20210708_211609 (resized).jpg
20210708_202851 (resized).jpg
20210708_202805 (resized).jpg
F862B17C-5ADD-4433-9880-7FAE042B88AD (resized).jpeg
IMG_3759 (resized).JPG
sling (resized).jpg
34B4B232-3ECB-4577-97F5-FC09CFB8F165 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4144 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 83.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

pop bumper toppers

I was debating on getting these. What is your impression? Does it make the game darker or does light shine through at all?? I liked their ones for my former iron man.

Thanks

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was debating on getting these. What is your impression? Does it make the game darker or does light shine through at all?? I liked their ones for my former iron man.
Thanks

Maybe a little darker but that doesn't matter to me. The cool thing is the skulls eyes are knocked out so light shines through them, a pretty cool effect. Light shines around the outside also.

#1603 1 year ago
20191124_155756 (resized).jpg
#1604 1 year ago

Those are nicely done caps .. Hooked does great work. You won't be disappointed.

On another note... This may have been asked before but how does one get to the RETRO mode and also what does getting the sword lit mean?\\
This game is beating the heck out of me..

#1605 1 year ago

Are there any owners experiencing pooling/wrinkling/splitting on their playfields? if so, any pics?

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

The cool thing is the skulls eyes are knocked out so light shines through them, a pretty cool effect. Light shines around the outside also.

Ok you had me at light through the skulls eyes, guess I will be ordering them now. Yay OT money lol.

#1607 1 year ago

-EDIT- I read through a search in this forum for it, and will see if the post by Steve R. helps mine out.

Ok, I just got mine unboxed tonight with help from a good friend - I have read the manual, done some web searches, but cannot find mention of the white plastic "protector" (I don't know what to call it) underneath the top right flipper.

It's a solid white piece, protecting a hole in the upper PF... what the reason for that hole was I know not.... Is it something that is supposed to come out?

The reason I ask this is that it seriously impacts the free movement of that flipper.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

-EDIT- I read through a search in this forum for it, and will see if the post by Steve R. helps mine out.
Ok, I just got mine unboxed tonight with help from a good friend - I have read the manual, done some web searches, but cannot find mention of the white plastic "protector" (I don't know what to call it) underneath the top right flipper.
It's a solid white piece, protecting a hole in the upper PF... what the reason for that hole was I know not.... Is it something that is supposed to come out?
The reason I ask this is that it seriously impacts the free movement of that flipper.
Thanks for the advice in advance.

yours is missing the white nylon piece? I thought some were missing a washer, not that whole piece. It’s there to prevent the ball from possibly sticking behind the flipper. Brilliant little design

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

yours is missing the white nylon piece? I thought some were missing a washer, not that whole piece. It’s there to prevent the ball from possibly sticking behind the flipper. Brilliant little design

No, it is there - just binding up the flipper. I solved it by loosening the flipper from the block holding in the shaft on the underside of the PF, I think it was using a 5/32" Allen. Once I loosened up the Allen bolt (?) and got the flipper to freely move, I tightened it up again.

I don't know why this worked, but it did.

#1610 1 year ago
PB060048 (resized).JPG
#1611 1 year ago
PB060052 (resized).JPG
#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Are there any owners experiencing pooling/wrinkling/splitting on their playfields? if so, any pics?

Only the first one is of BK

#1613 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Only the first one is of BK

What's the second one?

#1615 1 year ago

Ok SOR owners I’m considering a LE
Great price in the box. One of my favorites is AC/DC which I play all the time. How does this compare ? Haven’t had a chance to play one yet

Thanks

#1616 1 year ago

Thanks... acdc vault is interesting. I was sure the pf problems started with bk and went through JP etc.

#1617 1 year ago

I did a tournament last night and noticed that when the game is in tournament mode it still awards extra balls. Is that normal? There was no configuration for this in the tournament start/stop UX.

#1618 1 year ago

Extra balls are a separate setting. STD adjustment #16

Tournament mode eliminates randomness for mystery and other awards but doesn’t eliminate EBs.

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks... acdc vault is interesting. I was sure the pf problems started with bk and went through JP etc.

Nope. St, AC/DC, Deadpool, Maiden, Munsters, bk, jp, or anything else that was produced from basically the beginning of 2018-now.

#1620 1 year ago

What’s been the consensus on pro vs prem on this title?
*runs to the hills - loaded question*

#1621 1 year ago

SOR owners ? Will like this game as much as AC/DC? Comparison?

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

SOR owners ? Will like this game as much as AC/DC? Comparison?

Sold AC/DC to get a BK LE. To me, it sounds better, is more brutal, and has a more interesting layout. It’s lacking the number of toys AC/DC has, but the Knight and upper pf are pretty cool. The rules on AC/DC just got pretty boring and repetitive and there were inserts that did nothing. BK still isn’t very deep, but there’s more code coming and what’s there is excellent. Score balancing could be in order though

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s been the consensus on pro vs prem on this title?
*runs to the hills - loaded question*

Oh such a very loaded of a question...LOL! There are many who would argue that the game simply isn't BK if it doesn't have an upper playfield. I do not buy into that, as to me it's more about the battle, personality, and themed world it creates. I personally like the pro better, but I will admit I wish we had catapult multiball, or at least one more "side mission" type goal.

Here is a copy / paste of my defense of the pro when it was accused of being a one trick pony without the upper playfield:
"To me, it's more of a one trick pony WITH the upper PF. Why would you ever bother with the lower pf shots when you can progress battles with one target in the upper (thereby sucking all uniqueness out of the battles), and start multiball up there? The upper completely takes over the game, and just isn't much fun to shoot in my opinion. Plus you lose one of the best combo shots in pinball...the ramp to shield lock backhand. Sooooo good."

That's just my two cents though. I totally understand and respect that some like the prem/LE better. It's nice to have choices, and it's a great game either way. I think it's a lot like GoT, where they really feel like two different games. Some will prefer one over the other, but they are both awesome. I'm happy with my pro, but if only the prem/LE existed, I would be happy with that too (again, just like GoT)!

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh such a very loaded of a question...LOL! There are many who would argue that the game simply isn't BK if it doesn't have an upper playfield. I do not buy into that, as to me it's more about the battle, personality, and themed world it creates. I personally like the pro better, but I will admit I wish we had catapult multiball, or at least one more "side mission" type goal.
Here is a copy / paste of my defense of the pro when it was accused of being a one trick pony without the upper playfield:
"To me, it's more of a one trick pony WITH the upper PF. Why would you ever bother with the lower pf shots when you can progress battles with one target in the upper (thereby sucking all uniqueness out of the battles), and start multiball up there? The upper completely takes over the game, and just isn't much fun to shoot in my opinion. Plus you lose one of the best combo shots in pinball...the ramp to shield lock backhand. Sooooo good."
That's just my two cents though. I totally understand and respect that some like the prem/LE better. It's nice to have choices, and it's a great game either way. I think it's a lot like GoT, where they really feel like two different games. Some will prefer one over the other, but they are both awesome. I'm happy with my pro, but if only the prem/LE existed, I would be happy with that too (again, just like GoT)!

Definitely agree with you that the game is about the battle and the kickass nature. And you’re right, the upper pf on the premium is a bit of a one trick pony. Hoping code will improve this otherwise I may have to downgrade to a pro at some point...

#1625 1 year ago

Hi all

Thought I would share..
We just finished these and they look Killer in the game..

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/black-knight-powerbladez

Thanks!
Joe

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi all
Thought I would share..
We just finished these and they look Killer in the game..

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/black-knight-powerbladez
Thanks!
Joe

Looks very nice!

#1627 1 year ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ok SOR owners I’m considering a LE
Great price in the box. One of my favorites is AC/DC which I play all the time. How does this compare ? Haven’t had a chance to play one yet
Thanks

I have both. Completely different games and they don’t step on each other’s toes.

Hard to compare since they’re so different. AC⚡️DC is tough to beat for a total package and amazingly deep code. BK is tough to best for action and clear objectives.

#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Definitely agree with you that the game is about the battle and the kickass nature. And you’re right, the upper pf on the premium is a bit of a one trick pony. Hoping code will improve this otherwise I may have to downgrade to a pro at some point...

Have to respectfully disagree here:

Objectively the Upper pf is where all the points are gained from a variety of shots/setups:

- loop goes up in points each loop so building them up allows for quite lucrative loop shots as you progress through the game.
- also upper loop shots are big points in retro mode... also lucrative... and fun.
- target and loop in monster mode brings massive points... so building up the value with loops then hitting the target for a monster hit.
-lock shot is big points in catapult multiball when you nail 3x and 4x supers.
- also lock shot for super skillshot can be lucrative after a few successes.
There's plenty to do up there for a mini playfield imo.

#1629 1 year ago

Bug report:
I set my LED Insert brightness to 85% and max = 210.
Standard adjustments 72 & 73.

My flame panel stopped working. I believe it is non-dimmable LEDs.
After reverting back to 100% and 255, it started working again

Has anyone else had this problem / can someone else confirm? If it's not just me, maybe it could be added to next software update.

#1630 1 year ago

Has anybody gotten an ETA on topper production / shipping?

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

Bug report:
I set my LED Insert brightness to 85% and max = 210.
Standard adjustments 72 & 73.
My flame panel stopped working. I believe it is non-dimmable LEDs.
After reverting back to 100% and 255, it started working again
Has anyone else had this problem / can someone else confirm? If it's not just me, maybe it could be added to next software update.

