IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 112.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What’s the thoughts on this enhancement assembly kit 502-7103-00 from Stern for the BK premium/LE, is it worth putting on or leave it off ?[quoted image]

Quoted from mnpinball:

What’s the thoughts on this enhancement assembly kit 502-7103-00 from Stern for the BK premium/LE, is it worth putting on or leave it off ?[quoted image]

Like others, I think it simply automates something you can do yourself. I don’t notice my upper playfield being any “easier” since installing it. If anything It gives you a new wait time after a loop shot.

#1552 4 years ago

Yeah, I think it's worth installing too. It's not going to change a lot, it just help with a little bump.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

IMHO, if you’re a player with good nudging skills and/or you don’t mind the game playing tougher on the upper playfield, then leave it off. Otherwise, swap it in.
But because it is such a simple thing, you can easily switch it either way whenever you want. So maybe you like it always playing tough upstairs, but when you have a pinball party at your place you want to make the game a smidge easier for players at a more modest skill level.

Do you have to remove the upper playfield to put it in? I got mine in the mail but haven't really looked at it closely yet.

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Do you have to remove the upper playfield to put it in? I got mine in the mail but haven't really looked at it closely yet.

nope. takes about 30 seconds.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

nope. takes about 30 seconds.

Exactly - it's all "right on top" of everything.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I don’t notice my upper playfield being any “easier” since installing it. If anything It gives you a new wait time after a loop shot.

The big thing it does is bump the ball coming around the loop or from the VUK more toward the upper flipper than the game normally does without it. For me, that makes the game/upper playfield easier. Your mileage may vary.

#1557 4 years ago

Just joined the Club!......#538 LE

Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot? I feel like I have to crank it for it to go down. Maybe its like scoleri brothers in Ghostbusters and need to tighten up the spring? then once I get to the VUK it just shoots it straight to the drain on the upper playfield, making it useless to go for that shot to get to the upper playfield.

IMG_2760 (resized).jpegIMG_2760 (resized).jpeg
#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot? I feel like I have to crank it for it to go down. Maybe its like scoleri brothers in Ghostbusters and need to tighten up the spring? then once I get to the VUK it just shoots it straight to the drain on the upper playfield, making it useless to go for that shot to get to the upper playfield.[quoted image]

Do you have the "bump" enhancement installed? And does it still drain directly with that enhancement in place?

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot?

I noticed mine was'nt going down in certain occasions and thought something was wrong. Then I noticed it's only in certain modes, like multiballs. So not sure if it's wanted or not.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Do you have the "bump" enhancement installed? And does it still drain directly with that enhancement in place?

No not yet, it’s coming the mail. That should help it though hey?

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I noticed mine was'nt going down in certain occasions and thought something was wrong. Then I noticed it's only in certain modes, like multiballs. So not sure if it's wanted or not.

Ahhh ok that makes more sense. Thanks!

#1562 4 years ago

Dang it, I want my topper and code update! Rarflflarghle.....
Getting impatient over here.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

TheRudyB - How does one go about getting this kit? Is it a “call Stern” scenario or will our distributor get it on our behalf by asking them?

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Can anyone tell me if there is a common issue with the left drop target shot? I feel like I have to crank it for it to go down. Maybe its like scoleri brothers in Ghostbusters and need to tighten up the spring? then once I get to the VUK it just shoots it straight to the drain on the upper playfield, making it useless to go for that shot to get to the upper playfield.[quoted image]

The vuk definitely shouldn't be shooting it to the drain... it always hits the flipper on mine... check the vuk power and play around with that first.

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Looks like they're on ebay:
ebay.com link » Black Knight Stern Pinball Machine Shooter Knob And Rod

Thanks!! Just ordered!

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

therudyb - How does one go about getting this kit? Is it a “call Stern” scenario or will our distributor get it on our behalf by asking them?

You can do either and get it for free. Or pay $2.99 plus shipping and get it faster from Pinball Life (hopefully with the extra hole needed already drilled it by now that mine didn’t have several months ago.) Or if you want something even faster, look at the pictures of it online and just wedge a spare star post or something in there to create a similar bump in the same spot in the rubber ring.

