36%
  • Premium 61 votes
    27%
  • LE 86 votes
    37%

(230 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 427 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

47999B37-79D2-4396-9A3B-91F4BA2DBCFC (resized).jpeg
03D81CFE-F8E0-4A47-8CB4-FFB556ED60FA (resized).jpeg
D80D10F7-846D-42F5-AAC1-5140003B145F (resized).jpeg
20200112_133107 (resized).jpg
D6D27F80-787C-4F41-81A4-2E5D38936954 (resized).jpeg
F443B715-5AA3-4F4A-995A-DC99D6D61E31 (resized).jpeg
FA1919D3-368F-4444-94F2-2D962862FB3A (resized).jpeg
IMG_5538 (resized).JPG
BAB92D8D-13C1-46B0-AE13-14F58ED52F98 (resized).jpeg
5F1AE671-B3B0-4C4A-AC7E-56314FC7E59C (resized).jpeg
Scrub Daddy (resized).jpg
T-Rex Tape (resized).png
C652B4FA-5666-43D1-9E24-56763B647E59 (resized).jpeg
89B17A0C-7932-4308-AA8C-696A7934E95C (resized).jpeg
623BC42A-9231-48F3-BB54-BC5B948C558F (resized).jpeg
bk_ramp_arduino_running (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2051 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 42.
#1801 41 days ago

Puttin deject protectors on maiden and bksor and can’t figure out how to put these right side ones on. It’s like they need extra holes in them...

image (resized).jpg
#1802 41 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Puttin deject protectors on maiden and bksor and can’t figure out how to put these right side ones on. It’s like they need extra holes in them...[quoted image]

The right side ones slip under the metal rail. You have to loosen the wood screws from underneath the playfield enough to slip it in. Then adjust it just right as you tighten them down. I know there are a couple of different models. I had to drill an extra hole in the right side protector for Star Wars but not for BK.

#1803 41 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The right side ones slip under the metal rail. You have to loosen the wood screws from underneath the playfield enough to slip it in. Then adjust it just right as you tighten them down. I know there are a couple of different models. I had to drill an extra hole in the right side protector for Star Wars but not for BK.

I remedied it by throwing them in the trash.

#1804 41 days ago

YouTube has a video.

#1805 41 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Cliffy’s protectors are awesome! Did you really throw them out? I have them on all 8 of my pins. You just losen the right side rail and it slips under and fits nicely in the screw holes. You screw the rail back in once you line up the holes. I’ve never had one not fit. You do have to make sure you order the ones for each individual machine. There is some difference in most Sterns.

#1806 41 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Some might characterize this as unwise

#1807 41 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

You threw out Cliffies?!

#1808 37 days ago

Epic game (at least for me) last night....a new personal best after owning the machine for 2.5 weeks. Took about 40 minutes and along the way had at least 8 Catapult multiballs, 4 Triple Knights multiballs, and 2 retro multiballs (after spelling KNIGHT for the second time, I finally got to see that second retro Kings Ransom multiball!). And...I made it to Black Castle/Rage multiball only to drain everything in a few seconds. Playing 6-ball multiball for several minutes in a row sure does a number on the wrists & fingers!

Hi Score (resized).jpg
#1809 36 days ago

What strategies do you employ when playing multiball modes? For me, when it's 4 or more balls, I'm just trying to stay alive. I don't even look at anything beyond the slings....I'm just staring at the flippers and trying to keep the balls in play. If there's a second available to process during the melee, I'll try to hit out-of-vision targets based on ball position against the flipper without actually looking at the targets. Sometimes I'm able to spot a ball heading for a SDTM drain and I'll hit it out of the way with another ball. But the reality for me is to just keep flipping furiously to prevent the balls from draining.

When it's down to 2 or 3 balls, I'll hold 1 or 2 on one flipper while aiming and hitting specific targets with the other. After getting comfortable doing this with 2 balls, I'm starting to get the hang of that with 3.

