IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 112.
#2501 3 years ago

Ok i would like the groups input on this one please. I am debating adding a second button for the magna save. I was thinking having a set up similar to Munsters premium that way i can use those lolli pop rails for it.

What is the groups though on this as far as.

Its a cool idea and i wish mine had it.
Or
Its a dumb idea live with it on the LD bar.

Would it detract anyone from buying it if it had this modded on it?

Picture is to show button layout

50E5CFB7-511C-478B-B7C5-7BD90E78F4B2 (resized).png50E5CFB7-511C-478B-B7C5-7BD90E78F4B2 (resized).png
#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Ok i would like the groups input on this one please. I am debating adding a second button for the magna save. I was thinking having a set up similar to Munsters premium that way i can use those lolli pop rails for it.
What is the groups though on this as far as.
Its a cool idea and i wish mine had it.
Or
Its a dumb idea live with it on the LD bar.
Would it detract anyone from buying it if it had this modded on it?
Picture is to show button layout[quoted image]

Check this thread out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-drill-bk3000-to-properly-add-magnasave-button

#2503 3 years ago

Re-Feathered the Knight. I'm trying for something substantial while avoiding 'Vegas Showgirl'.

NewFeathers (resized).pngNewFeathers (resized).png
#2504 3 years ago

The design of the cabinet and playfield position don't allow for the buttons to be positioned like they are on the older games like BK2K and the original BK. That's why Stern went with the button below the regular flipper button on the Munsters. Personally I hate that position because I constantly hit that second button by mistake. No big deal on Munsters, but it would waste my Magnasave on BK.

I have been trying to come up with a surface mount button that would not require drilling. Wireless would be great but I can't find a suitable circuit.

The other thing that I have noticed is that I do save a ball every once in a while when it is moving slowly. Problem with the Magnasave on this game is the game is just blazing fast. It's not like the old slow motion days where you have time to react and the ball is moving slow enough to snatch it to a stop. It doesn't matter where the button is, you will never be able to save the ball as frequently as you could in the older games, plain and simple.

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I have to experiment with my speaker lights (from speakerlightkits.com, of course ) as they were one of the very first mods I installed when I received my game back in June - long before the fire bulb idea would pop into my pea brain. I'm afraid to actually try turning them off, though, as I'd hate to love that look (so to speak) the best. I can't see myself deactivating them and I've always liked their pulsating cycling. But again, time will tell.

of course, its your pin, you simply set it as you love it

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Those frames are not mine - they're the genius of ricmaz. I'm just an incredibly satisfied customer. Go back to post #2005 in this thread and follow from there.

Oops...….my bad. thx for catching that

#2507 3 years ago

Hello all! I've got a BK:SOR on its way to me for home use -- any game-specific advice on common failures to look for, default settings to change, etc.?

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Hello all! I've got a BK:SOR on its way to me for home use -- any game-specific advice on common failures to look for, default settings to change, etc.?

Do not actually fight the Black Knight!

#2509 3 years ago

anyone know anywhere with the topper in stock?

#2510 3 years ago

My black knight airbrush body kit is finished.

2CF2D729-BCCD-4691-874A-E996C406CE7B (resized).jpeg2CF2D729-BCCD-4691-874A-E996C406CE7B (resized).jpeg319DA117-61C5-4036-B6BC-7807128A612C (resized).jpeg319DA117-61C5-4036-B6BC-7807128A612C (resized).jpeg331A42DE-EFAF-4D1F-B2DC-56C74CD7FE64 (resized).jpeg331A42DE-EFAF-4D1F-B2DC-56C74CD7FE64 (resized).jpeg49D208C7-CD43-4BAB-8A40-809D49AD2A1D (resized).jpeg49D208C7-CD43-4BAB-8A40-809D49AD2A1D (resized).jpeg3CB13121-4502-4FD4-99CA-F1FE76A82E85 (resized).jpeg3CB13121-4502-4FD4-99CA-F1FE76A82E85 (resized).jpeg6BEAD37C-A4B9-4B05-B269-75CB95386CF7 (resized).jpeg6BEAD37C-A4B9-4B05-B269-75CB95386CF7 (resized).jpeg588EC410-CCDD-47D7-8635-8AA5476DF51A (resized).jpeg588EC410-CCDD-47D7-8635-8AA5476DF51A (resized).jpegA3FC0DFA-F62D-4921-92AC-B49B5A9E0615 (resized).jpegA3FC0DFA-F62D-4921-92AC-B49B5A9E0615 (resized).jpegAD915DD6-31DC-4CE4-9000-6C175D4080FE (resized).jpegAD915DD6-31DC-4CE4-9000-6C175D4080FE (resized).jpeg5116DFB3-76EC-462F-9780-9C108D5859E9 (resized).jpeg5116DFB3-76EC-462F-9780-9C108D5859E9 (resized).jpegC25E0032-AC4F-435A-B0B5-74D32832169E (resized).jpegC25E0032-AC4F-435A-B0B5-74D32832169E (resized).jpegD3F534DA-4CB0-48B6-AC28-97B984193B94 (resized).jpegD3F534DA-4CB0-48B6-AC28-97B984193B94 (resized).jpegE4F48DE8-140D-4787-8A20-0B9F920A29B2 (resized).jpegE4F48DE8-140D-4787-8A20-0B9F920A29B2 (resized).jpeg
#2511 3 years ago

Quick question about the machine. Mine will be arriving soon.

Where the ball hits the shield. Is that a sticker? Does it wear down? Anyway to protect it?

Thanks!

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

My black knight airbrush body kit is finished.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovin' me all dat!

And would love to have that for my premium!

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I used the 105. Cut through the haze pretty quickly after Novus 2. I wouldn’t use it every day, but it definitely works.[quoted image]

OK - I give up. I must be doing something wrong/not enough/missing something because my upper playfield scratches are still there after multiple applications, rubbings and buffings of the usual options (Novus 3-2-1 doing several 3s, followed by a few 2s, then 1s; the Maguiar's, etc.) And they aren't all that bad - at least I don't think they are.

In the attached pics, I purposely used the reflection of my phone to make the scratches very visible (when the game is all lit up, I don't really see them unless I look pretty specifically for them.) I can oh-so-barely feel a couple of the longer ones with my fingernail when crossing them parallel to the scratch (one or two by the upper flipper in the first picture and the longer one "underneath" the skeleton's head on the artwork below, but on none of the scratches above it, in the second.) A fingernail will detect those, but definitely NOT "fall in to" any of them/get "stopped" by any of them. My fingernail will not detect any of the other scratches in either spot in the same pass. I can, however, feel all of the scratches in both areas with the fleshy pad of a fingertip - but again just ever-so-very-slightly.

These are the only two areas that are exhibiting scratches; the rest of upper playfield is fine.

So I am wondering if any of you fine folk who have had great success removing scratches like these from your BKSOR upper playfield might be willing to post some reasonably specific step-by-step instructions as to how you do it, what tools you use if any, etc. No detail is too small or too "obvious" to leave out or gloss over for me at this point. I'd prefer you respond as if you were well-seasoned computer tech support and I'm a noob calling for help for the first time, so "plug it in" and "turn it on" are totally OK and non-insulting steps (by analogy) to include when it comes to how you remove scratches like these.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Upper Flipper Area (resized).jpgUpper Flipper Area (resized).jpgOver Skeleton Head Upper Center (resized).jpgOver Skeleton Head Upper Center (resized).jpg
#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quick question about the machine. Mine will be arriving soon.
Where the ball hits the shield. Is that a sticker? Does it wear down? Anyway to protect it?
Thanks!

Yes it is a sticker. There is a replacement in the goody bag. I have about 500 games on mine and it shows no sign of wear.

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from playerofpin:

Yes it is a sticker. There is a replacement in the goody bag. I have about 500 games on mine and it shows no sign of wear.

