IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1788 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 112.
#1351 4 years ago

Anyone happen to know the part number for the two hex spacers that lock down the upper playfield? I must of had a brittle one, male end just snapped as I started to screw it in.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

That's the Schleich stone skeleton. I've seen him at Target before, but you may have to buy him online now.
I'm not typically a fan of adding toys to the playfield, but that's such a good match to the spinner that I might have to reconsider.

Will that fit in a premium? That’s mounted in a pro near the back. I could barely get the black knight horse from Mezelmods in on my LE. Not sure if this would fit.

#1353 4 years ago

Has anyone tried to use Novus 2 on their upper playfield yet?

#1354 4 years ago

BK SOR LE #87

All I want is big bigger biggest

DSC_0523 (resized).jpgDSC_0523 (resized).jpgDSC_0517 (resized).jpgDSC_0517 (resized).jpgDSC_0516 (resized).jpgDSC_0516 (resized).jpgDSC_0513 (resized).jpgDSC_0513 (resized).jpgDSC_0512 (resized).jpgDSC_0512 (resized).jpgDSC_0511 (resized).jpgDSC_0511 (resized).jpgDSC_0509 (resized).jpgDSC_0509 (resized).jpgDSC_0507 (resized).jpgDSC_0507 (resized).jpgDSC_0502 (resized).jpgDSC_0502 (resized).jpgDSC_0497 (resized).jpgDSC_0497 (resized).jpgDSC_0494 (resized).jpgDSC_0494 (resized).jpgDSC_0493 (resized).jpgDSC_0493 (resized).jpg72571326_2423411631207372_6138830772313784320_n (resized).jpg72571326_2423411631207372_6138830772313784320_n (resized).jpg72567061_1216515658547312_8727104813663256576_n (resized).jpg72567061_1216515658547312_8727104813663256576_n (resized).jpgBK SOR LE #87

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

BK SOR LE #87
All I want is big bigger biggest
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]BK SOR LE #87

Nice

#1356 4 years ago

Not gonna lie, this could really use another code update real soon... hopefully something will be announced at Expo.

I love the game, it’s just a bit too linear right now, and I’d like some more variety and strategy

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

That's the Schleich stone skeleton.

Thanks for the tip! Had to get him for my pin so found him on amazon and next week he will go in the pin with the knight!!!! And for only $18, win, win!

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Not gonna lie, this could really use another code update real soon... hopefully something will be announced at Expo.
I love the game, it’s just a bit too linear right now, and I’d like some more variety and strategy

This is my first new Stern, so I'm not familiar with how often they update once 1.0 is released. Given it's been almost 3 months since the last update, do Stern often let 1.0 sit for several months before updating again? Are we likely to see further updates to the game?

I really enjoy mine too, but I do agree there's still more to be done with the code. Hopefully Stern are willing to put more time in to it and Tim is able to deliver more on the gameplay code.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

This is my first new Stern, so I'm not familiar with how often they update once 1.0 is released. Given it's been almost 3 months since the last update, do Stern often let 1.0 sit for several months before updating again?

Yeah 1.0 basically means that whatever is on the rule card or Playfield is in the game. Many titles get big updates past that (TWD, Metallica, Deadpool, heck even GB). Question is when.

#1360 4 years ago

Another heads up and suggestion for preventative maintenance...playing last night and a tiny unpainted round head screw appeared on the center of the play field. Killed the game so it didn’t drop down into the ball return.

Took a good 15 minutes of scouring the field for where the heck this one could have come from and finally found it. It was one of the four screws (two per side) that hold the opto boards for the catapult loader trough! The front two are completely covered by the decorative plastic (ironically one of those is what also fell off on my machine and another I played, when the screws holding that vibrated out). The back two can be seen if you pull the play field out a bit and just look from behind. That’s where I noticed a very tiny threaded hole and a hole in the opto board that looked suspicious.

Took off the plastic over the catapult and sure enough there were the identical screws still in place in the other three spots. I removed all the others and applied loctite and replaced. I’m sure it is only a matter if and not when all those little screws were going to come out. Suggest others do the same.

#1361 4 years ago

I had one screw and one washer hanging around on the upper playfield. Never found where they are supposed to go. Any ideas?

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Indeed, love the game but it's feeling pretty shallow right now. I play it a couple of times and go back to Maiden.

#1363 4 years ago

BOOOM!

This topper is rocking !!

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

BOOOM!

I love it. Where is that from? Nothing yet even on Stern Insider. I was actually worried the Black Knight topper would be delayed after all the problems with the Munsters topper.

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I love it. Where is that from? Nothing yet even on Stern Insider. I was actually worried the Black Knight topper would be delayed after all the problems with the Munsters topper.

Gary Stern personally pointed it out in his opening remarks at the beginning of the Pinball Expo Stern Factory Tour this morning. It was on top of the game in the Stern Arcade area where they have playable samples of their latest games. Gary said this was the FIRST one completed. I was also told that they are really trying to get it into production in time for folks to have one before Christmas. The Black Knight's head moves UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT!!!