How about you guys? When you're in a 4, 5, or 6 multiball frenzy, where are your eyes looking?

#1810 36 days ago

Where is the new code???

#1811 36 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Where is the new code???

And the topper!

#1812 36 days ago

So, has anyone actually gone ahead and installed a second magna-save button in the side of the cabinet like science and Jebus intended?

I'm thinking of doing it to my pro. Sorry if someone did and I missed it.

#1813 36 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So, has anyone actually gone ahead and installed a second magna-save button in the side of the cabinet like science and Jebus intended?

I haven't seen it yet, but I think about it every time I play.

#1814 36 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

For those of us tall enough and gutsy enough, it's much better where it is - we can quickly activate Magna-Save at anytime without ever taking our fingers off the flipper buttons: we just briefly lean over and into the game a little more from our regular stance.

#1815 36 days ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

For those of us tall enough and gutsy enough, it's much better where it is - we can quickly activate Magna-Save at anytime without ever taking our fingers off the flipper buttons: we just briefly lean over and into the game a little more from our regular stance.

Without trying to visualize that too closely...

I'd leave the original button in-place as a visual indicator that MS is ready, but only wire the side button to activate it. If I wanted both buttons to work I'd have to create some kind of circuit that would isolate them so pressing either would trigger it. Hmm, that could be pretty confusing on location though... Ah well, Magna Save isn't for the weak minded.

#1816 36 days ago
Quoted from newtoit:

And the topper!

Right on!

#1817 36 days ago

Should have been released by now!!!

#1818 36 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm working on a concept that would require no permanent modification to the cabinet and make the button super quick to hit. When I get back from vacation I plan on making a prototype to test

#1819 36 days ago

Couple hundred games in on my LE and I'm yet to walk away from a game having the shits with the position of the magna save button. It may be better next to the left flipper button but I don't see a big enough problem to warrant moving it.

#1820 36 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

Couple hundred games in on my LE and I'm yet to walk away from a game having the shits with the position of the magna save button. It may be better next to the left flipper button but I don't see a big enough problem to warrant moving it.

Stern didn't seem to have a problem putting 2 extra flipper buttons on the cabinet for Munsters Premium and LE, so it's not like they couldn't put a second one on the right side of the cabinet for BKSOR Magna-Save. That said, I personally like the challenge of it - not only for having to move a hand (if not a gut) to hit the center button for Magna-Save, but also to unlearn the reaching for it on the side that has been drilled into me over many years playing BK2K.

Simply put, I see it as an "in this game, something that used to be there is now over here" - sorta like what happens on every playfield of every pin (the blatant rip-offs notwithstanding.)

#1821 35 days ago

The button position isn't the problem with the magna-save. It's the power and/or position of the magnet. I am hopeful they can make it a little more effective with a software update, but I'm not holding my breath.

#1822 35 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The button position isn't the problem with the magna-save. It's the power and/or position of the magnet. I am hopeful they can make it a little more effective with a software update, but I'm not holding my breath.

Its also the speed of the game. The ball zings by so fast, there is really only a chance to catch a percentage of right drains that are either slower or clang around a little. Those slow floaty right drains on BK1 are a thing of the past.

#1823 35 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Epic game (at least for me) last night....a new personal best after owning the machine for 2.5 weeks. Took about 40 minutes and along the way had at least 8 Catapult multiballs, 4 Triple Knights multiballs, and 2 retro multiballs (after spelling KNIGHT for the second time, I finally got to see that second retro Kings Ransom multiball!). And...I made it to Black Castle/Rage multiball only to drain everything in a few seconds. Playing 6-ball multiball for several minutes in a row sure does a number on the wrists & fingers![quoted image]

I think that’s a really good game. Funny, I got 475m soon after I got my Premium and really didn’t know what I was doing. Just bashing around to keep the balls alive. Now that I “know” what I should be doing (Cannon MB...load the catapult during it for X bonuses, triple knight MB, and monster fighting), my really good games are around 200m.