Ok, thanks!

I was watching some YouTube videos of the game today. I get the feeling this game is highly underrated.

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ok, thanks!
I was watching some YouTube videos of the game today. I get the feeling this game is highly underrated.

It is underrated.

A player visited with his focus on Iron Maiden. After viewing and playing BKSOR; the remainder of his night was Black Knight. Iron Maiden just sat there.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ok, thanks!

I agree this game never got the full attention it deserves. It is a great game full of fun shots and really takes some strategy to blue up a score. The upper playfield may look plane but once you get used to it and use it to its full advantage it becomes an essential part of the game. I honestly didn’t have the highest expectations for this game but when i go down to play a game i find myself choosing this over iron maiden, JP prem and Ghostbusters.

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I agree this game never got the full attention it deserves. It is a great game full of fun shots and really takes some strategy to blue up a score. The upper playfield may look plane but once you get used to it and use it to its full advantage it becomes an essential part of the game. I honestly didn’t have the highest expectations for this game but when i go down to play a game i find myself choosing this over iron maiden, JP prem and Ghostbusters.

Another reason I think it's so engaging is the storyline itself: it's simultaneously familiar but "unknown" - meaning we all know the stories of Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park; we know everything in the story from beginning to end. Our involvement in the story itself is more of a movie extra and we're challenged to relive and do things the real characters did in the films.

But in BKSOR, we are undeniably the hero and star of the story tasked with defeating the big bad boss after dispatching his minions. And (at least until we've played it for a while or read reviews/watched videos), we don't really know how that story goes, what challenges await, and exactly what happens as we get better and better at the game. Add to that the villain taunting as you play and especially you when you screw up, and you just want to get in there and slice, dice, and punch his lights out - even if only vicariously through flippers. And I love how with the addition of the topper it feels even more like the Black Knight is actually there with you as you play.

#2519 3 years ago

I just received a Premium BKSOR. Looking for popular mods. Has anyone purchased the $93 Black Knight Illuminated Knight from Mezel Mods (Lermods)? If so, were you happy with it?

Black knight (resized).pngBlack knight (resized).png
#2520 3 years ago

Here you go TheRudyB. This is one piece. No posts on the backside, like you have. The posts add a lot of extra time,, and require a thicker material to start with, which means higher costs. This whole piece takes the same amount of time to machine as one of the frames that you have. Area in the middle with a frame for a smaller card with whatever you can come up with.

11F84EBC-CE72-4FD4-9F88-BD2CBB2F516B.jpeg11F84EBC-CE72-4FD4-9F88-BD2CBB2F516B.jpeg
#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Here you go TheRudyB. This is one piece. No posts on the backside, like you have. The posts add a lot of extra time,, and require a thicker material to start with, which means higher costs. This whole piece takes the same amount of time to machine as one of the frames that you have. Area in the middle with a frame for a smaller card with whatever you can come up with.
[quoted image]

To channel Maxwell Smart: AND LOVING IT!

#2522 3 years ago

My Premium arrived; it's a grand machine! It's my first home pin, and so far I've gone from "why won't the lockbar come off I undid the latches didn't I why won't it come off did I break it already why did I do this" to "I'll just install this custom shooter and not think too much about the playfield hovering directly over my head" in about three hours.

#2523 3 years ago

In the club! Traded Stranger Things Premium for BKSOR Premium and couldn't be happier. Also swapped another game for a Stellar Wars. A Steve Ritchie x 2 day!

20200509_202835 (resized).jpg20200509_202835 (resized).jpg
#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

A Steve Ritchie x 2 day!

thats some good stuff right there. congrats

#2525 3 years ago

Just getting my powder coating parts back on. Color came out better than I expected

D60A46F1-DBF3-4139-8D1D-D6A9F7D66DBD (resized).jpegD60A46F1-DBF3-4139-8D1D-D6A9F7D66DBD (resized).jpeg
#2526 3 years ago

I couldn't find an answer to this so hopefully someone can help, out of the blue the flail on my black knight LE gets stuck. If its in the down and locked position and if I hit it hard with a shot it pushes it back and then doesn't come unstuck and open up to get to the upper playfield. If I get to the upper playfield and activate a monster using the far left lane and the flail starts spinning again it will unlock. I can't seem to find an adjustment or what would have caused this to start happening.