Other good news: I also heard from another a very high-placed Stern source that an adjustment for the amount of cowering in the Black Knight's callouts is coming in the next code update. There will be two options you can choose from that basically make the BK cower quickly or not until much later. And oh yeah: there will be a third setting that keeps him totally evil throughout - no cowering at all. Everybody wins!!!

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I had one screw and one washer hanging around on the upper playfield. Never found where they are supposed to go. Any ideas?

first post a picture of it

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

BOOOM!

I don't even have the game yet, but I NEED THAT topper!!!

#1370 4 years ago

Yep, once that topper is available I’m in. That is way cooler than other toppers I have seen for just about any game!

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Yep, once that topper is available I’m in. That is way cooler than other toppers I have seen for just about any game!

I found something to nitpick on!!!

Why 2 castles and the Helmet looks plasticy...

But man, Stern won Expo with this! At least for me.

#1372 4 years ago

Are Stern toppers bought through their online store or a distributor?

#1373 4 years ago

Hello,

Anyone own both this and Stern Star Wars?
Thoughts if you were to try and compare them...

Thanks!

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

BOOOM!

WOW!

So how do you have this? When is it available? What are the deets?

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I found something to nitpick on!!!
Why 2 castles and the Helmet looks plasticy...
But man, Stern won Expo with this! At least for me.

I was thinking the same thing, awesome topper, but two castles seems odd. Needs a castle on one side and something like a volcano on the other.

#1376 4 years ago

please take my money on the topper....

#1377 4 years ago

Awesome topper for a fantastic game!!!

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Other good news: I also heard from another a very high-placed Stern source that an adjustment for the amount of cowering in the Black Knight's callouts is coming in the next code update. There will be two options you can choose from that basically make the BK cower quickly or not until much later. And oh yeah: there will be a third setting that keeps him totally evil throughout - no cowering at all. Everybody wins!!!

That's excellent news - thanks for sharing. I think having the 3 options is the best outcome as I agree - everyone wins. Hopefully we may see some additional features added in the update too

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

That's excellent news - thanks for sharing. I think having the 3 options is the best outcome as I agree - everyone wins. Hopefully we may see some additional features added in the update too

I really like how responsive Stern has been recently with their code changes to the pinball community’s requests.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I was thinking the same thing, awesome topper, but two castles seems odd. Needs a castle on one side and something like a volcano on the other.

Little fan that lifts some flat plastic "strings" up, shined on to look like a wall of fire would be cool.

#1381 4 years ago

But man, you'd have to animate him in synch to EVERY SINGLE CALLOUT, so he shakes his head while laughing etc.

Biggest Kudos to Stern for all that effort!!!

Who did that chore? - I buy him a drink!

#1382 4 years ago

Not really a topper guy but Damn.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

And oh yeah: there will be a third setting that keeps him totally evil throughout - no cowering at all. Everybody wins!!!

Sounds good if they kill the jokes as part of that I'll be a happy little camper.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not really a topper guy but Damn.

Same. This is the first one that's tempting.

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Another quality control thing for people to check.
Kept looking through the rule guide for why the black knight target only counted one out of every two or three hits, but couldn’t find anything.
Finally looked up close and sure enough, the target was mounted so that the right side was jammed into the post rubber just to the right of it. So the target could only physically register if you happened to hit it hard and way on the left side.
Corrected the target and much better now! It actually counts when I hit it.
Before and after pics[quoted image][quoted image]

Same problem here. Game is much more playable once I realized this target was rarely registering.

#1386 4 years ago

I have a BKSOR Pro and had been playing with the code that it came with, 0.93. I recently updated to the latest code and I know people are not happy with the call outs but I also noticed that the guitar shredding metal soundtrack seems to be toned down (not in a good way). I've noticed it especially when starting the Liche Lords mode. I'm a metal head and want as much of Scott Ian as I can get. Can I revert to the old sound code but keep the new game code?

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sounds good if they kill the jokes as part of that I'll be a happy little camper.

No, that's NOT part of it - That's ALL of it!!! If you don't want the BK turning into a wuss sooner or later but staying evil the entire time, you (we) will have exactly that option in this new adjustment.

I actually plan to let some of my regular guests (none of whom I have had over to play my game yet) get used to the totally evil knight but then after a few visits to play, I'll secretly switch him to wuss out ... and then watch them all do "What did he say?" double-takes while initially trying to convince them they're hearing things. Then I'll fess up when I can't up the ruse any longer!

#1388 4 years ago

ive noticed an issue with my Le just seeing if anyone else has had this problem or maybe its a code/bug thing.

Whilst playing, the game randomly seems to starting flashing (like a boot up node sequence when game is first turned on) not anything to do with normal lighting effects, sometimes after it does that I'm missing a row of red gi and sometimes the shield optos stop working. Weirdly enough when I start a new game the issue goes away. the shield optos always work in test mode as do does the lighting. I'm thinking a bum node board. Any ideas would be welcome?