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

No not yet, it’s coming the mail. That should help it though hey?

Yep!

#1569 4 years ago

This capacitor fixed all the issues I had with gi and shield flail problems. Since installed zero issues in 2 weeks of play. I know there are a few other le owners with similar problem occurring. This has definitely fixed it. Was sent from my distro.

20191115_211134 (resized).jpg20191115_211134 (resized).jpg20191115_211142 (resized).jpg20191115_211142 (resized).jpg20191115_211145 (resized).jpg20191115_211145 (resized).jpg
#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This capacitor fixed all the issues I had with gi and shield flail problems. Since installed zero issues in 2 weeks of play. I know there are a few other le owners with similar problem occurring. This has definitely fixed it. Was sent from my distro.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting. Glad it has seemed to work!
Mind PM’ing me the details of the distributor, name of a contact there etc?

When I contacted stern and asked them about a cap solution, they shot it down and said that was only for a certain few older games.

I’m sure this will jinx it now, but I did go through and replace all red upper GI bulbs (a solid hour+ job), and so far for about a week I’ve been ok.

#1571 4 years ago

Finally found a pro with the help of a fellow pinsider. How do people feel about a shaker in it? Meh? or F Yeah?

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Finally found a pro with the help of a fellow pinsider. How do people feel about a shaker in it? Meh? or F Yeah?

My personal rule for adding a shaker motor to my games is to ask if a shaker motor enhances the game's theme and further brings you into the game's world when you play. So games like Earthshaker (obviously), Twister, etc.: Is there anything in the theme that might cause the ground and/or the surrounding area to shake/quake/rattle/rumble/vibrate? So WWF Royal Rumble counts - not because of the word "rumble" in its name but because stomping, bodyslams, etc. cause a wrestling ring to shake. Games where car engines are regularly revving and bombs are frequently exploding are some more great examples. I would also put a shaker motor in any Jurassic Park game because of approaching T-Rex's steps, etc.

So all of that said, I haven't put a shaker in my BKSOR (and likely won't) because I'm still not seeing many (if any) places where a shaking effect would make $100 worth of sense to me. It makes no sense to me (again: in my personal opinion) for a game to just shake for no apparent, well-integrated reason. Plus I did the speaker+subwoofer upgrades because of the soundtrack, so I already have a well-integrated shaker motor! (When it comes to rock band/heavy metal games, get/add the top-of-line speaker and subwoofer upgrades. Trust me on this: you won't NEED a shaker motor after that upgrade.)

So for BKSOR, my $0.02 is to put the shaker dollars towards the sound system upgrades instead.

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Definitely. Magnasave massive shaking is awesome along with all the other monster fights and knight battle hits etc.

#1574 4 years ago

hell yes on shaker!

#1575 4 years ago

I would definitely recommend the shaker on this game with all of the battles being raged! It's awesome on the magna-save and the extra ball as well. Best shaker I've had on a Stern game so far.

#1577 4 years ago

I can't wait for the topper. I hope it integrates with the shaker so that it feels like he's throwing a fit and shaking the machine.

#1578 4 years ago

As an LE owner the shaking is really awesome. It’s worth the loot to do it!

#1579 4 years ago

One of the best integrated shakers I can think of. Highly recommended!

#1580 4 years ago

The shaker effects on the LE are awesome... and I'm not the biggest shaker motor fan. I can usually take them or leave them.

#1581 4 years ago

I just joined the club, bought a pro.
It came with a non-installed mylar for in front of the knight. Any opinions on installing or leaving off?

20191116_010056 (resized).jpg20191116_010056 (resized).jpg
#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

It came with a non-installed mylar for in front of the knight. Any opinions on installing or leaving off?[quoted image]

Put it on. That's a brutal spot for the pf.

Mylar up!

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

It came with a non-installed mylar for in front of the knight. Any opinions on installing or leaving off?[quoted image]

Mylar the pf is a big call... once it's on its on and some people dont like Mylar on their pfs so just thinking resale.

I have an LE with quite a number of games. That area gets it a bit but not so much as to Mylar it. I would summise that the Mylar was included as an operators option. I would only ever consider it if I was throwing it out in the wild where it would cop a beating...

If I were buying a second hand one I wouldn't get one with Mylar... just my personal choice. For better or worse Mylar looks shit and it's a big area that it covers.

in short your call but my suggestion is don't do it.

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Mylar the pf is a big call... once it's on its on and some people dont like Mylar on their pfs so just thinking resale.
I have an LE with quite a number of games. That area gets it a bit but not so much as to Mylar it. I would summise that the Mylar was included as an operators option. I would only ever consider it if I was throwing it out in the wild where it would cop a beating...
If I were buying a second hand one I wouldn't get one with Mylar... just my personal choice. For better or worse Mylar looks shit and it's a big area that it covers.
in short your call but my suggestion is don't do it.

Huh, I light up my games real bright (pinstadiums) and I never notice mylars except the old ones on my South Park. They peel off just fine if you don't want them though right? I've never removed them.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Do you have a picture of the mylar? Mine did not come with this.

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Do you have a picture of the mylar? Mine did not come with this.

15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg15742254669904232458066232414407 (resized).jpg
#1587 4 years ago

I know some people hate them, but the playfield protector works really well for this game.

#1588 4 years ago

It's going to be a long 9 days....I just joined the club and purchased a NIB BKSOR Premium (with shaker motor). Delivery is Friday, November 29!! Obligatory unboxing photos to be posted shortly after arrival!

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

It's going to be a long 9 days....I just joined the club and purchased a NIB BKSOR Premium (with shaker motor). Delivery is Friday, November 29!! Obligatory unboxing photos to be posted shortly after arrival!

This game is so good...you will not regret it .

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

[quoted image]

And this came with your game? I wonder if Stern will send me one.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

And this came with your game? I wonder if Stern will send me one.

It comes in the bag with the manual and plastics and all.

#1593 4 years ago

This type of mylar will come off super easily if needed down the road. Where mylar can become an issue is old games where they were put down with heavy adhesive on a non-clearcoated playfield, then baked by the incandescent insert bulbs for a couple decades. A small self adhesive piece like this one on a modern clearcoated playfield with only LEDs under it will peel off later with minimal effort. If you put down a layer of wax first, even easier.

That said, I am not sure I see the benefit of putting this one on in a typical HUO environment. Just keep it clean and waxed. But there will be absolutely no harm in putting it on if it makes you more comfortable.

#1594 4 years ago

Are most people using it?

#1595 4 years ago

My experiences with mylar, like others have mentioned (partial opinion/facts)

It's bad when it bubbles or you want to remove
It's great to protect
I've never seen bad factory installed mylar within first 10 years.
It's usually only factory installed around the pops and it's practically invisible.
I've had 3 different T3's and they all have had factory installed mylar where the cannon launches the ball (and they all looked great!)
Almost all of the Family Guys have insert wear issues from the scoop kicking the ball out without mylar (and the impact is probably less than the T3 cannon)

This game is a little different - ball "can" jump and land in this area, but I only notice it once in a while
I'm going to op to not install for my home-use, but I would install for a location (better safe than sorry)
If I notice anything unusual (or hear reports from other people) than I can always add it later.

Thanks for everybody's thoughts.

#1596 4 years ago

Clearcoat

Mylar

Pick one. For home use, you don't need both. Realistically, for home use you don't need either.

#1597 4 years ago

So my “ball launch” coil seems to be a little lazy all of a sudden. I cranked the coil power to 255 and it is now working, but anything shy seems to put me half way up the ramp. Anyone know what could cause that?

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So my “ball launch” coil seems to be a little lazy all of a sudden. I cranked the coil power to 255 and it is now working, but anything shy seems to put me half way up the ramp. Anyone know what could cause that?

Had the same problem. For me it was a bolt coming up under the ramp, making it lop sided. Tightened it down and it fixed. Took me forever to figure it out.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Had the same problem. For me it was a bolt coming up under the ramp, making it lop sided. Tightened it down and it fixed. Took me forever to figure it out.

Oh, good call. I’ll check that.

#1600 4 years ago

I just installed these flipper toppers and pop bumper toppers, That I ordered from Hooked on Pinball.

20191124_125417 (resized).jpg20191124_125417 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/32?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.