IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 112.
#1451 4 years ago

The ramp on the pro is money. Nice and smooth.. feeds the flipper at a good rate

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I certainly get that people feel this way. Lots of people say the same of TWD Prem/LE with the walker bombs and all. Ive owned both TWD's and in the end preferred the pro. It's great that stern offers these options.

Coming from someone who was a pro lover at first I would seriously recommend the premium or Le. The pro is definitely a 1 trick pony to me and I would never swap out for a pro... and I'm typically a pro buyer.

The upper pf isn't frustrating once you've worked out how to play it and what to do up there. It adds so much to the game. Biggest scoring opportunities are up there... quadruple and triple catapult mb jackpots are awesome to get.
Also the biggest monster scoring opportunities are up there. Getting the sword power going then hitting those upper pf loops to boost the shot value then hitting the target for massive mode score... best part of the game. Plus in retro mode the upper playfield loops are worth a bunch.
I honestly wouldn't have this game in pro form. The upper pf is a total game changer for the better. Just mho.

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The upper pf isn't frustrating once you've worked out how to play it and what to do up there. It adds so much to the game.

As someone that doesn't care for scoring (wich is the main things you list) what does it add other then a 2nd multiball?

No troll question.

Loving the pro but can see the "1 trick pony" argument. Did not yet have the chance to play the Premium/ LE yet. But on video hitting the loop just not seems the biggest of fun especially since you loose that nice ramp.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As someone that doesn't care for scoring (wich is the main things you list) what does it add other then a 2nd multiball?
No troll question.
Loving the pro but can see the "1 trick pony" argument. Did not yet have the chance to play the Premium/ LE yet. But on video hitting the loop just not seems the biggest of fun especially since you loose that nice ramp.

Only listed scoring opportunites as some pro owners may not have had a chance to play it and know whats going on up there as far as ruleset. You cant watch a video easily and see how the rules work so just putting it up there as more info for a perspective buyer to consider. If you like the pro cool... I have a pro guardians and starwars in my line up. nothing wrong with pro games but in this case I personally think its worth it to have the full game.

The loops are great when you get a double and they are fun to build up throughout the game as every loop increases its value plus loop champion is always fun to beat, my record is at 35 loops so once you have the shot its easier to hit and very lucrative. the lock shot is always extremely satisfying, particularly for triple and quadruple jackpots and the skillshot. Also being strategic when setting up both multiballs is important.

For me personally the way a shot feels and also its "value" in the game make the shot great. nothing wrong with not caring for scoring but if its a great shot but worth shit in scoring then I don't rate the shot too highly. personal taste though of course.

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Only listed scoring opportunites as some pro owners may not have had a chance to play it and know whats going on up there as far as ruleset. You cant watch a video easily and see how the rules work so just putting it up there as more info for a perspective buyer to consider. If you like the pro cool... I have a pro guardians and starwars in my line up. nothing wrong with pro games but in this case I personally think its worth it to have the full game.
The loops are great when you get a double and they are fun to build up throughout the game as every loop increases its value plus loop champion is always fun to beat, my record is at 35 loops so once you have the shot its easier to hit and very lucrative. the lock shot is always extremely satisfying, particularly for triple and quadruple jackpots and the skillshot. Also being strategic when setting up both multiballs is important.
For me personally the way a shot feels and also its "value" in the game make the shot great. nothing wrong with not caring for scoring but if its a great shot but worth shit in scoring then I don't rate the shot too highly. personal taste though of course.

Thx for the input, definitely giving the Premium/ LE a try before pulling the trigger.

As said my "opinion" (wich really isn't one) is only based of of video... and there the lit ramp and upper playfield RGB lighting are more prominent then any "feel". (I hope it's understandable what I'm trying to say.)

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thx for the input, definitely giving the Premium/ LE a try before pulling the trigger.
As said my "opinion" (wich really isn't one) is only based of of video... and there the lit ramp and upper playfield RGB lighting are more prominent then any "feel". (I hope it's understandable what I'm trying to say.)

Totally understandable. I would recommend playing and getting familiar with the ruleset for both tables. If you get the pro you may get over it quickly and wish you went the premium as there is a bunch more to do and more ruleset to sink your teeth into. If your into just the feel of shots and the pro ramp I would go as far as to suggest another table as this game only has that 1 ramp. SR always makes the full game then strips and changes for the pro. This isn't a ramp heavy game by any means.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As someon Did not yet have the chance to play the Premium/ LE yet. But on video hitting the loop just not seems the biggest of fun especially since you loose that nice ramp.

If you like the ST Warp ramp then you will like the loops on upper playfield on BK3

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This would be a one trick pony game without the upper pf.

To me, it's more of a one trick pony WITH the upper PF. Why would you ever bother with the lower pf shots when you can progress battles with one target in the upper (thereby sucking all uniqueness out of the battles), and start multiball up there? The upper completely takes over the game, and just isn't much fun to shoot in my opinion. Plus you lose one of the best combo shots in pinball...the ramp to shield lock backhand. Sooooo good.

Great game either way, but I'm glad we have options!

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

To me, it's more of a one trick pony WITH the upper PF. Why would you ever bother with the lower pf shots when you can progress battles with one target in the upper (thereby sucking all uniqueness out of the battles), and start multiball up there? The upper completely takes over the game, and just isn't much fun to shoot in my opinion. Plus you lose one of the best combo shots in pinball...the ramp to shield lock backhand. Sooooo good.

Glad I went with the Pro all the way. Not a fan of the upper playfield.

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

But, you gain a combo shot (hopefully an official combo shot in future code) that is one of the best I’ve experienced. Main knight ramp to the upper flipper, into the catapult ramp for a lock.

Personally, I wouldn’t be opposed to a code change that allows only one monster mode “hit” on the upper PF target, rather than unlimited. I find it more fun to go after the lit lower monster shots rather than constantly going up top, but it is arguably easier to do that, like you said. Limiting the upper shield to one hit would ensure the real lower shots get used most of the time.

#1461 4 years ago

I love my BKsor Pro and Steve work, but i wanted to try something to add a bit of variety and beauty in the game.

What do you guys think about that ?

Still a prototype and not playable for the moment

20191023_232433 (resized).jpg20191023_232433 (resized).jpg20191023_232436 (resized).jpg20191023_232436 (resized).jpg20191023_232440 (resized).jpg20191023_232440 (resized).jpg20191023_232446 (resized).jpg20191023_232446 (resized).jpg
#1462 4 years ago

That could be pretty dope

#1463 4 years ago

Wow that's like adding a second ramp to the pro. Yuge.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Wow that's like adding a second ramp to the pro. Yuge.

Yes that's the idea

#1465 4 years ago

Are you going to sell them? I'd buy one, (for the pro I still don't have)

#1466 4 years ago

I will see when it will be finished and reliable

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Say hello to my new friend !![quoted image]

Thanks so much for posting this. I loved it as soon as I saw it. For those who have wondered, the Stone Skeleton fits perfect in the premium/LE on the left side. I also installed the black knight on horse back with a lit sword and the skeleton knight both from Mezel Mods in my LE and I love them. Everything fits perfect under the glass right where it is. Here’s pics for you:
BEFC00D1-7728-4B6F-8851-096D32B1CB4B (resized).jpegBEFC00D1-7728-4B6F-8851-096D32B1CB4B (resized).jpeg0636CF03-0B9B-4FBA-BEC8-766862B81FB2 (resized).jpeg0636CF03-0B9B-4FBA-BEC8-766862B81FB2 (resized).jpeg583917B2-64C9-4D8B-9A9B-721F421536F8 (resized).jpeg583917B2-64C9-4D8B-9A9B-721F421536F8 (resized).jpegE74898AB-942C-4705-B5DE-CA9C97D92273 (resized).jpegE74898AB-942C-4705-B5DE-CA9C97D92273 (resized).jpeg

#1468 4 years ago

This would be a one trick pony game without the upper pf.

That's just ridiculous.

#1469 4 years ago

GamerRick. Mods look great. I may add that stone Skeleton to my pro machine. Fits perfect. I posted this pic awhile back of the knight and horse I added to my machine.

3708F69B-9ACC-4AD2-B0AC-C6C21F9A9907 (resized).jpeg3708F69B-9ACC-4AD2-B0AC-C6C21F9A9907 (resized).jpeg
#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

I love my BKsor Pro and Steve work, but i wanted to try something to add a bit of variety and beauty in the game.
Still a prototype and not playable for the moment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have a pro, but if I did I would be really interested in this! Super cool mod to actually change the gameplay a bit.

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

Still a prototype and not playable for the moment[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The idea is awesome.

How does it play?

#1472 4 years ago

Is speakerlightkits doing the le light upgrade yet and if so which one on the site is it? Cheers

#1473 4 years ago

For those who are interested in the sword mod, please report in the "The Nov sword mod" topic in all modding section

Thanks !!

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is speakerlightkits doing the le light upgrade yet and if so which one on the site is it? Cheers

Yes, I now have light kits that are made specifically for SPIKE 2 games with 5.25" speakers (like many of the SPIKE 2 LE models.....like Black Knight: SoR LE). It is called the "Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit for SPIKE 2 games (Type 13).

Here is a video of them in an Iron Maiden LE and The Munsters LE. Putting them in a BK:SoR LE should be a mix between these two. It will have the red surrounds that allow light to shine through them (like the Iron Maiden LE), but have the lighter coned Kenwood speakers (like The Munsters LE) that show the light from the light kit better. That is really the best of both in my opinion.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

For people that already have the 5.25" speakers, this is the easiest Speaker Light Kit install that I have ever seen. Remove the speakers, remove the gaskets and nylon spacers, put on the light rings and put the speakers back on. All of the connections and wiring are very simple and all of the connection are in the games backbox. No need to raise the playfield or even open the coin door. The light kit comes with it's own power supply so it does not grab any power from the games boards. Here are the install instructions as I like to allow my customers to see what is involved before making a purchase. No "install instructions will be e-mailed to you after I get my money." from me.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Deluxe-5.25-SPIKE-2-Install.html

I can get custom color speaker surround sets if you would like ($22.50 a set) and I hope to offer the 5.25" speaker plates in the future so Pro, Premium and other 4" speaker users can do a 4" to 5.25" upgrade at a more affordable price than is available now.

If you have any questions feel free to send an e-mail to the support e-mail on my website.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
Deluxe 525 features (resized).jpgDeluxe 525 features (resized).jpg

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from November:

For those who are interested in the sword mod, please report in the "The Nov sword mod" topic in all modding section
Thanks !!

Posted there, definitely interested in this for my Pro. As long as game plays as normal, definitely want this on my game! Great idea!

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes, I now have light kits that are made specifically for SPIKE 2 games with 5.25" speakers (like many of the SPIKE 2 LE models.....like Black Knight: SoR LE). It is called the "Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit for SPIKE 2 games (Type 13).
Here is a video of them in an Iron Maiden LE and The Munsters LE. Putting them in a BK:SoR LE should be a mix between these two. It will have the red surrounds that allow light to shine through them (like the Iron Maiden LE), but have the lighter coned Kenwood speakers (like The Munsters LE) that show the light from the light kit better. That is really the best of both in my opinion.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html
For people that already have the 5.25" speakers, this is the easiest Speaker Light Kit install that I have ever seen. Remove the speakers, remove the gaskets and nylon spacers, put on the light rings and put the speakers back on. All of the connections and wiring are very simple and all of the connection are in the games backbox. No need to raise the playfield or even open the coin door. The light kit comes with it's own power supply so it does not grab any power from the games boards. Here are the install instructions as I like to allow my customers to see what is involved before making a purchase. No "install instructions will be e-mailed to you after I get my money." from me.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Deluxe-5.25-SPIKE-2-Install.html
I can get custom color speaker surround sets if you would like ($22.50 a set) and I hope to offer the 5.25" speaker plates in the future so Pro, Premium and other 4" speaker users can do a 4" to 5.25" upgrade at a more affordable price than is available now.
If you have any questions feel free to send an e-mail to the support e-mail on my website.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image]

Thanks a bunch. I will be putting my order in they look awesome

#1477 4 years ago

Ok, Slight problem that started tonight. The auto launch isn't going all the way to the upper playfield half the time. This is also causing multi balls to build up in the lane. I've turned up the auto launch to max and no dice. It doesn't seem to be rattling in the shooter lane. Any ideas?

#1478 4 years ago

Ok, Slight problem that started tonight. The auto launch isn't going all the way to the upper playfield half the time. This is also causing multi balls to build up in the lane. I've turned up the auto launch to max and no dice. It doesn't seem to be rattling in the shooter lane. Any ideas?

Check to make sure its hitting the ball square. They come loose sometimes and get off center. Also theres a strength adjustment under the game adjustment menu to turn it up

#1479 4 years ago

Had a similar problem. What Robertstone0407 said. If that does not fix the problem then two things I would look at: make sure the coil stop is not damaged and check/clean the coil sleeve.

#1480 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Check to make sure its hitting the ball square. They come loose sometimes and get off center. Also theres a strength adjustment under the game adjustment menu to turn it up

It's the Menu item that says "Ball Launcher Strength" right? I cranked it up all the way and it didn't seem like the power went up at all. It's the first pinball I've seen that doesn't call it "Auto Launcher Strength".

#1481 4 years ago

According to what Steve Ritchie and Tim Sexton stated during their Pinball Expo 2019 conference, the next code update (due somewhere in december alongside the topper release) will allow player to choose between audio taunting modes to have "meaner black knight" or "back-pedalling black knight" begging for mercy when things get "hot" for him.
This should please some on this topic

(talk about audio modes starts around 4:58)

#1482 4 years ago

Great video

#1483 4 years ago

Is this how other people's auto launch is? If not, is it the auto launch that needs to be adjusted or the shooter housing?

20191026_125551 (resized).jpg20191026_125551 (resized).jpg
#1484 4 years ago

Here's a pic of my game, no problems as pictured. Your shooter looks to be a little bit off-center compared to mine? Hope this helps.
20191026_120007 (resized).jpg20191026_120007 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191026-120044_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191026-120044_Gallery (resized).jpg

#1485 4 years ago

Ok, the playfield had a little give, but adjusting the housing...

#1487 4 years ago

Thanks guys, between a little give on pushing the playfield over and slightly moving the housing over, my shooter is 100% again.

#1488 4 years ago

BKSOR LE issues update - So after a recode the gi issue disappeared but was still left with the shield and flail sometimes cutting out midball and not working.... The game would go into think mode for a few seconds and one or the other or both wouldn't work.

My distributor sent me a capacitor which plugs into CN 6 and problem is now fixed... had a bunch of games with zero issues. Still not sure what the GI cutting out issue was but haven't seen it since my recode.

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

BKSOR LE issues update - So after a recode the gi issue disappeared but was still left with the shield and flail sometimes cutting out midball and not working.... The game would go into think mode for a few seconds and one or the other or both wouldn't work.
My distributor sent me a capacitor which plugs into CN 6 and problem is now fixed... had a bunch of games with zero issues. Still not sure what the GI cutting out issue was but haven't seen it since my recode.

can you elaborate on the capacitor for CN6? Was this his idea? Stern’s instruction?

After checking all of the upper red GI bulbs and sockets the other week, I went a good 50+ games with no issues. Thought maybe something was just touching or not seated correctly and messing with each bulb and socket might have fixed it. Then last night I got the red upper GI failure and shield failure. Argh! So frustrating.

This problem, as you well know, is such a pain to diagnose because you can go days and days and many games before it happens again. Very tough to troubleshoot. I wouldn’t count the capacitor addition as a success just yet, until you get a week or more of plenty of games on it. Crossing fingers for you, though.

I’m going to replace all the upper red GI bulbs and see if that helps.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

can you elaborate on the capacitor for CN6? Was this his idea? Stern’s instruction?
After checking all of the upper red GI bulbs and sockets the other week, I went a good 50+ games with no issues. Thought maybe something was just touching or not seated correctly and messing with each bulb and socket might have fixed it. Then last night I got the red upper GI failure and shield failure. Argh! So frustrating.
This problem, as you well know, is such a pain to diagnose because you can go days and days and many games before it happens again. Very tough to troubleshoot. I wouldn’t count the capacitor addition as a success just yet, until you get a week or more of plenty of games on it. Crossing fingers for you, though.
I’m going to replace all the upper red GI bulbs and see if that helps.

Agree. I will post a pic for you when I get a chance. Had another 12 games or so last night with zero problems. My game was having problems once per game at least (flail and/or shield failing) beforehand so its a big coincidence if the capacitor has really had no effect. I haven't had the gi cut out since recode.

#1491 4 years ago

Thought I had my auto launch fixed and it started happening again. In slow mo it seems to be hitting this on the way up the ramp when it doesn't make it. Is this supposed to be sticking out like this (even if it's just a bit? ) Seems the metal would be flush with the wood.
20191101_181755 (resized).jpg20191101_181755 (resized).jpg

Edit: I got out my pliers and bent it to flush. That seems to have been the culprit.

#1492 4 years ago

So I have had a second top plastic for the catapult crack. This is a few hours after replacing the first one that cracked. Very frustrating. Especially considering that the top and side plastics are riveted together from the factory, and it was a huge pain to replace it since stern mailed me only the top and not the two pieces assembled.

I made 100% sure not to over tighten any of the four screws. In fact I stopped the instant I felt the screws slow down.

This is going to be a real issue as the cracks grow and the plastic gets more brittle and crumbles apart.

18D4A612-0AAD-4A70-9E42-CB1A7C128CA3 (resized).jpeg18D4A612-0AAD-4A70-9E42-CB1A7C128CA3 (resized).jpeg
#1493 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the part # is for this flat bolt in the picture? There are two of them. I snapped one of installing a cliffy. They are very easy to break. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20191026-120044_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191026-120044_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1494 4 years ago

Had a great knight playing BK SOR LE #87 with my daughter
All hail the King, long live the King
73497805_1170753099979228_1768579734771335168_n (resized).jpg73497805_1170753099979228_1768579734771335168_n (resized).jpg

75553069_2472485012820048_5846845241830670336_n (resized).jpg75553069_2472485012820048_5846845241830670336_n (resized).jpg
74673286_2489766651114460_2414374990242643968_n (resized).jpg74673286_2489766651114460_2414374990242643968_n (resized).jpg

#1495 4 years ago

Hi all,

I have played the BK LE at a location today.
The grand champion score was around 150 millions. I have never played before except one game in another place.

First game today : 920 millions. Black night castle done ;o) more than 1 hour to finish it.

At the second party : 540 millions - same : black knight castle done. 45 minutes..

Very great pinball. Need to learn the rules to do more points.

I was very sceptical to play this pinball due to bad ratings. But wow, this pinball is great !!

#1496 4 years ago

I’ve added some mods, a few more to go. I still want to do the speaker LED, and light up the main ramp.

I really like this game. The under cab sub and shaker are impressive on this pin.

557C3C7B-865D-47B1-92A0-18250961302C (resized).jpeg557C3C7B-865D-47B1-92A0-18250961302C (resized).jpeg60EE3DA4-24D0-48F9-B81A-0C2D0403C7CC (resized).jpeg60EE3DA4-24D0-48F9-B81A-0C2D0403C7CC (resized).jpeg690F0A43-7EDA-46C8-901D-F30C0D7A0FF8 (resized).jpeg690F0A43-7EDA-46C8-901D-F30C0D7A0FF8 (resized).jpeg
#1497 4 years ago

My Nov Chest Mod, full home made

20191105_224041 (resized).jpg20191105_224041 (resized).jpg20191105_225139 (resized).jpg20191105_225139 (resized).jpg
#1498 4 years ago

Are there any good bksor printable instruction cards out there?

#1499 4 years ago

No mention of anything new coming in the latest stern newsletter. Which is odd because of all the topper talk, maybe next month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/30?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.