419082800_394833846549860_9175483327336041787_n (resized).jpg
419227507_644941384328403_9021984651519584815_n (resized).jpg
418762784_923606409158117_7189831557137429667_n (resized).jpg
417298532_315320470904074_4804474014691673790_n (resized).jpg
417253198_186166294559093_5421502549371054806_n (resized).jpg
417243102_1855591888230147_254117454157966660_n (resized).jpg
417060729_348471271463831_7316753656590831076_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.
#1501 4 years ago

Seriously in need of some new code at this point. It's gotten repetitive.

#1503 4 years ago

There is definitely some tweaks and fixes need happening, plus some score imbalances particularly with the supers which (if not played and collected during retro) are a waste of time. That said though some games are repetitive by design. I particularly like just trying to smash my individual monster scores and multiball scores or my loop champion. Its that type of game to me where you are trying to rack up those points in those modes and beat yourself.

All games don't need to have an epic saga of a code to be good. Sometimes less is more with code if done right. For me anyway this is that type of game.

I do have a wishlist though two monsters per realm would be awesome.

#1504 4 years ago

Less can be more... Unless you have the premium/LE which is super unbalanced. Nothing code can’t fix, so still hopeful

#1505 4 years ago

Havent turned my bksor le on for about a month. I wont sell it but it needs some help on the code. Hopefully Tim Sexton is working on it.

#1506 4 years ago

I’m hoping they could treat Either just the left, or both vuk’s on the pro as physical ball locks for another multi-ball sequence. It’d have to imagine it’s certainly possible with where we are in coding nowadays

#1507 4 years ago

Just rebuilt my flippers yesterday as they had the dreaded coil stop disintegration issue.

I was hoping it would help with the weak right flipper, but it didn't.

Can't make the center ramp on my premium after a long game.

What are people doing about this issue?

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m hoping they could treat Either just the left, or both vuk’s on the pro as physical ball locks for another multi-ball sequence. It’d have to imagine it’s certainly possible with where we are in coding nowadays

Don’t think they will because catapult mb is a reason they wanted people to buy the premium

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Just rebuilt my flippers yesterday as they had the dreaded coil stop disintegration issue.
I was hoping it would help with the weak right flipper, but it didn't.
Can't make the center ramp on my premium after a long game.
What are people doing about this issue?

Are you positive it has the correct amount of up/down play?

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

yup after learning you can just stay up top the whole time.
also maybe limiting Catapult MB to once per ball or only after completed a monster on the bottom field.
makes it to easy staying up top. I know you don't have to play it that way, but once you learn you can its hard to unlearn it.

#1511 4 years ago

So no one else has cracked the catapult upper plastic? (Walk around to the side...cracks are almost invisible from playing position). I’ve cracked two now. Seems like a design issue.

And by the way, to replace it is a huge pain in the butt. Involves drilling out digits and getting creative with the brackets to use screws that don’t interfere with the opto boards. Not a quick job.

#1512 4 years ago

I have a question for everyone who has a Premium or Limited Edition: when you flip the right flipper, which flips first, the upper flipper or the main flipper?

I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper, but on the Premium in my basement at home the main flipper flips first and then the upper flipper-- which sometimes doesn't flip or is delayed enough that I miss the shot, which is annoying. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine.

#1513 4 years ago

Its pinball, what pin doesn't get repetitive? I have been playing a ton of JP3 and its starting to feel like chopping wood. I don't know for me 150 to 200 plays and if its not a theme that I really love like this pin than its almost done. BK3 is just pure Metal and that makes it a keeper but if I was into Perry Como or something It would have left the building long ago.

#1514 4 years ago

Steve says it should be updated by Christmas.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

So no one else has cracked the catapult upper plastic? (Walk around to the side...cracks are almost invisible from playing position). I’ve cracked two now. Seems like a design issue.
And by the way, to replace it is a huge pain in the butt. Involves drilling out digits and getting creative with the brackets to use screws that don’t interfere with the opto boards. Not a quick job.

I've checked mine closely after seeing your post and I have no sign of cracking whatsoever... bout 200 plays in on my LE. Your issue would seem more of an isolated issue than design flaw... at this stage anyway. I would try larger washers... also think of flipper strength possibly? I reduced my upper flipper power from day 1. The balls trajectory and speed may being doing it. Just some thoughts.

