IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 112.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

You can only activate it during a battle with a monster (by hitting the target directly below the Black Knight).
It makes the shots in the battle worth more and the mode easier to complete. If you're going to use it in a battle, always best to make it the first shot of the monster battle as once you activate it, you will lose it once the mode completes or you drain.

Had a freakishly good game going today (two TKCs, three CMBs, and retro black knight). Was fighting the final monster before black castle, on ball three. That power Target was flashing it’s beautiful blue at me, so I figured sure, why not make this last monster quick and easy!? So, I nailed that target...boom, SDTM. Bye bye.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Had a freakishly good game going today (two TKCs, three CMBs, and retro black knight). Was fighting the final monster before black castle, on ball three. That power Target was flashing it’s beautiful blue at me, so I figured sure, why not make this last monster quick and easy!? So, I nailed that target...boom, SDTM. Bye bye.

That's happened to every single one of us more times than is healthy. It's far too fast to even have a chance to react It takes time to build that rage meter up and is a game play feature designed to put the power in the players hand. A way to boost points and cut through a monster easier, but it comes with a risk that can end your ball (or game) immediately

And if it's not the middle target that gets me, it's SDTM from the flail or shield. The over use of those 3 shots frustrates me. Super skill shot, realm advance and WAR hurry up. Then the flail is the only shot you can do (on the PRO) that will increase the base value before starting a realm. So much risk.

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Can you elaborate on this a bit? Sorry I’m not picturing what you mean happens here. To me, when there is a Multiball, the left drop always is up (drops and instantly fires back up), so the saucer is inaccessible during the multiball.

In retro multiball where the supers are worth a bunch the drop target lowers.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

In retro multiball where the supers are worth a bunch the drop target lowers.

Thanks. For some reason I didn’t think you had to manually collect supers in retro. Maybe because the drop is down and I keep collecting them (and ending them) without realizing. When I get retro, I basically concentrate on spinner->knight target to keep activating the high jackpots.

#2005 4 years ago

The thread with the custom apron cards by Coindropper got me thinking. His cards are way too nice looking to just have the corners stuck in the apron. Had the guys at the shop come up with some variations on a frame for the cards. Here is what we settled on. Pics of the right and left side with a custom card mounted in my LE, and one with the stock cards. The top surface on these does not have the final surface finish I want. They will look nicer. Made of plastic. Round pins machined onto the bottom surface just pop into the slots. Easy to remove too. Have a couple of tweaks to this setup, but it is almost finalized. Thinking about offering these if there is any interest. Probably somewhere between $20 and $30 each.
FA1919D3-368F-4444-94F2-2D962862FB3A (resized).jpegFA1919D3-368F-4444-94F2-2D962862FB3A (resized).jpegF443B715-5AA3-4F4A-995A-DC99D6D61E31 (resized).jpegF443B715-5AA3-4F4A-995A-DC99D6D61E31 (resized).jpegD6D27F80-787C-4F41-81A4-2E5D38936954 (resized).jpegD6D27F80-787C-4F41-81A4-2E5D38936954 (resized).jpeg

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

The thread with the custom apron cards by Coindropper got me thinking. His cards are way too nice looking to just have the corners stuck in the apron. Had the guys at the shop come up with some variations on a frame for the cards. Here is what we settled on. Pics of the right and left side with a custom card mounted in my LE, and one with the stock cards. The top surface on these does not have the final surface finish I want. They will look nicer. Made of plastic. Round pins machined onto the bottom surface just pop into the slots. Easy to remove too. Have a couple of tweaks to this setup, but it is almost finalized. Thinking about offering these if there is any interest. Probably somewhere between $20 and $30 each.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look nice!

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Count me in as another interested owner!

By “top surface not having the final finish you want” are you referring to the rivets, the black plastic itself, or both? In the pics the rivets look kind of copper/rose gold. Will the final version have the “dirty gold” rivets akin to the shooter knob and other rivets on the game (presuming it isn’t that way already and the light is just playing tricks on my tired eyes)?

Kudos for the frame idea too. This is the first time I’ve ever seen it for the arch cards in pinball.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Theyll be livestreaming the new code on a pro at INDISC 2020 this weekend, maybe tomorrow. On twitch.iepinball

more info on the hour ?

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Count me in as another interested owner!
By “top surface not having the final finish you want” are you referring to the rivets, the black plastic itself, or both? In the pics the rivets look kind of copper/rose gold. Will the final version have the “dirty gold” rivets akin to the shooter knob and other rivets on the game (presuming it isn’t that way already and the light is just playing tricks on my tired eyes)?
Kudos for the frame idea too. This is the first time I’ve ever seen it for the arch cards in pinball.

The top of the plastic surface doesn't have the surface finish on it that I want. The pictures have copper plated bb's in them. I have some brass rivets coming this week. I am anxious to see what those look like. Hopefully, they will be closer to the artwork rivets. I will post more pictures as I get the kinks worked out. Also, I am trying to make these adaptable to other newer Stern aprons as well. I am doing Munsters and Ghostbusters next.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

more info on the hour ?

This was yesterday

20200112_133107 (resized).jpg20200112_133107 (resized).jpg
#2011 4 years ago

zut (lol)

ok tanx

#2012 4 years ago

They had some video of the BK topper last night on INDISC. It looks SICK! 100% chance that I buy one!

#2013 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

They had some video of the BK topper last night on INDISC. It looks SICK! 100% chance that I buy one!

Any link of these please ?

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

[quoted image]

I'm ready!

#2015 4 years ago

I managed to watch a few Black Knight games being played on the INDISC stream over the weekend. The topper of course looks awesome although the game audio couldn't be heard, so wasn't able to tell exactly how it's movements line up with the call outs. I was hoping they would do a small section between rounds show casing it, but didn't see any. I can't see it being bad though - it will look amazing sitting on top of our machines.

Rules and code wise - basically what we saw posted to the Tilt forms (http://tiltforums.com/t/indisc-2020-the-open-ifpa-championship/6100/41) - very underwhelming seeing it in action. WAR hurry up is worth more which is nice, making it more worthwhile. The real value in it is still the Knight letter. The fact the pops add value to it brings them into the game play more which I like. Monster battles are worth more now with the base point increase, but it still seems like the only way to boost this is via the flail ramp - which is always huge drain risk. Especially since you lose that boost if you drain in the new code. Unsurprisingly, players didn't bother with it in the games I watched. I didn't spot much in the way of improved on screen display / information on the main UI, although there may have been new call outs that we couldn't hear on the stream. Supers still hold little value outside retro mode. Mystery still has the 250K and 750K awards which seem out of balance with the rest of the game. Take out the topper code and this should have been an incremental update a few months ago with perhaps a couple more updates since to flesh the game out further.

Tim was in the chat during the stream and did say he saw a few things he wanted to change before the code release, but only minor things. He wasn't specific with what things though. Sounds to me like a few more weeks yet before the release.

#2016 4 years ago

Count me in for a set of these Ricmaz - these look really nice!

Quoted from Ricmaz:

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I managed to watch a few Black Knight games being played on the INDISC stream over the weekend. The topper of course looks awesome although the game audio couldn't be heard, so wasn't able to tell exactly how it's movements line up with the call outs. I was hoping they would do a small section between rounds show casing it, but didn't see any. I can't see it being bad though - it will look amazing sitting on top of our machines.
Rules and code wise - basically what we saw posted to the Tilt forms (http://tiltforums.com/t/indisc-2020-the-open-ifpa-championship/6100/41) - very underwhelming seeing it in action. WAR hurry up is worth more which is nice, making it more worthwhile. The real value in it is still the Knight letter. The fact the pops add value to it brings them into the game play more which I like. Monster battles are worth more now with the base point increase, but it still seems like the only way to boost this is via the flail ramp - which is always huge drain risk. Especially since you lose that boost if you drain in the new code. Unsurprisingly, players didn't bother with it in the games I watched. I didn't spot much in the way of improved on screen display / information on the main UI, although there may have been new call outs that we couldn't hear on the stream. Supers still hold little value outside retro mode. Mystery still has the 250K and 750K awards which seem out of balance with the rest of the game. Take out the topper code and this should have been an incremental update a few months ago with perhaps a couple more updates since to flesh the game out further.
Tim was in the chat during the stream and did say he saw a few things he wanted to change before the code release, but only minor things. He wasn't specific with what things though. Sounds to me like a few more weeks yet before the release.