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

ive noticed an issue with my Le just seeing if anyone else has had this problem or maybe its a code/bug thing.
Whilst playing, the game randomly seems to starting flashing (like a boot up node sequence when game is first turned on) not anything to do with normal lighting effects, sometimes after it does that I'm missing a row of red gi and sometimes the shield optos stop working. Weirdly enough when I start a new game the issue goes away. the shield optos always work in test mode as do does the lighting. I'm thinking a bum node board. Any ideas would be welcome?

Oh wow. This has been exactly my problem for weeks. Please call Pat in tech support at stern and talk to him tomorrow. Make sure to get him and not another tech. He will know about this as I’ve had about 50 emails and a couple hours on the phone about it.

Next step we are trying is to replace ALL upper GI bulbs but I have my doubts that it’ll fix it.

Mine fails anywhere between 5 and 60 minutes. 90% of the time the red upper GI goes out and the shield fails. 9% of the time the lights just flash but they don’t fail, but the shield does fail. 1% of the time the white upper GI will fail along with the shield.

Like you said, a new game, or even a new ball will fix the shield temporarily. Also holding the ball in a cradle in one flipper for 30 seconds and hitting the other flipper will reset the shield node signal.

I’ve found that when the GIs fail, it does store and Overcurrent protection. This can be seen under Tech Alerts in the service menu, and also under the Node bus test on Node 9 (it flashes to tell you there’s a problem). When you run the test, it flashes the lights and clears the problem. Obviously you need to pull the 48v safety switch when you open the cabinet door to be able to see the Overcurrent error.

For what it’s worth I already swapped node 8 and node 9 boards and it didn’t do anything to help. So it’s not a node board issue.

I don’t have the replacement bulbs yet but my distributor is coming over tomorrow to try and see the issue and see if he can fix anything.

FYI I started a thread about this under the tech forum for modern games, too.

Please report back with what you find out from stern and what path you’re taking.

So frustrating as it’s really ruining the fun of this awesome game for me.

#1391 4 years ago

Have you seen or heard anything on the side armors?

#1393 4 years ago

Thanks for posting these videos Neal. I first saw them on Youtube and had to forward them to my pinball buddies. Even the wifey told me that is a must buy for my BK Premium.

I love this pin. I made some trades and was able to obtain a IMDN Premium, a DP Pro and the BK Premium. I knew the other ones were fan favorites, but I took a gamble on BK since the early reviews were 50-50. I did love the look and the campy darkness to the game, so I had to give it a shot and I'm SOOOO glad I did. My twin brother came over and played all (3) pins and we both kinda leaned towards BK has being the funnest pin to play.

I was fortunate to get a working Munsters topper recently and it really adds an extra dimension to that pin, but I think this topper will be the best interactive topper Stern has ever produced. Can't wait to get this one!

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

but I think this topper will be the best interactive topper Stern has ever produced.

I agree. BK3 is a keeper for me as I love metal, love the whole battling monsters vibe and the speed, the simple rules its a great break from playing deeper pin. Not too mention retro mode. Anyway looking like I'm buying this topper.

#1395 4 years ago

Oh my, how the tables have turned. The Black Knight has gained the upper hand. BKSOR topper looks to be one of the best features of the game, yet it has been mia until now. Hope to grab one when available around year end.

Funny thing, Stern should consider converting one line to producing toppers. People have been awaiting TWD, SW, GB and BKSOR toppers, with no end in sight. If Stern makes 50 games a day, there is a seat for 50 toppers, so it is time for Stern to crank things up. Stern is a lifestyle brand that makes pinball toppers, sells t-shirt’s, manufactures pinball machines, streams pinball content, organizes a pinball pro circuit and fulfills dreams.

#1396 4 years ago

Didn’t I see a BKsor topper on one of the two BK games in the Marco/Stern room? The ones just inside the door?

#1397 4 years ago

So no one owns Star Wars?

Alright. Thanks anyways!

#1398 4 years ago

LISTEN BETTER!!!

Does the head tilt back when you hit the knight and he "ouch"es?

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So no one owns Star Wars?
Alright. Thanks anyways!

I have both Games as Premium. You can‘t compare them. Totaly different. BK fast and fun, easy to understand, hard to master. SW is a very Compact game. Hard, fast punishing. I like both!

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I have both Games as Premium. You can‘t compare them. Totaly different. BK fast and fun, easy to understand, hard to master. SW is a very Compact game. Hard, fast punishing. I like both!

I really appreciate the feedback.

I want SW. My girlfriend wants Black Knight so you can imagine where this is going. I think Black Knight is cool. I wouldn't mind owning it. I kinda figured that they weren't very comparable.

Which is faster if you had to think about it? Having not played Star Wars and planning on playing Black Knight this weekend, I think Star Wars is pretty damn fast. I LOVE it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00
There are 5,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/28?hl=joseph5185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.