#1516 4 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper,

That is wrong. Should be the other way around.

From what I understand the pros are exploiting the game in tournaments by trapping balls on the lower flippers and using the upper flipper for endless loops during multiball. Swapping the flipper wires to make the upper flipper go first would put an end to that.

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That is wrong. Should be the other way around.
From what I understand the pros are exploiting the game in tournaments by trapping balls on the lower flippers and using the upper flipper for endless loops during multiball. Swapping the flipper wires to make the upper flipper go first would put an end to that.

Thanks for the info. I still think there's something wrong with my right flipper button, but at least it's flipping in the correct order.

#1518 4 years ago

A few items I'd like to see addressed in the next code release:

The game is inconsistent about clearing messages by flipping both flippers. None of the mode score totals can be cleared by flipping both flippers, for example. I can't count how many times I've muttered nasty things under my breath as it tells me War Hurry-Up Total: 100,000 and I'm flipping both flippers and it does nothing to make that damn message go away. I can live with the Skill Shot/Super Skill Shot animations not being interruptible, but IMHO the rest should be.

On the other hand, if you flip both flippers to skip the Extra Ball animation or the Extra Ball Is Lit animation, it goes away entirely immediately, whereas I think it should skip to the last frame and hold that for a second or two, like what it does when you abort the Mystery Award animation.

Regarding the War Hurry-Up-- sometimes during it it's spinning the flail and having the shield lowered, and sometimes it isn't. When it is, I have to hit the flail or shield multiple times to get credit for it in War Hurry-Up-- is that how it's supposed to be? If it is, it's annoying; if it isn't, it should be fixed.

The Triple Knights ball lock sequence should be aware of when there are other balls in play, and not turn off all the playfield lights in that situation, or at least turn them off for a much shorter period of time.

At the start of ball 3, I'd like to see the lowest high score that I haven't beaten yet, not just the replay value.

It would also be nice if the game would tell you when you finished a mode and it tells you the total for that mode, if that's a new champion score for that mode.

#1519 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything about topper ship date? My wife wants to get me it for xmas and she keeps asking me when it will be available?

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

I have a question for everyone who has a Premium or Limited Edition: when you flip the right flipper, which flips first, the upper flipper or the main flipper?
I'm at the Grand Ole Gameroom Expo in Nashville and they have a LE here, and on it the upper flipper flips first followed by the main flipper, but on the Premium in my basement at home the main flipper flips first and then the upper flipper-- which sometimes doesn't flip or is delayed enough that I miss the shot, which is annoying. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with mine.

Absolutely the lower flipper!

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone heard anything about topper ship date? My wife wants to get me it for xmas and she keeps asking me when it will be available?

None that I have heard since Pinball Expo: Steve, Tim and team are working to have it available for purchase so folks will receive it by Xmas - exactly what you and I and I’m sure many more are hoping happens too. It will be released in tandem with the next code update.

IMHO I would have been happy if I could have bought the one I saw at Expo as is. But Steve and Tim had no intention of leaving it at that for us BKSOR owners; they’re recording more (new!) call outs and creating additional animation effects and synchronizations to ensure that the BKSOR topper is the topper of all toppers. I think Steve, Tim and the team intend to create a fourth level of awesome for Steve Ritchie games - i just don’t know what they’ll call the level that comes after “biggest.”

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've checked mine closely after seeing your post and I have no sign of cracking whatsoever... bout 200 plays in on my LE. Your issue would seem more of an isolated issue than design flaw... at this stage anyway. I would try larger washers... also think of flipper strength possibly? I reduced my upper flipper power from day 1. The balls trajectory and speed may being doing it. Just some thoughts.

Interesting. I first thought it was over tightening on my part. Frankly, plastics and screws were falling out left and right on mine (including the freaking opto board screw underneath the catapult plastic), so I had to loctite and resecure most every screw I have access to.

Anyway, after the top Catapult plastic cracked once and I made the huge effort to replace it by drilling the rivets, etc, I made VERY sure to just barely barely snug those top four screws. Sure enough, cracked again.

I’ve wondered whether washers underneath would also help, in addition to the top ones? Also curious if tiny rubber washers would help below the “Star” washer that’s on there from the factory (it’s the kind that “grabs” and helps the screws not back out).

Still no word back from stern after over 10 days.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

For those who are interested in the sword mod, please report in the "The Nov sword mod" topic in all modding section
Thanks !!

I really like your mod and think it would be an incredible enhancement to the pro. I do like the sword but I would be equally interested if it were just a wire form that mirrored the right side. It would probably be cheaper and easier to produce and ship.

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I really like your mod and think it would be an incredible enhancement to the pro. I do like the sword but I would be equally interested if it were just a wire form that mirrored the right side. It would probably be cheaper and easier to produce and ship.

How would it be easier to weld a couple of steel wires together into a certain shape to form a ramp (where the welding points can break in shipment) compared to just cutting the sword out of a sheet of metal???

#1525 4 years ago

We just got a Black Knight SOR Pro at our pinball league bar. I played it and think it’s quite a bit of fun, there are a few things I’m trying to figure out gameplay wise, I’m hoping someone here can help me with:

-How do the super modes work? It looks like I qualify with right flipper shots. But supposedly there is a way to boost the level (1-4) of super by hitting the left spinner. I can’t get this to work? Or I can’t see the level increasing. Once I hit the Black Knight, the super mode starts. Then what? I just keep hitting the associated item on the pin (slings, lanes, etc)... then cash out at the left spinner. How do I know how much I’ve accumulated? What if I don’t hit the left saucer? Do I lose any points logged in the super mode?

-With ‘Power’, when full, Should/can I hit the power before starting a mode? Or can I only hit power once a mode has started?

-are there any tournament strategies I should be aware of? I know to aim for locks and backhand the light lock. Are there things I should ignore? War hurry ups look like something potentially rewarding?

Thanks!

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How would it be easier to weld a couple of steel wires together into a certain shape to form a ramp (where the welding points can break in shipment) compared to just cutting the sword out of a sheet of metal???

Certainly if your making them by hand its not. I was thinking their might already be one in existance that would only take a slight modification to work. I see your point. Cutting stainless is likely not that cheap and then there is the graphic work on the sword and handle and it would also be heavier to ship. I think its a great mod either way.

#1527 4 years ago

My new bumper caps mod

20191111_223912 (resized).jpg20191111_223912 (resized).jpg20191111_223954 (resized).jpg20191111_223954 (resized).jpg
#1528 4 years ago

In the club! Just picked up a NIB Le for $7,800. Really like it so far, looking forward to that awesome topper.

#1529 4 years ago

Just got a new top score, 196 million! Still loving this game, an absolute blast to play the pro.

IMG_20191111_213943 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_213943 (resized).jpg
#1530 4 years ago

So who tries to light the outlane save vs. Trying to hit the black knight mode qualifying targets during ball save?

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So who tries to light the outlane save vs. Trying to hit the black knight mode qualifying targets during ball save?

I do. It is a very valuable shot, more so than the skill shot points.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

My new bumper caps mod

Those are sweet!! Are you going to sell those?

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I really want those, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take off the upper playfield to install them.

#1534 4 years ago

I really want those, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take off the upper playfield to install them.

I think they look great too, but would they fit on a Premium/LE given the upper playfield?

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Curious as well, didn't plan to mod my pro but those just look too rad.

#1536 4 years ago

I don't sell this sorry, should be too expensive to make and to ship

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Bummer, nice job though. Very inspiring.

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Did you make them with the 3D printer? You could just share the file if so.

#1539 4 years ago

The upper playfield is super easy to remove. I think it is like 5 total screws. That said, I recommend hand tightening the posts as I very easily snapped one when I put it back together with a nut driver.

#1540 4 years ago

Hooked was working on a bumper mod but I haven't seen update for a while.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p209/Black-Knight-BK-Sword-of-Rage-Pinball-Pop-Bumpers.html

#1541 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any of the upgraded shooter knobs left to be had? I have checked Stern's site for a couple of weeks, and it is still out of stock. If you know of anyone that has them in stock, please let me know who has them. Thanks.

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

We just got a Black Knight SOR Pro at our pinball league bar. I played it and think it’s quite a bit of fun, there are a few things I’m trying to figure out gameplay wise, I’m hoping someone here can help me with:
-How do the super modes work? It looks like I qualify with right flipper shots. But supposedly there is a way to boost the level (1-4) of super by hitting the left spinner. I can’t get this to work? Or I can’t see the level increasing. Once I hit the Black Knight, the super mode starts. Then what? I just keep hitting the associated item on the pin (slings, lanes, etc)... then cash out at the left spinner. How do I know how much I’ve accumulated? What if I don’t hit the left saucer? Do I lose any points logged in the super mode?
-With ‘Power’, when full, Should/can I hit the power before starting a mode? Or can I only hit power once a mode has started?
-are there any tournament strategies I should be aware of? I know to aim for locks and backhand the light lock. Are there things I should ignore? War hurry ups look like something potentially rewarding?
Thanks!

Super modes: left orbit will light the center for super. Hit center to start one of the 5 super modes. Hitting the far left spinner before starting your super mode boosts its value or “level.” Currently not obvious what level you are on. Purple is best value though. You can stack all super features at once. Every time you hit a super thing, you’ll see a jackpot increase in the upper left corner of the display. Collect this and end all super features by shooting the far left orbit into the saucer. Every time a new super feature is stacked on top of another, the 30 sec timer resets. The left side targets increase time and the timer is paused in any multiball. Super features reset at the start of a new ball.

Power: Drops on the right increase your “sword of rage” on the right side of the display. When it is full, the power light will turn on. During any monster mode, hitting the power shot (center) will double your mode value and make it easier. Lasts the rest of the mode. If you hit it and drain, you lose your power. Best to use at the start of a mode.

Strategy on the pro: Play modes and hurry ups. If you can safely shoot the left orbit, go for U-turn awards which can be quite valuable.

Strategy on the LE: Until new code drops, upper playfield all day.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Super modes: left orbit will light the center for super. Hit center to start one of the 5 super modes. Hitting the far left spinner before starting your super mode boosts its value or “level.” Currently not obvious what level you are on. Purple is best value though. You can stack all super features at once. Every time you hit a super thing, you’ll see a jackpot increase in the upper left corner of the display. Collect this and end all super features by shooting the far left orbit into the saucer. Every time a new super feature is stacked on top of another, the 30 sec timer resets. The left side targets increase time and the timer is paused in any multiball. Super features reset at the start of a new ball.
Power: Drops on the right increase your “sword of rage” on the right side of the display. When it is full, the power light will turn on. During any monster mode, hitting the power shot (center) will double your mode value and make it easier. Lasts the rest of the mode. If you hit it and drain, you lose your power. Best to use at the start of a mode.
Strategy on the pro: Play modes and hurry ups. If you can safely shoot the left orbit, go for U-turn awards which can be quite valuable.
Strategy on the LE: Until new code drops, upper playfield all day.

Thank you for this informative post. So the super level is indicated by color?

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If you want to go deep into the rules:

http://tiltforums.com/t/black-knight-sword-of-rage-rulesheet/5210

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

Does anyone know if there are any of the upgraded shooter knobs left to be had? I have checked Stern's site for a couple of weeks, and it is still out of stock. If you know of anyone that has them in stock, please let me know who has them. Thanks.

Looks like they're on ebay:

ebay.com link: Black Knight Stern Pinball Machine Shooter Knob and Rod

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

My new bumper caps mod[quoted image][quoted image]

STL?

#1547 4 years ago

So.... I'm in the club in two weeks.

I'm getting a Premium, and I've seen some of the mods on here, wondering what the top five mods are that people would recommend?

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yeah pretty much, but I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Just be aware of what’s currently running

#1549 4 years ago

What’s the thoughts on this enhancement assembly kit 502-7103-00 from Stern for the BK premium/LE, is it worth putting on or leave it off ?

61D04936-50D6-47C5-9FDA-B89657D7DB9B (resized).jpeg61D04936-50D6-47C5-9FDA-B89657D7DB9B (resized).jpeg
#1550 4 years ago

IMHO, if you’re a player with good nudging skills and/or you don’t mind the game playing tougher on the upper playfield, then leave it off. Otherwise, swap it in.

But because it is such a simple thing, you can easily switch it either way whenever you want. So maybe you like it always playing tough upstairs, but when you have a pinball party at your place you want to make the game a smidge easier for players at a more modest skill level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/31?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.