IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 112.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've only made the castle once and never rage mode, so not sure how well they would play out like Escape Nublar. Having spent more time with EN now and experiencing what it's about, I think you're right in that assessment though. I really do love how they have added EN as a stand alone mode with its own score tables though. I find myself playing it on a regular basis as it's a lot of fun! It adds another element of variety to the game. What did cross my mind when I first saw EN, and something I've been giving more thought too while playing it is a "Boss Rush" style mode for Black Knight. No TKC, no war hurry ups, no flail hits to activate the next realm. Fight the monsters back to back to the castle. Similar to EN, have score tables for points and best completed times. As an ex game dev, I know it's more complicated to implement than it sounds (even though a huge chunk of the rules already exist). But I love the idea of giving owners a way to access more of the game content.
I spotted another small bug over the weekend with the 1.01 update. During some monster completed sequences the announcer calls out "Exit" instead of one of the new mode completed call outs. It sounds like it's taken from the "Exit, an extra ball" call out, with the rest of the words cut off. Seems to only happen on the first monster completed and not tied to any specific monster or final shot.

Exit? You sure it doesn't say "excellent, an extra ball"

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

Exit? You sure it doesn't say "excellent, an extra ball"

That's the one!

#2253 4 years ago

Topper here yet.. SW Flashback but not such a burn

#2254 4 years ago

I had problems with Munsters LE updating to 1.02 - same issue as described above. I tried renaming from ...spk.001.000 to .spk, and got told it was an invalid file. I reformatted my USB and did exactly what they say to do in the README and it worked. Copied the munsters_le-1_02_0.spk.000.001 file -- didn't rename it. Worked fine. Hope reformatting works (mine was already FAT32, but that seemed to do the trick). The USB came with Black Knight code on it from a dealer I bought the Munsters pin from -- bizarre that it wouldn't work without reformatting the USB stick.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Topper here yet.. SW Flashback but not such a burn

Where did you get it ?

#2256 4 years ago

Hi all, few quick questions...

I've had the screw fall out holding the shield in twice. Sucks because you have to take the whole housing off to fix it. Any tips on how to secure it better?

Also, I really can't figure out what to do to fix this. I still lose at least a ball every two games on the ball going over the flippers and outlanes. I dialed down the slope, set the flippers as soft as possible, what the heck else can I do here? Love this game but it's starting to drive me nuts.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Where did you get it ?

I think it was meant to be a question of "Is the topper here yet?" I'm sure people who are signed up to the Stern Newsletter will probably post on here to spread the info.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from TOKYOSANDBLASTER:

I've had the screw fall out holding the shield in twice. Sucks because you have to take the whole housing off to fix it. Any tips on how to secure it better?

You can mount it with Loctite 270, the green one.

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from TOKYOSANDBLASTER:

Also, I really can't figure out what to do to fix this. I still lose at least a ball every two games on the ball going over the flippers and outlanes. I dialed down the slope, set the flippers as soft as possible, what the heck else can I do here? Love this game but it's starting to drive me nuts.

I was getting an insane amount of airballs off the slings, misc posts, etc. Discovered that basically EVERY post in the game was loose. In some cases barely finger tight or less. Went through and tightened them all and it plays much better now. Still get an occasional airball, but no where near as bad. At minimum check your sling posts and the posts around the knight, ramps, etc. But it wouldn't hurt to check them all. Not sure what Stern is thinking, but they really need to check and follow their torque specs. Most of my newer machines have had this issue, but none quite to this extent.

#2260 4 years ago

Same thing on my ramp posts. Give em a wiggle / hand turn test next time you have the glass off for sure.

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was getting an insane amount of airballs off the slings, misc posts, etc. Discovered that basically EVERY post in the game was loose. In some cases barely finger tight or less. Went through and tightened them all and it plays much better now. Still get an occasional airball, but no where near as bad. At minimum check your sling posts and the posts around the knight, ramps, etc. But it wouldn't hurt to check them all. Not sure what Stern is thinking, but they really need to check and follow their torque specs. Most of my newer machines have had this issue, but none quite to this extent.

This! My location pro has needed virtually every post and screw going into the playfield tightened.

- Shield fell off first, then the posts around the centre of the PF beside the knight all came loose. Games plays so much faster with these nice and snug.
- Then the ball guides next to the flippers came loose, and last week the flail started hitting the ramp. The entire knight assembly was loose and rocking in place. 4 giant machine screws with nylon nuts and it still worked its way that loose. Had to take the entire area apart to get at those and used blue-loctite on them.
- Finally the left spinner upkicker guide was flopping in the breeze.

