IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 112.
#1901 4 years ago

Dammit. So many new posts and they're all about adhesive.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Don't give up, Chalkey - do your best to stick with it.

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Pinball software engineers have spare time?

You know... the 30 minutes at the microwave wall?

#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You know... the 30 minutes at the microwave wall?

I could never code and chew food at the same time.

#1905 4 years ago

I know I thought that too. I was hoping for a new years code release

Quoted from Chalkey:

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I could never code and chew food at the same time.

CODE BETTER!!!

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

CODE BETTER!!!

I hear ya, @ds_nadine.
But seriously it’s not healthy to eat a meal while you’re coding/working. Gotta keep that as quasi-downtime as much as possible.

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If the community and owners don't give the coders a hard time and put some pressure on chances are the code won't get that extra polish. It's the nature of the situation.
It's not a personal attack on Tim... but owners have paid big dollars for this game and it is his job to code the game as best he can. As I said in my original post at present it's only a good game not great. He needs to sort it and get that code up to scratch and add some deeper rules and objectives.

My view is that stern should give the teams time to finish the games properly with decent rich rulesets, not rush stuff out and force a fake v1.0 on people. These games costs lots of money which takes ages to earn. I’m happy to support stern with my coin, but I don’t expect them to leave games with shots that do nothing. I really thought we were passed this type of thing with the expansion of the coders and teams generally and a more regular update process. (something which I enjoy seeing) And yes I know first hand how long things take.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I hear ya, ds_nadine.
But seriously it’s not healthy to eat a meal while you’re coding/working. Gotta keep that as quasi-downtime as much as possible.

I remember when I was working in the games industry a few years ago, the company would buy everyone a hot lunch that would be delivered to their desk. To outside people it sounds like a perk, but it was just an attempt by the business owners to get people working through lunch while eating.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I remember when I was working in the games industry a few years ago, the company would buy everyone a hot lunch that would be delivered to their desk. To outside people it sounds like a perk, but it was just an attempt by the business owners to get people working through lunch while eating.

And it wasn’t limited to lunch. “The boss is buying pizza for everyone at 5:00pm” = “I expect you to work until at least 9:00pm.”

#1911 4 years ago

I've never played the LE or Premium, but watching the pros play it online is kind of boring. Nothing but upper playfield over and over. Maybe it's more fun when you actually play it, I don't know. The Pro is really good in my opinion. If I were going to add anything I would make it so when you start a fight with a monster, on super rare occasion it will be a special rare monster fight. It could be the same monster you would normally fight with a palette change or something. Make the rare special version of the monster a little harder and make the reward something really special. I think that would add some excitement to the game.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

And it wasn’t limited to lunch. “The boss is buying pizza for everyone at 5:00pm” = “I expect you to work until at least 9:00pm.”

Yep, we had similar "Let me buy you dinner" always translated to "work back late and we're not paying the first hour of overtime because we're paying for dinner and you're not finishing befor 10pm and still expected to start an hour earlier the following day". Oh the memories...

I do remember sitting on the other side of the monitor though at my desk through those years. Seeing people post on forums about our games release date, bugs, rumors, code updates, etc. Not being able to say anything. Seeing huge chunks of the talk being inaccurate (or flat out wrong) but not being allowed to clarify or say anything. Which is why I do sympathise with Tim (and any game developer).

If I understand correctly, it's his first lead role on a game. He wouldn't be going in with a "that will do" attitude and rather a "I'm going to make this the greatest I can" style attitude. In my view, every aspect of this game is awesome - except the code. It's just too bare bones. The game has polish, but is lacking in several ways. Dev time would be controlled by Stern at the end of the day. I think we're coming up to 5 months since the last update and we know time has been allocated for topper integration (which I think most people will agree looks amazing). But how much additional time they are allowing Tim to spend on the game is really unknown. Maybe he's had small time slots allocated between other things which is why we've not seen further updates. I've said it a few times and I'll say it again - I hope Tim is given support and resources by Stern. If he's not sure how to make it better, get some of the other experienced staff in to help guide. If he just needs time, give it to him. Bring the code quality up and the game as a package is complete. Current owners see their purchase improve and future owners are given more reasons to buy.

#1913 4 years ago

Can someone confirm that the right side drop targets should make a sound when hit? Mine aren’t, but I think they did at one point. Have had the game less than a month.

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I've got a new behavior 70 games into ownership - one side of the flail is touching the ramp when it spins. Neither the flail, the rod/axle, or the Black Knight himself appear loose and there is no play in the mechanism. I've examined it pretty closely....I was hoping that the "missing" screw mentioned in my previous post above was the culprit but all the screws on the Black Knight mechanism are present and tight.
Here's a video of what I'm talking about - the "tick tick tick" you're hearing is one of the flail balls touching the ramp as it spins. Is this happening to anyone else:

Thanks for sharing that fix. My premium now appears to have the same issue after less than a month. Will try tightening ramp screws later today and hope that fixes it.

Added over 4 years ago:

Tightened the ramp screws, and that did the trick. Thanks Mathazar!

#1915 4 years ago

Anyone else see the marketplace ads for this game. There are about 8 LE for sale for under 7500. I went to a distributor yesterday hes got one still in the box that he cant sell and people are trading them in for a fraction of what they paid.

Any idea why they made 600 of the BKSORLE but only make 500 LE of all other games?

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Anyone else see the marketplace ads for this game. There are about 8 LE for sale for under 7500. I went to a distributor yesterday hes got one still in the box that he cant sell and people are trading them in for a fraction of what they paid.
Any idea why they made 600 of the BKSORLE but only make 500 LE of all other games?

They probably thought they could make more $$$. I think they decided to cut back to 500 again after these didn't sell out from the distros. Also Ritchie gamed have high LE's produced maybe thats a factor. Never the less looks like we lost $$ on this one oh well it happens. I think with all the hype from the new games they won't produce a ton more of these so maybe in the future it can have a resurgence

#1917 4 years ago

I have it on good authority that there will be a code update preview within a couple weeks. It involves more text on screen, gameplay "tweaks" and many bug fixes. And of course major topper integration. Keep an eye on the tilt forums for change notes coming soon.

The topper manufacturer is the reason for the delay.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I have it on good authority that there will be a code update preview within a couple weeks. It involves more text on screen, gameplay "tweaks" and many bug fixes. And of course major topper integration. Keep an eye on the tilt forums for change notes coming soon.

Sounds disapointing

#1919 4 years ago

Well, I played a lot of games today and found the same screw on the playfield. I couldn't find where it came from and played on until I saw that the shield was crooked. A screw was missing (there are 2x screws behind the shield). I'm going to attach them with locktite tomorrow.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, Bagdad!!![quoted image]

I just finish the job, it worked well. I ended up using only Q-tips for the upper flipper. There is no trace of glue left.

I'll try mouting tape tomorow for the Swords. I ended up buying Gorilla Translucent & Gorilla Black. The stronger one was white and it turned me off. If it's not strong enough I'll order T-rex.

Thanks for the help Rudy.

**You can now resume "where's the code" debate.**

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Incremental updates are the way forward, not waiting 6 months plus for all the planets to align.

Maybe the new os update has sent them all down a rabbit hole...

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

The game needs a little more than tweaks but I guess it's a case of get what you get and don't get upset.

There is such a good solid foundation here for an all time classic. Some modes and aspects of the game are really polished then there are some aspects of the game I would consider very rough. Just things like no sound or lighting effects for supers running like in iron maiden... I mean there arnt even any sound effects for the pops for crying out loud. Anyway we will wait and see.

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When I saw the new 43 posts, I said finally the code is here!!!! It's now 2020 and there is still no code update. For the amount of time it is taking to release, the code better have everything we are all wanting.

#1924 4 years ago

Anyone know what this screw goes to ? Is it the one previously mentioned ?

5F1AE671-B3B0-4C4A-AC7E-56314FC7E59C (resized).jpeg5F1AE671-B3B0-4C4A-AC7E-56314FC7E59C (resized).jpeg
#1925 4 years ago

Never mind it goes here

BAB92D8D-13C1-46B0-AE13-14F58ED52F98 (resized).jpegBAB92D8D-13C1-46B0-AE13-14F58ED52F98 (resized).jpeg
#1926 4 years ago

This club should be called the "wheres this screw go, wheres the code club"

#1927 4 years ago

Dude I'm looking right at your photo and don't see where it goes so good on you

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dude I'm looking right at your photo and don't see where it goes so good on you

number 37, but maybe he put it back in? Can’t see the second screw behind the ramp rail.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

number 37, but maybe he put it back in? Can’t see the second screw behind the ramp rail.

Correct didn’t put it back yet hard to see

#1931 4 years ago

That's not completely underwhelming but I'm not feeling very whelmed over here.

#1932 4 years ago

From what i understand this is not the official notes. I was told there would be on screen text in the game as well. "Shoot this shoot that"

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That's not completely underwhelming but I'm not feeling very whelmed over here.

Doesn’t seem likely for any real content additions like monsters or modes, which isn’t shocking but also a bit of a shame.

There IS still hope for the Premium/LE to get some upper playfield goodness though, since these are only Pro notes!

#1934 4 years ago

Looks like Tim is the new Lonnie. Very disappointing if this is what pro owners are getting at least.

Was there even any super modes and tkc improvements/score balancing?

#1935 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

There IS still hope for the Premium/LE to get some upper playfield goodness though, since these are only Pro notes!

I pray for that too. At least something interesting to do with the upper pf "loops". I notice last time I played that I could perform "reverse" loops. Maybe there's something cool to do with that too.

