IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 112.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Play it some more to be sure. Your stellar games may very well have compelled him to wimp out quickly because you showed him no mercy.

True lol. It was about the second or third monster where he asked to have a beer.

Quick clarification question on Retro Multiball (the first KNIGHT one). When you’re activating supers by hitting the spinner and then the center target...all those points earned are instant, right? You don’t need to activate the super jackpot (now the magnasave right return lane) to earn them, right? It’s just a black screen with a retro logo and score, so I figured it was instant and not points you have to unlock through the super jackpot, right?

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

True lol. It was about the second or third monster where he asked to have a beer.
Quick clarification question on Retro Multiball (the first KNIGHT one). When you’re activating supers by hitting the spinner and then the center target...all those points earned are instant, right? You don’t need to activate the super jackpot (now the magnasave right return lane) to earn them, right? It’s just a black screen with a retro logo and score, so I figured it was instant and not points you have to unlock through the super jackpot, right?

I'm actually not sure if you get any sizeable amount of points for lighting the super or collecting the super (on the center target), the main points from them are gained by hitting the shots associated with them (super spinner? rip the spinner for points). The magnasave collect of the super jackpot completely removes all of your supers and "collects" but I don't think the value is there to make it worth more than just hitting shots and playing the game.

#2203 4 years ago

The way I was reading the update log super values esp during multiball should be a game changer.

#2204 4 years ago

That was my thoughts on the supers as well when reading the log. However, my experience as an average player is that you will use your multiballs just to safely hit the center target and collect the supers, any other time you risk draining and losing all progress, or using magnasave and losing all progress. I'm starting to sound like a broken record on it, but I really don't think supers are completely where they should be yet, but they are taking big steps in the right direction.

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

It’s too bad it wasn’t choice select w/ flippers at the start of game.

That’s what I recommended to Tim.
It’s harder to locate in the menu option 110 and many operators and people would never even know it’s available.

It should be player selectable at the beginning of the game with your flipper buttons kind a like what they did with Sega Frankenstein.

#2206 4 years ago

new grand champion score shy of 300 Million, second game on my pro after updating, definitely more points from war hurry ups. i also got a second extra ball, never experienced that before.
Not quite sure about the new Super jackpot rules, how do you cash those in if magna save is not lit?
Update feels really solid, looking forward to find more stuff. BKSoR rocks

#2207 4 years ago

Updated the new code, but don't see where you can change the music. Does anyone know?

#2208 4 years ago

I vote for beginning game selection of Scott Ian, alternate soundtrack, or C&C music factory

#2209 4 years ago

Found it # 99 in audit. Didn't think it would be that good, but I really enjoy the new soundtrack. Who took part in it? Still wish there was an adult mode were the callouts were more rate R.

#2210 4 years ago

Just found this: Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pinball-Behind the Curtain

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

For the ppl willing to check out the new soundtrack, you can get it here :

as said on YT, nice played & tanx for sharing

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as said on YT, nice played & tanx for sharing

that was a good game! So many balls that always drain down the left outlane on mine...but I think I spy some posts set to narrow the lanes if I zoom in on the video! Lol still a great game though. Saved a lot of center drains.

#2213 4 years ago

I updated to 1.01 last night and managed to get a good session in before going to bed. The content Tim squeezed in to this update exceeded what I was expecting and it looks to me like he has taken on board feedback from owners to make the game better. I looked back at the bug report & feedback email I sent awhile back and see several of the points addressed - I think that's excellent and I appreciate that!

Some random thoughts in no particular order (based on playing the PRO model):

- Alternative soundtrack is good, but I'll probably stick with the original as it's one of the games best features. I do hope Tim can make this a selection at the start of a game as I know I'd use it more if I didn't have to go in and out of the service menu to select it each time. It's a nice and unexpected addition to the game though.

- 250K, 750K awards from Mystery are gone. YAAY! These felt out of balance with the rest of the scoring. Replacing them with 2M - 5M is welcomed.

- New call outs for rage, war, monster complete, super level up, etc are all very welcomed and help with feedback for the player.

- Center target now contributes more towards sword fill which I think is excellent. The game needed at least 1 other target to help boost the sword power up to 100%. Having the sword start at 70% and then 40% also helps bring this feature into more modes.

- Moving war hurry up light show / animation above other modes is a good move too so it's now visible.

- Increased points from War Hurry up now makes it worth going for point wise. I like that the pop bumpers are brought into this and I now have a reason to hit them (outside of super pops in retro mode).

- The monster sounds during the realm intro have been softened which is a negative for me. I loved hearing the hydra and lich lords roaring loud enough to bring my walls down. Now it's much softer and far less menacing. I'm guessing this was to bring the Black Knights voice more to the forefront - but bring back the menacing beast roars!

- Additional points for successful magna save is good too as the original 550K felt like nothing for a successful save.

- I'm not a huge fan of any point boost you earn before starting a mode being wiped out when you lose a ball. You're already carrying a risk trying to boost the base monster value before getting into a mode. As a PRO player, the only way I can do this is via the flail ramp (I think Premium / LE owners have ways to boost it on the upper playfield?). Maybe I could "Play Better!", but I feel the penalty of losing a ball is punishment enough.

- Taking super jackpot collection away from the left VUK is good. I never really liked that I was forced to collect it from a shot that's used for several other things in the game. Having them run without a timer and being able to boost and build them as I play is better. I do like this change. At this point though I'm not convinced that a player should have to sacrifice their magna save to collect the jackpot. I think a better approach would be to have the player press the lockdown bar button within 3 - 5 seconds of hitting the left VUK, but magna save should be disabled on the first press during this period. Switch the colour of the lockdown bar button during this window to help players identify when it's open to collect. I just don't see the connection with having to sacrifice your magna save to collect super.

- The bug where the retro mode music begins early (if you activate retro mode while the monster complete animation is playing) it still present. I'd still like to see that fixed. It's a minor thing though.

I had more things I wanted to comment on but have slipped my mind right now. I 'm going to spend more time with the game over the next few nights getting more familiar with the new super rules and my head around the magna save sacrifice to collect. In short though it is an excellent update, but still a few more things are needed (especially around the supers). I'd still like a smaller 2 ball multi ball (at least for the PRO which is lacking in multiball modes) along with a small HUD element to show the lock status towards TKC.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

but bring back the menacing beast roars!

This! See, unlike the music... making this an option to increase or decrease sound levels in the menus would be alright by me. I effin love the linch lords intro. Gets me pumped!

#2215 4 years ago

Great update, but:
+bring back the menacing beast roars!!!!!
+make soundtrack selectable

#2216 4 years ago

Last time I updated my BKSOR code, I used a windows system. Now I only have a Mac. Wonder if it’ll cause any problem if I update using the Mac. Love my premium and don’t want to screw it up

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

- The monster sounds during the realm intro have been softened which is a negative for me. I loved hearing the hydra and lich lords roaring loud enough to bring my walls down. Now it's much softer and far less menacing. I'm guessing this was to bring the Black Knights voice more to the forefront - but bring back the menacing beast roars!

Oh man...I knew something seemed off but couldn't put my finger on it. YES...need to bring the roars back! Please Tim!!

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

Last time I updated my BKSOR code, I used a windows system. Now I only have a Mac. Wonder if it’ll cause any problem if I update using the Mac. Love my premium and don’t want to screw it up

I've used a Mac to do all my updates on my Premium. Never had an issue.
You're just copying a file to a USB stick.

#2219 4 years ago

As an Le owner ive thrown a few games on it and im quite impressed....

Most positive is definitely the supers and super collection... The magna save to me is much better than the left vuk but not ideal. possibly holding in the button for collection or something... I do see why they did it, ie risk reward etc plus utilizing the lockdown button.

Also boosting the sword is very welcomed.

On the negative I agree.... Why were the monster roars toned down? c'mon Tim the whole theme of the game is to be menacing and scary as shit.

My biggest negative is point resetting on ball loss particularly for the LE with the sky loop... Its very disappointing that you have to rebuild your shot score for it every ball. I always loved building that loop up throughout the game. It made it a shot worth going for... Bring it back Tim. Maybe there is a setting for it to be turned on or off, I haven't checked but if its not there it would be good to choose.

more lighting effects and sound with the supers would be great and please give us a TKC status on the display. I cant think of any recent release that doesn't clearly show status for a major mb.