Twice now I have gotten to the LAST monster and beaten it. Then, with the “finishing” shots against the flail/knight target/shield, I end up draining. Tough when you need 5 to progress after beating that last monster. In fact, what happened to me one of those times was EXACTLY what happened to Deadflip here at 2:21:30 into this clip. LAST shot to access Black Castle and it drained off the flail. My reaction was basically identical too, but louder lol.

I have never spelled knight twice. Closest I got was 9 letters (missing the T for the second spelling).

#1824 35 days ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Stern didn't seem to have a problem putting 2 extra flipper buttons on the cabinet for Munsters Premium and LE, so it's not like they couldn't put a second one on the right side of the cabinet for BKSOR Magna-Save. That said, I personally like the challenge of it - not only for having to move a hand (if not a gut) to hit the center button for Magna-Save, but also to unlearn the reaching for it on the side that has been drilled into me over many years playing BK2K.
Simply put, I see it as an "in this game, something that used to be there is now over here" - sorta like what happens on every playfield of every pin (the blatant rip-offs notwithstanding.)

I think I remember hearing SR state something to the effect that the center button location was done purposefully in order to add an additional element of challenge and force us to develop a new skill ("Play better!"). As for me, I also like the challenge and find it to be another cool thing that differentiates BKSOR from its dad and granddad.

#1825 34 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

The only downside (and it's no big deal) is that while it's NIB, it's an older manufacturing date (June) which means I need to do a few things:
- Install the Plastic Assembly #43 Replacement Kit for the upper playfield (actually did that this week)
- Install the missing washer in the upper flipper stack that causes the ball to occasionally get stuck on the ironing-board-looking-plastic (slated to do this weekend)
- Install a smaller rubber ring around the post to the right of the "R" at the top of the bottom playfield so slow balls don't get stuck there (slated to do this weekend)
As I understand it, all of the above have been corrected on the assembly line with the later machine builds.

Update on the second issue above - I took apart the upper flipper stack last night and discovered that the washer is actually present on my system, but in the *wrong place*. The stack is supposed to go, from the top down, flipper bat==>plastic apron==>washer==>nylon bushing==>clear plastic spacer but on my machine it was flipper bat==>washer==>plastic apron==>nylon bushing==>clear plastic spacer. So the washer part was there, but in the wrong position in the stack (and in fact, pushing the plastic apron even further down under the upper playfield cut-out for the flipper). After I put the stack in the correct order, the ball no longer gets stuck in that spot behind the flipper.

As for the third issue above, it hasn't happened but once in the last two dozen games or so and when it did happen, all it took was a light nudge to get it unstuck. Since the upper playfield will have to be removed to get access to it, I think I'm going to put this one off until the first cleaning/waxing session.

One other thing - when I lifted the playfield to get access to the flipper stack, I heard the unmistakable sound of a screw rolling/falling to the top of the playfield and bouncing off into the cabinet. I found it, but I can't figure out where it goes. I spent the better part of 30 minutes combing over the topside of the playfield with my bifocals and a flashlight, but I still can't tell where it came from. There aren't any screws like this at all on the underside of the playfield, so I'm sure it came from topside. Here's a picture....does anyone know where this short, steel, philips head with a washer screw might go?

Loose Screw (resized).jpg
#1826 34 days ago

Looks like a screw from the middle flat part of a ramp, possibly from a plastic.

#1827 34 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Looks like a screw from the middle flat part of a ramp, possibly from a plastic.

the ones on the ramp are flat head, to lay flush.

Most of the plastics ones don’t have a star lock washer in them, since having to tighten it down enough to use that style washer would not bode well for the plastic.

I’ll take a look around on mine and see if I have any ideas. I know I’ve taken off at least one of them like that, in some work I was doing.

#1828 33 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Update on the second issue above - I took apart the upper flipper stack last night and discovered that the washer is actually present on my system, but in the *wrong place*. The stack is supposed to go, from the top down, flipper bat==>plastic apron==>washer==>nylon bushing==>clear plastic spacer but on my machine it was flipper bat==>washer==>plastic apron==>nylon bushing==>clear plastic spacer. So the washer part was there, but in the wrong position in the stack (and in fact, pushing the plastic apron even further down under the upper playfield cut-out for the flipper). After I put the stack in the correct order, the ball no longer gets stuck in that spot behind the flipper.
As for the third issue above, it hasn't happened but once in the last two dozen games or so and when it did happen, all it took was a light nudge to get it unstuck. Since the upper playfield will have to be removed to get access to it, I think I'm going to put this one off until the first cleaning/waxing session.
One other thing - when I lifted the playfield to get access to the flipper stack, I heard the unmistakable sound of a screw rolling/falling to the top of the playfield and bouncing off into the cabinet. I found it, but I can't figure out where it goes. I spent the better part of 30 minutes combing over the topside of the playfield with my bifocals and a flashlight, but I still can't tell where it came from. There aren't any screws like this at all on the underside of the playfield, so I'm sure it came from topside. Here's a picture....does anyone know where this short, steel, philips head with a washer screw might go?[quoted image]

Ok, went over my machine and here’s where I see that type of screen that you have loose. There may be a couple more I just can’t see. Hope this helps.

445C08B0-EC8E-4414-A814-266D04765A4B (resized).jpeg
#1829 33 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

One other thing - when I lifted the playfield to get access to the flipper stack, I heard the unmistakable sound of a screw rolling/falling to the top of the playfield and bouncing off into the cabinet. I found it, but I can't figure out where it goes. I spent the better part of 30 minutes combing over the topside of the playfield with my bifocals and a flashlight, but I still can't tell where it came from. There aren't any screws like this at all on the underside of the playfield, so I'm sure it came from topside. Here's a picture....does anyone know where this short, steel, philips head with a washer screw might go?[quoted image]

During game play a screw like that came loose and landed on the Playfield. Luckily I saw where it came from. Look at the back of the knights shield. The constant movement of the shield jarred it loose.

#1830 33 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ok, went over my machine and here’s where I see that type of screen that you have loose. There may be a couple more I just can’t see. Hope this helps.[quoted image]

Thanx so much for going all-out with the annotated photo - much appreciated! I printed it out and will be going over my machine tonight after the family goes to bed.

#1831 33 days ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

During game play a screw like that came loose and landed on the Playfield. Luckily I saw where it came from. Look at the back of the knights shield. The constant movement of the shield jarred it loose.

I'll take a look - thanx for the clue. I've got a shaker in my machine as well and I know that has a tendency to loosen up some screws as well.

#1832 33 days ago

Here's an odd request... can anybody get me a close-ish photo of the black knight mech with a tiny Santa sat on? Like stolen from the elf on a shelf or something? Need it by noon. Reasons.

#1833 33 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Here's an odd request... can anybody get me a close-ish photo of the black knight mech with a tiny Santa sat on? Like stolen from the elf on a shelf or something? Need it by noon. Reasons.

Wish i could help. But im sure someone can.

#1834 33 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I'll take a look - thanx for the clue. I've got a shaker in my machine as well and I know that has a tendency to loosen up some screws as well.

Pretty sure the shield coming loose is chronic issue, with the early builds anyway. Needs blue locktite applied to these screws.

#1835 32 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Thanx so much for going all-out with the annotated photo - much appreciated! I printed it out and will be going over my machine tonight after the family goes to bed.

You’re welcome. The post after mine reminded me that I did forget the two that attach the knight’s shield, but your screw looks shorter than those two, so I doubt it’s one of them.

#1836 32 days ago

Saw on Cliffy’s page that a BKSOR protector kit is “in development”. Anyone know if any of his shooter lane protectors would fit? I’d like to get the lane protected ASAP. Not as much concerned about the VUKs and whatnot, but the lane gets hammered given the number of multiballs, last chance, etc etc.

