper have an issue where the black knights head doesn't go back to centre? Mine sometimes ends up with him looking to the right instead of straight ahead. Confused and wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

Yes, me too; always to the player's right. I power-off, recenter the head, then power back on.

I'm not certain, but suspect the issue is turning off the machine at the same moment as the attract mode kicks-in.

#2743 3 years ago

A while back I installed a Magna Save button on the right side of my BKLE. I didn't want to drill the LE side rails, so I 3D printed a raised button holder that is held on with double sided tape. The mod can be completely removed in a couple of minutes and never know it has been there. I loosened the side rail and ran two small gauge wires up under and into the cabinet and clipped directly to the button on the lock bar. So both buttons work. Took me a while to get used to it, in fact the first Magna Save success after the installation was with the lock bar button - duh. Even though it is raised a bit, the button is very sensitive and I can get to the magna save in a fraction of the time now.

It looks a little funky as an external installation, but would be very simple to make it look factory on a Premium or Pro where drilling is not an issue.
20200530_100236 (resized).jpg20200530_100236 (resized).jpg20200531_164705 (resized).jpg20200531_164705 (resized).jpg

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Yes, me too; always to the player's right. I power-off, recenter the head, then power back on.
I'm not certain, but suspect the issue is turning off the machine at the same moment as the attract mode kicks-in.

I'm glad I've confirmed I'm not the only one. I guess I should check the operator menu and see if they added a topper alignment feature, but I'm not thinking so. Hopefully if they do one more update that's something they will look into.

#2745 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I'm glad I've confirmed I'm not the only one. I guess I should check the operator menu and see if they added a topper alignment feature, but I'm not thinking so. Hopefully if they do one more update that's something they will look into.

It would be worth sending an email with feedback about it to Stern. There's an email address in the release notes ([email protected]) that you can send code feedback & bug fixes to. The more details you can give about reproducing it, the better and it should help see the issue addressed if another code update drops.

#2746 3 years ago

The new code needs to add another multiball for the pro.

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It would be worth sending an email with feedback about it to Stern. There's an email address in the release notes ([email protected]) that you can send code feedback & bug fixes to. The more details you can give about reproducing it, the better and it should help see the issue addressed if another code update drops.

I will be doing that, as I tried re-centering the topper and unfortunately it still ends up turned to the right within 30 minutes of turning on.

#2748 3 years ago

I've never had a problem with my topper. I've had it for 4 months now.

#2749 3 years ago

My friend just got his BK and he has that upper flipper issue happening. I can’t remember what the fix was for this. Does anyone have a link to the instructions that fix they released?

EBD6B570-0348-4864-BD21-0CE96C77E5E1 (resized).jpegEBD6B570-0348-4864-BD21-0CE96C77E5E1 (resized).jpeg
#2750 3 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I've got the same thing on mine. It's always off centered to the right when not moving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/55?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.