IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 112.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

It's taken me 1039 plays on my Pro, but finally I made it to the Black Castle.
Loved the animation, music and shots. Managed to get some hits on him before draining, but sadly it was my last ball.
It's a long road to get back there, but keen to see it again soon.

The black castle sequence continues if you drain the ball ?

#2102 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

The black castle sequence continues if you drain the ball ?

No. You start over. It’s a flaw in the game IMHO to have it be that arduous to get there and then have one single ball for 20 (I think?) precision shots with no multiball or ball save, or you have to completely start over.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No. You start over. It’s a flaw in the game IMHO to have it be that arduous to get there and then have one single ball for 20 (I think?) precision shots with no multiball or ball save, or you have to completely start over.

When I said "It's a long road back" I was only thinking about having to start a new game and work towards it again. I'd have been shattered to find on my next ball I was back at the start again.

Tim posted this to his Instagram story earlier today:

bksor_beta (resized).jpgbksor_beta (resized).jpg

What's in that beta code feature wise - who knows. I'd assume most of the stuff from INDISC and maybe a few other things? If the code is in BETA, then a 1.0X update hopefully isn't far away. Not sure if that means the topper release is also close.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

When I said "It's a long road back" I was only thinking about having to start a new game and work towards it again. I'd have been shattered to find on my next ball I was back at the start again.
Tim posted this to his Instagram story earlier today:
[quoted image]
What's in that beta code feature wise - who knows. I'd assume most of the stuff from INDISC and maybe a few other things? If the code is in BETA, then a 1.0X update hopefully isn't far away. Not sure if that means the topper release is also close.

yeah it’s sort of crazy. At a minimum the game should continue battling the night in black castle mode if you have more balls left. That said, I bet the number of people who make it that far and have balls remaining are few and far between. I know I got three extra balls in my one successful journey there, and it was on that sixth ball that I activated it and then drained.

Apparently, the new code will make it even HARDER to make it to castle mode, which also seems ridiculous. It adds two more shots to each monster in the default setting. Seems like it’ll almost be mandatory to go in and change it to Easy.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Apparently, the new code will make it even HARDER to make it to castle mode, which also seems ridiculous. It adds two more shots to each monster in the default setting. Seems like it’ll almost be mandatory to go in and change it to Easy.

Currently the default is easy, so there is no way to make it easier. At least once the default becomes medium, easy might be a little easier.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Based on the numbers mentioned in the INDISC notes, I thought most monster hits required now in easy will becomes the new medium settings. I think only a couple of the monsters have been bumped up. Meaning the up coming medium is basically the current easy.

I do agree though that you should be able to continue fighting the Black Knight. Or at the very least, have to hit the flail/knight/shield shots to activate him again.

#2107 4 years ago

I agree with the final mode needing to be a multiball or something like that.

With monster hits I crank them up... if you get on a roll on the upper playfield with the target shot you can easily gather up a lot of hits and points rapidly... sometimes it's not so easy.

I play this game a little differently. I don't play it like a journey to fight the bk. I play it more like acdc with song modes. I focus on beating my high score for each monster etc. I find when I play it that way I usually obtain ransom and even bk more regularly. Just the way I play this game.though.

#2108 4 years ago

Managed blow past my old GC score by 200 million tonight on my PRO. Didn't make it to the Black Castle though

bksword_score_619258650 (resized).jpgbksword_score_619258650 (resized).jpg
#2109 4 years ago

Wowowow! HUGE game on a pro! Where did most of your points come from?

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Wowowow! HUGE game on a pro! Where did most of your points come from?

Over half my points came from the first retro mode. I picked up 369 million from that alone.

Although it worked in my favor this time, it does continue to bug me that supers are not worth much outside this mode. And when you activate retro mode, you're hoping for some luck that it's super pops and super spinner straight up as you can rack up points very quickly with 3 balls out and ball save running.

#2111 4 years ago

The timer is so short it's what gets me

#2112 4 years ago

Added the shooter rod and hooked on pinball flipper toppers. Anyone having issues getting the toppers to stay on during play? My left one just flies off.

199ED9CF-8C70-497A-B12B-8325C771FCAE (resized).jpeg199ED9CF-8C70-497A-B12B-8325C771FCAE (resized).jpeg704836B4-89E3-49FE-A068-1FDE2B4DCB55 (resized).jpeg704836B4-89E3-49FE-A068-1FDE2B4DCB55 (resized).jpeg
#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Anyone having issues getting the toppers to stay on during play? My left one just flies off.

Page #38

DON'T try superglue. I've used Gorilla tape, it holded for a while but one flyed off during the weekend. I'll give a second chance to Gorilla in case it was badly glued, but if it doens't hold I think I'm going to remove them all.

#2114 4 years ago

Double sided Gorilla Tape worked for me. Just apply it over the entire back side of the sword!

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Double sided Gorilla Tape worked for me. Just apply it over the entire back side of the sword!

Expose one side of the tape.
Tape over the entire back.
Trim with Xacto knife/similar.
Peel off other side and apply to flipper.
Be sure to press the tape onto both the sword and the flipper HARD and hold it for a at least 10 seconds . You may want to hold or shim the flipper bat when applying the newly-taped sword to the flipper.

#2116 4 years ago

Thanks for tips guys. Guess I’m going no decal. After 1 ball this happened.

70B9C42D-D422-4111-B9E1-627A3C5B1975 (resized).jpeg70B9C42D-D422-4111-B9E1-627A3C5B1975 (resized).jpeg
#2117 4 years ago

Sword stayed... decal tore

#2118 4 years ago

Cant wait for the stern of the union to finally shed some light on all things bksor!

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Cant wait for the stern of the union to finally shed some light on all things bksor!

*giggle*

Well, I „hope“ it‘ll happen.

#2120 4 years ago

Accessories:
Check out our Stern Shop for all accessories, collectibles, clothing and more including this month’s featured item, the Black Knight Topper! This interactive topper is currently in production and will be available for purchase soon!

#2121 4 years ago

No mention of the code whatsoever. Gonna be a while. Also love how the link they put for the topper leads to a blank white page. Seems about fitting. Lol

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Sword stayed... decal tore

No offense but I've always found those flipper "toppers" to look cheesy and junky anyway.

The flipper is an iconic part of the machine. Show it off in its *true naked glory*

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

No offense but I've always found those flipper "toppers" to look cheesy and junky anyway.
The flipper is an iconic part of the machine. Show it off in its *true naked glory*

None taken. To each their own... I go back and forth, some i like and some I don’t. Looks like no decal and gorilla tape for the win. I like it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No mention of the code whatsoever. Gonna be a while. Also love how the link they put for the topper leads to a blank white page. Seems about fitting. Lol

Hilarious i know. Should of just been a link to a pic of a middle finger.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Hilarious i know. Should of just been a link to a pic of a middle finger.

Next month they’ll put a link to new code but it’ll go to a rickroll video

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Don’t give them any ideas. I don’t need to see the Black Knight doing Rick Ashley dance moves on the display. Although if they can license Never Gonna Give You Up, I wouldn’t mind having it as an adjustment setting that defaults to OFF just so I can mess with some of my frequent pin-guests.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Don’t give them any ideas. I don’t need to see the Black Knight doing Rick Ashley dance moves on the display. Although if they can license Never Gonna Give You Up, I wouldn’t mind having it as an adjustment setting that defaults to OFF just so I can mess with some of my frequent pin-guests.

Still better than him calling me "bruh". Wish that had a setting. Waiting for the code update and then I'll take care of that with Pinball Browser.

#2128 4 years ago

Black Knight SoR LE - wife was playing the game and told me that a screw came loose (tiny black one). It was on the lower playfield near the Right Bank Drop targets. When I pulled the glass to get the screw I saw a Plastic laying on top/near the drop targets.

But, now the fun part... For the life of me I can't figure out where it goes. I must be getting old!

I've attached a picture of the screws and plastic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BK plastic (resized).jpgBK plastic (resized).jpg
#2129 4 years ago

Look right above the targets. This is coming loose on a lot of machines mine included.

20200205_184729 (resized).jpg20200205_184729 (resized).jpg
#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Would be nice to see them add some more multiball modes to the game.

#2132 4 years ago

just a tip if you haven’t done this already, go through all your plastics and little black screws. Many will likely be loose. Also lock tite them. Don’t forget to open up the catapult plastics and lock tite the little screws holding in the opto boards. Those really suck when they come out and get lost in the playfield.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Would be nice to see them add some more multiball modes to the game.

The Pro needs a two ball multiball, like the orig. BK had.

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

BK2K also had a 2 ball multiball

#2135 4 years ago

You hear that Tim Sexton! We need a 2 ball multiball.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The pro needs an upper playfield like the original BK had.

I kid, I kid.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

The pro needs an upper playfield like the original BK had.
I kid, I kid.

Well, that ship has sailed.

Given how it turned out, I actually prefer the Pro I think.

#2138 4 years ago

The reason why this game is so difficult ( to not head banging at )

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The pro technically has 4 multiball modes, but I'm only good enough to get to 2 of them

#2140 4 years ago

Looks like the new jurassic park code added an ultimate wizard mode and you can skip right to it for a challenge mode with it's own separate high score board. Would be cool to have this feature on black knight where it automatically puts you at black castle and you have 1 ball to beat the black knight and get rage multiball

#2141 4 years ago

I think the way they have put the Wizard mode (into JP) as an additional mini game that can be accessed from the start button and played separate from the game (that also includes its own high score tables for points and speed run) is awesome. Can't wait to get my JP updated tonight.

Having the Black Castle take this approach would be a nice addition too.

Meanwhile I scratch my head wondering why we're waiting on a topper release for bug fixes and minor tweaks for a BK code update

#2142 4 years ago

I'm all for options, so do not get me wrong, but there is a world of difference between Escape Nublar and Black Castle. EN very much feels like a minigame of its own. Hell...on it's own it is deeper than many games. You get three balls, work your way through the entire map, etc. It is very long, varied and satisfying as a game of its own. BC would not have nearly that effect. It is more of a traditional mode...really not that much different than any of the monster battles, with a cool multiball frenzy mode in RAGE if you beat it. Again...not saying options are a bad thing...but it's really not apples to apples here to throw the feature into BK.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well, that ship has sailed.
Given how it turned out, I actually prefer the Pro I think.

The pro is great and holds its own but I'm a huge advocate for the upper pf.... it adds so much to the game and strategy.

I put the bad wrap it gets simply down to not understanding how it works and understanding how to shoot it.

The sky-loop shot is pure fun... I've hit it 4 in a row I think is my best but it also has huge points value as you progress and boasts monster scores.

The lock shot is satisfying to hit as is the catapult lock shot. Again it's all about understanding how it works and how to shoot it... I've said before... that early stern stream where the upper playfield was played like totally shit and also how it wasn't explained didn't help the game at all. I don't think I could ever see myself settling with a pro of this game... and I usually always get pros.

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The pro is great and holds its own but I'm a huge advocate for the upper pf.... it adds so much to the game and strategy.
I put the bad wrap it gets simply down to not understanding how it works and understanding how to shoot it.
The sky-loop shot is pure fun... I've hit it 4 in a row I think is my best but it also has huge points value as you progress and boasts monster scores.
The lock shot is satisfying to hit as is the catapult lock shot. Again it's all about understanding how it works and how to shoot it... I've said before... that early stern stream where the upper playfield was played like totally shit and also how it wasn't explained didn't help the game at all. I don't think I could ever see myself settling with a pro of this game... and I usually always get pros.

Well said. Yeah that flail ramp -> catapult combo shot is even better than nailing that bell in AC⚡️DC. So rewarding feeling and even sounding. The metal ramp and then Ca-THUNK...into the catapult

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

The pro technically has 4 multiball modes, but I'm only good enough to get to 2 of them

I have only been able to acquire the first two multiballs. What are the other two?

#2146 4 years ago

I wish they would incorporate more GI effects into the modes. Example: Deep Freeze would be white GI only. Wicked Cavern could be red GI only. Other modes could be partial (both GI on upper portion , single GI on lower portion)

#2147 4 years ago

I thought the bad rap it gets is from it making the game too easy.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have only been able to acquire the first two multiballs. What are the other two?

The four are: Triple Knights Challenge, Retro Mode #1, RAGE, Retro Mode #2 (RANSOM)

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The four are: Triple Knights Challenge, Retro Mode #1, RAGE, Retro Mode #2 (RANSOM)

Six on the premium/LE. Catapult and Super Catapult/Last Chance.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I wish they would incorporate more GI effects into the modes. Example: Deep Freeze would be white GI only. Wicked Cavern could be red GI only. Other modes could be partial (both GI on upper portion , single GI on lower portion)

Not sure that partial thing is possible. Depends how they build it/ if they made the GI controlable like in SW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/43?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.