I'm pretty sure they didn't tighten things down very well at the factory when these were being produced, possible due to the PF pooling and chipping issues?

In any case, definately check everything on your games and keep them nice and tight.

#2262 4 years ago

My LE just came in a few days ago, out of the box the shield was not functioning. I lifted the board and one of the wires was not soldered and just left hanging. Also after about 10 games a screw came lose and flew across the board. I love this game but am very disappointed with the build quality, for the amount of money I dropped on this I should not have had to bust out my soldering kit and spend 30 mins trying to find where this screw flew off from.

#2263 4 years ago

I've had my game since May and just recently it's been making a clicking noise that is coming from the catapult area. It only does it when no one is playing and not all the time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Don

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I've had my game since May and just recently it's been making a clicking noise that is coming from the catapult area. It only does it when no one is playing and not all the time. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Don

I assume it isn’t the lock pin retracting and resetting?

My only thought is if it’s the lock pin, maybe an opto is messed up and the game things there is a ball still in the catapult? It ejects all the balls when the game ends, so if it’s thinking there’s one in there, it might keep activating that pin.

One way to test it a bit would be to unplug one or both optos up there. I’m guessing unplugging they main harness clip up at the catapult on the right side would stop the sound, but it’s one way to guarantee it’s the catapult making the noise.

#2265 4 years ago

For the last few evenings of extended play, I am feeling like my right flipper is struggling a bit. Even with a perfect shot, the ball BARELY has enough oomph to get up the flail ramp. It will even disappear for over a second and JUST creep into view and plunk down on the upper field.

It’s not like the issue many of us had where it’s hit almost too hard that it bangs back and comes back down the ramp. This is making it up smoothly but is just seems weak.

The coil does feel really hot but I’m guessing that’s normal with 10-20 games in a row.

The flipper doesn’t look sloppy or saggy when pressed or unpressed so I’m not sure it’s a coil stop issue. Other than the coil stop being obviously broken, is there another good way to double check that? Naturally, I do have lots of copper fairy dust from the coil stops all in the bottom of the cabinet below each coil.

The issue does seem to get better the next day when the machine starts cold.

#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

For the last few evenings of extended play, I am feeling like my right flipper is struggling a bit. Even with a perfect shot, the ball BARELY has enough oomph to get up the flail ramp. It will even disappear for over a second and JUST creep into view and plunk down on the upper field.
It’s not like the issue many of us had where it’s hit almost too hard that it bangs back and comes back down the ramp. This is making it up smoothly but is just seems weak.
The coil does feel really hot but I’m guessing that’s normal with 10-20 games in a row.
The flipper doesn’t look sloppy or saggy when pressed or unpressed so I’m not sure it’s a coil stop issue. Other than the coil stop being obviously broken, is there another good way to double check that? Naturally, I do have lots of copper fairy dust from the coil stops all in the bottom of the cabinet below each coil.
The issue does seem to get better the next day when the machine starts cold.

You can usually check the coil stops with them still installed. Just put you finger on the center of the backside of the stop where the actual stop is riveted in. See if you can wiggle it with your finger or if it feels loose at all. If you're seeing brass dust in the cab, I would just replace them both. They are easy peasy and like $3.50/each from Pinballife. While at it, clean the plungers and inside the coil sleeves with alcohol.

#2267 4 years ago

Anyone else move the outlane posts? I moved mine down, which I assumed would make it harder to drain, but it seems to me that they drain easier, especially the right one. I'd be curious to hear anyone else's feedback.

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

Anyone else move the outlane posts? I moved mine down, which I assumed would make it harder to drain, but it seems to me that they drain easier, especially the right one. I'd be curious to hear anyone else's feedback.

It should definitely make it harder to drain. I saw video a page or two back where the guy had it moved down on both sides and it saved a ton of balls that would be dead on my factory set one.

Personally, I don’t think BKSOR is a lethal setup with them in the middle stock setting. On AC⚡️DC, I had to move them to the lower post hole. It was just killer with them in the factory spot.

#2269 4 years ago

Your right flipper may have too much (or possibly too little) play if the coil stops are good. If you pull the flipper up it should only move the thickness of a credit card. You can also compare it to the left.

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

I moved mine to "easy" setting. I think it helped a lot. Also changing the rubbers for Titans made the ball bounce more around that area, which make it easier to nudge.

#2272 4 years ago

how much is the topper?

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Topper video

Question is will it actually work once unboxed?

#2274 4 years ago

Still not on Stern's website to purchase.

#2275 4 years ago

That’s the nicest topper Stern has done to date. Hopefully no delays or mechanical issues like SW, but this will be an instant purchase for me.

#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s the nicest topper Stern has done to date. Hopefully no delays or mechanical issues like SW, but this will be an instant purchase for me.

Makes me want a bksor pro actually.

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Been delayed for 6 months already

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Been delayed for 6 months already

How so? The first official video came out an hour ago. There were some location test videos and SR mentioned it in a YouTube video. The timeline seems consistent with R&D and test.

The SW topper, on the other hand, was perpetually announced and delayed based on licensing.

#2279 4 years ago

I like how Stern announces that it's available now and to order from your local distributor,but when I checked my local one they don't have it yet. Probably will take awhile before the shop gets updated. But I rather buy from Stern directly if it will be at a lower price. Since they accidentally had it on their website showing it at $400 before they actually had the product.

#2280 4 years ago

It looks damn good!

#2281 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Makes me want a bksor pro actually.

The pro is a great machine.

#2283 4 years ago

I gave my dizzy money in November and he told me a few weeks on delivery.

#2284 4 years ago

Ordered from my distributor yesterday.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone get it for $399 ?

I don't think so. Stern bumped the price up to $450.

#2287 4 years ago

I just ordered my topper from JJ, he told me ETA is 3 to 4 weeks. I hope these work better than the Star Wars topper!!!

#2288 4 years ago

Received a message today, "Your topper is ready for pickup". Luckily the storm went south so the drive in/out was nice.

Be mindful of the head while unpacking and prepare for feather installation before placing the header on the cabinet. My feather's quill is a bit tiny for the feather-hole and lock. I rolled electrical tape around the quill to provide a firm installation.

I play HCUO (home credit use) and was surprised to find the top-knight has something to say about each coin deposited. I couldn't catch the exact call-out changes, but noticed the knight's eye-flashing-while-talking were swapped from the play-field to the topper. At game's-end; he head-bangs until the music fades. It's pretty neat. I'd have to say this topper and the R2 unit are freeaaking nice. I'm thankful and lucky to have 'em.

Header (resized).pngHeader (resized).png
#2289 4 years ago

Anyone who has the toppers IN STOCK or knows where they are in stock, please post here or IM me. I am tired of waiting for my SW topper and not going to make the same mistake this time. I will order one immediately if I know it is in stock and ready to ship.

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Anyone who has the toppers IN STOCK or knows where they are in stock, please post here or IM me. I am tired of waiting for my SW topper and not going to make the same mistake this time. I will order one immediately if I know it is in stock and ready to ship.

You might have to check in with websites who sell the topper if you can be put on the waitlist for one. I reserved a topper today from Pinball Pirate by e-mailing them and they said they would inform me once mine would come in so I can pick it up. They do shipping as well if you want to reserve from them.

#2291 4 years ago

What was the installation like? Pretty easy bolt on job?

I just had to stop myself from annoying my distributor about when mine would ship.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Received a message today, "Your topper is ready for pickup". Luckily the storm went south so the drive in/out was nice.
Be mindful of the head while unpacking and prepare for feather installation before placing the header on the cabinet. My feather's quill is a bit tiny for the feather-hole and lock. I rolled electrical tape around the quill to provide a firm installation.
I play HCUO (home credit use) and was surprised to find the top-knight has something to say about each coin deposited. I couldn't catch the exact call-out changes, but noticed the knight's eye-flashing-while-talking were swapped from the play-field to the topper. At game's-end; he head-bangs until the music fades. It's pretty neat. I'd have to say this topper and the R2 unit are freeaaking nice. I'm thankful and lucky to have 'em.[quoted image]

Where did you get it ? Lucky you nice !

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I play HCUO (home credit use) and was surprised to find the top-knight has something to say about each coin deposited. I couldn't catch the exact call-out changes, but noticed the knight's eye-flashing-while-talking were swapped from the play-field to the topper. At game's-end; he head-bangs until the music fades. It's pretty neat. I'd have to say this topper and the R2 unit are freeaaking nice. I'm thankful and lucky to have 'em.[quoted image]

Awesome! RockfordReplay can you tell me the height of the BKSOR topper with and without the feather? I have some ceiling height limitations, so want to make sure it would fit before ordering. TIA!

#2294 4 years ago

A friend of mine (non-pinball person, but a regular player of my games when he drops by) surprised me - like REALLY surprised me - with these as a Christmas gift back in December. When I asked him where he got them, he said that he made them himself! I told him that I might know a few other folks who just possibly would be interested in getting a set, but he didn't think I was serious. So nothing ever came of it.

This morning I showed him the official Stern video of the BKSOR topper (I had previously told him about it, so not really a spoiler for him.) He loved it. So I pressed him again about his speaker accents. He finally gave me the OK to post a few pics and see if anybody else liked them.