Yes, I found this a month or so ago and reported it on here somewhere. Hopefully it can be fixed with software.

#1632 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Nope. St, AC/DC, Deadpool, Maiden, Munsters, bk, jp, or anything else that was produced from basically the beginning of 2018-now.

Metallica LED and Iron Maiden both have these issues!

#1633 1 year ago

Where is the new code???? Hopefully it will have "adult" language to go with the theme this time.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Where is the new code????

I'm hoping for the option to turn off any comments by the Knight at all. I have him attenuated almost all the way but it affects some other call outs. Just not into the taunting or jokes or anything he says.

#1635 1 year ago

There was a post on the Stern Facebook page today titled "Get Ready Meatbags! Black (Knight) Friday 11/29/19 9AM CST"

So fingers crossed that it's new code and topper info.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I just installed these flipper toppers and pop bumper toppers, That I ordered from Hooked on Pinball.[quoted image]

Anyone knows what type of LED is used for the pop bumpers? I ordered Hooked Bumper caps and wonder how would it look if I change the LEDs for Red or Amber.

#1637 1 year ago

My fingers are crossed for a code drop that will rival the JP code update. Not holding my breath, but hoping! LOL

While I would love more features, modes, etc...I am really just expecting some tweaks and polish. But I will keep hoping Tim has some crazy surprises for us!

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My fingers are crossed for a code drop that will rival the JP code update. Not holding my breath, but hoping! LOL
While I would love more features, modes, etc...I am really just expecting some tweaks and polish. But I will keep hoping Tim has some crazy surprises for us!

I hear you - I have my fingers crossed too. It's been 4 months since the 1.0 code update, so Tim has had time to add more to the game. I'm hoping the time gap between code updates is reflective of this. Working on the topper has no doubt take up some of that time though. Hopefully Stern have allocated time, resources and support to Tim to get more into the game.

My JP arrived last week and I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed at just how much of a gap there is in terms of code between the two games. Especially since Black Knight is at 1.0 and JP just hit 0.95. Games don't need to be overly complicated, but depth is certainly lacking on Black Knight in comparison.

#1639 1 year ago

My prediction:

This game needs a 2nd set of monsters and more mode content, but we will get topper integration and a few tweaks and fixes.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Metallica LED and Iron Maiden both have these issues!

Ah, yea I hit maiden but forgot about Metallica. Not to derail the thread but how awesome is it that they produced that game for like 6 years

#1641 1 year ago

Games with good momentum/sales get regular updates, games like munsters, wrestling, even aerosmith and guardians, code takes a lot longer to flesh out for weak selling games. just one guys observation

I still stand by it that Stern screwed up a bit with putting out that 1st deadflip stream a little prematurely... it put so many people off this game due to the upper playfield being played like shit on the stream. didn't do it justice at all. i'm hoping this game is a slow burner and builds momentum. I don't have to say it on this thread but anyone who owns this game and has given it some time knows how good it is and its potential.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Games with good momentum/sales get regular updates, games like munsters, wrestling, even aerosmith and guardians, code takes a lot longer to flesh out for weak selling games. just one guys observation

This is the basis for my hypothesis.

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My prediction:
This game needs a 2nd set of monsters and more mode content, but we will get topper integration and a few tweaks and fixes.

Nah, Monstermodes are enough. Refine them a bit (is there a "finishing" animation?) and add some stuff to do on the sides, like visibly/ in numbers building up damage to the castle wall/ collecting money (wich you allready do I suppose but I still didn't get how sicne I only play on location).

#1644 1 year ago

How do they not have an animation for the hydra showing which heads you have cut off?! No brainer!

#1645 1 year ago

Ill be up all night waiting for tomorrow mornings big news!!

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Nah, Monstermodes are enough. Refine them a bit (is there a "finishing" animation?) and add some stuff to do on the sides, like visibly/ in numbers building up damage to the castle wall/ collecting money (wich you allready do I suppose but I still didn't get how sicne I only play on location).

Actually yes, us owners would like more monster modes. Each realm should have multiple monsters to face in, otherwise why name realms differently??

Also what i want more than anything is more combos and higher/different awards for doing 2 things together. Think upper loop then castle lock together should be worth more than a straight castle lock.

Also see my loop shot map from earlier post here on what else the upper playfield loops could offer. ie blue and white loop shots currently do nothing

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/25#post-5215809

ee41df12ae70c269e3402f6784481c38085d070c (resized).jpg

#1647 1 year ago

New code today?

#1648 1 year ago

Excitwd to see the topper today!

#1649 1 year ago

Nothing on their site yet.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesder:

There was a post on the Stern Facebook page today titled "Get Ready Meatbags! Black (Knight) Friday 11/29/19 9AM CST"
So fingers crossed that it's new code and topper info.

Well what is it?

There are 4144 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 83.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside