419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 111.
#151 4 years ago

My eyes may be deceiving me from that pic but based on that bubble it looks like your game is leaning slightly to the right; the bubble is not quite centered left/right even though it looks good upper/lower. You might try raising the right side ever so slightly.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

My first new pin. Loving it so far. Noticing a few things and wondering if I am the only one.
When the ball goes through the R in the W A R lanes up top, if it does not have significant speed, it stops at the bottom of the slot cut in the playfield. A slight nudge will dislodge it. Not a huge issue, but it does stop the flow of the game.
When the ball comes down off the right orbit, about 75% of the time it falls into the right slingshot instead of the right flipper.
Anyone else have the same issue?
The knight toy is awesome, but I think it is the call outs and taunts that really make this game great. So glad I have it in the game room where this is the only game playing. I think you will miss a huge part of the game with the sounds being drowned out on location.

At the beginning I had the same issue with the R lane, was solved by itself after 50+ games.
I also have the issue with the right orbit. For me it depends from where the ball comes, Bumpers: too slow for the flipper finger -> right slingshot, loop/open orbit -> right flipper. I pressume haveing both on the right flipper is technically not possible and for me the open orbit (for combo) is more important.

#153 4 years ago

Has anyone already seen some nice custom cards for the knight?

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Guys hearing any updates on LE ship/delivery times for U.S. ?

I heard shipping this week or next for mine.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

My first new pin. Loving it so far. Noticing a few things and wondering if I am the only one.
When the ball goes through the R in the W A R lanes up top, if it does not have significant speed, it stops at the bottom of the slot cut in the playfield. A slight nudge will dislodge it. Not a huge issue, but it does stop the flow of the game.
When the ball comes down off the right orbit, about 75% of the time it falls into the right slingshot instead of the right flipper.
Anyone else have the same issue?
The knight toy is awesome, but I think it is the call outs and taunts that really make this game great. So glad I have it in the game room where this is the only game playing. I think you will miss a huge part of the game with the sounds being drowned out on location.

Doubt its the switch slot. Its usually the post rubbers. Try adjusting the lane guides a smidge.

Regarding the orbit, ball trajectory will vary depending on ball speed.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Has anyone already seen some nice custom cards for the knight?

I’ll handle this

#157 4 years ago

I verified that the cab is level, left to right. Could just be a speed issue as it sounds like others are seeing the ball hit the sling

I guess I will just have to play more games to get the R lane to smooth out. The sacrifices we have to make for this hobby. LOL

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Take a dremel and cut those speaker grills. No idea why they have a grill behind a grill

My speculation for the bars is to add support to the back of the foam in the speaker hole area. Gary Stern, feel free to chime in and let me know if I am right on that one, but after much, much, too much thought on it....that is the best I can come up with.

Some people like that "Jail Bird" look of the bars in front of the tiny lit speaker holes (off center in the large rectangle grill area). I don't know if people still buy my SPIKE 1 (Type 10) Speaker Light Kits for that or not? To each their own....that is appreciated over them buying knock offs from various mod copier hacks for $64+.

In any case....get that washer out of there (SEE ATTACHMENT) and tape up those mounting slots in the speaker plates (SAME ATTACHMENT). I thought Stern taped them up from the factory now??? Kidding....I know better than most on how easy it is to drop washers down in that area. Luckily, I usually notice and get them dug out before putting everything back together.

PS: Sweet ramp lights. I saw the cutout on my friends BK:SoR the other night and thought having light under them would be pretty nice.

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com

10 The Jailbird (resized).jpg10 The Jailbird (resized).jpgBK (resized).jpegBK (resized).jpeg

#159 4 years ago

Picked up a sweet BK:SoR at Pinfest in Allentown this weekend. Blue Sparkle powder coat, Shaker, and Mirror blades. Loving this game so far. Hooking up to a Subwoofer is an absolute must. Pics to follow

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Picked up a sweet BK:SoR at Pinfest in Allentown this weekend. Blue Sparkle powder coat, Shaker, and Mirror blades. Loving this game so far. Hooking up to a Subwoofer is an absolute must. Pics to follow

Sounds awesome, congrats on the pick up!

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My speculation for the bars is to add support to the back of the foam in the speaker hole area. Gary Stern, feel free to chime in and let me know if I am right on that one, but after much, much, too much thought on it....that is the best I can come up with.
Some people like that "Jail Bird" look of the bars in front of the tiny lit speaker holes (off center in the large rectangle grill area). I don't know if people still buy my SPIKE 1 (Type 10) Speaker Light Kits for that or not? To each their own....that is appreciated over them buying knock offs from various mod copier hacks for $64+.
In any case....get that washer out of there (SEE ATTACHMENT) and tape up those mounting slots in the speaker plates (SAME ATTACHMENT). I thought Stern taped them up from the factory now??? Kidding....I know better than most on how easy it is to drop washers down in that area. Luckily, I usually notice and get them dug out before putting everything back together.
PS: Sweet ramp lights. I saw the cutout on my friends BK:SoR the other night and thought having light under them would be pretty nice.
Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ya, I am going to switch the stock pro speakers out for the Kenwoods on Munsters LE . My dual zone lighting looks way better that way.

That damn washer was removed right after that photo I was still working on it.

All good. I should have my speaker lighting kits for sale soon.
C5FACEB6-84BF-42CF-8558-0D104DE90702 (resized).jpegC5FACEB6-84BF-42CF-8558-0D104DE90702 (resized).jpeg

#162 4 years ago

The kenwoods on mle are 5.25’s you mean your going to put 4” kenwoods in right?

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’ll handle this

Thumbs up!

#164 4 years ago

#165 4 years ago

Here it is. Blue sparkle powdercoat looks great. Even got a figure of the guitarist from Anthrax who did the music for the game.

20190507_174522 (resized).jpg20190507_174522 (resized).jpg

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Added half-moon metal cabinet protectors and orange LED buttons from Pinball Life. Picture doesn't do it justice, it's a deep orange and blends with the artwork.
Indeed a bit of a crime to drill into a brand new cabinet, but I love the look and durability of the metal protectors.
Before/after pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So on them protectors around flipper buttons, you have to do pilot holes? If so how deep? I too would be a bit leary on drilling on cabinet. They look good though.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Here it is. Blue sparkle powdercoat looks great. Even got a figure of the guitarist from Anthrax who did the music for the game.
[quoted image]

New power switch location seems would be a pain to get to when your pins are next to each other. Was more convenient with it in the front under cab. Now can imagine squeezing between pins to hit the switch. A buddy had keys on his belt loop on pants, squeezed between the pins to hit power switch, and gauged a nice scratch from the keys on his sideart.

#168 4 years ago

Agreed- I hate the power switch location on the new Stern games. Plus when you have a pingulp cup in between it really sucks....

#169 4 years ago

This is why I have every pin on a power strip that can be controlled via an app or Alexa/Siri etc.

#170 4 years ago

I have a remote that turns the games on and off. Works great.

1557599633325986454833 (resized).jpg1557599633325986454833 (resized).jpg
#171 4 years ago

Just saw this on Facebook
Guess its the First LE?
Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, located in Farmington Hills, Michigan

C2A14092-C567-4890-AA63-77DF61B13EF2 (resized).jpegC2A14092-C567-4890-AA63-77DF61B13EF2 (resized).jpeg

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Just saw this on Facebook
Guess its the First LE?
Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, located in Farmington Hills, Michigan
[quoted image]

There was a guy yesterday I believe in the ‘what did you bring home thread’ with one.

I got the call and mine is in, but life has kept me from being able to get it until later this week.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Agreed- I hate the power switch location on the new Stern games. Plus when you have a pingulp cup in between it really sucks....

It's the worst. And the resulting lack of a service plug in the cabinet can be a major PIA on location. Whoever justified this should be fired.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I hated it until I realized my kids were no longer turning games on and off for fun. Also, I remedied the pingulp problem by mounting them all forward facing. (Right hand gulp = forward facing left hand) and when ya have em all lined up it looks nicer that way

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the worst. And the resulting lack of a service plug in the cabinet can be a major PIA on location. Whoever justified this should be fired.

It’s true. It’s a much bigger deal, in a bad way, than it should be. Forces me to keep annoying extension cord with me. And crawl around. I’m going to bring this up next time I talk to Stern.

#176 4 years ago

I put a flipper fidelity big meaty and Beaty 10” 3 way kit in my game the other nite. Overall it improved the audio. It’s much clearer, the knights voice would distort the factory drivers pretty badly at moderate volume levels. I went with the 3way 10” because I plan on hooking this game up to an external amp via pinnovator output anyhow. This game rocks!

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Quoted from ATLpb:

It’s true. It’s a much bigger deal, in a bad way, than it should be. Forces me to keep annoying extension cord with me. And crawl around. I’m going to bring this up next time I talk to Stern.

Wow, no service outlets in new games? Wasn't it not long ago Stern was saying the market is drivin by operators and location pinball? Then they take away something that is vital for operators? Wtf?

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wow, no service outlets in new games? Wasn't it not long ago Stern was saying the market is drivin by operators and location pinball? Then they take away something that is vital for operators? Wtf?

I had this experience recently when I needed to do some soldering work on Munsters, was confused while looking for the service outlet.

If they are gonna cut cost on the wire for the power switch being shortened to the backbox.. the service outlet is a no brainer for them.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

The outlet is still present but it’s inside the head (by the new power switch).

Imagine trying to use it- speakers down, plug in, speakers back up, pf up, lose a ton of slack on solder iron, etc.

It’s truly an insult.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#180 4 years ago

The power switch in the head it literally the dumbest thing they ever did. What’s worse is they know we hate it and that it’s a bad idea yet they don’t do anything about it.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The power switch in the head it literally the dumbest thing they ever did. What’s worse is they know we hate it and that it’s a bad idea yet they don’t do anything about it.

At one point we had to put a sign on the front of the head at our location for these Spike games so the waitresses could find the power switches to turn the games on/off. We had a SW there that never got turned on for about a week because of this.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I hated it until I realized my kids were no longer turning games on and off for fun. Also, I remedied the pingulp problem by mounting them all forward facing. (Right hand gulp = forward facing left hand) and when ya have em all lined up it looks nicer that way

I have my pin gulps the same way. I thought I was the only one.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I have my pin gulps the same way. I thought I was the only one.

Mine are all on the front - much better that way.

#184 4 years ago

Put a playfield protector on today. Very easy.

Remove: Flips, slingshot plastics, wireform, backboard (yes, the whole backboard). This will allow you to bend the pf protector into place. No hangup issues on this one.

291028B7-721D-44F2-B8A0-26F9DD77595C (resized).jpeg291028B7-721D-44F2-B8A0-26F9DD77595C (resized).jpeg5E46F2E4-425E-4E92-9F3E-7CF28714EE0C (resized).jpeg5E46F2E4-425E-4E92-9F3E-7CF28714EE0C (resized).jpeg7F993B54-86FA-43B3-8259-7A7EF197341B (resized).jpeg7F993B54-86FA-43B3-8259-7A7EF197341B (resized).jpeg
#185 4 years ago

New to Pinside only my 2nd post. Just purchased and set up my 2nd NIB pin. Awesome game. This can get addicting..

2D52A064-D8B4-4D8E-8F05-28A5FADA854D (resized).jpeg2D52A064-D8B4-4D8E-8F05-28A5FADA854D (resized).jpeg9B5CD759-ED29-46C6-A617-C126EF1EDBD1 (resized).jpeg9B5CD759-ED29-46C6-A617-C126EF1EDBD1 (resized).jpegB3122505-69B5-4FCF-80BE-BB946775E391 (resized).jpegB3122505-69B5-4FCF-80BE-BB946775E391 (resized).jpeg
#186 4 years ago

I believe the reason stern chose to move the power switch was due to NOT having anything high voltage in cabinet itself. That is why there is no interlock switch either. Since the power supply is now in the head, there is no chance in getting “bit” by high voltage when the door is open.

Yes, I’m sure it also resulted in a cost savings as well.

I remedy the power switch issue by using these from amazon, and I mount them to the bottom right corner of the underside of the cabinet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JPXN2WJ

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I believe the reason stern chose to move the power switch was due to NOT having anything high voltage in cabinet itself. That is why there is no interlock switch either. Since the power supply is now in the head, there is no chance in getting “bit” by high voltage when the door is open.
Yes, I’m sure it also resulted in a cost savings as well.
I remedy the power switch issue by using these from amazon, and I mount them to the bottom right corner of the underside of the cabinet.
amazon.com link »

Cool solution, thanks for sharing.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

New to Pinside only my 2nd post. Just purchased and set up my 2nd NIB pin. Awesome game. This can get addicting..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome. You’re screwed lol.
My “I’ll get 2-3” turned into 20+ and a second job.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Remove: Flips, slingshot plastics, wireform, backboard (yes, the whole backboard). This will allow you to bend the pf protector into place. No hangup issues on this one.

Whoa. I def. Didn't remove the backbox but I did remove the entire ramp, the lower part of which was a PITA.

#190 4 years ago

Playfield protectors SUCK

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Playfield protectors SUCK

Pinside shitposters suck.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Whoa. I def. Didn't remove the backbox but I did remove the entire ramp, the lower part of which was a PITA.

I stared at that ramp for ten minutes before thinking: nah.

I was pretty happy to work out that removing 7 screws holding the backboard let it pull right off with the loop diverters and everything — and the loop portion of the pfp could slide right behind and under the ramp. Which is SERIOUSLY screwed in there, huh?

#193 4 years ago

Unless you're putting your pin on location and that location gets a ton of traffic and the pin a ton of plays, playfield protectors are a waste of time IMO.

#194 4 years ago

Wow. Looks like a lot of work. Please show pics when you finish.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Unless you're putting your pin on location and that location gets a ton of traffic and the pin a ton of plays, playfield protectors are a waste of time IMO.

Mine is on location. They're only a waste of time if you don't care about playfield wear or resale value. Rolling metal ball is going to win eventually, it's just a question of how long it will take. If you want to debate it please find one if the PF protector threads and keep this one on BKSoR.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

What a great pair...congrats! Exactly the two pins I hope are next in my collection. Enjoy, and welcome to the madness!

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Mine is on location. They're only a waste of time if you don't care about playfield wear or resale value. Rolling metal ball is going to win eventually, it's just a question of how long it will take. If you want to debate it please find one if the PF protector threads and keep this one on BKSoR.

I'm afraid this is a bogus newb fallacy. I have sold tons of well-kept pins over the years and never once had to discount for lack of playfield protector.

#198 4 years ago

I operate at a high traffic location. There are about 75 games. San Francisco. BK was the #1 earner in its first two weeks ever, which is cool.

The idea is that you can op with a protector to mitigate damage then remove it when you flip — or in my case, trade up for a premium. The pf is then minty, undimpled fresh. Maybe it’s even had some time to set and won’t dimple as much.

No one in all of the league nights, PAPA tournaments, or regular long hours play has ever noticed, commented on, or found a problem with the protectors on some games at this location. They are thinner now, too so most people haven’t even played on one. There is a Pinside/home use argument that’s totally valid against protectors. Doesn’t make any difference to me though. Would recommend for anyone in my situation (no one here).

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm afraid this is a bogus newb fallacy. I have sold tons of well-kept pins over the years and never once had to discount for lack of playfield protector.

You are bad at logic.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Pinside shitposters suck.

Hahahaha, that was such an almighty pimpslap you knocked him off the internet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/4?hl=yokimato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.