I totally agree. Why are we having to wait for the topper? Why couldn’t we have this update a few months back and a few more in between. I sure hope all the loop shots on the premium/les do something in this update. I mean come on now..

#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I totally agree. Why are we having to wait for the topper? Why couldn’t we have this update a few months back and a few more in between. I sure hope all the loop shots on the premium/les do something in this update. I mean come on now..

The upper loop shot can become quite lucrative as the game progresses... when your hitting a loop for 2mil a pop that’s good money right there. Also getting those loops in to boost monster scoring with 2x running is lucrative. I really don’t see any problem with how the upper loop is used. To pay a shot for those clunky reverse loops would be absurd imho... maybe increase loop value even more and even add something cool like 3x scoring if you nail 5 loops in monster mode for example, or something like that.

Only thing I don’t like so much is the low scoring of the skyway loop during ransom... all shots in that round are useless to go for except for flail ramp.

#2019 4 years ago

Officially in da club!

That upper lock shot is damn near impossible. Likewise, I’m having the infamous flail ramp shot rejects. I’ll have to level the game and get under the hood.

Did I mention this game is really hard?

D80D10F7-846D-42F5-AAC1-5140003B145F (resized).jpegD80D10F7-846D-42F5-AAC1-5140003B145F (resized).jpeg
#2020 4 years ago

I think this is a bug.
Setting Free Balls for reaching a certain score is only obtainable on two levels. It should go up to four.
Unless I got corrected code on my game, position three cannot be enabled/changed.

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

although there may have been new call outs that we couldn't hear on the stream

Having played it at INDISC and watching the stream later - yes, they were hard to hear on stream, but they were *very* legible in person.

WAAAAAARRRRR!!!!
RAAAAAAAGEEEE!!!!!

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

I avoid war hurryup unless I'm in multiball.

I've switched my play up over the last few days to only activate WAR hurry up once I hit multiball. Previously I had been avoiding it in TKC so I could focus only on the Jackpot shots. But if I focus only on WAR hurry up at the start of TKC while the ball save is going, I can get WAR out of the way while collecting 2 of the 3 first round multiball shots. Then I go after the left saucer to collect the third shot and try and bring in add-a-ball before going on with the rest of the multiball shots. I've had some success with this so will probably use it now as my preferred method.

#2023 4 years ago

Is anyone having intermittent issues with the super-skill shot gate not opening when the left flipper button is held at plunge?

On my Pro it only seems to work about 50% of the time. I tested the gate in coil test and it seems to work reliably there so not sure what the problem could be. I originally thought maybe it was a sw bug.

Can anyone confirm if this is abnormal or not?

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Is anyone having intermittent issues with the super-skill shot gate not opening when the left flipper button is held at plunge?
On my Pro it only seems to work about 50% of the time. I tested the gate in coil test and it seems to work reliably there so not sure what the problem could be. I originally thought maybe it was a sw bug.
Can anyone confirm if this is abnormal or not?

I've experienced this myself on a number of occasions and wasn't sure if it was the gate not opening or the ball hitting the lower corner of the gate and not making it through. It would be a very low percentage for me though and I might only see it once a week.

#2025 4 years ago

I have a premium at home... played it a lot obviously but I have never played the pro. Tonight I was able to play pro at a Barca de and played for a while.

They are really quite different both great! That said the pro gives you zero time to breathe because ball is always right back on lower flippers. Like them both if I had to pick one I would say the upper playfield gives you a ‘safe space’ to flip in and also advantage to slay some monsters, and physical multiball.

What I would say is both games are great and you can’t go wrong... lower flipper shot very similar on my machine and on this location. If your on fence then just buy this game regardless of version it’s a blast !

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Officially in da club!
That upper lock shot is damn near impossible. Likewise, I’m having the infamous flail ramp shot rejects. I’ll have to level the game and get under the hood.
Did I mention this game is really hard?[quoted image]

Great purchase... such a blast of a game to play. My advice for it being a hard game is give it a bit of time, when you start to get a feel for all the shots it's awesome. I felt the same whenni first got it, its not a pin where you can just walk up and flip it and have a long game. So many amazing shots, upper loop and lock are very satisfying, flail is great, orbits are butter and for me anyway the shield and saucer shot is very nice to hit too.

#2027 4 years ago

I got my bkle and have sometimes ball hanger, maybe someone can help

One at the flipper Finger on the mini playfield and the other one at the ball through.(See pictures)

Sometimes I also have two balls in the Shooter lane.

Thanks

03D81CFE-F8E0-4A47-8CB4-FFB556ED60FA (resized).jpeg03D81CFE-F8E0-4A47-8CB4-FFB556ED60FA (resized).jpeg47999B37-79D2-4396-9A3B-91F4BA2DBCFC (resized).jpeg47999B37-79D2-4396-9A3B-91F4BA2DBCFC (resized).jpeg
#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got my bkle and have sometimes ball hanger, maybe someone can help
One at the flipper Finger on the mini playfield and the other one at the ball through.(See pictures)
Sometimes I also have two balls in the Shooter lane.
Thanks

I had the same ball-getting-stuck-behind-the-upper-flipper issue on my Premium. There's a Stern service bulletin out on that....it affects early manufacturing builds. The good news is that there is an easy fix for it.

You may need Black Knight Sword of Rage Plastic Kit #43 - this will help "serve" the ball more directly to the flipper when going thru the loop. If you bought your pin from a distributor, they should supply it for free:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Black-Knight-Upper-Playfield-Kit-Instructions.pdf

If your distributor doesn't have it or you didn't buy it new, it's only $2 US plus shipping from Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=511-1942-43

I posted about my issue and resolution here if you're interested in reviewing:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/37#post-5367034

The ball is getting stuck behind the flipper because the little plastic piece shaped like an ironing board under the upper playfield is sitting too low due to a missing washer or (in my case) a washer in the wrong position in the flipper shaft stack.

Sorry but I can't comment on the two-balls-in-shooter-lane problem as I haven't seen it or heard about that yet. I've got about 250 plays on my NIB BKSOR Premium.

#2029 4 years ago

Some fixes there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/21#post-5140017

I've took a look at mine when I removed the upper PF. I had the washer installed, and in the correct order. But still, if I "close" the flipper on the ball, it can still stay stuck on the UPF.

#2030 4 years ago

I sometimes get 2 balls in the shooter lane. I think it happens when the ball gets shot into the shooter lane and bounces back into the trough. The machine will kick out another ball and both will end up in the shooter lane

#2031 4 years ago

Thank you guys, great input.

Will check today

#2032 4 years ago

Hey,

my post will be a bit out of subject here... but I tried to ask Stern for this, and they say not at the moment... I am based in europe, and wanted to order the BKSOR Vinyl with digital download as I am a big fan of the music... but unfortunately, it was 70+$ for shipping for a 30 bucks item... so I didn't get it from stern site, and was asking stern for a download link for the digital version paying eventually for the download... but it doesn't seem to ever happen... so even if it is not supposed to happen from a copyright perspective, any chance for someone to be able to share a digital version of the music ?
thanks

BenJ

#2033 4 years ago

Haven't tried it but you should be able to get all the music from the game through pinball browser right?

#2034 4 years ago

Now I have only one problem left. Sometimes it happens that the ball get blocked at the left orbit. I have the feeling that the ball hits the ramp and that’s the reason the ball comes back and didn’t make the Loop. But not sure.
Anyone else with this problem?

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Now I have only one problem left. Sometimes it happens that the ball get blocked at the left orbit. I have the feeling that the ball hits the ramp and that’s the reason the ball comes back and didn’t make the Loop. But not sure.
Anyone else with this problem?

Make sure the gate thing hasnt come loose. I had to tighten mine because it was lose and it was stopping the ball from going through it

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from Postmortem:

Make sure the gate thing hasnt come loose. I had to tighten mine because it was lose and it was stopping the ball from going through it

Do you mean from the backside (backboard). I checked it but it isn’t loose.

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Haven't tried it but you should be able to get all the music from the game through pinball browser right?

I look at it, but it seemed to me that it wasn't the complete songs... maybe I am wrong, but not 100% sure.

#2038 4 years ago

Still waiting on final code, then I'm going to try and DethKlok this machine.

#2039 4 years ago

I’ve had the game for a few days and did some dialing in to prevent a few annoying hang ups:

1. The spinner was slanted and rejecting balls. Added a small drop of oil to no effect. I removed the spinner and straightened the wires which seems to have fixed it.

2. I polished the upper playfield to get rid of some ball marks. Started with Novus 2 and ended with Maguires finishing polish. Looks much better.

3. Added a cliffy and Mylar to the shooter lane. This game takes a pounding!

4. Still getting ramp rejects with a clean shot, so I’ll dig into that when I remove the upper playfield.

Really enjoying the game so far. I like games with a clear purpose and character: defeat the black knight and his minions.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

4. Still getting ramp rejects with a clean shot, so I’ll dig into that when I remove the upper playfield.
Really enjoying the game so far. I like games with a clear purpose and character: defeat the black knight and his minions.

Have you tried to LOWER the flipper power? I was chronically being rejected on the right flipper (left was and continues to be perfect). I read that others resolved the issue by lowering the flipper power. I was totally sceptical but tried it and it has 100% fixed the problem.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from SmasheyBashe:

Have you tried to LOWER the flipper power? I was chronically being rejected on the right flipper (left was and continues to be perfect). I read that others resolved the issue by lowering the flipper power. I was totally sceptical but tried it and it has 100% fixed the problem.

I’ll give that a shot, thanks!

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’ve had the game for a few days and did some dialing in to prevent a few annoying hang ups:
1. The spinner was slanted and rejecting balls. Added a small drop of oil to no effect. I removed the spinner and straightened the wires which seems to have fixed it.
2. I polished the upper playfield to get rid of some ball marks. Started with Novus 2 and ended with Maguires finishing polish. Looks much better.
3. Added a cliffy and Mylar to the shooter lane. This game takes a pounding!

Yes try reducing flipper strength. The ball can catch on the half pipe at speed. This resolves it.

#2043 4 years ago

Messing around with pinball browser today. I’m trying to add some classic riffs... any recommendations?

I’m thinking Unsung by Helmet, Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue, maybe a metal cover of Judge Dredd... What else fits the theme?

#2044 4 years ago

Thunderhorse by Dethklok

#2045 4 years ago

Bodies - Drowning pool?

#2046 4 years ago

Walk - Pantera

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Walk - Pantera

Cowboys From Hell would work as well.

Messing with volumes right now. Most of the existing riffs are around 90 seconds, so I’m experimenting with what works.

#2048 4 years ago

The original sounds are just the best you can do on it...best metal oriented soundtrack ever

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

The original sounds are just the best you can do on it...best metal oriented soundtrack ever

Agreed! That’s why I’m just kind of messing around.

Of the games I’ve done, Mustang and BDK were terrible to begin with. GB was really good but needed some original songs.

BK SOR is awesome, so I may just add some different multiball music or something fun for one of the monsters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,587 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/41?hl=jbigdoggf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.