#2527 3 years ago

Quick question: is there a way to randomize the mode that starts? It seems that default first mode is always sandworm, unless you change the mode by hitting the spinner/pops. I have looked for an answer, but couldn't find one on here.

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just getting my powder coating parts back on. Color came out better than I expected
[quoted image]

Looks amazing!

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question: is there a way to randomize the mode that starts? It seems that default first mode is always sandworm, unless you change the mode by hitting the spinner/pops. I have looked for an answer, but couldn't find one on here.

I thought that to but i was playing the other night and it would go a few games in a row that would be the same starting mode then change. For me i had like 3 games in a row i had to face Hell Hand

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

Awesome

#2531 3 years ago

This is almost certainly more of a "pinball ownership 101" question rather than a BK:SOR question, but the right slingshot on my Premium seems a bit too prone to launch airballs. What should I look for to see why this slingshot isn't behaving like its more reliable partner?

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

What should I look for to see why this slingshot isn't behaving like its more reliable partner?

I'd look for 2 quick things before mech surgery:

- the sling rubber ring aligned properly around the posts. if its sitting too low, then it could cause lift
- the kicker arm, i'd look to make sure the mech underneath is firmly secured in place. if there's anything loose, it may cause variability in the kick angle

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am 98% sure they ARE random, at least in the pro. If not I have literally never noticed in the year I have owned mine....and I think I would have noticed. Will let you know for sure once I get a chance to play mine later.

#2534 3 years ago

Topper problem any ideas guys?

Ok after less than 30 games my Topper has developed a fault.
When I switch the pin on and head initialises the head tilts to the right as you look at him.
The animatronics seem hindered somewhat and he doesn’t do his usual pan and scan whilst taunting and laughing.
I have removed and reseated the cables And dropped the head but As it’s quite enclosed its difficult to see anything obvious.
I can remove the head totally and investigate further but before I do was just wondering if any of you guys have experienced anything similar.
FYI I am in the UK and it’s not just a simple task of contacting Stern and shipping back without great expense.
Thanks in advance Col

Quick video of problem

#2535 3 years ago

Just received my Prem today. I played the Pro and really enjoyed so I decided to buy the Premium. That upper playfield takes the game to another level, awesome game. I don't understand the hate towards it.

#2536 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just received my Prem today. I played the Pro and really enjoyed so I decided to buy the Premium. That upper playfield takes the game to another level, awesome game. I don't understand the hate towards it.

I like the upper playfield. Learning how to loop it, using the target to score mode shots, and the lock make it a great addition. I like the added strategy of using the catapult multiball stacked with modes. And ofcourse, the stacking for 6 ball multiball is very cool. I enjoy the upper playfield more at home than I did on location. On location I just used it for locks. But, I can see the Pro argument. For less cost, the Pro is still a great game in itself. As a new owner (I've not even had it for a week) I would recommend raising the music volume and lowering callouts.

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I like the upper playfield. Learning how to loop it, using the target to score mode shots, and the lock make it a great addition. I like the added strategy of using the catapult multiball stacked with modes. And ofcourse, the stacking for 6 ball multiball is very cool. I enjoy the upper playfield more at home than I did on location. On location I just used it for locks. But, I can see the Pro argument. For less cost, the Pro is still a great game in itself. As a new owner (I've not even had it for a week) I would recommend raising the music volume and lowering callouts.

They need a setting to remove the jackpot callout during Catapult MB, that already wore thin. This may have the best spinner to rip in a game, so satisfying.

#2538 3 years ago

The people that hate it are shity players LOL the game is too hard for them.

Quoted from PokerJake:

I don't understand the hate towards it.

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Thanx to @STDMinSTL, I think I may have this resolved. The two ramp screws forward of the flail and the two ramp screws behind the flail each had about a quarter turn...once all four were properly torqued down, the clicking went away. It's likely the shaker motor loosing up the screws...may add some locktite to them if it becomes chronic. When triaging this problem, I kept thinking "why is the flail lower?" as opposed to "could the ramp be higher?".

I just have to thank you for this one. I'm still dialing in my new Premium (it was built long enough ago that it didn't have the replacement upper playfield #43 plastic -- wow, installing that really changes the game), and had the same problem with one side of the flail striking the playfield. I came to this thread and started reading through all the posts mentioning "flail", and sure enough, tightening the ramp screws a quarter turn was exactly what it needed.

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I'd look for 2 quick things before mech surgery:
- the sling rubber ring aligned properly around the posts. if its sitting too low, then it could cause lift
- the kicker arm, i'd look to make sure the mech underneath is firmly secured in place. if there's anything loose, it may cause variability in the kick angle

And thanks for this! The rubber on the offending slingshot was indeed lower (they looked the same while playing, but a ruler showed the truth). I adjusted things so that both rubbers were even with the centerline of the pinball, and that seems to have calmed things down. (I'm still getting one or two airballs a game from ball collisions, but that seems to be par for the course with BKSOR... time to put in an order for some plastic protectors.)

#2541 3 years ago

How high is the topper ?

I only have 13inch of clearance between the head board and my ceiling.

#2542 3 years ago

The topper is 8 inches without the feather.

#2543 3 years ago

I know this was mentioned before, but does anyone think that the Up-lighting (Bright white LEDs) of the topper is done to intentionally make it look like shadows of ravens flying, when they alternate?

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I know this was mentioned before, but does anyone think that the Up-lighting (Bright white LEDs) of the topper is done to intentionally make it look like shadows of ravens flying, when they alternate?

Pic?!

#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

It’d sure be great if it was intentional, but I’ll bet it was just a happy side effect.

My guess is that the look of the Black Knight’s castle was one of the earlier things they designed since it would frequently appear as an image in the display as well as influence the other art yet to be created for the realm. Otherwise they would effectively be designing art for the topper and letting that drive the art for the game itself. Given the already Herculean effort that goes into designing a game, intentionally designing that intricate of an effect into a topper that far in advance would have consumed resources better spent fleshing out the huge number of art elements needed for the overall game.

But if I’m wrong (and it would be truly fantastic to learn that I am) the team deserves even more kudos than all of us have already heaped on them for designing pretty much the greatest pinball topper ever created.

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

for designing pretty much the greatest pinball topper ever created.

Sure wish I could get one...

#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

pretty much the greatest pinball topper ever created.

Soon, I hope to own a topper for this bas ass pinball machine. Sent an email to Stern yesterday about a cracked plastic I have. Also inquired about topper production for this machine.

Response to my email was quick (and very well spoken) and I was told toppers went back into production late last week.

WHOO HOO!!

when the day comes I get a topper for this machine, I'll take raven shadows too! which if this was actually planned by the design team is pretty bad ass...……..or if it is just a fluke of nature or the Black Knight making his presence in the shadow world......whatever...…..just stoked to be a player of this fine piece of art

#2548 3 years ago

On my Premium, I'm getting weak flips on the upper playfield flipper about 10 to 20 percent of the time. The flipper-shaped white plastic immediately under that flipper seems to be loose and possibly getting in the way. I haven't tried undoing the upper playfield yet-- I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who's dealt with a similar problem.

#2549 3 years ago

As a new owner, I'm loving this game. It is like an 80's solid state plus all the bells and whistles of a modern game. Fast games with pretty simple to understand ruleset with killer music and sounds.

#2550 3 years ago

For the upper flipper look at the coil stop being loose / broken first. Thia has been a big problem with the last few releases.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/51?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.