Also, I remember when they were showcasing GB code update, they demontrated a way to "reboot" the game by holding start button and left flipper for 3 sec. I hope this is part of the firmware update too.

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I pray for that too. At least something interesting to do with the upper pf "loops". I notice last time I played that I could perform "reverse" loops. Maybe there's something cool to do with that too.
Also, I remember when they were showcasing GB code update, they demontrated a way to "reboot" the game by holding start button and left flipper for 3 sec. I hope this is part of the firmware update too.

That’s in there already. You can turn it on in the settings.

#1937 4 years ago

I've seen a few people mention Lonnie - Forgive my ignorance, but what's the story there? I'm assuming they are a Stern lead coder? Known for poor, slow or incomplete code?

Thanks for sharing the link newtoit It gives us something to go on. Not what I was hoping for, but pretty much what I was expecting. The notes are of course for pre release code, so there is always a chance there will be more things added to the official release (and/or contains things not listed here).

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I've seen a few people mention Lonnie - Forgive my ignorance, but what's the story there? I'm assuming they are a Stern lead coder? Known for poor, slow or incomplete code?
Thanks for sharing the link newtoit It gives us something to go on. Not what I was hoping for, but pretty much what I was expecting. The notes are of course for pre release code, so there is always a chance there will be more things added to the official release (and/or contains things not listed here).

Lonnie is known for some great games in his time like gnr for example... but of late it's very copy paste with little to no innovation or depth. I wouldn't say he's a bad coder just lazy these days and very bland. Never any cool new things in his codes. He does bare bones and then leaves the game be.

Take guardians and Aerosmith as case in point. Its basically the same rules... hell I even have Aerosmith sounds still in my guardians. He's just a lazy coder pure and simple.

If this is the best Tim can do with this awesome game with an upper pf then my suggestion is go back to doing what you did before coding Tim... Very average effort up to this point.

#1939 4 years ago

Whoa, kind of disappointed. No more monsters or animations (final video sequence when you kill it), no more multiball in the pro, no bk Call out adjustement ?
Wait for the real release....

#1940 4 years ago

So even though the game has "kill the monster" style modes there still are not any dramatic endings as a reward for finally beating them? Seems terribly anti-climatic and disappointing. How can this be the case?

Maybe during play it's not that important as there doesn't seem to be that many complaints or comments about it. I'm out of the loop as I haven't had a chance to play it.

#1941 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Whoa, kind of disappointed. No more monsters or animations (final video sequence when you kill it), no more multiball in the pro, no bk Call out adjustement ?
Wait for the real release....

There is adjustment of callouts to temper the amout of "soft" talk from the black knight. It's written in the "New" section of the features list (adjustment of the backpedaling speech, default to "NONE" and amount of soft talk can be set up in percentage)

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So even though the game has "kill the monster" style modes there still are not any dramatic endings as a reward for finally beating them? Seems terribly anti-climatic and disappointing. How can this be the case?
Maybe during play it's not that important as there doesn't seem to be that many complaints or comments about it. I'm out of the loop as I haven't had a chance to play it.

How is Black Castle not a dramatic end for beating them? Not to mention BK Retro and BK2000 Retro that come along with gaining the letters from beating them.

Couldn’t disagree more, having played hundreds of games on it. Most intense machine I’ve ever played and it is crazy trying to beat each successive monster.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

There is adjustment of callouts to temper the amout of "soft" talk from the black knight. It's written in the "New" section of the features list (adjustment of the backpedaling speech, default to "NONE" and amount of soft talk can be set up in percentage)

Thanks ! Was not sure of the "backpedaling" meaning.

#1944 4 years ago

You guys are unnecessarily brutal. Not just critical but mean spirited. Take a walk in a park today or something. Maybe put some extra non-dairy creamer in your coffee.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Not at all! there are kill animations for every monster since a few updates ago!

I personally love the machine as it is right now, awesome music and quick and simple yet highly entertaining gameplay. I get more out of my BKSOR Pro in that regard as i did with TNA!

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Not at all! there are kill animations for every monster since a few updates ago!

Thank you, them got me worried, since tha machine onb location still has early code and I want to buy one.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from gkralicek:

Personally I would like to see a setting where he doesn't backpedal until you've defeated him at least once.

#1948 4 years ago

The "kill" animations are just the standard hit animation for that monster with "Monster Defeated" text on screen. Along with a second screen showing the realm background and total points.

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The "kill" animations are just the standard hit animation for that monster with "Monster Defeated" text on screen. Along with a second screen showing the realm background and total points.

Guess i'm a glass is half full kind of person

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Guess i'm a glass is half full kind of person

I'm usually too focused on trying not to drain to see any of the final screens I think a couple of monster specific call outs to conclude a mode would be enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.