Overall a great update. I would also like a little mini 2 ball mode for something just as an extra. I do understand why pro owners feel lack luster with multiballs but that's unfortunately sometimes how it rolls when getting a pro. Im a pro advocate but this game really should be focussed around the full version... which already has 6 mbs. A good incentive to upgrade which I would encourage as it adds so much to shots and strategy.

This game is heading in the right direction to be a classic. I really think this title has the legs over some other recent releases and will stay in collections longer than expected. It has the most play again feel in a game ive experienced for a while. I keep banging on about it in my posts but that F#$%ing first stern stream killed it for this game and it has struggled to regain momentum. The JD solo stream helped but man that first factory stream was soooo bad for the prem/le.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Great update, but:
+bring back the menacing beast roars!!!!!
+make soundtrack selectable

Great code, even better if the soundtrack was selectable.

#2221 4 years ago

I still think an adult mode is in order. I did spring for the topper today.

Mike

#2222 4 years ago

I might be the only one that likes the manga save as a super collect but it is partly because the manga save never works if the ball is actually on it's way out. Need more powah.

Anybody hear word on projected topper ship dates?

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

This video really gives you a new appreciation for the game

#2224 4 years ago

Interesting bug on my Premium with the new code. I was in the Molten mode and I ran out of time without killing the monster. In fact the last shot was able to get my KNIGHT letter. Later on in the ball, I shot the shield lock, which was orange, and it re-started the mode, with my remaining shots left. I cleared the shots and got the reward.

In other news, I had a Catapult Multi ball after I had started the Mud Bog. I ended up with a Mud Bog total of 103 million. The new codes must have really multiplied the scoring. At this point now with about 25 plays on the new code I have new mode high scores on all of them. Fun stuff

#2225 4 years ago

Happy birthday to the King
86283458_2582210305384732_7349456575586631680_n (resized).jpg86283458_2582210305384732_7349456575586631680_n (resized).jpg86182960_1396212940560914_1562695327771787264_n (resized).jpg86182960_1396212940560914_1562695327771787264_n (resized).jpg85096983_2744213662472750_6419540544766083072_n (resized).jpg85096983_2744213662472750_6419540544766083072_n (resized).jpg

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from crobi1017:

I have a Mac and had no problem updating the code.

#2227 4 years ago

Ok, I give up. What does the skeleton knight guy say when you hit the super skill shot? I’ve listened about 20 times and still can’t make it out. “What did someone do with my chair!?”

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Scoring seem nerfed overall to anyone else? Just played two stellar games in a row and got nowhere near a high score.
Last game I had:
- 4 catapult MB
- 2 TK MB
- retro MB
- 2 WAR hurry ups
- 5 monsters beat
- 2 extra balls
Only 304M. Feels like that would have been high 400’s if not 500 on the last code.

After spending the last few days with the new code on my PRO, I'm wondering if you might be on to something.

In general my average games are returning higher points, which is due to the increased point gain from monsters and the easier sword of rage setting (thanks for this Tim, I'm happy to be getting more use from SoR as a feature). But my good games are not seeing the same sort of higher point gain I was on 1.00. What would separate my average and good scores on 1.00 is retro mode. Now that I'm on 1.01, retro mode is not returning anywhere near the same sort of value it was before. Where I might collect 120M - 200M before on 1.00, I'm now pulling in only 30M - 60M on 1.01. That's a huge drop.

It's almost like the the multiplier is not being applied across the supers during retro mode.

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Can we order the topper yet ?

It's not currently on the Stern shop, so I'd say no.

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It's not currently on the Stern shop, so I'd say no.

And the blank placeholder for it is gone now too.

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Can we order the topper yet ?

Should be soon

#2233 4 years ago

I got the new code ...
They got this right ...
I’m ready to order ...
And top my Black Knight!

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I got the new code ...
They got this right ...
I’m ready to order ...
And top my Black Knight!

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Join the Facebook page it’s all catalogued there.

#2236 4 years ago

I wonder if they will announce a day and/or time they will start selling the topper. Definitely going to buy it for my Sword of Rage when it comes in.

#2238 4 years ago

I really like the update so far. Tons of small stuff everywhere. The new animations for points, the new callouts when you defeat monsters, the new way to collect supers is nice too. Positively impressed.

#2239 4 years ago

to you guys owner of a BKSOR (eve more if you're a "player"), can i ask how good/better is the pin now in 1.01 ?

and i'll also explain few little things about me (& the BKSOR) :

- as lots of others guys, it is a dream theme
- in my head, a BK pin would have been a BK pin only with a second level playfiled (but ok, i'll tell more later about that), than i admit i first forget about the PRO and didnt really play it
- on a LE, i was a bit upset because it is more than easy (from factory & even without the STERN addon) to keep the ball on that upper playfielfd (with some good nudge... but in the same time the catapult lock is not an easy shoot)
- from what just said above, i feel BK was not for me, to much time spend on that upper part, trying to lock ball, again & again...
- than Romain made his sword mod, making ball going from left scoop to left inlane/flipper (mod is still under development), and seems this is changing the way we can feel the PRO playing, with no more 3 returns on the right inlane VS 0 to the left, i believe this could equilibrate that "bad" sensation i firstly have with the PRO
- than i've watched the Doctor Pinball 2 new videos/1.01 code, and i really enjoyed what i've seen, about the gameplay, about the nostalgia mood (KNIGHT modes), and of course about the theme including animation, sound & lightning, which is really great

and than, back to my initial ask (about the PRO version which i may now consider), is this really a good pin or not !?
tanx in advance

edit : i know it will be better to me to play/test it myself, but there's no BK available in my area

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

to you guys owner of a BKSOR (eve more if you're a "player"), can i ask how good/better is the pin now in 1.01 ?
- in my head, a BK pin would have been a BK pin only with a second level playfiled (but ok, i'll tell more later about that), than i admit i first forget about the PRO and didnt really play it
- on a LE, i was a bit upset because it is more than easy (from factory & even without the STERN addon) to keep the ball on that upper playfielfd (with some good nudge... but in the same time the catapult lock is not an easy shoot)
- from what just said above, i feel BK was not for me, to much time spend on that upper part, trying to lock ball, again & again...
- than Romain made his sword mod, making ball going from left scoop to left inlane/flipper (mod is still under development), and seems this is changing the way we can feel the PRO playing, with no more 3 returns on the right inlane VS 0 to the left, i believe this could equilibrate that "bad" sensation i firstly have with the PRO
- than i've watched the Doctor Pinball 2 new videos/1.01 code, and i really enjoyed what i've seen, about the gameplay, about the nostalgia mood (KNIGHT modes), and of course about the theme including animation, sound & lightning, which is really great
and than, back to my initial ask (about the PRO version which i may now consider), is this really a good pin or not !?
tanx in advance
edit : i know it will be better to me to play/test it myself, but there's no BK available in my area

The pro really *did* look good in that video. Nice to be able to see and hear a game without someone yammering on the entire time. So rare on these videos.

But yeah... that video made me want a pro also

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx in advance

I enjoy the pro and it’s a great pin. With this title though after playing both and deciding, I went Le as the backglass was beautiful in the flesh. But I did go for prem/Le setup for the upper pf... it adds so much strategy and 3 of the best shots on the pin, sky loop is awesome when you get a combo of them going, catapult is super satisfying, stacking those balls in the catapult is very rewarding. I’m a sucker for physical locks though. and hitting that target for monster hits with the upper pf lighting effects, such a great feeling.

To me it’s night and day as the pro is just too stripped in this case and the game strategy is too different. Typical Richie really as he tends to always strip out the pro. Pro is still a great buy but really if your a bk Richie fan you will regret missing a big chunk of this 3rd install in the series.

#2242 4 years ago

Just noticed tonight that my catapult looks odd. I think the very weak welds may have let loose, as the metal bits look improperly separated. It flops around a bit. Still seems to work but I don’t know that it’s right. I imagine this will be an unpleasant conversation with Stern since this won’t be cheap, and this is on a 5 month old machine.

B9F57588-114F-4B6E-B0D3-1F8B2E2556FB (resized).jpegB9F57588-114F-4B6E-B0D3-1F8B2E2556FB (resized).jpegF9156697-C525-4A99-871F-B58F17041AB4 (resized).jpegF9156697-C525-4A99-871F-B58F17041AB4 (resized).jpeg
#2243 4 years ago

UNFORGIVABLE

Edit: But for real, get in contact with stern, that's unacceptable for a game this new. Only other time I've seen that happen was on my TOTAN, the skill shot back popped off.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ok, I give up. What does the skeleton knight guy say when you hit the super skill shot? I’ve listened about 20 times and still can’t make it out. “What did someone do with my chair!?”

Try listening again with the knowledge that the character is named Butcher. He says something like “who throw ball at Butcher?”

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from gasface:

Try listening again with the knowledge that the character is named Butcher. He says something like “who throw ball at Butcher?”

I did finally hear that last night. I think what threw me off is the “impeded” speech. I think he is saying “hey, who dropped big ball on butcher!?”

Maybe Butcher is the one who smashed the welds on my catapult!

#2246 4 years ago

5 pack of Cliffy Protectors installed:

26773D0F-4FD5-4E7B-97CC-DA96C2C797AD (resized).jpeg26773D0F-4FD5-4E7B-97CC-DA96C2C797AD (resized).jpeg8A14F7B4-B179-4F83-828B-EC185445CFFB (resized).jpeg8A14F7B4-B179-4F83-828B-EC185445CFFB (resized).jpegAED62A6A-61B1-4491-BEAF-31B678B30CB8 (resized).jpegAED62A6A-61B1-4491-BEAF-31B678B30CB8 (resized).jpegC056AD99-5873-4B55-B560-7D0F7EDBC60E (resized).jpegC056AD99-5873-4B55-B560-7D0F7EDBC60E (resized).jpeg
#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

5 pack of Cliffy Protectors installed:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long did that take? I haven’t installed the VUK Cliffys yet.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

How long did that take? I haven’t installed the VUK Cliffys yet.

Several hours. The one at the back of the left orbit takes as long as all of the others.

#2249 4 years ago

Right now I'm all about the topper. I put the new code in, played one game and shut it off. Once the topper is on I will be playing non stop. Until then I have a couple new EMs to tweak and will continue on my quest to roll Paragon and Joker Poker.

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm all for options, so do not get me wrong, but there is a world of difference between Escape Nublar and Black Castle. EN very much feels like a minigame of its own. Hell...on it's own it is deeper than many games. You get three balls, work your way through the entire map, etc. It is very long, varied and satisfying as a game of its own. BC would not have nearly that effect. It is more of a traditional mode...really not that much different than any of the monster battles, with a cool multiball frenzy mode in RAGE if you beat it. Again...not saying options are a bad thing...but it's really not apples to apples here to throw the feature into BK.

I've only made the castle once and never rage mode, so not sure how well they would play out like Escape Nublar. Having spent more time with EN now and experiencing what it's about, I think you're right in that assessment though. I really do love how they have added EN as a stand alone mode with its own score tables though. I find myself playing it on a regular basis as it's a lot of fun! It adds another element of variety to the game. What did cross my mind when I first saw EN, and something I've been giving more thought too while playing it is a "Boss Rush" style mode for Black Knight. No TKC, no war hurry ups, no flail hits to activate the next realm. Fight the monsters back to back to the castle. Similar to EN, have score tables for points and best completed times. As an ex game dev, I know it's more complicated to implement than it sounds (even though a huge chunk of the rules already exist). But I love the idea of giving owners a way to access more of the game content.

I spotted another small bug over the weekend with the 1.01 update. During some monster completed sequences the announcer calls out "Exit" instead of one of the new mode completed call outs. It sounds like it's taken from the "Exit, an extra ball" call out, with the rest of the words cut off. Seems to only happen on the first monster completed and not tied to any specific monster or final shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/45?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.