Anyway I didn’t see a generic Stern Spike shooter lane protector on his page.

#1837 32 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Saw on Cliffy’s page that a BKSOR protector kit is “in development”. Anyone know if any of his shooter lane protectors would fit? I’d like to get the lane protected ASAP. Not as much concerned about the VUKs and whatnot, but the lane gets hammered given the number of multiballs, last chance, etc etc.
Anyway I didn’t see a generic Stern Spike shooter lane protector on his page.

I bought a Cliffy set for my Black Knight months ago they're available. Just contact him.

#1838 32 days ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I bought a Cliffy set for my Black Knight months ago they're available. Just contact him.

thanks. Sent him an email. Did you install the full pack? If so how bad are the others besides shooter lane to install? It was not pleasant on my AC⚡️DC lol

#1839 32 days ago

I only installed the shooter and the protector for the ball drain. The other two are going to be a pain in the ass from what it looks like. One should be easier, you take out the upper Playfield and it's right there, I should have done it when I took my upper Playfield out the first time, the other one by the Knight looks fun. Hopefully someone else that's got them can chimed in and help us out LOL

#1840 31 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My girlfriend always puts a small Santa hat on her fullsize Sauron statue. Currently he's also holding Jack Skellington's head.

#1841 31 days ago

WTB updated code

#1842 31 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

WTB updated code

Should have been out by now.

#1843 31 days ago

As much as I'd love to see a meaty code update, I suspect the one coming soon will be mostly dedicated to the topper.

The only things I've heard Steve & Tim say about it are some new call outs that Steve was doing, options around soft call outs and topper integration.

If the update was bigger in terms of improvements & changes, then I reckon we would have heard more said about it or even seen it released by now. The topper could then follow with a release in the next week or so once the Xmas push for Stranger Things and Star Wars Home was over.

Stern have still been putting out code updates for other games over the last few weeks, so no reason to hold this one back in my opinion unless it's mostly topper related.

As always though, time will tell.

#1844 31 days ago

No code for christmas then....

Bummer

#1845 30 days ago

Was really hoping I'd get the damned topper already!

#1846 30 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Was really hoping I'd get the damned topper already!

Yeah, it would have been nice to get the topper and the updated code by now, but if it means even better actions and integration of the topper along with some additional features in the code beyond what we already know will be included, I can wait.

IMHO, it sure looks like the BKSOR topper is already infinitely better and much closer to release than the Star Wars topper was at this point after that game’s release. And if Stern sticks to the pre-announced price, we’ll be getting a lot more in the BKSOR topper for a lot le$$. While I’d probably bite the co$t bullet and find a budgetary way to buy the Star Wars topper if I had the game, I’d still be pretty disappointed in what i got for what I paid for that one.

#1847 30 days ago

remember the Star Wars topper got stuck in approval purgatory

#1848 30 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

No code for christmas then....
Bummer

BIG TIME!!! The new code was due out on thanksgiving, which never showed. Now we all thought it was going to be here by 12/25/19.

#1849 30 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Ok, went over my machine and here’s where I see that type of screen that you have loose. There may be a couple more I just can’t see. Hope this helps.[quoted image]

I've been all over the playfield with a bright light and I cannot find where that screw came from. Thanx again for your diagram...

#1850 30 days ago

I've got a new behavior 70 games into ownership - one side of the flail is touching the ramp when it spins. Neither the flail, the rod/axle, or the Black Knight himself appear loose and there is no play in the mechanism. I've examined it pretty closely....I was hoping that the "missing" screw mentioned in my previous post above was the culprit but all the screws on the Black Knight mechanism are present and tight.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about - the "tick tick tick" you're hearing is one of the flail balls touching the ramp as it spins. Is this happening to anyone else:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
There are 2051 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside