IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1783 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 112.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from playerofpin:

They look killer!
Put me in for a set.

Thanks for the interest, cnagel314!
But be sure to send me a PM, though because on March 6th I'm just going to count up the number of unique members who have sent me PMs expressing interest and send the tally to him to see if it's enough to convince him to do a run.

#2302 4 years ago

Ordered my topper from LSOG. It's on backorder, so fingers crossed it isn't too long.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ordered my topper from LSOG. It's on backorder, so fingers crossed it isn't too long.

Just did the same. $449

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

My local dealer is Hemispheres. Kurt and Mark are pretty cool;

Thanks! I called them today and they had one in stock. Kurt said they’d have more next week.

#2305 4 years ago

It would be interesting to see how many collectors buy a BK just for the topper interaction... then discover the pinball is also kickass

#2306 4 years ago

Pro-tip: Install the feather into your topper before you install your topper!

#2307 4 years ago

Here are some new rule cards. If anyone wants them they can print from this file as its full size at 300dpi.

BK Rules full size (resized).jpgBK Rules full size (resized).jpg
#2308 4 years ago

I posted this in a separate thread but thought it wouldn't hurt to post here either.

I love my LE but something feels missing. Looking for a few mods to give the Premium LE more of a castle look.

1. 3D Castle Spire to replace plastic cover on upper playfield.

2. Castle Crown Molding to cap upper playfield border.

3. Castle Arch/Gate to go over the left drop target.

Any mod makers down to try this? I can help provide measurements and the initial cost to produce.

20200301_095701 (resized).jpg20200301_095701 (resized).jpg
#2309 4 years ago

I would definitely be interested in these mods to add to the atmosphere, plus the topper ofcourse.

Btw...
Switched the music back to the original metal. Much much better IMO

Quoted from WolfManCat:

I posted this in a separate thread but thought it wouldn't hurt to post here either.
I love my LE but something feels missing. Looking for a few mods to give the Premium LE more of a castle look.
1. 3D Castle Spire to replace plastic cover on upper playfield.
2. Castle Crown Molding to cap upper playfield border.
3. Castle Arch/Gate to go over the left drop target.
Any mod makers down to try this? I can help provide measurements and the initial cost to produce.[quoted image]

#2310 4 years ago

Joined the club last night after really digging the pros I played a couple times in the arcades in Chicago. I Love having it in my place. I was missing my Iron man addiction ( Ive sold and re-bought iron man 4 times) but the though of owning it a 5th time made me feel ehh but the great thing is this game can give you a beating just like Iron Man. I changed the music to the alternate and really like it. Such a cool option. Threw in a shaker and I'm loving the pro. I'm not an upper playfield fan so this is the perfect version and I love it has the same light show and color changing GI.

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

I would definitely be interested in these mods to add to the atmosphere, plus the topper ofcourse.
Btw...
Switched the music back to the original metal. Much much better IMO

The alternative music was a good decision on Sterns behalf, it makes this pin more marketable to those who hate metal music. I however am a huge metal fan and love the original soundtrack; it was a big reason why I chose to purchase. I don't think I'll ever use the alternate 'fantasy' music.

#2312 4 years ago

I haven’t even given the new music a listen to. I love the metal soundtrack and it fits the theme and game SOOO well for me there is no need to change or even listen to the other new option.

Quoted from WolfManCat:

The alternative music was a good decision on Sterns behalf, it makes this pin more marketable to those who hate metal music. I however am a huge metal fan and love the original soundtrack; it was a big reason why I chose to purchase. I don't think I'll ever use the alternate 'fantasy' music.

#2313 4 years ago

Just a quick reminder that if anyone wants to express interest in obtaining a set of these BKSOR speaker accents, be sure to let me know via PM by tomorrow March 6th.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5493516

Again, I'm just gauging interest at this point; there is no obligation on anyone's part.

I only ask that you express interest if you truly are seriously interested so we can get a reasonably good estimate of the number we'd need to make. Once we have an idea of how many would potentially need to be made, we'll be able to better figure out if it's a GO based on the cost of materials, what the price would be, etc.

Many thanks to those of you who have responded so far. It is going be interesting to see if this is actually viable over the next few days. Will keep everyone posted.

Brian

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I haven’t even given the new music a listen to. I love the metal soundtrack and it fits the theme and game SOOO well for me there is no need to change or even listen to the other new option.

I gave the alternate music a try for a few games. The music seemed significantly quieter to me, which made the callouts seem that much louder, which changed the overall audio balance for me. I think I'd want to address that balance if I was going to use the alternate music. I like the alternate music, but don't think I'll be using it unless for some reason I want to make my BK3 sound like my Swords of Fury.

#2315 4 years ago

Got my topper today... The videos and pictures don't do it justice. Absolutely amazing. So nice to be pleasently surprised!

20200305_152635 (resized).jpg20200305_152635 (resized).jpg
#2316 4 years ago

Are toppers available on the stern site? How are you guys getting yours?

#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Are toppers available on the stern site? How are you guys getting yours?

Through distributors, I ordered mine through LSOG

#2318 4 years ago

Any tips on dismantling the catapult from the upper playfield? Stern sent me a new one (just the main bare metal part) since mine is broken.

It sure looks like I’ll need to get the upper playfield up in the air, which I’ve never done. I just can’t see getting to some of the attaching nuts towards the rear, without doing that. Ugh.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Through distributors, I ordered mine through LSOG

Did they give you a shipment notification? I also ordered through LSOG. I’m tempering my expectations.

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Did they give you a shipment notification? I also ordered through LSOG. I’m tempering my expectations.

Natta. I ordered the 24th

#2321 4 years ago

Repaired (replaced) my catapult and what a difference! So crisp and snappy now when shots go in. The broken welds gave up 20-30% of the energy of the shots going in, it seems.

Overall the job wasn’t bad but I snapped one of the long hex posts that hold on the upper field.

FYI if this happens to anyone, you can use a simple screw in its place and it works perfectly fine.

Also IMPORTANT, check under plastic # 33 on the left side of the upper field. Likely you are missing a securing screw for the upper field like I was. Add another screw in there and it really tightens down the upper field.

Pics of Sir Charles and I rocking out to my fixed up game, along with my broken catapult.

5F57C039-9E2C-4F74-B283-421AA1601942 (resized).jpeg5F57C039-9E2C-4F74-B283-421AA1601942 (resized).jpeg678EFD95-2D51-48D0-A89B-19C177EAB13F (resized).jpeg678EFD95-2D51-48D0-A89B-19C177EAB13F (resized).jpeg7037DE42-1FB1-4644-88B2-5124A77A625C (resized).jpeg7037DE42-1FB1-4644-88B2-5124A77A625C (resized).jpeg
#2322 4 years ago

Ordered mine in fucking November and crickets.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

October for me.. I just had to contact them to ask about it. Told they will look into it. Sigh.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Quoted from elf70:

October for me.. I just had to contact them to ask about it. Told they will look into it. Sigh.

Do you mind sharing where you ordered from?

I personally am one of those who put in a back order with Little Shop of Games last week.

#2325 4 years ago

Even if you guys ordered the Topper 2000 BC it just was announced to be available officially a week or two ago.

Give it some time. XD

#2326 4 years ago

Stern's distribution method for toppers seems to be completely random and really pisses me off. I order my Star Wars topper from a large distributor many months ago when they officially came available. It seems like every other distributor in the world has gotten them in but crickets on mine.

The other thing is that the toppers should be available either at game release or shortly there after. I've had my BK for almost a year now and would have bought one with the machine if I could have.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern's distribution method for toppers seems to be completely random and really pisses me off. I order my Star Wars topper from a large distributor many months ago when they officially came available. It seems like every other distributor in the world has gotten them in but crickets on mine.
The other thing is that the toppers should be available either at game release or shortly there after. I've had my BK for almost a year now and would have bought one with the machine if I could have.

I feel bad. Perhaps I should head over there this weekend and assemble toppers. Here's one for Wolf, another for John, another for...

#2328 4 years ago

The topper is worth the wait. It's amazing and the game integration is top notch.

Little things like seeing the Black Knight on the topper shake his head as if he's dizzy after the target under the knight in the game is hit is just badass.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The topper is worth the wait. It's amazing and the game integration is top notch.
Little things like seeing the Black Knight on the topper shake his head as if he's dizzy after the target under the knight in the game is hit is just badass.

Some Genius plz take that topper mechanics and minaturize it to give the Knight on the playfield this animated head.

#2330 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/92935

#2331 4 years ago

Just left the club today. Was fun but not a keeper for me.

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Do you mind sharing where you ordered from?
I personally am one of those who put in a back order with Little Shop of Games last week.

Automated

#2333 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the flail hitting the metal ramp? One of the balls on the flail is striking the center ramp but not the other... I had not noticed it until last night but it is causing a good amount of damage to the ramp.. I can also hear it hitting which I never heard before.. The knight is tight, the spring is tight and firmly attached. I tried to push the ball on the end of the spring but it did not budge, maybe it is coming loose or sliding off? Has anyone seen this?

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Has anyone had an issue with the flail hitting the metal ramp? One of the balls on the flail is striking the center ramp but not the other... I had not noticed it until last night but it is causing a good amount of damage to the ramp.. I can also hear it hitting which I never heard before.. The knight is tight, the spring is tight and firmly attached. I tried to push the ball on the end of the spring but it did not budge, maybe it is coming loose or sliding off? Has anyone seen this?

I noticed damage on my ramp too. But when I looked at the flail turning, it doesn't seems to be touching the ramp...?

Also: See post #1851

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I noticed damage on my ramp too. But when I looked at the flail turning, it doesn't seems to be touching the ramp...?
Also: See post #1851

I did push down on the ramp to see if it changed and did not notice it.. I will try to tighten it tonight and see...

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

Yes. The entire Knight assembly had come loose and was rocking on it's bolts.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5482318

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ok, I give up. What does the skeleton knight guy say when you hit the super skill shot? I’ve listened about 20 times and still can’t make it out. “What did someone do with my chair!?”

So I wondered this for a while and saw your post and thought "good I'm not the only one". Then after polishing my upper playfield and into my third Irish Death stout, I played a game. My beer ears ears heard

"Hey, who throw big ball at butcher?"

Is this one of the call outs from The Bare Naked Ladies lead singer, Ed Robertson?

#2338 4 years ago

If anybody is looking for a good solution to clearing up thier upper playfield you should give this a try. I had good results from just using a little elbow grease and a clean cloth. I'm sure with an orbital polishing tool you could get near perfect with this product. If your game is low plays dont bother with step 3.
20200310_175047 (resized).jpg20200310_175047 (resized).jpg

#2339 4 years ago

Got to the black castle again. Been there quite a few times. This time I was one shot away from completing the mode and beating that a**hole. Had 20 seconds to go and just the far right orbit shot. Ofcourse flubbed it and failed. That’s twice now , one shot left , same damn orbit to the right, nervous fingers , and drain. . One day it will happen

#2340 4 years ago

Just pulled my premium off route after 9 months and 7000 plays. Replaced the upper playfield as it was pretty cloudy and had to reweld the catapult ramp as 6 welds (3 on each side) were broken towards the entrance. There is a small divot in the ramp directly under the spinning flail. That pretty much started right away.

Other than that, it held up pretty well.

MVIMG_20200310_230405 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200310_230405 (resized).jpg
#2341 4 years ago

Hello all ... I’m thinking of purchasing a Pro which I’ve never played ...I’m def a fan of fast games (Richie design) ... I currently have a Star Wars Premium and I love it .... Any thoughts of comparison ?
Thanks

#2342 4 years ago

I love the clear upper playfields. To see the art below and actively play on both levels is an excellent feature. This machine's art, lighting and fire dance really make it pop.

#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Just pulled my premium off route after 9 months and 7000 plays. Replaced the upper playfield as it was pretty cloudy and had to reweld the catapult ramp as 6 welds (3 on each side) were broken towards the entrance. There is a small divot in the ramp directly under the spinning flail. That pretty much started right away.
Other than that, it held up pretty well.[quoted image]

if you don’t mind, please contact stern and tell tech about your broken catapult welds. I told them about mine and they said it isn’t a widespread issue. FYI I did get a replacement...see a few posts back where I included pics.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

if you don’t mind, please contact stern and tell tech about your broken catapult welds. I told them about mine and they said it isn’t a widespread issue. FYI I did get a replacement...see a few posts back where I included pics.

I will, thanks! I had to take the ramp out to replace the playfield so it wasn't a biggie. 10 seconds later I had it welded up and ground out so it should be good for 100 years now.

#2345 4 years ago

Whats with this topper. Everything elsenstern announces is released within a week but not this topper

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Whats with this topper. Everything elsenstern announces is released within a week but not this topper

Call your local distributor and get on the list if they don’t have any in stock (i.e., buy it on back order.) I ordered mine that way on the 6th and was just informed last night by UPS that it is being delivered sometime this morning (7 days later counting the day I placed my order.) I was figuring I might not see it for several weeks yet, but I was quite pleasantly surprised by the news.

Now to go watch for my United Parcel Santa in his big brown wheeled land-sleigh ...

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Other than that, it held up pretty well.[quoted image]

On you going to put it back on route now?

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

On you going to put it back on route now?

Nope.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Topper was announced awhile back in late February. I was talking with a nearby distributor and they were told by Stern shipment was gonna be a bit late for them. Which I assume was the case for a couple of places who ordered them.

#2350 4 years ago

Got mine in the mail yesterday! Hopefully get to install it soon (on route) been crazy busy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,582 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/47?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.