So here are photos of them in front of red, yellow, green, and teal LED speaker lights along with what one looks like with the game turned off.

These actually stand out from the speaker grills; they are not mounted flat or essentially flat against them. The other really nice thing is that they are mounted totally from the OUTSIDE - you do not have to open the backbox, mess with removing speakers, etc. to put them on.

Right now he just wants to gauge interest and, if there is sufficient interest, said he would consider doing a run (and I'd lose my exclusive - damn it. ) But at this point there is no price set or store or orders being taken or any other sets even made; all of that would be figured out should there be enough interest. He said that the mounting hardware would be included if he does do a run, of course.

So if you might be interested in getting a set, send me a Pinside Mail message and let me know. I'll pass along the tallied level of interest as of Friday March 6th and update everyone on what he decides from there.

Thanks for taking a look.

On Red (resized).jpgOn Red (resized).jpgOn Yellow (resized).jpgOn Yellow (resized).jpgOn Green (resized).jpgOn Green (resized).jpgOn Teal (resized).jpgOn Teal (resized).jpgOff (resized).jpgOff (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Quick Update: we would also be able to do a smaller version for LE owners that would fit inside lighted speaker rings should this get the green light.

#2295 4 years ago

Looks great! I think red backlight is best

#2296 4 years ago

Those look great! Maybe a shade of purple that matches the backglass for the lighting?

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The local dealers are at an advantage when driving in to Stern and picking up their machines, parts and accessories. They have quick access to information and vendor/supplier chains like Pinball Life. I wonder if a dealer search using Chicago zip codes will provide a dealer for your in-stock needs.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What was the installation like? Pretty easy bolt on job?
I just had to stop myself from annoying my distributor about when mine would ship.

Very easy and identical to their other headers. The Stern machines have a wire plug and (4) screws pre-installed. Simply remove the (4) screws and plug, slip the wires thru, place the topper and re-install the screws. There's (2) connections; one for power and one for signal.

Quoted from Mando:

Where did you get it ? Lucky you nice !

My local dealer is Hemispheres. Kurt and Mark are pretty cool; they've provided most of my Stern machines and accessories.

Quoted from crobi1017:

Awesome! rockfordreplay can you tell me the height of the BKSOR topper with and without the feather? I have some ceiling height limitations, so want to make sure it would fit before ordering. TIA!

It looks like 7-1/2". I'd suggest 7-3/4" at a minimum and push for 8". The head is a high-point and the movement needs to be considered.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Those look great! Maybe a shade of purple that matches the backglass for the lighting?

My apologies for the pics. I've got my speaker lights set to rapidly go through a sequence of colors and repeat, with each one starting low then pulsing to a peak intensity only to fade back down to start the rising pulse of the next color.

I used my phone as best as I could to capture a sampling of the colors at peak brightness, but between my phone's camera and timing skills, I most likely didn't get it very exact. The "teal" one in particular looks bad because of the darker "box" around the helmet. But I think that's one where I caught the rich blue (like the box) fading away en route to the next color in the sequence.

But these were the best ones I got in my excitement to get something posted ASAP once he said I could ... and before he changed his mind!

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

A friend of mine (non-pinball person, but a regular player of my games when he drops by) surprised me - like REALLY surprised me - with these as a Christmas gift back in December. When I asked him where he got them, he said that he made them himself! I told him that I might know a few other folks who just possibly would be interested in getting a set, but he didn't think I was serious. So nothing ever came of it.
This morning I showed him the official Stern video of the BKSOR topper (I had previously told him about it, so not really a spoiler for him.) He loved it. So I pressed him again about his speaker accents. He finally gave me the OK to post a few pics and see if anybody else liked them.
So here are photos of them in front of red, yellow, green, and teal LED speaker lights along with what one looks like with the game turned off.
These actually stand out from the speaker grills; they are not mounted flat or essentially flat against them. The other really nice thing is that they are mounted totally from the OUTSIDE - you do not have to open the backbox, mess with removing speakers, etc. to put them on.
Right now he just wants to gauge interest and, if there is sufficient interest, said he would consider doing a run (and I'd lose my exclusive - damn it. ) But at this point there is no price set or store or orders being taken or any other sets even made; all of that would be figured out should there be enough interest. He said that the mounting hardware would be included if he does do a run, of course.
So if you might be interested in getting a set, send me a Pinside Mail message and let me know. I'll pass along the tallied level of interest as of Friday March 6th and update everyone on what he decides from there.
Thanks for taking a look.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look killer!
Put me in for a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.